I’m genuinely disgusted at BHVR supporting NFTs

https://twitter.com/deadbybhvr/status/1450160150753562624?s=21

They straight up misled into believing they weren’t a part of this, absolutely abhorrent and unethical behaviour.

SOMEONE needs to pay for this. Whoever approved this needs sacked, I’m genuinely sickened. Shocker that they announce this the same day as the collab with for honour, almost like they’re trying to hide this!!

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569963#Comment_2569963

    ######### that it’s not about nerfs and buffs anymore it’s about Business. For the first time ever all of us have joined together to fight

    Were working together for once, I'm saying lets keep it that way. If we turn the argument back into a surv vs killer, than BHVR can just nerf a random thing, and say they took a stance, we need to keep it on the topic of what NFTs do outside the game. I guess I worded wrong

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569970#Comment_2569970

    Were working together for once, I'm saying lets keep it that way. If we turn the argument back into a surv vs killer, than BHVR can just nerf a random thing, and say they took a stance, we need to keep it on the topic of what NFTs do outside the game. I guess I worded wrong

    They don’t nerf random stuff because of people arguing. They nerf something when it’s annoying and complained about enough. But forget about it if these NFTs come to the game there will be no Buffs or nerfs to worry about

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569982#Comment_2569982

    They don’t nerf random stuff because of people arguing. They nerf something when it’s annoying and complained about enough. But forget about it if these NFTs come to the game there will be no Buffs or nerfs to worry about

    Thats why we need to stop the NFTs, from coming.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    So much Greed with P2W killers and perks. The community won't stop supporting them, I'm hoping Steam actually does something. They are the only ones that can.

    This is not the time to bring stupid video game ######### into this, my guy (gal?).

    NFT's are a real issue. Stupid video game balance is not. Maybe turn down the act for a second, m'kay?

  • I'd say that I'm no longer supporting them over this but that would be untrue. As someone who's been able to see what kind of company they are for a long time, I stopped giving them money before hellraiser was even announced let alone in the game. Glad they confirmed that I was right all along and made the right decision.

  • @avgdogshitsurvivor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/287700/i-m-genuinely-disgusted-at-bhvr-supporting-nfts

    Who gives a rat's ass about this? Petty drama fit for a gaggle of middle school children.

    Plenty of people care and for good reason. Stay out of this thread if you don't care.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569946#Comment_2569946

    This is not the time to bring stupid video game ######### into this, my guy (gal?).

    NFT's are a real issue. Stupid video game balance is not. Maybe turn down the act for a second, m'kay?

    Regarding NFTs, they used a P2W Licensed Killer to bring it in. Would never be a survivor because all they get is cosmetics.

  • Finally. The prophecy has been fulfilled:

    The only way DbD will die, is because of itself

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570043#Comment_2570043

    Regarding NFTs, they used a P2W Licensed Killer to bring it in. Would never be a survivor because all they get is cosmetics.

    I guarantee you, if Hellraiser was a full chapter with Kristy Cotton too, they'd both be made into NFTs. You might be one of the largest trolls on the forums, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend. And the NFTs are everyone's enemy.

  • @Orion said:

    Let me preface this by saying I was wrong.

    There are no words to describe the depth of my disappointment in BHVR's decision to support NFTs, but I believe this action summarizes it: I'm uninstalling Dead by Daylight forever.

    Goodbye.

    If you're leaving the forums forever, it truly is a dark time.

  • slowing killing their own game. Anyway go support VHS

  • @MedicSpirit7 said:

    slowing killing their own game. Anyway go support VHS

    this all the way

  • I think the best move they could do right now is simply to remove pinhead from the game. I'm not sure what NFT is or what it is about but if pinhead is the only reason this is now becoming an issue the best thing for the company right now would be to just to remove him.

    He already came into the game half baked without his voice, which to me was a big deal

  • So uhhh, that apology video is gonna be rough huh? Just to give you guys a tip @BHVR and @dev You can easily fix and apologize for a bad game....but bad business decisions are in another world. Good luck fixing this. Also good luck and hope any of those license holders from the other films don't flip their ######### over this for the sake of their image...

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568647#Comment_2568647

    I promise you I am not trying to start an argument. I think NFTs are a ripoff at best. But I do have to ask for clarification (I had a real bad day today unrelated to any of this, so I am not thinking at 100% clarity atm): What deceit are you (and I assume others) referring to?

    Hey, sorry to hear about your day! Hope today will treat you better. But yeah, I can see your question was answered as I was sleeping. Though there's one more thing to add, which is that we've been seeing this behaviour from Behaviour, heh, more often and more clearly in the past few months. The matchmaking system situation was very similar to this, they first claimed that the system is complex and that it definitely isn't as simple as escapes and kills, only to back down and confirm it's literally just that. On top of that, the people at Behaviour really, and I mean really, play that "how do you do fellow gamers and minorities" shtick on Twitter and other forms of social media, which makes this whole thing even more repulsive to me, personally. Don't get me wrong, I'm not naive enough to think that these corporations care about any of us, but I did my best to have some hope for BHVR, that maybe since they're smaller they actually care about all the causes they seem to support, rather than doing so because it's currently a good marketing strategy.

  • I'm confused. What's going on? I don't quite understand. Can someone clear things up for me, please?

  • @_NIGHTMARE_ said:

    Ok, so the official DbD Twitter posted this a while ago now:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WAOQAKNYH7A0/screenshot-20211018-134322.png

    And now it has posted this?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XB5XAYEGNA1E/screenshot-20211018-190326.png

    So to clarify; this whole NFT... "thing" is actually something that you have worked on (and it doesn't give additional access to extra content (like voice lines - not that I mind about that bit. I'm just trying to get my head around it.)

    I'm just horribly confused and worried over this NFT "thing" as most of the research I've done into it have all came up with rather negative connotations.

    A quick reminder to please keep the comments civil, I know it's hard; but please try. Also if anything gets out of hand please close this topic.

    Thank you.

    Edit: I originally posted this as a new discussion, is the forum automatically putting these posts together already? I guess they were prepared for the storm at least...

    I hadn't seen those original comments before.

    NFTs are new and companies are greedy, so signing on for this was a mistake, but I'd be willing to believe they maybe didn't understand that they were shaking hands with the devil when they did it. But then they tried to lie about it and throw the other companies they partnered with under the bus, which is worse to me than if they just said, "Yes, we did this and we don't get why you're mad."

    And now other people in this thread are positing screencaps that make it look like the devs who worked on the content didn't know about the deal, either.

    This is pretty grim.

  • Is it a scam? Don't buy the NFT.

    Can you still play DBD? Yes.

    Is it bad for the environment? Just like all the most popular cryptocurrencies.

    Will steam ban DBD? No, DBD is not based on blokchain and DBD game does not give you NFT (e.g. as an achievement).

    Is DBD moving to Epic? I don't know, if yes, I am pretty sure you won't lose the purchased DLCs, cosmetics, your progress.

  • Yup.

    I must say I am amused by the hyperventilating of Funko Pop fanatics.

    How deep do their morals run?

    Anyway, looking forward to the new survivor/tome/event.

  • It's more that they flat-out misled (or lied to) the community about their involvement.

  • Some people are taking the tweets as BHVR endorsing NFTs (Which, we don't know whether they really do or not, but my guess currently is that it's another part of their liscensing agreement per what they had release about it in another tweet), and even though BHVR isn't based on NFT/Crypto and doesn't push it down your throat, we don't know if crypto being somewhat supported like this from BHVR is going to get the game banned from Steam.

    Plus, there's the entire thing of if it does get banned, while I don't think we'll lose our progress or anything, it doesn't look good to move your game to another platform over a ban like that. That's why people are concerned.

  • @HealsBadMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570211#Comment_2570211

    I guarantee you, if Hellraiser was a full chapter with Kristy Cotton too, they'd both be made into NFTs. You might be one of the largest trolls on the forums, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend. And the NFTs are everyone's enemy.

    I also think so. Either both go NFT or non. Both would run under the same contract between BHVR and the license holder and thus BHVR would have to hand out their in-game models. I would love a Kristy Cotton survivor (or Pinhead) thou...

    That said I am against adding any NFT to the game. I do not care about any weird crypto things but this would add another barrier to the game that would discourage new players. BHVR should think about making a good atonement for this sin...lying to the community is just the worst.

  • @Pulsar said:

    It's more that they flat-out misled (or lied to) the community about their involvement.

    If you mean this Twitter post, I am not sure what is lying or misleading there.

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1448649848840806402


  • @fogdonkey said:

    Is it a scam? Don't buy the NFT.

    Can you still play DBD? Yes.

    Is it bad for the environment? Just like all the most popular cryptocurrencies.

    Will steam ban DBD? No, DBD is not based on blokchain and DBD game does not give you NFT (e.g. as an achievement).

    Is DBD moving to Epic? I don't know, if yes, I am pretty sure you won't lose the purchased DLCs, cosmetics, your progress.

    I don't know much about why people buy NFT's, and you cannot state that "steam wont ban dbd herp derp", steam can essentially ban whoever the ######### they want, and steam is know for spending millions of dollars on lawsuits for petty reasons, so I have no doubt that they won't hesitate to nuke DBD from the launcher if they want to make an example out of them.

    Not to mention that BHVR just lied to everyone's faces when by saying they weren't going to be associated with NFT's not even 1 week ago, and then tried to secretly slide in this little "announcement" right before one of the best gameplay patches of all time. That was no accident.

    Your also forgetting that they heavily implied that Pinhead is going to get custom skins that you can only get from 200+ dollar lootboxes from a 3rd party website? What the ######### is up with that?!

    If you aren't pissed of about this situation then I doubt you believe in anything at all, especially consumer protections, because this decision could ONLY be made by a greedy, giant corporation that BHVR has become over the last 5 years.

    It was pure luck that DBD got as popular as it is now, maybe the game will have to die for them to realize that. If VHS hits their gameplay out of the park, then BHVR is going to be in some hot water.

  • @unluckycombo said:

    Some people are taking the tweets as BHVR endorsing NFTs (Which, we don't know whether they really do or not, but my guess currently is that it's another part of their liscensing agreement per what they had release about it in another tweet), and even though BHVR isn't based on NFT/Crypto and doesn't push it down your throat, we don't know if crypto being somewhat supported like this from BHVR is going to get the game banned from Steam.

    Plus, there's the entire thing of if it does get banned, while I don't think we'll lose our progress or anything, it doesn't look good to move your game to another platform over a ban like that. That's why people are concerned.

    What you described here is the whole panic. Being scared, coming up with irrational fears, all this based on half facts.

  • I was already getting bored of DBD but I think it’s my time to leave it for good. Until BHVR get this sorted out I’m gone

  • They only tweeted that because people were suspicious of the Hellraiser chapter being an NFT. This is the response, and instead of outright denying it they gave a politician's answer and talked around it. It's called plausible deniability. Correct me if I'm wrong

  • Stop defending this, thanks.

  • @Tactrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568667#Comment_2568667

    Up until this point BHVR has stated that they wanted nothing to do with NTFs, they even had a tweet that said that flat out, and the did a complete 180 on it and now announced that they'll be collaborating with them.

    I wouldn't say it's a 180. They just stated in their tweet that the things in-game you can recieve from the NFT and game codes and all that is something they gave the license holder as part of the contract agreement. They also stated there aren't any in-game bonuses for NFTs. They never fully stated they were for or against them, nor do we know the entire scope of the licensing agreement.

    Not saying it isn't crappy that BHVR agreed to these terms in the first place, but I just wouldn't call this a 180 either.

  • It's not panic its utter contempt and disgust. Nobody gives a ######### about it being a scam. We care and are angry because we don't want it in association with our game. We don't want the devs to support something that is morally wrong on so many levels. BHVR can and should be better than this. If pinhead required them to allow another company to use their work to make nfts well guess what a lot of us would rather of not gotten pinhead. The ends don't justify the means

  • Would you agree that what they are saying here is that "We only make the Chapter and are required to share assets with the parent companies, what they do with our assets is not reflective on us as a company." Is that not what they are saying here?

  • @FreshCoal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/287864/what-is-this-nft-panic-chill-out

    I don't know much about why people buy NFT's, and you cannot state that "steam wont ban dbd herp derp", steam can essentially ban whoever the ######### they want, and steam is know for spending millions of dollars on lawsuits for petty reasons, so I have no doubt that they won't hesitate to nuke DBD from the launcher if they want to make an example out of them.

    Not to mention that BHVR just lied to everyone's faces when by saying they weren't going to be associated with NFT's not even 1 week ago, and then tried to secretly slide in this little "announcement" right before one of the best gameplay patches of all time. That was no accident.

    Your also forgetting that they heavily implied that Pinhead is going to get custom skins that you can only get from 200+ dollar lootboxes from a 3rd party website? What the ######### is up with that?!

    If you aren't pissed of about this situation then I doubt you believe in anything at all, especially consumer protections, because this decision could ONLY be made by a greedy, giant corporation that BHVR has become over the last 5 years.

    It was pure luck that DBD got as popular as it is now, maybe the game will have to die for them to realize that. If VHS hits their gameplay out of the park, then BHVR is going to be in some hot water.

    So please tell me:

    1. Why do you think Steam can ban whoever they want? There are contracts controlling this. You think a sentence in contract says: we can ban you whenever we want to?

    2. Where did BHVR say they have nothing to do with NFTs?

    3. Pinhead skins for 200+? And who is forcing us to buy it?

  • @fogdonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570770#Comment_2570770

    What you described here is the whole panic. Being scared, coming up with irrational fears, all this based on half facts.

    There's literally nothing up in the air about this. BHVR is partnered with and promoted NFTs....which are absolutely horrible.


    Absolutely love the "devils advocate" types /sarcasm


    *rolls eyes* by all means plug your ears and move on. Obvious you have little care.

  • @FreshCoal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/287864/what-is-this-nft-panic-chill-out

    I don't know much about why people buy NFT's, and you cannot state that "steam wont ban dbd herp derp", steam can essentially ban whoever the ######### they want, and steam is know for spending millions of dollars on lawsuits for petty reasons, so I have no doubt that they won't hesitate to nuke DBD from the launcher if they want to make an example out of them.

    Not to mention that BHVR just lied to everyone's faces when by saying they weren't going to be associated with NFT's not even 1 week ago, and then tried to secretly slide in this little "announcement" right before one of the best gameplay patches of all time. That was no accident.

    Your also forgetting that they heavily implied that Pinhead is going to get custom skins that you can only get from 200+ dollar lootboxes from a 3rd party website? What the ######### is up with that?!

    If you aren't pissed of about this situation then I doubt you believe in anything at all, especially consumer protections, because this decision could ONLY be made by a greedy, giant corporation that BHVR has become over the last 5 years.

    It was pure luck that DBD got as popular as it is now, maybe the game will have to die for them to realize that. If VHS hits their gameplay out of the park, then BHVR is going to be in some hot water.

    Can you link the source of where they said they're not associated with NFT? I don't find it.

    If you refer to these tweets, they never said "we are not associated with it":

    https://twitter.com/deadbybhvr/status/1448649848840806402?s=21 https://twitter.com/deadbybhvr/status/1448649851755917328?s=21

    I might misunderstood myself the words as I'm not an English native speaker. But I see nowhere "no NFT". They just said there is no exclusive content linked to the NFT.

    (I also wanna add: I sound like I'm defending BHVR, but I'm just telling a fact. I do not and I will never support NFT.)

  • @unluckycombo said:

    Some people are taking the tweets as BHVR endorsing NFTs (Which, we don't know whether they really do or not, but my guess currently is that it's another part of their liscensing agreement per what they had release about it in another tweet), and even though BHVR isn't based on NFT/Crypto and doesn't push it down your throat, we don't know if crypto being somewhat supported like this from BHVR is going to get the game banned from Steam.

    Plus, there's the entire thing of if it does get banned, while I don't think we'll lose our progress or anything, it doesn't look good to move your game to another platform over a ban like that. That's why people are concerned.

    Who said anything about them moving to Epic? There are some conspiracy theories going on here. There is nothing wrong with BHVR looking to add Dead by Daylight to the Epic Games Store (which is the only thing we can guess based on the tweets between them), and it doesn't mean they are moving from Steam.

    A third-party company creating NFTs using assets created by BHVR is not going to get DbD removed from Steam. Steam is banning games built on blockchains and/or containing NFTs or cryptocurrencies as rewards, etc. An NFT that may contain a DLC code has nothing to do with that. That's akin to saying any game ever given out by Humble Bundle needs to be removed from Steam because from time to time HB has book bundles about blockchains and cryptocurrencies.

  • Valve bans blockchain games and NFTs on Steam

    enough said.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570784#Comment_2570784

    Would you agree that what they are saying here is that "We only make the Chapter and are required to share assets with the parent companies, what they do with our assets is not reflective on us as a company." Is that not what they are saying here?

    It is in the Twitter post what they say. What do you don't understand?

  • @Billy_Capră said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570770#Comment_2570770

    Who said anything about them moving to Epic? There are some conspiracy theories going on here. There is nothing wrong with BHVR looking to add Dead by Daylight to the Epic Games Store (which is the only thing we can guess based on the tweets between them), and it doesn't mean they are moving from Steam.

    A third-party company creating NFTs using assets created by BHVR is not going to get DbD removed from Steam. Steam is banning games built on blockchains and/or containing NFTs or cryptocurrencies as rewards, etc. An NFT that may contain a DLC code has nothing to do with that. That's akin to saying any game ever given out by Humble Bundle needs to be removed from Steam because from time to time HB has book bundles about blockchains and cryptocurrencies.

    Not saying I believe it, but that is a concern I've seen circulating around Twitter, which is why I brought it up in my post. I would personally be surprised if DBD got sacked for it, because it does seem mostly on the liscense holder, and like you said, it's not the entire game based around it. (Nor can you get anything special from buying the NFT in game past what you can already get without supporting the NFT.)

  • Valve bans blockchain games and NFTs on Steam

    lie,scams,if you're the kind of person that will ignore all this just because you love the game,then this will not bother you much

  • @fogdonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570798#Comment_2570798

    It is in the Twitter post what they say. What do you don't understand?

    Because most people think that language was meant to lead us to believe that this was happening and they did not agree with it. They were being forced into it by the parent company or that the parent company was using BHVR's assets for a purpose they did not support.

    However, as it turns out, most DEVS at the company didn't know about this. This was planned and hidden on purpose and the tweet was purposefully misleading people to try to save face.

    Now, there isn't really any point. The game's over and it's pretty clear that nobody likes BHVR right now.

  • Can they not use “green” electricity or anything like that? Or are they only always bad for the environment

  • @unluckycombo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570805#Comment_2570805

    Not saying I believe it, but that is a concern I've seen circulating around Twitter, which is why I brought it up in my post. I would personally be surprised if DBD got sacked for it, because it does seem mostly on the liscense holder, and like you said, it's not the entire game based around it. (Nor can you get anything special from buying the NFT in game past what you can already get without supporting the NFT.)

    Exactly. That's why I mentioned conspiracy theories. There are a lot of knee-jerk reactions right now, and because of that many people in the community are grabbing for torches and pitchforks without thinking.

  • if country is 100% on green electricity then yeah, sure

  • @landromat said:

    if country is 100% on green electricity then yeah, sure

    So is the electricity consumption on the creator of the nft or the owner?

  • You need to think about it this way: When we produce "green" energy with renewables we need to burn less fossile fuels. When we need more energy we need to burn more fossile fuel. So while yes it is possible and also happening that cryptos use renewables because they are cheap they need to be considered as dirty as long as those renewables could be used elsewhere.

    As an example: You have a coal oven to produce energy. You have you usual houshold and power it with coal. Now you think: I want to make cryptos and be more eviromental friendly. So you buy solar panels that cover about 20% of your usual energy consumption but 100% of you crypto consumption. Has you enviromental footprint changed? No. Would it change if you were not doing that crypto stuff? Yes by 20%.

    Also...NFTs have other issues: https://thefinanser.com/2021/03/the-case-against-nfts.html/

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570812#Comment_2570812

    Because most people think that language was meant to lead us to believe that this was happening and they did not agree with it. They were being forced into it by the parent company or that the parent company was using BHVR's assets for a purpose they did not support.

    However, as it turns out, most DEVS at the company didn't know about this. This was planned and hidden on purpose and the tweet was purposefully misleading people to try to save face.

    Now, there isn't really any point. The game's over and it's pretty clear that nobody likes BHVR right now.

    So basically you are offended, because your assumptions were not correct. You can be offended if you want, but on the other hand saying that they were lying is also a lie.

  • @fogdonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570820#Comment_2570820

    So basically you are offended, because your assumptions were not correct. You can be offended if you want, but on the other hand saying that they were lying is also a lie.

    The only thing offending me right now is your ability to defend such a disgusting move.

  • @Adaez said:

    Valve bans blockchain games and NFTs on Steam

    lie,scams,if you're the kind of person that will ignore all this just because you love the game,then this will not bother you much

    Who was lying? Send link.

    Just because NFT it doesn't immediately mean scam. Sure, there are probably a lot of NFT scammers.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2570837#Comment_2570837

    The only thing offending me right now is your ability to defend such a disgusting move.

    I am not defending anyone just trying to chill down this mass hysteria.

    And I am offended that you are offended because of this.

1 … 5 6 7 8 9 … 12