Survivor Mains Why do you click your flashlights on killers who arn't toxic

What reason is ther to click the flashlight, i get if thekiller was toxic click away but some of yall just do it at eveer pallet or window or anything and i dont understand why.


Please help me understand

Comments

  • It to get your attention that why. If a survivor does it don't bothered with them. I like to assert my dominance on them tho.

  • Some survivors just want to show you that sick click click macro they are using.

  • I do it to keep your attention on me and not the other survivors who might suck at looping. Nothing like a slugfest when the killer finds out that the rest suck at the game lol.

  • @katoptris said:

    It to get your attention that why. If a survivor does it don't bothered with them. I like to assert my dominance on them tho.

    Yeah but, thats the thing other than a quick glance im not gonna pay attention to the guy spamming his flashy at me cause chances are that guy is good at looping

    Like to me all clicky does is tell me that your either a good player or an arsehole

  • @TheVolgun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096016#Comment_2096016

    Yeah but, thats the thing other than a quick glance im not gonna pay attention to the guy spamming his flashy at me cause chances are that guy is good at looping

    Like to me all clicky does is tell me that your either a good player or an arsehole

    You asked for the reason and that is my answer.

  • I don’t use flashlights nor do I click but if I knew my clicking would draw attention away from the person you’re tunnelling I’d do it

  • @TheVolgun said:

    What reason is ther to click the flashlight, i get if thekiller was toxic click away but some of yall just do it at eveer pallet or window or anything and i dont understand why.

    Please help me understand

    Yes because all survivor mains do this... eyeroll. If you are a killer and play 1,000 matches that means you would potentially interact with 4,000 survivors - of the roughly 30,000 players who play survivor - daily. So once again - generalizing what survivors/survivor mains do is a broad generalization to say the least.

    The only time I have ever "clicked" my flashlight was to try and blind the killer. Am I survivor main? Technically - no - I play roughly 60% of the time as killer so I have "only" played about 1,900 hours as a survivor.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/241493/survivor-mains-why-do-you-click-your-flashlights-on-killers-who-arnt-toxic

    Yes because all survivor mains do this... eyeroll. If you are a killer and play 1,000 matches that means you would potentially interact with 4,000 survivors - of the roughly 30,000 players who play survivor - daily. So once again - generalizing what survivors/survivor mains do is a broad generalization to say the least.

    The only time I have ever "clicked" my flashlight was to try and blind the killer. Am I survivor main? Technically - no - I play roughly 60% of the time as killer so I have "only" played about 1,900 hours as a survivor.

    Thank you

    Not every survivor main is like this. Stop making hasty generalization.

  • They want you to chase them. Don't take the bait, but make them chase you instead with their flashlights.

  • Flashlight clicking and t bagging doesn’t bother me. As long as they don’t hold my game hostage then I don’t care.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Very well, allow me to psychically poll every survivor main with my titanic omnimind until we reach a consensus on why this happens.

  • I like people who chase me doing the clicky clicky, it tells me they are there and I don't have to worry about them doing a gen. They're literally being useless to their team with their arrogance... and they usually pay for it when I find the teammate they're trying to protect and mercilessly beat the snot out of them.

    Take a hint, if the killer isn't taking the bait, go do something else - you're a detriment to your team.

  • I can't blind killers for the life of me, but if they ever hear me clicking it's usually me showing people where gens and totems are or just really excitedly clicking because something cool happened either in game or irl

  • IMO it's only toxic if they click or teabag at the exit gates, that's when it's REALLY bm.

  • Flashlight clicking isn't necessarily meant to be toxic, it's meant to get the killer to chase them. I consider these survivors the "designated distraction": they are there to waste my time while the other survivors pump out gens. That is why, when a survivor flashlight-clicks or teabags, I turn and walk in the opposite direction, immediately returning to patrolling gens.

    Sometimes flashlight-clickers have one of the "Get chased by the killer for 180 seconds" Daily Rituals to do.

  • I never do this, and would never. Unless the Killer is face camping.

    But then I would need to be running a Flashlight. And I never run a flashlight.

  • You shouldn't ask this here. The forums is mostly made of killer mains. Only a few ballsy survivors and both sides players will actually talk here.

  • @Zixology said:

    You shouldn't ask this here. The forums is mostly made of killer mains. Only a few ballsy survivors and both sides players will actually talk here.

    I don't think this is true. Like, at all. 🤷‍♀️

  • @Zixology said:

    You shouldn't ask this here. The forums is mostly made of killer mains. Only a few ballsy survivors and both sides players will actually talk here.

    Most here play both sides. Very few main specific roles on either side. This is true across probably all forums/platforms just because that is how it is in game too.

  • @Sushi_x2099 said:

    Killer mains why do you need to camp and tunnel survivors and dont give bullshit excuse its strategy cause incompetent dbd devs who are trash at this game say so

    Because I like to win :D

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    Flashlight clicking isn't necessarily meant to be toxic, it's meant to get the killer to chase them. I consider these survivors the "designated distraction": they are there to waste my time while the other survivors pump out gens. That is why, when a survivor flashlight-clicks or teabags, I turn and walk in the opposite direction, immediately returning to patrolling gens.

    Sometimes flashlight-clickers have one of the "Get chased by the killer for 180 seconds" Daily Rituals to do.

    I've personally not really had this experience with flashlight survivors.

    Most people in red ranks who bring flashlights will not try to go for flashlight saves or even use it for me to get their attention to chase them. They use it to BM in chase. You dead hard to a pallet and drop it? BM and flashlight click. You pallet stun? Flashlight click to BM. You're at the exit gates and you know you can make it out? Flashlight BM.

    It's ######### cringey.

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    I do it to keep your attention on me and not the other survivors who might suck at looping. Nothing like a slugfest when the killer finds out that the rest suck at the game lol.

    I did it once to take the attention away from the survivor who was getting tunneled real hard and I ended getting hit on the hook for it.

  • The only time I ever click my flashlight at the killer is when they are completely dominating my teammates, and drop chase on me after 15-20s.

    I really don't enjoy games where my teammates all get 3-hooked before I've even sat on the hook once. I make an effort to take aggro from the killer, but often times the killer knows its so much easier to turn and down my teammates in seconds.

    Its infuriating, because its all out of my control. So me clicking my flashlight is my small way of "taking back control."

  • hahahahaha sum1 got butt hurt over my comment and deleted it what a salty entitled pleb

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/241493/survivor-mains-why-do-you-click-your-flashlights-on-killers-who-arnt-toxic

    Yes because all survivor mains do this... eyeroll. If you are a killer and play 1,000 matches that means you would potentially interact with 4,000 survivors - of the roughly 30,000 players who play survivor - daily. So once again - generalizing what survivors/survivor mains do is a broad generalization to say the least.

    The only time I have ever "clicked" my flashlight was to try and blind the killer. Am I survivor main? Technically - no - I play roughly 60% of the time as killer so I have "only" played about 1,900 hours as a survivor.

    FINALLY someone realizes that nice survivor mains are there Not all of us are toxic mofos

  • @GannTM said:

    Flashlight clicking and t bagging doesn’t bother me. As long as they don’t hold my game hostage then I don’t care.

    What do you do when they really go over the line and show some bad manner?

  • Bad manners most of the time. They want to flex how “good” they are in this game by bullying weak killers via broken matchmaking.

    Often these survivors are the one who DC on first down.

  • @TheVolgun said:

    What reason is ther to click the flashlight, i get if thekiller was toxic click away but some of yall just do it at eveer pallet or window or anything and i dont understand why.

    Please help me understand

    Because that's the only action their two remaining braincells are capable of doing!

    It's not easy playing normally, when your family tree is a circle.

  • @celesteismore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096030#Comment_2096030

    I did it once to take the attention away from the survivor who was getting tunneled real hard and I ended getting hit on the hook for it.

    Its a team-based game. Sometimes you have to swap hooks with someone to keep them in the game. If everyone played like a pure solo, there would rarely be a game won since tunneling and camping would be the ultimate win for killer. The reason its not is because most survivors know when to take the heat off of another. That's just good game sense.

  • To show how their family poorly raised them ;)

  • Well it's not always the reason but

    Click, click, click I'm showing you my ...


    Ignore them and go for the gens

  • Because they are adult kids.

  • @katoptris said:

    It to get your attention that why. If a survivor does it don't bothered with them. I like to assert my dominance on them tho.

    Keep in mind that some people have photosensitivity issues (me included) and if you do this to excess, you can make it very difficult for us to keep playing.

    I know that if I get a really aggressive clicker, I end up with a migraine and nausea.

  • Dear Killer Mains

    Why do you face camp me just because I looped you for 5 gens?

  • @Oscarnator said:

    Dear Killer Mains

    Why do you face camp me just because I looped you for 5 gens?

    I think it's because they like you, they want to spend the whole game with you, why else would they keep chasing you for 5 gens?

  • A) People are toxic or not. It is not necessarily in response to someone being toxic to them.

    B) They want you to focus on them because they are likely good loopers in a good location and want to waste your time. Focus on the other players unless you have some advantage over the clicker.

  • as killer man i can tell you that once you start clicking no one else in the match exists. I will bleed you on the ground. My reasoning? you obviously wanted my full attention.

  • Probably for the same reason killers hit me on the hook and nod even tho I didn't bm them and don't use flashlights.

  • To get their attention, or to shift momentum

    You can 360 a bit easier since your able to instantly turn your character around

  • @PlayBothSideBruh said:

    To show how their family poorly raised them ;)

    Clearly they didnt do a good job on you either

  • @Shaped said:

    Probably for the same reason killers hit me on the hook and nod even tho I didn't bm them and don't use flashlights.

    It is gameplay tactics and not at all toxic from what I understand. Only the best players need that to get the edge in a party game.

  • Low selfesteem/high egos make for a power trip. Just another toxic player. Anybody who claims they do it for 'the chase' are probably the same people that wait out two minutes at the gates claiming 'to give you bloodpoints.'

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2763885#Comment_2763885

    It is gameplay tactics and not at all toxic from what I understand. Only the best players need that to get the edge in a party game.

    Yeah. They just want to get in my head.

    It is a valid strategy until it happens to them. Then it is x side being toxic.

    @Rivyn said:

    Low selfesteem/high egos make for a power trip. Just another toxic player. Anybody who claims they do it for 'the chase' are probably the same people that wait out two minutes at the gates claiming 'to give you bloodpoints.'

    Tbf I was doing that but not that long. Only if the killer is nearby.

    But I changed my mind about it after I saw it bothers a lot of people so I stopped completely.

    I just leave now unless a teammate needs help.

  • Why do killers slap and nod at me on the hook when all I did was run them for more then a few seconds? People are just unhappy and want to bring the same to others

  • @glitchboi said:

    IMO it's only toxic if they click or teabag at the exit gates, that's when it's REALLY bm.

    Or when they are an optimal sfw and others smash your gens.

  • I get survivors doing it to me when I'm playing survivor as the killer quite a bit I don't think it's intentional BM as much as it is ADHD tbh.

‹ 1 2