I’m genuinely disgusted at BHVR supporting NFTs

https://twitter.com/deadbybhvr/status/1450160150753562624?s=21

They straight up misled into believing they weren’t a part of this, absolutely abhorrent and unethical behaviour.

SOMEONE needs to pay for this. Whoever approved this needs sacked, I’m genuinely sickened. Shocker that they announce this the same day as the collab with for honour, almost like they’re trying to hide this!!

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • hello, dumb player rught here, what is this NFTs everyone is talking about?(not what happened, i kinda understood the situatio, i just don't get what NFTs is).

  • @Stryker said:

    hello, dumb player rught here, what is this NFTs everyone is talking about?(not what happened, i kinda understood the situatio, i just don't get what NFTs is).

    A scam. Thats about it. Buy online stuff, arbitratily, because the Save as button is scary

  • I'm ready for whatever limpdicked excuse BHVR will spew from their circus tent of a Twitter

  • It probably hasn't yet because they know their goose has been royally cooked beyond deletion.

    If they do close it tho, I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of us get banned, we know too much lmao

  • They suspended OP what a shock

  • @GenJockeyNance said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568911#Comment_2568911

    It probably hasn't yet because they know their goose has been royally cooked beyond deletion.

    If they do close it yet, I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of us get banned, we know too much lmao

    oh yeah, silence the playerbase. that'll really make them look so much better :kappa:

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569426#Comment_2569426

    Yea, this isnt about game balance, or Survivor vs Killer. If I remember right, a dev once said "If the Community is arguing, the game is doing well, once people stop, we're in trouble" well bhvr, It seems you were right.

    100%. I'm proud of us as a community we're not having a survivor vs killers debate right now or an us vs them mentality. We all love this game and its integrity which has been compromised dangerously so and it shows otherwise we all wouldn't be practically banding together on this.

    BHVR really screwed the pooch on this one.

  • @SlothGirly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569508#Comment_2569508

    oh yeah, silence the playerbase. that'll really make them look so much better :kappa:

    I question their decision making at this point honestly.

  • @JustWhimsical said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568647#Comment_2568647

    Honestly a bit disappointing like I realize they aren't supposed to be nice they are a company in the end, but they were off to such a great start from the midchapter, well besides the bugs and broken things overall a lot of decent changes. Though this just honestly sour the mood overall, I honestly was hoping that it was a scam and it was fake but turns out the people who called it out were semi-right.

    Yea, you know its bad when your dissapointed it wasnt a scam

  • This kind of stunts is why I dislike licensed characters so much.

  • @GenJockeyNance said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569449#Comment_2569449

    100%. I'm proud of us as a community we're not having a survivor vs killers debate right now or an us vs them mentality. We all love this game and its integrity which has been compromised dangerously so and it shows otherwise we all wouldn't be practically banding together on this.

    BHVR really screwed the pooch on this one.

    We're doing what they don't want


    Not arguing and having civil conversations while showing distaste for the stuff they pulled

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569515#Comment_2569515

    We're doing what they don't want

    Not arguing and having civil conversations while showing distaste for the stuff they pulled

    The biggest mistake was that they took 2 parties who were already really mad, and gave them a common enemy in themselves.

  • @BlueMeansDeep said:

    https://twitter.com/deadbybhvr/status/1450160150753562624?s=21

    They straight up misled into believing they weren’t a part of this, absolutely abhorrent and unethical behaviour.

    SOMEONE needs to pay for this. Whoever approved this needs sacked, I’m genuinely sickened. Shocker that they announce this the same day as the collab with for honour, almost like they’re trying to hide this!!

    i still don't understand...

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569525#Comment_2569525

    The biggest mistake was that they took 2 parties who were already really mad, and gave them a common enemy in themselves.

    Agreed

    Untitled Image


  • Im gonna quickly oversimplify this:

    NFT = Bad

    Bhvr + NFT = Bhvr Bad

    Bhvr said they werent using NFTs, so

    Bhvr + Nothing = Bhvr

    It turns out they were lying, so

    Bhvr + Nft + Lied about nft = you know, a 10 page discussion.

  • I try to stay out of drama like this, but since everyone else is throwing their two cents in...

    I hold BHVR in a similar regard to how I hold Netflix. I utterly HATE the company, and would be more than happy to watch it crash and burn. Yet, I still use Netflix (have for a few months now), simply because it was (at first) the only way to watch the movies I wanted, and I kept it because it was a legitimate streaming platform to watch other shows.

    If I could support DBD's development without supporting BHVR itself, I would have done so a LONG time ago. The company has never been one I held in high regard (frankly, none of them are), and this stunt is no exception, but I'm not leaving the game over it. It has too much importance to me to just give up due to some controversy. I'm both optimistic and very pessimistic that they'll bounce back from this with few repercussions, but no game has meant nearly this much to me. Think of me what you will, but I'm weathering this storm like I have all the others.

  • @SlothGirly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569360#Comment_2569360

    an NFT is a digital cert that says you own a particular piece of digital media. Most commonly a piece of artwork. They are tradable via cryptocurrencies and the certificate is kept valid on huge computer servers.

    Why is this a bad thing? The servers that produce cryptocurrencies and uphold NFTs are extremely power hungry. so for example the blockchain Ethereum which uses the cryptocurrency Ether, runs on servers and computers that consume more energy than the entire country of Denmark, per year. It's this excessive usage if power which directly contributes to global warming that causes them to be so distasteful. A single transaction made with Ether consumes enough power to power an average US household for two and a half days.

    So, by supporting and promoting NFTs, BHVR is in essence promoting excessive power usage and global warming. Which is why there is such outrage right now,

    Ok, I got the full picture now. Thank you for taking the time to explain that to me. What I don't get now, though, is why did they do that? Is the answer as simple as money

    @Nikkiwhat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569360#Comment_2569360

    Money laundering/Pyramid scheme that actively harms the environment and often steals artist's work. All that to buy a digital receipt to a piece of digital "art" that you don't own or even have.

    Thank you as well, guess I learned something more today. I didn't hold them high anyway, given the state the game has always been in, but this is even more despicable. Especially the hiding it from the audience part..

  • @Damarus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569365#Comment_2569365

    Ok, I got the full picture now. Than you for taking the time to explain that to me. What I don't get now, though, is why did they do that? Is the answer as simple as money

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569368#Comment_2569368

    Thank you as well, guess I learned something more today. I didn't hold them high anyway, given the state the game has always been in, but this is even more despicable. Especially the hiding it from the audience part..

    Untitled Image

    Yes that's mainly it

  • I'm genuinely upset. I made a comment here already saying things are fine (until I read the Twitter post and held back immense rage.)

    God dammit. We for once I thought things were good. They need to drop the Hellraiser chapter immediately. I feel like that's the safest option Bhvr can do and try to talk to Clive Barker when he regains the license.

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    I'm genuinely upset. I made a comment here already saying things are fine (until I read the Twitter post and held back immense rage.)

    God dammit. We for once I thought things were good. They need to drop the Hellraiser chapter immediately. I feel like that's the safest option Bhvr can do and try to talk to Clive Barker when he regains the license.

    Springtrap not sounding like such a bad idea anymore. damn

  • @_NIGHTMARE_ said:

    Ok, so the official DbD Twitter posted this a while ago now:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WAOQAKNYH7A0/screenshot-20211018-134322.png

    And now it has posted this?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XB5XAYEGNA1E/screenshot-20211018-190326.png

    So to clarify; this whole NFT... "thing" is actually something that you have worked on (and it doesn't give additional access to extra content (like voice lines - not that I mind about that bit. I'm just trying to get my head around it.)

    I'm just horribly confused and worried over this NFT "thing" as most of the research I've done into it have all came up with rather negative connotations.

    A quick reminder to please keep the comments civil, I know it's hard; but please try. Also if anything gets out of hand please close this topic.

    Thank you.

    Edit: I originally posted this as a new discussion, is the forum automatically putting these posts together already? I guess they were prepared for the storm at least...

    It's genuinely terrifying that they claimed it was legit, thenthat it was a scam, and now endorse it. :')

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569558#Comment_2569558

    Im gonna quickly oversimplify this:

    NFT = Bad

    Bhvr + NFT = Bhvr Bad

    Bhvr said they werent using NFTs, so

    Bhvr + Nothing = Bhvr

    It turns out they were lying, so

    Bhvr + Nft + Lied about nft = you know, a 10 page discussion.

    Why is NFT bad tho?

  • They should just cancel the hellraiser chapter and refund everyone like having hellraiser content 8s not worth dealing with nfts

  • NFTs play a large role in harming the enviroment, the energy taken to mine ether, (From the blockchain etherium) is insanely high, they have a bad rep for this reason, and BHVR siding with them does not help.

    Problem is, NFT work like a pyramid scheme, there will always be 1 person who can't sell their NFT. They are more or less scams, on top of everything else.

  • @some_guy1 said:

    the amount of copium im going through is unreal

    everything looked like it's a big bait or a scam and yet it's real

    please tell me their twitter got hacked or something

    EXACTLY! The extremely low quality editing, the off brand logo, literally everything pointed to it being fake but????

  • @BlueMeansDeep said:

    https://twitter.com/deadbybhvr/status/1450160150753562624?s=21

    They straight up misled into believing they weren’t a part of this, absolutely abhorrent and unethical behaviour.

    SOMEONE needs to pay for this. Whoever approved this needs sacked, I’m genuinely sickened. Shocker that they announce this the same day as the collab with for honour, almost like they’re trying to hide this!!

    I'm not a fan of NFTs for a multitude of reasons, but how exactly does this affect you in a way that warrants anyone being sacked for anything. As if these decisions are just made unilaterally by one person to begin with.

  • VHS just tweeted out that they have no interest in NFT's. What savages with a well timed comment

  • @MongolPSR said:

    VHS just tweeted out that they have no interest in NFT's. What savages with a well timed comment

    DamnThats gotta sting, VHS more involved in the DBD community than BHVR

  • Because NFT destroy our environment since since 19th century 😣

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569629#Comment_2569629

    DamnThats gotta sting, VHS more involved in the DBD community than BHVR

    Feels like it dude

  • It's still in hidden beta. They said that the beta will start "soon" and come in waves. As the beta sign ups were many times the amount they actually expected. We probably won't see an actual release till like early early next year

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569660#Comment_2569660

    It's still in hidden beta. They said that the beta will start "soon" and come in waves. As the beta sign ups were many times the amount they actually expected. We probably won't see an actual release till like early early next year

    I hope they take there time, pull out a nice, polished game that feels smooth and balanced.

  • I love how this went from everyone getting pitchforks to then believing it was a scam and now we are back to the pitchforks. This has been one hell of a rollercoaster...

  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    I love how this went from everyone getting pitchforks to then believing it was a scam and now we are back to the pitchforks. This has been one hell of a rollercoaster...

    Rollwecoaster that derailed except it never really had railed to begin with and was being towed by 2 moose untill they got startled leaving a sinking cart in the middle of the ocean.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569669#Comment_2569669

    Rollwecoaster that derailed except it never really had railed to begin with and was being towed by 2 moose untill they got startled leaving a sinking cart in the middle of the ocean.

    You summed it up better than I did lol. I can't support bhvr after this. Here I was excited for the new DLC tomorrow but it looks like I won't be buying it (or any other future DLC anymore!)

  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569677#Comment_2569677

    You summed it up better than I did lol. I can't support bhvr after this. Here I was excited for the new DLC tomorrow but it looks like I won't be buying it (or any other future DLC anymore!)

    Yea, I wish i didnt buy hellraiser, I knew the ability looked to cool to be true.

  • Welp. I'm glad I didn't buy cenobite. NFTs aren't the way to go BHVR.


    Not another DIME.

  • @MongolPSR said:

    VHS just tweeted out that they have no interest in NFT's. What savages with a well timed comment

    I was just about to share the tweet in here. 😂

  • I freaking love them. So genuine

  • I wish they were going to be on console at launch, so bummed currently not in plans. 😔

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569351#Comment_2569351

    Like they have been on a roll with this ######### lately

    It's like they want to piss everyone off or something

    it sucks that this is all happening the day before the mid chapter and an event coming up. I mean it shouldn't be happening at all but it's very disappointing.

  • This is the stupidest thing they’ve done yet. Just how tone deaf do you have to be to think this is a good idea??? I’ve uninstalled and they won’t be getting anymore of my money.

  • Some current bhvr people aren't happy either and have voiced it on Twitter. The "atleast your dev team was aware" bit has me thinking bhvr purposely kept it secret to avoid their own devs refusing to work on Pinhead DLC.

    _20211018_220318.JPG


    I don't know what artists worked on Pinhead/Chatterer or how they feel. If they are against NFTs and now their own work is being sold as one I can't help but imagine how upset they are about this news. Like it's one thing for the player base to be pissed, but imagine being the people that worked on the art having it used in a way you're against. That's just horrible. 😔

  • @bm33 said:

    Some current bhvr people aren't happy either and have voiced it on Twitter. The "atleast your dev team was aware" bit has me thinking bhvr purposely kept it secret to avoid their own devs refusing to work on Pinhead DLC.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7URIZCWJOQO9/20211018-220318-jpg.jpg

    I don't know what artists worked on Pinhead/Chatterer or how they feel. If they are against NFTs and now their own work is being sold as one I can't help but imagine how upset they are about this news. Like it's one thing for the player base to be pissed, but imagine being the people that worked on the art having it used in a way you're against. That's just horrible. 😔

    Either that or they're lying to save face and cover their own asses. Someone is going to be put to the stake and it's better to pin it all on someone else than equally share the blame.

  • @VolantConch1719 said:

    I try to stay out of drama like this, but since everyone else is throwing their two cents in...

    I hold BHVR in a similar regard to how I hold Netflix. I utterly HATE the company, and would be more than happy to watch it crash and burn. Yet, I still use Netflix (have for a few months now), simply because it was (at first) the only way to watch the movies I wanted, and I kept it because it was a legitimate streaming platform to watch other shows.

    If I could support DBD's development without supporting BHVR itself, I would have done so a LONG time ago. The company has never been one I held in high regard (frankly, none of them are), and this stunt is no exception, but I'm not leaving the game over it. It has too much importance to me to just give up due to some controversy. I'm both optimistic and very pessimistic that they'll bounce back from this with few repercussions, but no game has meant nearly this much to me. Think of me what you will, but I'm weathering this storm like I have all the others.

    Kinda same. Altough I just can't watch netflix anymore. I don't find it enjoyable so I quit.

    Not really watching much these days anyway but looking forward to new "got" even tho it is a crime to like it these days lol.

    My point is do what you feel like. Even if people call me names if I like dbd I will still play it. I am not easily shamed into changing my ways but I respect others and don't think less of them if they disagree with me.

    As long as they are not insulting me. Then I just ignore them completely like they don't exist.

  • @Skittlesthehusky said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZV46TYF0H7NV/image.png

    allow these "business values" to sink in for a moment. i just thought i'd add this here because it's very clear on where behaviour's stance is regarding this matter, and more than likely gives insight to how they will do "business" with others in the future.

    I once pointed this part of the website out to a mod in an effort to have my ban rescinded. My effort was selectively ignored. Accountability is not found anywhere within their company mission statements.

  • So much Greed with P2W killers and perks. The community won't stop supporting them, I'm hoping Steam actually does something. They are the only ones that can.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    So much Greed with P2W killers and perks. The community won't stop supporting them, I'm hoping Steam actually does something. They are the only ones that can.

    I don't think anyone in the community is supporting them, this is 11 pages of hate about it. Also, please don't make it Killers vs. Survivors, or else it will end with a pig and decisive strike nerf and not a solved problem.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569946#Comment_2569946

    I don't think anyone in the community is supporting them, this is 11 pages of hate about it. Also, please don't make it Killers vs. Survivors, or else it will end with a pig and decisive strike nerf and not a fixed game.

    ######### that it’s not about nerfs and buffs anymore it’s about Business. For the first time ever all of us have joined together to fight

1 … 4 5 6 7 8 … 12