If you can't loop optimally as survivor don't make claims such as survivor is easy.

Now I see killer mains who say survivor is easy and yet can't themselves. If you can't handle a chase as survivor but make bold claims your argument is invalid.

Comments

  • I agree. You can't really make an informed opinion on something if you don't have accurate experience or research into it

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I agree. You can't really make an informed opinion on something if you don't have accurate experience or research into it

    This exactly same goes for killer don't say killers easy if you never played it. Very annoying seeing people make this claims.

  • @azame said:

    Now I see killer mains who say survivor is easy and yet can't themselves. If you can't handle a chase as survivor but make bold claims your argument is invalid.

    You know you just need to run in a straight line when you see the killer and you just bought your team 30 to 40 sec so yes survivor is easy

  • What if I'm able to escape nearly every time at red rank even with sub-optimal looping just by running in a straight line and not being an idiot?

    So long as I'm able to do whatever my specific claim is it should be fine.

  • Well the same goes for survivors. If you can't play certain killer at high level, don't make bold accusations that he's OP or weak.

    They can have any opinion they want though yet It's not like "survivor is easy" was ever solid argument to begin with in any serious discussion.

  • @azame said:

    Now I see killer mains who say survivor is easy and yet can't themselves. If you can't handle a chase as survivor but make bold claims your argument is invalid.

    Survivor is easy if your team does the gens like they should instead of trolling, the problem is only a few killers really stand a chance with the top tier survivors that rush gens and know how to run tiles

  • As a Killer, I can tell you that good loopers are generally not the thing I am most worried about. Generally it's stealthy players who are very focused. Stealth is a million times more effective than looping, provided you're good at it and the killer isn't using something that reveals your location often. You can pretty much guarantee a chase will end with a hit or a down if you persist long enough (although you often shouldn't) -- searching for a stealthy boy might waste a lot of time and result in absolutely nothing. The bigger the map and the more crap in it, the harder it is to flush people out.

    Luckily, high-level stealth is something I seem to rarely encounter, so I'll take good loopers any day.

  • There are other ways to play survivor. Don't try to gatekeep playing survivor or having opinions on survivor gameplay.

  • @Kebek said:

    Well the same goes for survivors. If you can't play certain killer at high level, don't make bold accusations that he's OP or weak.

    They can have any opinion they want though yet It's not like "survivor is easy" was ever solid argument to begin with in any serious discussion.

    No I 100% agree it goes both ways if you think killer is easy go play it and find out.

  • @Orion said:

    There are other ways to play survivor. Don't try to gatekeep playing survivor or having opinions on survivor gameplay.

    Yeah but looping optimally is by far the best way to buy time and win games. Even against spirit if you guess right and avoid being injured optimal looping will win you the game.

    Can you not loop optimally? The way you type that gives me reason to believe so.

  • @azame said:

    Now I see killer mains who say survivor is easy and yet can't themselves. If you can't handle a chase as survivor but make bold claims your argument is invalid.

    Agreed, survivor is easier but thats in contrast to killer which is pretty hard

  • Well it depends what kind of looping we are talking abaut. Looping the killer is easy if you just burn pallets like no end, run 1 loop and drop it. But mastering pallet loops when you can maximize killers time waste takes time to learn. To be fair there are some dirty RNG sometimes where even bad survivors can take advantage of it. I've seen sometimes long jungle gym window facing another long loop, which then faced shack window. Locations like these are gold mine for half decent survivors.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    What if I'm able to escape nearly every time at red rank even with sub-optimal looping just by running in a straight line and not being an idiot?

    So long as I'm able to do whatever my specific claim is it should be fine.

    The point is atleast be versed in what you claim. If you are gonna say nurse is easy and never play her you sound dumb.

  • @batax90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187227/if-you-cant-loop-optimally-as-survivor-dont-make-claims-such-as-survivor-is-easy

    You know you just need to run in a straight line when you see the killer and you just bought your team 30 to 40 sec so yes survivor is easy

    Killers that close distance like spirit,billy,nurse,legion,range killers holding w can work but not all the time.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584244#Comment_1584244

    Yeah but looping optimally is by far the best way to buy time and win games. Even against spirit if you guess right and avoid being injured optimal looping will win you the game.

    Can you not loop optimally? The way you type that gives me reason to believe so.

    I hardly give a ######### any more in PvP, so I don't really try to play optimally in most PvP games. It's too much of a pain in the ass and requires short bursts of hyperfocus, which is exhausting to my ADHD brain. When a killer has sufficiently pissed me off or the mood strikes, however, I can give them a literal run for their money.

  • I think it depends if solo survivor its harder. If its swf killer is harder. But neither sides are "easy."

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584219#Comment_1584219

    The point is atleast be versed in what you claim. If you are gonna say nurse is easy and never play her you sound dumb.

    In that case I agree.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584254#Comment_1584254

    I hardly give a ######### any more in PvP, so I don't really try to play optimally in most PvP games. It's too much of a pain in the ass and requires short bursts of hyperfocus, which is exhausting to my ADHD brain. When a killer has sufficiently pissed me off or the mood strikes, however, I can give them a literal run for their money.

    Alright I'll take your word on it for the sake of discussion. Now agree or disagree looping I'd the most impactful thing survivors can do.

  • @Callmehandsome said:

    Well it depends what kind of looping we are talking abaut. Looping the killer is easy if you just burn pallets like no end, run 1 loop and drop it. But mastering pallet loops when you can maximize killers time waste takes time to learn. To be fair there are some dirty RNG sometimes where even bad survivors can take advantage of it. I've seen sometimes long jungle gym window facing another long loop, which then faced shack window. Locations like these are gold mine for half decent survivors.

    Yeah I'm talking about average RNG where things arent god tiles such ad a long wall into shack. A good survivor can connect any loop together and make it last a long time.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584273#Comment_1584273

    Alright I'll take your word on it for the sake of discussion. Now agree or disagree looping I'd the most impactful thing survivors can do.

    During a chase, yes, I agree. Overall, I disagree.

  • I mean, sure. But some times there's literally not skill involved with disgusting setups like shack window into long wall window jungle gym, or L T into jungle gym. Most of the time the only skill you need is being conscious of how strong the setup is and that it's better getting hit just to preserve the pallet.

  • @YaiPa said:

    I mean, sure. But some times there's literally not skill involved with disgusting setups like shack window into long wall window jungle gym, or L T into jungle gym. Most of the time the only skill you need is being conscious of how strong the setup is and that it's better getting hit just to preserve the pallet.

    No these are not including broken easy setups. Just good survivors who know how to chain even basic tiles together.

  • Yeah killers, running in a circle good is hard! You don't even know how much skill it takes to run in a circle a couple times! Sometimes, when I'm not showing off my skill by running in a circle, I'll even hold m1 for a couple minutes!

    Survivor is much harder then killer, you tell em OP!

  • @Free_Hugs said:

    Yeah killers, running in a circle good is hard! You don't even know how much skill it takes to run in a circle a couple times! Sometimes, when I'm not showing off my skill by running in a circle, I'll even hold m1 for a couple minutes!

    Survivor is much harder then killer, you tell em OP!

    Since when did he say survivor is easier than killer? Read the description before making a biased post.

  • @Free_Hugs said:

    Yeah killers, running in a circle good is hard! You don't even know how much skill it takes to run in a circle a couple times! Sometimes, when I'm not showing off my skill by running in a circle, I'll even hold m1 for a couple minutes!

    Survivor is much harder then killer, you tell em OP!

    Solo survivor is harder than killer swf is easier than killer. It's not just running in circles.

  • I love how some killer mains about how easy survivor is but yet can't loop efficiently and run survivor meta perks all the time.

  • You don't have to be good at looping to do better at survivor than killer. I'm a prime example of that. My looping is mediocre at best. However, I know what I should be doing at any given time and that's far more important in the long run.

  • @Dehitay said:

    You don't have to be good at looping to do better at survivor than killer. I'm a prime example of that. My looping is mediocre at best. However, I know what I should be doing at any given time and that's far more important in the long run.

    That's fair enough but still the short chases will put immense pressure on your team.

  • thanks for making this, theres always that 1 dude that says "survivor is easy just hold m1 lol" which i could maybe agree with to some extent.

    theres only 1 thing in this game that i say takes no skill

    and its freddy

  • @azame said:

    Now I see killer mains who say survivor is easy and yet can't themselves. If you can't handle a chase as survivor but make bold claims your argument is invalid.

    Survivors objective is easy and where do survivors fail all the time? The only skill-based thing in their gameplay: The looping. You just have to get better at it and not the killers have to get nerfed.

  • Why are all your arguments so black and white? 'If you claim this, but can't do it, or do it well, then you have no argument.' There are lots of things in life that you can have some outside knowledge on, even though you don't have the skill personally.

    Survivor isn't considered easier due to a 1v1 chase, it's considered easier because your goal is to hold M1 on a gen. That's your only objective, unlike Killer, who needs to juggle four players at once. If you're in a chase, you have three others holding that M1 button.

    That's not to say that unskilled opinions shouldn't be taken with a grain of salt. Skill and experience plays a huge part in an argument, no doubt. But to just write off opinions and ideas on a matter, comply because they aren't 'as good,' doesn't really keep a discussion open.

  • What makes you assume killer mains can't loop well? It's too much of a generalization. There's plenty of killer mains like myself who also play survivor sometimes and can loop decently and make chases last a couple minutes or more. I'm a red rank survivor too, and I think survivor is easy.

    Have you always been this anti-killer? You got tunneled and camped too much?

  • @Freesham said:

    What makes you assume killer mains can't loop well? It's too much of a generalization. There's plenty of killer mains like myself who also play survivor sometimes and can loop decently and make chases last a couple minutes or more. I'm a red rank survivor too, and I think survivor is easy.

    Have you always been this anti-killer? You got tunneled and camped too much?

    Dude's been making some of the most terrible posts I've ever seen here. He's condescending as ######### towards anyone who doesn't agree with him as you can see in this thread. Also dude posted a vid to "prove" Spirit had no counter play and in the vid he did nothing but whine, carry useless perks, play like #########, and kill himself on hook and then has the nerve to tell other he's gonna play how he wants to LOL.

  • Incorrect, I’m terrible at both roles though I equally enjoy playing them. As Survivor, I can’t loop well at all, but in order to compensate, I just play stealth with sprint burst as my get away card.

    I just sneak around while doing objectives and the second Spine Chill flashes, I go into the shadows, wasting the Killers time while he looks for me. In the off chance that I get spotted (I usually do something stupid), I use sprint burst to get away and waste more time.

    You just have to be competent when playing Survivor. The most difficult thing about the role is having to rely on your teammates.

  • @BaldursGate2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187227/if-you-cant-loop-optimally-as-survivor-dont-make-claims-such-as-survivor-is-easy

    Survivors objective is easy and where do survivors fail all the time? The only skill-based thing in their gameplay: The looping. You just have to get better at it and not the killers have to get nerfed.

    Yeah doing gens is easy and looping isnt some killers make looping meaningless like spirit. I think it's possible to loop her but it comes down to luck and their skill.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Why are all your arguments so black and white? 'If you claim this, but can't do it, or do it well, then you have no argument.' There are lots of things in life that you can have some outside knowledge on, even though you don't have the skill personally.

    Survivor isn't considered easier due to a 1v1 chase, it's considered easier because your goal is to hold M1 on a gen. That's your only objective, unlike Killer, who needs to juggle four players at once. If you're in a chase, you have three others holding that M1 button.

    That's not to say that unskilled opinions shouldn't be taken with a grain of salt. Skill and experience plays a huge part in an argument, no doubt. But to just write off opinions and ideas on a matter, comply because they aren't 'as good,' doesn't really keep a discussion open.

    Yeah we arent talking about doing gens I'm talking about chases I am going to ignore your argument if you cant hold a long chase yourself and claim that, that is easy. I'm quite sure your skill as survivor lacks.

    Yes you can have an opinion but it doesnt make it any less wrong. Some "opinions" are ridiculous.

  • @Freesham said:

    What makes you assume killer mains can't loop well? It's too much of a generalization. There's plenty of killer mains like myself who also play survivor sometimes and can loop decently and make chases last a couple minutes or more. I'm a red rank survivor too, and I think survivor is easy.

    Have you always been this anti-killer? You got tunneled and camped too much?

    I dont assume killer mains cant loop well. One of the best survivors I used to play with was a killer main. I'm not generalizing and saying all killer mains cant I'm speaking to the killer mains that well can't. If that makes sense.

    I'm not anti killer at all. I play killer I inderstands the gripes and complaints. I'm just speaking for the survivor side of the community we are ignored and our problems are taken for granted because we were op in the past. The social media side of dbd is killer based especially reddit. If you don't hold a killer main pov you will have multiple people arguing with you.

  • @Momentosis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584406#Comment_1584406

    Dude's been making some of the most terrible posts I've ever seen here. He's condescending as ######### towards anyone who doesn't agree with him as you can see in this thread. Also dude posted a vid to "prove" Spirit had no counter play and in the vid he did nothing but whine, carry useless perks, play like #########, and kill himself on hook and then has the nerve to tell other he's gonna play how he wants to LOL.

    Call me condescending to people I have a disagreement with but that just isnt true. I never just whined. My useless perks was me trying to chill and have fun. If I were to run DS/UB like I usually do I could almost swear people would call it out.

    It was my 2nd and 3rd spirit game I was bored out of my mind. This post is literally just me telling people not to say one side is easy if you arent good/dont play it. I dont understand what's condescending about that.

  • I agree.

    If you don't know how to loop you will most likely die if you are the first one found. Because you are not giving your team enough time to do gens.

    Many people that immerse most of the game and want to claim they did something worthy, don't realize they just got lucky they weren't found.

    Of course all this also depends on the skill of the killer.

  • @AvisDeene said:

    Incorrect, I’m terrible at both roles though I equally enjoy playing them. As Survivor, I can’t loop well at all, but in order to compensate, I just play stealth with sprint burst as my get away card.

    I just sneak around while doing objectives and the second Spine Chill flashes, I go into the shadows, wasting the Killers time while he looks for me. In the off chance that I get spotted (I usually do something stupid), I use sprint burst to get away and waste more time.

    You just have to be competent when playing Survivor. The most difficult thing about the role is having to rely on your teammates.

    Have you played against a competent killer? Stealth works but when you get spotted and suck at looping it's a quick chase no if and or buts. I love stealth players when I'm in chase its quick.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I agree.

    If you don't know how to loop you will most likely die if you are the first one found. Because you are not giving your team enough time to do gens.

    Many people that immerse most of the game and want to claim they did something worthy, don't realize they just got lucky they weren't found.

    Of course all this also depends on the skill of the killer.

    Exactly you understand but be careful this thread is growing hostile. Kinda exciting though.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584439#Comment_1584439

    Exactly you understand but be careful this thread is growing hostile. Kinda exciting though.

    @azame

    Oh I hadn't noticed, then again I am not threatened easily. 😉

    I have enough experience to understand exactly where you are coming from. As killer I've actually had survivors use the words "You are so easy to juke" when they were in a locker the entire time and I never saw them. Lmao

    I can admire someone who can evade the killer through means of tile knowledge, techs, than someone who is simply crouched inside a tree, for example.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584395#Comment_1584395

    Yeah we arent talking about doing gens I'm talking about chases I am going to ignore your argument if you cant hold a long chase yourself and claim that, that is easy. I'm quite sure your skill as survivor lacks.

    Yes you can have an opinion but it doesnt make it any less wrong. Some "opinions" are ridiculous.

    My point about the gens was that it was the gens themselves which makes survivor easier, not the chases. Those who say the chases are easier either have godly skills, or poor matchups. So, I do see your point, but not that you should ignore it. Instead, counter it.

    Maybe add examples to your original post, so we have something to go on. A general statement doesn't leave much room to move about with.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584244#Comment_1584244

    Yeah but looping optimally is by far the best way to buy time and win games. Even against spirit if you guess right and avoid being injured optimal looping will win you the game.

    Can you not loop optimally? The way you type that gives me reason to believe so.

    Orion is literally one of the most unbias players on this forum and, to my knowledge, plays both sides.

    Please keep trying to pick fights lol

  • @handfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584254#Comment_1584254

    Orion is literally one of the most unbias players on this forum and, to my knowledge, plays both sides.

    Please keep trying to pick fights lol

    And dude says he's not being condescending.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I agree.

    If you don't know how to loop you will most likely die if you are the first one found. Because you are not giving your team enough time to do gens.

    Many people that immerse most of the game and want to claim they did something worthy, don't realize they just got lucky they weren't found.

    Of course all this also depends on the skill of the killer.

    Not really. Sure if you're a rage quitter who just gives up immediately if he gets downed, you'll die. But it's still rather easy to come back after being the first hook as long as you play intelligently and your team isn't that bad. My looping skill is bad, but my decision making is excellent. One of the most important things you can do is know where to go down. If you're the kind of survivor who can loop the killer for 2 minutes but does it right next to the hooked survivor, you're far more of a handicap to your team than I am when I decide to actively avoid strong loops to run to the other side of the map from the critical gen being worked on and go down much faster as a result.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584439#Comment_1584439

    Not really. Sure if you're a rage quitter who just gives up immediately if he gets downed, you'll die. But it's still rather easy to come back after being the first hook as long as you play intelligently and your team isn't that bad. My looping skill is bad, but my decision making is excellent. One of the most important things you can do is know where to go down. If you're the kind of survivor who can loop the killer for 2 minutes but does it right next to the hooked survivor, you're far more of a handicap to your team than I am when I decide to actively avoid strong loops to run to the other side of the map from the critical gen being worked on and go down much faster as a result.

    @Dehitay

    Ok, but imagine if you already said your looping skill is bad, and the other 3 are bad as well. Do you honestly believe you are all going to be buying each other time? At that point you'll have created and endless loop of unhooking-going down-unhooking... rinse-repeat. Without anyone actually doing gens or working on objectives at all.

    Looping is the only interaction you have with a killer, not when you are holding M1 on a gen. I think that is what the OP is referring to. I understand how you can still be reckless as a good looper, but for the most part I have found good loopers to also make conscious decisions because as mentioned before in order to be a good looper you have to have good coordination, tile knowledge etc, which pretty much asserts that they will make conscious decisions during saving as well.

  • I mean if theyre saying survivor is easy and arent top % players doesnt that show you that survivor is easy... i mean you dont need to be good at loops, you can drop pallets pretty fast and as long as your team are doing gens its pretty easy. but survivor is easier in the sense you dont have to do multiple things all at the same time, you have very little to worry about and its a 4v1 unlike the killer who has a much harder time with perks at rank 1

  • @handfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584254#Comment_1584254

    Orion is literally one of the most unbias players on this forum and, to my knowledge, plays both sides.

    Please keep trying to pick fights lol

    Survivor main here, actually. I got bored of killer due to all the looping. At least when playing survivor I don't have to loop.

  • @handfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584254#Comment_1584254

    Orion is literally one of the most unbias players on this forum and, to my knowledge, plays both sides.

    Please keep trying to pick fights lol

    I never said anything about him being a killer maij or survivor main just asked if he loops optimally lol.

‹ 1 2 3