DS but let us TAP a generator

tapping a gen shouldnt remove DS it should make it lose its time like 8x faster or like 12% faster while doing something that currently removes it this would allow you to tap a generator but you wopuld lose it fast for working on it. Tapping a generator is strategic if you pallet stun and there is a gen around like (2m) i would 99.9% of the times go for a .1sec tap to stop it from regressing now tell me why that should break an perk made for anti tunneling? and give me a good reason why you shouldn't be able to tap a generator while getting chased in this case tunneled... now i dont hear survivors crying about noed. Now i understand that DS isnt really skillbased which is pretty sad but just the tapping thing really bugs me. I dont see a reason why you shouldnt be able to tap a generator. right now its possible to have a generator regress for 50 sec because you couldnt tap it and teammates are doing other gens i understand if working on it removes DS fine but being on it for half a second doenst mean that u arent getting tunneled!

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066530#Comment_2066530

    You tap a gen at 0, then another survivor works on it, then the killer comes back for a pop proc or just to regress it, that 1% you did lets them pop the gen before you down them. That progress still matters.

    Facts are facts, 1% progression is still progression. Whether they escaped or not doesn't matter. That 1 second could be an adrenaline proc, that 1 second is still progress, that "tap" is still progress.

    What's absurd is when you choose to lose your DS and then you complain that you lost it. Just don't touch the gen. What's absurd is trying to say "its not considered progression" when it is literally progression.

    Too lazy to do it, but someone should make a meme of a wounded survivor working on a generator with the killer coming for them, and put the caption "This is not objective progression", like in that "This is not a pipe" painting.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/238558/ds-but-let-us-tap-a-generator

    Have you heard of the term "Risk Decisions"?

    DS now has a risk factor to it that is 100% up to survivor's.

    You knew you were being tunneled and you knew even tapping the gen was gonna disable DS. You chose to stop a gen from regressing instead of using a extra life to stay alive longer, which resulted in you going back up on the hook and getting the gen kicked again. And now here you are upset that you took the wrong risk.

    Game. Set. Match.

  • Back to the original point -- as others have said, I think the idea is that the survivor is supposed to have to choose between risking the gen or risking themselves. I don't think there was really meant to be an option where we didn't risk anything, which is why DS was changed.

    I almost never play with DS, so my normal unhook procedure is to hobble off to somewhere safe and try to get healed. If I choose instead to run to the regressing gen in front of me and start repairs, I realize that I'm taking a big risk -- the killer might come back and down me again. But that's a choice I get to make, based on what I think will ultimately help my chances to escape the most. I can also decide to tap the gen and run away, if I think I have enough time to do it. Again, the risk/reward decision is up to me.

    IMO, running DS shouldn't change the way you make those decisions -- it should just help you in a situation where you don't get to make the decision at all, because the killer's right on top of you again before you have a chance to run away.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066476#Comment_2066476

    @Marcavecunc

    Nobody is talking about old Ruin. We are talking about what helps the team with progression to their objective, and a gen sitting at 0% isn't progression.

    If it at 0% why tap it then? Makes no sense to tap it mid chase if the killer is on ya ass

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Every killer player on here who thinks tapping means a survivor isn’t being tunneled doesn’t actually understand how tunneling works.

    Let me repeat this for the 1000th time. You do not have to have just come off hook in order to be tunneled. You could have merely 10 seconds AGO been unhooked, that killer has already tracked you down and you’ve already lost your DS.

    I don’t think you guys understand that there is always context to every single time a killer wants to tunnel someone out. It isn’t cookie cutter to every situation.

    If tapping a gen takes away the 30 seconds you had left on your timer, that you spent trying to find a safe place, only for the killer to track you down then those 30 seconds should remain intact.

    Just like you guys don’t have to worry about everyone having DS, because you want to camp at your leisure, we shouldn’t have to worry about tapping a gen at 1% ffs.

    But there is also killer context in the big picture. A lot of the time I do really try to not tunnel but sometimes survivors get unlucky or they start pushing it.

    Sometimes the team makes a bad play or sometimes your whole team dissappears and unfortunately you run into me 30 seconds later. I can't ignore you.

    It's one thing to intentionally tunnel someone but it's another when you make a mistake or a bad play so your punished for it.

    On the matter of gen tapping, it's your own fault for doing it and it's your fault if you get downed for it. If your so worried about your ds then the simple solution is don't gen tap.

  • @Thatgurl_again said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2063531#Comment_2063531

    Yes it did need a nerf because of swf. Now a problem stands with solo q

    I only ever play solo q now everything is tunnel city

    I just wanna play the game without having to run meta!!! >^<

    Then play a non multiplayer game.

    Any multiplayer game requires you to play meta to be viable. Everything from League to Yugioh to WoW.

  • @aliquis said:

    They should have made the DS change not that drastic.

    The issue with DS was that (mostly swf) used it offensivly , go for save unhooks (with DS timer up), bullying the killer, doing gens in his face etc.

    I think if they somehow made it that if you perform any action for 1-2 second inside the terror radius or within 30 m or something of the killer, then the timer should deactivate. Only bad players will now run DS, who wants a perk that demands you to do nothing for 60s to give you a chance to stun the killer only if he really comes, downs and picks you up in that timeframe? You dont know if the killer will tunnel you or not when you get unhooked most of the time. Killers switch aggro all the time, they are searching . You wont know if the killer comes to you or not, if he gets in the mood to tunnel or not.

    The killer can be in a chase with a good looper not too far from the hook, notices that you get unhooked and decides, nah that the good looper is such a hassle, i ll search the guy that just got unhooked, he went down fast during the first chase, i ll tunnel him out of the game to get a easy win, if the guy has touched a gen or healed in the mean time even if he has the new DS, it doesnt matter, then i dont even need to wait a second to pick him up

    The impact of the changes will be: SWF will adapt and not use DS anymore, now they cant bully the killer anymore, a much welcomed thing.

    The problem comes with the solo q player. A guy gets unhooked and runs away to heal or start a gen. The killer comes in his direction (maybe coincidence, maybe on purpose because he searched for the poor guy to tunnel him out of the game) People will not use the new DS, but even if they did, the killer can tunnel him (which he could with the old DS too) and doesnt even need to wait a second to pick him up(sees that he touched a gen or healed). We will definitly see a lot more tunneling for the average soloq player.

    If they are switching aggro then they arent tunneling and DS isn't meant to be used against them. You chose a perk that wouldn't benefit you that round. It sucks, but it had been abused aggressively for far too long and now it has been made for it's intended purpose.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065222#Comment_2065222

    If you're not healthy, have DS up, work on something, and get downed 5 seconds later?

    Yeah, that's totally on you for not getting to an advantageous position or the healthy state before intentionally performing an action that you KNOW will deactivate your DS.

    I'd hate to be the one to break it to you - The reason DS was nerfed was because it DIDN'T de-activate in scenarios like this and several others that provided free progression without repercussion. Try looking at what the survivor is doing/did before jumping to the same old tired responses. The killer downed someone that was unhooked within the last minute whose DS has been deactivated prematurely - How would that occur?

    Glad you're entertained, though - That's certainly one way to feel about this dialogue @_@

    Never even got a reply :(

  • @Boss said:

    Probably will sound like bias from a pure Killer player, but i like that you now have to choose between the security of DS and the progress of (additional) objectives.

    And though i only play Killer, when i didn't i liked the thrill of Survivor.

    It's not really thrilling to have security and prevent regression with 1 tap.

    The perk now requires more situational awareness and its misuse/inability to use now falls squarely on survivor decision making/agency.

    If you cut all the foolish nonsense about how gen tapping shouldn't count as progression (lol) out of this topic, people are literally knowingly deactivating their DS within its active time frame and then complaining that said deactivation has lead them to a position of weakness/losing.

    It's pretty amusing, as it exposes a crazy lack of game sense and understanding regarding new DS.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066155#Comment_2066155

    The perk now requires more situational awareness and its misuse/inability to use now falls squarely on survivor decision making/agency.

    If you cut all the foolish nonsense about how gen tapping shouldn't count as progression (lol) out of this topic, people are literally knowingly deactivating their DS within its active time frame and then complaining that said deactivation has lead them to a position of weakness/losing.

    It's pretty amusing, as it exposes a crazy lack of game sense and understanding regarding new DS.

    That does appear to be the primary issue.

    Old ds was there for you whenever you needed it, no thought required.

    New ds has to be managed like any other "second chance" perk. You have to know not only how to capitalize on the stun, but when to try and keep it, vs when to leave it alone and take the hook.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067705#Comment_2067705

    That does appear to be the primary issue.

    Old ds was there for you whenever you needed it, no thought required.

    New ds has to be managed like any other "second chance" perk. You have to know not only how to capitalize on the stun, but when to try and keep it, vs when to leave it alone and take the hook.

    It's among one of the most ignorant reactions I've seen to a change in any game I've played.

  • you shouldnt always heal just like cleansing against a plague there is no point in healing against a tier 3 mayers for an example no point in healing against a good hillbily it might be better to have your dead hard

  • @Raccoon

    If I don’t reply it is simply because I have no desire to continue a conversation with players who are obviously biased towards one side that no matter what is said, they can’t even for one second forget which side they main.

    None of what you said in that reply applies to what I was talking about. None.

    We’ve gone from one extreme “abusing DS” to the other “You can’t heal for 1 second or touch a gen for 1 second” or you lose your deactivation timer. It would have been more meaningful if they actually address the core of the problem why this perk was even changed to what it is now.

    Meanwhile, Tunneling Camping and Slugging remain the same. Same a usable actions with no downside whatsoever, but sure let’s keep on adding more conditions to DS. What’s next? Playing a certain character deactivates DS, oh no I got a better one, spawning in the map deactivates DS. Yeah that one ought to do it.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067681#Comment_2067681

    @Raccoon

    If I don’t reply it is simply because I have no desire to continue a conversation with players who are obviously biased towards one side that no matter what is said, they can’t even for one second forget which side they main.

    None of what you said in that reply applies to what I was talking about. None.

    We’ve gone from one extreme “abusing DS” to the other “You can’t heal for 1 second or touch a gen for 1 second” or you lose your deactivation timer. It would have been more meaningful if they actually address the core of the problem why this perk was even changed to what it is now.

    Meanwhile, Tunneling Camping and Slugging remain the same. Same a usable actions with no downside whatsoever, but sure let’s keep on adding more conditions to DS. What’s next? Playing a certain character deactivates DS, oh no I got a better one, spawning in the map deactivates DS. Yeah that one ought to do it.

    I had a comment detailing some drawbacks for those three actions you mentioned, but I lost it after accidentally hitting Refresh. Hopefully someone else can tell you why you're wrong on that front.

    Anyway, I don't think DS deactivating under those conditions is a bad thing. If you're trying to heal, working on gens, or whatever, then either you're not being tunneled (in which case the anti-tunnel perk should not protect you), or you're making a bad/dumb play (in which case the anti-tunnel perk should not protect you).

    Tell me, why would you want to work on a generator or heal yourself if the killer is chasing you? Does that sound like something you should do?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Gen tapping shouldn't even be a thing in the first place.

    This. Survivors should have to commit to a gen for just as long as it takes a killer to kick it, in order to stop it regressing.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067681#Comment_2067681

    @Raccoon

    If I don’t reply it is simply because I have no desire to continue a conversation with players who are obviously biased towards one side that no matter what is said, they can’t even for one second forget which side they main.

    None of what you said in that reply applies to what I was talking about. None.

    We’ve gone from one extreme “abusing DS” to the other “You can’t heal for 1 second or touch a gen for 1 second” or you lose your deactivation timer. It would have been more meaningful if they actually address the core of the problem why this perk was even changed to what it is now.

    Meanwhile, Tunneling Camping and Slugging remain the same. Same a usable actions with no downside whatsoever, but sure let’s keep on adding more conditions to DS. What’s next? Playing a certain character deactivates DS, oh no I got a better one, spawning in the map deactivates DS. Yeah that one ought to do it.

    I've been maining survivor as of late - there are pictures in my recent post history showing my current survivor and killer ranks.

    @Orion

    Save your keystrokes - Dude's resorting to 'biased killer main' rhetoric now @_@

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068006#Comment_2068006

    I've been maining survivor as of late - there are pictures in my recent post history showing my current survivor and killer ranks.

    @Orion

    Save your keystrokes - Dude's resorting to 'biased killer main' rhetoric now @_@

    "now"? That was his rhetoric the entire time from what I saw. He's like a broken record, spouting the same nonsense over and over, hoping that by repeating himself enough he'll manage to convince any of us

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068006#Comment_2068006

    I had a comment detailing some drawbacks for those three actions you mentioned, but I lost it after accidentally hitting Refresh. Hopefully someone else can tell you why you're wrong on that front.

    Anyway, I don't think DS deactivating under those conditions is a bad thing. If you're trying to heal, working on gens, or whatever, then either you're not being tunneled (in which case the anti-tunnel perk should not protect you), or you're making a bad/dumb play (in which case the anti-tunnel perk should not protect you).

    Tell me, why would you want to work on a generator or heal yourself if the killer is chasing you? Does that sound like something you should do?

    @Orion

    Im currently at work but you bring up some good points. I’ll explain the context of what I meant when I have a chance to reply properly.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068006#Comment_2068006

    I've been maining survivor as of late - there are pictures in my recent post history showing my current survivor and killer ranks.

    @Orion

    Save your keystrokes - Dude's resorting to 'biased killer main' rhetoric now @_@

    @Raccoon

    Unlike you he brings up some good points that add to the conversation.

    So the only resorting i see, is you trying to piggyback off of someone else’s comment in an effort to have a mind of your own.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068141#Comment_2068141

    @Raccoon

    Unlike you he brings up some good points that add to the conversation.

    So the only resorting i see, is you trying to piggyback off of someone else’s comment in an effort to have a mind of your own.

    Another excellent attempt at dodging conversation/dialogue.

    Good job.

    If you're unable to debate or combat my points, just say so.

    There is no need to act juvenile.

  • @FlameGNG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067681#Comment_2067681

    you shouldnt always heal just like cleansing against a plague there is no point in healing against a tier 3 mayers for an example no point in healing against a good hillbily it might be better to have your dead hard

    For sure.

    I'd imagine more people will be rocking passive heals and Resillience, too.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068253#Comment_2068253

    Another excellent attempt at dodging conversation/dialogue.

    Good job.

    If you're unable to debate or combat my points, just say so.

    There is no need to act juvenile.

    @Raccoon

    You were ignored a while back, it’s not my problem that you don’t agree with what I have to say.

    I didn’t dodge anything, ignoring you isn’t dodging. Just means I don’t have any interest in further discussing with you. I’ll gladly engage with someone else though if I feel they are worth my time.

    No hard feelings.

  • @FlameGNG said:

    tapping a gen shouldnt remove DS it should make it lose its time like 8x faster or like 12% faster while doing something that currently removes it this would allow you to tap a generator but you wopuld lose it fast for working on it. Tapping a generator is strategic if you pallet stun and there is a gen around like (2m) i would 99.9% of the times go for a .1sec tap to stop it from regressing now tell me why that should break an perk made for anti tunneling? and give me a good reason why you shouldn't be able to tap a generator while getting chased in this case tunneled... now i dont hear survivors crying about noed. Now i understand that DS isnt really skillbased which is pretty sad but just the tapping thing really bugs me. I dont see a reason why you shouldnt be able to tap a generator. right now its possible to have a generator regress for 50 sec because you couldnt tap it and teammates are doing other gens i understand if working on it removes DS fine but being on it for half a second doenst mean that u arent getting tunneled!

    It took 4 years to finally balance this perk

    Deadhards turn

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068305#Comment_2068305

    @Raccoon

    You were ignored a while back, it’s not my problem that you don’t agree with what I have to say.

    I didn’t dodge anything, ignoring you isn’t dodging. Just means I don’t have any interest in further discussing with you. I’ll gladly engage with someone else though if I feel they are worth my time.

    No hard feelings.

    Sorry for not being worth your time.

    I hope you find more engaging discussions in the future.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066604#Comment_2066604

    Game mechanics have no idea of the intentions of the killer. He is chasing someone and the perk is denying player choice to stop an objective from regressing even during a chase. That is horrendous.

    This is very similiar to a person healing and the killer returns to look for the same person and tunnels. It is all still tunneling. Killer mains love the perk now because they can exploit it and tunnel. And, of course, inability to do the objective.

    Sluzzy can i ask you a question? Have you ever tried the game mode where you can play as a killer? You should try it sometime, it can be fun.

  • @Blindninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065525#Comment_2065525

    Then run decisive strike. And if your not being tunnelled then go do your thing stop complaining

    I want to be able to run what I think is fun. Now when I run ds people call me toxic and blah blah blah, in other words its just not fun. I like to run meme builds or just different than meta which is nice. But with the way killers play, I'm gonna need to run meta and than they go complaining that I actually used perks to survive

  • @jorkle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065525#Comment_2065525

    Then play a non multiplayer game.

    Any multiplayer game requires you to play meta to be viable. Everything from League to Yugioh to WoW.

    There are a ton of perks in the game. I can use what I want. But killers play scummy. There I said it omg! Its the truth. Survivors do gens killers go off the rails and say we were toxic, but we aren't. We have nothing to do and with no obsession the killer can play tunnel city. I'm ok with different play styles such as this but it does get boring when all matches are like this back to back. Now survivors are also toxic with the dang flashlight clicking and the tea bagging, I get it. But dont complain about anything if you act like this. All in trying to say is, with the rise of tunneling will come the rise of toxic survivors

    Thank you for your time

    See you in the fog :)

  • Being tunneled but needs to tap a gen. Typical.

    Why not let one of the other players, one that's not being "tunneled" do it? Is it because it has nothing to do with tunneling?

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    Being tunneled but needs to tap a gen. Typical.

    Why not let one of the other players, one that's not being "tunneled" do it? Is it because it has nothing to do with tunneling?

    "But tapping doesn't progress the game it shouldn't count!"

    Surprised he didn't use the "tap into an insta-heal shouldnt count as healing it only took half a second" as an excuse yet

  • @Thatgurl_again said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067412#Comment_2067412

    There are a ton of perks in the game. I can use what I want. But killers play scummy. There I said it omg! Its the truth. Survivors do gens killers go off the rails and say we were toxic, but we aren't. We have nothing to do and with no obsession the killer can play tunnel city. I'm ok with different play styles such as this but it does get boring when all matches are like this back to back. Now survivors are also toxic with the dang flashlight clicking and the tea bagging, I get it. But dont complain about anything if you act like this. All in trying to say is, with the rise of tunneling will come the rise of toxic survivors

    Thank you for your time

    See you in the fog :)

    "Survivors arent toxic!"

    T-bags

    *plays aggressively with DS because they know killer cant do much against that bullshit*

    blendette

    *talks ######### in post*

    Yall ruin the game and make fun of new killers but sure. Only killers are toxic and scummy and survivors are completely innocent thay can do no wrong. I got you.

  • @FlameGNG said:

    tapping a gen shouldnt remove DS it should make it lose its time like 8x faster or like 12% faster while doing something that currently removes it this would allow you to tap a generator but you wopuld lose it fast for working on it. Tapping a generator is strategic if you pallet stun and there is a gen around like (2m) i would 99.9% of the times go for a .1sec tap to stop it from regressing now tell me why that should break an perk made for anti tunneling? and give me a good reason why you shouldn't be able to tap a generator while getting chased in this case tunneled... now i dont hear survivors crying about noed. Now i understand that DS isnt really skillbased which is pretty sad but just the tapping thing really bugs me. I dont see a reason why you shouldnt be able to tap a generator. right now its possible to have a generator regress for 50 sec because you couldnt tap it and teammates are doing other gens i understand if working on it removes DS fine but being on it for half a second doenst mean that u arent getting tunneled!

    no.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Gen tapping shouldn't even be a thing in the first place.

    this right here, remove gen tapping

  • @Jukantos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2063524#Comment_2063524

    Thissss x100

    If the killer who is 1 vs 4 has to go through a 2 second animation to start the gen regressing, survivors should have to repair it for more than 0,01 seconds to stop that regression.

    Then don't just blindly kick gens when theres quite obviously survivors nearby waiting to tap it. Be smart.

    Gen kicking is actually a highly effective tactic IF you use it correctly. Kick gens in situations where you can either protect the gen or guarantee it won't be touched for a certain period without forcing a survivor to go out of their way to tap it.

  • I disagree with the notion that DS should not deactivate if you tap a gen. You're still progressing the game. The idea is that DS is an anti-tunnel perk. It is there to deter tunneling, not outright prevent it. If you're that concerned, play SWF and let your friends worry about the gens.

    The killer does get punished for tunneling. By applying all the pressure exclusively to the one survivor, it allows the other survivors to hammer out gens. DS is a further punishment to the killer as it allows the survivor a second chance to get away.

    DS was abused, and now it has been justifiably nerfed. It still functions the same as before, only now you can't progress the game without losing it.

    Naturally nothing will stop a killer from tunneling if they really want to, but it's also a bit pointless for the killer to wait ten seconds before deciding to tunnel. Why would they do this? If they're going to tunnel, they're just going to do it rather than wasting 10 seconds doing whatever they're supposed to be doing in that specific hypothetical situation.

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    Being tunneled but needs to tap a gen. Typical.

    Why not let one of the other players, one that's not being "tunneled" do it? Is it because it has nothing to do with tunneling?

    I cant think of any other way to look at it than this. Normally if I’m being tunneled touching a gen is the last thing on my mind. At that point I know the killer wants me out of the game and I need to buy as much time as possible in chase for everyone else (and to give a middle finger to the killer)

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2064665#Comment_2064665

    Then don't just blindly kick gens when theres quite obviously survivors nearby waiting to tap it. Be smart.

    Gen kicking is actually a highly effective tactic IF you use it correctly. Kick gens in situations where you can either protect the gen or guarantee it won't be touched for a certain period without forcing a survivor to go out of their way to tap it.

    Kicking a gen without a dedicated perk or build is futile 99% of the time. It take you something like 3 sec kicking it and less than half a sec to tap it as a survivor. You only kick a gen if you have a dedicated perk or know for sure nobody's around.

  • Some people don't reply when they know that their childish counter argument will get ripped to shreds. Or they can't comprehend complex argumentation. No idea who you posted to tbh.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067681#Comment_2067681

    Some people don't reply when they know that their childish counter argument will get ripped to shreds. Or they can't comprehend complex argumentation. No idea who you posted to tbh.

    It's worth reading the thread - People reallllly doubled down on some nonsense.

  • @WarmingEmbrace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066636#Comment_2066636

    Sluzzy can i ask you a question? Have you ever tried the game mode where you can play as a killer? You should try it sometime, it can be fun.

    Oh pls don't make him leave his co.fort zone and maybe get a epiphany and see the light. He might get a stroke, argument rationally and suddenly we lose our main excitement on this forums 😂

  • @FlameGNG said:

    tapping a gen shouldnt remove DS it should make it lose its time like 8x faster or like 12% faster while doing something that currently removes it this would allow you to tap a generator but you wopuld lose it fast for working on it. Tapping a generator is strategic if you pallet stun and there is a gen around like (2m) i would 99.9% of the times go for a .1sec tap to stop it from regressing now tell me why that should break an perk made for anti tunneling? and give me a good reason why you shouldn't be able to tap a generator while getting chased in this case tunneled... now i dont hear survivors crying about noed. Now i understand that DS isnt really skillbased which is pretty sad but just the tapping thing really bugs me. I dont see a reason why you shouldnt be able to tap a generator. right now its possible to have a generator regress for 50 sec because you couldnt tap it and teammates are doing other gens i understand if working on it removes DS fine but being on it for half a second doenst mean that u arent getting tunneled!

    "BuT GeN TaPpInG Is UnFaIR WhY iS SuRvIvOr JeSuS MoDe??????!!!!"

  • Ds was only useable once, i dont see why people thought it meant everyone would escape instantly. I gwt the nerf, but gen tapping is possible during chase, therefore, you could still be tunneled during it.

  • @Thatgurl_again said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065570#Comment_2065570

    I want to be able to run what I think is fun. Now when I run ds people call me toxic and blah blah blah, in other words its just not fun. I like to run meme builds or just different than meta which is nice. But with the way killers play, I'm gonna need to run meta and than they go complaining that I actually used perks to survive

    Welcome to the killer side of life with noed, bbq and other even none meta perks.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068006#Comment_2068006

    I had a comment detailing some drawbacks for those three actions you mentioned, but I lost it after accidentally hitting Refresh. Hopefully someone else can tell you why you're wrong on that front.

    Anyway, I don't think DS deactivating under those conditions is a bad thing. If you're trying to heal, working on gens, or whatever, then either you're not being tunneled (in which case the anti-tunnel perk should not protect you), or you're making a bad/dumb play (in which case the anti-tunnel perk should not protect you).

    Tell me, why would you want to work on a generator or heal yourself if the killer is chasing you? Does that sound like something you should do?


    @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068305#Comment_2068305

    @Raccoon

    You were ignored a while back, it’s not my problem that you don’t agree with what I have to say.

    I didn’t dodge anything, ignoring you isn’t dodging. Just means I don’t have any interest in further discussing with you. I’ll gladly engage with someone else though if I feel they are worth my time.

    No hard feelings.

    @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068043#Comment_2068043

    @Orion

    Im currently at work but you bring up some good points. I’ll explain the context of what I meant when I have a chance to reply properly.

    Came back to read the promised reply/explanation after being tagged earlier today....

    The results did not surprise :(

  • Gen tapping is stratstrategical, and it is posdible during chase, and it shoukd not break ds.

  • @mouse0270 said:

    My idea for this is as follows.

    Working on a gen regressing for less then 1 second will not deactivates DS. Working on any gen that isn't regress deactivates DS. I never had a problem with people stopping gen regression with DS. I had a problem with them working on it in my face because they had 60 of immunity.

    This would let DS users stop regression but not allow them to work on a generator.

    To be clear, 1 second is kinda long but I figured it was easier then saying tapping as tapping as no defined length of time.

    1 second is too little. Thats kinda pointless.

  • Imagine wanting to change to account for something that very rarely ever happens. Then consider how slow regression is in the first place, 9.9/10 times is totally irrelevant. How does a post this dumb get to 7 pages? I mean with how common Pop is, it's very likely you'll be doing the killer a favor by tapping a gen.

  • @loopsahoy said:

    Ds was only useable once, i dont see why people thought it meant everyone would escape instantly. I gwt the nerf, but gen tapping is possible during chase, therefore, you could still be tunneled during it.

    But that begs the question as to why you would do that, knowing full well that a single frame can be the difference between you getting away from the killer and getting downed. I know when I'm being tunneled I don't worry about gens, I worry about going from vault to vault and pallet to pallet. My team can handle the gens.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2077371#Comment_2077371

    But that begs the question as to why you would do that, knowing full well that a single frame can be the difference between you getting away from the killer and getting downed. I know when I'm being tunneled I don't worry about gens, I worry about going from vault to vault and pallet to pallet. My team can handle the gens.

    Why would you do that? To stop a gen from regressing

  • Nope. Losing the ability to gen tap is the price you should have to pay for using this perk effectively. It's bad enough gen tapping takes so little effort to stop regression that takes the killer considerably more time to even get started.

  • When im getting chased and i see a gen with sparks, i go to tap it and keep running so my chase is more effective and im still being 9roductive fir the team helping them do their work while i have the killer.

1 2 3 4 5