CMV: The first confirmed LGBT character should be either bisexual or trans

I don't like these CMV threads, but I felt the format was appropriate since I am actually looking for an outside perspective.

Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like the BTs get thrown to the wayside, as it were, when it comes to LGBT discussions. 95% of the time it's about LGs, if not just Gs. Among BTs, Bs in particular are ignored or portrayed as lunatics who want to have sex with everyone. Bi erasure is quite common, even among the LGBT community, and we all know what Ts go through.

For these reasons, IMO, the first confirmed LGBT character should be either bisexual or trans.

EDIT: If you "don't care", then this thread is not for you.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1804542#Comment_1804542

    Why do you want to dictate how others feel about this?

    what harm would it do to add them?

    i care, many others care. Where is your problem with that? It would literally have zero impact on you or your gaming experience

    It would if they forced gay/trans characters into the game, I don't want to see that. If you want it use your imagination.

  • @MasonOliver123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1804555#Comment_1804555

    Why do you care, since you clearly feel the need to respond. You make posts about LGBT every week, it really is pointless, bunch of Karens.

    Can you answer the question instead of trying to deflect? Especially when you make such blatantly false claims.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1804455#Comment_1804455

    yes the devs dont tell you anything about sexuality etc.

    Wrong. Since the Nurse, some characters have had their (heterosexual) orientation mentioned.

    So you want a LGBT Killer????? The only thing they mentioned is that she was hetero before she went crazy and turned into a killer. I feel like after she went crazy she doesnt even care about any kind of sexuality anymore. So as I said. Everyone has theire own imagination about chars ingame. There is so much room for interpretation. A specific LGBT char will hurt this game :)

  • @MasonOliver123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1804563#Comment_1804563

    It would if they forced gay/trans characters into the game, I don't want to see that. If you want it use your imagination.

    That's alright, just don't read the lore and you won't see anything.

  • @Justice4Billy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1804496#Comment_1804496

    So you want a LGBT Killer????? The only thing they mentioned is that she was hetero before she went crazy and turned into a killer. I feel like after she went crazy she doesnt even care about any kind of sexuality anymore. So as I said. Everyone has theire own imagination about chars ingame. There is so much room for interpretation. A specific LGBT char will hurt this game :)

    I'm not asking for an LGBT character, that's already a given. A "specific" LGBT character will have the same effect as all the "specific" heterosexual characters because there's no difference.

  • Why not use your imagination and pretend they're non-LGBT?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1804603#Comment_1804603

    Why not use your imagination and pretend they're non-LGBT?

    Things are fine as they are, no need to change anything, it's not been in the game for over 3-4 years, why start now.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803457#Comment_1803457

    Let them. The devs didn't kowtow to racists, which is why the game has non-white characters. I don't see why they should kowtow to those people.

    Based on that logic the fact that the game has "white" characters at all would make the devs racist. Generalizations are generally bad. Especially when you try to inject American politics into things without consideration to how the rest of the world simply....exists. Game doesn't have any ethnic Native Americans unless you wanna count ACE which is far south and removed culturally from the rest of the "natives". But out of all the randomness they add into this game a north american native would fit best considering the cultural lore behind monsters and spirits told here and passed down. That being said a Chief without a feather is still a Chief. Wrapping ourselves up in surfaces will always lead people to ignore what lays underneath.

  • @MasonOliver123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1804615#Comment_1804615

    How sad you are, can't come up with any productive arguments so you just use the ones I said to you. Things are fine as they are, no need to change anything, it's not been in the game for over 3-4 years, why start now.

    You literally have no argument. This thread is full of arguments pro inclusion. and there is literally none against.

    you want to force exclusion. The devs want to add LGBT chars. There is no force involved here.

    btw you are the Karen here. Asking for exclusion of LGBT because it hurts you is a pretty damn ‚Karen‘-thing to do.


    the LGBT community is only asking for equal treatment, nothing more.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1804396#Comment_1804396

    They still want to do it right and not just say it just to have it done and over.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1804352#Comment_1804352

    we already have some kinds of handicapped representation. There is no need to ask for more when we know they are already included.

    Oh please do explain.

  • Ash is an amputee (arm/hand amputated)

    Hillbilly was born disfigured.

    Claudette has a skin condition.

    Yui is crosseyed.

    Deathslinger has some issue with his leg.

    There is probably more I don’t think of right now.

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802327#Comment_1802327

    Representation does not matter. This era/generation is literaly full of people demanding equality and recognition. Equinimity is what we should strive for. Representation and celebration of 'difference' or 'same' has no place in the world. It merely sparks people to feel entitled to attention and drama when they don't get spotlighted. It's the generation of PC and hypersensitive hypocrits.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802311#Comment_1802311

    It is a choice. Growing to understand attraction, growing as an individual, growing to desire to want to be a different gender is all choice. Just like choosing to be labelled as something that makes zero sense is a choice. This is why it is an agenda, because the community swarms together to push it on people, to 'raise awareness' to something that honestly doesn't even concern the majority. What someone does with their own life is their business. Unfortunatly, in the age of social media, everyone wants to be involved in everything and everyone. It is delusional to think representation matters, purely because it, honest to god, does not concern anyone elses business but the individual. I may want a character that looks like my body type, or my skin type, but it isn't important, and it is in exactly the same vein as this topic. Sexuality of characters does not matter in a game where that particular aspect is never gonna be explored or expanded on.

    You are not the arbiter of what does and does not matter. No one cares if you like it or not. We are going to ask for it, and we will get it or we will take our money elsewhere.

    Guess whos going to win. Hint: Not you.

  • does it matter what race/gender/sexuality the killer/survivor is? because at the end of the day the game is about a killer killing 4 survivors when they have tasks to do to escape

  • @the_new said:

    does it matter what race/gender/sexuality the killer/survivor is? because at the end of the day the game is about a killer killing 4 survivors when they have tasks to do to escape

    To people who have rarely (if ever) seen themselves represented in media, it can matter.

  • @the_new said:

    does it matter what race/gender/sexuality the killer/survivor is? because at the end of the day the game is about a killer killing 4 survivors when they have tasks to do to escape

    Yes. I like playing people who are similar to myself. Period. This isn't hard to understand.

    If it didn't matter, everyone would pick the same survivor all the time. They don't. People have different "mains" and it's because of how they look.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1804911#Comment_1804911

    Ash is an amputee (arm/hand amputated)

    Hillbilly was born disfigured.

    Claudette has a skin condition.

    Yui is crosseyed.

    Deathslinger has some issue with his leg.

    There is probably more I don’t think of right now.

    Hehe ok then we have enough LGBT representation because i haven't seen any articles like this talking about the handicap appeal of DBD. https://www.wired.com/story/queer-appeal-dead-by-daylight-lgbtq-community/amp

  • @Jed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1804946#Comment_1804946

    Hehe ok then we have enough LGBT representation because i haven't seen any articles like this talking about the handicap appeal of DBD. https://www.wired.com/story/queer-appeal-dead-by-daylight-lgbtq-community/amp

    That doesn’t even make any sense.

    we have currently no confirmed LGBT char in the roster, but several that are handicapped.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1805050#Comment_1805050

    That doesn’t even make any sense.

    we have currently no confirmed LGBT char in the roster, but several that are handicapped.

    Well obviously we dont have to have a LGBT character to appeal to the LGBT community in DBD because this article exists. Here it is again in case you (or anyone else trying to make this a issue) didn't read it. https://www.wired.com/story/queer-appeal-dead-by-daylight-lgbtq-community/amp

  • @Jed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1805089#Comment_1805089

    Well obviously we dont have to have a LGBT character to appeal to the LGBT community in DBD because this article exists. Here it is again in case you (or anyone else trying to make this a issue) didn't read it. https://www.wired.com/story/queer-appeal-dead-by-daylight-lgbtq-community/amp

    What's your point? Nobody said this was needed, people have been saying this is wanted. The devs recognize this, which is why they chose to do it.

  • @Jed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1805089#Comment_1805089

    Well obviously we dont have to have a LGBT character to appeal to the LGBT community in DBD because this article exists. Here it is again in case you (or anyone else trying to make this a issue) didn't read it. https://www.wired.com/story/queer-appeal-dead-by-daylight-lgbtq-community/amp

    Oh that’s your argument. Sweet. So you are saying the argument that they are only doing it to get money from the LGBT community doesn’t hold any longer because they already get the money.

    thanks for that 👍


    now the argument for inclusion was never to appeal to LGBT people, but to treat them equally. Which is not a given and therefore inclusion in this regard is still needed.

  • It's not a choice and you're conflating sexual intercourse with sexual attraction. The latter is what defines your sexual orientation, not the former.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802701#Comment_1802701

    "Normalizing" would mean adding LGBT characters without anyone making a fuss over it, the same way they didn't make a fuss over the heterosexual characters we've had over the years.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802712#Comment_1802712

    Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transexual = LGBT

    So what do you think L, G, B, T, LG, and BT stand for?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802725#Comment_1802725

    And we haven't even release a canon LGBTQ character but yet you're saying people are complaining about it?

    Yes. Literally just read this thread.

    Bruh you need to look up the def of complaining cause like no one here is complaining about LBTQ characters

  • @oh_0k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803261#Comment_1803261

    Bruh you need to look up the def of complaining cause like no one here is complaining about LBTQ characters

    complaining

    /kəmˈpleɪnɪŋ/

    noun

    noun: complaining

    the expression of dissatisfaction or annoyance about something.

    "his complaining has been a little bit annoying"

    adjective

    adjective: complaining

    expressing dissatisfaction or annoyance about something.

    "she apologized to the complaining crowd"

    I've seen a lot of people expressing annoyance in this thread. However, maybe you have a different definition of "complaining", in which case I'd appreciate it if you just said what you meant.

  • @Orion said:

    I don't like these CMV threads, but I felt the format was appropriate since I am actually looking for an outside perspective.

    Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like the BTs get thrown to the wayside, as it were, when it comes to LGBT discussions. 95% of the time it's about LGs, if not just Gs. Among BTs, Bs in particular are ignored or portrayed as lunatics who want to have sex with everyone. Bi erasure is quite common, even among the LGBT community, and we all know what Ts go through.

    For these reasons, IMO, the first confirmed LGBT character should be either bisexual or trans.

    EDIT: If you "don't care", then this thread is not for you.

    how about and openly gay character that's not lesbians? meaning 2 guys

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801699#Comment_1801699

    Representation is important, and people (maybe not you) absolutely care about it.

    Which characters have sexual representation at all in any fashion today?

    At the moment you have a game where any character could be anything, but for some reason it's important to identify it from a back story perspective?

    What value does that add?

  • @crowbarman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801704#Comment_1801704

    Which characters have sexual representation at all in any fashion today?

    At the moment you have a game where any character could be anything, but for some reason it's important to identify it from a back story perspective?

    What value does that add?

    Which characters have sexual representation at all in any fashion today?

    Off the top of my head? Nurse, David, Felix, Frank, Julie, Ace.

    At the moment you have a game where any character could be anything

    Patently untrue.

  • It occurs to me that Victor must be the first trans character.

    Think about it: he's male, yet a conjoined twin with a female. not possible, unless one of them is trans. and since Charlotte seems to have breasts in a time when she certainly couldn't get implants, it must be Victor.

    Also makes sense since his lower half was stuck inside Charlotte, so the ignorant peasants wouldn't have realized anything was off if he called himself male.

  • @Falkner09 said:

    It occurs to me that Victor must be the first trans character.

    Think about it: he's male, yet a conjoined twin with a female. not possible, unless one of them is trans. and since Charlotte seems to have breasts in a time when she certainly couldn't get implants, it must be Victor.

    Also makes sense since his lower half was stuck inside Charlotte, so the ignorant peasants wouldn't have realized anything was off if he called himself male.

    Interesting statement, but I doubt the devs really gave the science and implications any thought. Also, despite us calling them conjoined twins, they're not really conjoined. They are, in fact, two bodies, one wrapped around the other's insides.

  • @Falkner09 said:

    It occurs to me that Victor must be the first trans character.

    Think about it: he's male, yet a conjoined twin with a female. not possible, unless one of them is trans. and since Charlotte seems to have breasts in a time when she certainly couldn't get implants, it must be Victor.

    Also makes sense since his lower half was stuck inside Charlotte, so the ignorant peasants wouldn't have realized anything was off if he called himself male.

    That would at least be an explanation for not same sex conjoined twins, yeah.

    But there are still some issues with this: Victor died a very young age and probably wasn’t mentally evolved enough to make up his mind about this.


    honestly the lore and biology of the twins feel just as ‚rushed‘ as the rest of the chapter

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1806376#Comment_1806376

    Interesting statement, but I doubt the devs really gave the science and implications any thought. Also, despite us calling them conjoined twins, they're not really conjoined. They are, in fact, two bodies, one wrapped around the other's insides.

    but that is conjoined. it's the Entity that separated them.

  • @Falkner09 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1806402#Comment_1806402

    but that is conjoined. it's the Entity that separated them.

    Conjoined means one body. It might have multiple limbs or internal organs, but it is a singular body. Victor can literally detach from Charlotte because he "resides" in her chest cavity. Look up what conjoined twins look like and see if you notice the difference.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1806412#Comment_1806412

    Conjoined means one body. It might have multiple limbs or internal organs, but it is a singular body. Victor can literally detach from Charlotte because he "resides" in her chest cavity. Look up what conjoined twins look like and see if you notice the difference.

    I haven’t read the lore but aren’t they described as conjoined and couldn’t separate in the real world?

    i thought the Entity granted this ability and gave Victor for this form the missing organs/limbs he needed..

  • I'm more gameplay oriented, and wouldn't care one way or another what the gender/sexual background of a character is.

    That said, I would prefer LG before BT. LG has been fighting for rights and representation for ages, and still barely gets any. They have been the public face of that struggle, and skipping them feels like snubbing them despite their very open and hard fought victories for equal rights and representation. I'm NOT saying the BT crowd doesn't fight, or doesn't deserve something. I am saying that it would feel more correct to first give service to those that came out first in numbers that couldn't be ignored in order to stand for their rights. LG put up with the American government hoping AIDS would wipe them out. They powered through that, made everyone become painfully aware they were humans that were suffering, and gave everyone else the room to express themselves that they have today. It's not perfect yet, but it's a start, and the LG crowd created that start with bodies and bravery. If ANYONE deserves some time in the spotlight in a niche video game, I'd give it to them first.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1806445#Comment_1806445

    I haven’t read the lore but aren’t they described as conjoined and couldn’t separate in the real world?

    i thought the Entity granted this ability and gave Victor for this form the missing organs/limbs he needed..

    I'm not sure. I haven't fully read their lore myself, haven't found the time to do so. I'll check the wiki.

    EDIT: They are indeed described as conjoined twins. I've no idea what the devs were thinking, then, but I'll go with my other option: they simply didn't look into the biological implications.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1806457#Comment_1806457

    I'm not sure. I haven't fully read their lore myself, haven't found the time to do so. I'll check the wiki.

    EDIT: They are indeed described as conjoined twins. I've no idea what the devs were thinking, then, but I'll go with my other option: they simply didn't look into the biological implications.

    Yeah. Same.

    or Victor didn’t have any genitalia in the first place, people didn’t know that conjoined twins were always same sex back then and they just gave Victor for some unknown reason a male name..

    but well.. we probably will never know.

  • @cannonballB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1804976#Comment_1804976

    Yes. I like playing people who are similar to myself. Period. This isn't hard to understand.

    If it didn't matter, everyone would pick the same survivor all the time. They don't. People have different "mains" and it's because of how they look.

    fair

  • @loopah said:

    hey mods this thread is pretty much "spreading negativity", it is an ideal candidate to be closed so why keeping it alive?

    the point is "changing my view (CMV)" of an individual that will not change his+her view or what? please close

    Someone already did change my view, it was several pages ago.

    Don't assume.

  • All people have to do is stop replying in it and it will die.

  • I’m really trying to keep this civil but I don’t understand why this need to be represented. It already happens everywhere, we get plenty of it, yet people still feel the need to push this onto things like games.

    I’m honestly more happy with stuff not trying to shove a character like that into my face.

    before anyone makes any assumptions, I’m not straight.

  • @Orion said:

    I don't like these CMV threads, but I felt the format was appropriate since I am actually looking for an outside perspective.

    Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like the BTs get thrown to the wayside, as it were, when it comes to LGBT discussions. 95% of the time it's about LGs, if not just Gs. Among BTs, Bs in particular are ignored or portrayed as lunatics who want to have sex with everyone. Bi erasure is quite common, even among the LGBT community, and we all know what Ts go through.

    For these reasons, IMO, the first confirmed LGBT character should be either bisexual or trans.

    EDIT: If you "don't care", then this thread is not for you.

    Are you assuming all the characters gender? What if the Oni is a girl? I'm offended.

  • @blue4zion said:

    I’m really trying to keep this civil but I don’t understand why this need to be represented. It already happens everywhere, we get plenty of it, yet people still feel the need to push this onto things like games.

    I’m honestly more happy with stuff not trying to shove a character like that into my face.

    before anyone makes any assumptions, I’m not straight.

    I’m really trying to keep this civil but I don’t understand why this need to be represented. It already happens everywhere, we get plenty of it, yet people still feel the need to push this onto things like games.

    Who's pushing? The devs said they'd do it, this thread is not about that.

    I’m honestly more happy with stuff not trying to shove a character like that into my face.

    Stay out of the lore and it won't affect you.

    before anyone makes any assumptions, I’m not straight.

    I don't see the significance.

    Not assuming, no, since it's explicitly stated in their lore.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1807462#Comment_1807462

    I’m really trying to keep this civil but I don’t understand why this need to be represented. It already happens everywhere, we get plenty of it, yet people still feel the need to push this onto things like games.

    Who's pushing? The devs said they'd do it, this thread is not about that.

    I’m honestly more happy with stuff not trying to shove a character like that into my face.

    Stay out of the lore and it won't affect you.

    before anyone makes any assumptions, I’m not straight.

    I don't see the significance.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1807465#Comment_1807465

    Not assuming, no, since it's explicitly stated in their lore.

    On the lore says "Oni is a cisgender boi" ? Maybe the Oni doesn't know that he/she is transgender cause he was born in a less cultured age.

  • @NotTrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1807477#Comment_1807477

    On the lore says "Oni is a cisgender boi" ? Maybe the Oni doesn't know that he/she is transgender cause he was born in a less cultured age.

    Trans people have been known about for thousands of years, with some cultures even having a third gender.

  • @flickybilly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801704#Comment_1801704

    representation is literally not important, thank you and have a good day. the only reason bhvr would add an lgbt character isn't because they care it's because it gives their messy game a good name. but i don't blame them, cuz it works. i mean look at you people :D

    It's not important for you, but there are other people playing the game. For some of them, it is important. For the others, it won't have any negative effect on them, so there's no reason for them to oppose it.

  • I personally don't think the devs will specifically state what sexuality the LGBT character we get is.

    Not_queen did mention in the stream that they want to create an LGBT character who's sexuality doesn't define them. To me, that seems like a small little part in their lore that mentions a same sex relationship, but doesn't expand on it. So the mention of a boyfriend for a male character or girlfriend for a female.

    This doesn't mean that the character couldn't be bisexual. No more then it means the Nurse, Frank, Julie, David, and Felix could all be bisexual as well, as none of those characters have been confirmed as heterosexual, just merely were in past heterosexual relationships. I believe the devs will treat an LGBT character the same way as they have their "straight" ones. They'll mention a relationship but won't won't dive too deep into their sexuality.

  • @Orion said:

    I don't like these CMV threads, but I felt the format was appropriate since I am actually looking for an outside perspective.

    Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like the BTs get thrown to the wayside, as it were, when it comes to LGBT discussions. 95% of the time it's about LGs, if not just Gs. Among BTs, Bs in particular are ignored or portrayed as lunatics who want to have sex with everyone. Bi erasure is quite common, even among the LGBT community, and we all know what Ts go through.

    For these reasons, IMO, the first confirmed LGBT character should be either bisexual or trans.

    EDIT: If you "don't care", then this thread is not for you.

    I think instead of making a brand new character that's LGBT, they should reveal that a character already is in one of the archive lore things. This way, them being LGBT isn't their entire personality.

  • @druggedpug69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/211735/cmv-the-first-confirmed-lgbt-character-should-be-either-bisexual-or-trans

    I think instead of making a brand new character that's LGBT, they should reveal that a character already is in one of the archive lore things. This way, them being LGBT isn't their entire personality.

    They actually confirmed there is such a character already created with being LGBT in mind.

    i also expected them to reveal this in a tome story..

  • @M4dBoOmr said:

    First we need a Fat character!

    Okay, but Jane Romero seems to be a bigger girl already. Are you saying that we should have a morbidly obese character? I don't think that would make a lot of sense in a game where we have to run from killers. It would look odd.

  • @Hekate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802762#Comment_1802762

    Okay, but Jane Romero seems to be a bigger girl already. Are you saying that we should have a morbidly obese character? I don't think that would make a lot of sense in a game where we have to run from killers. It would look odd.

    I mean her ass is really only the fat part of her body. Her waist is rather skinny or average at best. I think they're wanting a bigger character who's big in every aspect of their body. Kinda like Carl the cashier.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1808441#Comment_1808441

    I mean her ass is really only the fat part of her body. Her waist is rather skinny or average at best. I think they're wanting a bigger character who's big in every aspect of their body. Kinda like Carl the cashier.

    What about Jeff. People literally call him fat Jesus. He's built like a dump truck. Not to mention whenever he runs he sounds like he's one step away from passing out.

1 … 4 5 6 7