I’m genuinely disgusted at BHVR supporting NFTs

https://twitter.com/deadbybhvr/status/1450160150753562624?s=21

They straight up misled into believing they weren’t a part of this, absolutely abhorrent and unethical behaviour.

SOMEONE needs to pay for this. Whoever approved this needs sacked, I’m genuinely sickened. Shocker that they announce this the same day as the collab with for honour, almost like they’re trying to hide this!!

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    Isn't Steam banning games for this? If so, then I guess it's bye bye to DBD

    Pretty sure they'll remove it from everyone's libraries too.

    BHVR is completely screwed if Steam decides to pull the game.

  • That's it. DBD is done of me. Uninstalling and never playing it again.

    Also, have you guys heard about Propnight? Super fun.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568647#Comment_2568647

    Big agree.

    For context, this is the Tweet that was posted on the official Dbd Twitter after a thread about this NFT deal was made (there is a reply by the official Dbd Twitter account to that Tweet, for full context open the Tweet in a new browser tab / window or something - it says there is no exclusive in-game content linked to the NFT stuff):

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1448649848840806402

    This does NOT say that they did not work together with the NFT company. There is no lie or ambiguity here. But it is absolutely worded in such a way to distract people. When that Tweet was made they knew that they had been working "with Boss Protocol over several months to adapt in-game models for use as NFTs" (Source and full context of this quote here: https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1450160150753562624).

    They never said that there is no deeper partnership with the NFT company but at the same time they neglected to mention that there actually is one which is what people were upset about in the first place.

    Me saying there is a deeper partnership is based on the official Dbd Twitter account posting that they have been working the NFT company over several months - to me that does not sound like a minor / casual partnership. But please feel free to disagree with me and form your own opinion.

    My understanding based on these two pairs of tweets is that BVHR did work with Boss Protocol, but only in the sense of like, giving them chapter keys and the models on behalf of Park Ave. It seems like Park Ave are the ones who really orchestrated this- you'll notice the language in the original tweet heavily emphasises that Park Ave are allowed to do whatever they want with the models, which reads to me like BHVR themselves just knew about it without necessarily actively organising it themselves.

    Obviously it's still unethical as hell to agree, but I don't think they lied here, by omission or otherwise.

  • @BlueMeansDeep said:

    I think despite any disagreements anyone has had on here, we can all agree this is completely unethical.

    I can't believe it. The community of all sides have come together as one. At least some good have come of this.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568705#Comment_2568705

    My understanding based on these two pairs of tweets is that BVHR did work with Boss Protocol, but only in the sense of like, giving them chapter keys and the models on behalf of Park Ave. It seems like Park Ave are the ones who really orchestrated this- you'll notice the language in the original tweet heavily emphasises that Park Ave are allowed to do whatever they want with the models, which reads to me like BHVR themselves just knew about it without necessarily actively organising it themselves.

    Obviously it's still unethical as hell to agree, but I don't think they lied here, by omission or otherwise.

    It's not even a sin of omission. If I own a gun, and I decide to sell it to a known violent felon, then I go "well the gun is his to do what he wants with cause I sold it to him." Yeah technically I didn't do anything wrong, but anyone with a brain would know how thats gonna turn out

  • Well looks like DBD will be moving to Epic.

  • I don't know how BHVR can step back from this, but they should absolutely do so ASAP if at all possible.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568703#Comment_2568703

    Pretty sure they'll remove it from everyone's libraries too.

    BHVR is completely screwed if Steam decides to pull the game.

    Oh man... BHVR definitely screwed up big time.

  • So people were banned for calling this out early. Wonderful. The coverup is worse than the crime.

  • @Impose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568710#Comment_2568710

    It's not even a sin of omission. If I own a gun, and I decide to sell it to a known violent felon, then I go "well the gun is his to do what he wants with cause I sold it to him." Yeah technically I didn't do anything wrong, but anyone with a brain would know how thats gonna turn out

    Completely agree, it's just worth mentioning that Park Ave are the ones selling the gun and BHVR watched it happen. It's important to be as accurate as possible with criticism.

  • Nah it's actually just free VHS advertising, not BHVR ######### their game. No it has to be VHS advertising... it has to be man cmon.

    image.png


  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    Isn't Steam banning games for this? If so, then I guess it's bye bye to DBD

    I think since they claim game content won't be locked behind NFTs that might be loophole for DBD to stay on steam. I will laugh though if they get kicked off steam, especially if it happens during Halloween event. 😂

  • Are you actually ######### serious right now

    I want to cope so badly.

  • @some_guy1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568627#Comment_2568627

    then shouldn't they be aware of this? they stated they worked with behavivor for months so they probably should know about it?

    Up until this point BHVR has stated that they wanted nothing to do with NTFs, they even had a tweet that said that flat out, and the did a complete 180 on it and now announced that they'll be collaborating with them.

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    Well looks like DBD will be moving to Epic.

    Untitled Image

    monkaS

  • They 100% knew what they were doing.

  • I just want to know if the voice lines are going to be locked behind this NFT.

  • Wow. I stand corrected.

  • image.png

    allow these "business values" to sink in for a moment. i just thought i'd add this here because it's very clear on where behaviour's stance is regarding this matter, and more than likely gives insight to how they will do "business" with others in the future.

  • @Holdup said:

    I just want to know if the voice lines are going to be locked behind this NFT.

    No: https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1448649851755917328

    No exclusive in-game content.

  • So after this move, who at BHVR is going to pocket the money and jump ship?

    Let's see.

  • @Pilot said:

    So after this move, who at BHVR is going to pocket the money and jump ship?

    Let's see.

    Wouldn't they be caught up in the backlash though, even if they leave now? If I was a developer and didn't want to be caught up in this NFT drama I think I would have quit a few months ago.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568749#Comment_2568749

    Wouldn't they be caught up in the backlash though, even if they leave now? If I was a developer and didn't want to be caught up in this NFT drama I think I would have quit a few months ago.

    ...McLean, you mean?

  • There's a reason the OGs like McLean are fleeing. The company's soul is gone. NFT lootboxes are a thing now. Hackers are paying customers. This is what BHVR is

  • Yeah I’m quitting the game now because of this. NFTs can go jump off a cliff.

  • Completely sticking to free in game currency purchases at this point. Gonna have to wait a year to revise the decision on any licensed content just to be sure I get the full package.

  • I highly doubt McLean is the type of person to do this kind of thing.

    Looks at the tweets much closer.

    Example 1 -> "Behaviour worked with Boss Protocol over several months to adapt in-game models for use as NFTs and approved them prior to the release of Pinhead in DbD. "

    Example 2-> "Park Avenue Entertainment and Boss Protocol are great partners and it’s been a pleasure to work with them to bring #Hellraiser to DbD. "

    My guess, McLean knew of this, and prior to this revealing, he left, he tried his hardest ot work on one of the best, if not the best patch DBD will ever see in its life. After that, he jumped ship. Could u imagine him still working, then streaming and being bombarded by harassment & all kinds of questions? McLean dodged a bullet. if not, he dodged a nuke.

    At least, that's my theory. I would like to believe McLean is not that type of person.

    They've been working for months on this. We've all been fooled, bamboozled. And you all still believe these kinds of people?

  • @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568765#Comment_2568765

    I highly doubt McLean is the type of person to do this kind of thing.

    Looks at the tweets much closer.

    Example 1 -> "Behaviour worked with Boss Protocol over several months to adapt in-game models for use as NFTs and approved them prior to the release of Pinhead in DbD. "

    Example 2-> "Park Avenue Entertainment and Boss Protocol are great partners and it’s been a pleasure to work with them to bring #Hellraiser to DbD. "

    My guess, McLean knew of this, and prior to this revealing, he left, he tried his hardest ot work on one of the best, if not the best patch DBD will ever see in it's life. After that, he jumped ship. Could u imagine him still working, then streaming and being bombarded by harassement & all kinds of questions? McLean dodged a bullet

    At least, that's my theory. I would like to believe McLean is not that type of person.

    I meant it as McLean doing exactly that. Him jumping ship because of his employers having anything to do at all with this NFT nonsense.

    [edited for clarity]

  • @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568765#Comment_2568765

    I highly doubt McLean is the type of person to do this kind of thing.

    Looks at the tweets much closer.

    Example 1 -> "Behaviour worked with Boss Protocol over several months to adapt in-game models for use as NFTs and approved them prior to the release of Pinhead in DbD. "

    Example 2-> "Park Avenue Entertainment and Boss Protocol are great partners and it’s been a pleasure to work with them to bring #Hellraiser to DbD. "

    My guess, McLean knew of this, and prior to this revealing, he left, he tried his hardest ot work on one of the best, if not the best patch DBD will ever see in it's life. After that, he jumped ship. Could u imagine him still working, then streaming and being bombarded by harassement & all kinds of questions? McLean dodged a bullet

    At least, that's my theory. I would like to believe McLean is not that type of person.

    McLean has a documented distaste for NFTs on his twitter account

  • @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568765#Comment_2568765

    I highly doubt McLean is the type of person to do this kind of thing.

    Looks at the tweets much closer.

    Example 1 -> "Behaviour worked with Boss Protocol over several months to adapt in-game models for use as NFTs and approved them prior to the release of Pinhead in DbD. "

    Example 2-> "Park Avenue Entertainment and Boss Protocol are great partners and it’s been a pleasure to work with them to bring #Hellraiser to DbD. "

    My guess, McLean knew of this, and prior to this revealing, he left, he tried his hardest ot work on one of the best, if not the best patch DBD will ever see in it's life. After that, he jumped ship. Could u imagine him still working, then streaming and being bombarded by harassement & all kinds of questions? McLean dodged a bullet

    At least, that's my theory. I would like to believe McLean is not that type of person.

    Didn't a community manager also leave as well? forgive me if I'm wrong but I think patbrutal might of left as well.

    I remember saying to my friend "Hey with all of these people leaving do you reckon they know something we don't?"

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2568778#Comment_2568778

    I meant it as McLean doing exactly that. Him jumping ship because of the NFT nonsense.

    What I wanted to say, McLean didn't want to be any part of this, hence him jumping ship BEFORE the big reveal.

    The only question is, for how long has BHVR worked with these guys to allow NFTs in DBD. McLean was nothing more than a developer, he wasnt't a CEO, no nothing. He did his part in the company and always focused on us, the player base whilst BHVR was focused on the money.

    Now, if u want to blame anyone, blame the ones in suits. Not the guys in shirts working and keeping the game alive. McLean being one of the guys in shirt.

  • I don't think i've ever been more disappointed in BHVR. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but apparently they didn't deserve it.

    I get that this was probably necessary to bring Hellraiser to DBD. But they could've easily done a fun other chapter. Something public domain, like Dracula, and it would've got fans just as excited. Maybe we would've never gotten Pinhead. Or maybe Clive Barker would've eventually said 'okay'. But I'd rather never have Pinhead in the game, than to support NFT's. I get that there's no exclusive content locked behind it, and that we can all ignore the NFT's as much as possible. But someone out there will be buying them. And the environmental damage it will cause will be done, whether we buy them or not. And who's to say the next license won't also have NFT's. BHVR sees something they want, and the company decides "Hey, I can make a quick buck off selling NFT's if I license this out to BHVR."

    And the PR department handled this HORRIBLY. Disappointing all around.

  • Absolutely outstanding PR bhvr, you've outdone yourselves this time. You should do another tweet expressing the company's support for clubbing seals. Or maybe add Jeffrey Epstein as the next survivor.

  • DbD becoming Earth 2. When will we see EntityCoin in the crypto market?

  • You know when the common faces you see who give BHVR the benefit of the doubt and try to defend them are also bashing them, that bhvr really, really messed up LMAO.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Absolutely outstanding PR bhvr, you've outdone yourselves this time. You should do another tweet expressing the company's support for clubbing seals. Or maybe add Jeffrey Epstein as the next survivor.

    "Who do you main on dbd?"

    "Bro I'm EU's no1 Jeffery epstein main watch these spins"

  • BHVR is run by dumbass millenials desperate for the addoration and money of Gen Z. Do you guys remember those stupid quirky loading screens with the little quotes? They were all worded like a 50 year old man let loose on TikTok for the evening. ######### was so embarassing. They will never care about what the players say (begging for fixes) or do (hacking the game). BHVR's metaphorical eyes are so full of green they will lie to everybody to secure it. NFT's are ######### stupid alright, no ifs ands or buts. VALVe has said they would BAN ANY game associated with these and for good reason. ITS A SCAM BRO. You get a link to a 3-D model of a cat smoking a cigarette for $3,000 so some other equally dumb person will compete for it. I been feeling it for a few months but like this looks like the end you guys. Game is not doing so hot rn. No DC forgivness in place of hackers they don't care to ban is next on the list of abrupt ######### ups this dog-water company has made.

  • @Dolphus said:

    BHVR is run by dumbass millenials desperate for the addoration and money of Gen Z. Do you guys remember those stupid quirky loading screens with the little quotes? They were all worded like a 50 year old man let loose on TikTok for the evening. ######### was so embarassing. They will never care about what the players say (begging for fixes) or do (hacking the game). BHVR's metaphorical eyes are so full of green they will lie to everybody to secure it. NFT's are ######### stupid alright, no ifs ands or buts. VALVe has said they would BAN ANY game associated with these and for good reason. ITS A SCAM BRO. You get a link to a 3-D model of a cat smoking a cigarette for $3,000 so some other equally dumb person will compete for it. I been feeling it for a few months but like this looks like the end you guys. Game is not doing so hot rn. No DC forgivness in place of hackers they don't care to ban is next on the list of abrupt ######### ups this dog-water company has made.

    Definitely not ran by Millenials lmao.

  • @Dolphus said:

    BHVR is run by dumbass millenials desperate for the addoration and money of Gen Z. Do you guys remember those stupid quirky loading screens with the little quotes? They were all worded like a 50 year old man let loose on TikTok for the evening. ######### was so embarassing. They will never care about what the players say (begging for fixes) or do (hacking the game). BHVR's metaphorical eyes are so full of green they will lie to everybody to secure it. NFT's are ######### stupid alright, no ifs ands or buts. VALVe has said they would BAN ANY game associated with these and for good reason. ITS A SCAM BRO. You get a link to a 3-D model of a cat smoking a cigarette for $3,000 so some other equally dumb person will compete for it. I been feeling it for a few months but like this looks like the end you guys. Game is not doing so hot rn. No DC forgivness in place of hackers they don't care to ban is next on the list of abrupt ######### ups this dog-water company has made.

    If anything, I imagine millenials are practically unanimously against NFT's

  • @Dolphus said:

    BHVR is run by dumbass millenials desperate for the addoration and money of Gen Z. Do you guys remember those stupid quirky loading screens with the little quotes? They were all worded like a 50 year old man let loose on TikTok for the evening. ######### was so embarassing. They will never care about what the players say (begging for fixes) or do (hacking the game). BHVR's metaphorical eyes are so full of green they will lie to everybody to secure it. NFT's are ######### stupid alright, no ifs ands or buts. VALVe has said they would BAN ANY game associated with these and for good reason. ITS A SCAM BRO. You get a link to a 3-D model of a cat smoking a cigarette for $3,000 so some other equally dumb person will compete for it. I been feeling it for a few months but like this looks like the end you guys. Game is not doing so hot rn. No DC forgivness in place of hackers they don't care to ban is next on the list of abrupt ######### ups this dog-water company has made.

    50 year olds would be Gen X.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Absolutely outstanding PR bhvr, you've outdone yourselves this time. You should do another tweet expressing the company's support for clubbing seals. Or maybe add Jeffrey Epstein as the next survivor.

    "There has been talk about seal clubbing lately. We want to confirm that we are not personally clubbing seals. We are merely providing the seal clubbers with replicas of the Trickster's bat and the Doctor's stick weapon so they can more efficiently club the seals."

  • The guy who founded BHVR (29 years ago) still runs it?

  • This might be big speculations on my part but maybe Netflix and McLean knew for a while and decided to leave as soon as they could? Idk I'm just confused as to what the devs are doing

  • I remember not that long ago where I was called out for talking about this and told I was unreasonable and treated like I was stupid for thinking the claims were legitimate.

  • @Impose said:

    Where's all those people saying it was fake now

    Yeah don't act like you knew it all along. It was reasonable for people to think that this crap wasn't real. BHVR actually doing this is just pretty damn stupid as far as I can tell.

  • I don't even know what to say. I know BHVR receives a lot of unnecessary hate but they don't help themselves by doing things like this.

1 2 3 4 … 12