Did they change their mind on giving out event exclusives?

Was wondering since I got the hound mask and davids jacket when I didn't have them before. Is this just a bug?

Comments

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    What's with all the back and forth on this issue? Isn't this like the third time they've done a 180 on their decision?

    Yes.

    -

    Originally these cosmetics were exclusive. Cool.

    Then they said they'd give them out for free with the stuff you could only get anymore if you bought $200+ codes online. Cool.

    Then they said no, due to the community reaction, they'd leave event exclusives exclusive. Cool.

    Now they really are free. Cool.

    I don't really see the big deal.

    I started playing DbD during the Howling Grounds event. Sure the flashlight 'fixes' were annoying, but they didn't stay that way the whole event, and all you had to do was play the game to unlock the cosmetics.

  • they gave out mad legacy items like a year ago or less!!! what the hell and all we get is a "were sorry" as original players. NOW AGAIN?? whatever man thats bs, older players ALWAYS GET SHAFTED

  • Hello,

    I play since 2016 too and i worked hard for all my exclusive Eventitems too and now you give them for free ?? what the hell is this? About Legacy items: Yes we all know it was befofe the bloodweeb was reworked and it´s for ppl they deserve it. True... but it is the same with the Eventitems too

    So Why BHVR can´t restore Legacy Items ? Answer 1: They don´t have the programmcodes anymore or answer 2: they won´t give it to ppl who don´t deserve it.... Why you make a big secret about Legacy? Legacy is not special like much ppl think. Legacy or Eventitems: In my opinion it´s the same, because "grind is grind" and if you investige 10 hours for grinding a bloodweeb or 10 hours for grinding an Event.... i told you again... It is the same !

    Sry for my bad english grammatic but siriously.

    Give Lagacy for all players free and this never ending story will finally end. It has more positive effects than negatives because 2020 the playerbase is much bigger than before. Ppl who lost their progress get finnaly their Items back and all new players can enjoy all this sweat LegacyItems too. In my Opinion its good for the Gamehealth ( no more Legacy hackers and stuff like that). As you can see....you did it with the Eventitems too.

    Greetings

  • @Peanits said:

    It's not a matter of prioritizing newer players over older players, it's actually quite the opposite. Back then, the way event cosmetics were stored were much less secure than recent events, and it made them susceptible to loss of progress (the reason why we needed to return them to people in the first place). We originally decided to return them only to the people who had earned them in specifically to not alienate long time players who had worked for them. Despite our best efforts, there were people missing who should have received them and didn't: The data we had at the time was not robust enough to catch everyone.

    So in short, some of the people who did work for and earn them didn't receive their cosmetics back, and there was nothing we can do for them. Those long time players were out of luck. The idea of not alienating long time players ended up alienating those long time players.

    It's unfortunate, yes, but leaving those people behind is not an option. This is the fairest way we can handle the situation. This shouldn't be a problem for future events as the way we store rewards now is much more secure.

    I knew this was going to be the reason for doing this. :P

  • @Orion said:

    Why does anyone care? You still did what you did, this doesn't change that. If I have a 1000 € salary and someone else gets 1000 € as a lottery prize, is my money suddenly worth less? Is my effort now useless because someone else got the same thing in an easier way?

    If I make 1000$ at a terrible job, but someone else makes 1000$ because they are unemployed, What's my incentive again?

    If you told me I could have been unemployed this whole time, Why wouldn't I have done that?

  • @Orion said:

    Why does anyone care? You still did what you did, this doesn't change that. If I have a 1000 € salary and someone else gets 1000 € as a lottery prize, is my money suddenly worth less? Is my effort now useless because someone else got the same thing in an easier way?

    To be honest, I don't think comparisons to real money are representative of the situation ...

    Money is ... Well, money, while these event cosmetics served as a token of dedication for many people and it's natural that when stripped from said token many people feel betrayed. A more accurate metaphor would be something along the lines of a friend giving you a bracelet to signify your many years long friendship, only to someday have him give the same kind of bracelet to a girl after a week of acquaintanceship. You still have the bracelet, but it's nowhere near as important ...

    For many people it's not about the cosmetics, it's about the meaning behind them.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/A5FPBHFFZUMP/5fr64ry-5b1-5d.png

    From the in game news. Yes these have been awarded to all players.

    About this legacy thing, in 2016 i have already prestige 1 my trapper but i didnt earned a legacy mask or what i should get

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376618#Comment_1376618

    If I make 1000$ at a terrible job, but someone else makes 1000$ because they are unemployed, What's my incentive again?

    Either way, you still have 1000 bucks.

  • And now they have an excuse not to give us a Summer Event.

    Awesome.

  • the event items you barely had to clock anytime playing in to get; legacy took time just sitting there going through the BS that was the bloodweb system when the game first came out. No, Legacy should not be given out to everyone. If you weren't around for the start of dbd to really go through the struggles you don't deserve it. The only people who deserve Legacy right now are the ones who lost it because of the faulty game save mechanics that reset so many players accounts. So many people have proof that they were around and had x y z pieces of legacy and BHVR won't do anything about it. It is possible to restore the cosmetics as we have seem several people banned for "hacking" it back. But I digress, a cosmetic is a cosmetic, most of the event cosmetics were just recolors at the end of the day. It isn't that deep.

  • "the event items you barely had to clock anytime playing in to get"

    NO ! this is not true, sry

  • neither the event cosmetics nor legacy should be given out to those who havent earned them in the respective timeframe. theyre called exclusives for a reason, you can just pick and choose which exclusives are remaining so and which aren't. complete lunacy yet again

  • @PNgamer said:

    "the event items you barely had to clock anytime playing in to get"

    NO ! this is not true, sry

    Let me rewrite that.

    "The event items that weren't entirely hard to get"

  • In my opinion, it's their excuse not to give us a Summer Event.

    It's how I see it.

    Here's free stuff, no event. Everyone happy?

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376738#Comment_1376738

    Let me rewrite that.

    "The event items that weren't entirely hard to get"

    do you rly think it´s a diffrent between grinding for 10hrs a bloodweeb or playing for 10hrs an Event ? ...i see no diffrent. In my opinion it´s the same cause grind is grind.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/A5FPBHFFZUMP/5fr64ry-5b1-5d.png

    From the in game news. Yes these have been awarded to all players.

    But why for free tho?? Couldn't u guys at least remake the events so they had to work for it? The value became so low like default cosmetics now.

  • @Mandy said:

    We are unable to restore Legacy items and and we will not be making this available to the Community as a whole.

    Why the double standards? I don't get it. At least restore those players legacy who have the correct achievements date.

  • Entitled player spotted.

    Event items took hours to put in it isnt something most could just do in a day. The events lasted a few weeks and with how high some of the requirements were along with how some members of the other side would go out of their way to prevent them from making progress those who went through the effort and earned it care quite a bit. I'm glad bhvr could retrieve my lost hound mask as well as those that put out the psa on the forums about the faulty saves at that time.

  • So that what peanits talked about fits very good with Legacy. Loss of Progress, other issues why people couldnt obtain it even if they are veterans. People who just started playing when Legacy got announced. And they also hadn't enough time.

    I dont see any reason anymore making legacy public. If that's the way you argue things, legacy isn't an exception. You did many reworks, many changes, many things wrong and right. And legacy is just the first one.

    I am playing since mid november 2k16 where's my veteran exclusive? Im playing since over 6,5k hours. Actively since 4 years, hugh?

    And I am not the only one. And I am getting mad that you take literally everything away except legacy...

    There are so many people who p3 every survivor and killer, maybe maxed them out. Where's their Legacy? isn't it enough spending a year lifetime to complete sth you don't get anything from it?

  • I'm sorry but I'm on switch and always wanted a legacy item, since DBD came on Switch in 2019, we didn't have any events you guys had so I guess it' s fair for people who got the game after everything was done.

  • BHVR,

    it's really painful to see how you neglect your old players.

    I started to play DBD in 2018 and really enjoyed to have owned the skins from the Summer BBQ Event. Unfortunately, with this new message about what you guys did with the exclusive event skins of 2018 I simply cannot absorb it quietly...

    This message that you do "the community's best interests" it's so bad for old players that seems you neglect and ignore us. Why should this be "the community's best interests"? It doesn't make sense to give free these event cosmetics for everyone and I didn't even talk about legacy skins that are a heavier problem for those who played the game in 2016!

    It just makes me feel that, in the future, the next event's skins that will be released in this game will be available for free soon for everyone without any kind of participation and dedication of your players.

    Truly disappointed and unmotivated with future events.

    image.png


  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376569#Comment_1376569

    Yeh you thought. They'll do it to everything else.

    Specifically not Legacy though. Which, if we are being honest. Don't make sense, it would fall under the same premise.

    People will defend their move till you bring up Legacy, it's ever so special I guess.

    Yeah "legacy is different bc this" well the events were different from now. From before the sellout, the battlepass, and the hand out events. It's the same logic. We earned it a way before you changed it.


    Ridiculous.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376471#Comment_1376471

    Why the double standards? I don't get it. At least restore those players legacy who have the correct achievements date.

    It is entirely possible for Devs to look at player's prestige achievement dates.

    • Click on their profile, click on DBD achievements and see how many times the player prestiged before 24th November 2016.
    • IF they have not prestiged before the cut off date, do nothing.

    IF they have:

    • Check (with their new 'secure' system) whether the player has legacy cosmetics in their inventory, or not.
    • IF they do have legacy cosmetics, do nothing.
    • ELSE give the player the choice of legacy cosmetics for any ONE character depending on how many times they prestiged. THAT'S IT.

    It's such a simple compromise - it's infuriating.

  • @PNgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376742#Comment_1376742

    do you rly think it´s a diffrent between grinding for 10hrs a bloodweeb or playing for 10hrs an Event ? ...i see no diffrent. In my opinion it´s the same cause grind is grind.

    Yes. Yes it is.

    With how long the bloodweb itself took time, with how expensive stuff was

    obraz.png

    The Grind isn't entirely equal for everything.

  • I get you started in 2018 and I'm not going to be mean but... What about the Switch players? Can we get at least some love?? We never got the events because the game came out in 2019, Switch is too forgotten but it still exists! That's also a reason why I hate people, some of them can be entitled and it pisses me off, Switch community wanted it, we now have it and it's still nice fron them!^^

  • The incentive to work and show interest, he means. Not the incentive to simply show up.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376694#Comment_1376694

    The incentive to work and show interest, he means. Not the incentive to simply show up.

    I mean, that second person got their thousand bucks over a year later, if we're going to make this an equivalent comparison. By that point, I see no reason to care.

  • @Kira15233 said:

    I get you started in 2018 and I'm not going to be mean but... What about the Switch players? Can we get at least some love?? We never got the events because the game came out in 2019, Switch is too forgotten but it still exists! That's also a reason why I hate people, some of them can be entitled and it pisses me off, Switch community wanted it, we now have it and it's still nice fron them!^^

    Sounding like you deserve just for owning the game also sounds pretty entitled though.

    The whole point of event exclusives is you had to be there. Otherwise there is literally no point to hosting the event, especially if they are just going to give it out. And if that's the case with future events, why even bother playing the event to get the cosmetics, if I will just receive them for not even playing the game later?

  • As someone who has legacy, I don't see the big deal. Back then, they were cool, because the cosmetic choices were extremely limited. The cosmetics you have today, though, are far, far better than just some glitter slapped on. I personally wouldn't mind if anyone else got legacy today, because they're really just not that impressive to me.

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376809#Comment_1376809

    Sounding like you deserve just for owning the game also sounds pretty entitled though.

    The whole point of event exclusives is you had to be there. Otherwise there is literally no point to hosting the event, especially if they are just going to give it out. And if that's the case with future events, why even bother playing the event to get the cosmetics, if I will just receive them for not even playing the game later?

    I don't have a pc nor did have a XboxOne or ps4 back when it happened, I'm sorry for sounding entitled but my point still remains, we get ######### on by other PC/Xbox/PS4 cause we on Switch and all, we don't even have a 30fps game, we have like 20fps ob some maps and against some killers, no one cares for Switch and makes me sad because we still exist in the whole DBD community

  • I dont get why they would "unlock" old event cosmetics to people who weren't there for those events. No one who was there should get those cosmetics. They should release brand new event cosmetics for every event. And people newer to the game, for whatever reason, can get their exclusive skins...that people two years from now won't have either. If you're just going to eventually give away all of the exclusive event skins to everyone...######### is the point of even participating in the event beyond normal game play? This is a stupid decision.

  • I think its weird people care so much

  • @Kira15233 said:

    I get you started in 2018 and I'm not going to be mean but... What about the Switch players? Can we get at least some love?? We never got the events because the game came out in 2019, Switch is too forgotten but it still exists! That's also a reason why I hate people, some of them can be entitled and it pisses me off, Switch community wanted it, we now have it and it's still nice fron them!^^

    Your argument about those skins is inconsistent, since there is available exclusive Trapper skin for switch players, or you don't know about that? Steam players don't have that and we understand that is truly a skin designed for those who bought the game for switch platform.

    If BHVR wanted to release these 2018 skins, they should have made that for switch players and not for everybody that plays the game whatever the platform is.

  • We don't matter to them its clear. It's also clear meaning does not matter to them don't worry legacy will be next they will find a way to back peddle.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376811#Comment_1376811

    I mean, that second person got their thousand bucks over a year later, if we're going to make this an equivalent comparison. By that point, I see no reason to care.

    If were going that route we may as well mention that any person can now show up and have 1000 dollars. All of them. Not just one person a year later.

    It's not someone WAITING a year to get it for free. It's something they werent eligible for that is now, a year later, being handed out.

    Meaning the original one who worked, did it for nothing. And yet is supposed to care about false promises and future projects?

    It just makes it even more of a slap in the face.

  • Because like a ######### partner, when we call them on their bullshit and be honest, they look for new, easy meat instead of fixing their problems.

  • @orpheusbr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376809#Comment_1376809

    Your argument about those skins is inconsistent, since there is available exclusive Trapper skin for switch players, or you don't know about that? Steam players don't have that and we understand that is truly a skin designed for those who bought the game for switch platform.

    If BHVR wanted to release these 2018 skins, they should have made that for switch players and not for everybody that plays the game whatever the platform is.

    I do know about Trapper skin, and that's the only one we have compared to Mobile who still has more exclusive than us, which is kinda weird but ehh, can't judge BHVR right?

  • Looks like I found the topic of my next video....

    Maybe they should start unlocking all the cosmetics from past battle passes for those who weren't able to complete them.

    "In the communities best interest" logic applies equally in this scenario.

    If you're going to unlock all the "unavailable" cosmetics from the past for this reason, do the same for the unavailable Rift cosmetics as well.

    It's disingenuous not to do so.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376814#Comment_1376814

    If were going that route we may as well mention that any person can now show up and have 1000 dollars. All of them. Not just one person a year later.

    It's not someone WAITING a year to get it for free. It's something they werent eligible for that is now, a year later, being handed out.

    Meaning the original one who worked, did it for nothing. And yet is supposed to care about false promises and future projects?

    It just makes it even more of a slap in the face.

    I'm okay with that. I still got that thousand bucks a while back that I blew on fast food and video games anyways.

  • Last few events you were able to purchase the cosmetics even after the event was over. Only exclusives left are the battle pass rewards and I'm sure those will be up for sale eventually.

    Legacy skins feel like Excalibur Prime. I can't get them, and the people that did want to wave it in your face.

  • I started in 2018 and didn't get these skins. I was 100% okay with not having them. It was cool seeing people with them BECAUSE THEY WERE RARE AND PEOPLE HAD TO WORK FOR THEM. My roommate worked his butt off to get David's jacket. It was cool. Now literally anyone can make a new account and instantly have it. And that's garbage.

    If they wanted to bring these cool events back for more people to earn the items that would be really cool.

    But this is basically spitting in everyone's face who put in the time to earn the items.

  • I'm actually happy this happened and I won all of the cosmetics; the reason I'm happy is because I got the Hound jacket, the tank top and hillbilly hammer back but I never received the Hound mask back and it was really disappointing. I'm happy that although people who were not dedicated to the game got the exclusives for free, the people who lost them and never got them back or were at least trying to get the cosmetics during those event but never got them have finally received them.

  • I already had the items but I do not care if other people get them. Have fun all.

  • @Elena said:

    I'm actually happy this happened and I won all of the cosmetics; the reason I'm happy is because I got the Hound jacket, the tank top and hillbilly hammer back but I never received the Hound mask back and it was really disappointing. I'm happy that although people who were not dedicated to the game got the exclusives for free, the people who lost them and never got them back or were at least trying to get the cosmetics during those event but never got them have finally received them.

    That happened the same with a friend of mine but he kept in touch many times with BHVR and they solved it.

    It's great that you can use your skins now but what I see from BHVR is a lazy way to ''solve'' your - and of many others - problem by simply giving the cosmetics for everyone because they can't control or even figure out how to give the event cosmetics properly.

    Pretty bad solution...

  • @DwightOP said:

    Just read the ingame news that people can obtain the exclusive skins again like hound mask, song bird shirt etc.

    Thanks bhvr. Im so disappointed.

    Edit: just noticed that they don't even have to obtain it by doing anything. They just get it for free. Even more disappointed

    Disappointed for a skin? Man, don't you have nothing better to do?

  • @Khar said:

    As someone who has legacy, I don't see the big deal. Back then, they were cool, because the cosmetic choices were extremely limited. The cosmetics you have today, though, are far, far better than just some glitter slapped on. I personally wouldn't mind if anyone else got legacy today, because they're really just not that impressive to me.

    sure thats true

  • Imagine being this pressed over some cosmetics.

  • Why not. Legacy are basically just a ''friendly'' version of prestige cosmetics. It would make most of the people happy though. Besides these skins already has almost 4 years.

  • My guy, it really isn't that serious. I had all the event cosmetics and I really couldn't care less whether or not other people got them.

  • I want legacy

1 2 3 4 … 7