Common Forum Lies/Embellishments

What are some common things people say to support their argument/make a point that are almost always absolute BS/Exaggerations*?

I'll start (and include how I commonly interpret them):


"I actually play both sides a lot" - I played killer/survivor a few times - actual ratio like 95/5

"I ran the killer for 5 gens" - actually like a gen and half


*not provable, but highly suspect, based on context

Comments

  • "I can apply extreme pressure as clown at rank 1" (it was long before MMR)

  • On one that was mentioned earlier - I legitimately use BBQ only for the BP. I think BBQ is one of those perks where it is so meta that everyone assumes every killer is running it, so they duck into lockers or line themselves up behind a gen after pickups.

    I run it constantly and rarely actually see auras. If the grind wasn't so brutal I'd never run it. Same with We're Gonna Live Forever on the survivor side.

  • @Avilgus said:

    "Comms doesn't give any gameplay advantage"

    "X streamer said [...] / did an experiment, so it's true/false "

    Yeah, experiments run by players with 7K+ hours aren't that applicable to the player base at large. I'd be interested to see some of these experiments run with actual randomly chosen groups of players.

  • Something that bugs me about discussions sometimes is when people make accusations or project things onto you despite it not being true. Like a random example might be if you express an opinion about a certain perk or power and you're hit with things like "yeah but what about other thing?" or "you just think that because your XYZ"

    It doesn't happen that often though, for me at least.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Something that bugs me about discussions sometimes is when people make accusations or project things onto you despite it not being true. Like a random example might be if you express an opinion about a certain perk or power and you're hit with things like "yeah but what about other thing?" or "you just think that because your XYZ"

    It doesn't happen that often though, for me at least.

    Unfortunately projecting thoughts and preconceptions onto others is one of the things humans do best; all of us do it, to varying degrees.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2809327#Comment_2809327

    Unfortunately projecting thoughts and preconceptions onto others is one of the things humans do best; all of us do it, to varying degrees.

    Yeah true, pattern recognising brain and stuff like that.

    Still, to me asking ppl why they hold the dbd opinions they do is worth far more than simply labelling them as X and moving on.

  • @GeneralV said:

    For some reason, I tend to doubt people who proudly state how many hours of DBD they have.

    I proudly state how many hours I have but I'll also be the first to say that hours doesn't = skill it just equals knowledge of how the game works, usually if I post my hours it's because someone has called me out and downplayed my opinion claiming I must not have been around long but I'm proud to be here since day 1 because nobody knew this game would be as big as it is now, nothing wrong with that.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806472#Comment_2806472

    I proudly state how many hours I have but I'll also be the first to say that hours doesn't = skill it just equals knowledge of how the game works, usually if I post my hours it's because someone has called me out and downplayed my opinion claiming I must not have been around long but I'm proud to be here since day 1 because nobody knew this game would be as big as it is now, nothing wrong with that.

    I don't think time = knowledge is also true, you can casually play without zero brain cells for 7000 hours, well I don't think you will but you can.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2809368#Comment_2809368

    I don't think time = knowledge is also true, you can casually play without zero brain cells for 7000 hours, well I don't think you will but you can.

    You have to admit though it's extremely rare to see someone with 7,000 hours that doesn't understand how the game works , even if they suck they know it well enough to grasp why they lost unless they're an excuse machine

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806472#Comment_2806472

    I proudly state how many hours I have but I'll also be the first to say that hours doesn't = skill it just equals knowledge of how the game works, usually if I post my hours it's because someone has called me out and downplayed my opinion claiming I must not have been around long but I'm proud to be here since day 1 because nobody knew this game would be as big as it is now, nothing wrong with that.

    Fair, but I would argue that knowledge of how that game works is a much better analog for skill in DBD than other games, because the reality is that DBD isn't really skill based in the sense a lot of other games are.

    Looping is the best example of this, imo; knowledge of the tiles and typical strats is like 95% of the mechanic. Technical skill in DBD just isn't all that necessary.

  • "Every game I go against a 4-man top mmr tournament squad" -Fookin surviverfriends...a certain british streamer may be responsible for spreading this lie tbf.

    "Dead Hard takes no skill"

    "I am quitting DbD"

    "[insert streamer] got a 5000 win streak, which proves the game is killer sided"

    "Killer is unplayable right now"

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Something that bugs me about discussions sometimes is when people make accusations or project things onto you despite it not being true. Like a random example might be if you express an opinion about a certain perk or power and you're hit with things like "yeah but what about other thing?" or "you just think that because your XYZ"

    It doesn't happen that often though, for me at least.

    Whataboutism and ad hominems are two of the most used tools to debate, this forum is not going to be an exemption.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2809327#Comment_2809327

    Whataboutism and ad hominems are two of the most used tools to debate, this forum is not going to be an exemption.

    Doesn't really change anything though does it

    nobody learns anything from those exchanges

  • "All my games are 4 man SWF with Discord up"

    "Im quitting Dead by Daylight" (The biggest lie)

    "Im running the killer for 5 gens"

    "Killers is its worst state"

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    The high MMR comment absolutely.

    Also, the "Why am I always with bad team mates" complaint, when I am certain it's not even mostly that way and they themselves are also highly likely to be that bad player also.

    Finally, the idea hinted at, that without good perks you don't stand a chance. Skill, experience and creativity accounts for way more than what's given.

    Would you believe the people that state that if they showed you proof?

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2809584#Comment_2809584

    Doesn't really change anything though does it

    nobody learns anything from those exchanges

    No it doesnt, both are also tools for poor orators or people without arguments to deflect any kind of argument and try to steer the conversation towards their goals by dodging the subject at hand, pity its so damn effective at all levels.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2808855#Comment_2808855

    Would you believe the people that state that if they showed you proof?

    Would I believe them if they showed proof for every single individual match they have ever had (none omitted) proving they are always good and always have bad team mates every match? Yes.

    Can I guarantee that will never, ever happen, not just because it's a ridiculously stupid request, but that one match proving they were a weak player in that trial would end their idea of them being great? Also yes.

    I absolutely guarantee everyone will have matches where they are the weak link, and it's that whole idea of them being always with bad teams whilst they are always the better team mate which I say are lies. I just detest snobbery.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2809671#Comment_2809671

    Would I believe them if they showed proof for every single individual match they have ever had (none omitted) proving they are always good and always have bad team mates every match? Yes.

    Can I guarantee that will never, ever happen, not just because it's a ridiculously stupid request, but that one match proving they were a weak player in that trial would end their idea of them being great? Also yes.

    I absolutely guarantee everyone will have matches where they are the weak link, and it's that whole idea of them being always with bad teams whilst they are always the better team mate which I say are lies. I just detest snobbery.

    Lmao that’s a fair assessment

  • @Azshhh said:

    "I only use BBQ for the bloodpoints" - I'm totally using it for the aura reading

    "I only use prove thyself for the Bloodpoints" - I want to spend the bare minimum time doing gens for my emblem

    Lol, I do actually only use it for the bp though. If you actually got decent points for completing a gen I'd never use it.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2809671#Comment_2809671

    Would I believe them if they showed proof for every single individual match they have ever had (none omitted) proving they are always good and always have bad team mates every match? Yes.

    Can I guarantee that will never, ever happen, not just because it's a ridiculously stupid request, but that one match proving they were a weak player in that trial would end their idea of them being great? Also yes.

    I absolutely guarantee everyone will have matches where they are the weak link, and it's that whole idea of them being always with bad teams whilst they are always the better team mate which I say are lies. I just detest snobbery.

    Yeah, no one ever wants to admit it, but there are plenty of matches where you are going to be the worst survivor on the team, regardless of how you want to see it.

    And more often than not in solo, you're going to have all four survs pointing the finger at each other, like the Spider-man meme.

  • "The killer was camping hooks all game."

    Killer was never within 32 meters of a hooked survivor.

1 2 3 ›