Until matchmaking is fixed I will be face camping as bubba

I keep getting slaughtered by red rank survivors when I'm YELLOW ranked. Just last game there was a 4 man SWF with them all being ranked 1 except for one rank 12.

Comments

  • So you're just trying to make excuses for your entitled behavior because it's easier than trying to get better at the game? Got it.

  • @GoddamnBananas said:

    So you're just trying to make excuses for your entitled behavior because it's easier than trying to get better at the game? Got it.

    Yeah, how dare a silver complain in overwatch if they're matched against grandmasters. Instead of complaining about matchmaking they should just get gud.

    /s

  • @JoeyBob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288583#Comment_1288583

    Yeah, how dare a silver complain in overwatch if they're matched against grandmasters. Instead of complaining about matchmaking they should just get gud.

    /s

    What a terrible comparison. Overwatch has an infinitely higher skill gap than DBD does, and based on Blizzard's stats, nearly 70% of the playerbase sits in-between those ranks. Grandmaster, for example, is less than 1% of that playerbase, whereas anyone can hit ranks of they just play enough. Not to mention the ranking system in DBD is a joke and half of the people in high ranks don't belong there.

  • Also I never said "don't complain about the matchmaking." I'm saying that using it to justify your lazy, entitled behavior is pathetic.

  • @GoddamnBananas said:

    Also I never said "don't complain about the matchmaking." I'm saying that using it to justify your lazy, entitled behavior is pathetic.

    It's a valid strategy. Ironic that your calling people using a valid start pathetic just because you dont like being camped.

  • I cannot imagine anybody, you included, will have fun in that scenario. I hope you get it out of your system.

  • @JoeyBob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288499#Comment_1288499

    Most these survivors I face like tea bagging as is. Why should I allow them fun when they go out of their way to try and stop me from having fun?

    Because not all people out there are actively trying to ruin your fun. There are people who just want to have a fun game, like you do.

    If you're purposely trying to ruin the Survivors' game then you're basically the same as the people tbagging you.

    And you don't have to play DbD that way; you don't have to get frustrated at tbagging, see a 1k or 0k as a loss, or worry about Ranks or BPs.

    DbD is a game. You should play it because you enjoy it, and play it in a way that you enjoy.

  • Solution is having more killers playing but currently is kinda boring, should add new game objectives, game modes... in other words: INNOVATE

    Matchmaking cannot be fixed since there are too few killers, unless you wanna wait forever for similar ranks, this is what the current code does:

    If timeout < 5 minutes then
        try matching_of_similar_rank then start_match
        else try start_match_at_any_available_rank
    
  • @JoeyBob said:

    I keep getting slaughtered by red rank survivors when I'm YELLOW ranked. Just last game there was a 4 man SWF with them all being ranked 1 except for one rank 12.

    Why don't you switch to survivor if playing killer is too frustrating?

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    Very mature. Have fun with your staring contest.

    How very mature for the devs to not fix their incredibly flawed match making for going on a year (and that is being generous).


    @Yamaoka said:

    Throwing a tantrum in a video game over something as trivial as rank numbers doesn't sound like a good way to spend your spare time but you do you... I guess.

    Far more to it than "rank numbers." More like a relatively new player going against 3-4 people with thousands of hours of play time.

  • Have you tried uh, getting good?

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288432#Comment_1288432

    WeridChamp.

    If you're going to insult me, learn to spell.

    It's okay though, I know your Middle School is on lockdown due to the ongoing Covid 19 Pandemic, so it's okay.

    It will be funny for you bringing the Covid 19 pandemic as a valid argument for you, you know that is not a joke right? Very mature from your side. Oh, and do an all-in and say the "ur mom" jokes as well, it would be awesome.

  • They're aware of the issue and working on it. That's my point.

  • Match making suck, you can't do anything with it. Welcome to the unbalance game.

  • Or just use the matchmaking as a way to see how good you really are. Ranks mean very little in this game.

  • @JoeyBob said:

    I keep getting slaughtered by red rank survivors when I'm YELLOW ranked. Just last game there was a 4 man SWF with them all being ranked 1 except for one rank 12.

    You're not alone man I keep getting the same problem, like I don't wanna meet the toxic AF red rankers with their damn perks and SWF orgy. I've played many killer games lately and can't help notice that gens pop way too quickly and it's so impossible to play as killer now. Here's an example.

    Screenshot (195)_LI.jpg

    I know i'm in purple ranks man, but I just can't take this anymore, if I don't equip an ebony mori I don't know how killers are going to survive, I mean shouldn't it be the survivors doing the surviving not the slaughtering????

  • @thai_libra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153924/until-matchmaking-is-fixed-i-will-be-face-camping-as-bubba

    You're not alone man I keep getting the same problem, like I don't wanna meet the toxic AF red rankers with their damn perks and SWF orgy. I've played many killer games lately and can't help notice that gens pop way too quickly and it's so impossible to play as killer now. Here's an example.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5O0ZVRNU35MV/screenshot-195-li.jpg

    I know i'm in purple ranks man, but I just can't take this anymore, if I don't equip an ebony mori I don't know how killers are going to survive, I mean shouldn't it be the survivors doing the surviving not the slaughtering????

    2 purple and 2 reds as a purple rank isnt that bad at all. Could definitely be worse.

  • @thai_libra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153924/until-matchmaking-is-fixed-i-will-be-face-camping-as-bubba

    You're not alone man I keep getting the same problem, like I don't wanna meet the toxic AF red rankers with their damn perks and SWF orgy. I've played many killer games lately and can't help notice that gens pop way too quickly and it's so impossible to play as killer now. Here's an example.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5O0ZVRNU35MV/screenshot-195-li.jpg

    I know i'm in purple ranks man, but I just can't take this anymore, if I don't equip an ebony mori I don't know how killers are going to survive, I mean shouldn't it be the survivors doing the surviving not the slaughtering????

    Your not even devotion 1 which makes me think your new to the game. Try playing a easier killer like ghost face or billy, that'll make the game much easier

  • Ok please tell me wheres the fun for YOU as a killer in facecamping as bubba.

    Its litrally just staring at one survivor until someone comes for the save chainsaw them . Repeat 2 times and you've 4kd. Its the most boring startegy ever.

    Why ruin other peoples fun instead of just not playing? Since you clearly arnt playing for fun but just to ruin others fun

  • Dawg I just 4k using a killer I've never used before at red ranks.

    @thai_libra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153924/until-matchmaking-is-fixed-i-will-be-face-camping-as-bubba

    You're not alone man I keep getting the same problem, like I don't wanna meet the toxic AF red rankers with their damn perks and SWF orgy. I've played many killer games lately and can't help notice that gens pop way too quickly and it's so impossible to play as killer now. Here's an example.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5O0ZVRNU35MV/screenshot-195-li.jpg

    I know i'm in purple ranks man, but I just can't take this anymore, if I don't equip an ebony mori I don't know how killers are going to survive, I mean shouldn't it be the survivors doing the surviving not the slaughtering????

    My advice? Drop at least one of your Hex perks. Focus on perks that help you locate survivors. Finding them is the hard part. Chasing them down is much easier because at some point, you will down them. It's basic math.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    This isn't the first pvp game that puts you up against a higher more experienced opponents.

    I just started playing RE Resistance and I was getting slaughtered in the beginning because as a rank 10 I was going against rank 35's. Did I give up? No. I learned to get better... looked at videos, did my research of how to play the game. It was the same way when I started playing F13.

    Matchmaking is bad (And the devs are aware and are going to work on it), but at some point you're just making excuses to not get better.

    Same with apex legends. Just after a few games with other new players I was put into high experienced lobbys and got absolutly destroyed. Had to gid gud and now I can hold myself. But I wasn't crying about it. I swear the dbd community so extremely childish and entitled

  • This is like the 2093447502 time I've seen a thread about punishing survivors for something they aren't in control of, did you know if you keep trying and practising against people that are better than you, even if significantly better than you, you too will become better at the game.

  • While it is frustrating to go against players that have much higher rank, it's all not the survivors fault that they are matched with a killer from a lower rank. Facecamping them, in my opinion, is not only not fun, but ends up being unfair to the survivors too. Not everyone is toxic or needs to be.

  • @Huff said:

    This reminds me of that time when they changed Ruin and a bunch of people said "I'm going to run NOED every game until they change it back"

    And noed is still in every game i havent seen ruin in like a month.

  • @Hex_KillerMainBTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288230#Comment_1288230

    Why would they even nerf it? By the time one person dies on a hook from being face camped, 2-3 gens are going to be popped in that time frame. So the most kills they'll even get is 2 at most. They're not going to nerf it. But, you believe what you want to believe

    The problem is comboing it with noed because the counter to camping is to genrush which means you cant do totems. Killer facecamps 2 survivors because thats about how long it takes. Then boom hits the 3rd and possibly the 4th with noed. Otz did a stream on this in red ranks and it only got countered by a stream sniping 4 man swf.

  • @JoeyBob said:

    I keep getting slaughtered by red rank survivors when I'm YELLOW ranked. Just last game there was a 4 man SWF with them all being ranked 1 except for one rank 12.

    Noted. We will be doing gens and totems, then taking chests & a few hooks, your wallet, and maybe even your left shoe. Oh and about half the time we're also getting that poor hooked surv out as well.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288234#Comment_1288234

    The problem is comboing it with noed because the counter to camping is to genrush which means you cant do totems. Killer facecamps 2 survivors because thats about how long it takes. Then boom hits the 3rd and possibly the 4th with noed. Otz did a stream on this in red ranks and it only got countered by a stream sniping 4 man swf.

    Not always true. It heavily depends on the survivors skills. Face camping a hook in general is just a bad idea. Even if you do use NOED, they'll probably get out an exit gate anyways. Plus you're not going to rank up

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    Ok please tell me wheres the fun for YOU as a killer in facecamping as bubba.

    Its litrally just staring at one survivor until someone comes for the save chainsaw them . Repeat 2 times and you've 4kd. Its the most boring startegy ever.

    Why ruin other peoples fun instead of just not playing? Since you clearly arnt playing for fun but just to ruin others fun

    Maybe its fun to guarantee a kill.You can say its the most unfun boring strategy ever but what if thats what he likes to do and is fun for him then is it fine.Also you say why ruin other peoples fun cant i say that doing god loops,sweaty swfs, spam clicking/teabaggin ruins the fun for killers so you cant do it anymore?

    tldr-Fun is subjective

  • I'm not having any fun with this game. Solution? Play in a way that's super not fun! I don't know what you're trying to accomplish, but you're clearly not going about it well. If you're not having fun, just take a break from the game instead of going out of your way to ruin the experience for others.

  • @Joelwino said:

    I'm not having any fun with this game. Solution? Play in a way that's super not fun! I don't know what you're trying to accomplish, but you're clearly not going about it well. If you're not having fun, just take a break from the game instead of going out of your way to ruin the experience for others.

    Maybe he is having fun playing Bubbas basement builds.

    If so, rock on.

    Its not the killers job to make sure the survivors have fun.

  • @Shocktober said:

    Have you tried uh, getting good?

    Yeah if a silver player in OW faces a GM they just need to get good, matchmaking is not the problem.

  • Mind as well play another game. Don’t find the appeal in staring at someone on a hook every match.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288169#Comment_1288169

    And noed is still in every game i havent seen ruin in like a month.

    I see Ruin all the time, and what you commented is exactly my point. It's still in every game, and they're still not gonna change it back.

    Thanks for highlighting my point though.

  • ok i guess. just dont complain if the same thing happens to you later.

  • Survivor Gen rush

    Him: you ruin my fun, I will ruin your fun and also ruin my own fun by take 1 of you down and just standing in a place doing nothing


    Im a killer main (Trapper to be exact), standing in 1 place staring at hooked survivor, I rather to read news on internet.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    Survivor Gen rush

    Him: you ruin my fun, I will ruin your fun and also ruin my own fun by take 1 of you down and just standing in a place doing nothing

    Im a killer main (Trapper to be exact), standing in 1 place staring at hooked survivor, I rather to read news on internet.

    That's why you get a second monitor.

  • There's another topic about this. I viewed it, mentioned that I also as a new player and rank 16 have this problem. This was my match immediately following posting that comment and returning to DBD. As I said in the other post, I only killed three because tea-bagging < Bubba's chainsaw. My level is 41 because Bubba is like my only played killer basically, next highest killer is 15 or something.

    EYg-exCXQAAChYQ.jpg


  • @Fog_King said:

    While it is frustrating to go against players that have much higher rank, it's all not the survivors fault that they are matched with a killer from a lower rank. Facecamping them, in my opinion, is not only not fun, but ends up being unfair to the survivors too. Not everyone is toxic or needs to be.

    It’s not their fault, but as a solo red rank I have seen teammates teabagging, clicking, etc agajnst a killer who is CLEARLY low rank. I can tell within a chase if the killer is “equal skill,” and 9/10 times if I think he’s like a 12-15 based on the chase movement in right. I’m guessing these other toxic teammates of mine know it too but they choose to be mean. If he wants to faceCamp I don’t blame him

1 2 ›