Did they change their mind on giving out event exclusives?

Was wondering since I got the hound mask and davids jacket when I didn't have them before. Is this just a bug?

Comments

  • They will give them time they realize how hard they back peddled give it until next anniversary they'll release it for everyone watch and see.

  • @Peanits said:

    It's not a matter of prioritizing newer players over older players, it's actually quite the opposite. Back then, the way event cosmetics were stored were much less secure than recent events, and it made them susceptible to loss of progress (the reason why we needed to return them to people in the first place). We originally decided to return them only to the people who had earned them in specifically to not alienate long time players who had worked for them. Despite our best efforts, there were people missing who should have received them and didn't: The data we had at the time was not robust enough to catch everyone.

    So in short, some of the people who did work for and earn them didn't receive their cosmetics back, and there was nothing we can do for them. Those long time players were out of luck. The idea of not alienating long time players ended up alienating those long time players.

    It's unfortunate, yes, but leaving those people behind is not an option. This is the fairest way we can handle the situation. This shouldn't be a problem for future events as the way we store rewards now is much more secure.

    Why not applying same logic to legacy then?

  • @orpheusbr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376919#Comment_1376919

    That happened the same with a friend of mine but he kept in touch many times with BHVR and they solved it.

    It's great that you can use your skins now but what I see from BHVR is a lazy way to ''solve'' your - and of many others - problem by simply giving the cosmetics for everyone because they can't control or even figure out how to give the event cosmetics properly.

    Pretty bad solution...

    I had my hounds mask go missing after some update I think it was in March. I provided them my information as well as a screenshot before and when I had it go missing and they got it back for me. Did your friend have a screenshot before their mask vanished?

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    Imagine being this pressed over some cosmetics.

    Dont worry, in 48hrs (at max) they will find something new to complain about.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    Imagine being this pressed over some cosmetics.

    if devs gave legacy away the whole forums would go crazy I can tell you that

  • Show me where the devs said these cosmetics would remain exclusive.

    The devs promised legacy would remain exclusive and so far have kept to that promise. If they have it away they'd lose so much trust for breaking this one promise.

    I'd love legacy as much as the next guy but I understand it means a lot to So many people and giving it away for free is bullshit. They grinded hard for these cosmetics, the bloodweb was so different and level 10 looked like level 50, level 15 gave you your 2nd perk slot ffs.

    Legacy should remain exclusive.

  • @P1P3DS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1377017#Comment_1377017

    We grinded too and played in 2018 (when this game was unbalanced asf) and we got that cosmetic with effort, and they just give them for free to everyone?

    And the wiki says "To gain a exclusive cosmetic"

    Okay let me rephrase myself, where did they say it would never return and would be forever exclusive? Because that was the legacy promise.

    I also grinded then and due to an account hacking and me being stupid I lost my account progress and lost the cosmetics. Do I care they're being released? No, it's nice because I get the back and other people can enjoy them now too.

  • Legacy skins were a reward for extreme and pointless grinding, not playing the game in a slightly different way for a week or two a few years ago

  • legacy are unique imagine if now everyone has legacy whats the purpose of using it if everyone have it? is like the old code cosmetics,(claudette, meg, david) now no one use them because everyone have them, they were so unique and proved u actually had a lot of hours in the game or that u spend lots of money on ebay to get those codes, with legacy is something similar, it should saty as it is, you dont deserve them because people had to grind a lot back in the day to get them, also even if they look good they are kinda outdated tbh, wich is more is a guaranted ebony mori 90% of cases because the killer will think they are going against 4/5k hours people. so basically you an the people asking for it seems like the children who wants to get everything because 0 reason and then not even using them and even if sdome of them use them is not the point, devs said several times U ARE NOT GETTING THEM EVER AGAIN, deal with it. i dont have it and i accept and understand why

  • Dude, it is only cosmetics, if it was giving us a free DLC ok, even i was going to report this here

  • @P1P3DS said:

    All your arguments about giving the event items are not valid.

    "But people didn't have a chance"

    Only switch and mobile players didn't have a chance, what about giving a re-color to them? It isn't FAIR to give those people the cosmetic without any effort required, having those cosmetics means that player is a veteran.

    Everyone had a chance to get that cosmetic (as I said only switch and mobile players didn't) so it isn't our problem you didn't buy the gane when the event was on-going.

    So basically, give legacy too? I didn't have a chance to get it, so using your logic BHVR I should legacy too without any effort.

    1. Some people had loss of progress, you used this argument to give the event cosmetics, people that have legacy had loss of progress too, so give us legacy?
    2. I didn't have a chance to get it, so using your logic you want everyone to have the same "chances" give us legacy.....

    If you didn't get a chance then you can't get them it's as simple as that. Your fault for not getting them

  • If Dev team now really need's to give out the event stuff atleast give us somthing. It's just sad seaing this happen and i can undestand some people are exited becuse the get to play whit it and some not that much.

    I understand that the need to update there storage system and fully respect it, but why not give the people that got the iteams some sort of reward for getting it during the event. The introduciton whit charms is enough. We just wan't somthing to prove that we were there form the begining.


    And the "there is no way for us to verify who earned these items legitimately" is just a weak exucuse to give them out.


    Overall: Wack

  • To put it simply people who earned the cosmetics should not be at fault for the way the storage system worked and with the logic you are using legacy should then be updated for players who have played x amount of years (or however long) in game to get legacy instead. Also since we are on the this track to make everything for everyone how about you make it easier to be able to get skins since those without extra funds cannot afford such things? To add the icing on the cake, why don't you make up the hours of bugs and randomness while you were on a break since that was your fault we should be given skins for that too?

  • they will say what they aways say witch is " you had this cosmetic earlyer"

  • it would be enough if they would at least give the skins back to those who have LITERAL EVIDENCE of them posessing the skins in the past!


    but nah,

    that'd be too easy.

  • @Mistikus said:

    they will say what they aways say witch is " you had this cosmetic earlyer"

    sad and true

  • How would they know it who had it and who didn't? They aren't even able to tell who cheated their save files (prior certain date)...

  • @seki23 said:

    legacy are unique imagine if now everyone has legacy whats the purpose of using it if everyone have it? is like the old code cosmetics,(claudette, meg, david) now no one use them because everyone have them, they were so unique and proved u actually had a lot of hours in the game or that u spend lots of money on ebay to get those codes, with legacy is something similar, it should saty as it is, you dont deserve them because people had to grind a lot back in the day to get them, also even if they look good they are kinda outdated tbh, wich is more is a guaranted ebony mori 90% of cases becasue the killer will thnk they are going against 4/5k hours people.

    Who cares?

    Hours spent in a video game are not a badge of honor, or proof of any kind of cred at anything. Nobody is looking at your legacy cosmetic with any sort of awe. No one cares to the degree that you, the cosmetic-wearer, does.

    Getting upset about a cosmetic in a video game is a waste of time and energy.

  • @P1P3DS said:

    All your arguments about giving the event items are not valid.

    "But people didn't have a chance"

    Only switch and mobile players didn't have a chance, what about giving a re-color to them? It isn't FAIR to give those people the cosmetic without any effort required, having those cosmetics means that player is a veteran.

    Everyone had a chance to get that cosmetic (as I said only switch and mobile players didn't) so it isn't our problem you didn't buy the gane when the event was on-going.

    So basically, give legacy too? I didn't have a chance to get it, so using your logic BHVR I should legacy too without any effort.

    1. Some people had loss of progress, you used this argument to give the event cosmetics, people that have legacy had loss of progress too, so give us legacy?
    2. I didn't have a chance to get it, so using your logic you want everyone to have the same "chances" give us legacy.....

    So you cant see any difference in legacy and some minor event cosmetics? Poor boi.

  • @ayaya said:

    How would they know it who had it and who didn't? They aren't even able to tell who cheated their save files (prior certain date)...

    Cheating in Dead by daylight is just as big of a problem today, is not that hard to hack in iteams just higher chance of getting banned so why does that matter. That we can't do anything about

  • @finitethrills said:

    Honestly, the Legacy stuff is asinine. So you can't check to see if certain players actually got to it in time, SO WHAT. For God's sake, just let people claim what they lost based on the honor system and check to make sure they were playing the game during the legacy time frame. Sure, and handful of people who were around back then might wind up with some legacy they didn't earn. I'd say the good vibes created from folks who lost all their legacy will greatly outweigh a few unscrupulous cheats. Hell, if you have to, say, "hey, since we can't verify which legacies you earned, but we can verify you played at the time, we'll let you pick one killer and one survivor legacy to have". It may not be perfect, but it's a damn sight better than "oh, we failed to track the stats for people earning legacy, AND we left a progress destroying bug in the game for a year or more while it razed your save profiles, so we're just gonna say ######### it and not let you have anything instead... even though it was our multiple fuckups that caused it".

    Imo bhvr could also give everyone who has the right achievement date accordingly legacy to every character since they can't verify who was prestiged. This would also be a great apology for leaving everyone wait for 3+ years and honorful THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH US FOR 4 YEARS.

  • So you understood nothing at all. Sad thing.

  • @P1P3DS said:

    All your arguments about giving the event items are not valid.

    "But people didn't have a chance"

    Only switch and mobile players didn't have a chance, what about giving a re-color to them? It isn't FAIR to give those people the cosmetic without any effort required, having those cosmetics means that player is a veteran.

    Everyone had a chance to get that cosmetic (as I said only switch and mobile players didn't) so it isn't our problem you didn't buy the gane when the event was on-going.

    So basically, give legacy too? I didn't have a chance to get it, so using your logic BHVR I should legacy too without any effort.

    1. Some people had loss of progress, you used this argument to give the event cosmetics, people that have legacy had loss of progress too, so give us legacy?
    2. I didn't have a chance to get it, so using your logic you want everyone to have the same "chances" give us legacy.....

    Well if legacy is given out to everyone it essentially loses its value. Personally it doesn't even look that good, just glow effects on the default skins. Other event cosmetics being released as time goes on seems fine but legacy is definitely for the people who stuck to this game even when it was complete #########.

  • They're ugly cosmetics anyways. You guys are such babies.

  • If they gave the whole community Legacy, odds are, I wouldn't wear 'em anyways. I haven't even prestiged a single character because idc to. I'd rather mix and match outfits from the store.

  • @PNgamer said:

    Hello,

    I play since 2016 too and i worked hard for all my exclusive Eventitems too and now you give them for free ?? what the hell is this? About Legacy items: Yes we all know it was befofe the bloodweeb was reworked and it´s for ppl they deserve it. True... but it is the same with the Eventitems too

    So Why BHVR can´t restore Legacy Items ? Answer 1: They don´t have the programmcodes anymore or answer 2: they won´t give it to ppl who don´t deserve it.... Why you make a big secret about Legacy? Legacy is not special like much ppl think. Legacy or Eventitems: In my opinion it´s the same, because "grind is grind" and if you investige 10 hours for grinding a bloodweeb or 10 hours for grinding an Event.... i told you again... It is the same !

    Sry for my bad english grammatic but siriously.

    Give Lagacy for all players free and this never ending story will finally end. It has more positive effects than negatives because 2020 the playerbase is much bigger than before. Ppl who lost their progress get finnaly their Items back and all new players can enjoy all this sweat LegacyItems too. In my Opinion its good for the Gamehealth ( no more Legacy hackers and stuff like that). As you can see....you did it with the Eventitems too.

    Greetings

    I have a better idea, why not make all characters able to prestige 6 times. So for prestige 4,5,and 6 make it so every killer gets a legacy like skin.

  • I've got 5 pieces of Legacy myself and after seeing this tweet I feel like maybe it's time they just give it away to everyone as almost everything has lost the exclusivity: https://twitter.com/PaulieEsther1/status/1275163639482331139

    It's been years and as much as I love my Legacy, I wouldn't really mind if other people had it. Plus the people that lost their Legacy would finally be able to get it back because they truly got shafted.

    For the people that really wanna hold onto their exclusivity they could just treat it like the streamer cosmetics and place the originals into the Artifact rarity or something like that.

  • We had these cosmetics for a full 2 years before they made this decision and these cosmetics weren't and still aren't even that especially good or special, unlike say, the reoccurring hallowed blight event cosmetics.

    I myself didn't even participate in the Scorching Summer BBQ and to date in my opinion it was one of the worst events they ever, it was one of the first events to cement the idea that all you need for an event are reskins of generators to fix, different hooks, some subpar rewards and blamo, you've got yourself an "event". No thanks, that's half-assed, slightly different than normal gameplay is all that is.

    The only things that probably made the howling grounds event better, was because we were actually celebrating a legit holiday at the time so the atmosphere felt reasonably different, and the cosmetic rewards weren't as bad. Realistically these two events are about on the same level though, so to me, I could care less. The Howling Grounds and Scorching Summer BBQ events were both minor ones, and not very good ones at that in the grand scheme of things.

  • I mean they don't look anything special, even if the devs would add this, I wouldn't wear it. Way ez to be spotted by these.

  • @Mikey4Hire said:

    Was wondering since I got the hound mask and davids jacket when I didn't have them before. Is this just a bug?

    Although i very much appreciate getting these cosmetic items, actually fixing the game and communicating to customers more efficiently and consistently would be much better.

  • We've had them for this long, that's good enough for me.

  • Exclusivity period has ended.

    Gimme.

  • You had to hook people on special hooks or do special gens, that's so hard. Suck it up buttercup. (I was there for the BBQ Event, P.S. it wasn't that hard)


    If events were harder I'd wager that maybe you had a point, but no. You're just sad because it's not special anymore.

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    You had to hook people on special hooks or do special gens, that's so hard. Suck it up buttercup. (I was there for the BBQ Event, P.S. it wasn't that hard)

    No, you had to be here to support the game when all you could find were the same group of survivors or killers because the console population was so low.

  • Something that will at least help a bit in the future is making event exclusive charms to go along with the event and make only the charms unobtainable in the future but give away the actual cosmetics later

  • I don’t like it only because I earned them 2 years ago in the actual event, but they’re just cosmetics it really doesn’t matter.

  • You too. No surprise. Always the same people being unable to understand simple matters.

  • It's just like the Hex: Ruin change? You mean it's good for the game, then? I agree!

  • "I understand that the need to update there storage system and fully respect it"

    "And the 'there is no way for us to verify who earned these items legitimately' is just a weak exucuse to give them out."

    Taking all positions at once, I see!

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1377197#Comment_1377197

    No, you had to be here to support the game when all you could find were the same group of survivors or killers because the console population was so low.

    And that matters how? Doesn't matter how low the population was, you still had the same objective(s). Hook people on special hooks or do special gens, regardless of platform. Population density doesn't matter, the end goal was the same.


    If you mean it was harder cuz there was less people on console, either way they were still grindable with the same end goals. It was still possible to do. And anyway that means this is a GOOD thing because if people couldn't grind it out on console cuz population was so low, now they get to have it.

  • @Rydog said:

    It's just like the Hex: Ruin change? You mean it's good for the game, then? I agree!

    I mean it went against what a lot of players wanted. I’m not saying whether or not it was bad or good for the game.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    In my opinion, it's their excuse not to give us a Summer Event.

    It's how I see it.

    Here's free stuff, no event. Everyone happy?

    as far as i know they are giving us an event this assumption is based off a tweet from leaks by daylight on twitter who said that there will be an in game event with crowns that when you escape or kill everyone with a crown you get it as a cosmetic. others on the forums have also seen people using the crowns but apologies if im wrong we will found out tomorrow.

  • No, and thankfully they never will.

    Giving away Legacy would compensate a small number of people, disservice a much larger number, and for an even larger number it would give away something a majority of players were never supposed to have.

  • So, BHVR decided to give everyone the event items away, because "it's in the community's best interests"

    Literally nobody asked for this. What was the point in grinding the events back then? Why should I grind the future events to get the exclusive cosmetics when they'll just give them for free in a year or two?

  • @MojoTheFabulous said:

    I've got 5 pieces of Legacy myself and after seeing this tweet I feel like maybe it's time they just give it away to everyone as almost everything has lost the exclusivity: https://twitter.com/PaulieEsther1/status/1275163639482331139

    It's been years and as much as I love my Legacy, I wouldn't really mind if other people had it. Plus the people that lost their Legacy would finally be able to get it back because they truly got shafted.

    For the people that really wanna hold onto their exclusivity they could just treat it like the streamer cosmetics and place the originals into the Artifact rarity or something like that.

    They should add legacy-like items for people who play now as well. Something you have to grind for that WONT be released for free. But NOT legacy, a different thing that's like legacy.

  • I'd love my lost legacy back but i also don't want it to just be given away and i think the devs should set a system in place to earn legacy.

  • I wasn't here for the event for the items we got today so I'm happy but with legacy i don't want them anyways,legacy to me is like saying i'm over here killer kill me!!!It's like wearing a beacon.

  • No. It deserves to stay exclusive as do all of these cosmetics. I don’t have any but they should stay exclusive.

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1377204#Comment_1377204

    And that matters how? Doesn't matter how low the population was, you still had the same objective(s). Hook people on special hooks or do special gens, regardless of platform. Population density doesn't matter, the end goal was the same.

    If you mean it was harder cuz there was less people on console, either way they were still grindable with the same end goals. It was still possible to do. And anyway that means this is a GOOD thing because if people couldn't grind it out on console cuz population was so low, now they get to have it.

    the point was you had to be there to earn the cosmetics as the devs stated they were obtainable ONLY during the event.

  • like i said in another thread like wearing a beacon

1 2 3 4 5 … 7