So the issue with the Snowman

Now I hate raining down on everyone's parade soon after the event just started but I was scratching my head on how the Snowman functioned and to my fears it's getting abused by Survivor to basically get free endurance status effect minus the sprint burst that comes along with it.

Hell yeah. I'm the grinch and this ######### is wack.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @scenekiller said:

    Heaven forbid we all have a chill event and a fun time instead of being ultra sweatlords 24/7

    I can’t stand this community sometimes lol

    Well lets make the snowman instadowns instead of protect one hitMaybe exposed when you get out.

  • @dfrenchiee said:

    I knew there would be ppl complaining about this 💀💀💀 god forbid people can have fun every once in a while

    This isn't fun though?

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689069#Comment_2689069

    If you are getting this upset about a limited time event where the advantage given can be partially or completly negated by several killers then it's pretty fricking clear why you should take a break.

    From the looks of it you needed one months ago

    Just make a non-garbage event bro. Not hard.

  • Killer bots when ?

  • @Nathan13 said:

    This is only an event guys.

    That'd be a perfectly fine excuse, if it was still possible to play the game normally. Except it isn't. We're forced to either play through the event, or not play at all. So yeah, saying "This is only an event guys" doesn't really work here. A smarter Dev team would've split the ques into the winter event que and the normal que. That way, if there was something broken with the event (like there is now with people using the snowmen to extend chases) then people could just swap back to normal gameplay. Unfortunately, Behaviour either don't bother, or don't care enough.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689019#Comment_2689019

    I'm having plenty of fun playing killer. It's not illegal to play survivor, either, contrary to popular belief on the forums.

    Play Civ?

    I'm a survivor main at this point what are you on about? I'll still call out badly designed event.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688478#Comment_2688478

    That'd be a perfectly fine excuse, if it was still possible to play the game normally. Except it isn't. We're forced to either play through the event, or not play at all. So yeah, saying "This is only an event guys" doesn't really work here. A smarter Dev team would've split the ques into the winter event que and the normal que. That way, if there was something broken with the event (like there is now with people using the snowmen to extend chases) then people could just swap back to normal gameplay. Unfortunately, Behaviour either don't bother, or don't care enough.

    It would take longer to queue up in lobbies though.

  • It would. However it would also mean that people who don't want to partake in the event, don't have to just take a break for two weeks. I'm all for game altering events and game modes, but they need to be in a separate que to preserve the normal DBD experience for those who'd prefer that. We have the playerbase to support it. More than likely, the ques are so out of whack because the game's balance is so out of whack (although, that's a whole other discussion entirely).

    I have to say though, it really does frustrate me that the Devs are so terrified to add in new game modes. They usually deliver mediocre events that change very little because of their reluctance to add event exclusive game mode(s). When they do add game altering events then that becomes a problem because they seemingly don't test things enough (Killer interactions with snowmen are all over the place). You can't have game altering events if it's going to be forced upon everyone. It's not fair on those people who want to play the game normally. Sorry, just something that kind of annoys me.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687958#Comment_2687958

    Play trapper

    You can fake placing a trap at their feet, and when they jump out get a free hit

    I've played 3 matched and found 3 ways to not only deny the cosmetic but also to turn their so called safe haven into a death trap

    I don't think killers need to complain about this one

    Sorta reminds me of playing Trapper vs. Survivors who think diving into a locker to make me eat DS is a good idea.

    *place trap in front of locker, walk away*

  • @Raccoon said:

    How is it getting abused?

    It's literally designed to soak a hit....That's not abuse.

    The fact that survivors are getting free hits while injured. And the fact that the snowmen respawn so theyre endurance hits on cooldown.

  • @scenekiller said:

    Heaven forbid we all have a chill event and a fun time instead of being ultra sweatlords 24/7

    I can’t stand this community sometimes lol

    Its literally anti fun if youre not playing survivor genius. Ive had survivors use these to make chases even longer by hopping in one.

  • @BillyAndStu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687903#Comment_2687903

    The fact that survivors are getting free hits while injured. And the fact that the snowmen respawn so theyre endurance hits on cooldown.

    Just to be clear, the snowmen only respawn if you hit them when empty.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689023#Comment_2689023

    Change your attitude.

    That's a fix

    Or take a break for 2 weeks, you clearly need it.

    The game can be played ultra competitive the other 50 weeks of the year.

    This is 2 weeks for those who like it silly. Deal with it.

    Yeah cuz its apparently impossible for devs to make an event fun without adding in another "oops i need another second chance".

  • @Rizzo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689730#Comment_2689730

    Just to be clear, the snowmen only respawn if you hit them when empty.

    Oh i actually didnt know that my b

  • Just found out they don't respawn if used to soak a hit. So 6 hits is the maximum

    Also survivors always jump out in the front. Hitting the snowman in the face so they jump into you greatly decreases the distance they can make. They almost go down instantly if you have STBFL.

    Also pro tip for survivors. If you are facing a Legion who just Feral Frenzied you. Don't jump into a snowman expecting it to save you.

    They are snowman, not snowmend

  • its just an event that wont last, people really want to create a problem in everything, it literally takes like a second and something to get into the snowman so unless the survivor had a tond of distance on you he wouldnt be able to get into so most likely he was gonna pull out something anyway or reach to some place.

  • @BillyAndStu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687903#Comment_2687903

    The fact that survivors are getting free hits while injured. And the fact that the snowmen respawn so theyre endurance hits on cooldown.

    Imagine if there was something in the base game that could eat hits and powers at the press of a button, denying killers of their hits!

  • damn killers making themselves look way more whiny than survivors these days.

    imagine taking the game so serious during an event lol😂

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688754#Comment_2688754

    Really?

    I seem to remember a healthy survivor jumping in a snowman and me hitting 6 knives into a mellee hit and downing them.

    Maybe they had lucky break and iron will and i didn't notice they were injured.

    Still though, 6 knives pops the snowman and a fraction of a second later you can swing

    Trickster knives do go through and injure survivor, it happened to me when I was in a snowman.

    Plague Vile purge will make you sick until injured but does not break snowman. Corrupt purge I wasn't in a snowman when she used it BUT I would think that it would break the snowmen since it damages instead of infects.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688931#Comment_2688931

    Trickster knives do go through and injure survivor, it happened to me when I was in a snowman.

    Plague Vile purge will make you sick until injured but does not break snowman. Corrupt purge I wasn't in a snowman when she used it BUT I would think that it would break the snowmen since it damages instead of infects.

    Haven't played plague yet but in theory the corrupt purge should be able to break the snowman and damage the survivor in a single spew.

    I don't like my choice of the word spew but i'm sticking to it

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687903#Comment_2687903

    Oh you're right. Definitely not an abuse. A massive oversight by the developers who doesn't know how to play their game what a surprise.

    Things that happen with snowmen:

    1. the jumping in animation is super slow, if you cannot hit the survivor before they finish the animation, that same survivor could have reached a window or pallet without being hit
    2. the jumping out animation is also fairly slow, survivors dont even gain a net-distance. I've tested it with a friend, you're far more likely to lose distance than to gain distance. The only time you'd gain distance, is if Sprintburst was near 100% recharged, but, yknow, reach a window or a pallet and you'd gain more distance.

    The biggest downside is that a killer MUST hit a snowman to check if there is a survivor in it, that is the only thing that would need changing.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687907#Comment_2687907

    Things that happen with snowmen:

    1. the jumping in animation is super slow, if you cannot hit the survivor before they finish the animation, that same survivor could have reached a window or pallet without being hit
    2. the jumping out animation is also fairly slow, survivors dont even gain a net-distance. I've tested it with a friend, you're far more likely to lose distance than to gain distance. The only time you'd gain distance, is if Sprintburst was near 100% recharged, but, yknow, reach a window or a pallet and you'd gain more distance.

    The biggest downside is that a killer MUST hit a snowman to check if there is a survivor in it, that is the only thing that would need changing.

    I am pretty sure the amount of time you get for tanking a hit with the snowman is the equivalent of having someone take a protection hit for you.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2690260#Comment_2690260

    I am pretty sure the amount of time you get for tanking a hit with the snowman is the equivalent of having someone take a protection hit for you.

    Nope, someone taking a protection hit for you doesnt slow you down, the killer hitting the snowman you're in DOES slow you down

  • The snowman is absolutely fine. Literally every survivor is trying to get the cosmetics right now, very easy games for killer. Finding this thing, going into it an then walking slowly into killers sight with it - that's much better for the killer than survivors doing gens. In 99% of the situations it doesn't give survivors an advantage.

    I like them, they're funny and cute, well done! Maybe people should just try to have fun and don't take everything around this game so goddamn serious.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2690288#Comment_2690288

    Nope, someone taking a protection hit for you doesnt slow you down, the killer hitting the snowman you're in DOES slow you down

    The video footage I am looking at says otherwise.

  • @Iliketoplaykiller said:

    Just m1 every snowman like me PepeLaugh

    use rancor and camp the obsession if they jump in a snowman until the gens get done and then mori them like i do with doc

  • I don't even think these snowmen create an unbalanced situation, but it would've been best if the devs never implemented them in the first place.

    At least it would've avoided all of this mess.

  • Then next month let's have an event that the killers have clown hats for the fun part and full NOED for the entire game.

    Survs? They can not play it too

  • @Veinslay said:

    Are there no 100% BP offerings??

    Either I've been very, VERY unlucky, or there's no event BP offerings.

  • @NatzAshe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688524#Comment_2688524

    Then next month let's have an event that the killers have clown hats for the fun part and full NOED for the entire game.

    Survs? They can not play it too

    Idk why some of y’all are making such a big fuss out of this event. Not like we get stuff like this often.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689026#Comment_2689026

    Exactly! Most people seem to be enjoying it, though. It's just a few loud people on the forums that don't like it. I've had so much fun playing as killer and survivor during this event. I have a lot of funny screenshots, haha!

    Yeah there's 4x people getting fun and 1x people getting the short end of the stick, of course 80% of them are having fun

  • Every match this morning has been a 4K with the killer winning with ease. I don't think killers are having a problem during the event. The snowman is a huge buff for killer because survivors are wasting time in them.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Every match this morning has been a 4K with the killer winning with ease. I don't think killers are having a problem during the event. The snowman is a huge buff for killer because survivors are wasting time in them.

    They are, as long as the survivors didn't get their cosmetics yet. However, I'm surprised to see people saying "Chill dude, it's just an event" while the rank system is still active. Why the hell is there a rank then? The game's designed to have competitive users, going in monthly seasons. Those people are trying to force "Fun" on others who don't like it. It's like saying beating a town dunce with sticks for "Fun" is acceptable.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2691648#Comment_2691648

    Idk why some of y’all are making such a big fuss out of this event. Not like we get stuff like this often.

    Well, maybe disable the ranks, then give the full bonus to ALL users. Then, we'll talk. The game's designed to have competitive users, not all of us are satisfied with doing the Conga around

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    If someone asks why the Devs dont listen to Killers (they do listen to Killers), I will link them this thread.

    Really, such an non-issue. Survivors dont really get distance with a Snowman. And they cannot really do anything while in it. A few days into the event, they will probably ignore the Snowmans, because they got all the Event Items.

    Yeah? Tried playing ghostface with this new weird stuff? Know better, do you? I don't know about that.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687907#Comment_2687907

    Things that happen with snowmen:

    1. the jumping in animation is super slow, if you cannot hit the survivor before they finish the animation, that same survivor could have reached a window or pallet without being hit
    2. the jumping out animation is also fairly slow, survivors dont even gain a net-distance. I've tested it with a friend, you're far more likely to lose distance than to gain distance. The only time you'd gain distance, is if Sprintburst was near 100% recharged, but, yknow, reach a window or a pallet and you'd gain more distance.

    The biggest downside is that a killer MUST hit a snowman to check if there is a survivor in it, that is the only thing that would need changing.

    The point is, the snowman acts as a pallet or window when neither exists. At the least it is equivalent of adding more pallet/window loop points. You don't use it like DH just before getting hit, but run in when you expect that you'll get hit after more loops, and force the killer to hit the snowman, resulting in the hit motion. That creates more time for the user to go further, when without the snowman he/she would have been hit.

  • I like the part where survivors just run behind the snowmen so it respawns when you try to hit them but still are safe.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687958#Comment_2687958

    Play trapper

    You can fake placing a trap at their feet, and when they jump out get a free hit

    I've played 3 matched and found 3 ways to not only deny the cosmetic but also to turn their so called safe haven into a death trap

    I don't think killers need to complain about this one

    And survivors can also hold the game hostage and force you to hit them. Had a survivor stand literally on top of the hatch and I couldn't close it. They also couldn't go in it with the snowman. I had killed all the others and they had 2 gens remaining so no way to start end game collapse. After about 20 mins I just gave in and hit them and they were then able to go through the Hatch. I rarely complain as a killer and I'm a killer main but that was annoying.

  • But oh look another 100000th killer main complaint thread

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688143#Comment_2688143

    Oh yeah very fun for the survivors. What do killers get?

    For so many events, killers had it easier. All we had to do was hook the survivor and we would get things towards our cosmetics. But the survivors had to complete full gens and escape to get rewards. Not very fun for them. I'm happy for once the devs made it more fun for them and easier.

  • @nicnc82 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688199#Comment_2688199

    For so many events, killers had it easier. All we had to do was hook the survivor and we would get things towards our cosmetics. But the survivors had to complete full gens and escape to get rewards. Not very fun for them. I'm happy for once the devs made it more fun for them and easier.

    Well I say both ideas are [Bad word]. Maybe stick with finding rifts or adding special gen/hooks? That didn't mess much with the gameplay balance.

  • @NatzAshe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2691718#Comment_2691718

    Well I say both ideas are [Bad word]. Maybe stick with finding rifts or adding special gen/hooks? That didn't mess much with the gameplay balance.

    It's not even messing with the game play balance. I had no trouble still getting survivors after hitting them out the snowmen. I have no clue why people are whining so much. But ive noticed that's all killers want to do. But maybe I'm just the oddball killer main who doesn't let things nother me as much and play fair too. Don't camp rarely tunnel. I will slug. Don't feel terrible needs to be any nerfs for EITHER side. Some killers definitely need buffs. But I feel the game is way more balanced than in 2016 for killers.

  • @nicnc82 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688024#Comment_2688024

    And survivors can also hold the game hostage and force you to hit them. Had a survivor stand literally on top of the hatch and I couldn't close it. They also couldn't go in it with the snowman. I had killed all the others and they had 2 gens remaining so no way to start end game collapse. After about 20 mins I just gave in and hit them and they were then able to go through the Hatch. I rarely complain as a killer and I'm a killer main but that was annoying.

    Excuse me if i'm mistaken but if the survivor got there before you in a snowman then they could have gotten out if they wanted to.

    You already lost the race to the hatch at that point. They just wanted to get/give the cosmetic and you wasted 20 minutes for that.

    Sorry but in that scenario you were the annoying one.

  • @nicnc82 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2691722#Comment_2691722

    It's not even messing with the game play balance. I had no trouble still getting survivors after hitting them out the snowmen. I have no clue why people are whining so much. But ive noticed that's all killers want to do. But maybe I'm just the oddball killer main who doesn't let things nother me as much and play fair too. Don't camp rarely tunnel. I will slug. Don't feel terrible needs to be any nerfs for EITHER side. Some killers definitely need buffs. But I feel the game is way more balanced than in 2016 for killers.


    Yeah I agree on your last part, but one hit absorbed from a single snowman can change how the match ends. At least, that's how it goes in my server

  • Ir you don’t like it (can’t imagine a reason out of the need for 4k every game) use clown. Bottles broke the snowman if someone is inside

  • @NatzAshe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2691732#Comment_2691732

    Yeah I agree on your last part, but one hit absorbed from a single snowman can change how the match ends. At least, that's how it goes in my server

    When I was playing survivor games and got hit out of the snow man, I couldn’t run for like 3 or 4 seconds. Not sure if that's a bug on my side either

  • I am so surprised survivors don't want a buff changed. Shocked, even. I have to assume either 1. they are uninformed or 2. They want the extra hit/counter to specific killers for some reason. You will never be able to convince me an event should render multiple killers basically unplayable. Maybe give killers something next year. Like jumping in the snowman=exposed. I am sure survivors won't mind.

  • The real issue with this event is the fact, that it's the first surv-sided-only event. Or can you tell me how it's not?

  • I honestly don't.

    Haven't had any big problems with snowman. Hit them in the face so the survivor jumps towards you and they barely do anything.

    It can only be used 6 times and a lot of killers can straight up bypass it completly.

    The only killers who can really complain specifically about snowman is Ghostface cause it eats his mark.

    Twins can just complain in general at anytime for how badly they have been treated

  • @Myla said:

    Now I hate raining down on everyone's parade soon after the event just started but I was scratching my head on how the Snowman functioned and to my fears it's getting abused by Survivor to basically get free endurance status effect minus the sprint burst that comes along with it.

    Hell yeah. I'm the grinch and this ######### is wack.

    I don’t think there’s an issue. It’s an event.

    What would of made it better is if killers could get into the snowmen and it gives them the undetectable status effect until they come out (they would by attacking). That way killers could scare the crap out of survivors and have fun too.

1 2 3 4