So the issue with the Snowman

Now I hate raining down on everyone's parade soon after the event just started but I was scratching my head on how the Snowman functioned and to my fears it's getting abused by Survivor to basically get free endurance status effect minus the sprint burst that comes along with it.

Hell yeah. I'm the grinch and this ######### is wack.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Satelit said:

    How do the Snowmen interact with Victor? Because if he just goes into his stun and the survivor gets a free kick Charlotte's power is literally unplayable for 2 weeks.

    I actually think that's accurate, I'm gonna test that next round I play and see

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688360#Comment_2688360

    I think it'd be both more fair and funnier if the snowman was purely cosmetic and didn't change gameplay for the Survivor. No protection hit, but the snowman gets to run full speed.

    My solution would have been to give the killer the ability to hide in the Snowmen as well (I know SWF ruins it, but it would still be funzo) and lose their terror radius+m1+power+movement speed until they leave it.

    Pretty pointless, but meme potential would be pretty funny.

    Sinister Snowman camping/bleedouts/bodyblocking would also be pretty silly.

    It would also incentivize people to 'pal' around more during the event.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688362#Comment_2688362

    My solution would have been to give the killer the ability to hide in the Snowmen as well (I know SWF ruins it, but it would still be funzo) and lose their terror radius+m1+power+movement speed until they leave it.

    Pretty pointless, but meme potential would be pretty funny.

    Sinister Snowman camping/bleedouts/bodyblocking would also be pretty silly.

    It would also incentivize people to 'pal' around more during the event.

    That lets the Killer be memey, but that doesn't do anything about the Survivors who don't want to goof around.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688392#Comment_2688392

    That lets the Killer be memey, but that doesn't do anything about the Survivors who don't want to goof around.

    I snow, man.

    I snow.

  • If someone asks why the Devs dont listen to Killers (they do listen to Killers), I will link them this thread.

    Really, such an non-issue. Survivors dont really get distance with a Snowman. And they cannot really do anything while in it. A few days into the event, they will probably ignore the Snowmans, because they got all the Event Items.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688313#Comment_2688313

    At first I didn't understand why you thought the design of the snowman was an "oversight," now that you've explained it, I understand what you mean. You really shouldn't be able to just jump from snowman to snowman and always be able to get out of the hit. I get that's why killers can still injure/down a survivor if they aren't fully in the snowman, but that also implies that the killer is close enough to do that. Maybe they should be nerfed slightly to make the event feel more fair for both sides. Maybe like, "After you've jumped in 2 snowmen, the snowmen cannot save you from another hit and you will still lose a health state if you jump in anymore." Maybe even 1 snowman could work with that, either way, an event shouldn't give you the equivalent of infinite health states as long as you can find the event prop.

    The snowman should just really be conveniently placed lockers across the map and you can get injured from inside. What annoys me about the whole event is that there's not a single thing for killers in this event aside the cosmetics. Snowman? For survivors. Any add ons? Winter fire crackers to blind the killer. What about the killer? Do we get anything winter related offerings or add on? Not that I know of. Just an aggravating event really.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    If someone asks why the Devs dont listen to Killers (they do listen to Killers), I will link them this thread.

    Really, such an non-issue. Survivors dont really get distance with a Snowman. And they cannot really do anything while in it. A few days into the event, they will probably ignore the Snowmans, because they got all the Event Items.

    I mean, I'm seeing footage of Survivors using it to extend chases, so I find it hard to believe that the snowmen will be ignored.

  • Just don't play killer until after the event. It's literally just a temporary survivor buff event.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Please stop. You can't even do anything as a snowman besides shuffle around at 0.000000002 mph. No gens, no totems, no heals, no nothing. Literally incapacitated waiting for the killer to hit you for a cosmetic. This is the least fun community on the planet, I swear.

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    If someone asks why the Devs dont listen to Killers (they do listen to Killers), I will link them this thread.

    Really, such an non-issue. Survivors dont really get distance with a Snowman. And they cannot really do anything while in it. A few days into the event, they will probably ignore the Snowmans, because they got all the Event Items.

    Lmfao I saved my dead hard with this snowman so I don't know what you guys are on about. This is akin to a killer doing a missed lunge and is decent distance, So that's easy for you to imagine-It's like missing a lunge due to dead hard except you still have it. I have made plays with this mechanic from getting window vaults to reaching pallets AND extended the chase even further. The fact that this possibility exist and can't be comprehended by people who don't know how to loop is wild.

    *Edit

    Actually I think this is worse than a missed lunge because the snowman registers as a successful hit so more downtime for the killer.

  • The devs are extremely survivor biased. This isn't new to anyone, especially killer mains. You just have to accept it. It's not going to change until survivor queue times are actually 15+ minutes

  • This is only an event guys.

  • @Myla said:

    Now I hate raining down on everyone's parade soon after the event just started but I was scratching my head on how the Snowman functioned and to my fears it's getting abused by Survivor to basically get free endurance status effect minus the sprint burst that comes along with it.

    Hell yeah. I'm the grinch and this ######### is wack.

    Who cares, u get a free cosmetic for smacking the snowman

  • @Nathan13 said:

    This is only an event guys.

    How do I disable it?

  • @scenekiller said:

    Heaven forbid we all have a chill event and a fun time instead of being ultra sweatlords 24/7

    I can’t stand this community sometimes lol

    The fact that MMR exists in this game guarantees the death of casual play.

  • Some people take this game too seriously 🤣 Just have fun and enjoy the limited time event. This is why they don't try anything new, since there is always these grumblers who always find something to complain about.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    Some people take this game too seriously 🤣 Just have fun and enjoy the limited time event. This is why they don't try anything new, since there is always these grumblers who always find something to complain about.

    I guess here's my question: How screwed up does an event have to be before "just have fun with the limited time event" is not a reasonable excuse anymore? Sure there has to be a breaking point.

  • what will you play? survivor queue times all already 10 mins

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688524#Comment_2688524

    what will you play? survivor queue times all already 10 mins

    I can play killer.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688543#Comment_2688543

    I guess here's my question: How screwed up does an event have to be before "just have fun with the limited time event" is not a reasonable excuse anymore? Sure there has to be a breaking point.

    It's reasonable because it's a limited timed event. It's not a big deal, just have fun and enjoy the event 🎅. People need to be more supportive for them trying new things. I'm happy since it's the first time in years since got an actual Christmas event, and it's just funny to see survivors running around as a snowman.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688547#Comment_2688547

    It's reasonable because it's a limited timed event. It's not a big deal, just have fun and enjoy the event 🎅. People need to be more supportive for them trying new things. I'm happy since it's the first time in years since got an actual Christmas event, and it's just funny to see survivors running a snowman.

    You didn't answer my question at all.

  • @scenekiller said:

    Heaven forbid we all have a chill event and a fun time instead of being ultra sweatlords 24/7

    I can’t stand this community sometimes lol

    It's only fun for one side.

  • OMG these threads...

    Just that.

  • @Raccoon said:

    How is it getting abused?

    It's literally designed to soak a hit....That's not abuse.

    That's literally the abuse. To soak a hit. It's like the old Mettle of Man.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688276#Comment_2688276

    Er, I don't. :>

    *quietly hides my Freddy DLC under my mattress*

    We saw that. Shall I tell the class what else I peeped under there??

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687896#Comment_2687896

    Play trickster

    The snowman doesn't pop untill the laceration bar is full and it still damages the survivors

    Interesting thing about this, that doesn't match my experience, since a Survivor didn't lose a health state, just the snowman.

  • It's not a fix but there are several killers who can do something. Huntress can do her hatchet into M1 combo, nemesis tentacle actually bypasses snowman to apply contaminated... try using some Killer powers on Survs in snowman, there's more counters than you might think.

  • I knew there would be ppl complaining about this 💀💀💀 god forbid people can have fun every once in a while

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688172#Comment_2688172

    So what you're saying is that this is a bad time to play Pig.

    If your playing pig then winning isn't to high on your priority list i would say.

    But if winning is all you care about then yes. Just like the old halloween event with the flowers was a bad time to play survivor

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688173#Comment_2688173

    If your playing pig then winning isn't to high on your priority list i would say.

    But if winning is all you care about then yes. Just like the old halloween event with the flowers was a bad time to play survivor

    "If your playing pig then winning isn't to high on your priority list i would say."

    Incorrect. I just wish to do so using the character I am drawn to the most.

    "But if winning is all you care about then yes. Just like the old halloween event with the flowers was a bad time to play survivor"

    Yep, that was also an issue back then.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688894#Comment_2688894

    "If your playing pig then winning isn't to high on your priority list i would say."

    Incorrect. I just wish to do so using the character I am drawn to the most.

    "But if winning is all you care about then yes. Just like the old halloween event with the flowers was a bad time to play survivor"

    Yep, that was also an issue back then.

    Have you tried stbfl?

    I wonder if you get extra tokens for hitting snowman

  • Are there no 100% BP offerings??

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688897#Comment_2688897

    Have you tried stbfl?

    I wonder if you get extra tokens for hitting snowman

    I'm not crazy about STBFL on Pig because I'm not crazy about using the ambush outside of loops (or...on loops. Ambush sucks, but eh.). But from what I understand, you do get a stack.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687944#Comment_2687944

    Interesting thing about this, that doesn't match my experience, since a Survivor didn't lose a health state, just the snowman.

    Really?

    I seem to remember a healthy survivor jumping in a snowman and me hitting 6 knives into a mellee hit and downing them.

    Maybe they had lucky break and iron will and i didn't notice they were injured.

    Still though, 6 knives pops the snowman and a fraction of a second later you can swing

  • This feels like a troll move on BHVR's part, and it's hilarious to me. Killers complain about Survivors having way too many health states with DH and Boons (I'm not disagreeing btw), so they come up with an event where Survivors pretty much gain another health state by just jumping into a snowman. The moment the news on the event was leaked, I couldn't wait to see the reactions on the forum. So far, I haven't been disappointed.

    Folks. It's not that serious. It's a silly event for a party game about fixing generators in goofy cosmetics, and running around pallets. There is no need to be ultra competitive all of the time. If it's not fun for you, don't play.

    Side note: Slinger's shot completely ignores the snowman. Lol. Was chasing a survivor who jumped into one, and I just shot them, reeled them in and got my hit.

  • @scenekiller said:

    Heaven forbid we all have a chill event and a fun time instead of being ultra sweatlords 24/7

    I can’t stand this community sometimes lol

    this.

  • @Raccoon said:

    How is it getting abused?

    It's literally designed to soak a hit....That's not abuse.

    Sure its designed to tank a hit to get the status effect to unlock cosmetics. You can still jump into it afterward to tank a hit to get more distance. That right there is abuse.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688463#Comment_2688463

    Yeah I get it, this community thinks the game is broken from a snowman that allows you to play the game for 10s longer under certain luck-based circumstances. This is why we can't have fun and silly things. 24/7 sweatlord or bust.

    That's how dead hard works yet it's Meta. It's up to you to make looping routes what luck based circumstances?

    What fun? Survivors are the only one having fun in this event.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687896#Comment_2687896

    It's not a fix but there are several killers who can do something. Huntress can do her hatchet into M1 combo, nemesis tentacle actually bypasses snowman to apply contaminated... try using some Killer powers on Survs in snowman, there's more counters than you might think.

    Not a fix.

  • People should stop taking this game so seriously. The snowmen are cute and funny. I play both sides so i know it can be frustrating for killers to lose 1 hit but just try to have fun with it.

    There will be sweaty survivors that will abuse the snowmen sure and there will be sweaty killers that try to get their 4k no matter what and deny peoples fun, but if you go against me as a survivor i demand we have a snowman race at the end!

    As a survivor im just having fun with the things and dancing around not caring if i die. So my tip for you all is to stop taking the game so damn seriously. Have fun! Make your own fun! Have a laugh! Stop caring about being sweaty and must 4king all the time and survivors stop caring if you live and or die.

  • Change your attitude.

    That's a fix

    Or take a break for 2 weeks, you clearly need it.

    The game can be played ultra competitive the other 50 weeks of the year.

    This is 2 weeks for those who like it silly. Deal with it.

  • @Hannacia said:

    People should stop taking this game so seriously. The snowmen are cute and funny. I play both sides so i know it can be frustrating for killers to lose 1 hit but just try to have fun with it.

    There will be sweaty survivors that will abuse the snowmen sure and there will be sweaty killers that try to get their 4k no matter what and deny peoples fun, but if you go against me as a survivor i demand we have a snowman race at the end!

    As a survivor im just having fun with the things and dancing around not caring if i die. So my tip for you all is to stop taking the game so damn seriously. Have fun! Make your own fun! Have a laugh! Stop caring about being sweaty and must 4king all the time and survivors stop caring if you live and or die.

    Exactly! Most people seem to be enjoying it, though. It's just a few loud people on the forums that don't like it. I've had so much fun playing as killer and survivor during this event. I have a lot of funny screenshots, haha!

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689023#Comment_2689023

    Change your attitude.

    That's a fix

    Or take a break for 2 weeks, you clearly need it.

    The game can be played ultra competitive the other 50 weeks of the year.

    This is 2 weeks for those who like it silly. Deal with it.


    Not a fix for the game.

    Why should I take a break? Why can't I have fun as a killer in this event? Where's the killer mechanics that I have some participation in this event? Why are all the things added in this game besides cosmetics are all Survivor interactions including winter party streamers? Where's my winter related offering/add on?

    Oh just deal with it big brain.

  • @Raccoon said:

    How is it getting abused?

    It's literally designed to soak a hit....That's not abuse.

    You sure? Try to play Twins...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q6Aq_xsOYc


  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689051#Comment_2689051

    Not a fix for the game.

    Why should I take a break? Why can't I have fun as a killer in this event? Where's the killer mechanics that I have some participation in this event? Why are all the things added in this game besides cosmetics are all Survivor interactions including winter party streamers? Where's my winter related offering/add on?

    Oh just deal with it big brain.


    If you are getting this upset about a limited time event where the advantage given can be partially or completly negated by several killers then it's pretty fricking clear why you should take a break.

    From the looks of it you needed one months ago

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689069#Comment_2689069

    If you are getting this upset about a limited time event where the advantage given can be partially or completly negated by several killers then it's pretty fricking clear why you should take a break.

    From the looks of it you needed one months ago

    lol negated by several killer lmao.

    what about the rest that can't?. Big brain from you again.

1 2 3 4