Ebony and Ivory Memento Moris now require the targeted survivor to have been hooked twice

Someone in BHVR deserve a raise


thats all

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I love the sound of the killers complaining about this lol

  • @Bravescorpio said:

    As per patch notes:

    • Ebony and Ivory Memento Moris now require the targeted survivor to have been hooked twice

    No mention of keys... funny that.

    because they want to do something more complex for keys, this change of moris literally took them a single code line change.

  • @Mandy said:

    There is no bias! Keys are much more difficult to change and this will happen at a future date. The Mori change is adjusting the change in conditions and was much quicker/easier to fix. We have already said that keys would change in the future.

    Mate, do I have to give you the link to the dev blog where they nerfed ruin? This isn't the only time the devs have shown their bias. Let's not for get the interview where the devs said they prioritise survivors over killers. I recommend you brush up on the devs history before making that comment again. :)

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803808#Comment_1803808

    And nobody's going to use moris now because they're useless, so I won't get to see them. The issues are not unrelated.

    Are you upset that they don't guarantee a free 4K or what?

  • @Xzan said:

    Key nerf next pls. :)

    I second this!

  • That just makes it even harder for f sakes

  • @Mandy said:

    There is no bias! Keys are much more difficult to change and this will happen at a future date. The Mori change is adjusting the change in conditions and was much quicker/easier to fix. We have already said that keys would change in the future.

    I'll give the devlopers the benefit of the doubt -- which frankly, given the last year's events surrounding game bugs and the like, is generous -- and agree wuth you that there is no bias.

    However, the APPEARANCE of bias can often be just as bad as actual bias, and lead to perceptions that are unhealthy for the state of the game and its future. It's evident in this thread, judging by the reactions of many (just like it was evident in the change of PGTW but DS went untouched -- and before anyone says anything, I NEVER play Pop as killer and I run DS in EVERY survivor match, so I have no stake in that debate either).

    I play about 50/50. I hated seeing a Mori load in when I'm plsying survivor, because that often meant a hook/tunnel most of the time. I am 100% behind A change (though, as others have pointed out, changing to being able to use after ALL survivors had been hooked ONCE would have been the much better solution). If I see a Mori load in as a survivor now, I won't care at all, as it won't affect what happens to me (if it's used, it means I'd be dead anyway). Other than possibly avoiding a DS later in the game, they're essentially useless now. As has been suggested, the current Ebony should just be basekit for all killers, and eliminate all Moris altogether and clear out some of the junk in the BW.

    The problem with this change is that, while the fix may have been easier to do than a key fix, and I agree that the Mori is more game-changing than a key -- what prompted the "do it NOW, separate from a key rework"? Especially when the mechanic, complained about as much as its been, has been around for so long unchanged? Let's pretend a possible key rework is two months down the road. Would it have been so hard to roll this out when the key rework was ready? Then the devs could have presented it as such: "Survivors! Moris have been changed for your benefit! Killers! Keys have been changed for your benefit!". Doing it that way would have thrown a bone to both sides, and the APPEARANCE would have been that there is no bias.

    But this gives the appearance -- whether it's the truth or not -- that the game caters to the 80% of a match (which I am often part of) over the 20% (who are necessary, or you have no game). Considering that my nights playing survivor are basically lobby simulator most of the time when I play, due to what could only be a survivor/killer imabalnce, I question whether the devs actually think about the consequences of the actions they take before they actually do them. Based on what I've seen since I started playing this game, I think I know that answer, and it's not a good one.

  • That's right, nerf killers while the queues suck ;) let's see if this convinces killers to play the game.

  • BHVR: Hey we nerfed moris into trash, congrats to us :) !

    Also BHVR: Keys are fine tho killers arent people.

  • @SquirrelKnight said:

    BHVR: Hey we nerfed moris into trash, congrats to us :) !

    Also BHVR: Keys are fine tho killers arent people.

    They never said keys are fine, stop crying and git gud

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Well now i will probably start using mori's now, i can finally see the cool kill animations without survivors dcing on loading screen

    I can't shake the feeling they just nerfed mori's as a apology for the latest buggy patch though

    They have been talking about mori changes for quite a while and it really sounded they were going to do more then just increase the number of required hooks by one.

    I feel like they will be changed more in the future

    Finally as surv I”m going to be moried sometimes. I”m happy

  • They should have definitely waited for key changes to do this, using a mori against a key was one of the most common solutions, now its just not even viable. Meanwhile keys are still just as strong, if not stronger now that one of their solutions is gone.

    I have already been shifting to playing more survivor lately, I guess that trend will continue. I fully expect survivor ques to get worse than they already are, but can't blame people for not playing killer right now.

    When the key change does come, it better make them borderline worthless like the mori change or it'll cause another big uproar. Something like, only the last survivor alive can use it or something.

  • @RamblinRango said:

    Prepare for the "wHy ArE mY sUrViVoR qUeuE tImeS sO lOnG" posts later today

    Twins was fun but I'm going back to survivor, where BHVR protects me from the bad decisions I make in game

    Nah, you”re a killer main crying. Also my games as surv starts about 0.5-1min

  • Remove keys from chests and that will be a temporary compromise until keys are reworked. Is it really complex to code for removing an item from chest loot table? I doubt it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1804710#Comment_1804710

    I do agree with you that DS still needs a change more than Pop did. It drives me crazy as killer so I never run it as survivor. I'm just taking things from a perspective of "Is this particular change making the game more or less balanced?" If the answer is "more", which it is for me on both the Pop nerf and the Mori nerf, then I'm happy.

    I know they've been thinking about DS changes, but it's a hard perk to balance. It's also already been nerfed three times since launch, so it's not like they've been ignoring it either. I'm sure they'll change it again before too long.

    I'm just passed when I and many others came up with fantastic mori alternatives just for them to make us wait for a change so disappointing and dumb i have nothing good to say about the dev team presently

  • @KateDunson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1805367#Comment_1805367

    They never said keys are fine, stop crying and git gud

    And yet they leave keys untouched while nerfing moris. Like everything else its "Dont worry we are looking at your side too" while nothing happens

  • What a good idea, now they have to be close to death to be murdered, fits better with the idea of a mori anyways, it's probably gonna lead to more camp the survivor till they're in stage two (honestly camping killers don't need a reason) but they do love trying to justify it, never used a mori on somebody off their first hook anyways so it's not even a change for some players lol

  • @Axe said:

    Someone in BHVR deserve a raise

    thats all

    Yayyyyy now all the CRYING can stop!!!

    Survivor main btw and I LOVE the game even with mori's and NOED (which is just part of the game) the ONLY problem I have with the game is the PEOPLE that play!!! Lmao if EVERYTHING in the game makes people that mad, the best thing to do is play a different game. . But I guess crying works too 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

  • If you were upset about survivor wait times before....Be prepared. You're gonna be waiting a lot longer is my guess.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803868#Comment_1803868

    because they want to do something more complex for keys, this change of moris literally took them a single code line change.

    But. Why. Didn’t. They. Wait?

  • @Ihatelife said:

    It should be even more nerfed. I would say twice hook requirment + every survivor was hooked at least once.

    Time to destroy these trash keys.

    Thanks BHVR, but it's not enough.

    Just play a different game if one of the coolest parts (mori's) of dbd bothers you that much 😏 I mean why cry over spilled milk when you want water anyways?!?!? Don't like getting mori'd?play killer, don't like being looped? go play fkn fortnite or something!

  • Hmm. Well if they are going to keep it like this then why not just do away with mori as a offering and just make it a part of every killer instead?

  • Changing Mori's but not keys. Oy vey guys...

  • @Blueberry said:

    The more reasonable change would have been requiring all survivors to be hooked once before they could be used.

    Requiring 2 hooks means they are now just useless offerings filling up the blood web.

    Like 90% of killer items. The changes to Hoarder make it into a perk that's more useful for survivors than it is for killers.

  • @SocialDistomancy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803865#Comment_1803865

    A lot of killers are gonna go with them, and my queues as survivor were becoming long again already lmfao. They should have implemented AI killers before doing this.

    Watch out everyone we have a trumpet in the feed.

  • Well I didn't use them anyway and as a Solo survivor I just left before match loaded in never a issue. Keys are more problematic as you don't even need to bring them into match to find one I don't use those either. Just remove moro's and kill survivor by hand challenges and be done with it. Game is about survivor experience sucks to be killer

  • @Axe said:

    Someone in BHVR deserve a raise

    thats all

    Agreed.

    Just hope they don't stop there and get a good look on keys and some of the reworks that made tons of dead zones in some maps as well.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Its good that this Change comes out of nowhere. Otherwise the next days would be mori-spamming nightmares.

    Regarding Keys - they will get changed as well. Someone will come up with it, but Devs said in one Livestream that Keys and Moris might not be changed during the same Patch.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803799#Comment_1803799

    Arent you someone who was defending Moris for the Animation? Thats what you still get - an animation. So nothing to complain about from your side.

    It would have been good if they did the same when they nerfed astringents and syringes ... they warned and the only thing that was seen those days were groups of survivors abusing them

  • Thank god it has finally been changed.

    From the perspective of a solo player now I don’t have to face games that are basically a guaranteed lose if there is an Ebony Mori in play.

    From the perspective of an SWF player we no longer get targeted with Ebony Moris just because the killer assumes we are a sweat squad or toxic.

  • This is a huge step forward. Funny how killer mains say that its worthless now and its not even live yet. Keys next please, it would be unfair if they fixed moris and not keys

  • Honestly I just think they should simply remove it at this point. They were already a thing I usually ignored in the bloodweb to begin with, now its something I have to actively avoid so I don't waste bp on something that doesn't really do anything. I have never been in a situation where just taking someone to the hook isn't a better option then getting stuck in an animation.

    I just really hope they take them out of the game and refund players for any in their inventory. Rather than having a useless offering there to eat bp.

    Edit: There, their and they're

  • @DustoTheOne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803836#Comment_1803836

    Just play a different game if one of the coolest parts (mori's) of dbd bothers you that much 😏 I mean why cry over spilled milk when you want water anyways?!?!? Don't like getting mori'd?play killer, don't like being looped? go play fkn fortnite or something!

    Because I love this game.

  • This is such a lazy and short sighted change. Extremely disappointed, and I always thought moris should be toned down but this is just ridiculous, take these trashy, pointless offerings out of my blood web, they are a waste of time to use and a waste of points to spend on. Jesus man, I'm not trying to be rude but this just screams "I have no idea how to balance things!"

  • @Mister_xD said:

    cool.

    they just shifted from ridiculously OP to absolutely useless.

    sigh

    With something like the ebony mori, it's really hard to find a middle ground. It's either terrible or OP, there's no other options lol.

  • Some great salt in this thread. Everyone bringing up keys makes me chuckle very hard

  • Glad they released this out of the blue remember what happened when they announced insta heal nerfs...

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803802#Comment_1803802

    With something like the ebony mori, it's really hard to find a middle ground. It's either terrible or OP, there's no other options lol.

    The other option is removing them and refunding any unused mori's back to players.

    Which is the better option. Would you rather pay five buck for a bag of dung or pay nothing and get nothing.

    To be clear, I do consider just removing them and returning spent bp the middle ground. I'd much rather my trapper ultra rares replaced a worthless item a barely used before and will never use now.


  • Doesn't affect me personally, but does that mean it is safe for me to open my closet of 100+ Moris I have been stacking up?


    Or are they going to complain that I didn't drag them to a hook or they couldn't use their DS?

  • @Blueberry said:

    The more reasonable change would have been requiring all survivors to be hooked once before they could be used.

    Requiring 2 hooks means they are now just useless offerings filling up the blood web.

    This was exactly what I suggested before for the Ebony Mori's.

  • why would they have to? there isn't any rule that compares keys and moris

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Its good that this Change comes out of nowhere. Otherwise the next days would be mori-spamming nightmares.

    Regarding Keys - they will get changed as well. Someone will come up with it, but Devs said in one Livestream that Keys and Moris might not be changed during the same Patch.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803799#Comment_1803799

    Arent you someone who was defending Moris for the Animation? Thats what you still get - an animation. So nothing to complain about from your side.

    That last part is exactly right.

    I already used Mori's like how they made them now, so I just tried a game with one to see if everyone would stay.

    I got an instant DC because I was smart and used Charlotte to block the pallet-less side of the shack while I ran around with Victor and downed them.

    I feel like it didn't really matter and that people would still DC but geeze.

  • @Mandy said:

    There is no bias! Keys are much more difficult to change and this will happen at a future date. The Mori change is adjusting the change in conditions and was much quicker/easier to fix. We have already said that keys would change in the future.

    siriously Mandy, this makes moris useless and this decision make me mad. No one will investigate 7000 BP for this offering. Also make it from red to brown pls ... it´s an unfair change and another slap in killer´s face. Whats next ? Nerf Undying, nerf camping, nerf tunneling nerf everything ? ....im out for today ...absl horrible

  • @Bravescorpio said:

    As per patch notes:

    • Ebony and Ivory Memento Moris now require the targeted survivor to have been hooked twice

    No mention of keys... funny that.

    they have said a number of places key rework would take longer, just weird they wouldn't wait to do them at the same time

  • @PNgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803983#Comment_1803983

    siriously Mandy, this makes moris useless and this decision make me mad. No one will investigate 7000 BP for this offering. Also make it from red to brown pls ... it´s an unfair change and another slap in killer´s face. Whats next ? Nerf Undying, nerf camping, nerf tunneling nerf everything ? ....im out for today ...absl horrible

    I think we have different definitions of useless...by using a mori even after a second hooking you are still saving yourself the flashlight save attempts, pallet stun save attempts, firecracker save attempts, sabo save attempts, plus the survivor won't be able to body block a hook - nor do you lose a strategic hook as no survivor would have died on the hook so no permanent hook loss. That to me sounds far from useless.

    Edited to add - not forgetting DS.

  • So they're completely useless now?

    Can I cash in on my Ebony's somewhere? Please?

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1804119#Comment_1804119

    I actually never wanted Mori's to be nerfed like this. I would rather they be taken out of the game as they serve no purpose now. I mean the animations are cool but in a competitive environment very few people are going to use them.

    Still seeing them used this evening and for once it didn't feel cheap. The killer earned them.

    There are a ton of us players who couldn't care less about being competitive. We play to destress, not add more stress.

  • @Orion said:

    Alright, they're worthless offerings now. GG.

    That's what happens when you're a bad sport and tunnel and use them right away. You get what you deserve. They're not worthless either you just can't abuse it anymore. I was hoping they'd go the route of requiring you to hook everyone once though but this is fine too

  • THey need to fire whoever thought of this. Once again a major game mechanic changed after purchase. Might as well call it Survive by daylight

  • @Orion said:

    Alright, they're worthless offerings now. GG.

    This is opinionated, for starters I personally think it’s cool to kill people by my own hand but aside from that you don’t have to risk getting DS’d on your way to the third hook and a lot of Other problems that come with carrying someone to a hook

  • @raquelambersantiago said:

    THey need to fire whoever thought of this. Once again a major game mechanic changed after purchase. Might as well call it Survive by daylight

    Players have been begging for this for years.

1 2 3 4 5 6