CMV: The first confirmed LGBT character should be either bisexual or trans

I don't like these CMV threads, but I felt the format was appropriate since I am actually looking for an outside perspective.

Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like the BTs get thrown to the wayside, as it were, when it comes to LGBT discussions. 95% of the time it's about LGs, if not just Gs. Among BTs, Bs in particular are ignored or portrayed as lunatics who want to have sex with everyone. Bi erasure is quite common, even among the LGBT community, and we all know what Ts go through.

For these reasons, IMO, the first confirmed LGBT character should be either bisexual or trans.

EDIT: If you "don't care", then this thread is not for you.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @freddymybae said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802239#Comment_1802239

    Then why not make a character a nazi just because of the lore ? I don’t see that as a good argument

    Pretty sure there are laws that restrict the addition of nazis at least in some countries. And the devs don’t want to add nazis as far as i know. But they do want to add LGBT+ representation. It’s in fact very important to at least some of them!

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802283#Comment_1802283

    Whatever, we still don't want DbD getting political.

    @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802283#Comment_1802283

    Whatever, we still don't want DbD getting political.

    ” I can’t have a argument so what ever”. So pushing other stuff in a game is okay but politics is not seems legit

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802205#Comment_1802205

    It is quite unfortunate that you can't have a good faith discussion without people coming here to shove their agenda down our throats.

    'Representation' is not important. Acting like sexuality is something that should be embraced and celebrated is a delusion. Just because people have the same life choice, doesn't make it special. Being Black, White, Asian, Latin, Gay, Straight, Religious etc does not require any form of celebration or representation anywhere. Therefore, DBD does not need to endulge this agenda. It is attention seeking, largely, plain and simple.

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802214#Comment_1802214

    'Representation' is not important. Acting like sexuality is something that should be embraced and celebrated is a delusion. Just because people have the same life choice, doesn't make it special. Being Black, White, Asian, Latin, Gay, Straight, Religious etc does not require any form of celebration or representation anywhere. Therefore, DBD does not need to endulge this agenda. It is attention seeking, largely, plain and simple.

    Agreed. No celebration needed. Just let the devs add the characters with the traits they want.

  • @freddymybae said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802287#Comment_1802287

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802287#Comment_1802287

    ” I can’t have a argument so what ever”. So pushing other stuff in a game is okay but politics is not seems legit

    No, "whatever" because the particular laws aren't relevant when there's a bigger point: we don't want DbD getting political. And no, I don't think it's OK to put politics in DbD because political affiliation is the result of a person's personality, not something that influences it.

    @Onyx_Blue said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802214#Comment_1802214

    'Representation' is not important. Acting like sexuality is something that should be embraced and celebrated is a delusion. Just because people have the same life choice, doesn't make it special. Being Black, White, Asian, Latin, Gay, Straight, Religious etc does not require any form of celebration or representation anywhere. Therefore, DBD does not need to endulge this agenda. It is attention seeking, largely, plain and simple.

    I'm sorry you feel that way.

    PS: It's not a choice any more than liking pineapple is a choice. The difference is that you usually aren't persecuted and driven to suicide because you like pineapple.

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802214#Comment_1802214

    'Representation' is not important. Acting like sexuality is something that should be embraced and celebrated is a delusion. Just because people have the same life choice, doesn't make it special. Being Black, White, Asian, Latin, Gay, Straight, Religious etc does not require any form of celebration or representation anywhere. Therefore, DBD does not need to endulge this agenda. It is attention seeking, largely, plain and simple.

    Agreed I am half Blackhalf white. You don’t hear me cry about “ we need black people reee add acab as a t shirt reee”

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802296#Comment_1802296

    No, "whatever" because the particular laws aren't relevant when there's a bigger point: we don't want DbD getting political. And no, I don't think it's OK to put politics in DbD because political affiliation is the result of a person's personality, not something that influences it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802297#Comment_1802297

    I'm sorry you feel that way.

    PS: It's not a choice any more than liking pineapple is a choice.

    It will get political and it will divide people even more than it already has.

    The minute an LGBT character gets introduced some redneck is going to tunnel and face camp them for who they are. (More than killers do that now)

    l agree in the perfect world diverse characters are a great idea but with this game and this community the way it is, the forums are going to be filled with killers are homophobic threads, which they probably are.

    that won’t stop people doing it.

  • I'm a gay dude. I'm ok with B/Ts going first. I'd ask for the T first, only because, while bi-erasure is definitely a thing, I think trans people and issues are more prominent and life-threatening right now (please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not trying to erase bi-erasure, just it seems like T's are more visible and at higher risk for attacks).

    Can I just have a gay Jeff? Please? XD

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802214#Comment_1802214

    'Representation' is not important. Acting like sexuality is something that should be embraced and celebrated is a delusion. Just because people have the same life choice, doesn't make it special. Being Black, White, Asian, Latin, Gay, Straight, Religious etc does not require any form of celebration or representation anywhere. Therefore, DBD does not need to endulge this agenda. It is attention seeking, largely, plain and simple.

    I'd argue that anyone who responds with this is attention-seeking, especially that now the majority of the US accepts and embraces the LGBT community.

    Representation is extremely important. You don't get to say otherwise just because you don't like it.

  • When companies try to pander to this sort of idea, it ends up being extremely forced and making most reasonable LGBT people roll their eyes because of how cringe it is. I don't think representation is important on every form of media out there. DBD isn't about identity politics or how people lived their sexuality before being abducted.


    I'm perfectly fine with a character being X, Y and Z, but please, for the love of God, don't make it their defining trait(s). People of the LGBT community are much, much more than their sexuality, they're individuals to which a lot of them don't openly announce at every occasion how they like to take it. Except, of course, those that have made their identity around that, because they have absolutely nothing else going for them. These tend to be the ones zealously pushing for these sorts of things. They shouldn't be listened to.


    As for which letter deserves more representation? Lol whichever the creative team wants. None of them have a bigger need for attention than the others.

  • @FattiePoobum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802311#Comment_1802311

    It will get political and it will divide people even more than it already has.

    The minute an LGBT character gets introduced some redneck is going to tunnel and face camp them for who they are. (More than killers do that now)

    l agree in the perfect world diverse characters are a great idea but with this game and this community the way it is, the forums are going to be filled with killers are homophobic threads, which they probably are.

    that won’t stop people doing it.

    Homophobes get banned, simple as that. Should we kowtow to them just because they're going to (predictably) throw a tantrum?

    @cannonballB said:

    I'm a gay dude. I'm ok with B/Ts going first. I'd ask for the T first, only because, while bi-erasure is definitely a thing, I think trans people and issues are more prominent and life-threatening right now (please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not trying to erase bi-erasure, just it seems like T's are more visible and at higher risk for attacks).

    Can I just have a gay Jeff? Please? XD

    Ts are indeed at a higher risk for attacks, among other things. It's weird to think about because the concept of transgenderism is thousands of years old.

  • @FattiePoobum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802311#Comment_1802311

    It will get political and it will divide people even more than it already has.

    The minute an LGBT character gets introduced some redneck is going to tunnel and face camp them for who they are. (More than killers do that now)

    l agree in the perfect world diverse characters are a great idea but with this game and this community the way it is, the forums are going to be filled with killers are homophobic threads, which they probably are.

    that won’t stop people doing it.

    If they go out of their way to do this they will also want to let the survs know why they do it. And then they will easily get banned for homophobic harassment. Just like what is happening right now with racists.

    this is no good reason to exclude LGBT representation.

  • I agree representation is important.

    But as someone who's bi, I could care less about such things in a game like DbD. I've never chosen a character in a game because they are "similar" to me. I choose characters that I think are badass. I relegate characters that are like me to games where I can create said character, like RPGs.

    Certain games are better for this kind of stuff than others. Case in point, Cyberpunk is only a few days away.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802322#Comment_1802322

    Homophobes get banned, simple as that. Should we kowtow to them just because they're going to (predictably) throw a tantrum?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802323#Comment_1802323

    Ts are indeed at a higher risk for attacks, among other things. It's weird to think about because the concept of transgenderism is thousands of years old.

    How exactly do you prove their homophobic?, camping and tunneling isn’t against TOS.

  • @FattiePoobum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802334#Comment_1802334

    How exactly do you prove their homophobic?, camping and tunneling isn’t against TOS.

    Homophobes, just like racists, xenophobes, etc., can't help themselves. They'll start spewing the usual ######### and get themselves banned.

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    I agree representation is important.

    But as someone who's bi, I could care less about such things in a game like DbD. I've never chosen a character in a game because they are "similar" to me. I choose characters that I think are badass. I relegate characters that are like me to games where I can create said character, like RPGs.

    Certain games are better for this kind of stuff than others. Case in point, Cyberpunk is only a few days away.

    i would normally agree, but DbD has a pretty big lore section that gets expanded even more with the tomes etc. and we already have several heterosexual relationships mentioned here.

    so including LGBT+ topics at this point is just natural or otherwise it would be exclusion..

    it will also never effect the gameplay in any way, there will never be a daring feature in the fog..

  • Don't listen to the people who don't care. There's a reason I run around as Meg in a skirt-- It reminds me of my style and makes me feel like it's, well, me in the game! She can be whoever I want, feel however I feel, and it in turn makes me feel more immersed. It would be wonderful to have confirmed LGBTQ+ representation, but for now, I think it's nice to imagine them and build a story for characters that we feel attached to! Have fun with it :)!

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802340#Comment_1802340

    i would normally agree, but DbD has a pretty big lore section that gets expanded even more with the tomes etc. and we already have several heterosexual relationships mentioned here.

    so including LGBT+ topics at this point is just natural or otherwise it would be exclusion..

    it will also never effect the gameplay in any way, there will never be a daring feature in the fog..

    Like I said, it wouldn't matter to me at the end of the day either way.

    I just personally don't require representation, that's not why I play video games and I don't look for it in games either.

    Sure, it would be cool if they did. Gay, bi and trans people exist in real life so they would in fiction as well. It just doesn't bother me one way or the other.

  • Can confirm, I may as well not exist so far as most people are concerned. Have DEFINITELY been in LGBT+ groups that would rather it be LG+alittleT.

    Although I would honestly rather the Devs just roll a dice to determine such pointless stuff.

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801704#Comment_1801704

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801709#Comment_1801709

    Why? It's fictional. And the need to be 'represented' in fiction is of a lesser mindset than a child

    as a kid I didn't pretend to be Rambo because he was white, and i didn't care that the teenage mutant turtles were green turtles and not white humans.. adults should be able to move past these things

    There is no need for the insults but okay

  • There is barely a ghost of a plot in this game, its a 1v4 PvP style quick-match game. We don't need to bring sexuality of any kind into this game, it just seems so out of place. Forced really.

    There are killers, there are survivors, do gens, get hooks, kill, survive to play again. Repeat.

    The end.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Can confirm, I may as well not exist so far as most people are concerned. Have DEFINITELY been in LGBT+ groups that would rather it be LG+alittleT.

    Although I would honestly rather the Devs just roll a dice to determine such pointless stuff.

    Although I would honestly rather the Devs just roll a dice to determine such pointless stuff.

    Alright, you've changed my view. That seems like the most equitable way. In fact, they should probably do this for every character, just randomize country of origin, skin tone, sex, and orientation.

  • @Zender said:

    There is barely a ghost of a plot in this game, its a 1v4 PvP style quick-match game. We don't need to bring sexuality of any kind into this game, it just seems so out of place. Forced really.

    There are killers, there are survivors, do gens, get hooks, kill, survive to play again. Repeat.

    The end.

    If you don't read the lore, it won't affect you.

  • @Zender said:

    There is barely a ghost of a plot in this game, its a 1v4 PvP style quick-match game. We don't need to bring sexuality of any kind into this game, it just seems so out of place. Forced really.

    There are killers, there are survivors, do gens, get hooks, kill, survive to play again. Repeat.

    The end.

    There are already many lore entries, adding LGBT topics (that don’t only revolve around sexuality, but identity, relationships, friendships etc) will not change the game in any way. Also heterosexual relationships with implied sexuality is already a thing. So too late..

  • I'm just praying they won't go the ez and safe cis route by making them Nea or Dwight. Maybe its someone who's tome we haven't gotten too yet.


    I have bigger concerns with the game right now, so I'll just wait and see when they get to a character's tome one day. They have 50 something characters to choose from they'll have the time.

  • @megswifey said:

    Don't listen to the people who don't care. There's a reason I run around as Meg in a skirt-- It reminds me of my style and makes me feel like it's, well, me in the game! She can be whoever I want, feel however I feel, and it in turn makes me feel more immersed. It would be wonderful to have confirmed LGBTQ+ representation, but for now, I think it's nice to imagine them and build a story for characters that we feel attached to! Have fun with it :)!

    This is a great contrast to what I was saying. I choose to play Meg cause I think she's a badass, despite the fact I'm a male. I play games to be someone I'm not, the opposite of representation.

  • Well, I come onto these forums and read so it does affect me. Particularly you Orion, I see a lot of posts by you and many of them seem to revolve around some sexualization agenda. This includes sharing your own personal preferences on these forums.

    Many, myself included, have gotten on just fine in DbD without bringing sexuality (our own or these fake characters) of any kind into the discussion of an asymmetrical horror game.

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    I agree representation is important.

    But as someone who's bi, I could care less about such things in a game like DbD. I've never chosen a character in a game because they are "similar" to me. I choose characters that I think are badass. I relegate characters that are like me to games where I can create said character, like RPGs.

    Certain games are better for this kind of stuff than others. Case in point, Cyberpunk is only a few days away.

    It might be not as important to you but i bet there are people that would deeply appreciate some kind of representation (if it's done well of course).

    There are definetely a LOT of people that pick character becaise they can relate to them

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802340#Comment_1802340

    It might be not as important to you but i bet there are people that would deeply appreciate some kind of representation (if it's done well of course).

    There are definetely a LOT of people that pick character becaise they can relate to them

    I don't disagree with you nor did I suggest otherwise.

    I'm just giving you my opinion on these matters.

  • @Zender said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802376#Comment_1802376

    Well, I come onto these forums and read so it does affect me. Particularly you Orion, I see a lot of posts by you and many of them seem to revolve around some sexualization agenda. This includes sharing your own personal preferences on these forums.

    Many, myself included, have gotten on just fine in DbD without bringing sexuality (our own or these fake characters) of any kind into the discussion of an asymmetrical horror game.

    And many also choose to be against LGBT+ representation but ignore the fact we already got straight relationships with implied sexuality in the lore.

    this is a public forum, people may discuss here what they want as long as they don’t break forum rules.

    and the topic wouldn’t be as heavily featured if it wasn’t for the haters or the ‚don’t care‘- people that somehow always feel the need to comment either way

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802366#Comment_1802366

    Although I would honestly rather the Devs just roll a dice to determine such pointless stuff.

    Alright, you've changed my view. That seems like the most equitable way. In fact, they should probably do this for every character, just randomize country of origin, skin tone, sex, and orientation.

    Something I can stand behind

  • @Zender said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802376#Comment_1802376

    Well, I come onto these forums and read so it does affect me. Particularly you Orion, I see a lot of posts by you and many of them seem to revolve around some sexualization agenda. This includes sharing your own personal preferences on these forums.

    Many, myself included, have gotten on just fine in DbD without bringing sexuality (our own or these fake characters) of any kind into the discussion of an asymmetrical horror game.

    Well, I come onto these forums and read so it does affect me.

    You can ignore threads you don't like, just like you don't read the lore and instead focus on the gameplay.

    Particularly you Orion, I see a lot of posts by you and many of them seem to revolve around some sexualization agenda.

    No agenda here. I have over 17 thousand comments, so it's only natural that I've covered a wide range of subjects. Sexual orientation in particular is a subject

    This includes sharing your own personal preferences on these forums.

    I'm comfortable with my orientation. I see it no differently from a heterosexual mentioning their opposite-sex partner when I mention my BF.

    Many, myself included, have gotten on just fine in DbD without bringing sexuality (our own or these fake characters) of any kind into the discussion of an asymmetrical horror game.

    And that's fine, you don't have to discuss subjects you don't want to.

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802394#Comment_1802394

    I don't disagree with you nor did I suggest otherwise.

    I'm just giving you my opinion on these matters.

    Guess,i just misunderstood your statement a bit

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801847#Comment_1801847

    Usually people who say "change my view/mind" are set in there ways.

    Not me. I enjoy listening to different views and it's beneficial to me, personally.

    Also why would I try to change your mind. Getting any sort of LGBT character is a want by many people. Which one it is doesnt really matter to me, I dont really care to be honest. I just said my peace.

    That's not the view I'm asking you to challenge. Again, the view is "the new LGBT character should be B or T", not "the devs should add LGBT characters".

    It doesn't matter which one they add first if eventually both are represented. Also this is more of a suggestion even if you want it to "cyv".

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801850#Comment_1801850

    It doesn't matter which one they add first if eventually both are represented. Also this is more of a suggestion even if you want it to "cyv".

    It's not a suggestion, it's a discussion with the community (or at least with those who actually stay on topic). If it were a suggestion, it would be aimed at the developers.

  • @Rivyn said:

    So, they create a character, slap something into their bio that indicates whatever color of the spectrum they're on, and that's representation? Fine, go for it, I'm still going to slap you on hook to shut your screams up.

    Rivyn I have never agreed with anything you have said more than this lol

  • I literally said representation is important lol

    It's important overall in the grand scheme of things, but to me, personally, I don't play games to be represented, so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

    As long as something isn't outright insulting the LGBT community, races, or medical ailments, then I'm typically OK with it.

    I play games because I like the game in particular. Overwatch, for example, has a wide range of representation in it and it is commendable that it does that. But for me, it isn't going to change which characters I pick or my enjoyment of the game one way or the other. It's just not what I look for in a game. I look for gameplay first and foremost. Anything else is secondary to that, and as long as it is written well, I will usually enjoy it.

    And that's the main thing for me. It needs to be WRITTEN WELL.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802366#Comment_1802366

    Although I would honestly rather the Devs just roll a dice to determine such pointless stuff.

    Alright, you've changed my view. That seems like the most equitable way. In fact, they should probably do this for every character, just randomize country of origin, skin tone, sex, and orientation.

    "All right, that's a 2, a 6, a 2, and a 3."

    "So, a South African deeply tan pansexual man."

    "Okay, what does that change?"

    "Well, they're still a family doctor that was kidnapped by a local street gang in order to treat their leaders child, sold into virtual slavery and forced to cook drugs after finding out they had a PHd in chemistry before the entity snatched them from their cell."

    "Huh."

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802374#Comment_1802374

    "All right, that's a 2, a 6, a 2, and a 3."

    "So, a South African deeply tan pansexual man."

    "Okay, what does that change?"

    "Well, they're still a family doctor that was kidnapped by a local street gang in order to treat their leaders child, sold into virtual slavery and forced to cook drugs after finding out they had a PHd in chemistry before the entity snatched them from their cell."

    "Huh."

    Exactly, yes.

  • @cannonballB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802297#Comment_1802297

    I'd argue that anyone who responds with this is attention-seeking, especially that now the majority of the US accepts and embraces the LGBT community.

    Representation is extremely important. You don't get to say otherwise just because you don't like it.

    Representation does not matter. This era/generation is literaly full of people demanding equality and recognition. Equinimity is what we should strive for. Representation and celebration of 'difference' or 'same' has no place in the world. It merely sparks people to feel entitled to attention and drama when they don't get spotlighted. It's the generation of PC and hypersensitive hypocrits.

    @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802296#Comment_1802296

    No, "whatever" because the particular laws aren't relevant when there's a bigger point: we don't want DbD getting political. And no, I don't think it's OK to put politics in DbD because political affiliation is the result of a person's personality, not something that influences it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802297#Comment_1802297

    I'm sorry you feel that way.

    PS: It's not a choice any more than liking pineapple is a choice.

    It is a choice. Growing to understand attraction, growing as an individual, growing to desire to want to be a different gender is all choice. Just like choosing to be labelled as something that makes zero sense is a choice. This is why it is an agenda, because the community swarms together to push it on people, to 'raise awareness' to something that honestly doesn't even concern the majority. What someone does with their own life is their business. Unfortunatly, in the age of social media, everyone wants to be involved in everything and everyone. It is delusional to think representation matters, purely because it, honest to god, does not concern anyone elses business but the individual. I may want a character that looks like my body type, or my skin type, but it isn't important, and it is in exactly the same vein as this topic. Sexuality of characters does not matter in a game where that particular aspect is never gonna be explored or expanded on.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802412#Comment_1802412

    It's not a suggestion, it's a discussion with the community (or at least with those who actually stay on topic). If it were a suggestion, it would be aimed at the developers.

    You are suggesting that B's or T's be put in before L's or G's. The discussion is which should be first. Which shouldnt matter because as long as both get their representation like people want in a way that isnt bad its cool.

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802327#Comment_1802327

    Representation does not matter. This era/generation is literaly full of people demanding equality and recognition. Equinimity is what we should strive for. Representation and celebration of 'difference' or 'same' has no place in the world. It merely sparks people to feel entitled to attention and drama when they don't get spotlighted. It's the generation of PC and hypersensitive hypocrits.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802311#Comment_1802311

    It is a choice. Growing to understand attraction, growing as an individual, growing to desire to want to be a different gender is all choice. Just like choosing to be labelled as something that makes zero sense is a choice. This is why it is an agenda, because the community swarms together to push it on people, to 'raise awareness' to something that honestly doesn't even concern the majority. What someone does with their own life is their business. Unfortunatly, in the age of social media, everyone wants to be involved in everything and everyone. It is delusional to think representation matters, purely because it, honest to god, does not concern anyone elses business but the individual. I may want a character that looks like my body type, or my skin type, but it isn't important, and it is in exactly the same vein as this topic. Sexuality of characters does not matter in a game where that particular aspect is never gonna be explored or expanded on.

    Agreed. Representation doesn’t mean jack ######### I loved the Vilain in far cry 4 not because he was gay but because of his personality. They didn’t force him in to the game just because he was gay but because he was a great character

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802417#Comment_1802417

    You are suggesting that B's or T's be put in before L's or G's. The discussion is which should be first. Which shouldnt matter because as long as both get their representation like people want in a way that isnt bad its cool.

    No, I'm saying I think BTs should be put in before LGs. The discussion is because I wanted that opinion challenged, and, as you can see, someone did successfully change my mind.

    And you are aware that you'd be severely reducing the likelihood of getting another white heterosexual character, right?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802441#Comment_1802441

    No, I'm saying I think BTs should be put in before LGs. The discussion is because I wanted that opinion challenged, and, as you can see, someone did successfully change my mind.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802400#Comment_1802400

    And you are aware that you'd be severely reducing the likelihood of getting another white heterosexual character, right?

    Lol idc if a character is white black purple green yellow blue. Pink as long as it isn’t forced to make sjws happy

  • @Healthore77992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801725#Comment_1801725

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but i don't remember in any of the characters lore that is specifically told that they are straight?

    AFAIK Felix is literally the only one who is mentioned to be in a relationship (but I'd also assume David because I've met his type IRL in the UK and they aren't particularly welcoming of LGBT people, assuming they went all in on the violent lager lout hooligan sterotype).

    Outside of that and maybe Quentin and Ash I think its safe to assume literally any survivor could be gay/straight.

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802327#Comment_1802327

    Representation does not matter. This era/generation is literaly full of people demanding equality and recognition. Equinimity is what we should strive for. Representation and celebration of 'difference' or 'same' has no place in the world. It merely sparks people to feel entitled to attention and drama when they don't get spotlighted. It's the generation of PC and hypersensitive hypocrits.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802311#Comment_1802311

    It is a choice. Growing to understand attraction, growing as an individual, growing to desire to want to be a different gender is all choice. Just like choosing to be labelled as something that makes zero sense is a choice. This is why it is an agenda, because the community swarms together to push it on people, to 'raise awareness' to something that honestly doesn't even concern the majority. What someone does with their own life is their business. Unfortunatly, in the age of social media, everyone wants to be involved in everything and everyone. It is delusional to think representation matters, purely because it, honest to god, does not concern anyone elses business but the individual. I may want a character that looks like my body type, or my skin type, but it isn't important, and it is in exactly the same vein as this topic. Sexuality of characters does not matter in a game where that particular aspect is never gonna be explored or expanded on.

    I'm gonna have to hard disagree that sexuality is a choice and agree with @Orion example, although I use spaghetti instead.

    You don't choose to like a particular food, in this case, spaghetti. It's a chemical impulse in your brain that tells you "hey, that tastes pretty good." You didn't choose to enjoy it, your biological system told you that you enjoyed it.

    The same goes for physical attraction in another person, whether they be of the same gender or not. If I look at a dude and think he's hot, I didn't choose to think that way, that's how my brain responds to seeing a hot dude. It's the same exact reason why art is subjective to each person.

    I'm not gonna address the representation portion of your argument because while I think it is important, it isn't important to me as a person, so I understand your sentiments here.

    But saying these things are a choice is just laughably wrong to me.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801739#Comment_1801739

    AFAIK Felix is literally the only one who is mentioned to be in a relationship (but I'd also assume David because I've met his type IRL in the UK and they aren't particularly welcoming of LGBT people, assuming they went all in on the violent lager lout hooligan sterotype).

    You're wrong. The first character to have a relationship mentioned was the Nurse, who used to be married. Frank and Julie had a relationship as well, which was the main focus of the Legion's Tome (funny how nobody complained about this).

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802452#Comment_1802452

    You're wrong. The first character to have a relationship mentioned was the Nurse, who used to be married. Frank and Julie had a relationship as well, which was the main focus of the Legion's Tome (funny how nobody complained about this).

    Oh my b. I was only thinking of the survivors. Never really paid that much attention to killer lore despite being a killer player. Most of them are rather bland.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802441#Comment_1802441

    No, I'm saying I think BTs should be put in before LGs. The discussion is because I wanted that opinion challenged, and, as you can see, someone did successfully change my mind.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802400#Comment_1802400

    And you are aware that you'd be severely reducing the likelihood of getting another white heterosexual character, right?

    Yeah I seen someone change your mind. But you still made a suggestion. For example bisexual erasure was one reason you wanted bisexuals to be represented first. The discussion was whether trans or bisexuals be represented first.

  • @Zender said:

    There is barely a ghost of a plot in this game, its a 1v4 PvP style quick-match game. We don't need to bring sexuality of any kind into this game, it just seems so out of place. Forced really.

    There are killers, there are survivors, do gens, get hooks, kill, survive to play again. Repeat.

    The end.

    /thread

1 2 3 4 5 … 7