I’m genuinely disgusted at BHVR supporting NFTs

https://twitter.com/deadbybhvr/status/1450160150753562624?s=21

They straight up misled into believing they weren’t a part of this, absolutely abhorrent and unethical behaviour.

SOMEONE needs to pay for this. Whoever approved this needs sacked, I’m genuinely sickened. Shocker that they announce this the same day as the collab with for honour, almost like they’re trying to hide this!!

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @Tactrix said:

    In case some of you have not heard BHVR has decided to collaborate with some NTFs people to make the Hellraiser chapter be bought by those tokens. What they fail to realize is that Steam has said unequivocally that they will BAN any game that uses NTFs or any cryptocurrency off of their platform. So I implore BHVR don't do this, please don't introduce NTFs into this game, because we don't need the game banned over this.

    Maybe this is the reason why you can link your progress to their own account.....

  • DbD goin to Epic Games most likely. DbD twitter is following Epic Game's account now.

  • Can someone explain to me what this means? Please.

  • Maybe now is a good time to quit...

  • First... let me just say hurray... I got my wish of Bhvr giving an answer

    But that doesn't make me feel better, I thank Bhvr for the Hellraiser chapter, but it wasn't worth actively selling their soul to the fictitious devil. I know Bhvr worked on these and that's what makes me upset. If you're smart. You'll ignore the NFTs and go about your business so no harm to you, but major harm to a good portion of people and the last time I made a post like this, a few didn't care about about the people who... fell for it.

    How you will think of Bhvr of this situation is entirely up to you, how I think it went is something similar to them being pulled by the neck with a rope and caller. Forced to make these models and agreements in order to appease the masses of the cult following... which... is ultimately Bhvr's hand in this situation. Grant it, I don't know what's behind their plans and schedules. But, I do know Boss Protocol stated that they worked with the license holders (unless that changed) and made an agreement to make these NFTs so that they can get some sleazy bonus money. Bhvr was forced into it, just to keep the contract going.

    I want to believe that and if that's true... well. I personally don't think it was worth it. No way was it worth that. They should have waited and tried dealing with Clive Barker's license agreements instead.

    I might be a bit dramatic, but.. this is not a good sign. And if there is gonna be more license agreements that are just as bad, I just hope Bhvr releases that it's not worth it at all.

  • @SlothGirly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568987#Comment_2568987

    good.

    I personally have been playing Stellaris a lot lately. Very fun grand strategy game, doubly fun with friends.

    Yes stellaris, always nice to de-stress from dbd with a bit of fanatic purification.

  • if anyone wants to play the new PoE expansion, I'm Dorian_Pavus on there. I go Guardian every season.

  • @jesterkind said:

    Well, this sucks!

    After seeing the most recent tweet, I'm pretty sure what happened here is that Park Ave were the ones who made the actual connection and orchestrated the whole NFT thing with Boss Protocol, and BHVR have some kind of obligation to tweet about it- if it were just the latest tweet I'd think that BHVR themselves made these NFTs, but based on the previous tweet we saw where they heavily emphasised that Park Ave are allowed to do whatever they want with the models BHVR makes, this seems more likely.

    Obviously, this doesn't absolve BHVR of all wrongdoing here- if this was part of the actual negotiations with Park Ave they definitely should've turned the license down, but it does seem still that Park Ave are the ones who deserve the majority of the scorn for this disgusting move.

    Side note. Park Ave are so getting scammed by Boss Protocol lol that company looks shady as all hell

    I hope that is is Park Ave who did the deal with the NFTs and BHVR had to be nice. And yeah, Boss Protocol looks super sketchy. They just appeared out of nowhere a month ago.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568683#Comment_2568683

    I hope that is is Park Ave who did the deal with the NFTs and BHVR had to be nice. And yeah, Boss Protocol looks super sketchy. They just appeared out of nowhere a month ago.

    Well, it's unambiguously Park Ave who did the deal from what we know, it's just a question of how much leeway BHVR were given to say yes or no.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568992#Comment_2568992

    Yes stellaris, always nice to de-stress from dbd with a bit of fanatic purification.

    my way of destressing is with some cute fox people who have the traits pacifist, fanatic xenophile, charismatic, rapid breeders and unruly, do the math ;)

  • Guys there's also a new game called The Cycle: Frontier (if you like EFT, youll like it). Its basically a space EFT with 2 giant maps, graphics are smooth and beautiful, you get in, loot up and try to get extracted. Other players are in there with you/AI to challenge you. In closed beta but its pretty impressive for one.

    Can request access on steam and they should grant it pretty fast (mine came in only a few hours). Oh and its completely free.

  • @Orion said:

    Let me preface this by saying I was wrong.

    There are no words to describe the depth of my disappointment in BHVR's decision to support NFTs, but I believe this action summarizes it: I'm uninstalling Dead by Daylight forever.

    Goodbye.

    Glad you could see the light. Welcome to the club.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569056#Comment_2569056

    Well, it's unambiguously Park Ave who did the deal from what we know, it's just a question of how much leeway BHVR were given to say yes or no.

    And this is the sad about the world today. It's just: How much money do we get? And not: This isn't moral, we don't do it. No matter the price.

  • Goddamn, this is ######### horrible. What screwball at Behavior thought this would ever be a good idea?

    I may very well be the end of my DbD prospects.

    Guess it's a good thing VHS is coming out soon.

  • @SlothGirly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569052#Comment_2569052

    my way of destressing is with some cute fox people who have the traits pacifist, fanatic xenophile, charismatic, rapid breeders and unruly, do the math ;)

    Ahaha yeah I insist on making the cutest species the most evil and vice versa.

  • I feel like bhvr if they want to have any semblance of a chance of saving some face on this is gonna have to do a little more than a few tweets(which can't be trusted anymore anyways) even if they call it off, which I don't even know if they can, but considering how little they responded to the performance crisis during the RE chapter I'd be surprised if we got any more communication then vague forum posts and maybe a tweet or 2

  • @Orion

    I wish that you had been right about it being a scam.

    I want out of this timeline.

  • @gilgamer said:

    I feel like bhvr if they want to have any semblance of a chance of saving some face on this is gonna have to do a little more than a few tweets(which can't be trusted anymore anyways) even if they call it off, which I don't even know if they can, but considering how little they responded to the performance crisis during the RE chapter I'd be surprised if we got any more communication then vague forum posts and maybe a tweet or 2

    There's no way that they can- they weren't the ones who actually signed off on this, from what we know. It's likely that they're not really even able to say they don't like it due to license agreements.

    It's very frustrating but I don't see any way of us knowing exactly how this shook out without someone at BHVR leaking documents, which doesn't seem likely.

  • @QwQw said:

    Goddamn, this is ######### horrible. What screwball at Behavior thought this would ever be a good idea?

    I may very well be the end of my DbD prospects.

    Guess it's a good thing VHS is coming out soon.

    Gotta admit I'm a bit disgusted with the amount of time I've put into the game now. I took a few months break a whole back. Came back for Nemesis and Pinhead releases but Jesus ######### I might seriously Uninstall now. The SBMM fiasco was enough to learn the year + project amounts to "did you kill" or "did you escape" is almost laughably pathetic. Now they are caught supporting NFTs?? BHVR has lost any credibility as a gaming company.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568718#Comment_2568718

    Completely agree, it's just worth mentioning that Park Ave are the ones selling the gun and BHVR watched it happen. It's important to be as accurate as possible with criticism.

    It makes them an accessory, which is not much worse than committing the act themselves.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568724#Comment_2568724

    It makes them an accessory, which is not much worse than committing the act themselves.

    Pretty much.

    The only way they get out of this without being at least partially to blame is if Park Ave orchestrated this whole affair after the license agreement was signed and BHVR just had to go along with it, but that's not a guarantee at all.

  • Whatever the link BHVR have with these companies, and to what degree were they actively involved with it, the shame is that they have played a part regardless in something that's extremely unpopular.

    I'm not sure exactly how painful it would be for them, but the best thing BHVR could do now is ditch all connections with those companies and offer full refunds for Hellraiser chapters, and just erase its existence.

    If they decide to continue along this path, it will be the end eventually, and what's worse is that it wasn't even needed! Heck, people were pissed with bugs and matchmaking, but if it were that alone it would be fine overall, but this is a very self-destructive move by them which makes no sense, considering they were the leaders of this genre! Now, they could actually lose it.

    I enjoy this game, but it just feels it would be best if they do suffer as a result of this.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569085#Comment_2569085

    There's no way that they can- they weren't the ones who actually signed off on this, from what we know. It's likely that they're not really even able to say they don't like it due to license agreements.

    It's very frustrating but I don't see any way of us knowing exactly how this shook out without someone at BHVR leaking documents, which doesn't seem likely.

    If it really was solely at the behest of the Hellraiser IP owners then honestly how can keeping Hellraiser in the game even be worth it at that point? I have doubts that bhvr didn't have any say in this and they were just doing what they had to as the possibility of getting kicked off steam would never make the money they're gonna earn from the NFT's and even the Hellraiser chapter worth it

  • @IrishRedCap said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569075#Comment_2569075

    Gotta admit I'm a bit disgusted with the amount of time I've put into the game now. I took a few months break a whole back. Came back for Nemesis and Pinhead releases but Jesus ######### I might seriously Uninstall now. The SBMM fiasco was enough to learn the year + project amounts to "did you kill" or "did you escape" is almost laughably pathetic. Now they are caught supporting NFTs?? BHVR has lost any credibility as a gaming company.

    I agree.

    It's so sad to the game I once loved fall this far.

  • @Orion look I wish you were right and that I and everyone else were blowing things wildly out of proportion. Thank you for admitting you were wrong. I really wish you were right though.

  • Sorry but I can no longer support this game due to the fact they are having a ton of bad decisions lately with nuts being the one that ruins it



    Like nfts are an obvious pyramid scheme that should've never taken off and I don't get why it has as if you look into it it's stupid af when you could just commission stuff you want

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569088#Comment_2569088

    If it really was solely at the behest of the Hellraiser IP owners then honestly how can keeping Hellraiser in the game even be worth it at that point? I have doubts that bhvr didn't have any say in this and they were just doing what they had to as the possibility of getting kicked off steam would never make the money they're gonna earn from the NFT's and even the Hellraiser chapter worth it

    Who knows, honestly.

    Maybe they're not legally able to back out at this point? That'd be plausible, but that's also assuming that BHVR didn't just agree to this anyway.

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569088#Comment_2569088

    If it really was solely at the behest of the Hellraiser IP owners then honestly how can keeping Hellraiser in the game even be worth it at that point? I have doubts that bhvr didn't have any say in this and they were just doing what they had to as the possibility of getting kicked off steam would never make the money they're gonna earn from the NFT's and even the Hellraiser chapter worth it

    The Steam thing is recent, it's likely they didn't know about it when they agreed to this NFT deal.

  • @BlueMeansDeep said:

    https://twitter.com/deadbybhvr/status/1450160150753562624?s=21

    They straight up misled into believing they weren’t a part of this, absolutely abhorrent and unethical behaviour.

    SOMEONE needs to pay for this. Whoever approved this needs sacked, I’m genuinely sickened. Shocker that they announce this the same day as the collab with for honour, almost like they’re trying to hide this!!

    im sorry but what is nft's ? like its supposed to be bad but why i dont get it tks for the answer

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569101#Comment_2569101

    The Steam thing is recent, it's likely they didn't know about it when they agreed to this NFT deal.

    Well I legitimately hope whoever signed off on this deal gets actually fired

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569101#Comment_2569101

    Who knows, honestly.

    Maybe they're not legally able to back out at this point? That'd be plausible, but that's also assuming that BHVR didn't just agree to this anyway.

    It's sad that my opinion of bhvr is so low already that I just find this whole situation funny

  • @SAégis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/287700/i-m-genuinely-disgusted-at-bhvr-supporting-nfts

    im sorry but what is nft's ? like its supposed to be bad but why i dont get it tks for the answer

    Short answer: A very energy-use/carbon-producing intense MLM (MultiLevelMarketing). It's a new form of a ponzi scheme. some people will cry bloody murder that there's crapto and nfts that are 'clean' etc, but at the end of the day they are a pyramid scam and commonly used in moneylaundering, market-manipulation and insidertrading.

  • Nfts are a blatant pyramid scam I don't get how this garbage took off it ruins the environment encourages art theft and is a waste of money and resources


    Like if you want something unique there's a thing called COMMISSIONS

  • Just adding on at this point to show how many players are disappointed in BHVR by this news.

    I was excited to come back from a break from DBD in a couple days, now I can't. I can't support BHVR and their acceptance of NFTs.

    At least for once Killers and Survivors can agree on something. I hope the entire community can band together on this.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569115#Comment_2569115

    Short answer: A very energy-use/carbon-producing intense MLM (MultiLevelMarketing). It's a new form of a ponzi scheme. some people will cry bloody murder that there's crapto and nfts that are 'clean' etc, but at the end of the day they are a pyramid scam and commonly used in moneylaundering, market-manipulation and insidertrading.

    Also art theft.

    Basically you can sell an NFT of some artwork that you have found on Twitter, that was not created by you or anyone you know, and sell someone else an NFT of it, saying that the buyer now owns the art. Except you never owned the art, so obviously you can't just go around selling the NFT.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569124#Comment_2569124

    Also art theft.

    Basically you can sell an NFT of some artwork that you have found on Twitter, that was not created by you or anyone you know, and sell someone else an NFT of it, saying that the buyer now owns the art. Except you never owned the art, so obviously you can't just go around selling the NFT.

    exactly. Also, you are technically paying thousands of dollars for a bookmark someone else has control over

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2569124#Comment_2569124

    Also art theft.

    Basically you can sell an NFT of some artwork that you have found on Twitter, that was not created by you or anyone you know, and sell someone else an NFT of it, saying that the buyer now owns the art. Except you never owned the art, so obviously you can't just go around selling the NFT.

    Saw a few cases of art theft myself hell one "nft" game had artwork that was stolen to use in its promotion and the artist was pissed off

  • I hope BHVR employees aren’t the ones who suffer from this, the high ups need to get thrown out.

  • Also to everyone defending nfts look up pyramid schemes


    Because what you're defending is a pyramid scheme because someone is going to be stuck with that waste of resources not being able to sell it

  • @BlueMeansDeep said:

    I hope BHVR employees aren’t the ones who suffer from this, the high ups need to get thrown out.

    They are going to suffer from this that's how this ######### industry acts they protect the higher ups while people who had nothing to do with the decision punished via lay offs or reduced pay

  • @Majin151 said:

    Also to everyone defending nfts look up pyramid schemes

    Because what you're defending is a pyramid scheme because someone is going to be stuck with that waste of resources not being able to sell it

    Just making me think of this... 😂

    jtbridnvfl411.jpg


  • This is incredibly, INCREDIBLY dissappointing.

    Not just the incredibly destructive, scummy practice that they've endorsed, but the fact that they straight up lied to our faces about the extent of their involvement.

  • You can always trust the higher ups of any company to ruin everything good about their product. I also was in the camp of the "maybe behavior doesn't want to kill the environment with NFTs" view but yeah, too bad it was all nonsense and they really do hate everyone and nature.

    Hope your stunt was worth it Behavior. Because so far, it suuuuuure sound like it with the people quitting left and right. And yeah, I ain't buying anything from you guys anymore in case it wasn't obvious already.

  • Bhvr just put the final nail in the coffin for a LOT of people.

    Bhvr done did it guys

  • So where is the code for the free pinhead dlc? Actually all dlc should be free because of this 🤑

  • @Dhurl421 said:

    Just adding on at this point to show how many players are disappointed in BHVR by this news.

    I was excited to come back from a break from DBD in a couple days, now I can't. I can't support BHVR and their acceptance of NFTs.

    At least for once Killers and Survivors can agree on something. I hope the entire community can band together on this.

    Yes this would be the time to stand all together.

    "All for one and one for all!"

  • And I just recently came back after a break :/ I wonder how much they knew about NFTs when they worked out the contract. Either way I hope they feel very bad about this.

  • Now they want to silence those who are most right about the current situation of the game, silencing people who are right should be a cool job instead of fixing the game.

  • I think what needs to be said about this has already been said well by plenty of people in this thread, so I'll just add a quick 2 cents:

    Embarrassment. Deception. Shame. Tone-Deafness. Ignorance. Lack of Awareness about your player base's stances on things.

    All of those terms should apply to BHVR right now. I'd almost be surprised, if their track record didn't suggest Incompetence was another word you could add to that list.

1 2 3 4 5 6 … 12