Look at This

Candy.PNG

From the Candyman 2020 Trailer.

Candy2.PNG

From the Forums.

Comments

  • @Gomolazoli said:

    I beleve they said that it’s going to be a really iconic killer that everyone knows, and are close to their hearts and wanted it to be in the game for a long time. Candyman is like...who is he exactly? I’m a horror fan and never heard of it. A random noname killer with some way too obvious leaks that has nothing to do with what they said is unlikelly to be in the game. I’d say it’s Penniwise or maybe, just maybe Jason.

    What horror do you know? I mean, horror buffs know of Candyman. The movies aren't the greatest but they still hold a spot in the 90s as noticable horror films. Plus Clive barker. So, while not necessarily "iconic" still noteworthy.

  • @WhatTheHeckMeg said:

    I really hope it's not Candyman...not after these "emotional milestone", "big horror francise" and "iconic killer" comments from BHVR. They can't hype chapter 16 so hard, just to present a "side francise" with a "B-Killer" (or bee killer if you will). That would be very disappointing, to say the least. Hopefully they reveal something big...something anniversary worthy.

    We can only see, I guess.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1289705#Comment_1289705

    That's so unfair though, Jason, Freddy etc are ICONIC.

    Candyman was from the 90's where the Horror Genre was dying out so not many people know know about him but he still had a following.

    Comparing him to Jason, Freddy etc is just unfair. It's like comparing the Babadook to Freddy.

    @BigBrainMegMain

    I mean no disrespect, but how exactly was the horror genre dying out?

    We had two of the greatest horror films come out early 90s. IT (1990) and Silence of the lambs (1991). Not to mention Scream being a staple of the 90s horror later down the road.

    Like I said, I don't deny that Candyman has his fans. I just personally don't find him or his powers iconic. It's ok to have different opinions.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I don’t deny that there are Candyman fans, but I personally wouldn’t go as far as calling him “iconic”.

    To me Iconic is someone like Jason, Freddy, Michael, Chucky, Leatherface, Ghostface.

    ´Couldn´t have said it any better

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1289713#Comment_1289713

    @BigBrainMegMain

    I mean no disrespect, but how exactly was the horror genre dying out?

    We had two of the greatest horror films come out early 90s. IT (1990) and Silence of the lambs (1991). Not to mention Scream being a staple of the 90s horror later down the road.

    Like I said, I don't deny that Candyman has his fans. I just personally don't find him or his powers iconic. It's ok to have different opinions.


    Silence of the Lambs was a Psychological Thriller. It wasn't Horror to the Core.

    You named me 2 movies. While the 80's had Michael, Jason, Freddy, Chucky.

    The 70's had Dario Argento movies like Deep Red, Susperia etc.

    70's had Alien, Halloween, Jaws and The Exorcist.

    90's basically just had It, Candyman and Misery.


    I just don't understand why people wouldn't want Candyman.

    I can't say for sure it's Candyman, I have no idea. But I have my theories as to why it's him.

    I'm keeping an open mind though.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1290419#Comment_1290419

    Silence of the Lambs was a Psychological Thriller. It wasn't Horror to the Core.

    You named me 2 movies. While the 80's had Michael, Jason, Freddy, Chucky.

    The 70's had Dario Argento movies like Deep Red, Susperia etc.

    70's had Alien, Halloween, Jaws and The Exorcist.

    90's basically just had It, Candyman and Misery.

    I just don't understand why people wouldn't want Candyman.

    I can't say for sure it's Candyman, I have no idea. But I have my theories as to why it's him.

    I'm keeping an open mind though.

    Don't forget about Scream!

  • @Bovinity said:

    Ah, yes, I see it!!!

    The picture very prominently features a beam of sunlight. From the sun. Interesting.

    The setting appears to have pews. A feature common to a church, or other place of worship.

    In a place of worship, one tends to engage in praise.

    Connect the dots, and you're praising...in the presence of the sun...or perhaps praising the sun itself....

    Gentlemen, we have confirmed the new killer.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/T2QVGDDRMYFU/image.png

    Booo solaire sucks

  • what does candy man even do? turn into a giant bee?

  • @metalklok said:

    what does candy man even do? turn into a giant bee?

    He kills people who call onto him.

    But his main goal was to kill the great grandchildren of the townspeople who slathered him in honey and had bees sting him to death all because he fell in Love with a White woman and were about to wed.

    The bees just add to the horror in the movie, they don't do anything. It's like...his signature, but he has a hook for a hand (before hook hands were a thing).

    It was the reason I was terrified of Restrooms in the local Park.

    It's a FFFFFFFFFKED up movie, believe me. I re-watched it last month with my guy and I kept saying "This is fk'ed."

  • What would Candyman's power even be? Wasn't he like Bloody Mary? Like you had to call him? How would that even work?

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1290741#Comment_1290741

    He kills people who call onto him.

    But his main goal was to kill the great grandchildren of the townspeople who slathered him in honey and had bees sting him to death all because he fell in Love with a White woman and were about to wed.

    The bees just add to the horror in the movie, they don't do anything. It's like...his signature, but he has a hook for a hand (before hook hands were a thing).

    It was the reason I was terrified of Restrooms in the local Park.

    It's a FFFFFFFFFKED up movie, believe me. I re-watched it last month with my guy and I kept saying "This is fk'ed."

    sounds like the townspeople should......buzz off

    spidey.jpg


  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    What would Candyman's power even be? Wasn't he like Bloody Mary? Like you had to call him? How would that even work?

    If it's Candyman we'll just have to see.

    They made Demogorgon a thing and gave him a unique ability.

    Maybe mirrors throughout the map and he can port through them or something.

  • I was wondering if someone else caught on to that besides me. There's also a resemblance in the first movie too.

    dbd4new.png


  • @LiquidSwordsman said:

    I was wondering if someone else caught on to that besides me. There's also a resemblance in the first movie too.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9GQZFVT9MEOQ/dbd4new.png

    It has to be Candyman, he has some FUDGED up brutal kill scenes in the movie.

    And thanks for that! Yeah, it's his lair, the "ghetto" place where he resides.

  • @Bovinity said:

    Ah, yes, I see it!!!

    The picture very prominently features a beam of sunlight. From the sun. Interesting.

    The setting appears to have pews. A feature common to a church, or other place of worship.

    In a place of worship, one tends to engage in praise.

    Connect the dots, and you're praising...in the presence of the sun...or perhaps praising the sun itself....

    Gentlemen, we have confirmed the new killer.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/T2QVGDDRMYFU/image.png

    Oh, god help us all

  • I was kind of thinking the same thing lol

    Oh well 🥥

  • Candyman definitely is Iconic. He wouldn't even be the smallest licensed dlc in the game. Evil Dead is smaller than Candyman. I dont get why he would be "dissatisfying" or "disappointing" he has marked the world of horror, his trademark being the bees. When you think of Horror and bees, you think of Candyman. Sure there would be more iconic Dlc, (Pennywise, Jason) but it never said it was the most iconic killer. My money is on Candyman, but I see Jason as an eligibility, I don't think they would add another clown. (I'm not saying i don't want him)

  • @Zolvez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/154093/look-at-this

    Candyman definitely is Iconic. He wouldn't even be the smallest licensed dlc in the game. Evil Dead is smaller than Candyman. I dont get why he would be "dissatisfying" or "disappointing" he has marked the world of horror, his trademark being the bees. When you think of Horror and bees, you think of Candyman. Sure there would be more iconic Dlc, (Pennywise, Jason) but it never said it was the most iconic killer. My money is on Candyman, but I see Jason as an eligibility, I don't think they would add another clown. (I'm not saying i don't want him)

    Same, I'm not saying it's Candyman 100% but if there was a betting pool, my money would lie with Candyman.

    The 1992 movie was so [BAD WORD] Good!

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1290868#Comment_1290868

    If it's Candyman we'll just have to see.

    They made Demogorgon a thing and gave him a unique ability.

    Maybe mirrors throughout the map and he can port through them or something.

    How is Demo lunging forward and traveling through the Upside Down unique?

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1290897#Comment_1290897

    How is Demo lunging forward and traveling through the Upside Down unique?

    He makes portals that he travels through.

    Who does that?

    Hag? Not really, she can't cross map travel to her traps.

  • Didn't think I was going to see again dude. Plus I think candyman is going to be a great killer. \/\/\/\/(T_____T)/\/\/\/\/

  • @bluedog1116 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1289637#Comment_1289637

    Didn't think I was going to see again dude. Plus I think candyman is going to be a great killer. \/\/\/\/(T_____T)/\/\/\/\/

    I think so too. I'm definitely purchasing him, so will my dude and he's been AFK from killer for weeks.

  • Adding a random B list character like Candyman into the game would be a great disappointment. I'm convinced it's going to be Pennywise or Jason, but Slinderman is my wishlist and I honestly think he might have a shot.

  • @Gomolazoli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1289713#Comment_1289713

    Yes, but that’s the point here. Devs want the killer to be easily recognised and they said they go for the big boy licenses only. By that logic the next killer is a Freddy, Jason etc. tier character but Candyman isn’t so he can’t be it.

    By that logic though, we shouldnt have Amanda. While Saw might be a big franchise thats widely known about, plenty of people wouldnt know exactly who Amanda is.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1289727#Comment_1289727

    By that logic though, we shouldnt have Amanda. While Saw might be a big franchise thats widely known about, plenty of people wouldnt know exactly who Amanda is.

    It’s not the same though. It’s the Saw chapter after all. The I didn’t know who Amanda is either but I knew about the “agent with a pig head”.

  • I don't believe it's anything, since in the original movie there was the same type of mural

    unnamed.jpg


  • @Tired_Bubba said:

    I don't believe it's anything, since in the original movie there was the same type of mural

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9441NU55C2YD/unnamed.jpg

    That's kinda the point, the skull seems to be a reference to those murals.

    Sweets to the sweet.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1291185#Comment_1291185

    That's kinda the point, the skull seems to be a reference to those murals.

    Sweets to the sweet.

    Oh I see now

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    Can you doodle it for me please? I'm probably half blind.

    Look over at the door, or more specifically just above it.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1290114#Comment_1290114

    Look over at the door, or more specifically just above it.

    Oh ok I see it.

    We'll see at the 26th I guess!

  • I think Pennywise is just a no bc we already have the clown which was released around IT hype Jason I still don't think is likely and I feel Jason would be a more boring killer than candyman to top things off chucky would be unrealistic unless they get creative.

  • @Pulvoriser said:

    Adding a random B list character like Candyman into the game would be a great disappointment. I'm convinced it's going to be Pennywise or Jason, but Slinderman is my wishlist and I honestly think he might have a shot.

    I also believe it’s narrowed down to Jason or Pennywise, if I had to bet I’d say Pennywise. Wasn’t there the thing where the devs followed Stephen King on Twitter some point last year? (Not sure if it went the other way too). Nothing ever came of that I don’t think, sure it could’ve been nothing but it’s certainly possible it would’ve taken this amount of time to get something done for IT.

  • image.png

    This killer has become pretty iconic

  • The skull isnt a clue,it is the 4th skull in the DBD logo,coz its the 4th anniversary.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1289681#Comment_1289681

    I'm a horror fanatic. Horror is my #1 Favorite Genre.

    Candyman is an iconic killer. Every horror buff knows who he is and his story.

    No, not everyone. And some that do dont think hes a great horror influence. Hes mid tier at best. He didnt shape a genre. If we get him before alien, jason, pennnywise, hellraiser, or chucky even, it will just show how little they actually know about what horror defined what. Candyman is easily forgettable along with MANY others.

  • I mean

    candyman-mural.png

    The fact Tony Todd followed DBD on Twitter gave it away long time ago lol

  • @DNM said:

    I think Pennywise is just a no bc we already have the clown which was released around IT hype Jason I still don't think is likely and I feel Jason would be a more boring killer than candyman to top things off chucky would be unrealistic unless they get creative.

    They'll have to make the hooks 3 feet tall.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1289691#Comment_1289691

    No, not everyone. And some that do dont think hes a great horror influence. Hes mid tier at best. He didnt shape a genre. If we get him before alien, jason, pennnywise, hellraiser, or chucky even, it will just show how little they actually know about what horror defined what. Candyman is easily forgettable along with MANY others.

    I'd LOVE Pinhead.

    Love, Love, Love. I believe the only "gold" reference would be the Lament Configuration.

    Either way, the Cenobites are definitely, 10000% Horror Icons.

  • I think its between 3-jason/pennywise/xenomorph.i think if its candyman,alot of ppl will be let down by that choice.and what about the mysterious survivor,they never implied they were movie/licensed based.any ideas?

  • Xenomorph would be something different/pennywise,as much as i like him,would make no one use the clown anymore/jason would be a beast,would love a pinhead like meg said,maybe shoot out hooks(bit like deathslinger)any of these guys chasing u would make u ######### bricks anyway 😜

  • Dude, I get what you're seeing but that Picture around the door isnt a Scully. It's in the Original Candyman film. It's a black guy with an open mouth. Not a skull.

  • @LiquidSwordsman said:

    I was wondering if someone else caught on to that besides me. There's also a resemblance in the first movie too.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9GQZFVT9MEOQ/dbd4new.png

    I have to say, when I saw that skull, I immediately thought about the graffiti in Candyman. And it's obvious that a BUNCH of other people thought the same thing. This is either a red herring or a way-to-obvious clue to the next killer, that cannot have been coincidence.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1290943#Comment_1290943

    I have to say, when I saw that skull, I immediately thought about the graffiti in Candyman. And it's obvious that a BUNCH of other people thought the same thing. This is either a red herring or a way-to-obvious clue to the next killer, that cannot have been coincidence.

    When's the last time the devs planted red herrings?

  • I love Candyman. And obviously would be stoked if he came to dbd. Just because younger horror fans aren't familiar with him doesn't mean he's not iconic. I think after the new one drops that's all gonna change. But since almost all of the big names r already here obviously it's time for lesser knowns to start coming. Personally aside from Candyman I'd love to c the tallman from Phantasm and Victor Crowley come to dbd. Phantasm is a criminally underrated franchise. But again just because it doesn't have nightmare on elm Street numbers doesn't mean it's no good. Cult movies r some of the best movies out there it's just unfortunate that they don't get the credit they deserve.

  • @DreamSmasher23 said:

    I love Candyman. And obviously would be stoked if he came to dbd. Just because younger horror fans aren't familiar with him doesn't mean he's not iconic. I think after the new one drops that's all gonna change. But since almost all of the big names r already here obviously it's time for lesser knowns to start coming. Personally aside from Candyman I'd love to c the tallman from Phantasm and Victor Crowley come to dbd. Phantasm is a criminally underrated franchise. But again just because it doesn't have nightmare on elm Street numbers doesn't mean it's no good. Cult movies r some of the best movies out there it's just unfortunate that they don't get the credit they deserve.

    I would love to see Tallman just because his chrome balls are so bad*ss. And hey look, he already has an EXTREMELY COOL power to use.

  • @DreamSmasher23 said:

    I love Candyman. And obviously would be stoked if he came to dbd. Just because younger horror fans aren't familiar with him doesn't mean he's not iconic. I think after the new one drops that's all gonna change. But since almost all of the big names r already here obviously it's time for lesser knowns to start coming. Personally aside from Candyman I'd love to c the tallman from Phantasm and Victor Crowley come to dbd. Phantasm is a criminally underrated franchise. But again just because it doesn't have nightmare on elm Street numbers doesn't mean it's no good. Cult movies r some of the best movies out there it's just unfortunate that they don't get the credit they deserve.

    I too would love to see the tall man,just do t know how they would work the orbs into the game,would be a bit OP,if they homed in on ppl,and ppl would kick off if they left them out the game,but would be a cool character,plain looking bloke,sometimes-less is more.

  • @teddyoneeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1291975#Comment_1291975

    I too would love to see the tall man,just do t know how they would work the orbs into the game,would be a bit OP,if they homed in on ppl,and ppl would kick off if they left them out the game,but would be a cool character,plain looking bloke,sometimes-less is more.

    I'm not sure how they would implement his perks and powers but there r a lot of possibilities from the spheres to the lil dwarfs or his ability to turn his body parts into monsters. He would b awesome and his addition would likely get more ppl into Phantasm which would be great cuz I'd love to c a 6th one.

  • @DreamSmasher23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1291988#Comment_1291988

    I'm not sure how they would implement his perks and powers but there r a lot of possibilities from the spheres to the lil dwarfs or his ability to turn his body parts into monsters. He would b awesome and his addition would likely get more ppl into Phantasm which would be great cuz I'd love to c a 6th one.

    The map could be the funeral parlour from the 2nd movie,something a bit different,i know it woz a bright area,but could maybe hide inside coffins instead of lockers.

1 2 3