What would be your final straw to stop playing this game?

Besides the obvious answer (technical reasons), what would make u stop playing the game completely until it is changed?

Im a mid 2020 player so the most annoying things so far are the constant tech issues, but in terms of perks/killers i haven't experienced anything too broken (like old legion). Right now the only thing that bothers me is RPD and i would 9/10 dc if i get that map as half the killer roster

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Yamaoka said:

    I started playing in 2017/2018 on XB1.

    Over the course of the years there were many changes I liked or disliked but what made me quit the game was the performance that got so terrible that I would consider it unplayable.

    Now I got a Series X which can run the game on a steady 60fps but for some reason I don't feel like playing DBD anymore.

    The long break I took made me realize how the same years old issues are still there making me lose every interest in the game.

    As killer: Gens go too quickly.

    Boring gameplay. Not worth my time.

    As survivor: 90+% killers (proxy)camp/tunnel/slug and try everything they can to get you without a legit chase.

    Boring gameplay. Not worth my time.

    ^^ This. This is exactly why I stopped playing. You took the words right out of my mouth.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    If they remove Claudette I’ll quit.

    Also, I’m actually burned out of this game. They really haven’t done anything interesting or different in the last year.

    The anniversary event was a major letdown after they promised us they were going to focus their effort on it and Halloween at the cost of not having other events. The last few killers seemed uninspired.

    Trickster, really no need for an explanation for him, The Twins release was terrible, Nemesis feels uninspired, they just cashed in on the Resident Evil brand and gave console an unplayable chapter with the most unfun map ever. Blights collision bug makes him unplayable for a lot of people, Nurses bugs are obviously being ignored, survivors getting stuck or teleporting back to places they’ve run past, Huntress hitting survivors with invisible blimps and I could go on and on.

    The one thing this game has for it is it’s one of a kind. No other game is like it and it’s hard to get the same feeling of victory in another game that you get here. I also love the teamwork that happens when playing survivor.

    I just wish the Devs weren’t beholden to their corporate overlords and shareholders. They really need to take at least 6 months to work on fixing the games code and balancing maps to be fair for both sides. They also need to take risks and change up the core mechanics, even if temporarily on select weekends. But I doubt it’ll happen.

    At the very least, I wish they’d hire a bunch of recent college graduates and pay with to rewrite the game from the ground up. That way, they can continue to make money off of the live game while also overhaul everything with a future chapter.

    ^^This. I’m just burnt out and like I feel the game is progressively getting boring or worse despite the updates and content they’re bringing.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407442#Comment_2407442

    ^^This. I’m just burnt out and like I feel the game is progressively getting boring or worse despite the updates and content they’re bringing.

    Yup. It just feels like every new chapter is like the last, with just a different shade of lipstick.

  • The technical issues are pushing me towards it already Besides the other obvious (just not having fun anymore): requiring a subscription (they can eat my salty butt if they think I'll ever pay more than I already have to play this game), ######### with bloodpoint gains (as in lowering it. I've already had errors that have screwed me out of it), the autoban system ending up being a problem (just hire people to read the reports! I'll send you my resume right now!), and anything else I can't currently come up with that would make me react with a hard "are you SHITTING me?!".

  • @ciara1999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407569#Comment_2407569

    You don't know the slightest thing about fnaf just from the last sentence alone. I'm mentally gone? You're funny lol

    I wish I knew less about it. It's cheesy AF. I've seen others play it. I don't think it's interesting, I don't think it's scary , I think it looks dumb and sounds dumber and so I don't want it in a game I love. Sorry about it. Giant robotic bears just aren't scary. I'd be more terrified by Hello Kitty with a butcher knife.

    Quit being a freaking child though and let me have my opinion, because you're not going to change it.

    I D G A F about your opinions, so stop being so bothered about mine.

    1. Burnout. I've gotten tired of other games after playing them extensively. I could see it happen to this one.
    2. A Legion rework that leaves them not feeling like Legion to play. Legion has been my longest, most consistent main, and I've recently cycled back to them. If they got a drastic rework I'd probably quit.
  • The only thing that would really kill my interest in this game is if all 6 of my mains simultaneously got nerfed into oblivion for no reason


    i already had to grieve because of the unwarranted Trickster changes that turned him from a fun and stylish DIO impersonator into a obnoxious pile of garbage that turns matches into slogs where no one has fun, I don’t need to grieve another loss

  • @Babawizwiz said:

    Besides the obvious answer (technical reasons), what would make u stop playing the game completely until it is changed?

    Im a mid 2020 player so the most annoying things so far are the constant tech issues, but in terms of perks/killers i haven't experienced anything too broken (like old legion). Right now the only thing that bothers me is RPD and i would 9/10 dc if i get that map as half the killer roster

    In-game chat

  • In-game voice chat would also kill it for me, even if I didn’t have to participate. Like I said before, if I wanted to hear 12-year-olds yell slurs at me, I could play pretty much any other online PVP game.

  • @Babawizwiz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407383#Comment_2407383

    imo the Realm Beyond is the only good update we've had so far, i can always appreciate new models and revamped maps cause they never disappoint.

    In the Realm Beyond, the textures and models are fine and whatever, but for maps:

    Farm- Way too bright and still can't see anything through all the corn.

    Autoheaven- Didn't really fix some of the issues with the map, like the Great Wall of Autoheaven, and a lot of the loops are too small for tall Killers to effectively mindgame.

    The Game- TOO MANY GODDAMN PALLETS. Stupidly Survivor-sided.

    There's probably more, but realistically, The Realm Beyond just made things worse, balance-wise, not better.

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    Any more chapter genres like Kpop or things that aren't associated with horror such as touching a pigs nose. Its losing its horror element and becoming a colourful party game.

    Booping the snoot isn't the devs' fault, man.

    That's a rare instance of the community as a whole being silly together.

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407798#Comment_2407798

    In-game voice chat would also kill it for me, even if I didn’t have to participate. Like I said before, if I wanted to hear 12-year-olds yell slurs at me, I could play pretty much any other online PVP game.

    This.

    Also, this falls into some of the issues tied to the highly selective and imbalanced censorship policies in place.

  • I am currently at my final straw. Stupid matchmaking means matchmaking doesn't work which usually means I am better off suiciding or AFK-ing during a match than bother with a game.

  • I'm close. It's sad because I've had some really great times with it but between serious lag still and every second match being against the worst human beings, I may have to take a LONG break after I finish this stupid rift.

  • @KweenPlease said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407783#Comment_2407783

    You're the one who is overstepping and trying to correct someone. I've got a college degree.

    You're nitpicking at my use of a word in a casual context because you don't have a point.

    Also I never called anyone who likes FNAF " gone in the head " , I said " If you think a killer based in realism and stuff that can actually happen is more camp than a giant animatronic in a pizzaria going and killing people then you're gone in the head. "

    Also Trickster's fashion isn't even goofy, it's an aesthetic you THINK is goofy. Popstar clothing is over the top and gaudy. Look at what Katy Perry wears, look at Nicki Minaj's outfits, etc. It's ACCURATE.

    Anywho you can stop REPLYING to me a hundred times because you're NOT changing MY opinion.

    I'd just like to point out that TECHNICALLY, Sprintrap, the most likely character to get a position on the roster, is a dead body stuck in an animatronic suit, possessed by the guy's undying spirit.

    It isn't QUITE as far-fetched as the rest of the roster being in DBD, but hey, I won't try to sway you.

  • If the Devs don't fix the issues plaguing current-gen Console's and lower-end PC's.

  • @DarKaron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407814#Comment_2407814

    I'd just like to point out that TECHNICALLY, Sprintrap, the most likely character to get a position on the roster, is a dead body stuck in an animatronic suit, possessed by the guy's undying spirit.

    It isn't QUITE as far-fetched as the rest of the roster being in DBD, but hey, I won't try to sway you.

    Yeah no dig if you like it. It's just PAST the level of camp I feel fits DbD.

    I'd be able to take Cindy and Brenda more seriously in the game.

    Also it'd be so iconic lmao

  • @ciara1999 said:

    Fnaf has a massive back story that isn't just about pizzerias, and in terms of goofyness, we have a elephant costume for clown and a mermaid outfit for yunjin, so please don't start with cringe. Trickster is the ever living cringe. Don't get me started on the fact that ore teens mainly listen to kpop

    You know for someone who apparently doesn't care if FNAF gets in or not, you sure love to defend it with your very life.

  • @KweenPlease said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407871#Comment_2407871

    Yeah no dig if you like it. It's just PAST the level of camp I feel fits DbD.

    I'd be able to take Cindy and Brenda more seriously in the game.

    Also it'd be so iconic lmao

    I mean, that's fair.

    I feel like it could work, but they'd have to pull it off right.

    They can't just pull another PPHead/Nemesis mechanic based around "Oh, you like looping? How about no.". He would have to be some sort of stealth-oriented Killer, or have some WILDLY unique feature if he is yet ANOTHER chase Killer.

    After all, we have, what, 10 of those, now?

  • @JohnnyB87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407453#Comment_2407453

    I don't even know why killer complain about this....it's an easy perk to counter.

    Other then trapper.*

    Its really stupid that a perk can turn a killer's power against them like Dead hard can against trapper.

    It also goes against their stated new design principles of having a perk hard counter a killer's power entirely(The whole iron will change is a mess I don't want to touch).

  • @DarKaron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407882#Comment_2407882

    I mean, that's fair.

    I feel like it could work, but they'd have to pull it off right.

    They can't just pull another PPHead/Nemesis mechanic based around "Oh, you like looping? How about no.". He would have to be some sort of stealth-oriented Killer, or have some WILDLY unique feature if he is yet ANOTHER chase Killer.

    After all, we have, what, 10 of those, now?

    Yeah idk what other kind of killer they can make. Really it is just about finding mid-way points at this point. We have so many killers after all. Finding a mix between ___ and ___ is really all they can do I bet.

  • Well I've already quit killer long term because of its terrible state. But if they ever punish, nerf, or remove swf I'm completley done with this game.

  • another update that was as broken as the Resident Evil chapter

    im already not playing much as is, but another chapter like that would probably put the nail in the coffin

  • Two things:

    1. Issues in the game that’ll make it completely unplayable. And I mean, completely.
    2. Losing all of my progress by any means.
  • If they gave survivors built in audio communication its basically expected froma swf group but once all players could talk with no penalty i would say ok im done as killers cant compete with that ultimately

  • @Babawizwiz said:

    Besides the obvious answer (technical reasons), what would make u stop playing the game completely until it is changed?

    Im a mid 2020 player so the most annoying things so far are the constant tech issues, but in terms of perks/killers i haven't experienced anything too broken (like old legion). Right now the only thing that bothers me is RPD and i would 9/10 dc if i get that map as half the killer roster

    I'm thinking of taking a break because killer was fun at the beginning, now it's just a sweatfest, the devs in this game are so ignorant to what goes on when you're a high ranking killer. There's too many overpowered survivor perks compared to killer perks, Some killer perk benefits are so horrible it's laugh worthy, they make you work for the tiniest reward when you look at it. Maybe if they actually balance out the way killer plays and adjust the maps so every chase isnt a loopathon, it's just not fun gameplay for what it's supposed to be.

  • I honestly think the only reason why I would stop this game is the poor optimization. The game balance and the "occasional" unhealthy behavior from players does bother me but it won't make me quit cause unlike my frames, those things are getting better even if it is at a very slow pace.

  • I don't think I'd ever fully stop playing because of the trophies, but something that would make me not want to play is if I lose all my progress or my three favorite Killers (Doc, Wraith, and Nemesis) lose their inventory somehow. I would also be unable to get it back. I'd just get as many of the remaining trophies as I can (on both PS4 and PS5 versions) and then just quit until new ones out. Then I'd just finish those, quit, and go back to waiting.

  • Hackers finally realizing how terrible the anticheat is. And thats started to sort of happen recently, theres been more and more and we KNOW bhvr won't do jack-squat until were up to our damn chest in them. Thats when i'll finally quit, and i already foresee it from miles away.

  • @CheeseAnton said:

    I have no idea, I'm still playing even after they terribly messed up Ace (seriously can not underestimate how much he got screwed from the character updates, aside from Kate he's the only survivor I think got worse. I literally changed mains because of that update).

    i don't wanna call you out or anything but it's just a survivor model, it doesn't matter which survivor you main they're all just skins

  • @JPA said:

    Probably more updates which just add new Killers/perks rather than fixing the massive balancing issues present in the game, or adding something significant like a new game mode or large new set of maps. O wait...

    Already uninstalled twice this week so might stay off for a good while now.

    Aw man, i guess this would be my final straw as well. We'll see how long i can take it

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    If they remove Claudette I’ll quit.

    Also, I’m actually burned out of this game. They really haven’t done anything interesting or different in the last year.

    The anniversary event was a major letdown after they promised us they were going to focus their effort on it and Halloween at the cost of not having other events. The last few killers seemed uninspired.

    Trickster, really no need for an explanation for him, The Twins release was terrible, Nemesis feels uninspired, they just cashed in on the Resident Evil brand and gave console an unplayable chapter with the most unfun map ever. Blights collision bug makes him unplayable for a lot of people, Nurses bugs are obviously being ignored, survivors getting stuck or teleporting back to places they’ve run past, Huntress hitting survivors with invisible blimps and I could go on and on.

    The one thing this game has for it is it’s one of a kind. No other game is like it and it’s hard to get the same feeling of victory in another game that you get here. I also love the teamwork that happens when playing survivor.

    I just wish the Devs weren’t beholden to their corporate overlords and shareholders. They really need to take at least 6 months to work on fixing the games code and balancing maps to be fair for both sides. They also need to take risks and change up the core mechanics, even if temporarily on select weekends. But I doubt it’ll happen.

    At the very least, I wish they’d hire a bunch of recent college graduates and pay with to rewrite the game from the ground up. That way, they can continue to make money off of the live game while also overhaul everything with a future chapter.

    i remember the devs in the recent 5th anniv stream mentioned that they conduct focus groups to get opinions from trusted players, wonder who participates in them lmao

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    Any more chapter genres like Kpop or things that aren't associated with horror such as touching a pigs nose. Its losing its horror element and becoming a colourful party game.

    i've never looked at it that way, but you're right. We've been getting more of these 'meme-ish' things

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    When they nerf Trapper it’s time for everyone to jump ship.

    that would be pretty annoying if they were to nerf already weak killers

  • @AuroraOnline said:

    I stopped playing just before nemesis went live. I'm done with killers being released that aren't strong/ fun to play as but also have such strong anti loop that the only way to win against them is to "genrush" and hold w and pre drop pallets. I feel like the fun part of the game is the looping, as survivor right now it feels brainless and boring which is frustrating, and as killer it feels like even though my chases are short the guns are done by the time I get a 1k.

    You're right, sometimes even if you're pressuring survivors and ending chases fast, gens will still fly very fast due to bad maps with their terrible rngs

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407442#Comment_2407442

    ^^This. I’m just burnt out and like I feel the game is progressively getting boring or worse despite the updates and content they’re bringing.

    I agree and the devs keep bringing repetitive events that are intended for us to play more, but we don't want to cause we're burnt out

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    I don't think I'd ever fully stop playing because of the trophies, but something that would make me not want to play is if I lose all my progress or my three favorite Killers (Doc, Wraith, and Nemesis) lose their inventory somehow. I would also be unable to get it back. I'd just get as many of the remaining trophies as I can (on both PS4 and PS5 versions) and then just quit until new ones out. Then I'd just finish those, quit, and go back to waiting.

    Adept hunting in dbd is pretty fun and is one of the few things that got me playing

  • Honestly if mmr really does nothing and matchmaking is still poo I'm 95% sure quitting

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    Honestly if mmr really does nothing and matchmaking is still poo I'm 95% sure quitting

    With how fast the devs are updating things, we're gonna get mmr in 2023

  • @Babawizwiz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407395#Comment_2407395

    i don't wanna call you out or anything but it's just a survivor model, it doesn't matter which survivor you main they're all just skins

    I tried thinking of a reply for a while but instead I feel like I can only ask a question to respond.

    If Survivors are all just models and are the same (which they technically are), could you play as a Default Meg every time you play Survivor and be happy looking at that for over a thousand hours? It's just a survivor model, you are not losing any advantages by playing Default Meg, she's the same as every other Survivor Statistically and she still has the ability to use 4 perks and items and offerings, just instead of which survivor you play they are now Default Meg, do you think you could do that without switching survivors (outside of Dailies or specific character required rift challenges) or changing cosmetics?

    That's why cosmetics are "important," technically have no effect on the game but still goes long ways when it comes to giving players enjoyment.

  • To me, it would be if they somehow ruined the game for me. It can take a lot, of course. Only thing they did so far was nerf Decisive Strike to the point where it became barely usable. And how they deal with bad sports on the game. I'm still going to play it, but if I ever end up not wanting to play anymore, only way I can continue playin when I'm officially done with it, is if they have "Offline Solo Mode" for survivor and killer. And maybe a local 2 player split screen for both rolls? I don't know, I mean, I spent a ton of money on this game. And haven't we all...

  • @Babawizwiz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407477#Comment_2407477

    i've never looked at it that way, but you're right. We've been getting more of these 'meme-ish' things

    This game is a giant meme. People are entitled to that and some of it is fun, but just look at the twitter page and tell me its an asymmetrical horror game. I love dbd and I'm not even close to not playing

  • If you hate the reworked maps with a burning passion, why dont you just burn their offerings?



    Trust me, it will help..

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407389#Comment_2407389

    If you hate the reworked maps with a burning passion, why dont you just burn their offerings?

    Trust me, it will help..

    Way too late now. I will never see those maps again.

  • Licenses I don't want or have moral issues with.

    There is a movie series BHVR has said they won't work with and if they ever do, even after the director's death, I'd be genuinely disgusted because that means they went against their word as well as continued to support a horrible person even after death.

    Other than that, completely game breaking bugs and perks/killer combinations that makes it so the game is COMPLETELY unplayable on either side. And BHVR just outright ignores it completely.

  • If they added animals, like dogs or cats etc.

  • If it went non-horror.

    The horror genre is the main thing keeping me invested.

  • Nerfing the Reverse Bear Trap's lethality. Well, maybe it wouldn't get me to STOP per se, but that would come the closest to making that happen.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407468#Comment_2407468

    Other then trapper.*

    Its really stupid that a perk can turn a killer's power against them like Dead hard can against trapper.

    It also goes against their stated new design principles of having a perk hard counter a killer's power entirely(The whole iron will change is a mess I don't want to touch).

    Don't trap pallets or windows...there are much better places to set traps where dead hard isn't effective. Dead Hard definitely does not counter trapper in the least if trapper is played correctly. Hell Trapper is the easiest to use Dead Hard against the person who used it.

1 2 3 4