I feel betrayed by the DbD crew

This isn't so much of a rant but a observation I've since my time playing dead by daylight.

Whenever a new survivor/killer comes out they make some pretty interesting perks that change up game play. I loved that and it made it pretty fun refreshing than using the same 4 perks for years just to win . Then they go and nerf the perk to be mediocre or less viable then you're forced to go back to the same old meta build. I'm no longer interested in getting new survivors or killers it just feels like a waste of time

Rip Boon circle of healing 🙏 💔 😢

Boil over nerf came out of left field though

Comments

  • Good riddance to CoH.



    even though its still really good

  • It didn't change the meta. It changed 1/16 perks and boosted them while killing an entire playstyle. It still does because nothing has changed.

  • CoH nerf is necessary. It is still good.

    Boil Over nerf is bad though.

  • The meta won't change due to how strong the meta perks are as most have effects that can outright win the game for the survivor's team.

    I mean Decisive Strike is both a stun and a near instant heal in one perk as a self breakout heals a survivor from dying to injured.

    Borrowed Time body blocks can kill any snowball potential the killer has. Plus the killer doesn't even need to be camping but just chasing a survivor who ran to the hook can give a game winning body block meanwhile if they didn't have the perk it would be a game losing play.

    Dead Hard eating powers can literally let survivors block attacks that should have downed teammates or if used against a trapper literally turn the trapper's own power against him. Its also causes a lot of bad interactions with powers that break pallets making them not break pallets when they should have, effectively stunning the killer.

    Also the less said about the game breaking duo you mentioned the better other then the nerfs were for the best for the game's health.

    TLDR: The current survivor meta is so broken that nothing short of game breaking perks will ever change it and we even have evidence of it!

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s6FQUoo7xg

    21 seconds (like ~10 seconds if you bring a medkit) , available to everyone in the lobby, works on multiple levels and the killer has to go out of their way to break it.

    Still-better-than-selfcare tier.

  • When you have a few certain perks that are too good it makes it very hard to mix up the meta because in order to replace those "too good" perks you have to make new perks that are "better than too good". Hence why they end up nerfed.

    We fix this by toning down those meta outlier "too good" perks.

  • I am mad that they ruined my precious boil over. Arent they supposed to be survivor mains? What the heck, bro. Stop nerfing our perks!

  • Boil over only got a nerf because apparently it's a problem to console players especially on in door maps. If it's like that then I think it needed a nerf just like it needed a nerf when It made it impossible to. Hook on certain maps

  • My frustration doesn't come from it being nerfed into the ground but because it feels like they're using good perks as a bait and switch to get you into a character then once you buy unlock and level it it's gets nerfed.


    To something not worth using or make you want to go back to the old playstyle before cause it's almost no different

  • @feffrey said:

    My frustration doesn't come from it being nerfed into the ground but because it feels like they're using good perks as a bait and switch to get you into a character then once you buy unlock and level it it's gets nerfed.

    To something not worth using or make you want to go back to the old playstyle before cause it's almost no different

    Seems to be a successful strategy eh? I wish more people thought like you, than the game might actually become better as the player base would be tempted to move on that much faster.

  • @feffrey said:

    This isn't so much of a rant but a observation I've since my time playing dead by daylight.

    Whenever a new survivor/killer comes out they make some pretty interesting perks that change up game play. I loved that and it made it pretty fun refreshing than using the same 4 perks for years just to win . Then they go and nerf the perk to be mediocre or less viable then you're forced to go back to the same old meta build. I'm no longer interested in getting new survivors or killers it just feels like a waste of time

    Rip Boon circle of healing 🙏 💔 😢

    Boil over nerf came out of left field though

    What if I told you.... you could run any perks you wanted? /Morpheus

  • @feffrey said:

    My frustration doesn't come from it being nerfed into the ground but because it feels like they're using good perks as a bait and switch to get you into a character then once you buy unlock and level it it's gets nerfed.

    To something not worth using or make you want to go back to the old playstyle before cause it's almost no different

    Just because you bought it doesn't mean you're entitled to use a blatantly overtuned perk.

  • @feffrey said:

    My frustration doesn't come from it being nerfed into the ground but because it feels like they're using good perks as a bait and switch to get you into a character then once you buy unlock and level it it's gets nerfed.

    To something not worth using or make you want to go back to the old playstyle before cause it's almost no different

    I feel like that's how they sell single survivor DLCs. Ash vs Evil Read gave us Mettle of Man, it was busted, it got nerfed. Now Ash has 3 useless perks, and good riddance.

    Hour of the Witch gave us COH, it was busted, it got nerfed. Now Mikaela has 2 good perks and 1 useless perk, and I'm still going to be seeing it everywhere in a couple of weeks when people realise that this nerf isn't that bad of a nerf after all.

  • I mean to be fair CoH was very strong. However I do think the community has a tendency to simultaneously complain about the few meta perks being used all the time while rioting everytime an other perk is viable until they're barely any good (lucky break, breakout...). It's like survivor perks are either op and stay op or op then nerfed until they're meh (unless they're outright useless from the start)

  • @feffrey said:

    This isn't so much of a rant but a observation I've since my time playing dead by daylight.

    Whenever a new survivor/killer comes out they make some pretty interesting perks that change up game play. I loved that and it made it pretty fun refreshing than using the same 4 perks for years just to win . Then they go and nerf the perk to be mediocre or less viable then you're forced to go back to the same old meta build. I'm no longer interested in getting new survivors or killers it just feels like a waste of time

    Rip Boon circle of healing 🙏 💔 😢

    Boil over nerf came out of left field though

    They didn't make something "pretty interesting" that changed up gameplay.

    They made a perk that was so overwhelmingly strong that it was in every single match, and dictated how every match would be played.

    "It's not the same meta perks we've been using for years" is not a justifiable reason to keep something objectively overpowered in the game, nor does it make it any more fun for the other side to deal with than the old meta perks.

  • The nerf added 3 seconds. It's still going to be meta.

  • @feffrey said:

    My frustration doesn't come from it being nerfed into the ground but because it feels like they're using good perks as a bait and switch to get you into a character then once you buy unlock and level it it's gets nerfed.

    To something not worth using or make you want to go back to the old playstyle before cause it's almost no different

    Tell me you want p2w. Without telling me you want p2w.

  • COH was completely broken and should NEVER have been put in the game in the first place. With all due respect, if someone cannot understand how broken this perk was (and still is by merely existing), then I find it hard to take their opinion seriously as it suggests a poor understanding of the game and a very survivor sided perspective.

    The reality is, the perk still allows a survivor to provide their team mates with a free fifth perk that gives them free heals. This is still broken and should not exist.

    Oh and as far as perks go, you will rarely see any truly OP perks at all now as the OG meta perks are still game changing (DH still giving them a balance headache). They wont want to introduce OP perks that will have big unintended consequences that will require a lot of work to correct. Though when you have people who are embarrassingly bad at the game making balance decisions, the odd one like COH slips through but anyone experienced in both sides is likely to agree that COH should not ever have existed in the first place.

  • Remember how salty they were when Mettle of Man got nerfed after everyone bought Ash for it?

    Think people would learn by now how it goes...

  • I still use coh. It's a free team wide heal and it encourages survivors to find totems. Less bitching about noed.

  • They are neefing the one thing about CoH that doesn't need to be nerfed. It should have stayed at 100% and had the selfcare removed. A "we'll make it" for the entire party with just 1 perk slot it still good. Giving the entire team a better self care for 1 perk slot is what's broken. Everyone but the devs see that.

  • I loved that and it made it pretty fun refreshing than using the same 4 perks for years just to win . Then they go and nerf the perk to be mediocre or less viable then you're forced to go back to the same old meta build.

    You're not forced to run the same 4 perks you choose to run the same 4 perks.

    If players would play for fun instead of getting themselves all worked up for the 4K/4E it would be more enjoyable.

    But this is not a video game this is a job

    image.png


  • Sorry to be that guy, but how did they nerf CoH and boil Over now?

    Is this a 2nd nerf to CoH? And did they revert Boil Over to being useless again?


    I haven't had to time to go searching for the info.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    Sorry to be that guy, but how did they nerf CoH and boil Over now?

    Is this a 2nd nerf to CoH? And did they revert Boil Over to being useless again?

    I haven't had to time to go searching for the info.

    Boil Over has been changed so the wiggle effectiveness is now 60%/70%/80% instead of 50%/75%/100% to help lessen the impact on controller players and standardise perk tiers.

    Circle of Healing is having it's healing speed Bonus reduced to 40%/45%/50% down from 65%/70%/75%, adding about another 3 seconds onto the self heal.

    Haemorrhage is also being reworked, if you were unaware; it now regressing healing progress when not actively being healed.

    You can read all the changes + see most in action here:

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    the beginning

    Hi.

    You may know me as the guy that says he copy and pastes all of his intros, but he realises that actually they sound really bad like that and so subtly changes them each time, from summarising dev streams, or for being "rude and mean" for not upvoting an idea I fundamentally disagree with due to it creating an incredibly pay-2-win environment, but a little known hobby of mine is also collecting and compiling all of the changes in a PTB to help people playing on consoles, or who are away from a consistent source of internet at the moment, understand exactly what changes have taken place, and see all of the new changes!

    Massive shoutout to @Sowbug for joining me and allowing the gameplay to be filmed effectively.

    This post has been baking for about 6 hours now, so without further hesitation my name is GoodBoyKaru (GBK for short), and here is everything that is new on the 5.7.0 PTB.

    patch notes | April Midchapter | 5.7.0 Public test build

    So, for anyone that likes to read, here's the link to the official patch notes on this PTB:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/329?__cf_chl_rt_tk=ATwHk8co1Ttd9fkKRUkOwL6txRH4xzxFdSjqiXyOjR4-1649169200-0-gaNycGzNCD0

    Trying out different formatting this time round, let me know how it looks. If it's decent I'll probably keep it and start having some fun with the titles.

    killer reworks | the legion

    power

    Legion's Feral Frenzy has received a bit of a change. It functions mostly the same as before, with 2 key differences:

    • The Legion gains 0.2m/s movement speed for each fresh survivor hit during Feral Frenzy (up to a maximum of +0.8m/s), meaning they can now travel at a maximum speed of 6m/s.
    • The 5th chained hit of Feral Frenzy will instantly put the survivor into the Dying State, ending Feral Frenzy.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RYWP2DLTEVHL/image.png

    https://youtu.be/xdYsgFK5ohY

    https://youtu.be/kH2dGFvC7r4

    add-ons

    The Legion also got some new add-ons, which can be seen in the patch notes, but can also be seen here much easier. So here's every single Legion add-on as of 5.7.0

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QVPOJ7003DUS/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OFLYM5TSYJU8/image.png

    music

    Best friend Leg got some new music this patch, check it out here:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4O8Qlmw7ho

    Honestly, I really really like it. Reminds me of some absolute bangers that I still listen to lol. Frank's Mix Tape and Fuming Mix tape are absolutely the worst of the lot though. Like Joey's and Susie's and Julie's are all so much better it's not even funny.

    killer reworks | the ghost face

    power

    Ghost Face's power got some slight tweaks, and some major bugfixes. His reveal and stalk mechanic have been technically revisited to ensure proper compatability with current dedicated servers, bugs relating to revealing have been fixed, and finally two changes have been made to the Marked mechanic:

    • A Marked survivor is marked for 60s, up from 45s.
    • A Marked survivor is unable to reveal Ghost Face by normal means. Cancelling his power through a stun or making him miss a swing still works, however.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RIZIA5HKVQN1/image.png

    https://youtu.be/Dtk5qUwEDp0

    addons

    Ghost Face also got a full add-on pass! Here's all of his add-ons:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KG96QKCJV64S/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/F32U0B9CDOBU/image.png

    music

    Like our best friend The Leg, Ghost Face also got some new music! Check it out here:

    https://youtu.be/ftPtHACsr0g

    Personally, it makes me ears bleed but here we are.

    The realm beyond | haddonfield

    Our favourite map, Haddonfield, has received a change, both graphically and gameplay wise. Here's a video of me taking a lovely stroll around on my customised Ultra Plus graphics and, yes, I did disable my colourblind and monitor-correction filters so this is how it is supposed to look:

    https://youtu.be/4ZQX-f2ulvs

    Perk changes | Boil over, Circle of healing

    Boil Over has received a change:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1COJ4PGYPBHG/image.png

    Boil Over now increases wiggle effectiveness by 60%/70%/80%, from 50%/75%/100%, to streamline perk levels and help reduce issues console players would face with the perk. Wiggling will receive further changes later on.

    Boon: Circle of Healing has also received a change:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LRPJARBK0MRF/image.png

    Boon: Circle of Healing now increases all healing speeds by 40%/45%/50%, down from 65%/70%/75% to help reduce the effectiveness of the perk.

    status reworks | haemmorhage

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BYPAPNTI5342/image.png

    Haemmorhage has also received a much needed rework! It now regresses any healing progress at a rate of 7% per second, taking ~14 seconds to fully regress. Apparently though I've found a bug; here is it taking a minute:

    https://youtu.be/ifAlW02VdzI

    Subsequently, Sloppy Butcher (generic perk) and Z-Block (Freddy add-on) have been changed. Here they are:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7VHF43HHB0N7/image.png

    Z-Block now inflicts Haemmorhage for 90 seconds, up from 60, however healthy survivors no longer bleed.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BFJP93TRWST7/image.png

    Sloppy Butcher now increases the speed at which healing regresses thanks to Haemmorhage. Please note that this 15%/20%/25% applies to the 7%, it doesn't make it regress at 32%.

    other changes | difficulty update, engine update, patching

    A couple more quick-fire changes:

    • Difficulties have been reworked! Survivors no longer have a difficulty, and killers are now ranked from Easy to Very Hard.

    Easy killers are fairly straight forward to pick up and play.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/R6PDIARA4JNU/image.png

    Moderate killers share a lot of similarities to easy killers, however involve a few special mechanics or are more mechanically intensive.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/A5K41A9FQ2HP/image.png

    Hard killers have a couple of exclusive special mechanics and would be difficult to just pick up and play.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7O7LVXBXBOY2/image.png

    Very Hard killers are almost mechanically unique and would be difficult to see success with without lots of practice as them or many others to understand killer fundamentals.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/T7ICXGCXVNVV/image.png

    If people want me to check the difficulty of a certain character, let me know and I'll reply with it.

    • The Engine has been updated! We now are playing in Unreal 4.27, which will hopefully help optimisations further down the line too (though nothing has been confirmed).
    • Downloads have been streamlined! "Pak" files have been changed to ensure that downloads and overall patching time are faster in the future (this will however need an almost full-game re-download).

    the ending

    And that concludes this summary. Once again, massive shoutout to @Sowbug for joining me in recording the gameplay and making having actual clips of it possible. Really appreciate this one man.

    So here's some actual gameplay on the PTB to see these things in action:

    https://youtu.be/x5vDxeNqoNo

    And that's all. Have a good day folks

    And no, I will never tire of shameless self promo.

  • You don't HAVE to play meta you know. If you don't think those two perks caused a lot of problems nobody can help you.

  • People when S-tier perks become A-tier perks:

  • @feffrey said:

    This isn't so much of a rant but a observation I've since my time playing dead by daylight.

    Whenever a new survivor/killer comes out they make some pretty interesting perks that change up game play. I loved that and it made it pretty fun refreshing than using the same 4 perks for years just to win . Then they go and nerf the perk to be mediocre or less viable then you're forced to go back to the same old meta build. I'm no longer interested in getting new survivors or killers it just feels like a waste of time

    Rip Boon circle of healing 🙏 💔 😢

    Boil over nerf came out of left field though

    Boil Over might be the only perk I genuinely hate. I hate how it drifts me into corners for literal seconds. You can't do anything about it.

  • @CuteAnimeGirlIRL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/318130/i-feel-betrayed-by-the-dbd-crew

    Boil Over might be the only perk I genuinely hate. I hate how it drifts me into corners for literal seconds. You can't do anything about it.

    Is it really that bad? I always strafe with the drift instead of trying to just walk forward. Yes, sometimes the survivor gets enough benefit out of it to wiggle out, but not that often.

  • Just like DS 😢

    RIP CoH.

  • I am glad they nerfed both. To be honest the CoH nerfs didn't need to happen. They could of just changed healing that you can't increase the speed past 100%, and boom suddenly it's not a problem anymore.

    The Boil Over change never should of happened, and I hope the person who came up with it got fired. Which might be a bit harsh, but the decision to add progression for falling from a height when most of the maps don't even have hooks upstairs, and the killer literally unintentionally walks along the basement walls - was the dumbest thing I've seen. Makes you think "Does BHVR even have someone in the office who says 'No, that would be a bad idea because this'". Even right now the perk is still a problem, hopefully it gets nerfed again in the future, but it doesn't seem to be that much of a problem just yet until more players realize how strong it actually is.

  • @Tranquil_Blue said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2893466#Comment_2893466

    Is it really that bad? I always strafe with the drift instead of trying to just walk forward. Yes, sometimes the survivor gets enough benefit out of it to wiggle out, but not that often.

    I mean, I try to strafe in the opposite direction of the drift, but it seems like it's impossible to really fight Boil Over. I got stuck in the corner of a hook trying to throw her up there. I was stuck for three seconds fighting her damn wiggle. It might not seem like a lot, but you only have, like, 14 seconds of carry time.

  • I would rather not share my opinion about CoH because yes, it's super beneficial for Survivors, but it also makes some matches very difficult for Killer.

    As for Boil Over, you've clearly never played with Survivors bringing offerings for The Game, Lery's Memorial and Raccoon City Police Department... and being unable to hook literally anyone for getting stuck in every little corner of those maps. It's a very dreadful experience... even with the changes in the previous patch, I kept running into SWFs teams running builds with that and I kept needing to slug everyone and letting them bleed out. I'd like to say I don't hate Boil Over as a perk, it's just the combination of that, Breakout and maps difficult to navigate.

  • @Tranquil_Blue said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2893466#Comment_2893466

    Is it really that bad? I always strafe with the drift instead of trying to just walk forward. Yes, sometimes the survivor gets enough benefit out of it to wiggle out, but not that often.

    I know for me, there have plenty of times where BO just held me in place, or physically made me lock in one direction, left, right, forward, or back. I couldn't do anything to stop it.

  • @feffrey said:

    This isn't so much of a rant but a observation I've since my time playing dead by daylight.

    Whenever a new survivor/killer comes out they make some pretty interesting perks that change up game play. I loved that and it made it pretty fun refreshing than using the same 4 perks for years just to win . Then they go and nerf the perk to be mediocre or less viable then you're forced to go back to the same old meta build. I'm no longer interested in getting new survivors or killers it just feels like a waste of time

    Rip Boon circle of healing 🙏 💔 😢

    Boil over nerf came out of left field though

    I know it sucks for survivor players to not have these overpowered perks anymore (CoH is still really good), but these perks were making killer players pretty miserable. These nerfs were 100% needed. I still think CoH and boons in general need additional nerfs so they aren’t the permanent second objective for killers that they are now

  • @Starrseed said:

    Boil over only got a nerf because apparently it's a problem to console players especially on in door maps. If it's like that then I think it needed a nerf just like it needed a nerf when It made it impossible to. Hook on certain maps

    Honestly, it wasn't even that bad on console. I have no clue where that idea came from

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/318130/i-feel-betrayed-by-the-dbd-crew

    I know it sucks for survivor players to not have these overpowered perks anymore (CoH is still really good), but these perks were making killer players pretty miserable. These nerfs were 100% needed. I still think CoH and boons in general need additional nerfs so they aren’t the permanent second objective for killers that they are now

    Dont worry, the COH nerf also kill all other boon perks

  • @AverageKateMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2890781#Comment_2890781

    Honestly, it wasn't even that bad on console. I have no clue where that idea came from

    It absolutely was. Carrying a Boil Over survivor was like trying to drag them through a hurricane it was so bad. Good luck getting them through a doorway in less than 3 - 4 seconds on a map like Lery's or Midwich

  • @feffrey said:

    This isn't so much of a rant but a observation I've since my time playing dead by daylight.

    Whenever a new survivor/killer comes out they make some pretty interesting perks that change up game play. I loved that and it made it pretty fun refreshing than using the same 4 perks for years just to win . Then they go and nerf the perk to be mediocre or less viable then you're forced to go back to the same old meta build. I'm no longer interested in getting new survivors or killers it just feels like a waste of time

    Rip Boon circle of healing 🙏 💔 😢

    Boil over nerf came out of left field though

    Zuh?

    CoH will still be an amazing perk. It just won't be quite as broken.

    Boil Over needed a total rework into a different effect. The immediate post-buff version could allow survivors to become completely unhookable on multiple maps (which made killer unplayable for days thanks to the 'let's make killers DC by taking matches hostage lul' SWF groups). No idea why you didn't think that would be fixed.

    Increased sway means that it's the perfect combination of annoying and crappy. Frankly, just delete it and turn it into something else.

  • @feffrey said:

    This isn't so much of a rant but a observation I've since my time playing dead by daylight.

    Whenever a new survivor/killer comes out they make some pretty interesting perks that change up game play. I loved that and it made it pretty fun refreshing than using the same 4 perks for years just to win . Then they go and nerf the perk to be mediocre or less viable then you're forced to go back to the same old meta build. I'm no longer interested in getting new survivors or killers it just feels like a waste of time

    Rip Boon circle of healing 🙏 💔 😢

    Boil over nerf came out of left field though

    -CoH, the nerf is just gonna affect selfish people that abuse medkits for quick heals only (24 meters range and unlimited heals are still a thing) and kicking boons is pretty much time consuming for killer with almost no reward at all (BPs are nice tho but yeah).

    -boil over wasnt strong ...was just annoying to go againts on indoor maps.

  • @Veinslay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2898066#Comment_2898066

    It absolutely was. Carrying a Boil Over survivor was like trying to drag them through a hurricane it was so bad. Good luck getting them through a doorway in less than 3 - 4 seconds on a map like Lery's or Midwich

    I've literally done it on both those maps though. it's not exactly impossible to do

  • @feffrey said:

    This isn't so much of a rant but a observation I've since my time playing dead by daylight.

    Whenever a new survivor/killer comes out they make some pretty interesting perks that change up game play. I loved that and it made it pretty fun refreshing than using the same 4 perks for years just to win . Then they go and nerf the perk to be mediocre or less viable then you're forced to go back to the same old meta build. I'm no longer interested in getting new survivors or killers it just feels like a waste of time

    Rip Boon circle of healing 🙏 💔 😢

    Boil over nerf came out of left field though

    Only way to change the meta is to nerf all the meta perks to near uselessness. The idea of "Lets powercreep instead" isn't going to fly with anyone who can grasp why power creep is bad.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/318130/i-feel-betrayed-by-the-dbd-crew

    Only way to change the meta is to nerf all the meta perks to near uselessness. The idea of "Lets powercreep instead" isn't going to fly with anyone who can grasp why power creep is bad.

    As someone who does not feel powercreep is inherently bad, I say Eagle Fly Free.

  • Perks like boil over shouldn't exist, even in its current form. Just remove the effect and make a different perk just like what was done with tinkerer. Perks like boil over do not work. Too much, and it's broken. Too little, it's useless. There is no happy medium for perks like that. I feel similar with boon dark theory. Another perk that isn't very good at all, but if you EVER buff it at all, it's going to become a serious problem.

  • @Blueberry said:

    When you have a few certain perks that are too good it makes it very hard to mix up the meta because in order to replace those "too good" perks you have to make new perks that are "better than too good". Hence why they end up nerfed.

    We fix this by toning down those meta outlier "too good" perks.

    That’s right…instead of making more perks better, let’s just tone down the good perks until they’re all worthless.

  • @feffrey said:

    This isn't so much of a rant but a observation I've since my time playing dead by daylight.

    Whenever a new survivor/killer comes out they make some pretty interesting perks that change up game play. I loved that and it made it pretty fun refreshing than using the same 4 perks for years just to win . Then they go and nerf the perk to be mediocre or less viable then you're forced to go back to the same old meta build. I'm no longer interested in getting new survivors or killers it just feels like a waste of time

    Rip Boon circle of healing 🙏 💔 😢

    Boil over nerf came out of left field though

    Agreed. Total bait & switch.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s6FQUoo7xg

    21 seconds (like ~10 seconds if you bring a medkit) , available to everyone in the lobby, works on multiple levels and the killer has to go out of their way to break it.

    Still-better-than-selfcare tier.

    It isn’t! You are not accounting for all the other factors that go along with CoH. The 100% healing (on original) was to offset all the time locating totems, blessing, limited area and ease of snuff. Without the extra fast healing it’s worthless. Yes, on a side-by-side it’s faster than self-care alone, but when considering all the other factors it is not.

  • @Megmain80 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2890693#Comment_2890693

    That’s right…instead of making more perks better, let’s just tone down the good perks until they’re all worthless.

    Or lets just exaggerate and miss the point entirely.

  • I did exagera-te, but I’m pretty sure that was the gist of your post. The outlier ‘too good’ perks need to be toned down. So, you think the best solution to changing the meta is to make the good perks worse. Instead of having more variety of good perks.

  • @Megmain80 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902386#Comment_2902386

    I did exagera-te, but I’m pretty sure that was the gist of your post. The outlier ‘too good’ perks need to be toned down. So, you think the best solution to changing the meta is to make the good perks worse. Instead of having more variety of good perks.

    "I did exagera-te, but I’m pretty sure that was the gist of your post."

    I didn't exaggerate any.

    "So, you think the best solution to changing the meta is to make the good perks worse."

    No, that's not what I think. I said perks that are "too good", meaning they are currently unbalanced. I do not simply want "good" perks nerfed. Those are not the same things.

    "Instead of having more variety of good perks."

    No. Making unbalanced perks, balanced, does make more variety in the meta. Then more perks will be considered.