Deathslinger kill stat inflation.

Did some popular survivor main streamer tell everyone to throw the game against Deathslinger or am i missing something?

This is what i call nursing a killer because this is what survivors were doing to nurse to get her nerfed (and succeeded) literally running to her and just farming each other in front of her for points and all being killed or quitting.

Almost every game today someone has quit the second they see me or they don't bother doing gens and just farm. The few times this didn't happen was against swf sweat squads that i lost against because they did gens and just treated it like a normal game.

Nobody uses D-slinger in the tournament because he is weak, so why the sudden salt fest?

Comments

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630571#Comment_1630571

    I never said they should be invincible, but i said there has to be relative safty for survivors (by the way same that there has to be everywhere else a secure hit). I explained how and why it is important, that you cant understand it only shows your lack of understanding of the actual design of the game. There is and should not be any room for discussion here, because changing that monumental factor would simply kill the game. It is not me beeing biased, it is a fact you are not able to realise that because you only hear "safety" and you dont understand what i mean with that. You just get angry over something that is crucial for the game because you draw the wrong conclusions.

    Why is wiggling no counterplay? Because it does nothing. From a balance standpoint, your skill as Deathslinger and the skill as survivor should be irrelevant. Someone missing a shot because the survivor is not running in a straight line has nothing to do with ballancing the killer neither has it anything to do with counterplay. It is like saying "hey the nurse is fine because there are many shity nurse players". If i play against a perfect Deathslinger and i run away and wiggle, he still gets 100% hit.

    When your shots are on point you sill sometimes loose games? Of course you do because Deathslinger is not strong outside a chase. I never said he is op, but again, you draw the wrong conclusions.

    Killers should have the advantage in a chase? If you read carefully what i actually wrote, you would not doubt that they have..

    Oh I read carefully. The fact is that most killers don’t have an advantage in chase because there are too many safe tiles.

    I don’t care how good you are with DS, you can’t do anything except guess which way they will wiggle. Unless there is someone who can move the spear mid shot, it’s not happening lol.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632786#Comment_1632786

    Oh I read carefully. The fact is that most killers don’t have an advantage in chase because there are too many safe tiles.

    I don’t care how good you are with DS, you can’t do anything except guess which way they will wiggle. Unless there is someone who can move the spear mid shot, it’s not happening lol.

    Not to mention how close tiles are to each other allowing survivors to chain them together or reach the next one if the killer breaks the pallet.

    I just ran a wraith long enough for my potato team mates to heal through sloppy and get 3 gens done. resetting the entire game.

  • Some people came to the conclusion a long time ago that he was OP in a chase. Scott just backed it up with straight math and yet still killer mains will say he's balanced or fun to go against in a chase. Lol, good people dominate with him maybe some DS mains aren't as good as they think? A good portion of the community doesn't enjoy playing against him so i'm not surprised and it will probably continue to happen until they fix him.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632786#Comment_1632786

    Oh I read carefully. The fact is that most killers don’t have an advantage in chase because there are too many safe tiles.

    I don’t care how good you are with DS, you can’t do anything except guess which way they will wiggle. Unless there is someone who can move the spear mid shot, it’s not happening lol.

    Lol I just had a game as Pig on disturbed ward.

    Survivor looks like they’re going to go down before they make the window, Dead hard for distance, out the window and around, out the window and around, out the window and around.

    Then at the end another survivor injured about to go down before they reach the exit. Dead hard for distance and they make it.

    But its spirit/pyramidhead/deathslinger that take no skill, its those 3 that have no counterplay.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632896#Comment_1632896

    Lol I just had a game as Pig on disturbed ward.

    Survivor looks like they’re going to go down before they make the window, Dead hard for distance, out the window and around, out the window and around, out the window and around.

    Then at the end another survivor injured about to go down before they reach the exit. Dead hard for distance and they make it.

    But its spirit/pyramidhead/deathslinger that take no skill, its those 3 that have no counterplay.

    Come on man, we all know running around a truck or low pile of junk with 100% visibility of the killer takes 2000 iq to pull off.

  • @Zozzy said:

    Did some popular survivor main streamer tell everyone to throw the game against Deathslinger or am i missing something?

    This is what i call nursing a killer because this is what survivors were doing to nurse to get her nerfed (and succeeded) literally running to her and just farming each other in front of her for points and all being killed or quitting.

    Almost every game today someone has quit the second they see me or they don't bother doing gens and just farm. The few times this didn't happen was against swf sweat squads that i lost against because they did gens and just treated it like a normal game.

    Nobody uses D-slinger in the tournament because he is weak, so why the sudden salt fest?

    I have said it a thousand times and I'll say it again, when it come to killers we have created this unhealthy and toxic culture around them. If we aren't shaming them for tactics, add ons, or perks we're pulling insane crap like this. It's weird. The developers has to balance around these behaviors. Definitely not good for anyone in the long run.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633080#Comment_1633080

    Come on man, we all know running around a truck or low pile of junk with 100% visibility of the killer takes 2000 iq to pull off.

    Sprintburst to the nearest “infinite”. Esports level gaming right there.

  • @Hood_bro said:

    So the jist of all these rants is... don't play DS becouse he can shoot you which apparently doesn't need any skill.... Erm OK what about sharpshooter shots? Don't play DS becouse we can't loop him like other killers.... Shouldn't you be able to play what you want?

    Nothing the killer do involves skill apparently. I honestly don't even know what these people want. Believing something is unfun is valid I guess, but it's getting out of hand? Soon just standing in the basement and doing nothing will make you a laughing stock. Perhaps the developers need to widen things out a bit on both sides? Give killers more room to creatively use their abilities that fit within the context of the game. All the more reason why we need to push for changes instead of belitting people and manipulating them into playing how we want.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633093#Comment_1633093

    Sprintburst to the nearest “infinite”. Esports level gaming right there.

    Eh.. the only big infinite (large time waste) left is mothers dwelling.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633107#Comment_1633107

    Eh.. the only big infinite (large time waste) left is mothers dwelling.

    That was on my mind because that map keeps coming up lol

    But I just played against a toxic meg who ran sprint burst and pretty much held W in every chase, temple of purgation so plenty of space to do it. Hold W except to vault shack and the temple windows.

    then theres the tbagging at the exit and the verbal abuse post game.

    I really could not care less anymore about the complaints about killers taking no skill. So much on the survivor side takes none at all. Not to mention the Badham maps which keep coming up where all you need to do is run to the school another hold W zone and you can easily get 30 second+ chases if the killer follows you there.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632786#Comment_1632786

    Oh I read carefully. The fact is that most killers don’t have an advantage in chase because there are too many safe tiles.

    I don’t care how good you are with DS, you can’t do anything except guess which way they will wiggle. Unless there is someone who can move the spear mid shot, it’s not happening lol.

    Is that so? Then why exactly do killer have 70-80% winrate again? You say everyting like its a fact, but obviously, it is not like that.

    You only guess? You know what a good Deathslinger would do against someone who is wiggeling all the time? He walks up to him and kills him. Thank me later for that pro tip.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632896#Comment_1632896

    Is that so? Then why exactly do killer have 70-80% winrate again? You say everyting like its a fact, but obviously, it is not like that.

    You only guess? You know what a good Deathslinger would do against someone who is wiggeling all the time? He walks up to him and kills him. Thank me later for that pro tip.

    Kill rates are so high because most survivors are terrible at the game. I can pretty regularly 4K even with killers that i’m not good with.

    As for wiggling, sure, DS will catch if they are close, but in many situations, they can still be safe.

  • It's really dumb. He's not good in a 1v4, but because so many people think of DbD as a 1v1+my-teammates-I-guess, killers like Slinger and PH get thrown into the unfun category because they're strong in a 1v1 even though they're incredibly beatable in a 1v4. A lot of people hate killers that aren't at the mercy of almost every map/tile in the game.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632896#Comment_1632896

    Is that so? Then why exactly do killer have 70-80% winrate again? You say everyting like its a fact, but obviously, it is not like that.

    You only guess? You know what a good Deathslinger would do against someone who is wiggeling all the time? He walks up to him and kills him. Thank me later for that pro tip.

    Kill stats are meaningless as proof that a killer is op.

    Survivors often throw the game after the gens are done and the gates are 99 to save the random acquaintance they met on line and added to their friends list.

    Surviving is optional, 99% of the time they already have their pip.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633198#Comment_1633198

    Kill rates are so high because most survivors are terrible at the game. I can pretty regularly 4K even with killers that i’m not good with.

    As for wiggling, sure, DS will catch if they are close, but in many situations, they can still be safe.

    Oh yea sorry i forgot. Killer are the masterrace and survivors are all noobs. Very impressive argument again...

    No they can not be safe. When you wiggle constantly, you are dead, its just free space for Deathslinger. Nothing to argue about.

    @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633198#Comment_1633198

    Kill stats are meaningless.

    Survivors often throw the game after the gens are done and the gates are 99 to save the random acquaintance they met on line and added to their friends list.

    Surviving is optional, 99% of the time they already have their pip.

    So are killers when they realise they are getting crushed. Those arguments are just silly tbh.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633531#Comment_1633531

    Oh yea sorry i forgot. Killer are the masterrace and survivors are all noobs. Very impressive argument again...

    No they can not be safe. When you wiggle constantly, you are dead, its just free space for Deathslinger. Nothing to argue about.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633646#Comment_1633646

    So are killers when they realise they are getting crushed. Those arguments are just silly tbh.

    A lot of killers are bad too. But at low levels of the game, when both sides suck, killers will win. At high levels when both are good, survivors are unstoppable.

    I don’t know what to say about the wiggle thing except that you clearly don’t play him or understand how he works.

  • I like the idea that we're supposed to nerf killers based on the top 1% who never miss but balancing survivors around the top 1% is heresy

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629464#Comment_1629464

    I honestly don't think we should trust his opinion, since he's really biased in "110 killers" discussions.

    Hes been playing the game since the beginning. He has more knowledge on this game than the devs, do.

  • @BananaBlooD95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631924#Comment_1631924

    Bruh, how can a DS who miss all his shoots didn't matter? He's 110% movement with ton of slowddown on his power. By the time he reload you have the time to make it to an other loop ffs.

    Hey it's not my problem if you guys try to run killers who have strong power against loop like you do any killer. Some loops have low wall some have high wall, try to aim for the high wall when injured and don't make it obvious that you're going for a pallet when he's in range cauz that's a guaranty down.

    Yeah; there was nothing special I did. I just played and he failed to stop me. I didn't say the DS didn't matter, I said that how I played didn't matter. I could have been significantly worse and he still would have been just as bad.

    I'll repeat it again for this thread, but being in a game with Deathslinger is like being a bot for the killer in a single player fps. I don't feel particularly challenged or outmaneuvered. I don't feel any tension or fear. All I feel is disappointment, wondering when I'm going to play against a killer where my skill matters (aka is not just "run forward and put things in between me and the killer while guesstimating when I should dodge".) There's no way for me to be reactionary or be meaningfully proactive.

    Additionally, his terror radius sucks.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633093#Comment_1633093

    Sprintburst to the nearest “infinite”. Esports level gaming right there.

    Press E to erase the killers mindgame, and pretend it didn't happen. five 15 trillion billion quintillion IQ play there.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632786#Comment_1632786

    Oh I read carefully. The fact is that most killers don’t have an advantage in chase because there are too many safe tiles.

    I don’t care how good you are with DS, you can’t do anything except guess which way they will wiggle. Unless there is someone who can move the spear mid shot, it’s not happening lol.

    No they have to guess when you shoot. If you can isnta shoot you can shoot before they wiggle.

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629650#Comment_1629650

    Hes been playing the game since the beginning. He has more knowledge on this game than the devs, do.

    Since when being experienced helps from being biased or sticking up to the opinion which gets more likes and upvotes?

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632896#Comment_1632896

    No they have to guess when you shoot. If you can isnta shoot you can shoot before they wiggle.

    It’s obvious when he is going to shoot most of the time. If you are running along a structure or tile, DS has to shoot before you reach the corner. It’s not hard to know when he will do it

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633945#Comment_1633945

    It’s obvious when he is going to shoot most of the time. If you are running along a structure or tile, DS has to shoot before you reach the corner. It’s not hard to know when he will do it

    Yeah that's a choke point but even then its still a guess for all you know a good DS knows choke points where he wont shoot and allow you to dodge.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634208#Comment_1634208

    Yeah that's a choke point but even then its still a guess for all you know a good DS knows choke points where he wont shoot and allow you to dodge.

    It doesn't matter if he know it or not. He has to guess. The survivor can abandon the point altogether and run in a different direction, or run around the corner after he fires. It is a guess, plain and simple.

  • @kaeru said:

    Streamer Scott Jund said that good Deathslinger has no counterplay. And if survivor managed to juke his power it is not because survivor is good but because killer made a mistake. This is all I know.

    Yeah I agreed with this at first but then actually played against DeathSlinger and found he was pretty fun to play as and against. If anyone needs a change it's spirit then we can do DeathSlinger nerfs and buffs.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629470#Comment_1629470

    Nobody wants a 6 second cooldown - but for all his free, no effort zoning, he should have a downside.

    You're just exaggerating. It's not a good look.

    Although I do agree that DeathSlinger has an unfair zoning technique it's all he has and he's still weak with that. They need to tweak him by buffing him and nerfing his aim in. I've always thought that he should be able to vault, break a pallet, open a locker, and kick a generator while having a survivor chained. I also wish they would add skill checks or something to his chain rather than spamming A and D over and over.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/192790/deathslinger-kill-stat-inflation

    Playing against Deathslinger is really unfun, just like versus the old Legion.

    I play a lot of solo survivor and there are people who DC or kill themself when they see Deathslinger or Spirit. Of course that makes the game a lot harder for the rest of us, but can we really blame them? They came to play a decent, maybe even fun game and then they get a Deathslinger, Spirit or Pyramid Head... just great.

    Its like going into a restaurant, ordering your favourite meal and then you get served a plate with a big pile of elephantshit. I would not like to swollow that either, would you?

    But that's an opinion. I find it fun to think quickly about paths I should take to avoid LOS and decisions like whether I should throw down a pallet or not.

  • @Zozzy said:

    If DS is directly behind you with no obstacles then you deserve to be speared. If you give a counter to being shot out in the open then what is the point?

    I already know what survivors want. A big roar with a wind up to the shot so they can awdasdawdasdawdasdawdasdawdad and swish their mouse like they do to Billy with a massive cd for canceling the aim.

    The dev's may as well delete him or make the shot insta down.

    Thank you. I don't understand why his chain doesn't do damage on impact, like I just impaled that survivor in the chest with a spear and I did no damage because they pulled it out? Even Plague's puke injures survivors. Then theres also the dumb 3 way outcome of hitting a survivor which is you hit the survivor or hit nothing and get a short cooldown or you let it fully break and get a long ass cooldown.

  • @Breadz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629484#Comment_1629484

    Although I do agree that DeathSlinger has an unfair zoning technique it's all he has and he's still weak with that. They need to tweak him by buffing him and nerfing his aim in. I've always thought that he should be able to vault, break a pallet, open a locker, and kick a generator while having a survivor chained. I also wish they would add skill checks or something to his chain rather than spamming A and D over and over.

    I'm not sitting here saying he's OP, or even strong. I'm merely saying that once he starts spamming M2, there's nothing the survivor can do but guess.

    @Breadz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629507#Comment_1629507

    But that's an opinion. I find it fun to think quickly about paths I should take to avoid LOS and decisions like whether I should throw down a pallet or not.

    It's an opinion, yes; but a majority opinion.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629500#Comment_1629500

    It's not about looping. You're strawmanning. Nobody is saying "Take away his reeling harpoon!" which is why the looping is different. They are saying give him some counterplay, make it so if he aims his weapon, he should be making it count instead of just spamming M2 for free zoning with no skill involved. You're making an argument that hasn't been argued at all.

    The ONLY issue is his spamming of M2. Huntress has a wind up, and a downside (and she's still the better killer, I should add) to her wind up if she decides not to take it.

    If the deathslinger spams the hell out of aim then it slows him down a little and restricts him from shooting, hitting, and performing actions. If a DeathSlinger keeps on zoning you with Mouse 2 then just take the shot because then you make him reload and pull you in which in itself takes forever to do.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634258#Comment_1634258

    It doesn't matter if he know it or not. He has to guess. The survivor can abandon the point altogether and run in a different direction, or run around the corner after he fires. It is a guess, plain and simple.

    He doesn't not have to guess it's all reacting so what are you talking about. You can only make distance if he misses. He can also zone you know ads spam and make you dodge he has no guessing only reacting you have to guess. He can insta shoot before you react.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634321#Comment_1634321

    I'm not sitting here saying he's OP, or even strong. I'm merely saying that once he starts spamming M2, there's nothing the survivor can do but guess.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634325#Comment_1634325

    It's an opinion, yes; but a majority opinion.

    Guess? The survivor can keep running straight or dodge. Its pretty easy to go against DeathSlingers and even if his M2 is designed badly it has some counter play to it. At the end of the game DeathSlingers always lose because of how long his cooldowns are and his mobility. He has no map pressure and even his main ability which is used in chases is weak.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629488#Comment_1629488

    Not enough of a downside to warrant effort-free zoning.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629487#Comment_1629487

    I mean, the general majority disagrees. There's no counterplay to "killer spams M2 for free zoning". Bro, I've been a killer main since 2016. I even have full Legacy on all killers that have it. Even I can see the awful design in something like this.

    Now if guys perhaps just aren't good enough and need that kind of free zoning..well, that's a different problem entirely.

    Also there are so many other killers who can zone survivors with minimal skill and people could care less. Some of them being: Demogorgon, Hillbilly, Wraith, Huntress, Hag, Clown, LeatherFace, Plague, PHead, and even Blight. All of the killers I just listed can use their powers to keep survivors from going to certain areas and can basically rediect survivors. I also forgot to mention trapper but there's no reason I could ever see for someone to complain about him because he's so weak that even if his traps are unfun it couldn't matter less.

  • @Breadz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629492#Comment_1629492

    Also there are so many other killers who can zone survivors with minimal skill and people could care less. Some of them being: Demogorgon, Hillbilly, Wraith, Huntress, Hag, Clown, LeatherFace, Plague, PHead, and even Blight. All of the killers I just listed can use their powers to keep survivors from going to certain areas and can basically rediect survivors. I also forgot to mention trapper but there's no reason I could ever see for someone to complain about him because he's so weak that even if his traps are unfun it couldn't matter less.

    1. Demo's movement slows down when he charges his shred, and the animation takes a second to complete.
    2. Hillbilly has a limit to how much he can "zone". He literally has an overheat.
    3. Wraith's movement slows down if he fakes his cloak/uncloak.
    4. Huntress has a slow down while she's winding up, and a full animation when she puts her hatchet away.
    5. Hag's traps are actually visible and have direct counters, such as flashlights.
    6. Plague slows down when she holds her vomit.
    7. Leatherfaces movement slows down when he holds his charge, and has an overheat mechanic.
    8. Blight LITERALLY has a cooldown animation.

    Deathslinger has none of this. Players can literally spamclick M2 and get free zoning with zero downsides. Pyramidhead doesn't have a downside, and that's another topic of discussion that has been complained about.

    Comparing him to other killers did nothing but prove my argument. Thanks. Much apprec.

    @Breadz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634330#Comment_1634330

    Guess? The survivor can keep running straight or dodge. Its pretty easy to go against DeathSlingers and even if his M2 is designed badly it has some counter play to it. At the end of the game DeathSlingers always lose because of how long his cooldowns are and his mobility. He has no map pressure and even his main ability which is used in chases is weak.

    Explain how one dodges a Deathslinger with the ability to spam fake M2 over and over, with no indication that he's ever actually going to use his power? Here, actual statistical data from someone who actually knows: @ScottJund

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h10-JuLwEU


  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633107#Comment_1633107

    Press E to erase the killers mindgame, and pretend it didn't happen. five 15 trillion billion quintillion IQ play there.

    Yeah I hate that. It makes killers feel less fun and less rewarding to play.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634321#Comment_1634321

    I'm not sitting here saying he's OP, or even strong. I'm merely saying that once he starts spamming M2, there's nothing the survivor can do but guess.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634325#Comment_1634325

    It's an opinion, yes; but a majority opinion.

    Forgot to mention that this isn't as important of an issue as other killers which is why I'm downplaying this. Don't plya him if you don't like him and if you go against him just destroy him because he's weak. Him being unfun in chases is an opinion and if you really hate it then stealth that whole match and just wait it out because nobody plays him anyways.

  • @Breadz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634330#Comment_1634330

    Forgot to mention that this isn't as important of an issue as other killers which is why I'm downplaying this. Don't plya him if you don't like him and if you go against him just destroy him because he's weak. Him being unfun in chases is an opinion and if you really hate it then stealth that whole match and just wait it out because nobody plays him anyways.

    The players that complain about him don't like stealth. They like to make YT montages of running 4 laps around a truck, hitting the killer with the pallet and then proceeding to blind them and sneak past them because ha ha baby killer.

    PH and Dslinger have the potential to deny this bs so they want them ruined.

1 2 3 4 ›