February 12th 2021, The day DBD was killed.

Patch 4.5.0 has gotta be the most miserable update dbd had every had.

clown changes did nothing, he still sucks.

why would someone play clown who needs to use his power to move 10% faster (total 125%) compared to someone like spirit who has passive recharge and moves at 176% with a max of 231% with certain addons and insanely better chase?

Survivor is also ruined because of the animations. Not only was it said that “It would not affect gameplay or movement” (which was a complete lie) they also just look so goofy. when your injured you look like donald duck who just took a dump in his pants and is trynna run to a toilet.

The dying state animations are okay, i’ll give credit for that but the rest of the animations are just shocking. Devs said they weren’t gonna revert them but that is a mistake. BHVR, you have literally LOST players because of this pisspoor update. For the sake of everyone playing this game, cut your losses and revert these animations. it’ll only do you good.

Not only that, notice how killer que times suck? that’s because no one wants to play survivor after this, you’ve just dug your own game a grave. even with better hit boxes survivor is dead.

R.I.P Dead By Daylight

14 June 2016 - 12th february 2021

Comments

  • Clown was buffed, was it enough? Probably not, but he was buffed.

    Every other problem with the update, will hopefully be fixed within a week or so.


    I don't think that's the end of the game, player count is still steady, it will take a lot more than that to do this game in. I imagine after they fix things, and announce their new content, you'll see the mood completely 180 again like always.

    I am sure someday it will make a blunder and just, interest will be so low it starts downward spiral, but I think we got a good few years left.

  • I hate to be the bearer of time news, but 2020 was a year ago. whatever changes you're complaining about that happened now, didn't kill the game 1 year ago. I'm afraid you've time-traveled one year sir. Welcome to the future.

  • I actually love the new animations. I don’t want them reverted. Some stuff could be improved / fine-tuned, but they’re definitely better than they were.

  • You forgot to show how much the game's company earns tho.


    Untitled Image


    This is a $118.6M/year business with such a ######### game like this

  • A game isn't completely dead until the developers of said game stop making content for it all together, just look at Friday the 13th for example. Dead By Daylight is still doing good, but the state of the game is starting to decline along with the player base who are getting fed up with the decisions by BHVR.

  • Just to point out, with Clown's new Antidote bottles he moves at 126.5 % | 5.06 m/s, not 125 % | 5 m/s. (4.6 * 1.1 = 5.06)

    It's still pretty slow tho, it's like base Wraith...

  • I want to start by saying I think this is silly. The game isn't dying. The updates need to come with fewer problems, if for no other reasons than our sanity and their pride, but it takes more than annoying updates to kill a game. However, to lighten the mood and carve some fun out of this situation, I played with the lyrics to Bye Bye Miss American Pie:

    A long, long time ago

    I can still remember how that game

    Used to make me smile

    And I knew if I had my chance

    That I could make those Survivors dance

    And maybe the Entity would be happy for a while

    But February made me shiver

    With every update the DEV delivered

    Bad bugs and animations we regret

    And if they’d fix them I wouldn’t bet

    I can't remember if I cried

    When I experienced the update’s lack of pride

    Something touched me deep inside

    The day Dead by Daylight died

    So, bye-bye to Perks on which we relied

    Chased Meg through Gideon; the pallets made me cry

    And them good ol' boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye

    Singin', "This'll be the day the game dies

    This'll be the day the game dies"

  • @Pig_Is_Pog said:

    Patch 4.5.0 has gotta be the most miserable update dbd had every had.

    clown changes did nothing, he still sucks.

    why would someone play clown who needs to use his power to move 10% faster (total 125%) compared to someone like spirit who has passive recharge and moves at 176% with a max of 231% with certain addons and insanely better chase?

    Survivor is also ruined because of the animations. Not only was it said that “It would not affect gameplay or movement” (which was a complete lie) they also just look so goofy. when your injured you look like donald duck who just took a dump in his pants and is trynna run to a toilet.

    The dying state animations are okay, i’ll give credit for that but the rest of the animations are just shocking. Devs said they weren’t gonna revert them but that is a mistake. BHVR, you have literally LOST players because of this pisspoor update. For the sake of everyone playing this game, cut your losses and revert these animations. it’ll only do you good.

    Not only that, notice how killer que times suck? that’s because no one wants to play survivor after this, you’ve just dug your own game a grave. even with better hit boxes survivor is dead.

    R.I.P Dead By Daylight

    14 June 2016 - 12th february 2020

    Lol i remember when people said that BHVR nerfing Billy, Nurse, Hex Ruin, and DS was going to kill this game. If a game is going to make you that mad then just delete it or shut up. Also, Clowns rework is good IF you know how to use him properly. You have to use the yellow bottles with the slowdown bottles if a survivor is far away during a chase. It works quite well if you get the hang of it.

  • Is it that hard to get a date in your title and paragraphs right? Ffs

  • The new animations look so out of place, playing survivor is literally robot simulator now.

  • *queue in violin dramatic music*

  • Feb 2020 was good for the game IIRC thats when after years of nothing they FINALLY fixed all the broken window loops

    Then a designer discovered breakable walls and decided they needed to be everywhere, and went mad with the copy and paste features. Now the maps are a travesty again.

    Rip dbd having half decent maps. It was fun while it lasted

  • Game is fine.

    The patch sucked but the sheep like me are still playing. No change in player count in fact it's even trending upwards.

    image.png

    That tail end today is a little low but it will rise up as usual.

    All I can say is I'm happy though because Survivor Queues are now instant.

  • Wait I just realized you said Feb 12, 2020, not Feb 12 2021. LOL.

  • @MrsPuddles said:

    I actually love the new animations. I don’t want them reverted. Some stuff could be improved / fine-tuned, but they’re definitely better than they were.

    After this comment I'd say that ban was well deserved

  • What is interesting is a couple of days ago Paradox released a patch that hurt one of their games and within a day they immediately rolled back the patch, apologized for losing faith with consumers/ruining the player's experiences and blamed themselves for lack of testing.

    Meanwhile here we get "we heard your feedback" and hear a list of excuses as to why their development is so difficult for them and why they had to force this patch down our throats. World wide this patch was hated in the PTB and yet the devs kept going with it. It would go so far if this company would at least try to put themselves in the shoes of the consumer.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    I want to start by saying I think this is silly. The game isn't dying. The updates need to come with fewer problems, if for no other reasons than our sanity and their pride, but it takes more than annoying updates to kill a game. However, to lighten the mood and carve some fun out of this situation, I played with the lyrics to Bye Bye Miss American Pie:

    A long, long time ago

    I can still remember how that game

    Used to make me smile

    And I knew if I had my chance

    That I could make those Survivors dance

    And maybe the Entity would be happy for a while

    But February made me shiver

    With every update the DEV delivered

    Bad bugs and animations we regret

    And if they’d fix them I wouldn’t bet

    I can't remember if I cried

    When I experienced the update’s lack of pride

    Something touched me deep inside

    The day Dead by Daylight died

    So, bye-bye to Perks on which we relied

    Chased Meg through Gideon; the pallets made me cry

    And them good ol' boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye

    Singin', "This'll be the day the game dies

    This'll be the day the game dies"

    Props for doing well on that. I honestly didnt think it would work, but good job.

  • @Pig_Is_Pog said:

    Patch 4.5.0 has gotta be the most miserable update dbd had every had.

    clown changes did nothing, he still sucks.

    why would someone play clown who needs to use his power to move 10% faster (total 125%) compared to someone like spirit who has passive recharge and moves at 176% with a max of 231% with certain addons and insanely better chase?

    Survivor is also ruined because of the animations. Not only was it said that “It would not affect gameplay or movement” (which was a complete lie) they also just look so goofy. when your injured you look like donald duck who just took a dump in his pants and is trynna run to a toilet.

    The dying state animations are okay, i’ll give credit for that but the rest of the animations are just shocking. Devs said they weren’t gonna revert them but that is a mistake. BHVR, you have literally LOST players because of this pisspoor update. For the sake of everyone playing this game, cut your losses and revert these animations. it’ll only do you good.

    Not only that, notice how killer que times suck? that’s because no one wants to play survivor after this, you’ve just dug your own game a grave. even with better hit boxes survivor is dead.

    R.I.P Dead By Daylight

    14 June 2016 - 12th february 2020

    You are so right. This game is killed. Devs made very big mistakes for this patch. I also don't like the DS nerfed.

  • @ShadowRain said:

    The new animations look so out of place, playing survivor is literally robot simulator now.

    The old animations was a robot simulator. Absolutely no flow in their movement.

  • Donald Duck doesn’t wear pants.

  • Honestly, I like the new update. The only thing I find bad about it is people like you bitching about it. It's exhausting, this is the most toxic and negative community I've ever seen and its pathetic. If you really hated the game you wouldn't play it so instead of complaining and bullying the dev's how about you give actual feedback, suggestions, and constructive criticism. You know, things they can use since "this game sucks and you should change it" isn't useful

  • Animation is only good on dying state or if survivor get hit by a killer,running look like a morning joga and being injured looks like u need to go to toilet ASAP.Yeah this update was a big failure,thats why i take a break from the game and waiting for fix

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1954373#Comment_1954373

    The old animations was a robot simulator. Absolutely no flow in their movement.

    you're insane

  • You're kidding me. Survivors actually extend their bodies before they run and as they stop, also when they crouch. They trip every once in a while when they run injured. I could go on. The only thing I don't think looks all that great is the idle animation, but I'm not complaining because the cosmetics don't stretch anymore.

  • @golubushka08 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/228236/february-12th-2020-the-day-dbd-was-killed

    You are so right. This game is killed. Devs made very big mistakes for this patch. I also don't like the DS nerfed.

    Your crutch is now balanced. Run perks that real men do, like Second Wind or Repressed Alliance.

  • Play Titanic music in the background and then people might actually feel something

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1955087#Comment_1955087

    You're kidding me. Survivors actually extend their bodies before they run and as they stop, also when they crouch. They trip every once in a while when they run injured. I could go on. The only thing I don't think looks all that great is the idle animation, but I'm not complaining because the cosmetics don't stretch anymore.

    its like the uncanny valley. A puppet can have so much personality put into it. The fact that every animation is so rigid in its range of motion makes survs feel so lifeless. Is the animation more realistic? Probably yea. Does it look more natural or lifelike? Absolutely not. Its far more robotic than it ever was

  • @Inferno427 said:

    I hate to be the bearer of time news, but 2020 was a year ago. whatever changes you're complaining about that happened now, didn't kill the game 1 year ago. I'm afraid you've time-traveled one year sir. Welcome to the future.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    Someone is stuck on 2020.

    @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    Wait I just realized you said Feb 12, 2020, not Feb 12 2021. LOL.

    My bad lmao, Just corrected the date.

  • I'm not a big fan of some of the changes. Mainly the new HUD.

    Clown was buffed so I don't see the issue other than maybe he needs a bit more.

    The new animations aren't bad so I don't really mind them, and spinning in place in a circle as a mechanic was dumb anyway. (personal opinion people are free to disagree).

    Sure the bugs but there are always bugs.

    Queue times don't seem to have changed much (for me anyway but that's very region dependent).

    Crying that the sky is falling because of a few unwanted changes and bugs is a bit much.

  • This sounds like a lot of "sky-is-falling" negative doomsaying. Time will tell, but it won't tell the story you're selling.

  • For everyone bringing up the player numbers:

    Check Warframe's numbers. Check how big the company is. Check on what platforms it runs. Check the graphics, the style, the content and the accessibility.

    And then tell me again that BHVR is doing anything 'as good as they possibly can'.

  • Funny, I played several games today. Seemed lively to me.

  • @MudSpit83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/228236/february-12th-2020-the-day-dbd-was-killed

    Lol i remember when people said that BHVR nerfing Billy, Nurse, Hex Ruin, and DS was going to kill this game. If a game is going to make you that mad then just delete it or shut up. Also, Clowns rework is good IF you know how to use him properly. You have to use the yellow bottles with the slowdown bottles if a survivor is far away during a chase. It works quite well if you get the hang of it.

    But why would I play clown when majorly of killers have anti loop that is as good or better than clown we always said clowns weakness is map pressure and they give him base wraith speed for 5s

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    Game is fine.

    The patch sucked but the sheep like me are still playing. No change in player count in fact it's even trending upwards.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8APOMOHLPMVQ/image.png

    That tail end today is a little low but it will rise up as usual.

    All I can say is I'm happy though because Survivor Queues are now instant.

    what happened on february 3rd?

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1951831#Comment_1951831

    But why would I play clown when majorly of killers have anti loop that is as good or better than clown we always said clowns weakness is map pressure and they give him base wraith speed for 5s

    Not every killer has an anti loop power, and Clowns anti loop power is instant unlike Freddy, Trapper, Hag, and Deathslinger. You need to be asleep in order for Freddys traps to work, you have to stop to put a trap down as Trapper and Hag which gives the survivor enough time to just run away, and you could only use Deathslingers gun once then you have to reload for it to work again.

  • Let me tell you I would have never thought they'd ruin the game this bad. Changing survivor locomotion for reasons I cannot possibly understand and then LYING about it. I understand the unique balance challenges these devs face but ruining surv movement and the UI is just plain incompetence.

    Out of all the issues in dbd they chose to waste time building a worse UI, worse animations and nerfing actual surv locomotion. Which ofc came with lots of bonus breaking bugs.

    And I'm sorry but "buffing" Clown was a waste of time too until they nerf unbeatable killers like Spirit and Freddy. I would barely even call it a buff. Until all killers share a similar tier, you will always see bad players using top tier killers with low skill ceilings destroying randos.


    This patch was a complete waste of time and the game as a whole is left in the worst state I've ever seen since pallet towns were a thing. Oh and the rift is overpriced boring as per usual.

  • Yeah, because bad animations ruin the game. The game is in a poor state currently because of the last update, but that is not going to killer the game. Your statement is just purely false. The twins patch was worse than this and you are saying that this is the update that will bring DBD to its knees?

  • @Yords said:

    Yeah, because bad animations ruin the game. The game is in a poor state currently because of the last update, but that is not going to killer the game. Your statement is just purely false. The twins patch was worse than this and you are saying that this is the update that will bring DBD to its knees?

    twins put the game on it’s knees, 4.5.0 slashed it in the throat and gave it the final blow.

    dbd is ruined

  • @Pig_Is_Pog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958212#Comment_1958212

    twins put the game on it’s knees, 4.5.0 slashed it in the throat and gave it the final blow.

    dbd is ruined

    Yeah, because the addition of the killer ruined the game /s. Almost no one even plays the twins btw and all of the bugs that came with that patch have been fixed. The final blow is definitely not this patch either, we are just in yet another bad spot. You realize that there are still plenty of other killers that are played right?

  • @Moundshroud said:

    I want to start by saying I think this is silly. The game isn't dying. The updates need to come with fewer problems, if for no other reasons than our sanity and their pride, but it takes more than annoying updates to kill a game. However, to lighten the mood and carve some fun out of this situation, I played with the lyrics to Bye Bye Miss American Pie:

    A long, long time ago

    I can still remember how that game

    Used to make me smile

    And I knew if I had my chance

    That I could make those Survivors dance

    And maybe the Entity would be happy for a while

    But February made me shiver

    With every update the DEV delivered

    Bad bugs and animations we regret

    And if they’d fix them I wouldn’t bet

    I can't remember if I cried

    When I experienced the update’s lack of pride

    Something touched me deep inside

    The day Dead by Daylight died

    So, bye-bye to Perks on which we relied

    Chased Meg through Gideon; the pallets made me cry

    And them good ol' boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye

    Singin', "This'll be the day the game dies

    This'll be the day the game dies"

    I'm so glad somebody did this. Legit right when I saw the title of this discussion I thought of the day the music died.

  • @lexihvh said:

    You forgot to show how much the game's company earns tho.

    https://b.catgirlsare.sexy/FIJc6XR0.png

    This is a $118.6M/year business with such a ######### game like this

    202K?! I gotta move to Canada.

  • February 12th, 2021 The Day The Player Base Said The Game Is Dead For The 5th Major Update In A Row

    This right here is the most expected post of the update at this point. 4.6.0 you and a bunch of others are going to say the same thing again.