CMV: The first confirmed LGBT character should be either bisexual or trans

I don't like these CMV threads, but I felt the format was appropriate since I am actually looking for an outside perspective.

Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like the BTs get thrown to the wayside, as it were, when it comes to LGBT discussions. 95% of the time it's about LGs, if not just Gs. Among BTs, Bs in particular are ignored or portrayed as lunatics who want to have sex with everyone. Bi erasure is quite common, even among the LGBT community, and we all know what Ts go through.

For these reasons, IMO, the first confirmed LGBT character should be either bisexual or trans.

EDIT: If you "don't care", then this thread is not for you.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802456#Comment_1802456

    Oh my b. I was only thinking of the survivors. Never really paid that much attention to killer lore despite being a killer player. Most of them are rather bland.

    Both sides have characters with bland lore.

    @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802448#Comment_1802448

    Yeah I seen someone change your mind. But you still made a suggestion. For example bisexual erasure was one reason you wanted bisexuals to be represented first. The discussion was whether trans or bisexuals be represented first.

    It isn't a suggestion, it's to give some background on my view so that people could attempt to change it. If I just gave the opinion and asked others to change my view without anything for people to grab on to, how could they even begin to address it?

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802409#Comment_1802409

    I literally said representation is important lol

    It's important overall in the grand scheme of things, but to me, personally, I don't play games to be represented, so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

    As long as something isn't outright insulting the LGBT community, races, or medical ailments, then I'm typically OK with it.

    I play games because I like the game in particular. Overwatch, for example, has a wide range of representation in it and it is commendable that it does that. But for me, it isn't going to change which characters I pick or my enjoyment of the game one way or the other. It's just not what I look for in a game. I look for gameplay first and foremost. Anything else is secondary to that, and as long as it is written well, I will usually enjoy it.

    And that's the main thing for me. It needs to be WRITTEN WELL.

    You know,i'm not the brightest bulb in the box sometimes 🚫💡

  • I've only read the OP and skipped here.

    Whenever Bi people are represented I feel like it's usually only women,so I'd prefer a Bi guy.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801976#Comment_1801976

    That makes no sense. DbD has a well defined lore, nobody's going to add fan fiction to it.

    I've seen people who text roleplay Dead by Daylight--I've seen ACTUAL forum roleplay communities about it. You vastly underestimate what people will add fanfiction to.

    Also, I'm pretty sure none of the character sexualities are addressed in this game. It's non-relevant information. They could add a throwaway line to a survivor in their backstory mentioning their partner or spouse or something, I guess.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801718#Comment_1801718

    Ahh yes "pretend the people are LGBT" instead of just assuming everyone is straight, like all the straight people do.

    this is exactly why representation is important, LGBT+ aren't "pretend" they're real.

    Nobodies' saying that LGBT people are "pretend"

    People just want the freedom of choice to choose what sexuality a character is instead of being forced to see a character as one sexuality

  • Why dont we just....Not mention what anyone is....at all, you can assume or decide which character is what in your own mind. It makes NO difference in a game like this.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    Why dont we just....Not mention what anyone is....at all, you can assume or decide which character is what in your own mind. It makes NO difference in a game like this.

    /threadx2

    Heavily agreed for Player interpretation.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    Why dont we just....Not mention what anyone is....at all, you can assume or decide which character is what in your own mind. It makes NO difference in a game like this.

    Yeah I like that approach!

    so I want Felix and David to be gay!

    wait. No. Not possible because both had straight relationships mentioned and at least on Felix‘ case that pretty much rules out for him to be possibly gay.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    Why dont we just....Not mention what anyone is....at all, you can assume or decide which character is what in your own mind. It makes NO difference in a game like this.

    Because that ship sailed long ago.

    @mintchapstick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801985#Comment_1801985

    I've seen people who text roleplay Dead by Daylight--I've seen ACTUAL forum roleplay communities about it. You vastly underestimate what people will add fanfiction to.

    Also, I'm pretty sure none of the character sexualities are addressed in this game. It's non-relevant information. They could add a throwaway line to a survivor in their backstory mentioning their partner or spouse or something, I guess.

    Nobody can add fan fiction to DbD. They can write fan fiction about DbD, but nobody can add it to the game itself.

    @oh_0k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801725#Comment_1801725

    Nobodies' saying that LGBT people are "pretend"

    People just want the freedom of choice to choose what sexuality a character is instead of being forced to see a character as one sexuality

    No, they don't. If they did, they would've complained when the Nurse was released, or when the Legion's tome was released, or when David's tome was released, or when Felix was released, but they didn't. They only complain when it's about LGBT.

  • Too late for that.

    Serious question, why are you acting as if you're invested in this if you don't read the lore?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802525#Comment_1802525

    Because that ship sailed long ago.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802513#Comment_1802513

    Nobody can add fan fiction to DbD. They can write fan fiction about DbD, but nobody can add it to the game itself.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802515#Comment_1802515

    No, they don't. If they did, they would've complained when the Nurse was released, or when the Legion's tome was released, or when David's tome was released, or when Felix was released, but they didn't. They only complain when it's about LGBT.

    ... Obviously fans can't add fanfiction to the game. I feel like you misunderstand what fanfiction is meant to be.

  • @mintchapstick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802535#Comment_1802535

    ... Obviously fans can't add fanfiction to the game. I feel like you misunderstand what fanfiction is meant to be.

    I don't, no, but you did misunderstand what I was saying, so I had to be extra clear.

  • @Orion said:

    I don't like these CMV threads, but I felt the format was appropriate since I am actually looking for an outside perspective.

    Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like the BTs get thrown to the wayside, as it were, when it comes to LGBT discussions. 95% of the time it's about LGs, if not just Gs. Among BTs, Bs in particular are ignored or portrayed as lunatics who want to have sex with everyone. Bi erasure is quite common, even among the LGBT community, and we all know what Ts go through.

    For these reasons, IMO, the first confirmed LGBT character should be either bisexual or trans.

    This here is the exact reason that adding an LGBT character to the game is so risky.


    They literally just said they may do it and we've already got not only dose someone want a gay character but they feel like they should be bi and trans too?


    This is why people are warry about doing it.

    No it's not a bad thing to be inclusive but It will never be good enough. ever!

  • @Ryan489x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/211735/cmv-the-first-confirmed-lgbt-character-should-be-either-bisexual-or-trans

    This here is the exact reason that adding an LGBT character to the game is so risky.

    They literally just said they may do it and we've already got not only dose someone want a gay character but they feel like they should be bi and trans too?

    This is why people are warry about doing it.

    No it's not a bad thing to be inclusive but It will never be good enough. ever!

    People are also asking for this and that licensed killer, does that mean they should never have added a licensed killer at all just because people will ask for more?

    no one is demanding anything.. let people speculate and hope for characters how they want.

  • @Ryan489x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/211735/cmv-the-first-confirmed-lgbt-character-should-be-either-bisexual-or-trans

    This here is the exact reason that adding an LGBT character to the game is so risky.

    They literally just said they may do it and we've already got not only dose someone want a gay character but they feel like they should be bi and trans too?

    This is why people are warry about doing it.

    No it's not a bad thing to be inclusive but It will never be good enough. ever!

    They literally just said they may do it and we've already got not only dose someone want a gay character but they feel like they should be bi and trans too?

    Uh... no? They said they will do it and I think the character should be either bi or trans based on the things I said in the OP.

    No it's not a bad thing to be inclusive but It will never be good enough. ever!

    The only times I've seen someone actually claim that is when they're acting in bad faith, like that one person who asked why there were no characters in wheelchairs and said the devs were being "ableist" for not including someone in a wheelchair. So no, that's not a thing.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802525#Comment_1802525

    Because that ship sailed long ago.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802513#Comment_1802513

    Nobody can add fan fiction to DbD. They can write fan fiction about DbD, but nobody can add it to the game itself.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802515#Comment_1802515

    No, they don't. If they did, they would've complained when the Nurse was released, or when the Legion's tome was released, or when David's tome was released, or when Felix was released, but they didn't. They only complain when it's about LGBT.

    Personally, I don't care what a in game character is or identifies as, it doesn't effect the game play, so to me it's irreverent.

    If you want a trans survivors or whatever.......fine. I just get tired of seeing it repeated so often

    (repetition of the same thing drives me nuts (The same advert 100 times a day!!!!!) , so this isn't just reserved for this topic. DS! Springtrap! Gen Rush! .... on and on it goes, cant keep it to one thread!). Yes, I can see the irony that DBD...kill survivor or fix gen...unhook ... is rather repetitive to....but I think having the control in game stops it from bugging me.

  • @Healthore77992 said:

    No one cares about that.

    People just looking to game for its sake without some weird political message attached to it don't care. I feel ya, man.

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801699#Comment_1801699

    People just looking to game for its sake without some weird political message attached to it don't care. I feel ya, man.

    The "weird political message" of not being constrained when writing lore?

    @Zarr0ch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802535#Comment_1802535

    Personally, I don't care what a in game character is or identifies as, it doesn't effect the game play, so to me it's irreverent.

    If you want a trans survivors or whatever.......fine. I just get tired of seeing it repeated so often

    (repetition of the same thing drives me nuts (The same advert 100 times a day!!!!!) , so this isn't just reserved for this topic. DS! Springtrap! Gen Rush! .... on and on it goes, cant keep it to one thread!). Yes, I can see the irony that DBD...kill survivor or fix gen...unhook ... is rather repetitive to....but I think having the control in game stops it from bugging me.

    It's normal for things to repeat in a forum. If that bothers you, I don't know how you can even stand being on the forum to begin with. It's also quite disingenuous to equate LGBT discussions with those, since LGBT discussions only really started this year (about 6 months ago, I think), whereas those have been brought up a lot more often over the years.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802535#Comment_1802535

    Personally, I don't care what a in game character is or identifies as, it doesn't effect the game play, so to me it's irreverent.

    If you want a trans survivors or whatever.......fine. I just get tired of seeing it repeated so often

    (repetition of the same thing drives me nuts (The same advert 100 times a day!!!!!) , so this isn't just reserved for this topic. DS! Springtrap! Gen Rush! .... on and on it goes, cant keep it to one thread!). Yes, I can see the irony that DBD...kill survivor or fix gen...unhook ... is rather repetitive to....but I think having the control in game stops it from bugging me.

    If you hate people that repeat themself then why are you even on the forum?

    People here almost always talk about the same things (Toxic killers/survivors,unfair perks etc.) lol

    But i'm pretty sure i could count the amount of threads i see regarding LGBT representation on one hand

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802567#Comment_1802567

    If you hate people that repeat themself then why are you even on the forum?

    People here almost always talk about the same things (Toxic killers/survivors,unfair perks etc.) lol

    But i'm pretty sure i could count the amount of threads i see regarding LGBT representation on one hand

    It more games than just this forum. I think what bugs me a bit is that the Dev's have already said they want to add characters in that identify this way. So why more posts about it when they have already said they will do it?

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802588#Comment_1802588

    It more games than just this forum. I think what bugs me a bit is that the Dev's have already said they want to add characters in that identify this way. So why more posts about it when they have already said they will do it?

    Because this thread is about me trying to have a discussion with the community. It says so right there in the OP.

  • Thank you for keeping this topic/discussion mostly civilised. This is a very sensitive topic for many people and all too often it gets out of hand and I'm really pleased that this thread is continuing to be positive and people are discussing things maturely.

    Also, remember the topic of the thread isn't about whether or not representation should be in the game - I think we're all past that by now, as representation is already in the game in some forms, but what particular representation is desired to be next.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802588#Comment_1802588

    It more games than just this forum. I think what bugs me a bit is that the Dev's have already said they want to add characters in that identify this way. So why more posts about it when they have already said they will do it?

    I mean,the devs also said that noed is fine and won't be changed anytime soon.Does that stop thousands of people on this forum to complain about noed? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • The lore in this game is poorly written and cringey for the most part, so the ideal solution is for the writers to put in whatever will be the least cliched and cheesy. To be honest this is why I’d rather them not bother at all, it’s not like DBD is known for its quality storytelling.

  • @Healthore77992 said:

    No one cares about that.

    People do care, some of us like to main people we can relate towards

  • While i'm part of the movement, i can't understand the mania of some people to be acknowledge on everything, every single character can be part of the movement, it doesn't get more importance because it's written on their bio.

    This is one of the reasons why society is the way it is, because instead of normalizing something that is indeed normal, movements try to force everything into.

    So when it happens i hope it does because of time and not because of post like this, peace <3

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801731#Comment_1801731

    Since when? Ts, maybe, but bi erasure is still very much present.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801732#Comment_1801732

    I think they'll do it well, but bad-faith actors will try to make it seem like they didn't.

    I would support more of what people were talking about if I could understand half of ######### was being said. BG's TG's LG's BT's BG's what....the hell am I even looking at? You used more acronyms than a military field manual. Shouldn't be that complicated, communication shouldn't need a puzzle for it to be relatable to people.

    That being said, as long as they aren't making gay people into a spectacle and stereotype I don't see the problem.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802525#Comment_1802525

    Because that ship sailed long ago.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802513#Comment_1802513

    Nobody can add fan fiction to DbD. They can write fan fiction about DbD, but nobody can add it to the game itself.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802515#Comment_1802515

    No, they don't. If they did, they would've complained when the Nurse was released, or when the Legion's tome was released, or when David's tome was released, or when Felix was released, but they didn't. They only complain when it's about LGBT.

    It's confirmed David has a girlfriend but he still gets paired with Dwight all the time

    I still see constant pairing of Felix with other dudes and Nurse with females

    And we haven't even release a canon LGBTQ character but yet you're saying people are complaining about it?

  • I'm gay, but the idea to ALWAYS have a gay character is just promoting people complaining about a ''token character''.

    I get the idea of representation, but do you really need a gay character in a game to feel valid?

  • First we need a Fat character!

  • @Zaytex said:

    I'm gay, but the idea to ALWAYS have a gay character is just promoting people complaining about a ''token character''.

    I get the idea of representation, but do you really need a gay character in a game to feel valid?

    This... see thing is having a character that is Gay (from my expierence) is mostly just useless as all hell. SO what if they are does that prgress the story, well depends on the story, but mostly no. I'm okay with having fanfics of my works but someone a while back has spammed the hell out of me to add an Lgbt chracter in my series (Pinebrook), to the point it ######### annoyed me, I will add at least 1 gay character in. But if that happens to me again I will more then happy kill them off, no one should ever feel forced like that ever!

  • If you're playing for LGBTQIA/whatever, then this game isn't for you. This game is about surviving and killing, not about which characters want to sleep together.

  • @shiffpup2 said:

    If you're playing for LGBTQIA/whatever, then this game isn't for you. This game is about surviving and killing, not about which characters want to sleep together.

    This as well. The only time sexuality would really be relevant was when it came to the lore of the character.

  • *Checks title

    *7 pages of discussion

    Oh boy, here we go again

    87d.jpg


  • My two cents is it's kind of hard to be bi in the fog. You're not with anyone. You're on stand bi. Unless it's like a paragraph in their lore but that just makes them a normal character. (Though thinking about it that might be good for more strict countries. Just edit the snippet.)

    Trans people are supposed to be the gender they're transitioning to, so like. It's a normal person unless you give them a paragraph in the lore. I don't get it but whatever floats your boats.

  • One issue for BHVR is going to be which other countries this is game is sold and played in. Because depending on where, they're either going to have to write two sets of in-game lore, one being gay and one where it isn't mentioned, or risk getting into trouble.

    This is one of the things even Activision-Blizzard is careful with for Overwatch. For example, when Tracer was revealed as gay in the Christmas comic years ago, the edition releasing in some other countries removed the page or two where it was revealed between her and Emily because they had to due to the laws over there. It's also why none of Tracer's voice lines added to the actual game even remotely point to her being gay.

    In Overwatch's case, however, their lore is all told mainly outside of the game through animated shorts, short stories, and comics. Whereas Dead by Daylight does its lore within the game, itself.

  • @MythMage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801704#Comment_1801704

    ...How exactly? I'm all for representation, but only if the situation/lore calls for it. If it's something like Overwatch where it takes characters from around the world, then fine, go ham. If it's something like TF2 where women aren't allowed in combat positions because that's what it was like during that time, then no, we don't need a trans character.

    The Last of Us 2 did this very poorly. Abby was modeled the way she was to be "trans friendly", and they have Ellie and Dina as lesbians, but a (massive air quotes here) "trans" person beating up on lesbians and killing people out of pure rage isn't the best representation, no?

    Furthermore, WHY is representation important? So you can feel "connected" to the character? There are a million ways to do that outside of them being the same skin color or having the same genitals.

    Food for thought.

    other than overwatch and a handful of other games, there are very few LGBT characters. Even as someone from the community myself, I struggle to name canonically LGBT characters from video games as a whole. representation, while it may not be important to you is very important to others like myself, and not seeing characters that reflect who you are in the media can be disheartening. There are 20+ survivors in this game, and not one of them is confirmed as LGBT, despite more than 10% of the US population stating that they have experienced same sex attraction at some point in their life and 3.5% of the population being openly LGB. (https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/publications/how-many-people-lgbt/)


    From my perspective, the reason that many people turn to DBD for representation is because a very large portion of the community is LGBT - even famous drag queen Trixie Mattel plays it on a regular basis. Out of all the gaming communities I have been apart of, DBD definitely has the highest population of LGBT members, so its important that the content in the game reflects the players.

  • I just want a gender non-conforming survivor or a drag queen so badly

  • @RepliCant said:

    I just want a gender non-conforming survivor or a drag queen so badly

    Mori bait?

    I'm just saying I remember a discussion about adding LGBT charms and hearing a bunch of people mention they'd just bring mori's and target them. Imagine when it's not just a charm but an entire character

  • @Pega6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803022#Comment_1803022

    Mori bait?

    I'm just saying I remember a discussion about adding LGBT charms and hearing a bunch of people mention they'd just bring mori's and target them. Imagine when it's not just a charm but an entire character

    Mori bait?? I just want some insane cosmetics for a drag queen. Who gives a ######### about someone moring a specific survivor because of what they are? People are already racist towards Claudette/Tapp/Elodie sooo? What difference would it make? None, who cares about those people.

  • @HorizonToDawn said:

    None, none should be added

    What's the point of adding something like this to a game where survivors are trying to survive or endlessly get killed?

    Why do people always must do something like this into a game, when it doesn't matter, because of the games setting?

    There's not even a stable foundation of a lore for this game, and BHVR hasn't followed their own lore more than half the time whenever they change something in their game or add something.

    Games like dead by daylight or literally any other games that are similar to this in terms of multiplayer, are there to play and to have fun, not to worry about the sexuality of a character, cause characters in these types of games don't matter, they are just characters you can play as.

    And they certainly don't matter in a game where theses survivors are endlessly trying to survive or are endlessly getting killed in many ways.

    As for the rest of the thread

    "We want to feel connected to a character" is the most single overused bad excuse ever to be thrown around for trying to add something not needed. And it just doesn't makes sense either for this game, because if your trying to connect with a character in this game, your saying as well you are constantly trying to survive or endlessly dying IRL. Which you aren't.

    Well,why shouldn't LGBT characters be added in the game if we already have characters that are confirmed to be in straight relationships?

    It might not matter to you but there are people that just want characters they can relate to.I see nothing wrong with that

  • @HorizonToDawn said:

    None, none should be added

    What's the point of adding something like this to a game where survivors are trying to survive or endlessly get killed?

    Why do people always must do something like this into a game, when it doesn't matter, because of the games setting?

    There's not even a stable foundation of a lore for this game, and BHVR hasn't followed their own lore more than half the time whenever they change something in their game or add something.

    Games like dead by daylight or literally any other games that are similar to this in terms of multiplayer, are there to play and to have fun, not to worry about the sexuality of a character, cause characters in these types of games don't matter, they are just characters you can play as.

    And they certainly don't matter in a game where theses survivors are endlessly trying to survive or are endlessly getting killed in many ways.

    As for the rest of the thread

    "We want to feel connected to a character" is the most single overused bad excuse ever to be thrown around for trying to add something not needed. And it just doesn't makes sense either for this game, because if your trying to connect with a character in this game, your saying as well you are constantly trying to survive or endlessly dying IRL. Which you aren't.

    There should be LGBT+ chars added because it shouldn’t matter! There is no need for exclusion especially in a game that already included several heterosexual relationships in the lore. gameplay won’t be affected in any way.

    We have many diverse character traits that don’t matter as well, like how Kate is a country singer and Min is a pro gamer. Claudette has some kind of skin condition that you can barely see iirc. All of this doesn’t matter. But why should everything LGBT+ be excluded with the only reason that it doesn’t matter?

  • Trans is unacceptable? Because you dislike such ‚unappealing‘ appearances?! and you are talking about having respect?

    and deeper changes are also unacceptable? So what about Legions tome, which pretty much contradicted the original backstory with their first kill and all.. I guess that was unacceptable?


    btw no character has been confirmed to be purely straight either. Or cis. Maybe your main was created with being trans in mind and you just don’t know yet.

  • While representation does matter, I think it's unnecessary in a game like DBD where the focus is on either surviving or killing. The gameplay itself doesn't really leave room for expressions of sexual interest. Sure, it could be added to the lore but I doubt that would be enough for the LGBT community.

    The best you'd get with DBD is very shallow representation, which would probably be more offensive to the minorities in question than not being represented at all.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    While representation does matter, I think it's unnecessary in a game like DBD where the focus is on either surviving or killing. The gameplay itself doesn't really leave room for expressions of sexual interest. Sure, it could be added to the lore but I doubt that would be enough for the LGBT community.

    The best you'd get with DBD is very shallow representation, which would probably be more offensive to the minorities in question than not being represented at all.

    The LGBT community is only asking for inclusion in the lore. And that is mainly because straight relationships are already added. No on wants it to impact the actual gameplay.

    also the devs already stated there will be LGBT+ inclusion and it is important to them to create those characters not only with this in mind.

    this topic should only be about which kind of representation should be introduced (first)

  • @Gore_Nargai said:

    While i'm part of the movement, i can't understand the mania of some people to be acknowledge on everything, every single character can be part of the movement, it doesn't get more importance because it's written on their bio.

    This is one of the reasons why society is the way it is, because instead of normalizing something that is indeed normal, movements try to force everything into.

    So when it happens i hope it does because of time and not because of post like this, peace <3

    "Normalizing" would mean adding LGBT characters without anyone making a fuss over it, the same way they didn't make a fuss over the heterosexual characters we've had over the years.

    @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801740#Comment_1801740

    I would support more of what people were talking about if I could understand half of ######### was being said. BG's TG's LG's BT's BG's what....the hell am I even looking at? You used more acronyms than a military field manual. Shouldn't be that complicated, communication shouldn't need a puzzle for it to be relatable to people.

    That being said, as long as they aren't making gay people into a spectacle and stereotype I don't see the problem.

    Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transexual = LGBT

    So what do you think L, G, B, T, LG, and BT stand for?

    @oh_0k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802535#Comment_1802535

    It's confirmed David has a girlfriend but he still gets paired with Dwight all the time

    I still see constant pairing of Felix with other dudes and Nurse with females

    And we haven't even release a canon LGBTQ character but yet you're saying people are complaining about it?

    And we haven't even release a canon LGBTQ character but yet you're saying people are complaining about it?

    Yes. Literally just read this thread.

  • @Zaytex said:

    I'm gay, but the idea to ALWAYS have a gay character is just promoting people complaining about a ''token character''.

    I get the idea of representation, but do you really need a gay character in a game to feel valid?

    Need? No. I couldn't care less. However, nobody made a fuss over heterosexual characters, so I don't see why LGBT characters (note the letters besides "G") should be excluded.

  • @M4dBoOmr said:

    First we need a Fat character!

    You mean Jeff?

    @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802761#Comment_1802761

    This... see thing is having a character that is Gay (from my expierence) is mostly just useless as all hell. SO what if they are does that prgress the story, well depends on the story, but mostly no. I'm okay with having fanfics of my works but someone a while back has spammed the hell out of me to add an Lgbt chracter in my series (Pinebrook), to the point it ######### annoyed me, I will add at least 1 gay character in. But if that happens to me again I will more then happy kill them off, no one should ever feel forced like that ever!

    Indeed, sexual orientation doesn't make any difference, so why purposefully exclude certain orientations?

    @Zaytex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802770#Comment_1802770

    This as well. The only time sexuality would really be relevant was when it came to the lore of the character.

    And where do you think their orientations would be confirmed, if not the lore?

    @Heartbound said:

    My two cents is it's kind of hard to be bi in the fog. You're not with anyone. You're on stand bi. Unless it's like a paragraph in their lore but that just makes them a normal character. (Though thinking about it that might be good for more strict countries. Just edit the snippet.)

    Trans people are supposed to be the gender they're transitioning to, so like. It's a normal person unless you give them a paragraph in the lore. I don't get it but whatever floats your boats.

    Orientation is about attraction. I don't have to have threesomes with a man and a woman to "refresh" my bisexual status or whatever.

    @Pega6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803022#Comment_1803022

    Mori bait?

    I'm just saying I remember a discussion about adding LGBT charms and hearing a bunch of people mention they'd just bring mori's and target them. Imagine when it's not just a charm but an entire character

    And should we kowtow to those people because of it?

    @Kaitsja said:

    While representation does matter, I think it's unnecessary in a game like DBD where the focus is on either surviving or killing. The gameplay itself doesn't really leave room for expressions of sexual interest. Sure, it could be added to the lore but I doubt that would be enough for the LGBT community.

    The best you'd get with DBD is very shallow representation, which would probably be more offensive to the minorities in question than not being represented at all.

    The lore is where all mentions of relationships go. It's where this would go as well. If anyone wanted more, they'd be unreasonable and everyone would tell them as such.

  • OP already changed their mind and said there shouldn’t be a defined order of confirmations but it should be random..


    but why are you against bi or trans representation to come first exactly?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    As a member of the LGBT community... I am not pushing for this. If it happens...it happens. I just hope that if it does happen - that their sexuality is hinted at, and/or merely a mention, and is somehow intricate to the story (such as they lose their partner/spouse and have since been on the path of justice for their murder by the hands of next-dbd-killer-name-here....) then ok that's cool. I don't think their sexuality should be a focus of their character, but rather the actions that led them to be who they are now (example: seeking justice) should be the focus; for example.

    My friends and I already think there is something between David and Felix... I mean there is right?

    I'm not pushing for this either. In fact, nobody is. There are people pushing against it, but that's all. Nobody's pushing for this because the devs have already made their decision - it is coming and that's that.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7