Deathslinger kill stat inflation.

Did some popular survivor main streamer tell everyone to throw the game against Deathslinger or am i missing something?

This is what i call nursing a killer because this is what survivors were doing to nurse to get her nerfed (and succeeded) literally running to her and just farming each other in front of her for points and all being killed or quitting.

Almost every game today someone has quit the second they see me or they don't bother doing gens and just farm. The few times this didn't happen was against swf sweat squads that i lost against because they did gens and just treated it like a normal game.

Nobody uses D-slinger in the tournament because he is weak, so why the sudden salt fest?

Comments

  • Almost this entire thread is pointless because scott specified that there is counters to deathslinger, it's just that in his opinion it's not fun counters (and there is counters).

    I find him fun to verse much like others might.

    You shouldn't advocate for a killer to be changed just because YOU find them unfun, unless the killer is objectively broken (like old legion who truly had no counters) there's really not much reason for him to be changed.

    Especially because if you nerf his ADS he becomes clown tier.

    Also, the amount of actual people in this thread only considering the survivors fun and not the killers at all is astonishing. Imagine if someone nerfed one of your mains into the ground? How would you take that? Especially because the reason he's being nerfed is because survivors "found it unfun".

    Lmao what a joke.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629470#Comment_1629470

    Nobody wants a 6 second cooldown - but for all his free, no effort zoning, he should have a downside.

    You're just exaggerating. It's not a good look.

    He should have a buff to compensate, because the instant ADS is like the only thing good about him atm.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629644#Comment_1629644

    Why should a survivor be safe?

    Why are loops with NO COUNTERPLAY FOR THE KILLER good, when breaking the pallet basically guarantees you reach the next loop with the way these maps have been designed?

    Why do they need safety? Thats a very odd question my friend. Because it is essential for the game. What pointless mess would it be without the option for survivors to be safe? Thats why people think Nurse Pyramid Head and Deathslinger are unfun to go against. Because there is little you can do as survivor, and i already wrote in detail why that is.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629677#Comment_1629677

    Why do they need safety? Thats a very odd question my friend. Because it is essential for the game. What pointless mess would it be without the option for survivors to be safe? Thats why people think Nurse Pyramid Head and Deathslinger are unfun to go against. Because there is little you can do as survivor, and i already wrote in detail why that is.

    But it is not essential for the killer to have any input other than run counter clockwise and break the pallet. ok i get it, replace the killers with bots.

    If you give ds a cooldown on canceling his aim or a wind up to shooting, survivors will just enter spaz out mode like they do to huntress. The difference is Huntress has truck sized hatchets while ds has a pin sized harpoon that is easy to miss when a survivor reacts.

  • I don't DC against him but he is definitely not fun to play against and I perfectly understand why some people don't want to play against him.

    He is like an easy version of the huntress, deny the low profile loops, his terror radious is tiny and the ppl who play him usually run Monitor&Abuse which reduce even more the terror radious, can shot you easily outside his terror radious if you are not constantly aware and sometimes he is on you and get an easy hit or catch you with the harpoon easily.

  • @IamFran said:

    I don't DC against him but he is definitely not fun to play against and I perfectly understand why some people don't want to play against him.

    He is like an easy version of the huntress, deny the low profile loops, his terror radious is tiny and the ppl who play him usually run Monitor&Abuse which reduce even more the terror radious, can shot you easily outside his terror radious if you are not constantly aware and sometimes he is on you and get an easy hit or catch you with the harpoon easily.

    The only problem i have with him is when a killer from china uses their VPN. I normally run spinechill so hit terror radius is not an issue and it takes him a loooooong looooong time to catch up.

    I know survivors don't want to drop one of their multiple second chances but they do have the answer to him.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629698#Comment_1629698

    But it is not essential for the killer to have any input other than run counter clockwise and break the pallet. ok i get it, replace the killers with bots.

    If you give ds a cooldown on canceling his aim or a wind up to shooting, survivors will just enter spaz out mode like they do to huntress. The difference is Huntress has truck sized hatchets while ds has a pin sized harpoon that is easy to miss when a survivor reacts.

    No you dont get it, neither i have the feeling you are even trying to understand it. It is essential that survivors can show their skill and so is it for killer. If you leave it to one side alone who wins a chase, its totally uninteresting.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Everyone saying Deathslinger has no counterplay seems incapable of using their frigging eyes and common sense:

    Okay, i do main Caleb, but it's the same on survivor side: know what he can shoot through/over/across. I dunno how often I had purple and red rank survivors trying to duck behind things i could shoot through/over/across and then complain.

    Meanwhile I did manage to run a deathslinger long enough for 2 1/2 gens to pop until he decided to just give chase and m1 me. and I suck at running killers.

    Ah yea i alsor ran a Deathslinger for 5 gens recently. Guess he is fine!

    Seriously HOW can there be still people who think they dodge Deathslinger... Is it really so hard to understand that you can not dodge his shot?

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629677#Comment_1629677

    Why do they need safety? Thats a very odd question my friend. Because it is essential for the game. What pointless mess would it be without the option for survivors to be safe? Thats why people think Nurse Pyramid Head and Deathslinger are unfun to go against. Because there is little you can do as survivor, and i already wrote in detail why that is.

    Well I mean this game is all about horror and the best horror games always make the player have this constant feeling of being "unsafe". In my personal experience survivor is most fun when you're feeling "unsafe" anyway. The constant pressure of having to complete generators, healing and helping teammates, rescuing them all the while you got this monstrous of a killer that's seemingly everywhere and anywhere at once. It's why I don't find Demogorgon particularly fun to go against. You can hear him across the map when he breaks pallets, you can hear him across the map when he misses an attack, you can hear him across the map when he teleports. You can hear him when he comes out of the teleport, you can hear his footsteps from 16 meters. I know where demogorgon is what he's doing at all times and because of that, I feel safe. That's not fun. That's boring. My own two cents but there's nothing fun about survivor if I'm looping the killer for 3 gens, gives up and does something else. I wanna feel the pressure, I wanna feel like I'm surviving, I wanna feel like that every single snap decision I make gives me precious seconds against this monstrous killer, I want that feeling of desperation as a survivor would in that scenario. Running around in circles occassionally dropping a pallet at a leisurely pace just doesn't feel like fun to me at all.

  • People DC against Clown or Wraith, so...

  • When you say farm did they have BT?

    To date I haven’t seen a single DeathSlinger ever not proxy camp and tunnel. Not a single one since he came out in February. I’d remember because with Ghostface I’ve at least seen 3, maybe 4 over the past year and its so rare its easy to remember, but with Dudslinger it hasn’t happened once yet. Hes pretty well known for camping, maybe that has something to do with it?

    Or maybe they’re in the crowd that hates his power and just wants the game over.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629706#Comment_1629706

    No you dont get it, neither i have the feeling you are even trying to understand it. It is essential that survivors can show their skill and so is it for killer. If you leave it to one side alone who wins a chase, its totally uninteresting.

    We already have that with the f tier killers so...

  • This started with Legion and then happened with Spirit and I believe it happened with the Nurse. I wouldn't be surprised if some in the community decided to do this again.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    When you say farm did they have BT?

    To date I haven’t seen a single DeathSlinger ever not proxy camp and tunnel. Not a single one since he came out in February. I’d remember because with Ghostface I’ve at least seen 3, maybe 4 over the past year and its so rare its easy to remember, but with Dudslinger it hasn’t happened once yet. Hes pretty well known for camping, maybe that has something to do with it?

    Or maybe they’re in the crowd that hates his power and just wants the game over.

    I am aiming for the highest bp i can get because i am farming bp for blight with him so my goal is to hook all 4 and get a 30k game. I am not camping and i don't want to camp or care about pips since lower rank = more bp for me.

    Survivors are literally just standing there pointing at a hook and just swarming for points or dc.

  • He doesn't have 0 counterplay. It's called hiding, maintaining distance, taking unique pathing and using LoS, not to loop him but so that he can lose you and you can hide again. I know it's not the most fun but not every aspect of the game should cater to you.

    Also his 1v1s are his only redeeming quality since he has subpar map pressure. Nerfing him whilst leaving him a 110 killer would effectively kill him.

  • @Avilgus said:

    People DC against Clown or Wraith, so...

    Clown i can kinda understand, similar with doctor. they're area of effect makes evading them to begin with quite tricky and frustrating, and if they are campers you're very much done. not uncounterable, but very frustrating.


    @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629633#Comment_1629633

    Ah yea i alsor ran a Deathslinger for 5 gens recently. Guess he is fine!

    Seriously HOW can there be still people who think they dodge Deathslinger... Is it really so hard to understand that you can not dodge his shot?

    it's the same people who will run away from him in a straight line...


    @ClickyClicky said:

    When you say farm did they have BT?

    To date I haven’t seen a single DeathSlinger ever not proxy camp and tunnel. Not a single one since he came out in February. I’d remember because with Ghostface I’ve at least seen 3, maybe 4 over the past year and its so rare its easy to remember, but with Dudslinger it hasn’t happened once yet. Hes pretty well known for camping, maybe that has something to do with it?

    Or maybe they’re in the crowd that hates his power and just wants the game over.

    When you say proxy camp, please define. I've seen a ton of people call me camper because I reloaded after hooking and then walked away and hadn't even gotten out of the gun's reach when the person got unhooked...

    like.... could people at least way until i turned a corner or something?

    Or have actually kicked the nearby gen i walked towards?

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629657#Comment_1629657

    I mean, long is relative ob course. But we are talking about 30-60 seconds "long".. not 10 seconds chases like Nurse or Deathslinger.

    No i am rank 1 since week 2 i started this game. I am the guy who is the carry in your team and the killer you are here complaing about.

    If you are chasing for 45 seconds average i'm definitly not afraid of you let alone complaints.

    And 10 second chases with slinger are close to impossible, at least without STBFL plus certain addons.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629778#Comment_1629778

    Clown i can kinda understand, similar with doctor. they're area of effect makes evading them to begin with quite tricky and frustrating, and if they are campers you're very much done. not uncounterable, but very frustrating.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629759#Comment_1629759

    it's the same people who will run away from him in a straight line...

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629789#Comment_1629789

    When you say proxy camp, please define. I've seen a ton of people call me camper because I reloaded after hooking and then walked away and hadn't even gotten out of the gun's reach when the person got unhooked...

    like.... could people at least way until i turned a corner or something?

    Or have actually kicked the nearby gen i walked towards?

    Ok then the devs should just add a "choose my killer" poll.

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629467#Comment_1629467

    I' m sorry but....Slinger doesn't need a nerf, Against good survivors he'll get smoked.. a 110% killer like him can struggle against survivors that can dodge just right (I should know. i Main this boi)

    "Against good survivors he loses" is something you can say about LITERALLY EVERY KILLER IN THE GAME. Doesn't mean there isn't an imbalance at other levels of skill. I play slinger a lot too and believe me nothing I've learned playing as him has translated to playing better against a good one. The only thing I've noticed is that bad DS players will constantly try to pop-shot at corners you're about to go around almost all the time, which is the easiest thing in the world to bait out. But that's it. Any other situation and they simply missed, I didn't juke the shot it was the slinger that made a mistake. Good slingers don't make those mistakes almost ever which leads to 10 second chases that the survivor has 0 control over.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629487#Comment_1629487

    "Against good survivors he loses" is something you can say about LITERALLY EVERY KILLER IN THE GAME. Doesn't mean there isn't an imbalance at other levels of skill. I play slinger a lot too and believe me nothing I've learned playing as him has translated to playing better against a good one. The only thing I've noticed is that bad DS players will constantly try to pop-shot at corners you're about to go around almost all the time, which is the easiest thing in the world to bait out. But that's it. Any other situation and they simply missed, I didn't juke the shot it was the slinger that made a mistake. Good slingers don't make those mistakes almost ever which leads to 10 second chases that the survivor has 0 control over.

    Why are we balancing the game around new rank 20 players?

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630032#Comment_1630032

    Why are we balancing the game around new rank 20 players?

    Idk what it is with you and going to extremes like this but it's really not helping and doesn't help your case on the slightest.

  • @Avilgus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629907#Comment_1629907

    Ok then the devs should just add a "choose my killer" poll.

    isn't that what stuff like streamloots etc are for?

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630037#Comment_1630037

    Idk what it is with you and going to extremes like this but it's really not helping and doesn't help your case on the slightest.

    It is basically what is being demanded. No other multiplayer game ignores the top end so blatantly.

  • A lot of people don’t like playing against DS. I really doubt it’s some concerted effort to get him nerfed, and you can’t argue them out of feeling that way, they just don’t like him and don’t want to play against him so they’d rather forfeit and play a different match.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    A lot of people don’t like playing against DS. I really doubt it’s some concerted effort to get him nerfed, and you can’t argue them out of feeling that way, they just don’t like him and don’t want to play against him so they’d rather forfeit and play a different match.

    Yeah but the devs are hell bent on ignoring context and just look at raw stats.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630044#Comment_1630044

    It is basically what is being demanded. No other multiplayer game ignores the top end so blatantly.

    I wouldn't say they completely ignore it. Their latest killer has a pretty high skill ceiling, and people are calling him bad because they didn't find out everything about him in 30 minutes of gameplay. A lot of games are really unbalanced at the highest level. In DbD, survivors are broken at the highest level and at the lowest level it's killers, but in the middle it is somewhat balanced in its own janky kind of way. While we would all love BHVR to make all the maps great and balanced so people aren't screwed over by RNG, and not bringing about 13 different bugs with each patch everytime they fix 3, we know that's not gonna happen anytime soon. I've found that a lot of the times when people lose to factors out of their control it's because of a dumb bug that came out of nowhere, eg you got 2 phantom saws in a row which can definitely cost you the game, it's rarely the fabled "genrushing" that everyone on this forum claims to see every single game.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629488#Comment_1629488

    Not enough of a downside to warrant effort-free zoning.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629487#Comment_1629487

    I mean, the general majority disagrees. There's no counterplay to "killer spams M2 for free zoning". Bro, I've been a killer main since 2016. I even have full Legacy on all killers that have it. Even I can see the awful design in something like this.

    Now if guys perhaps just aren't good enough and need that kind of free zoning..well, that's a different problem entirely.

    If you have no mobility in your kit you pretty much lose most of your red rank games because gens get done too quickly before you can reach them. Add all the second chance perks on top of that and Deathslinger is a very below mediocre killer.

  • If devs would nerf based on Killrate then Hag would have been nerfed a long time ago (she was always leading the charts with Kills).

  • @xerav said:

    If devs would nerf based on Killrate then Hag would have been nerfed a long time ago (she was always leading the charts with Kills).

    True but there is no outcry for nerfs because people don't see her enough to complain. The more a killer is played, the more people are exposed to them and the more irritated they get.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630261#Comment_1630261

    True but there is no outcry for nerfs because people don't see her enough to complain. The more a killer is played, the more people are exposed to them and the more irritated they get.

    I barely see a Slinger (and that dude on reddit who recorded his last 200 games also showed that deathslinger is not played very often). Its pretty much just this forum and a few dudes crying for it ^^

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630199#Comment_1630199

    Yeah but the devs are hell bent on ignoring context and just look at raw stats.

    Do they? Why do you think this? They nerfed Nurse and Billy even though their kill rates are lower than some other killers, and they buffed some killers even though their kill rates weren’t particularly low. There isn’t much evidence to support the idea that they make changes based on raw stats if you look at their track record.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629467#Comment_1629467

    Like what? if he aims he goes into a 6 minute cd where he can't move see or hear? so ######### sick of this community.

    Lets delete all killers and only leave wraith with no addons ok?

    I also played nurse with no addons pre nerf and survivors literally threw against her all the time.

    Someone: "killers shouldn't have risk-free zoning"

    Monkeys: " OMG YOU ONLY WANT BAD KILLERS THIS IS WHY THIS GAME SUCKS WAHH"

    dude, your entire reply reads like a baby, didn't offer any actual counter, just throwing hyperbole instead of an actual discussion


    btw killers shouldn't have free zoning

  • Imagine thinking there's a grand conspiracy and Nurse didn't actually need a nerf 😂

  • slinger needs a nerf to his ads and free zoning and then a buff pressure wise to compensate

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Imagine thinking there's a grand conspiracy and Nurse didn't actually need a nerf 😂

    You can stop reading once someone says Nurse didnt need a nerf.

  • @Kumnut768 said:

    slinger needs a nerf to his ads and free zoning and then a buff pressure wise to compensate

    Wut ?

    So you want to nerf his power and buff what? Does not make much sense how would this compensation look like?

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629778#Comment_1629778

    Clown i can kinda understand, similar with doctor. they're area of effect makes evading them to begin with quite tricky and frustrating, and if they are campers you're very much done. not uncounterable, but very frustrating.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629759#Comment_1629759

    it's the same people who will run away from him in a straight line...

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629789#Comment_1629789

    When you say proxy camp, please define. I've seen a ton of people call me camper because I reloaded after hooking and then walked away and hadn't even gotten out of the gun's reach when the person got unhooked...

    like.... could people at least way until i turned a corner or something?

    Or have actually kicked the nearby gen i walked towards?

    Those games will always exist but with DS you give them all the time in the world to leave and they never do.

    Its easy to see why. Low mobility and a ranged attack. Bad Huntress players play the same way.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629590#Comment_1629590

    Well.. thats a good question and i think you are not totally wrong with your assumption but also not right :D. Lets talk about counterplay for a second. This might read a bit complicated, so better read carefully :P

    Lets use for example a loop with a pallet. When the survivor manages to reach the pallet, he is temporary safe - he achieved his safty. The killer failed to catch him before he can reach the loop. But the killer had a fair chance to get the survivor before the loop.

    So now lets say the surviivor managed to reach his safe place, most killer can challange this safty i talk about. Hillbilly, Huntress, Demogorgon, Blght, Trapper, etc.. all have that in some form. But against all those killers, the survivor has some sort of play and a choice when he is at his safe spot. It is usually in the survivors hand if he gets caught by a billy when he stays at his SAFE spot (the pallet, the loop).

    So far, the ballance is fine. The killer had the chance to get the survivor before he reaches the safe spot without any chance of the survivor to defend himself. And then he had the chance that the survivor does a mistake when he is at his safe spot.

    Now, lets assume this is not the case. Lets talk about when there is no real safe spot for survivor. Nurse and Spirit dont have any advantage before you reach the safe spot as survivor, but they have full control when the survivor is at his safe place.

    What Nurse makes her broken at a "safe place", makes Deathslinger broken when not beeing at a pallet. He can zone the survivor from his needed safe Haven.

    Pyramid Head has the same as Deathslinger more or less, he makes everything unsafe. Running to the loop is unsafe, beeing at the loop is unsafe, droping the pallet is double unsafe.

    Both PH and Deathslinger have the ability to simply deny the safe spot at all. They have free zone potential with faking the ability during chase. The notorious "get hit or get hit" situation with both of those killers when running to the safe spot make them so unfun to play against.

    The fact that you think survivors should just be invincible at “safe spots” and that they should be able to dictate mindgames shows your bias. THAT is not actually having counterplay.

    also about DS: how is wiggling not counterplay? He has to predict where the survivor will wiggle because even though the spear is fast, it has travel time. That is a mindgame in itself

    DS is my alt, and I can tell you that even when my shots are on point, I lose far more games with him than Nurse. He has no map control. ALL killers should be able to down fast because this is a 4v1 game; killers should have an advantage in chase.

  • @Zozzy said:

    Did some popular survivor main streamer tell everyone to throw the game against Deathslinger or am i missing something?

    This is what i call nursing a killer as this is what survivors were doing to nurse to get her nerfed (and succeeded) literally running to her and just farming each other in front of her for points and all being killed or quitting.

    Almost every game today someone has quit the second they see me or they don't bother doing gens and just farm. The few times this didn't happen was against swf sweat squads that i lost against because they did gens and just treated it like a normal game.

    Nobody uses D-slinger in the tournament because he is weak, so why the sudden salt fest?

    As a personal anecdote, I'm just starting to learn Deathslinger (he's level 4)... and in a game where I got 1 single hook before they threw the gates, I was able to shoot an injured exit gate teabagger from far away, pull them out, and hook them. It lead to a 3 minute grabass game where I was able to farm brutality as they tried unhooking, but couldn't get away without me putting someone on hook... and I wound up getting a kill in a game that I wouldn't have unless they were cocky and toxic. ;)

    If his kill stats are inflated, it's gotta be for reasons like this - he's the only killer who can really punish unsportsmanlike behavior. :D

  • His shots are also not as instant as people say: You need some form of prediction (not as much as with Huntress but still).

    Aim Down Sights (ADS) takes 0.15 seconds, firing takes 0.5 seconds travel time until hit at max range is ~ 0.45sec (Projectile speed is 40m/s max range is 18m). So ~0.9sec - 0.3 sec human reaction = 0.6sec dodge window (~2,2m you could travel to the left or right).

    There is a chance to dodge by moving in a hard to predict way unless you stand very close to him (which would be out of position vs most killer). But most survivor just jump a window like they would vs all the other killers (when its better to fake it).

  • Same with PH. Just add a 1.5 second adjustment when dropping M2. That way, it can't be spammed nearly as much, and gives survivors a better window to react.

  • @xerav said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630542#Comment_1630542

    Wut ?

    So you want to nerf his power and buff what? Does not make much sense how would this compensation look like?

    i dont know but its not my job to know

    one thing i would love is if he could latch onto things pulling himself across the map at like 6.0 m/s

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629470#Comment_1629470

    Nobody wants a 6 second cooldown - but for all his free, no effort zoning, he should have a downside.

    You're just exaggerating. It's not a good look.

    He has a thousand ######### downsides I swear y'all want to destroy every single killer to Clown level.

    He's slow as hell, tall as hell and can be seen from 10km away, has more than THREE different cooldowns when using his power, WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?

  • @xerav said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629531#Comment_1629531

    This is the part i dont understand.... Deathslingers biggest downside is the reeling mechanic cuz it eats so much time unless its point blank. Good Survivor can waste more time by clinching into Terrain (Swf can run between to break the chain or just take the hit and deny a down).

    So if at all its unfun for the Deathslinger to land a shoot and in worst case get nothing from it.

    It seems a Killer is only fun when you can run circles with him and he cant do anything about it...

    What?? The biggest downside is NOT the reeling. That takes a maximum of 5 seconds. Wow, 5 second reeling for a chase to be cut down extremely short. Huge downside.

    No, the real downside is that he's slow. His gun is VERY good. Cannot be dodged, survivors cannot struggle on the chain if you walk backward...it's a completely free hit that you get very easily if you're GOOD at him. Again, his downside is being 4.4 m/s.

    Why people think his gun has downsides is beyond me.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    While I agree that can happen to an extent (I truly believe people do this with Freddy, either that or they are just really bad because he is easy to loop), I don't think people did that with Nurse. Nurse did need some adjustments. Did she need them to the extent she got? Probably not, but it did weed out the Nurse players who quite simply, weren't that good.

    As for Deathslinger, he does need a downside to being able to spam M2 and fake his power constantly. That kind of zero effort, free zoning shouldn't exist.

    "Easy to loop" says it all. There's only 2-3 killers out of 21 that aren't "Easy to Loop". Cuz God borbid All weren't "Easy to loop" there'd be NO survivor mains lol

  • @Massquwatt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629698#Comment_1629698

    Well I mean this game is all about horror and the best horror games always make the player have this constant feeling of being "unsafe". In my personal experience survivor is most fun when you're feeling "unsafe" anyway. The constant pressure of having to complete generators, healing and helping teammates, rescuing them all the while you got this monstrous of a killer that's seemingly everywhere and anywhere at once. It's why I don't find Demogorgon particularly fun to go against. You can hear him across the map when he breaks pallets, you can hear him across the map when he misses an attack, you can hear him across the map when he teleports. You can hear him when he comes out of the teleport, you can hear his footsteps from 16 meters. I know where demogorgon is what he's doing at all times and because of that, I feel safe. That's not fun. That's boring. My own two cents but there's nothing fun about survivor if I'm looping the killer for 3 gens, gives up and does something else. I wanna feel the pressure, I wanna feel like I'm surviving, I wanna feel like that every single snap decision I make gives me precious seconds against this monstrous killer, I want that feeling of desperation as a survivor would in that scenario. Running around in circles occassionally dropping a pallet at a leisurely pace just doesn't feel like fun to me at all.

    This game is not that...you're looking for a completely different game. Singleplayers are designed to give you that experience, not multiplayer games with horror themes that provide an addictive game loop, repeated over and over and over with 10-15 minute matches on average. I recommend other games if you expect to feel constantly scared and in fear of the killer. This game was made to be a player versus player multiplayer game.

  • @Zozzy said:

    Did some popular survivor main streamer tell everyone to throw the game against Deathslinger or am i missing something?

    This is what i call nursing a killer as this is what survivors were doing to nurse to get her nerfed (and succeeded) literally running to her and just farming each other in front of her for points and all being killed or quitting.

    Almost every game today someone has quit the second they see me or they don't bother doing gens and just farm. The few times this didn't happen was against swf sweat squads that i lost against because they did gens and just treated it like a normal game.

    Nobody uses D-slinger in the tournament because he is weak, so why the sudden salt fest?

    Probably because he isnt the most fun to verse. Also nobody did that with nurse dont make bold claims without real proof.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629527#Comment_1629527

    I play them to but do i expect to win going into the match? Nope. I play the old killers with the full expectation to lose and see them as de-ranking killers.

    If you want LONG and "FUN" chases at r1 with true r1 survivors, not the boosted rank 20s. Then expect only a single "LONG and "FUN"" chase.

    There is nothing fun about chasing a survivor around a tile that you know there is no counter to, especially when many of the survivors are using stretched res to remove what little mindgame there is.

    Does nobody realize that in the vid scott made about how to counter looping, he chased jendenice for 1 minute while "countering" the loops? In his own vid showing how to beat looping he just lost 3 gens from one chase!

    Bro stretch isnt cheating ussylis made a whole clip about it. It only shows you more terrain not the killer.

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629514#Comment_1629514

    ...Wot, so a Fellow killer main can't have fun with a killer that changes playstyle?

    Killer main does not equal agree with everything another killer main is saying. Slinger doesnt change your playstyle he s iij imply forces guessing and has a free zone for no skill.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629522#Comment_1629522

    Killer main does not equal agree with everything another killer main is saying. Slinger doesnt change your playstyle he s iij imply forces guessing and has a free zone for no skill.

    You can say that bout clown.. or Hag. or trapper. or any killer that can zone like Slinger

1 2 3 4