Survivors are literally throwing games

I played killer all day yesterday to try out the perk changes and new game play mechanics. It is much less stressful not having to deal with dead hard on every survivor every chase. Won some, lost some, tried out some goofy builds now that I have nearly every perk t3 on every killer. Which by the way I wouldn't have dared try in the former meta. So okay, good there, switched over to see how the other side is living.

Survivors are literally throwing.

I don't know if this is like some form of protest because dead hard got nerfed or an attempt to artificially inflate the kill rates so killer buffs get reverted but NO ONE is even trying to do gens. Every time I chase for a bit and eventually get hooked I see survivors jumping in and out of lockers or clustered around the hook.

Guys what happened?

We couldn't keep you off gens before you wouldn't even do totems now no survivor is even trying I did two gens last game solo we got 4k'ed with 3 gens left. It's like the Spirit DC protest all over again.

DO THE GENS

Comments

  • "Survivors are throwing" or maybe people just aren't having fun. 90 second gens on top of 4 gen slowdowns, nurses, camping got stronger this patch, legions/plagues running obnoxious thana builds. I could go on.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083328#Comment_3083328

    End Game DS was indeed a problem, and highly abusable, you down a survivor with it near an exit gate and they were guaranteed to escape, but that's not an issue any more. It didn't need another nerf to 3s as well though.

    DH was also abusable, using it purely for distance didn't require any skill or require the killer to 'bait it', it just artificially extended chases, and it was especially bad at exit gates. It could also be used to completely negate killer powers, like bear traps, and shock blast. It's in a much better place now. It still works as it used to for tanking hits, same duration of 0.5s, and if you use it correctly and do tank the hit, you still get the speed boost. But now it's not used for whiffing powers or free distance.

    DS had a CD and a window of use. Nobody told you to pick that person up. And if they were in a locker, nobody told you to grab them for it to be used. You did that on your own. Further, if you tunneled them off hook and it got used on you, then it was working as intended. Lets stop making excuses up for every single ######### Survivor perk. Because it's getting old.

    Newsflash. Sprint Burst and Lithe both give distance too at different times. You're just crying about it because it was used at the end of a chase. That's it. OH NO, SOMEBODY DEAD HARDED THROUGH A BEAR TRAP?!? Be a shame if there wasn't X amount more on the map, or you used that Bloodlust to herd them back towards another once the DH had been used.

    Yes. I play Killer. Yes. I knew how to bait a dead hard or when it was coming and how to adjust around it. It wasn't hard.

  • Holly is a cold blooded killer who doesn't care how she gets her kills as long as she gets to kill so she's fine with it

  • killers starting to complain about SB and Lithe? Where? Please point me. I need to see.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083371#Comment_3083371

    killers starting to complain about SB and Lithe? Where? Please point me. I need to see.

    I can't find it when searching, but it was within the past few days. Basically was whining asking how to deal with Sprint Burst and Lithe. And that it felt "Pointless" to chase after because of how much distance they made. lmfao

  • @Lecruidant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083401#Comment_3083401

    I can't find it when searching, but it was within the past few days. Basically was whining asking how to deal with Sprint Burst and Lithe. And that it felt "Pointless" to chase after because of how much distance they made. lmfao

    Yeah I remember that post, the OP specifically said they weren't asking for the perks to be nerfed but were looking for advice on countering them, and they got shrieked at anyway because why not.

  • Give it time and killers will start complaining about Deja Vu.

  • @Sumnox said:

    Give it time and killers will start complaining about Deja Vu.

    Deja Vu plays in the killers favour. They can already see the three closest gens and choose to defend those to ensure they get a 3 gen. Survivors attempting to make use of their repair buff will be sitting ducks.

  • @Lecruidant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083401#Comment_3083401

    I can't find it when searching, but it was within the past few days. Basically was whining asking how to deal with Sprint Burst and Lithe. And that it felt "Pointless" to chase after because of how much distance they made. lmfao

    So your point was reinforced by a single example that you can't find? I tried using the search function and I couldn't find it either. I need your help.

  • I played a match as killer where the only slowdown i ran was corrupt intervention. I chased and hooked two survivors over the course of about 3 mins without ever even seeing the other 2 survivors. No gens done. Just before the patch that would have been two gens gone easily. Its like people have just decided they dont want to do gens anymore.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083413#Comment_3083413

    So your point was reinforced by a single example that you can't find? I tried using the search function and I couldn't find it either. I need your help.

    No. It's also been reinforced by posts on Steam and post game Killers talking ######### about SB. Somebody above me already said they remembered the post

  • @Lecruidant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083442#Comment_3083442

    No. It's also been reinforced by posts on Steam and post game Killers talking ######### about SB. Somebody above me already said they remembered the post

    They haven't produced it, either. You both must know all the best people. Source: Trust me, bro.

    What there is, however, is a blatantly satirical thread about lithe that if you can use a search function you cannot miss.

  • @Hibagon said:

    I played a match as killer where the only slowdown i ran was corrupt intervention. I chased and hooked two survivors over the course of about 3 mins without ever even seeing the other 2 survivors. No gens done. Just before the patch that would have been two gens gone easily. Its like people have just decided they dont want to do gens anymore.

    First Archive Tome Release is very recent, on top of the patch.

  • @tester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082534#Comment_3082534

    They reduced fun parts (chases) and increased unfun parts (gens). Why are you surprised that people don't want to just M1 all game against 4 slowdown guaranteed loss?

    exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Lmao there's always some type of killer conspiracy around survivors inflating kill rates or whatever it's actually mind boggling.

    Killer let me go last match therefore he is artificially inflating escape rates and it needs to stop! 😂

  • Survivors coming out of locker and crouching around? Sounds like the same old solo q experience. Nothing new here. Also hiding in lockers while you are about to get hooked makes sense cuz BBQ

  • Survivors don't want to play against stacked slowdown killers who just tunnel the first survivors out of the match. It's not fun. It's frustrating. Too many matches where you only get 1 or 2 gens done. Games just should not be ending with that few gens done.

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    I played killer all day yesterday to try out the perk changes and new game play mechanics. It is much less stressful not having to deal with dead hard on every survivor every chase. Won some, lost some, tried out some goofy builds now that I have nearly every perk t3 on every killer. Which by the way I wouldn't have dared try in the former meta. So okay, good there, switched over to see how the other side is living.

    Survivors are literally throwing.

    I don't know if this is like some form of protest because dead hard got nerfed or an attempt to artificially inflate the kill rates so killer buffs get reverted but NO ONE is even trying to do gens. Every time I chase for a bit and eventually get hooked I see survivors jumping in and out of lockers or clustered around the hook.

    Guys what happened?

    We couldn't keep you off gens before you wouldn't even do totems now no survivor is even trying I did two gens last game solo we got 4k'ed with 3 gens left. It's like the Spirit DC protest all over again.

    DO THE GENS

    I feel like matchmaking got even worse with this update. I get decent teammates like once every 20 games and the other games I get survivors with around 100 hours in the game (I’m around 2K).


    Many of them barely have any perks and are literally too scared to do gens or even go for the unhook, then they’ll dc or kill them selves as soon as they get downed or hooked.

    I believe this is the main reason people are struggling with this patch and not the actual changes they implemented.

    Another thing is that as long as mmr is based on escapes/kills there will never be a solid matchmaking. I would much rather have the old ranked system.

  • I think this is it.

    @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    I've started to come across more and more swfs where the whole team has these equipped and at times it feels like chases are pointless because of how much time it takes to even catch up in the first place. It's as if people are doing their very best not to actually have to engage in real chases. Not sure how to actually work around this against teams who are effective at it. I'm also started to see this strategy paired with BNPs so gens are knocked out quickly in the background. Any tips?

    I think only the OP actually says anything other than, "These perks are easy to counter." but hey, I found it first

  • They're not only throwing games. They're throwing controllers, keyboards and mouses, as well.

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    I played killer all day yesterday to try out the perk changes and new game play mechanics. It is much less stressful not having to deal with dead hard on every survivor every chase. Won some, lost some, tried out some goofy builds now that I have nearly every perk t3 on every killer. Which by the way I wouldn't have dared try in the former meta. So okay, good there, switched over to see how the other side is living.

    Survivors are literally throwing.

    I don't know if this is like some form of protest because dead hard got nerfed or an attempt to artificially inflate the kill rates so killer buffs get reverted but NO ONE is even trying to do gens. Every time I chase for a bit and eventually get hooked I see survivors jumping in and out of lockers or clustered around the hook.

    Guys what happened?

    We couldn't keep you off gens before you wouldn't even do totems now no survivor is even trying I did two gens last game solo we got 4k'ed with 3 gens left. It's like the Spirit DC protest all over again.

    DO THE GENS

    I've noticed the same thing. I think they're trying out their new skins, tbh.

  • @EvilTwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336417/survivors-are-literally-throwing-games

    I feel like matchmaking got even worse with this update. I get decent teammates like once every 20 games and the other games I get survivors with around 100 hours in the game (I’m around 2K).

    Many of them barely have any perks and are literally too scared to do gens or even go for the unhook, then they’ll dc or kill them selves as soon as they get downed or hooked.

    I believe this is the main reason people are struggling with this patch and not the actual changes they implemented.

    Another thing is that as long as mmr is based on escapes/kills there will never be a solid matchmaking. I would much rather have the old ranked system.

    survs can’t escape, and this give them low mmr. That’s why you play with such bad survs, they escape the same as 5.000 hours survs, never

  • I love your comments, you really think survivors are communicating together all around the world to make the kill increase ??? ahahahahahaha

    It's just every survivors understands that gens are too long to do... that this update is desperating everyone. When one survivors dies before the 3rd generator is done, the game is already over....

    It's just natural reaction when you face a situation in which you know you can't do anything no matter how strong you could be. So survivors just kill themself to begin a new game etc.

    Challenge with the new update has completely disappeared and no one is ever motivated to play the game correctly. You will see there will be less and less survivors from now on and the game will be closed like friday the 13th game on steam with only killers playing and no survivors.

    The biggest community of this game are survivors because 4 vs 1. If they dont wanna play.... the game is over and it actually is. I dont play anymore because every game has nothing serious like before.

  • While playing survivor, I've seen many people ragequit really early. Like, DCing on the second or even first time they got downed. There was even a match against a Legion with a really strong build where a survivor ragequitted really early, on the first down this person suffered, when only one gen had been completed. Still, we kept playing and managed to complete other 4 gens and get relatively close to a fourth. There wasn't a 3 gen formation too. But then Legion managed to kill everyone. So yeah, we would have had a good chance of winning without that DC.

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    I played killer all day yesterday to try out the perk changes and new game play mechanics. It is much less stressful not having to deal with dead hard on every survivor every chase. Won some, lost some, tried out some goofy builds now that I have nearly every perk t3 on every killer. Which by the way I wouldn't have dared try in the former meta. So okay, good there, switched over to see how the other side is living.

    Survivors are literally throwing.

    I don't know if this is like some form of protest because dead hard got nerfed or an attempt to artificially inflate the kill rates so killer buffs get reverted but NO ONE is even trying to do gens. Every time I chase for a bit and eventually get hooked I see survivors jumping in and out of lockers or clustered around the hook.

    Guys what happened?

    We couldn't keep you off gens before you wouldn't even do totems now no survivor is even trying I did two gens last game solo we got 4k'ed with 3 gens left. It's like the Spirit DC protest all over again.

    DO THE GENS

    Seriously? You think survivors are conspiring by throwing games in order to get Dead Hard reverted? Killer mains never cease to amaze me.

    No, you are just playing on ez mode now so you are convinced you are amazing.

  • I think they showed some data recently where it was something like 40% survivors are solo Q. And most of them do have EXTREMELY MISERABLE games currently. Me as well. If I take clairvoyance with me its bearable, if all falls apart i can hide and wait for the hatch. But I have the jonah challenge right now, so someone has to escape before me. That challenge is IMPOSSIBLE in solo Q currently. Bc. you either get teammates that are just as frustrated as you and don't progress the game. Or you have a somewhat good team, but the killer, although having it as easy as never before, still tunnel and camp like crazy to get the first survivror out.

    So no, the (soloQ) survivors are not conspiring, but they get more and more frustrated, and will eventually switch role or quit playing. We already see that in increased killer queues times. If killers don't start to play a little more lenient, now they clearly have the power rule esp. against solo Q, it will haunt them back by ever increasing queue times and/or hefty perk adjustments. And if we are really unlucky, that whole situation will really drive many players away from the game. Solo Q is a large chunk of the player base, we shouldn't risk to lose that players.

    Disclaimer: I'm more of a killer main, but forced to play solo Q bc of the insane killer queue. I was so excited for this update, and I really feel most of the changes are great. But the solo Q situation is horrendous right now, and needs to be adjusted fast!

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082347#Comment_3082347

    That is honestly what I think. I'm a killer main not the greatest survivor but ok. I should not be topping the board with 3 p10 teammates. It's like when survivors and streamers dc'ed against Spirit en masse till she was nerfed, a combination of coordinated manipulative effort and giant baby tantrum.

    Killers having a giant baby tantrum is what got this broken update in the first place

  • Because they didn't want to use skill to wait out DH and they wanted tunnelling to be easier, this whole update was an elaborate plot to just remove two easily countered perks that made solo queue tolerable.

  • Sweaty swf are strong yet. But on solo quando tunneling is oppressive. But especially facecamp is a comeback mechanic, too strong.

  • "That's too strong! My chase only lasted a minute!"

  • I'm wondering if we can just report these people? Today has been none stop suiciding and dcing, and it's not fun playing survivor when your teammates are throwing the game. This is getting out of hand and I hope the devs step in. I'll be reporting going forward. This is childish antics and it needs to stop because they're ruining the fun not just for killers but other survivors like myself.

  • People keep saying survivors don't want to play against stacked slowdowns but I see survivors throwing themselves against no slowdown

  • @EvilTwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336417/survivors-are-literally-throwing-games

    I feel like matchmaking got even worse with this update. I get decent teammates like once every 20 games and the other games I get survivors with around 100 hours in the game (I’m around 2K).

    Many of them barely have any perks and are literally too scared to do gens or even go for the unhook, then they’ll dc or kill them selves as soon as they get downed or hooked.

    I believe this is the main reason people are struggling with this patch and not the actual changes they implemented.

    Another thing is that as long as mmr is based on escapes/kills there will never be a solid matchmaking. I would much rather have the old ranked system.

    I think this is because a lot of experienced survivors have switched over to killer or aren't playing right now. So you have really quick survivor queues but it is because they're throwing just anyone together regardless of this mythical MMR. I've been matched up with some survivors that when I check their time had less than 24hrs in the game. When you get in a game like that, killers may think they're throwing, but no, they are clueless. Even worse when they are on a platform other than you and you can't ask questions or check hours.

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    I played killer all day yesterday to try out the perk changes and new game play mechanics. It is much less stressful not having to deal with dead hard on every survivor every chase. Won some, lost some, tried out some goofy builds now that I have nearly every perk t3 on every killer. Which by the way I wouldn't have dared try in the former meta. So okay, good there, switched over to see how the other side is living.

    Survivors are literally throwing.

    I don't know if this is like some form of protest because dead hard got nerfed or an attempt to artificially inflate the kill rates so killer buffs get reverted but NO ONE is even trying to do gens. Every time I chase for a bit and eventually get hooked I see survivors jumping in and out of lockers or clustered around the hook.

    Guys what happened?

    We couldn't keep you off gens before you wouldn't even do totems now no survivor is even trying I did two gens last game solo we got 4k'ed with 3 gens left. It's like the Spirit DC protest all over again.

    DO THE GENS

    Now imagine trying to Solo queue or queueing with 1 friend and getting teammates like that every game...

  • The game is impossible at this point. For once the killer is actually in a power role and the game is fair but 70% of survivors don't want a fair game they want a game where they can aimlessly hold W and press E to win. With killers breaking pallets and catching up a bit faster it gives survivors less time to tea bag and "that's unfair" and no I'm not a pissed killer main I'm a pissed survivor main. I like that its a bit harder, i LOVE the meta shift perks, but you cannot enjoy a single game due to cry babies who can't actually loop leaving the damn game when ######### doesn't go their way

  • I just had ANOTHER match we were clearly winning, 2 gens done by the time the Pig got her first hook, another gen completed not much later... but then a survivor RAGEQUITTED right after being downed for the SECOND TIME in a match that was going on OUR favor. After that, 3 people was much easier to pressure than 4, so it went downhill and we ended up losing.

    She didn't have meta perks, she got nothing on us, we were on the way to win until a single guy threw the game. You can't complain about "killers OP" if you ragequit and make your whole team lose even when you're winning.

  • @tester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082534#Comment_3082534

    They reduced fun parts (chases) and increased unfun parts (gens). Why are you surprised that people don't want to just M1 all game against 4 slowdown guaranteed loss?

    Guaranteed loss 🤣 hop on 3 gens and have someone drop as many pallets first chase and 3 gens still pop. You're the teammate who does nothing when I run killer for 2 minutes because you want to win without doing the objective holy entitlement

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083427#Comment_3083427

    Deja Vu plays in the killers favour. They can already see the three closest gens and choose to defend those to ensure they get a 3 gen. Survivors attempting to make use of their repair buff will be sitting ducks.

    Is this a serious post? You can't ignore 3 gens because "the killer will be trying to protect it" you are purposely losing before the game even gets to midgame because you can't pressure 3 gen while killer is in chase. Sprint burst literally exists to work in deadzones and get out of bad situations like this safely.

  • @Hibagon said:

    I played a match as killer where the only slowdown i ran was corrupt intervention. I chased and hooked two survivors over the course of about 3 mins without ever even seeing the other 2 survivors. No gens done. Just before the patch that would have been two gens gone easily. Its like people have just decided they dont want to do gens anymore.

    Which was my original point and reason for making this thread. Part of the reason I switched over to survivor after a day of mostly wins as killer was to see what the deal was(and finally unlock some survivor perks). No one is even trying to do gens, they're throwing. Which if you actually want to play some survivor is terribly frustrating. Pre-patch as killer at least one gen would pop during my first chase. Gens now take ten seconds longer which means......at least one gen should pop during the killers first chase. Right?

    All day playing as survivor If I got found first and took the killer on a chase that lasted over a minute? No gens. None. When it would have easily been a two or three gen pop were I playing killer.

  • @RpTheHotrod said:

    I tend to be a friendly killer. If the survivors are having a really rough time, I'll usually let the last two survivors have a heal party and escape. I wonder what happens when a kindly object and protesting throw object meet?

    This is how black holes form, I'm sure.

    Actually black holes form when players too dense to learn new tricks throw together.

  • Alot of people have been implying that it's silly to imagine that this is deliberate. I am more inclined to believe it when my second game as survivor had all 3 of my allies kill themselves on hook (well two- but that was only because I made DANG sure the other guy was staying in the match with me. If he wants to screw over the match, he can stay till the end.)

  • @Seanzu said:

    Lmao there's always some type of killer conspiracy around survivors inflating kill rates or whatever it's actually mind boggling.

    Killer let me go last match therefore he is artificially inflating escape rates and it needs to stop! 😂

    Have you played survivor recently? Even my survivor games where the killer WASN'T RUNNING SLOWDOWNS there were two of us doing gens max all game, and on average two survivors who said idgaf from jump

  • Wow... I never thought that so many people admit to sabotaging their matches.

    I really hope the devs see this and don't just look at the stats.

  • @WeaverReaver42 said:

    Alot of people have been implying that it's silly to imagine that this is deliberate. I am more inclined to believe it when my second game as survivor had all 3 of my allies kill themselves on hook (well two- but that was only because I made DANG sure the other guy was staying in the match with me. If he wants to screw over the match, he can stay till the end.)

    Not far fetched at all. Remember the nerf Spirit dc-athon? Even streamers were on that train. The nerf nurse echo chamber when she still has the lowest kill rates in the game? I'm not suggesting a grand conspiracy, but I do think we are seeing a combination of herd mentality and salty groupthink.

    @MandyTalk please don't take my word for it. Play some survivor. Try to win.

    Don't let the balance team fall for this b******t.

  • If you think Survivors are throwing just to increase killer's kill rate then you have gone and lost it, I've been trying to make my fun builds to work during the past few days and its sad to say, Nothing but except a few Meta build seems to work, since the Gen repair have increased not having looping/anti tunneling perks seems to get me killed faster. and I've been running Head-on and Deception long before DH got nerfed.

    We're just trying to survive here, don't blame us with your weird conspiracy theory BS.

    TLDR; Longer gens repair + Fun survivor perks = Death

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083504#Comment_3083504

    Have you played survivor recently? Even my survivor games where the killer WASN'T RUNNING SLOWDOWNS there were two of us doing gens max all game, and on average two survivors who said idgaf from jump

    Now that I've finally played killer a bit in 6.1.0 I can tell the decent players have no problem to win. They are getting used to their new builds.

    I think the throwers are a minority.

    I wish my teammates were not DCing or giving up. It's not a winning tactic.

    Also, killers queues are back to normal while the number of players hasn't changed.

    I'm guessing either their rifts are done, or the ones who had switched to killers wanting "easy" games finally went against good teams often enough to go back to the survivor side.

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    I played killer all day yesterday to try out the perk changes and new game play mechanics. It is much less stressful not having to deal with dead hard on every survivor every chase. Won some, lost some, tried out some goofy builds now that I have nearly every perk t3 on every killer. Which by the way I wouldn't have dared try in the former meta. So okay, good there, switched over to see how the other side is living.

    Survivors are literally throwing.

    I don't know if this is like some form of protest because dead hard got nerfed or an attempt to artificially inflate the kill rates so killer buffs get reverted but NO ONE is even trying to do gens. Every time I chase for a bit and eventually get hooked I see survivors jumping in and out of lockers or clustered around the hook.

    Guys what happened?

    We couldn't keep you off gens before you wouldn't even do totems now no survivor is even trying I did two gens last game solo we got 4k'ed with 3 gens left. It's like the Spirit DC protest all over again.

    DO THE GENS

    "is this some sort of protest?"

    No, it's "I've had 5 ######### matches in a row, and this is looking to be yet another ######### match, so i don't wanna waste more time in here".

    Since there's 4 survivors on the team, you see a lot of throwing because there's 3 individual survivors that could potentially be sick of the game and wanting to move on to the next match.

    it's not "every survivor throws every game", but it's likely that 1 of the 4 survivors is currently having that match where the last drop hit the cup and they just wanna move on.

  • @Gladonos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336417/survivors-are-literally-throwing-games

    Seriously? You think survivors are conspiring by throwing games in order to get Dead Hard reverted? Killer mains never cease to amaze me.

    No, you are just playing on ez mode now so you are convinced you are amazing.

    Bro I'm playing survivor atm.😑

  • They're doing tome challenges. The first week of a new tome is always like this, it's standard. People ignore gens in favour of doing their task, then want out so they can go to the next game and repeat. It's annoying, I usually don't play much the first week because of it.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Wow... I never thought that so many people admit to sabotaging their matches.

    I really hope the devs see this and don't just look at the stats.

    Entitled survivors do it all the time. They get downed too fast? DC...

1 2 3 4