Common Forum Lies/Embellishments

What are some common things people say to support their argument/make a point that are almost always absolute BS/Exaggerations*?

I'll start (and include how I commonly interpret them):


"I actually play both sides a lot" - I played killer/survivor a few times - actual ratio like 95/5

"I ran the killer for 5 gens" - actually like a gen and half


*not provable, but highly suspect, based on context

Comments

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Someone actually said they ran me for 3 gens and I was like, "while you were on the hook?" He was big mad that I facecamped him and thought it was because I was mad he ran me for like 45 seconds on Haddonfield. I do not think he realized that I just didn't like him because he had a flashlight and I committed to tunneling and face camping him before the match started. I guess a lot of killers face camp out of frustration, but like, it was a pretty standard chase. I am not even saying he was bad. It was just... Not 3 gens?

    The 3-5 gen run is the most prevalent "big fish" story in the DBD community, imo.

    I would bet it almost never, ever happens.

    Three elements are needed: You have to be good, your team has to be slamming gens, and the killer has to be a tilted idiot.

  • they ban people for cheating

  • "SoloQ is the weakest thing in the game"

    "NOED is op"

    "I face a top tier meta SWF every game"

    "CoH is balanced after it got a 2 second nerf"

    "Dead Hard is balanced because most Survivors who use it run into walls"

    "Blight is easy"

    "Demogorgon is unbalanced"

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    "SoloQ is the weakest thing in the game"

    "NOED is op"

    "I face a top tier meta SWF every game"

    "CoH is balanced after it got a 2 second nerf"

    "Dead Hard is balanced because most Survivors who use it run into walls"

    "Blight is easy"

    "Demogorgon is unbalanced"

    Yeah, the weakness of solo queue is enormously exaggerated.

    And related to the "I face top tier SWFs all the time" is "I faced a comp team...". No, no you did not.

    Like many, those tie back to people vastly overestimating how good they are. That team that just wrecked you? Almost certainly just some fairly ordinary peeps just playing like normal.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806692#Comment_2806692

    The 3-5 gen run is the most prevalent "big fish" story in the DBD community, imo.

    I would bet it almost never, ever happens.

    Three elements are needed: You have to be good, your team has to be slamming gens, and the killer has to be a tilted idiot.

    I only had it happen once and it was with a bubba and it was on rpd and I had a friend who had deja vu and I got down a second the third gen popped somewhere around 90 seconds as I got that challenge done like unlss you get rpd and know the map or are God tier at looping you're not going to be looping 3 gens lol


    And if you want to know the perks I was running it was balanced landing, borrowed time,iron will and prove thyself

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806714#Comment_2806714

    I only had it happen once and it was with a bubba and it was on rpd and I had a friend who had deja vu and I got down a second the third gen popped somewhere around 90 seconds as I got that challenge done like unlss you get rpd and know the map or are God tier at looping you're not going to be looping 3 gens lol

    The biggest variable in the equation is the killer.

    I can say with certainty that I will NEVER be looped for 3-5 gens. Not because I am some god (I am absolutely not), but because I will drop chase ages before it gets to that point. I have been overmatched in chase numerous times, occasionally they screw up and I get them quickly, the majority of the time I bail.

    Which is why I am particularly amused by people who say they do this at high MMR; no remotely competent killer would allow themselves to be run for that long.

    In such scenario the killer needs to be tilted enough to get absolute tunnel vision, bad enough not to catch you, but also good enough not to lose you altogether.

  • "You just have to get better"

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806750#Comment_2806750

    The biggest variable in the equation is the killer.

    I can say with certainty that I will NEVER be looped for 3-5 gens. Not because I am some god (I am absolutely not), but because I will drop chase ages before it gets to that point. I have been overmatched in chase numerous times, occasionally they screw up and I get them quickly, the majority of the time I bail.

    Which is why I am particularly amused by people who say they do this at high MMR; no remotely competent killer would allow themselves to be run for that long.

    In such scenario the killer needs to be tilted enough to get absolute tunnel vision, bad enough not to catch you, but also good enough not to lose you altogether.

    Oh it most certainly does and if it was any killer besides bubba I would've been down earlier as I'm not being in chases with the other killers I get often(spirit,wraith,ghostface and Blight) like I'm basically screwed if they get 2nd stage bloodlust and there's no pallet

  • @BoriskyTheFox said:

    ''Killers are leaving the game because this game is so survivor sided''

    There is actually data to support this though.

  • For me it's when people say Deathslinger now takes skill to play and I'm like dog did he already not before lol?

  • @pizzaduffyhp90 said:

    For me it's when people say Deathslinger now takes skill to play and I'm like dog did he already not before lol?


    The thing with Deathslinger is people are like "You can still hit your shots". Like, yeah, I can. But my ability to map pressure, which ALREADY SUCKED, is now so bad I can't keep up with the Survivors. I hobble along at 110, then slow down even MORE to reload, to fire a ranged attack that requires me to reel you in to get the hit and down!


    At least Huntress can get her hit and go about her day, and doesn't reload every single time!

  • No there isnt. Killers are stronger than they have ever been. Kill rate stats are above average.

  • "game is actually balanced"

  • When people describe how often they get salt in egc. Like it is litterally imposible to get salt from 50% of survivors on avarage beause no one platform (at least if polls are accurate) has 50% of the player base. The most populated platform is PC that has almost 50%


    And in genral I feel like people are just popping off. We're playing the same game how can I never get salt or Toxicity yet you claim to have it every game or every other game? I play almost every killer, I switch up perks, I play a bit dirty from time to time so I can't think of any factors that would cause such a discrepancy except that you are over exaggerating.

    I also think people over exagerate how often they go against 4 mans, just because they have a tiny amount of cordination doesn't mean they're on coms. It could just be hours in the game, intuition, ect. Someone was able to communicate to me 'Lets 99 the gen, heal, then finish it.' by just double crouching when the gen was at about 85.

    And people VASTLY over exaggerate how strong a SWFing is. Just because a team has communication doesn't mean they have good communication. Nor every swf has communication like "Hex at the 4 o' clock LT wall, right on the corner of the long side!'

    No its gonna be more like 'Oh he chased me past the hex!'

    'Oh, where?'

    'Um at a jungle gym loop.... its like across from main.'

    'What side?'

    'The side with the drop down window.'

  • @Tubby_Squirrel said:

    When people describe how often they get salt in egc. Like it is litterally imposible to get salt from 50% of survivors on avarage beause no one platform (at least if polls are accurate) has 50% of the player base. The most populated platform is PC that has almost 50%

    And in genral I feel like people are just popping off. We're playing the same game how can I never get salt or Toxicity yet you claim to have it every game or every other game? I play almost every killer, I switch up perks, I play a bit dirty from time to time so I can't think of any factors that would cause such a discrepancy except that you are over exaggerating.

    I also think people over exagerate how often they go against 4 mans, just because they have a tiny amount of cordination doesn't mean they're on coms. It could just be hours in the game, intuition, ect. Someone was able to communicate to me 'Lets 99 the gen, heal, then finish it.' by just double crouching when the gen was at about 85.

    And people VASTLY over exaggerate how strong a SWFing is. Just because a team has communication doesn't mean they have good communication. Nor every swf has communication like "Hex at the 4 o' clock LT wall, right on the corner of the long side!'

    No its gonna be more like 'Oh he chased me past the hex!'

    'Oh, where?'

    'Um at a jungle gym loop.... its like across from main.'

    'What side?'

    'The side with the drop down window.'

    I mean, having pop doesn't make killers gen guardian god, it's same thing for SWF.

    The strength of things itself doesn't changed by how people use it.

  • @BoriskyTheFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806776#Comment_2806776

    No there isnt. Killers are stronger than they have ever been. Kill rate stats are above average.

    Those two things have nothing to do with player retention rates.


    You can win and still have no fun at all. The issue is not that killers are not winning. The issue is that things like CoH and Dead Hard validation SUCK to go against and make the game unfun.


    There are loads of Killers that have quit the game, in a disproportionate ratio to Survivors. Look at @Pulsar and he was an avid Killer player. Many have quit. You do not see these long threads, Youtube videos, and Q&A segments saying the same from the Survivor side.


    And for the record, your statement is incorrect. Killers are not stronger than ever. There is a huge drop in kill rates since the last data collection. Right now the average is 50-55. Don't forget that pre-nerf Freddy had an over 70% kill rate.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806786#Comment_2806786

    Those two things have nothing to do with player retention rates.

    You can win and still have no fun at all. The issue is not that killers are not winning. The issue is that things like CoH and Dead Hard validation SUCK to go against and make the game unfun.

    There are loads of Killers that have quit the game, in a disproportionate ratio to Survivors. Look at @Pulsar and he was an avid Killer player. Many have quit. You do not see these long threads, Youtube videos, and Q&A segments saying the same from the Survivor side.

    And for the record, your statement is incorrect. Killers are not stronger than ever. There is a huge drop in kill rates since the last data collection. Right now the average is 50-55. Don't forget that pre-nerf Freddy had an over 70% kill rate.

    Let me add on to this some us were basically left searching for a new killer to play as after the introduction of boons like I was searching for a killer I have fun with as much I did with legion and bubba was really close to becoming my main killer to use when I get tired of survivor matches just because ngl I did enjoy the occasional salt I got than the tome challenges had me try out pig and now she's my main killer which I found funny as I hated going against pigs but now I'm starting to get the hang of her dash so I'm more confident in having runs from her



    Tldr some people quit because they might have not found a new killer to attach to after the boons destroyed their main ways to play their main

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806786#Comment_2806786

    Those two things have nothing to do with player retention rates.

    You can win and still have no fun at all. The issue is not that killers are not winning. The issue is that things like CoH and Dead Hard validation SUCK to go against and make the game unfun.

    There are loads of Killers that have quit the game, in a disproportionate ratio to Survivors. Look at @Pulsar and he was an avid Killer player. Many have quit. You do not see these long threads, Youtube videos, and Q&A segments saying the same from the Survivor side.

    And for the record, your statement is incorrect. Killers are not stronger than ever. There is a huge drop in kill rates since the last data collection. Right now the average is 50-55. Don't forget that pre-nerf Freddy had an over 70% kill rate.

    That's correct.

    @BoriskyTheFox I did quit Killer because of a multitude of reasons. At the end of the day, I was still winning almost all of my matches, but it simply wasn't fun anymore.

  • "I 4k with Clown, easily, all the time at high MMR, with no perks and no add-ons."

  • I've seen unironic stretched res defenders

  • "I can tell I was facing a swf". Some variation of this I see a bunch. 9/10 you have no real way of knowing your facing a swf or not, but people want to think they are to blame their loss on.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    "I can tell I was facing a swf". Some variation of this I see a bunch. 9/10 you have no real way of knowing your facing a swf or not, but people want to think they are to blame their loss on.

    Many times they make it obvious with outfits and names, but most of the time, you're right.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806796#Comment_2806796

    That's correct.

    @BoriskyTheFox I did quit Killer because of a multitude of reasons. At the end of the day, I was still winning almost all of my matches, but it simply wasn't fun anymore.

    I also feel that with games I don't have fun with anymore and as reggie once said

    Untitled Image


  • “This game is dying.”

    Also people citing the useless kill rate images BHVR posts as if it means anything meaningful.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    "I can tell I was facing a swf". Some variation of this I see a bunch. 9/10 you have no real way of knowing your facing a swf or not, but people want to think they are to blame their loss on.

    It's more like 3/10 times since 7/10 times there is at least one person with public profile and with friend list which contains all other players.

  • @ThanosPAWG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806489#Comment_2806489

    I'm proud of the fact that I have no life xD. I am on console but on Xbox there is an area that says how much time I have on each game I've played on my profile.

    Eyyy same. I might've hit the 3000 mark or just close to it! My GT is THESILENTORDER

  • @SuzuKR said:

    “This game is dying.”

    Also people citing the useless kill rate images BHVR posts as if it means anything meaningful.

    I mean it has been bleeding lots of players last time I checked and for a multiplayer game it lives or dies on its fanbase

  • @Veinslay said:

    "My survivor queue times are always a minute or less!"

    "SWF doesn't give any advantages!"

    "Circle of Healing isn't OP, it takes half a second to snuff!"

    My survivors Q times have always been less than a minute during the day, both with crossplay on and crossplay off on Steam, PC, EU. Maybe you just live in a place where not many people play or your MMR is really low/high and not many people are playing at similar MMR. Or you just play at night, which also can take a few more time.

  • People who say killer is very difficult and they can barely get a kill on any match yet say they keep going against 4men SWF with only meta perks every match.

    If they can barely get a kill in a match, their MMR will go down and they'll stop facing all these SWF comp teams.


    People who say they have 80%+ escape rate in solo Q. No, no you don't.

  • @Marigoria said:

    People who say killer is very difficult and they can barely get a kill on any match yet say they keep going against 4men SWF with only meta perks every match.

    If they can barely get a kill in a match, their MMR will go down and they'll stop facing all these SWF comp teams.

    People who say they have 80%+ escape rate in solo Q. No, no you don't.

    MMR is proven to not meant to work, you are overestimating MMR.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806949#Comment_2806949

    MMR is proven to not meant to work, you are overestimating MMR.

    Oh I know it doesn't work. But I also know people are not going against 4men swf every match,

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806962#Comment_2806962

    Oh I know it doesn't work. But I also know people are not going against 4men swf every match,

    Of course, but it doesn't matter.

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806918#Comment_2806918

    I mean it has been bleeding lots of players last time I checked and for a multiplayer game it lives or dies on its fanbase

    The amount of players has gone down since last October, but that always happens. This is a rather seasonal mp game. That's why I tend to take a longer view, like you would for wrestling ppv trends. So year to year. Last February there were 3k less players than this (on steam alone, as they are the only ones who consistently publish the numbers) , so therefore while there are some seasonal drops, I would say on the whole the game seems to be keeping a consistent amount of players.

    The other data point that would help is average age of account (i.e. how long has an active player been playing) to see if DbD is keeping players or merely recruiting new ones at a higher rate than are leaving. My guess would be a bit of both. .

    Either way I would say the reports of DbD's demise are rather overstated.

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806918#Comment_2806918

    I mean it has been bleeding lots of players last time I checked and for a multiplayer game it lives or dies on its fanbase

    There is zero evidence of that. No, the Steam player count is not evidence. Game player count is literally always cyclic because it fluctuates from things like school/work starting versus seasonal breaks.

  • "SBMM has not affected my killer games"

    "The game is dying"

    "Such and such killer takes no skill"

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    "SBMM has not affected my killer games"

    "The game is dying"

    "Such and such killer takes no skill"

    The first one, it really hasn't. Matches are random as ever. Maybe it has an effect if its really really high or really really low, but if its anywhere in between you have an equal chance to get a team of babies or a team of loop gods.

  • The high MMR comment absolutely.

    Also, the "Why am I always with bad team mates" complaint, when I am certain it's not even mostly that way and they themselves are also highly likely to be that bad player also.

    Finally, the idea hinted at, that without good perks you don't stand a chance. Skill, experience and creativity accounts for way more than what's given.

  • Noed killers are good players

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    I've seen unironic stretched res defenders

    They seem to be somewhat common on Twitter. Not sure why tbh.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806881#Comment_2806881

    They seem to be somewhat common on Twitter. Not sure why tbh.

    A lot of the comp community is on twitter and not on these forums. Comp is used to playing against stretched and knows what it does and doesn't do. So you get a lot of those players saying it's not a big deal on twitter

  • DH is a 3rd health state

  • "All Bubbas Facecamp"

  • survivor queues take 10 minutes

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    What are some common things people say to support their argument/make a point that are almost always absolute BS/Exaggerations*?

    I'll start (and include how I commonly interpret them):

    "I actually play both sides a lot" - I played killer/survivor a few times - actual ratio like 95/5

    "I ran the killer for 5 gens" - actually like a gen and half

    *not provable, but highly suspect, based on context

    SWF is not broken.

  • @Veinslay said:

    "My survivor queue times are always a minute or less!"

    "SWF doesn't give any advantages!"

    "Circle of Healing isn't OP, it takes half a second to snuff!"

    Well my surv queue is fast indeed also killer ones.I suppose depend of you live and the time.

  • i play 50/50 and when I play survivor I always escape while I”m seeing a film

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    "I 4k with Clown, easily, all the time at high MMR, with no perks and no add-ons."

    Ahh yes, Colton147147

  • "Comms doesn't give any gameplay advantage"

    "X streamer said [...] / did an experiment, so it's true/false "

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806481#Comment_2806481

    Wait prove thyself gives you bonus bp I just used it for the gen repair speed boost?

    Also I mostly use BBQ for BP as there are better info perks heck I used to discordance along with BBQ just so I can maximize bp hooks with bubba like my old tactic was to act like I'm face camping so two survivors would get on a gen to notify me and than I would head over there lol

    Edit so I checked and it does give you more bp but I'm going to be honest if I need more bp I would do challenges and play killer lol

    Yeah, extra BP for coop actions i believe

1 2 3