Survivors are literally throwing games

I played killer all day yesterday to try out the perk changes and new game play mechanics. It is much less stressful not having to deal with dead hard on every survivor every chase. Won some, lost some, tried out some goofy builds now that I have nearly every perk t3 on every killer. Which by the way I wouldn't have dared try in the former meta. So okay, good there, switched over to see how the other side is living.

Survivors are literally throwing.

I don't know if this is like some form of protest because dead hard got nerfed or an attempt to artificially inflate the kill rates so killer buffs get reverted but NO ONE is even trying to do gens. Every time I chase for a bit and eventually get hooked I see survivors jumping in and out of lockers or clustered around the hook.

Guys what happened?

We couldn't keep you off gens before you wouldn't even do totems now no survivor is even trying I did two gens last game solo we got 4k'ed with 3 gens left. It's like the Spirit DC protest all over again.

DO THE GENS

Comments

  • Brooooo you're so toxic why aren't you excited to hold m1 for the next 20 minutes against my thana overcharge pain resonance legion?!

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084398#Comment_3084398

    Entitled survivors do it all the time. They get downed too fast? DC...

    But now it's off the charts. My teammates simply refuse to play.

    2 days ago. Match against Nemesis on the temple of purgation map. I opened a chest, repaired a complete gen solo, got 2 unhooks, 1 chase and 3 heals before the rest of the team completed their first gen.

    It's ridiculous!

    During the event, survivors were glued to gens and now they are allergic to them?

  • @Maxx_Calin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336417/survivors-are-literally-throwing-games

    Technically Overcome and Dead Hard are in essence the same perk. The only difference is that u have to get hit by the killer to get a speed boost. So when u look at it that way. All Dead Hard mains have to do is switch to Overcome to compensate for the Dead Hard nerf.

    I've only ever thrown a match when there is me and one other survivor with 3 or more gens to cause at that point unless u are really good at finding the hatch. U are sure to lose.

    wow, that’s cute. You really think this perks are equal?

    To use overcome you need the stun and this mostly work only against m1 killer.

    with dh you don’t have to drop the pallet and can go for another loop. Dh was used to avoid hits from killer powers like nurse, huntress (hitboxes!!), Pyramidhead, blight and so on.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084398#Comment_3084398

    Entitled survivors do it all the time. They get downed too fast? DC...

    Their last stats didn't count DCs, and do you think they buffed killer because "kill rates are too low" based on matches with survivors DCing which would do the complete opposite of making the kill rate look low.

  • @Plsfix369 said:

    If you think Survivors are throwing just to increase killer's kill rate then you have gone and lost it, I've been trying to make my fun builds to work during the past few days and its sad to say, Nothing but except a few Meta build seems to work, since the Gen repair have increased not having looping/anti tunneling perks seems to get me killed faster. and I've been running Head-on and Deception long before DH got nerfed.

    We're just trying to survive here, don't blame us with your weird conspiracy theory BS.

    TLDR; Longer gens repair + Fun survivor perks = Death

    Ten seconds my guy. If that ends up making a difference chances are you weren't going to pop that gen anyway. And you've but to read the comments above to see my point. Pre-patch as killer, I was so used to having one or even two gens pop during my first chase it didn't even faze me. Now, playing as survivor, you'd think if I'm first to be chased and take the killer on a decent run I'd see the same thing ten seconds later, right? Nope. Because in the face of an actual challenge lots of survivors decided to keep queuing for games, but not actually try. Sucks when I'm trying to rank up as survivor.

    I agree the DS stun reduction was stupid. But all the other looping perks are still there. Save one. And even though lots of people won't admit it that's a huge part of this "I'm not trying" problem.

    And again not so much a grand conspiracy(barring the glaring exceptions noted above). More like a groupthink/defeatist sort of thing. "I can't win without DH, why even try?", or "No one else is doing gens, why should I?".

    And honestly? I don't care if you have that attitude. But stay out of my survivor games would you? I'd actually like to win.

    Cheers

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084465#Comment_3084465

    But now it's off the charts. My teammates simply refuse to play.

    2 days ago. Match against Nemesis on the temple of purgation map. I opened a chest, repaired a complete gen solo, got 2 unhooks, 1 chase and 3 heals before the rest of the team completed their first gen.

    It's ridiculous!

    During the event, survivors were glued to gens and now they are allergic to them?

    It is pretty bad right now, yes... I ask survivors to follow me after an unhook to get a gen done, they ignore me and run towards the killer to get hooked again in 20 seconds

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082405#Comment_3082405

    What's funny is that survivor told killers to just adapt when the ruin changes happened. Seems they can't even bother to try adapting to changes themselves.

    Ruin was stronger than before, killer needs time to realize that. There were very strong combinations like ruin + undying, ruin + thinkerer or even ruin + pentimento…

    Now the devs buffed killer basemechanics and even camping and tunnling while they nerfed the strongest perks on survivor side at the same time. If you don’t play on comms or with insane randoms, you can’t do anything against tunnling. There is nothing that a survivor can use what has an equal impact. Ds stun is worthless, if you get hit during basekit bt otr doesn’t work, so you will go down no matter what…

    that’s not a thing of adept, it’s a thing of a realistic chance.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084465#Comment_3084465

    Their last stats didn't count DCs, and do you think they buffed killer because "kill rates are too low" based on matches with survivors DCing which would do the complete opposite of making the kill rate look low.

    IDK if it's because it's pretty late here but I'm not understanding what your point is xD

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084465#Comment_3084465

    But now it's off the charts. My teammates simply refuse to play.

    2 days ago. Match against Nemesis on the temple of purgation map. I opened a chest, repaired a complete gen solo, got 2 unhooks, 1 chase and 3 heals before the rest of the team completed their first gen.

    It's ridiculous!

    During the event, survivors were glued to gens and now they are allergic to them?

    Even before this update, I’ve played many games in which I work on a single generator the entire trial, and it never gets completed.

    This was mostly at the height of PGtW—I would focus on the middle gen, and the killer would pop my gen 6 or 7 times a trial. I would be cursing that the killer a) never chased me, and b) that my teammates couldn’t loop long enough for me to get the gen done.


    Obviously I can’t speak in defense of your teammates, but maybe they were caught in their own vicious cycle and too stubborn to move on.


    Either way, you went there and back again before your teammates could even lift a finger.

  • @GiveMeTheBox said:

    My first game post update had a Felix self caring through sloppy. Even when the killer showed up, he just kept self caring. His only perk was tier 1 self care

    That's when I would just shock them with doc, get them to madness 3, and to tell them "no, don't do that" lol

  • @masterellik said:

    I love your comments, you really think survivors are communicating together all around the world to make the kill increase ??? ahahahahahaha

    It's just every survivors understands that gens are too long to do... that this update is desperating everyone. When one survivors dies before the 3rd generator is done, the game is already over....

    It's just natural reaction when you face a situation in which you know you can't do anything no matter how strong you could be. So survivors just kill themself to begin a new game etc.

    Challenge with the new update has completely disappeared and no one is ever motivated to play the game correctly. You will see there will be less and less survivors from now on and the game will be closed like friday the 13th game on steam with only killers playing and no survivors.

    The biggest community of this game are survivors because 4 vs 1. If they dont wanna play.... the game is over and it actually is. I dont play anymore because every game has nothing serious like before.

    You actually think the match is lost if a survivor is sacrificed before there's only 2 gens left?

    -_-

    I actually think we're getting to the root of the problem here. Gens are too long to do? 10 seconds. The time it takes to pick up a mug, take a sip of coffee, and put it back down.

    Guys yes the game is more challenging for survivors now. But just because it's no longer a complete cakewalk lots of you are going to give up completely?

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084495#Comment_3084495

    It is pretty bad right now, yes... I ask survivors to follow me after an unhook to get a gen done, they ignore me and run towards the killer to get hooked again in 20 seconds

    Its like they have the mindset of "if i can´t have fun anymore, then no one should have fun". It just takes 1 teammate to ruin the match for everyone else.

    I just hope that those people get quickly bored of playing like this and either quit or start playing normal. But ruin everyone elses fun out of spite, is a no go.

  • Yeah survivors are kinda throwing a tantrum right now.

    The game has been overwhelmingly in their favor for a very long time, there will be an adjustment period.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084526#Comment_3084526

    Its like they have the mindset of "if i can´t have fun anymore, then no one should have fun". It just takes 1 teammate to ruin the match for everyone else.

    I just hope that those people get quickly bored of playing like this and either quit or start playing normal. But ruin everyone elses fun out of spite, is a no go.

    And DBD is the type of game where 4vs1 can be balanced. 3vs1 is barely enjoyable.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084495#Comment_3084495

    Even before this update, I’ve played many games in which I work on a single generator the entire trial, and it never gets completed.

    This was mostly at the height of PGtW—I would focus on the middle gen, and the killer would pop my gen 6 or 7 times a trial. I would be cursing that the killer a) never chased me, and b) that my teammates couldn’t loop long enough for me to get the gen done.

    Obviously I can’t speak in defense of your teammates, but maybe they were caught in their own vicious cycle and too stubborn to move on.

    Either way, you went there and back again before your teammates could even lift a finger.

    What you describe shouldn´t be possible anymore. Pop got hit hard. So the killer coming always back to kick the gen won´t be as oppresive as before. While yes, some people are stubborn. I really hope they change their mind and start playing normal again.

    I even think we should get another event. During the last event, survivors were glued to gens. Lets see how they react now, when they can get skins in a event. I doubt they would continue to sabotage the game.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084598#Comment_3084598

    And DBD is the type of game where 4vs1 can be balanced. 3vs1 is barely enjoyable.

    Correct. From there it snowballs and unless the killer is friendly, then depending on the amount of gens that are left, its impossible to recover.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084607#Comment_3084607

    Correct. From there it snowballs and unless the killer is friendly, then depending on the amount of gens that are left, its impossible to recover.

    That's most of my games now. The first survivor dies before the 2-3 minute mark. It's impossible to keep up afterwards with no gens done

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    Brooooo you're so toxic why aren't you excited to hold m1 for the next 20 minutes against my thana overcharge pain resonance legion?!

    Okay so once again.......

    I, at the moment, am playing survivor.

    And I'd like to escape and rank up on occasion. But I can't do all 5 gens by myself, can I?

    Not easy to pip when someone dc's or kills themself on hook 30 seconds into the match either.

    Pre-patch, when I would play killer survivors would go HARD on gens and force me to bounce around to keep up pressure. That has now completely stopped.

    Why? Don't tell me an extra ten seconds makes THAT much of a difference.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082472#Comment_3082472

    So you want the Devs to do something about an artificially created statistic because you THINK killers need to be nerfed because survivors can't do anything so have to kill themselves on hook to make the devs think that the kill rates are too high that are being created by survivors killing themselves to inflate kill rates? My mind got a little dizzy after that...

    it's called entitlement, pretty much common in people who play only one side instead of playing both roles...

  • I had 0 escapes tonight so far because everyone is refusing to do gens, Instead they chase killers around the map until everyone does..

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084465#Comment_3084465

    But now it's off the charts. My teammates simply refuse to play.

    2 days ago. Match against Nemesis on the temple of purgation map. I opened a chest, repaired a complete gen solo, got 2 unhooks, 1 chase and 3 heals before the rest of the team completed their first gen.

    It's ridiculous!

    During the event, survivors were glued to gens and now they are allergic to them?

    I'm so glad it's not just me. Well, glad probably isn't the right word but I was starting to think I was losing my marbles🤪. Where are all the players that were stomping me as killer like a week ago? I sure could use you on my team now and I don't think ten extra secs of gen time will make a difference.

  • @ich_häng_mal_rum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3083141#Comment_3083141

    wow, that’s cute. You really think this perks are equal?

    To use overcome you need the stun and this mostly work only against m1 killer.

    with dh you don’t have to drop the pallet and can go for another loop. Dh was used to avoid hits from killer powers like nurse, huntress (hitboxes!!), Pyramidhead, blight and so on.

    You have overcome confused with smash hit.

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084495#Comment_3084495

    I'm so glad it's not just me. Well, glad probably isn't the right word but I was starting to think I was losing my marbles🤪. Where are all the players that were stomping me as killer like a week ago? I sure could use you on my team now and I don't think ten extra secs of gen time will make a difference.

    No, you´re not alone. Lets hope that more people see how ridiculous this behavior is and people start to play normal again.

  • Experienced survivor players have always thrown games for interacting with the killer rather than sitting around doing m1 simulator, and bad players have always thrown games by making stupid decisions and rage quitters have always thrown games by giving up. There's nothing new there.

  • Playing survivor for a lot of people rn is just simply not fun. Killers like legion who can extend the game for 20-30 minutes by forcing people to mend for half the game or sit on gens for 3-5 minutes suck the enjoyment out of the game. Tunneling and camping has also gotten exponentially easier. I know this to be true not just because I experience it constantly but because I do it myself. It makes the game easy. I hardly ever have to try on any killer if I just tunnel one person out or camp someone out with deadlock. I don’t blame people for taking advantage of strategies and I don’t blame survivors for wanting to give up. I blame the developers for claiming a patch was supposed to help decrease these things and instead promoting it with increased Gen times and the DS nerf.

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    I played killer all day yesterday to try out the perk changes and new game play mechanics. It is much less stressful not having to deal with dead hard on every survivor every chase. Won some, lost some, tried out some goofy builds now that I have nearly every perk t3 on every killer. Which by the way I wouldn't have dared try in the former meta. So okay, good there, switched over to see how the other side is living.

    Survivors are literally throwing.

    I don't know if this is like some form of protest because dead hard got nerfed or an attempt to artificially inflate the kill rates so killer buffs get reverted but NO ONE is even trying to do gens. Every time I chase for a bit and eventually get hooked I see survivors jumping in and out of lockers or clustered around the hook.

    Guys what happened?

    We couldn't keep you off gens before you wouldn't even do totems now no survivor is even trying I did two gens last game solo we got 4k'ed with 3 gens left. It's like the Spirit DC protest all over again.

    DO THE GENS

    They figure if the devs are just gonna give killers the games with these perk changes we might as well help them out. That's what happens when the majority of the survivor player base are solo Q survivor mains that are getting shat upon. How fun is it now?!

  • Or maybe just this:

    @fogdonkey said:

    Imagine this or a similarly unfortunate situation: You are a survivor player, 1 person was already sacrificed, others have 1-2 hooks and still 4 gens are remaining.

    Why continue playing the match if there is no chance of escape? Basically all your remaining chance is the hatch, but it is not a good solution, because in theory then just all survivors should hide and hope the others get found, which doesn't sound like a fun game.

    As a killer player you can get into a similar situation, but you can usually still achieve at least partial success: getting 1-2 sacrifices. Also it can often happen that a survivor makes a stupid mistake which turns the whole match.

    What do you think?

    My ideas:

    - The game should have some mechanics which help the losing side so that they feel like there is still some hope. I am not sure what this should be, could be e.g. increasing gen repair speeds. But this is hard to design and BHVR could never come up with a solution that works.

    - Add a resign vote button.

    - Come up with some achievable partial goals for survivors which give some feel of accomplishment even if they don't escape.


  • @ashtonisfarout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336417/survivors-are-literally-throwing-games

    They figure if the devs are just gonna give killers the games with these perk changes we might as well help them out. That's what happens when the majority of the survivor player base are solo Q survivor mains that are getting shat upon. How fun is it now?!

    Devs are going to be looking at the numbers of people playing as well as DC rates. If you want to protest you can just not play rather than actively trying to make things worse for other solo players.

  • @MaudetteClorel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082559#Comment_3082559

    And I want my solo Q teammates to do gens and not go down in 3 seconds. But here we are.

    The main problem with all these balances and changes is that if a Bubba wants to camp - he's still gonna camp,even if the devs gave him millions of incentives to leave the hook. Some people just do it out of spite, some do it because they enjoy the end-game salt and others do it because it's a guaranteed win to camp one survivor to death until a gen pops since a 3v1 scenario when gens take even longer is unwinnable on the survivor side.

    What they should do with campers and tunnelers is make it so you lose almost all of your points if you do it. Stop allowing these kind of killers to rank up or get more items or perks you eventually solve the problem.

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082559#Comment_3082559

    Maybe it's because my survivor mmr is lower, but playing all day yesterday I had 2 tunneling killers. Folks who main survivor tend to have a pretty broad definition of those two words. As to the other matches I lost, no the killer didn't camp or tunnel. They didn't have to. I just died on first hook going to rescue a guy(who ended up dying on first hook) because two of our team just loaded into a game they didn't want to play. It's infuriating hanging on hook seeing Claudette having a siesta in the killer shack and Jake apparently preparing a bubble bath in Garden of Joy main house. I get it's going to take a while for survivors to adjust to this patch so when I switch back to killer I slow my roll a bit but as for my survivor games can you guys stop being babies

    JUST TRY PLEASE

    There's no point now, and the devs need to see that. I'd like to say they'll learn, but I don't think so. You can't learn if you don't play your own game.

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082615#Comment_3082615

    This. Exactly this. Just had another game vs Trickster 2 gens done 1 hooked then someone dc'ed. That game was winnable. All it takes is ONE person with your mentality to torpedo an entire team if you just want bps play killer at least you won't ruin the game for three others

    Playing killer now ruins the game for all survivors that play 🤣

  • @wiccan said:

    Playing survivor for a lot of people rn is just simply not fun. Killers like legion who can extend the game for 20-30 minutes by forcing people to mend for half the game or sit on gens for 3-5 minutes suck the enjoyment out of the game. Tunneling and camping has also gotten exponentially easier. I know this to be true not just because I experience it constantly but because I do it myself. It makes the game easy. I hardly ever have to try on any killer if I just tunnel one person out or camp someone out with deadlock. I don’t blame people for taking advantage of strategies and I don’t blame survivors for wanting to give up. I blame the developers for claiming a patch was supposed to help decrease these things and instead promoting it with increased Gen times and the DS nerf.

    Maybe don't camp or tunnel? I dunno man people will play how they want but HybridPandas vids brought me to this game in the first place and he always emphasized playing fair. I don't camp or tunnel under most circumstances and believe me you become a much better killer without resorting to scummy tactics. Especially now with so many perk changes people are trying to find a new groove and you're camping and tunneling bro, why?

  • @ashtonisfarout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082578#Comment_3082578

    There's no point now, and the devs need to see that. I'd like to say they'll learn, but I don't think so. You can't learn if you don't play your own game.

    So there's no point to playing the game, but you keep queuing up anyway and throwing games others might want to actually win? What do you think you're proving?

    Honestly I wish survivors would be real and just say it.

    "We want dead hard back!"

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084825#Comment_3084825

    So there's no point to playing the game, but you keep queuing up anyway and throwing games others might want to actually win? What do you think you're proving?

    Honestly I wish survivors would be real and just say it.

    "We want dead hard back!"

    I have never once in my 5 years used dead hard. I like to spell it out because I'm not lazy and people might not know what it means. I've actually not played the game since 1st day of update. I faced a lot of spirits because of it and without the only guaranteed spirit counterplay, death was inevitable. And I won't play again until it's fixed. I don't have to because I have watched enough people suffering through this and I would rather not be a part of it. Which means my money goes elsewhere.

  • @EternalSinOfCain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084811#Comment_3084811

    Nah, though you obviously need a Dump Truck for all that salt your throwing around. What's the matter Survivor Main? Mad you can't bully killers anymore using all you're "I ######### up, gimmie a do over" perks?

    I never used them. Didn't have to. And I play both.

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084811#Comment_3084811

    Oooookay........so if you ######### on hook and screw over your teammates....you won? Made a stand against oppression?

    Honestly Oppression isn't even that great a perk.

    It's not about winning or losing. It's about sending a message. And it will be received, you'll see. Most of the survivors that are suffering understand this.

  • Sure thing bucko. I'm sure you wouldn't mind posting your steam profile to prove the validity of that claim. As a gesture of good will, I will post mine to prove it as well.

    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198405376589/

  • @ashtonisfarout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084839#Comment_3084839

    It's not about winning or losing. It's about sending a message. And it will be received, you'll see. Most of the survivors that are suffering understand this.

    That message being spoiled brats will stomp their feet, and "take their ball home" if they aren't given massive handicap training wheels to abuse? Yeah, we know. I'm sure the developers know as well. It's how the game has been dictated for the last 6 years. Survivor Mains kicking and screaming if they don't have a bully simulator.

  • @ashtonisfarout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084839#Comment_3084839

    It's not about winning or losing. It's about sending a message. And it will be received, you'll see. Most of the survivors that are suffering understand this.

    Well, I can confirm you are indeed far out. I realize this patch was better for killers than survivors but bruh, you sound like Heath Ledgers Joker right now😳. Maybe try actually playing the game? Adjusting to the changes and building a new meta as opposed to going full blown anarchist?

  • @ashtonisfarout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084839#Comment_3084839

    It's not about winning or losing. It's about sending a message. And it will be received, you'll see. Most of the survivors that are suffering understand this.

    The message will be received, but I don't think it'll read the way you believe it does.

  • LOL thx 🫣

    I picked it up from the guy whos post I answered

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084560#Comment_3084560

    What you describe shouldn´t be possible anymore. Pop got hit hard. So the killer coming always back to kick the gen won´t be as oppresive as before. While yes, some people are stubborn. I really hope they change their mind and start playing normal again.

    I even think we should get another event. During the last event, survivors were glued to gens. Lets see how they react now, when they can get skins in a event. I doubt they would continue to sabotage the game.

    Actually, after this update, the circumstance I described is even more prevalent. I've been experiencing this even more now.

    With the Overcharge and Call of Brine buffs, killers are frequently returning to gens they know have been progressed and are kicking them instead of looking for chase. These two perks combined are resetting gens just as much, if not more, than PGtW would.

    I even played a game with Overcharge, Call of Brine, and Dragon's Grip. Before anyone knew that I had Dragon's Grip, I kicked a gen that was around 90% progress that I knew had 3 survivors working on it. None of those survivors touched the gen for at least 30s (no one became exposed by Dragon's Grip), and less than 2 minutes later I had that gen at 0% progress.

    The survivors' decision to play stealthy, and wait until they knew I was gone to touch that gen, cost them the game.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084608#Comment_3084608

    Actually, after this update, the circumstance I described is even more prevalent. I've been experiencing this even more now.

    With the Overcharge and Call of Brine buffs, killers are frequently returning to gens they know have been progressed and are kicking them instead of looking for chase. These two perks combined are resetting gens just as much, if not more, than PGtW would.

    I even played a game with Overcharge, Call of Brine, and Dragon's Grip. Before anyone knew that I had Dragon's Grip, I kicked a gen that was around 90% progress that I knew had 3 survivors working on it. None of those survivors touched the gen for at least 30s (no one became exposed by Dragon's Grip), and less than 2 minutes later I had that gen at 0% progress.

    The survivors' decision to play stealthy, and wait until they knew I was gone to touch that gen, cost them the game.

    90% progress and Overcharge + Call of Brine should be a little over 2 minutes.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGtF_5jH8ww&ab_channel=Choy


  • Not if a survivor touches the gen, then you go back and kick it again


    Either way, why are you trying to call me a liar? What difference does it make if it was 2.5 minutes or even 3 minutes? I still sent a gen from 90 to 0 in no time at all--point stands.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085506#Comment_3085506

    Not if a survivor touches the gen, then you go back and kick it again

    Either way, why are you trying to call me a liar? What difference does it make if it was 2.5 minutes or even 3 minutes? I still sent a gen from 90 to 0 in no time at all--point stands.

    I didn´t call you a liar. If a survivor touched the gen, then it should take even longer. Since Overcharge starts at 75%.

    What difference it makes if it was 2,5 or 3 minutes? Thats the time of almost 2 gens. But nevermind, if you feel personally attacked by facts.

    Have a good day.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085508#Comment_3085508

    I didn´t call you a liar. If a survivor touched the gen, then it should take even longer. Since Overcharge starts at 75%.

    What difference it makes if it was 2,5 or 3 minutes? Thats the time of almost 2 gens. But nevermind, if you feel personally attacked by facts.

    Have a good day.

    I don't feel personally attacked, i feel like my time is being wasted.


    I remarked on a circumstance that has and continues to occur in my games. You responded in disbelief that it should be an issue currently. I then reported my experiences with it being MORE prevalent, and you respond by disregarding everything but the time I said it took a gen to regress.


    You decided to stear the conversation in a direction it doesn't need to go.

  • @ashtonisfarout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084839#Comment_3084839

    It's not about winning or losing. It's about sending a message. And it will be received, you'll see. Most of the survivors that are suffering understand this.

    Loooool, omg did someone just watch Batman for the first time? He’s really edgy that Joker guy isn’t he.

    Instead of playing a game you don’t enjoy and end up ruining for everyone else here’s a crazy idea, play something else.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3084608#Comment_3084608

    Actually, after this update, the circumstance I described is even more prevalent. I've been experiencing this even more now.

    With the Overcharge and Call of Brine buffs, killers are frequently returning to gens they know have been progressed and are kicking them instead of looking for chase. These two perks combined are resetting gens just as much, if not more, than PGtW would.

    I even played a game with Overcharge, Call of Brine, and Dragon's Grip. Before anyone knew that I had Dragon's Grip, I kicked a gen that was around 90% progress that I knew had 3 survivors working on it. None of those survivors touched the gen for at least 30s (no one became exposed by Dragon's Grip), and less than 2 minutes later I had that gen at 0% progress.

    The survivors' decision to play stealthy, and wait until they knew I was gone to touch that gen, cost them the game.

    So if the killer keeps coming back to that gen until it regresses, why not work on a different gen?

    As someone else pointed out already, you have more than enough time.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085459#Comment_3085459

    So if the killer keeps coming back to that gen until it regresses, why not work on a different gen?

    As someone else pointed out already, you have more than enough time.

    My answer to this question varies, dependent on the gen I'm working on, but it pretty much boils down to being a sunk-cost fallacy situation.


    In short, I cannot know that the killer will repeatedly return to my gen, until they have already done so. Therefore, I can only analyze my actions in retrospect, and claim that I should have done something different with hindsight 20/20.

    As I'm sure you'd agree, it would be foolish to abandon a gen that is 90%, just because the killer kicked it once, yes? And even if the killer kicks it 2, 3, or even 4 more times, we have created map pressure by forcing him to come to our generator instead of the other survivors'.


    Historically, even though I spend all trial working on one gen that never gets complete, I typically escape trials in which the killer repeatedly kicks my gen, because my generator is the only one getting regressed. All other survivors are able to complete their gens because the killer feels obligated to stop mine from being completed. Which, at the end of the day, is a win.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085572#Comment_3085572

    My answer to this question varies, dependent on the gen I'm working on, but it pretty much boils down to being a sunk-cost fallacy situation.

    In short, I cannot know that the killer will repeatedly return to my gen, until they have already done so. Therefore, I can only analyze my actions in retrospect, and claim that I should have done something different with hindsight 20/20.

    As I'm sure you'd agree, it would be foolish to abandon a gen that is 90%, just because the killer kicked it once, yes? And even if the killer kicks it 2, 3, or even 4 more times, we have created map pressure by forcing him to come to our generator instead of the other survivors'.

    Historically, even though I spend all trial working on one gen that never gets complete, I typically escape trials in which the killer repeatedly kicks my gen, because my generator is the only one getting regressed. All other survivors are able to complete their gens because the killer feels obligated to stop mine from being completed. Which, at the end of the day, is a win.

    Yeah that's fair.

    Well, like you said at the end of the day its a win.


    But yeah idk what's going on with survivors this update.

    I hope things get better soon.

1 2 3 4