Killers Need to Stop Taking Chases so Personally

I swear every game where I manage to do well in a chase, more than half the time I get a killer who will sit there on me, teabag me, shake their head frantically like they just won the E- Superbowl. I'm sorry that it took you eight chases to finally down me, but it's not my fault, dude.

It makes me not want to get better at chases. I'd rather be knocked down in 15 seconds and hooked, than to do well in a chase for a minute and get slapped around and told no like a bad nanny for an extra minute. Yeah it's good for the game but it's certainly not enjoyable to experience. I'm already high adrenaline from managing to somehow survive a chase for that long, now you want me to take a beating I didn't deserve?

Comments

  • Killers everywhere would appreciate you if you commit to being downed and hooked within 15 seconds. Take it easy...relax...

  • how dare you outrun the w key gamer with two/three stacks of blood lust. what sort of monster are you?

  • I hate when I get found and get that awful lil dance of victory followed by slashing on the hook. My poor, pink Meg... crying on that hook with a slashing camper... I can't even think about it!

  • I had a David I wasn't even going to kill I was running silly perks and letting people go when on their death hook- but the dude was laggy as hell and teleporting around so much I whiffed like 12+ attacks so when I finally got him I killed him.

    That is about the only time in the past week I've really gotten personally attached to a chase lol.

  • @Terra92 said:

    I swear every game where I manage to do well in a chase, more than half the time I get a killer who will sit there on me, teabag me, shake their head frantically like they just won the E- Superbowl. I'm sorry that it took you eight chases to finally down me, but it's not my fault, dude.

    It makes me not want to get better at chases. I'd rather be knocked down in 15 seconds and hooked, than to do well in a chase for a minute and get slapped around and told no like a bad nanny for an extra minute. Yeah it's good for the game but it's certainly not enjoyable to experience. I'm already high adrenaline from managing to somehow survive a chase for that long, now you want me to take a beating I didn't deserve?

    And every time I take control of the match once I have the advantage by slugging and "tunneling" or by patrolling a high priority area that happens to have a survivor hooked in it, I'd rather not be berated for being a filthy piece of ######### that needs a life. Both sides are shamed for playing well. Not survivor exclusive, and no one is going to listen anyway

  • @MythMage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/208901/killers-need-to-stop-taking-chases-so-personally

    And every time I take control of the match once I have the advantage by slugging and "tunneling" or by patrolling a high priority area that happens to have a survivor hooked in it, I'd rather not be berated for being a filthy piece of ######### that needs a life. Both sides are shamed for playing well. Not survivor exclusive, and no one is going to listen anyway

    That's not a counter argument to my anecdotal experience. That's taking what I said and ramping up the concept to metacritical proportions.

    I get the same crap when I do well as a Killer. This garbage just feels like the same idea behind keys, moris, and flashlights, only at a core value. "Don't try to be good at the game, you'll just be attacked for it."

  • Yeah everytime I do well I always get camped even if I don't tbag or click because I never do those things. I think if you do good in chase a lot you just have to have DS so you can do something once your unhooked rather than just go right back on.

  • @Terra92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777928#Comment_1777928

    That's not a counter argument to my anecdotal experience. That's taking what I said and ramping up the concept to metacritical proportions.

    I get the same crap when I do well as a Killer. This garbage just feels like the same idea behind keys, moris, and flashlights, only at a core value. "Don't try to be good at the game, you'll just be attacked for it."

    I try not to complain on the forums because:

    A.) If it's a balance or feedback complaint, the devs won't give a flying f**k what we think (they don't even listen to their own Fog Whisperers)

    B.) If it's a community/behavioral issue, people don't give a s**t.

    C.) If it's about literally anything, people don't care. The only thing we can do is say "hey, this is an issue" and hope people gain more than 2 braincells within their lifespan.

    Also, not trying to provide a counter argument. Just trying to say "I hear ya, but everyone deals with it and no one seems intent on stopping it, so why we bitching." 😞 It's a shame I have to say that. This game and it's community has gone to s**t. Shame too

  • Not to be rude but why are you taking the killer gloating so seriously.

    Whether it be is shaking their head or smacking you on hook why are you taking it so seriously that you have to do a whole forum post about it.

  • @MythMage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777936#Comment_1777936

    I try not to complain on the forums because:

    A.) If it's a balance or feedback complaint, the devs won't give a flying f**k what we think (they don't even listen to their own Fog Whisperers)

    B.) If it's a community/behavioral issue, people don't give a s**t.

    C.) If it's about literally anything, people don't care. The only thing we can do is say "hey, this is an issue" and hope people gain more than 2 braincells within their lifespan.

    Also, not trying to provide a counter argument. Just trying to say "I hear ya, but everyone deals with it and no one seems intent on stopping it, so why we bitching." 😞 It's a shame I have to say that. This game and it's community has gone to s**t. Shame too

    I see a lot of "counter" arguments here, which basically sum up, "Oh you think X has it rough? Well Y has it rougher so your point is invalid!"

    I may have read it that way, my apologies.

  • @Volfawott said:

    Not to be rude but why are you taking the killer gloating so seriously.

    Whether it be is shaking their head or smacking you on hook why are you taking it so seriously that you have to do a whole forum post about it.

    I guess you missed out on the countless “Toxic” T-bags & Flashlight clicking threads that come up every now & then.

  • Honestly if I've managed to take the killer on a grand tour of the entire map and they want to throw the match to facecamp me and go out of their way to make sure I die, I've already won at that point lol.

  • Well y'all seem to think you're about 60 IQ above me when you Dead Hard for distance off of a generator, click your flashlight macro, and then jump into a locker with DS, so forgive me if I celebrate when I manage to down an ######### like that.

  • Killers have to put up with survivors who teabag after every pallet stun/drop... window.... strong loop

    Click flashlights at random times.... Wait till the last second to leave after "winning"

    So what a killer does some of that back at you... don't take it personally

  • I find it really amusing when i'm doing pretty well in a chase and because the killer finally manages to pull off one good play, they celebrate like crazy.

  • Well it's to be expected. You've made them lose the match (ofc on basis that they decided to chase you) with your superior chase skills thus they're salty and want to get back at you. If it's annoying you that much, you can either go down early on purpose or improve at juking (losing the chase) so that once you've wasted enough of their time in chase you lose them and survive.

    It's the same as tunneling someone off early if they suck at chases, survivor gets salty for losing because they weren't able to evade or outchase the killer and take it personally. Both sides could take a chill pill if they lose insted of beiing sore losers, taking it out on the other side.

  • Pretty much my reaction in a chase that lasts for hours, like the one I had this last match with a David who looped Killer Shack window into a window on a wall right outside back and forth, was to go: "Jesus #########, finally."

    That David died a quick and painful death on the hook as my Dying Light reached its seventh stack, and the other two Survivors gave up.

    They gave up. On Wraith running Dying Light.

    Frankly, when your best looper goes down after a 3-minute chase that looks like something out of Scooby-Doo, and you can't even get a generator done or heal by that point, I'd probably call it a day, too.

  • Have you played during the insta blind days?

  • @Terra92 said:

    I swear every game where I manage to do well in a chase, more than half the time I get a killer who will sit there on me, teabag me, shake their head frantically like they just won the E- Superbowl. I'm sorry that it took you eight chases to finally down me, but it's not my fault, dude.

    It makes me not want to get better at chases. I'd rather be knocked down in 15 seconds and hooked, than to do well in a chase for a minute and get slapped around and told no like a bad nanny for an extra minute. Yeah it's good for the game but it's certainly not enjoyable to experience. I'm already high adrenaline from managing to somehow survive a chase for that long, now you want me to take a beating I didn't deserve?

    I love it when killers do this. Knowing that I was such an annoyance to catch that they’ll throw the game to kill me is basically the biggest compliment I could receive. If I can get a long, fun chase I don’t even care if I escape most of the time.

    You have to see the funny side of it and not take it personally. That person is mad at you because you played better than average and made their game difficult.

  • I wish I had more time as a killer to entertain chases but due to the nature of the game I can't afford to do that. I find chasing survivors my favourite activity but unfortunately I know I can not invest much time in that action.

    I need to protect my gens get my happiness helmets on people and try to get my hooks where I can.

    I have seen the frustration from the survivor that is doing extremely well in a chase as I abandoned them they normally show frustration in loud vaulting noise notifications.

    I'm sorry yes I was having fun but if I stay on you it's game over for me not personal or anything. I am hoping to keep things going longer so next time I can maybe give you more time in the chase.

    It's kinda sad for me as chases to me are extremely fun. Time is not a luxury killer has.

    🐷💖

    BTW I enjoy those that show knowledge in the game make me learn and become better with my killer play.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/208901/killers-need-to-stop-taking-chases-so-personally

    I love it when killers do this. Knowing that I was such an annoyance to catch that they’ll throw the game to kill me is basically the biggest compliment I could receive. If I can get a long, fun chase I don’t even care if I escape most of the time.

    You have to see the funny side of it and not take it personally. That person is mad at you because you played better than average and made their game difficult.

    Some might even mean it as a compliment. Some nurses will nod if they down you after you mind gamed the hell out of them for like a couple gens for example.

    On the other hand I'll oink at a survivor as pig if they got downed after doing as otz would say "A big brain play" like deadhard into a wall or something.

    My point is I wouldn't take anything too seriously, you don't know the person really, try not to overthink it.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    Killers have to put up with survivors who teabag after every pallet stun/drop... window.... strong loop

    Click flashlights at random times.... Wait till the last second to leave after "winning"

    So what a killer does some of that back at you... don't take it personally

    Two bad behaviors doesn't equal a good one. That's what immaturity looks like.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1778138#Comment_1778138

    Two bad behaviors doesn't equal a good one. That's what immaturity looks like.

    I don't do all that stuff... But yea

  • @Customapple0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777973#Comment_1777973

    I guess you missed out on the countless “Toxic” T-bags & Flashlight clicking threads that come up every now & then.

    The same thing goes to them they don't get immunity just because their Killers.

    I'm not going to pretend like I'm a saint and act like BMS doesn't annoy me whether I'm a survivor or a killer however it's usually a bit of annoyance during that match and then I move on.

    I really consider that there no need to message the killer / survivor afterwards or make a forum post about it.

    People bm it's annoying in the moment but that's it

  • Relax, you'll get your selfie

  • @Bard said:

    Well y'all seem to think you're about 60 IQ above me when you Dead Hard for distance off of a generator, click your flashlight macro, and then jump into a locker with DS, so forgive me if I celebrate when I manage to down an ######### like that.

    @RaSavage42 said:

    Killers have to put up with survivors who teabag after every pallet stun/drop... window.... strong loop

    Click flashlights at random times.... Wait till the last second to leave after "winning"

    So what a killer does some of that back at you... don't take it personally

    I don't bm. I find it incredibly worthless and I already suck at chases, why would I want to goad the killer into making my game a terrible experience?

  • @Volfawott said:

    Not to be rude but why are you taking the killer gloating so seriously.

    Whether it be is shaking their head or smacking you on hook why are you taking it so seriously that you have to do a whole forum post about it.

    He probably spent 30 seconds typing this post up. And it wasn't like an unhinged rant or anything. Seems like a pretty reasonable pet peeve post to me.

    @RaSavage42 said:

    Killers have to put up with survivors who teabag after every pallet stun/drop... window.... strong loop

    Click flashlights at random times.... Wait till the last second to leave after "winning"

    So what a killer does some of that back at you... don't take it personally

    And a lot of survivors tbag or click because Killers relentlessly tunnel them, tbag and hit on hook. Not really sure what your point is.

  • I agree they shouldn't take it personally but I also kind of love when they do. If I've led a killer around for a while and they facecamp me and BM then I've already won. I don't care if I die or they kill the rest of my team, they've lost and are straight up admitting it.

  • And to OP: it annoys me sometimes but mostly I just roll my eyes or laugh. IMO, if you run a killer around for multiple gens and they shake their head at you or hit you on the hook, it just shows how insecure they are. Rather than take it personally, I just feel bad for them

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    And to OP: it annoys me sometimes but mostly I just roll my eyes or laugh. IMO, if you run a killer around for multiple gens and they shake their head at you or hit you on the hook, it just shows how insecure they are. Rather than take it personally, I just feel bad for them

    I don't take it personally, I just see it often and I'm wondering why they take it personally. Like my skill in the moment is some sort of offensive slur towards their own.

    Like I said, I suck at chases, so I know that when I do well, it's either some big brain moment or(more likely) the killer isn't great at chasing and I happen to be in a good chasing spot on the map.

  • people usually get annoyed at me for not taking chases personally i.e. being opportunistic and slugging everyone without remorse if I get a chance.

    I've never really been bothered as a survivor by killers nodding at me or camping my hook, so I'm not really sure what to say about your experience.

  • @Terra92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777944#Comment_1777944

    I see a lot of "counter" arguments here, which basically sum up, "Oh you think X has it rough? Well Y has it rougher so your point is invalid!"

    I may have read it that way, my apologies.

    nah nah nah, you good. Also, I NEVER try to do that. Just because one side has it worse doesn't mean the other side's issue is non-existent. It's like saying starving African children have it rougher so American homeless people don't get to complain. It's a really stupid mentality.

  • My only gripe because I constantly go on marathon 3-4 gen chases is that it absolutely ruins my ability to score, and that hard cap of reaching max boldness in 45 seconds just hurts. I'm not here to survive every match, I'm here to score sweet sweet bloodpoints.


    Same thing as killer. When I catch myself sweating too hard on a chill team I have to actively dial it back so we can all get some more points.

  • The hypcropisy of this post is unbeilevable.

  • Survivor: Gets in a chase

    Killer:

    image.png


  • says the one who runs, Iron will, DS, Unbreakable, and DH. Plus ultra rare flashlight add-on and purple flashlight.

  • @Terra92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1778086#Comment_1778086

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1778138#Comment_1778138

    I don't bm. I find it incredibly worthless and I already suck at chases, why would I want to goad the killer into making my game a terrible experience?

    I don't do any of that stuff either... But have been on the receiving end of all of it as killer

  • @Dabihwow said:

    says the one who runs, Iron will, DS, Unbreakable, and DH. Plus ultra rare flashlight add-on and purple flashlight.

    When have I ever said I run those perks and items? I hate DS, DH feels worthless, Unbreakable is way too situational, and my flashlight game is about as good as when I started(that is to say, terrible). I think I've blinded a grand total of six times, and they were all lucky.

  • "Why do you take me doing well personally? I TAKE THAT VERY PERSONALLY!"

  • I agree let the killer down you in fifteen seconds.

  • For one thing, you're probably not the first match the killer's had that day. If that killer's matches are anything like what I've experienced, matchmaking is kicking the crap out of him and he feels like a punching bag. If a killer's celebrating and smacking you on the hook just for one chase (and you weren't being a toxic dick), he's either a huge baby or he's had some very bad matches and he's just letting out his frustration on you, in which case it's not personal and has little to do with you at all, really. In fact, he may be frustrated at himself, because if his previous matches have gotten him tilted then his performance is probably suffering which only makes him more frustrated.

    It's an unfortunate truth in this game that as killer your most miserable matches are probably going to be against survivors who are pretty much untouchable, and so it's the survivors in the next match who are going to feel your pain. It takes a very laid back killer or a whole lotta weed for that to not be the case.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    For one thing, you're probably not the first match the killer's had that day. If that killer's matches are anything like what I've experienced, matchmaking is kicking the crap out of him and he feels like a punching bag. If a killer's celebrating and smacking you on the hook just for one chase (and you weren't being a toxic dick), he's either a huge baby or he's had some very bad matches and he's just letting out his frustration on you, in which case it's not personal and has little to do with you at all, really. In fact, he may be frustrated at himself, because if his previous matches have gotten him tilted then his performance is probably suffering which only makes him more frustrated.

    It's an unfortunate truth in this game that as killer your most miserable matches are probably going to be against survivors who are pretty much untouchable, and so it's the survivors in the next match who are going to feel your pain. It takes a very laid back killer or a whole lotta weed for that to not be the case.

    This is true I main killers. Specifically "low-mid tier" ones and if I have 3-5 poor preformance games with cocky survivors back to back or if the game practically counters my killer with a bad map all session I get the urge to grab a mori and vent before figuring it's unfair on the 'new' survivors that entered my lobby unless I see what could be a gen rush game or key.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    For one thing, you're probably not the first match the killer's had that day. If that killer's matches are anything like what I've experienced, matchmaking is kicking the crap out of him and he feels like a punching bag. If a killer's celebrating and smacking you on the hook just for one chase (and you weren't being a toxic dick), he's either a huge baby or he's had some very bad matches and he's just letting out his frustration on you, in which case it's not personal and has little to do with you at all, really. In fact, he may be frustrated at himself, because if his previous matches have gotten him tilted then his performance is probably suffering which only makes him more frustrated.

    It's an unfortunate truth in this game that as killer your most miserable matches are probably going to be against survivors who are pretty much untouchable, and so it's the survivors in the next match who are going to feel your pain. It takes a very laid back killer or a whole lotta weed for that to not be the case.

    Always with the real facts!

    I am extremely laid back but after 6 matches I know I start getting a little more annoyed by the clicky (probably the only thing that really makes me just uuugghh)

    Just over the 6 matches every click becomes more annoying so by the 6th it's 🤪

    Never would facecamp or smack a clicky tho just know its time to get off the game lol

    Only time I have smacked a survivor was when they let someone die on their first hook while they waited by hatch. That as a solo survivor rubbed me the wrong way lol 🐷💖

  • @Terra92 said:

    I swear every game where I manage to do well in a chase, more than half the time I get a killer who will sit there on me, teabag me, shake their head frantically like they just won the E- Superbowl. I'm sorry that it took you eight chases to finally down me, but it's not my fault, dude.

    It makes me not want to get better at chases. I'd rather be knocked down in 15 seconds and hooked, than to do well in a chase for a minute and get slapped around and told no like a bad nanny for an extra minute. Yeah it's good for the game but it's certainly not enjoyable to experience. I'm already high adrenaline from managing to somehow survive a chase for that long, now you want me to take a beating I didn't deserve?

    Maybe if the killer had fun chasing you they wouldn't do that.

  • @Terra92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1779266#Comment_1779266

    When have I ever said I run those perks and items? I hate DS, DH feels worthless, Unbreakable is way too situational, and my flashlight game is about as good as when I started(that is to say, terrible). I think I've blinded a grand total of six times, and they were all lucky.

    Oh I was just feeling ######### last night. I was kinda hating on myself. sWF sweat night, so yeah don't take it personal

  • @Terra92 said:

    I swear every game where I manage to do well in a chase, more than half the time I get a killer who will sit there on me, teabag me, shake their head frantically like they just won the E- Superbowl. I'm sorry that it took you eight chases to finally down me, but it's not my fault, dude.

    It makes me not want to get better at chases. I'd rather be knocked down in 15 seconds and hooked, than to do well in a chase for a minute and get slapped around and told no like a bad nanny for an extra minute. Yeah it's good for the game but it's certainly not enjoyable to experience. I'm already high adrenaline from managing to somehow survive a chase for that long, now you want me to take a beating I didn't deserve?

    But they get bullied by survivors. They have to do what u don't like. Cuz u are doing things the killer doesn't like.

  • It is weird how tilted some player get.

    I had a game against a Pyramid Head that was obviously inexperienced and he picked the worst survivor to chase. This Nea ran him around for half the game before essentially being tunneled (though she did bait him into it), but he just refused to drop the chase. We died due to a snowball due to me having the last gen almost done and 2 players running together being chased towards me and us all being downed. In the post game he accused us of "bullying him from the start" when he was just playing really badly and making bad decisions, getting the win because one of our players also made a really bad decision.

  • If I am honest... I kinda love long chases

    it might look like I am tunneling but, if a survivor is really good, I take the opportunity to get better and forget about the rest of the game, since I don't care about ranking I'd rather take a lesson then "winning" I get my 20-40k Bloodpoints anyway

    sometimes it's just more fun to chase 😘

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/208901/killers-need-to-stop-taking-chases-so-personally

    But they get bullied by survivors. They have to do what u don't like. Cuz u are doing things the killer doesn't like.

    It's this sort of meta-garbage that pits us against each other for no reason.

    Like we're all individuals playing a game, no killer is the same, no survivor is the same. My title is to be eye catching but I never say "all Killers." I'm pointing out the Killers that I've faced. It's all anecdotal at the end of the day, but the message holds true in general, don't take the game so seriously, you ruin it for others when you do so.

  • @M4dBoOmr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1779634#Comment_1779634

    If I am honest... I kinda love long chases

    it might look like I am tunneling but, if a survivor is really good, I take the opportunity to get better and forget about the rest of the game, since I don't care about ranking I'd rather take a lesson then "winning" I get my 20-40k Bloodpoints anyway

    sometimes it's just more fun to chase 😘

    Well, good for you I guess. Every other kill OP will face will want to play to win and not lose on purpose.