If you can't loop optimally as survivor don't make claims such as survivor is easy.

Now I see killer mains who say survivor is easy and yet can't themselves. If you can't handle a chase as survivor but make bold claims your argument is invalid.

Comments

  • @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584429#Comment_1584429

    My point about the gens was that it was the gens themselves which makes survivor easier, not the chases. Those who say the chases are easier either have godly skills, or poor matchups. So, I do see your point, but not that you should ignore it. Instead, counter it.

    Maybe add examples to your original post, so we have something to go on. A general statement doesn't leave much room to move about with.

    Ok that makes more sense I'll try that. People are taking it the wrong way. I'm talking about chases. So ill probably edit the main post to add an example of a loop. Well atleast something.

  • ... Is this a troll thread? Of course Survivor is easy. The whole role is divided between 4 people. As far as actual skill goes, most Killer mains can play survivor well, because Killer requires you to adapt to most of the survivors playstyles. Hell I was ######### at the game until I started to play Killer. Then when I played Killer I sat in red ranks as Survivor easy, I didn't even have to get good at Killer. I just needed to see what the better players do in chases, and through that I learned how to loop as survivor.

    Comparitively as a Killer main, who also plays survivor both in red ranks, with over 2000 hours into game. Survivor is a hell of a lot easier than playing Killer ever will be.

    What even is this thread?

  • @azame said:

    Now I see killer mains who say survivor is easy and yet can't themselves. If you can't handle a chase as survivor but make bold claims your argument is invalid.

    would escaping in a loop half the time abd dying the other half count as optimal?

  • @TheButcher said:

    ... Is this a troll thread? Of course Survivor is easy. The whole role is divided between 4 people. As far as actual skill goes, most Killer mains can play survivor well, because Killer requires you to adapt to most of the survivors playstyles. Hell I was ######### at the game until I started to play Killer. Then when I played Killer I sat in red ranks as Survivor easy, I didn't even have to get good at Killer. I just needed to see what the better players do in chases, and through that I learned how to loop as survivor.

    Comparitively as a Killer main, who also plays survivor both in red ranks, with over 2000 hours into game. Survivor is a hell of a lot easier than playing Killer ever will be.

    What even is this thread?

    I have 3k hours survivor is not easy to get good at. I'm talking about looping. If it was so easy then why are so many survivors bad?

  • I'm confused but optimal looping comes down to prolonging the chase. If the killer leaves you because you are good then I'd say its optimal. You escaped the chase.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584543#Comment_1584543

    I have 3k hours survivor is not easy to get good at. I'm talking about looping. If it was so easy then why are so many survivors bad?

    I wouldn't be able to tell you why other people are bad? The majority of survivors I see are relatively good. You're literally running in a circle. To be entirely fair, if you are finding Survivor hard to play. Then maybe DBD is not the game for you. The only hard thing about Survivor is learning how to use Flashlights lol, other than that you are running in circles, holding m1, and teabagging.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584548#Comment_1584548

    I'm confused but optimal looping comes down to prolonging the chase. If the killer leaves you because you are good then I'd say its optimal. You escaped the chase.

    oh lol nah they dont leave me i just run them around most of the map and half the time pallet them so many times they stop or mange to break los and iron hide

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584549#Comment_1584549

    I wouldn't be able to tell you why other people are bad? The majority of survivors I see are relatively good. You're literally running in a circle. To be entirely fair, if you are finding Survivor hard to play. Then maybe DBD is not the game for you. The only hard thing about Survivor is learning how to use Flashlights lol, other than that you are running in circles, holding m1, and teabagging.

    Survivor is not hard for me I'm good at it. But to get good it is hard. It's not just running in circles.

  • @redsopine00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584553#Comment_1584553

    oh lol nah they dont leave me i just run them around most of the map and half the time pallet them so many times they stop or mange to break los and iron hide

    I wish I was you bro I want people to chase me but they don't. They leave me after a couple of loops.

  • I play both quite a lot and must say that at lower ranks of course the killer is going to dominate, but at the higher ranks its pretty much opposite.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584557#Comment_1584557

    I wish I was you bro I want people to chase me but they don't. They leave me after a couple of loops.

    @azame

    My favorite is when you are looping and for some reason some Urban Evasion survivor is right there, and the killer immediately switches to them. Lmao

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584557#Comment_1584557

    I wish I was you bro I want people to chase me but they don't. They leave me after a couple of loops.

    i wish i had your luck but im tunnled most of the time

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584564#Comment_1584564

    @azame

    My favorite is when you are looping and for some reason some Urban Evasion survivor is right there, and the killer immediately switches to them. Lmao

    oh ive done that beofore heck when i was trying get my dwight adept i was on lerys being chased by a trapper poor poor ace on his last hook and wounded i up and used bond to sandbag him

  • @redsopine00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584567#Comment_1584567

    oh ive done that beofore heck when i was trying get my dwight adept i was on lerys being chased by a trapper poor poor ace on his last hook and wounded i up and used bond to sandbag him

    @redsopine00

    Yeah, sometimes it is unfortunate. xD Then again, sometimes it is nice for them to acknowledge that they are in the match with 2 hooks they can afford while you are looping because your life literally depends on it. lol

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584564#Comment_1584564

    @azame

    My favorite is when you are looping and for some reason some Urban Evasion survivor is right there, and the killer immediately switches to them. Lmao

    That is surprisingly accurate I'll he looping and a crouching survivor takes the agro instantly.

  • @redsopine00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584564#Comment_1584564

    i wish i had your luck but im tunnled most of the time

    That sounds fun all the chase I want.

  • lol maby we should play sometime you run aggro while i tec the gen next to the chase and we can go haha when it pops as hes chasing

  • @redsopine00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584584#Comment_1584584

    lol maby we should play sometime you run aggro while i tec the gen next to the chase and we can go haha when it pops as hes chasing

    Sounds good its Azame San on dbd and xbox one.

  • mines redsopine1 im not sure how to manully add in dbd im on ps4

  • @redsopine00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584601#Comment_1584601

    mines redsopine1 im not sure how to manully add in dbd im on ps4

    Ok when I get on I'll add you.

  • thanks though o will say apologies in advance if i hatch ditch for a challenge did it to a david today then again he and my teamates was stuuuupid basment rushing a michle constantly

  • @azame said:

    Now I see killer mains who say survivor is easy and yet can't themselves. If you can't handle a chase as survivor but make bold claims your argument is invalid.

    This is why you don't take the opinion of someone who identifies as [blank] main seriously. It's impossible to have an accurate opinion of any issue in this game without knowledge of both sides.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584555#Comment_1584555

    Survivor is not hard for me I'm good at it. But to get good it is hard. It's not just running in circles.

    Bro, you presented the question and now you're getting defensive when people tell you it's easy. Like... what's the point of the thread then?

  • As someone who plays primarily 50/50 and does make mistakes on both sides, my experience has always been that survivor can be even more frustrating, or way easier than killer. All depends on my teammates.

  • @redsopine00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584629#Comment_1584629

    thanks though o will say apologies in advance if i hatch ditch for a challenge did it to a david today then again he and my teamates was stuuuupid basment rushing a michle constantly

    You good the challenges be rough sometimes do what you gotta do.

  • @handfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584562#Comment_1584562

    Bro, you presented the question and now you're getting defensive when people tell you it's easy. Like... what's the point of the thread then?

    Survivor is not easy when you are learning it. Can you call defending my point "defensive" I suppose so.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584211#Comment_1584211

    Killers that close distance like spirit,billy,nurse,legion,range killers holding w can work but not all the time.

    Legion cant down with their power, and Spirit and Nurse are punished for whiffing or making a mistake.

  • As someone who has a fair amount of hours on both, here is my opinion.

    SWF>Killer>Solo

    All things being equal, a great SWF will beat a great killer, All things being equal, a great killer will beat great survivors.

    Feel free to disagree but with over 200 hours on this game and the forums, that has been my experience.

    Also I'd like to say these advantages are slight and this isn't including multiple factors. Overall this game is decently balanced I'd say. ๐Ÿ˜…

  • IMO as a 60/40 Killer main my usual experience is that Survivor gameplay as a whole is a lot easier. If you have 4 evenly skilled survivors it's just as easy on a practical level, and I am not talking about SWF.

    I once had a game against a billy and he could for the life of him not hit a nea he was chasing while we all were super efficent on gens (I assume) since 3 gens went off really fast. That was with him switching to me since he was smart and knew that nea wouldn't get hit any time soon, the problem with that was, that I just held W to gain distance from the gen (which if you combine it with LoS blockers also actually works vs a billy) and I assume nea instantly went and worked on my gen, since it also went off soon after the other 2 gens.

    The endresult was 3 gens done with 0 hits around 100-110 seconds into the game and eventually 4 people escaping since he got unlucky with chasing a strong nea and me.

    Now you could say that the killer was just "bad", even though he attempted some nice mindgames, and that the usual random solo team isn't as coordinated, but I feel like bad machmaking isn't supposed to be a balancing factor for a survivor game, it just so happens that current matchmaking isn't the best.

    If its a solo game with some rather new survivors then I can agree that solo survivor can be hell. Sometimes you can bait the killer into chasing you but even if you get chased all game, that will still not guarantee that the other survivors do gens. That is why I think that matchmaking is the true problem with solo q, since 4 evenly skilled solo survivors make the gap between a skilled SWF and solo q way smaller (even though obviously SWF still have an advantage if both solo q and SWF are on the same skill level).

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584271#Comment_1584271

    Legion cant down with their power, and Spirit and Nurse are punished for whiffing or making a mistake.

    I understand that he still closes the distance even with fatigue. Yes if nurse wasnt punished she would be broken. Good nurses hardly make mistakes.

  • @Pipefish said:

    As someone who has a fair amount of hours on both, here is my opinion.

    SWF>Killer>Solo

    All things being equal, a great SWF will beat a great killer, All things being equal, a great killer will beat great survivors.

    Feel free to disagree but with over 200 hours on this game and the forums, that has been my experience.

    Also I'd like to say these advantages are slight and this isn't including multiple factors. Overall this game is decently balanced I'd say. ๐Ÿ˜…

    I agree with what you said it was way worse back in the day but it's way better.now.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584902#Comment_1584902

    I understand that he still closes the distance even with fatigue. Yes if nurse wasnt punished she would be broken. Good nurses hardly make mistakes.

    Their power actively hinders you after the first hit. 4 seconds is more than enough time to get to a safe place as survivor.

    Nurses are forced to get gud, just like any other killer. I think the fact that there are no redos if you make mistakes for killers is a testament to how difficult the role is. Survivor has its own intricacies, but the fact that the only stress comes from if the killer role does well really says something.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    What if I'm able to escape nearly every time at red rank even with sub-optimal looping just by running in a straight line and not being an idiot?

    So long as I'm able to do whatever my specific claim is it should be fine.

    I escape most of my matches by hiding when the killer come by or running in straight line I escape chase with out looping.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584997#Comment_1584997

    Their power actively hinders you after the first hit. 4 seconds is more than enough time to get to a safe place as survivor.

    Nurses are forced to get gud, just like any other killer. I think the fact that there are no redos if you make mistakes for killers is a testament to how difficult the role is. Survivor has its own intricacies, but the fact that the only stress comes from if the killer role does well really says something.

    That's if the map rng doesnt screw you. It all depends on that because sure you have 4 seconds but I've seen so many dead zones lately I cant say it's the case all the time.

    Making one mistake as killer is not gonna cost you the game unless you are against a tourny squad or optimal swf.

  • but thats just it. if you can waste enough time, even if you are terrible, your team can win and escape if they just hold m1 on a gen.

  • @AvisDeene said:

    Incorrect, Iโ€™m terrible at both roles though I equally enjoy playing them. As Survivor, I canโ€™t loop well at all, but in order to compensate, I just play stealth with sprint burst as my get away card.

    I just sneak around while doing objectives and the second Spine Chill flashes, I go into the shadows, wasting the Killers time while he looks for me. In the off chance that I get spotted (I usually do something stupid), I use sprint burst to get away and waste more time.

    You just have to be competent when playing Survivor. The most difficult thing about the role is having to rely on your teammates.

    this how I play I'm ok with loops last maybe min or 2 not great I play mostly stealthy. I do think solo can be hard and swf broken easy killer is hard

    but if everyone was a god looper killer would be stupid hard there be no point in playing killers

    and if you run the killer with loops for a long time and if the killer smart he go for someone else and if they all great with loops I wouldn't blame the killer for DC if he did

    looping not the best thing for this game makes me glad not everyone plays that ways.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584439#Comment_1584439

    Not really. Sure if you're a rage quitter who just gives up immediately if he gets downed, you'll die. But it's still rather easy to come back after being the first hook as long as you play intelligently and your team isn't that bad. My looping skill is bad, but my decision making is excellent. One of the most important things you can do is know where to go down. If you're the kind of survivor who can loop the killer for 2 minutes but does it right next to the hooked survivor, you're far more of a handicap to your team than I am when I decide to actively avoid strong loops to run to the other side of the map from the critical gen being worked on and go down much faster as a result.

    well said.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584548#Comment_1584548

    I'm confused but optimal looping comes down to prolonging the chase. If the killer leaves you because you are good then I'd say its optimal. You escaped the chase.

    if that was the case I'm good then lol I escape chase a lot thing is you can't escape them all

    @redsopine00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584553#Comment_1584553

    oh lol nah they dont leave me i just run them around most of the map and half the time pallet them so many times they stop or mange to break los and iron hide

    same.

  • if gen didn't go so fast then killer would chase you more maybe another game mode that most about chases seeing how long you last.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584584#Comment_1584584

    if gen didn't go so fast then killer would chase you more maybe another game mode that most about chases seeing how long you last.

    That would be dope I understand gen speeds we need the start game collapse sooner I want to be chased more.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585185#Comment_1585185

    That would be dope I understand gen speeds we need the start game collapse sooner I want to be chased more.

    well there going to be some start egc thing coming when not sure but it meant to slow the game down.

  • I play both 50/50 at rank one, solo que and swfs and I think survivor is much easier than Killer, at least at the higher ranks.

  • Playing survivor is objetively easier than playing killer.

    As survivor you only have to hold m1 and sometimes space. And occasionally unhook a mate who can be unhooked by other survivor, not you. You can get chased if you're spotted but you can lost the killer if you're are not good at looping using exhaustion perks or you can hide before the killer spot you, if you are downed you still have to be downed two times more, having three opportunities to survive.

    As killer you have to chase people, keep pressure on gens, kick gens, hook the survivors 12 times and the mistakes are way more unforgiving.

    In fact when I want to play relaxed I play survivor.

    Sorry bro, maybe survivor is not easy to master but definitely way easier to play.

  • @azame said:

    Now I see killer mains who say survivor is easy and yet can't themselves. If you can't handle a chase as survivor but make bold claims your argument is invalid.

    Survivor is easy because you do not need to be able to loop optimally in order to have success as a survivor. There are enough videos, posted here and even more in the depths of the web, where you can see survivors who last 20-30secs in a chase and yet the killer will sweat his/her ass off in order to win the game.

    As long as people do gens when possible, looping is not really that relevant, you can even waste pallets like there is no tomorrow in order to not get hit, the killer still chasing that person will lose him the game. Meanwhile you always have "downtimes" as survivor, the time where in a match you sit at a gen and just check your surroundings or listen to what your teammates tell you ( so you do not even need to check your surroundings). The killer usually doesn't get that because he needs to juggle the survivors and get them to making mistakes, so many mistakes he can walk away with the win.

  • @Pipefish said:

    As someone who has a fair amount of hours on both, here is my opinion.

    SWF>Killer>Solo

    All things being equal, a great SWF will beat a great killer, All things being equal, a great killer will beat great survivors.

    Feel free to disagree but with over 200 hours on this game and the forums, that has been my experience.

    Also I'd like to say these advantages are slight and this isn't including multiple factors. Overall this game is decently balanced I'd say. ๐Ÿ˜…

    This is entirely wrong. If you have a killer and 4 survivors at equal skill rate, the survivors will always. Between good looping, pallets and second chance perks it would be easy.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584486#Comment_1584486

    @Dehitay

    Ok, but imagine if you already said your looping skill is bad, and the other 3 are bad as well. Do you honestly believe you are all going to be buying each other time? At that point you'll have created and endless loop of unhooking-going down-unhooking... rinse-repeat. Without anyone actually doing gens or working on objectives at all.

    Looping is the only interaction you have with a killer, not when you are holding M1 on a gen. I think that is what the OP is referring to. I understand how you can still be reckless as a good looper, but for the most part I have found good loopers to also make conscious decisions because as mentioned before in order to be a good looper you have to have good coordination, tile knowledge etc, which pretty much asserts that they will make conscious decisions during saving as well.

    If nobody's doing gens with 4 people alive, it's more than just their looping skills being bad. They're just bad as survivors. And if you're on a team with 3 bad survivors, it honestly doesn't matter how good your looping skills are. True, you might avoid the fate of being the first to die, but you're probly not gonna get all that much accomplished.

  • Fun fact:

    Survivor is easy even if you don't know how to loop.

  • When people say that survivor is easy, they're not referring to being able to loop. They're talking about the comparison between a killers objective and a survivors objective. The survivors objective just doesn't require a lot of skill. The skillchecks aren't exactly hard. The harder part for survivors is indeed looping, but with how fast gens could be going and there being some maps with questionable loops and tile combinations, suddenly looping doesn't really become a big priority to actually master. Being efficient with gens is what gets these people to victory.

    I do realize this isn't exactly the right depiction of the entire playerbase, but what I'm trying to say is that when killers say this stuff, they're usually referring to the idea they generally are able to outplay survivors but the gen speeds and maps is what costs them. This is just my take on it though.

  • @azame said:

    Now I see killer mains who say survivor is easy and yet can't themselves. If you can't handle a chase as survivor but make bold claims your argument is invalid.

    I am an expert looper as well as a killer main. There is literally nothing to it other than memorization. No one is impressed.

  • @batax90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187227/if-you-cant-loop-optimally-as-survivor-dont-make-claims-such-as-survivor-is-easy

    You know you just need to run in a straight line when you see the killer and you just bought your team 30 to 40 sec so yes survivor is easy

    Sorry but no map is that big