Look at This

Candy.PNG

From the Candyman 2020 Trailer.

Candy2.PNG

From the Forums.

Comments

  • @teddyoneeye said:

    I think its between 3-jason/pennywise/xenomorph.i think if its candyman,alot of ppl will be let down by that choice.and what about the mysterious survivor,they never implied they were movie/licensed based.any ideas?

    @teddyoneeye said:

    Xenomorph would be something different/pennywise,as much as i like him,would make no one use the clown anymore/jason would be a beast,would love a pinhead like meg said,maybe shoot out hooks(bit like deathslinger)any of these guys chasing u would make u ######### bricks anyway ๐Ÿ˜œ

    Xenomorph in my opinion..isn't really licensed...is it? like is alien really a horror icon? another thing I feel alien is a BIT too out there and wouldn't fit DBD

  • @DNM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1291933#Comment_1291933

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1291939#Comment_1291939

    Xenomorph in my opinion..isn't really licensed...is it? like is alien really a horror icon? another thing I feel alien is a BIT too out there and wouldn't fit DBD

    Personally i think alien would be worse out the 3,coz what would powers be-acid spit maybe,lung,tail whip,brings nothing new in means of powers.id like something with this dlc a little bit unique,like the snow map was,something original.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1290943#Comment_1290943

    I have to say, when I saw that skull, I immediately thought about the graffiti in Candyman. And it's obvious that a BUNCH of other people thought the same thing. This is either a red herring or a way-to-obvious clue to the next killer, that cannot have been coincidence.

    The devs aren't really good at hiding DLC's or clues.

    Remember Ash, or Ghostface?

  • @Zolvez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/154093/look-at-this

    Candyman definitely is Iconic. He wouldn't even be the smallest licensed dlc in the game. Evil Dead is smaller than Candyman. I dont get why he would be "dissatisfying" or "disappointing" he has marked the world of horror, his trademark being the bees. When you think of Horror and bees, you think of Candyman. Sure there would be more iconic Dlc, (Pennywise, Jason) but it never said it was the most iconic killer. My money is on Candyman, but I see Jason as an eligibility, I don't think they would add another clown. (I'm not saying i don't want him)

    I wouldn't go that far, man. Evil Dead is one of, if not, the most iconic B Horror movies ever. It's practically the definition of a cult classic, so much so that it doesn't even fit the definition anymore.

    And when thinking of bees and horror, I'd sooner turn to Wicker Man. Couldn't tell ya anything about him and I've been around the genre since I was younger. Just me though.

  • @TheOneTrueTristan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1291048#Comment_1291048

    I wouldn't go that far, man. Evil Dead is one of, if not, the most iconic B Horror movies ever. It's practically the definition of a cult classic, so much so that it doesn't even fit the definition anymore.

    And when thinking of bees and horror, I'd sooner turn to Wicker Man. Couldn't tell ya anything about him and I've been around the genre since I was younger. Just me though.

    When Ash was leaked, Steam Forums had almost no idea who he was.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1292201#Comment_1292201

    When Ash was leaked, Steam Forums had almost no idea who he was.

    Funny, I wasn't arguing for Ash but pop off.

  • There is a side of players that don't know who Candyman is and are "Eh" about him coming to DBD.

    There is another side of players that know who Candyman is and would like him in here.

    I provided Ash, as an example. Since his leak, many people had no idea who he was.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1292222#Comment_1292222

    There is a side of players that don't know who Candyman is and are "Eh" about him coming to DBD.

    There is another side of players that know who Candyman is and would like him in here.

    I provided Ash, as an example. Since his leak, many people had no idea who he was.

    That's all fine and good, however, my comment wasn't about the claim that Candyman can't make it in cuz nobody knows him.

    Imo I think the tweet with "bee" and "sweet with a candy emoji" would make a subsequent Candyman reveal incredibly underwhelming. It's like waving a red curtain over a proclaimed mysterious item only for the red curtain to be the item. A lil too on the nose, imo. That, however, doesn't mean s q u a t in terms of if he is or isn't the reveal. He could be, we don't know.

    My post was moreso directed at the concept of Evil Dead being less iconic than Candyman, which I wholeheartedly disagree with, but also understand that the concept of "iconic" isn't exactly objective. As ya said, some people know Candyman, some don't. Some know Ash, some don't.

  • This will be a liscience I wont buy if it be true simply by how disappointing it would be....

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    This will be a liscience I wont buy if it be true simply by how disappointing it would be....

    Why?

  • @DNM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1291933#Comment_1291933

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1291939#Comment_1291939

    Xenomorph in my opinion..isn't really licensed...is it? like is alien really a horror icon? another thing I feel alien is a BIT too out there and wouldn't fit DBD

    Yea I agree when I think horror I don't think xenomorph. Don't think he really belongs on dbd. He's not a slasher has no backstory and he's an alien. If they gonna bring in aliens I'd prefer killer clowns from outer space or again the tall man.

  • New killer is Alien, you heard it here first

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1289681#Comment_1289681

    I'm a horror fanatic. Horror is my #1 Favorite Genre.

    Candyman is an iconic killer. Every horror buff knows who he is and his story.

    Hilarious, Horror Buff here to... Candyman is at the bottom of the list for movie buffs I know... Candyman is another trash mistake they're going to make like Deathslinger. Candyman is a decent movie but mediocre for DbD. Guess we won't be getting a good killer for a while

  • @BeardedMenace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1289691#Comment_1289691

    Hilarious, Horror Buff here to... Candyman is at the bottom of the list for movie buffs I know... Candyman is another trash mistake they're going to make like Deathslinger. Candyman is a decent movie but mediocre for DbD. Guess we won't be getting a good killer for a while

    That's what I don't understand.

    Why so much dislike for Candyman?

  • Because of how hype bhvr has made this to be "horror icon", you see they're quite a few horror icons left, IT, chucky (if the devs came on during the 4yr stream and stated "for the bday of DBD this year we've found a way to make chucky work in the game and acquired the liscience!" I think the community would be pretty stoked about it), even the exorcist franchise would be one better then candyman... it's just..... crap!! Screw it I'm going blunt!... I watch TCM for the 1st time get scared because it could happen and did happen, so it's scary out of realism, I watch nightmare on elm street for the first I didnt sleep very well at all same with Halloween, I watch candyman I cant remember the name of the main characters............ to put "candyman" in the same game or anything for that matter with Myers would be an awful choice.... would I stop playing? NO, not buy? YES... dont care if he comes with awesome perks... I did it with the nightmare DLC when the team kept freddy in shiet condition, I'll do it here because candyman is shiet in general.

  • Hey, check this out, if you make the background of the dbd logo white, and make the logo black... ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ dead ringer. Whoop dee do!

  • @Human_Giraffe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1289695#Comment_1289695

    Hey, check this out, if you make the background of the dbd logo white, and make the logo black... ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ dead ringer. Whoop dee do!

    You're so funny.

    Oh my God, my stomach hurts because you made me laugh so hard.


    -__--------

    @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1292318#Comment_1292318

    Because of how hype bhvr has made this to be "horror icon", you see they're quite a few horror icons left, IT, chucky (if the devs came on during the 4yr stream and stated "for the bday of DBD this year we've found a way to make chucky work in the game and acquired the liscience!" I think the community would be pretty stoked about it), even the exorcist franchise would be one better then candyman... it's just..... crap!! Screw it I'm going blunt!... I watch TCM for the 1st time get scared because it could happen and did happen, so it's scary out of realism, I watch nightmare on elm street for the first I didnt sleep very well at all same with Halloween, I watch candyman I cant remember the name of the main characters............ to put "candyman" in the same game or anything for that matter with Myers would be an awful choice.... would I stop playing? NO, not buy? YES... dont care if he comes with awesome perks... I did it with the nightmare DLC when the team kept freddy in shiet condition, I'll do it here because candyman is shiet in general.

    It's okay to say "I just don't like him."

    And I'll be fine with that, but a lot of players really like Candyman, like myself. I grew up with the movies.

  • @MyersxKate said:

    Its gonna be Killer Klowns from Outer Space

    lol I wish, Mori would be the Shadow Eat scene.

  • @Zolvez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/154093/look-at-this

    Candyman definitely is Iconic. He wouldn't even be the smallest licensed dlc in the game. Evil Dead is smaller than Candyman. I dont get why he would be "dissatisfying" or "disappointing" he has marked the world of horror, his trademark being the bees. When you think of Horror and bees, you think of Candyman. Sure there would be more iconic Dlc, (Pennywise, Jason) but it never said it was the most iconic killer. My money is on Candyman, but I see Jason as an eligibility, I don't think they would add another clown. (I'm not saying i don't want him)

    I'm sorry, did you really just say evil dead is smaller than Candyman? Lol

  • @DreamSmasher23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1291988#Comment_1291988

    I'm not sure how they would implement his perks and powers but there r a lot of possibilities from the spheres to the lil dwarfs or his ability to turn his body parts into monsters. He would b awesome and his addition would likely get more ppl into Phantasm which would be great cuz I'd love to c a 6th one.

    I'd love to see tall man in dbd aswell. As far as a 6th movie goes? No thanks. RaVager was enough and although not the greatest ending to a franchise it still left a decent closure to the franchise.

  • @jwentzel987 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1291048#Comment_1291048

    I'm sorry, did you really just say evil dead is smaller than Candyman? Lol

    Um...

    Evil Dead.PNG Candyman.PNG

    By Definition, yes.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1292201#Comment_1292201

    When Ash was leaked, Steam Forums had almost no idea who he was.

    Damn that's pretty sad. Evil dead franchise has been around forever now

    Especially more so since ash vs evil dead made it to starz.

  • Please don't try to compare it by box office. That literally means nothing. Considering evil dead took several years to make and was made for pennies by it's entire crew/cast. compared to Candyman I'd say evil dead is far superior in everyway. 3 movies and a t.v. series and tons of comic adaptions. Several video games...yea...evil dead is more known.

  • @jwentzel987 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294779#Comment_1294779

    Please don't try to compare it by box office. That literally means nothing. Considering evil dead took several years to make and was made for pennies by it's entire crew/cast. compared to Candyman I'd say evil dead is far superior in everyway. 3 movies and a t.v. series and tons of comic adaptions. Several video games...yea...evil dead is more known.

    ๐Ÿ™„

    bleh

  • Lol that's all you have to say? Figures. Good day to you :)

  • @jwentzel987 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294798#Comment_1294798

    Lol that's all you have to say? Figures. Good day to you :)

    I provided numerical proof as to why Candyman did more, and is bigger than Evil Dead (original) and you completely deflected it.

    So, who the hell cares. I can provide any proof and you'd ignore it or just brush it off.

    So you're a waste of time.

  • @jwentzel987 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1292010#Comment_1292010

    I'd love to see tall man in dbd aswell. As far as a 6th movie goes? No thanks. RaVager was enough and although not the greatest ending to a franchise it still left a decent closure to the franchise.

    I'd just like to c one Phantasm movie with a normal budget. I know 2 was the most expensive but by normal standards it wasn't very well funded. Considering the movies r already awesome with a shoestring budget they would have to be much better with the extra money to spend. But maybe ur right and they should just let it go cuz without scrimm it wouldn't really b Phantasm. However don coscarelli did say he's not ruling out the possibility so I guess we'll have to wait and c. I'd settle for a dbd chapter though lol

  • @DreamSmasher23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294775#Comment_1294775

    I'd just like to c one Phantasm movie with a normal budget. I know 2 was the most expensive but by normal standards it wasn't very well funded. Considering the movies r already awesome with a shoestring budget they would have to be much better with the extra money to spend. But maybe ur right and they should just let it go cuz without scrimm it wouldn't really b Phantasm. However don coscarelli did say he's not ruling out the possibility so I guess we'll have to wait and c. I'd settle for a dbd chapter though lol

    I'd be down for a big budget sequel but like you said it just wouldn't be the same without Angus in it. Unless they digitized his face or character into the movie like they've done with some Marvel movies. Either way it would be cool to see his character come to dbd.

  • Its a exact match

  • @Pulvoriser said:

    Adding a random B list character like Candyman into the game would be a great disappointment. I'm convinced it's going to be Pennywise or Jason, but Slinderman is my wishlist and I honestly think he might have a shot.

    I'm sorry he just called Candyman a "B" tier and then said Slender man was on his wishlist while misspelling it

    Slenderman would make the community 150 times more disappointed than Candyman would

  • @Zolvez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/154093/look-at-this

    Candyman definitely is Iconic. He wouldn't even be the smallest licensed dlc in the game. Evil Dead is smaller than Candyman. I dont get why he would be "dissatisfying" or "disappointing" he has marked the world of horror, his trademark being the bees. When you think of Horror and bees, you think of Candyman. Sure there would be more iconic Dlc, (Pennywise, Jason) but it never said it was the most iconic killer. My money is on Candyman, but I see Jason as an eligibility, I don't think they would add another clown. (I'm not saying i don't want him)

    Wow I didn't see it coming. Initially I was admiringly disappointed, but after taking a bigger look, I'm into it.

    I think I got my Hope up in the clouds, and im sure im not the only one.

    I'm very excited, and the new map looks awesome.

  • @domriver said:

    Very nice find - Although the way the new chapter has been described hardly fits Candyman. Candyman series did not shape nor create a new genre of horror. Its just another horror series. Not saying it may not be.

    Yeah, I dont really think Pyramid Head did either

  • @Zolvez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1291048#Comment_1291048

    Wow I didn't see it coming. Initially I was admiringly disappointed, but after taking a bigger look, I'm into it.

    I think I got my Hope up in the clouds, and im sure im not the only one.

    I'm very excited, and the new map looks awesome.

    Keep in mind, Candyman can still be a possibility, the movie premier was pushed back to September instead of June.

    If it doesn't release in September, then it might never will.

  • Silent Hill did though

1 2 3 โ€บ