Ok, this mentality need to stop. (Survivor players DC)

I don't know what is going on today, but today I wanted to do killer challenges and have some fun chases…

But as soon as I load up - there are 1-2 survivor players instantly leaving the match, it happening so often today, I know the reason why are they leaving, and I felt like… Let's have a "final" conversation on that part…

I'm not going to create anymore similar threads about it personally, and this is my message to this topic:

Dear survivor players - if you q-ed up to a match - be ready to face ANY killer from the whole cast of characters. Do not expect to face only killers that YOU like.

Leaving from a match as soon as you heard a hatchet, or saw a xeno's stations or etc - Is just bad, spineless, low and embarrassing towards your fellow teammates.

If you play as a survivor - first and foremost - you are a team player. Put your ego and preferences aside and think about other 3 or 2 players in your team and how your bad action is going to affect other players experience. If you don't care about other players in your team - don't play as a survivor, it's not for you.

Have some moral principles and basic respect to other players, not only other survivors, but also the killer. I'm playing both sides, I also have killers that I hate to face, but you will never find me DC as soon as I saw them, nor you'll find me DC if the match is going wrong. I have respect to other players and I want everyone in my team have a good time and I want to be useful to my team - this is why I play survivors regularly.

The mentality like this (DC first seconds of the match) - hurting the game. Hurting the experience, and creating a negative impression in new players about the game.

Pay some respect to other people that you play with. If you can't, don't want to, or don't care - don't play in a team, play as a killer alone.

Much love to all of you guys, sorry if I was a bit harsh, and have a beautiful day\evening. ❤❤❤

Tagged: Co-ordinatorMod

Comments

  • @dwight444 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3809116#Comment_3809116

    this isn't the flex you think it is. The basekit bt (around when I joined) seems like it should have been implemented from the get go. I cannot imagine playing this game when you could just down and rehook the person off hook because I know how awful killers choose to be now even when deterrents exist. In the dev's defense, you can't possibly guess what the game would evolve to, what metas would cycle in/out, what play styles would become popular, etc. In hindsight, that change came very late but was necessary. Basekit BT was a gigantic step in the right direction for the health of the game and to view it as simply a 'survivor buff' is so simple minded. Not to mention the SWF side has had comms forever and adding icons is merely bridging the gap than a straight up 'buff'. It's literally a multiplayer, team-based game yet one side still doesn't have complete communications beyond a hud. If comms ever come to solo q, it will be less of a buff and more of a 'what the hell has taken so long?'.

    anti camp is anti face camp, you can still camp and people still proxy camp pretty often in my exp because it's still effective at lower /average player levels; it's extremely effective in solo q against 4 random individuals with no communication. The icons were a nice addition but it doesn't solve the poor matchmaking issue where most of the time your random teammates have 0 clue what to do with this information or they make a very noob-like decision based on the info. I still have games where you the HUD to shows 1 survivor on gen, 1 on chase, 1 on hook and the guy with no HUD activity still never goes for the save.

    I agree with you.

    But there is nothing they can implement to get rid of unhealthy mentalities within the players…

    Why I think it's unhealthy? Let's say 1 survivor player from a team is a HUUGE hater of Nurse. The match started - he heard the Nurse's blink and he insta-DCed:

    1. He doesn't even know or will know if this Nurse is any good\good Nurse player.
    2. Other players in his team had all the chances of escaping (50\50, but still a chance), if he kept playing.
    3. He basically just doomed other 3 players to play a miserable match. (I don't think bot make a lot of difference…)
    4. He may cause a "chain reaction of DCs". 1 player left, others moral have been broken and they're also left.

    Even some killer players don't like when survivors DCing, casual killer players just want to have a fun chases against PLAYERS, not AI dummies.

    Now let's just imagine: You are a casual player - playing a survivor session games after hard day on work, and 1 of 2-3 games you have this kind of a teammate "particular killer hater" who DCing from the first seconds of the match just because they hate the killer, or got downed fast or etc… I'm pretty sure your mood will be ruined, and you will close the game with disappointment.

    This mentality isn't healthy for the game, I even go as far to say it's toxic to the game, especially for new players.

    MMR is sometimes putting new players with veteran players in 1 team. And I want our fellow veterans to show new players how good sports and how good they are at the game, instead of insta-leaving like a careless cowards.

  • @Coordi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3809267#Comment_3809267

    It is not punishable nor is it against the game rules.

    I was being sarcastic... lol.. the fact that ya think it's cool is the problem

  • @Doxie said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808896#Comment_3808896

    I love the restaurant analogy except you got it wrong. Basically I came into the restaurant to have a cup of coffee and talk to a friend but you're telling me it's rude and I should order food and eat it and be quiet so you can enjoy your food. That's a much closer analogy. If you wanted a restaurant with quiet you should have chose one that caters to it. Nuff said

    No, I had it correct. It’s expected for people to socialize at restaurants; you talking to your friend is not being rude. No decent person would fault you for that or complain about it. What’s not expected however, is someone laughing obnoxiously every 3 mins while banging on the table. Now that’s being rude, selfish and inconsiderate- just like ragequitting in DBD at the slightest inconvenience.

    @dwight444 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808896#Comment_3808896

    we do deal with them, regularly, but at some point we get that one game that we’re just over it and want to go next. So what? No one is quitting every game otherwise their dc penalty would be extreme and they wouldn’t be able to dc since they can’t even get into a game.

    Am I going to dc cause I don’t like the killer? No

    Am I gonna dc to avoid being bled out while he secures the 4k at 5 gens? Probably, because it’s going to cost me less time to find a new match than sitting here doing nothing.

    solo q is miserable, you guys need to stop acting like it’s only bad sometimes and that leaving the game entirely is a solution. Why am I going to quit a game cold turkey when I can just go next? It’s not that serious

    Stop gaslighting with crap like ragequitting, why in the world do you want me to stay in a match that my teammate is actively throwing at the start? It’s a matchmaking issue but if my teammate is ratting early, entire team is not doing gens while I’m in chase or one of the countless other scenarios you face in solo q(due to abysmal matchmaking), why do you think I or anyone else should stay in the game knowing full well the match is o v e r?

    Why don’t you nag about the player who is actually throwing the match and ruining the experience? Nah, let’s just harp on the people who quit and didn’t try to come back from the 3v1 at 5 gens or those who looped for minutes while their team didn’t even manage to do 1 gen, yeah ok lol

    You don’t DC because you don’t like the killer, but there are too many players that do. That is one of the points that OP is making with this thread. It’s not a theory, because we see it in game when you hear a Nurse screech then hear a “bong” sound followed by a “BOT” next to the name of the survivor who just DC’ed. Or even better, the un-aliving on hook after a quick down from Spirit who has Lethal Pursuer. Scratch that- ANY killer who gets a quick down with Lethal Pursuer.

    I don’t know who acts like solo que isn’t miserable, but it sure isn’t me. I was one of the first to get on my soap box to say it is, and I have posts from over a year ago, to prove it.

    “Going next” on first hook IS throwing the match and ruining the experience. There are too many players giving up for the slightest inconvenience, and these players are making the experience worse for those they leave behind in the match. It is that serious, and this is exactly why OP made this thread to bring awareness. It’s getting out of hand now. Players are even ragequitting at 2/3 gens now, with about half the amount of hook states for the team total. That’s ridiculous. Too many games where at least 3 survivors could have made it out, had that one person just sucked it up and hung in there. But instead it turns into a 4K for the killer.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3809012#Comment_3809012

    No, I had it correct. It’s expected for people to socialize at restaurants; you talking to your friend is not being rude. No decent person would fault you for that or complain about it. What’s not expected however, is someone laughing obnoxiously every 3 mins while banging on the table. Now that’s being rude, selfish and inconsiderate- just like ragequitting in DBD at the slightest inconvenience.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808999#Comment_3808999

    You don’t DC because you don’t like the killer, but there are too many players that do. That is one of the points that OP is making with this thread. It’s not a theory, because we see it in game when you hear a Nurse screech then hear a “bong” sound followed by a “BOT” next to the name of the survivor who just DC’ed. Or even better, the un-aliving on hook after a quick down from Spirit who has Lethal Pursuer. Scratch that- ANY killer who gets a quick down with Lethal Pursuer.

    I don’t know who acts like solo que isn’t miserable, but it sure isn’t me. I was one of the first to get on my soap box to say it is, and I have posts from over a year ago, to prove it.

    “Going next” on first hook IS throwing the match and ruining the experience. There are too many players giving up for the slightest inconvenience, and these players are making the experience worse for those they leave behind in the match. It is that serious, and this is exactly why OP made this thread to bring awareness. It’s getting out of hand now. Players are even ragequitting at 2/3 gens now, with about half the amount of hook states for the team total. That’s ridiculous. Too many games where at least 3 survivors could have made it out, had that one person just sucked it up and hung in there. But instead it turns into a 4K for the killer.

    I am genuinely curious as to your opinion on the teammate who throws the match by playing stupidly, not poorly, flat out stupidly, or playing selfishly, etc. I have insane solo q games as in my teammates will completely sell me out to die or will doom the entire team through their individual actions. I don't understand why you would blame me (or any player) who gets fed up with said teammate and kills themselves on hook. So, I'm truly curious as to why you believe a player should stay when the writing is on the wall that the match is not salvageable without extreme luck or that 1 of the other 2 randoms is cracked and can carry (unlikely). By throwing I mean: prioritizing chests and totems, not going for saves with 0 hooks, not going for saves when the only one healthy, ratting at 4/3 gens or my favorite: you take first chase, it's a great chase, and your entire team has 30% progress to show for it on a single gen because they weren't doing anything with the time you bought them.

    I play daily and can pull from many instances where I'll leave but only after some terrible teammate gameplay. On another thread I shared an example of a match I had yesterday where I took 1st chase, decent chase, died on pallet because I saw teammate next to pallet and he did not make an attempt to save me. Fast forward to EG, he has WoO so I asked him why he didn't try and he said he wanted to unhook me for his challenge. In hindsight, I had no idea why he didn't try but had I known he intentionally sold me out for a challenge then yeah I would have been even more inclined to go next, not cause he didn't save but because he just showed me how selfish he intends to play this match. That's a 3v1, any teammate who is not playing with the team is just making it 3v1. Point being, you often get teammates who play like this but we're frowned upon for going next and ruining their experience. That's a double standard.

    I will definitely go next at 3 gens but again, only after another teammate confirms that we're screwed. Plenty games where they're totally winnable at 3 gens, 1 death but 1 guy has already started ratting so now it's 2v1 and the 2 of us are dead by virtue of exclusively splitting the pressure. Again, why are you expecting me to stay in this match?

  • @Unequalmitten86 said:

    I have also seen Killers DC for a lot of reasons too. So it's not just survivors. Survivors there are more of but Killers have this mentality too.

    Absolutely.

    But when killer leave - it's not as harmful, because of 2 basic reasons:

    1. Killer isn't a teamplayer.
    2. Match instantly done.

    The only "harm" is that survivor players need to wait in a queue again. Which is… Honestly nothing compared to sitting through a miserable match of 3 or 2v1. When they got all the chances to escape if it was a fair 4v1.

    To me personally… When I'm playing a killer and survivor players leaving from my matches… I'm sometimes blaming myself for it. It's a very bad feeling for me, because all I want is to - people who I'm playing with to have as much fun as I do. So I'm starting to blame myself and thinking: "What did I do? Why he DCed? Am I doing something bad, so people don't want to play with me?"

    Kind of… Sucky feeling. It kind of "breaks my heart" each time somebody DCing from matches against me or with me. This is exactly the reason when I'm playing the killer - I am NEVER tunneling, camping or slugging or using any form of bs, coz I know survivor players hate these things.

  • I only leave for killer that shouldn't exist, like kpop singer. What even is the point of running anymore?

1 2 3 ›