The next killer has to be OP.
I say this since I do not want something weak and similar like what happened with Twins and Blight, both are the least seen killers at the same level as Plague.
I say this since I do not want something weak and similar like what happened with Twins and Blight, both are the least seen killers at the same level as Plague.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
On Console, yeah Blight is pretty bad but I thought we all agreed that Blight was pretty good on PC?
Yeah, the Twins suck tho
I wouldn't say Blight is weak but at all but I tend to play him a bunch, however the Twins... Yeah uh who are they? LMAO
We don't talk about the Twins. The Blight tho, I love that drug addicted elderly man.
The devs have stated they are afraid to make strong killers. Even if they do. As soon as word gets out and enough people buy the dlc. They will nerf it.
^^
Alchemist ring blight is amazing when you are not getting screwed over by collisionless objects
When did they state that? Also I disagree we got Oni Slinger pyramid head and blight who were Amazing killers even though Slinger is not top tier people really hate him and there very strong but I do agree they don’t won’t to make another nurse cause nowadays they would never make a killer like nurse anymore
Both killers are actually really strong so this thread is really stupid...
In fact, this is what they said - that a Killer like Nurse will not be released again, which is understandable, since she is a design failure and impossible to balance. The only thing that "balances" her is that not everyone has the patience to learn her (and that there are alternatives to her which only require a fraction of practice).
But they release strong Killers, and aside from Twins, every Killer in 2020 was strong. If we look at 2019, Plague, Ghostface and Demo are at least decent while Oni is strong. So the last two years had solid Killers (aside from The Twins).
I remember them saying it in a stream years ago.
I mean we've had some pretty good killers recently.
Twins, pyramid, slinger and blight on PC are all very good killers. I don't think we really need another nurse or spirit unless they really think out how to design them in a fair way.
Smh, no they don't.
What?!?!?! Blight is the 3rd best killer in the game. And the Twins are A tier.
It's been a while since they've released a killer that was straight up weak from a function perspective. You'd have to go back to Plague, honestly. Plague just kind of needs a half rework in terms of the cleansing mechanic and how she obtains Corrupt Purge. She's not that far off.
But anyway, I trust them to more or less get the strength right at this point. I was super wrong on the Twins at release. They're very much a brain over brawn killer, so their strength wasn't immediately obvious.
If they do release an OP killer, it would just be nerfed to hell two weeks later.
Then cue the ripoff threads.
Wait the telwins were a killer I thought it was bugged survivor that shrinks gets stuck and can't do anything
I forgot about blight, I said it and did it in reference to how it was before in the PTB, also in mentioning that it is no longer seen much in games like Twins and Plague. I agree that Blight is strong, but at PTB he was disgusting.
Blight yes, Twins I don't think so, no one plays with them anymore and the truth is that almost half of the community doesn't like them and considers them weak like this patch.
you wanna give survivor mains one more reason to complain? lol
For a game called Dead by Daylight and all their marketing seems to be about killers being oppressive and scary to face, that's pretty sad.
I feel like it's overall better when the devs release a killer that is OP, and then tweak them for the sake of balance over the next couple of updates, instead of releasing them underpowered, and ignoring them for months/years before making any changes. We've seen this many times, like when Blight, Pyramid Head, and Spirit first came out and they had add-ons and gameplay mechanics that made them very OP, but were tweaked for balance literally 1 patch later, whereas Clown, Freddy, Plague, Pig, Demogorgon, etc, were all released underpowered as hell, and we've had to wait 2-3+ years for just the first 2 of these characters to get any changes.
I believe the reason why this happens is simple: If the killer is OP, survivors ######### and moan constantly about them until the devs do something about it, whereas if they are a pushover, survivors don't complain enough, and the killer players who play them are in such a minority that their complaints largely go unheard.
Twins are not weak.
They're not fun.
How about not making them op but making them viable?
I hope it's op too, but for a different reason. I want it to be so busted that it even brings old killers back to the game just to enjoy it. and then I want it nerfed into the ground after they all paid for it on top of the way the mmr will handle swf just so that the game can reach it's final ultimatum. make or break. The final countdown. the final countdown.
Blight is extremely common and is a rather strong killer.
Don't know what you're talking about.
Blight is a contender for top 5 killers for a lot of people, and he is pretty new.
Some people just want to watch the world burn I guess
Actually agree. I play both sides and seriously think that there needs to be a killer that actually gives survivors the run around instead of the other way around.
Indeed I do, but it isn't my fault.
Ormond as blight is fun
That’s gotta be some quote or something right? Otherwise: seek help, that can’t be a healthy lifestyle. Don’t blame others for your personality
Hopefully get a descent killer. Blight is only good on PC. Twins are so weak they're not worth playing.
It's a quote from a book I probably can't mention on here.
You can PM me I guess.. why wouldn’t you be able to mention a book though?
That was not the response I wanted, I was joking around, and do not intend to end up on one of this administration's "we have no sense of humor" lists so I'm gonna let that joke go.
Twins are not weak. Twins are mega weak only if you fairplay with them. If you don't slug, you will lose pressure, because it takes too much time swapping from victor and going for a downed survivor with Charlotte. You have to down with victor and then go for other survivors.
Sorry not a native English speaker, sometimes jokes fly above my head i guess..
It was an admittedly dark one I shouldn't have been trying to make anyways actually. I have a twisted sense of humor as I've had it put sometimes, especially when in person i can keep a straight face and it's difficult to tell when I'm joking or being serious. I get a kick out of it but unfortunately am gonna have to slow down on it because the world sucks. I've been thinking about other ways to channel it and try and make it profitable, which would be more practical anyways I guess.
While I was exaggerating in the first post btw, it could be healthy for the game for people to on a larger scale recognize the unhealthy trends in this game so they could respond on a large enough scale to get the devs to think about what they're doing wrong. If enough kilelrs were PO enough that the devs had to do something about it to save the game, the game could turn out betetr for everybody eventually as a result. I was hoping friday the 13th would have provided healthy enough competition that both games would be good in the end but stupid copyright change of hands involving jason killed that game unfortunately. So dbd really has no healthy competition on the market, and will always retain some players out of addiction or no lasting alternative offering a similar experience.
devs understand this, and so as long as once or twice a year they entice enough killers back or to stay and gradually appease the swf again by undoing what they entice killers with they'll always make bank off of this game as long as they don't do anything too bad in one poorly timed patch. They've had 4 years to see how much killers will put up with basically, so they know how to avoid that situation. That's why the satisfaction level from this game I don't expect to change much ever until real competition comes along and doesn't get nuked. Only a mass killer exodus would really force the devs' hand until then, and could wind up being a healthy event if devs react appropriately to it.
I may have a different view on the actual state of the game but that I can totally get behind.
Some competition is needed and while I think they are doing a good job on healthy balance changes and additions there are also bad apples among these and it seems overall pretty slow. And especially the last chapter release left a bitter taste..
I understand they need money to pay their staff and for the servers, but they are pushing ot major dlc and shifting the balance through those kilelrs and perks too frequently in my opinion when they could be making costumes (they mentioned having an even more streamlined costume creating process last year too now) for some money on the side while skipping a chapter and focusing on health and satisfaction of the gameplay instead. The more players they hold onto, and new ones that keep playing, the more of those costumes they'll sell and then they could focus on new chapters again after dealing with ongoing issues in the game that only worsen at best each new chapter while ignored.
Dowsey literally got 100+ straight wins with the Twins.
I'm pretty sure that was only a Dev in one of his private streams back then. I think he also added that they thought the game would be 50% stealth and 50% chase. So doing a strong killer in chase and bad tracking would be an interesting design.
But honestly I have to disagree with it because Blight. He actually is quite close to her power gameplay wise. And she definitively isn't a design failure. She is a game changer and one of the best core designs in the game. We had much more problematic killers in design like original Freddy or release Legion. Especially the base idea of Legions gameplay was way more problematic, that they tried to balanche with a bunch of time consuming hurdles, without the adressing the lack of counterplay.
Anyway I have to disagree. A new killer doesn't have to be OP. A killer should be interesting, balanced, fresh, functional and fun to play and face. That's always the rule. Nothing else. People want the game to be good, if they care about it.
The irony is they seem to 'balance' survivors based ont he lowest common denominator which allows some swf to abuse mechanics for their entertainment while they balance only the kilelrs based on what mostly some sweaty streamer can do with it is what it seems like sometimes. That's why it's easy to hold onto survivors or have people unwilling to try killer even with long survivor queues when they play.
The way this works:
The Devs makes a OP killer, or a killer w OP perks. Ppl go buy it for this reason.
Than few months later once the sales slowed, they will nerf the perks, or the killer, at this point, there is no refund.
This is the greedy tactic used by the Devs. They blame it on whiny survivors though.
I'm a Blight main. He isn't a bad killer at all. He takes a lot of practice like Nurse does though.
Weak? We've literally got 5 strong killers in a row.
Pyramid Head - Need I explain? Anti looping, anti hook perk, ranged attack, built in Mori, doesnt need to hook people.
Deathslinger - A better version of huntress; god tier sniper, has virtually 0 terror radius if built right
Blight - Literally a better version of Billy.
Twins - Slugging god; has a built in player tracker; can body block doorways while killing on victor. Dowsey got a 100+ win streak on them shortly after release
Won't happen cause survivors don't want to feel oppressed by the monster hunting them.
How is Blight weak?
Blight was actually a nice addition.
Twins however...yeah that was embarrassing honestly.