What's some licensed content you DON'T want in DBD?

First off, please try and remain as respectful as possible, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi wonderful people of the forums, I'm curious to see what would be some licensed content you truly don't want? For me, it'd have to easily be Jeepers Creepers, for extremely obvious reasons if you look into the case.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Dokta_Carter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1057612#Comment_1057612

    I mean... How would the Animatronics work if they were the killers? And how would they make a justifiable survivor unless it's a killer only... But having a map like the pizzeria would be cool for another "indoor map" but i think it would be mostly a bad idea

    I understand everyone who doesn't want a FNaF Chapter as it may be seen as 'cringe' and the robots unfiting with a colorful pizzeria as a map.

    But, we have a novel series, seperate from the game. It has Springtrap, the killer, in it. Potential survivors who could also fit. The abandoned childhood home of one of the main characters, which was left to rot, would be a similar map to haddonfield and thompson house.

    As to Springtrap, they'd could go creative since the book version is seperate from the game and make it fit into the game aesthetical- and designwise. He's the killer of the series that got trapped in that suit, which got withered, moldy and torn down after time. Doesn't seem too silly for me, we currently have a mangled up girl and a dream demon in DbD, so lore wouldn't be too far off.

    As to the survivors, there are many options, they are young adults and would also fit into the game. Then again, we wouldn't need a survivor and this could just be added as a paragraph with Springtrap and maybe the map.

  • Pennywise and chucky



    Both are boring concepts, and also I could punt Chucky across a football field

  • Chucky

    Pumpkinhead

    FNaF stuff

  • I have three.

    The Gingerbread man

    Thankskilling

    And Jack Frost.

    Those are my three

  • @Boss said:

    Spongebob.

    That's the one IP we NEED though!

  • The Terror Radius is replaced with just an endless loop of his iconic laugh.

  • FNAF and IT/Pennywise. FNAF because, well, it'd be ridiculous in my opinion lol. And for Pennywise, there isn't much they could do for him. Can't have IT turn into a survivor, SWF would trump that entire power. Regardless of it being Curry or Skarsgard, I doubt I'd be a fan of it.

  • @EnderloganYT said:

    Chucky. He'd look so damn goofy running around on his little doll legs.

    while I agree Childs Play would be ill adviced.

    They could do it as they did with the Saw Chapter, the doll does not have to be the killer.

    The Killer could be the guy in normal human form before he possessed the doll and the doll could come into play as part of his power.

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/126491/whats-some-licensed-content-you-dont-want-in-dbd

    So what if the creator did what he did in real life, this is a video game the creeper would’ve been great and he was planned and scrapped because “can’t implement flying killer.exe” but it was because of the dumb backlash oh nooooo I’m gonna give money to a predator oh nooooo. You’re just preventing good content in the game. Nothing else. This community is like oh we are too pure to have that monsters character in OUR game. Yet you’ll be a toxic survivor or killer and trash talk people on the side. Y’all aren’t saints neither am I so quit putting your ego on top of the pedestal. The creeper is the most obvious entity to become a killer in dbd he’s absolutely perfect in every way shape and form.

    Did you compare being toxic in a video game to being a child predator? I hope you understand that one is infinitely worse than the other, and it is perfectly reasonable to not want to support a known pedophile.

  • Alien and every pure ghost killer.

    Would just be terrible to see them looped.

    A pure ghost would just walk through a wall, or loop like it would not exist. The alien would probably just jump over it.

  • @The_Horde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1057629#Comment_1057629

    Did you compare being toxic in a video game to being a child predator? I hope you understand that one is infinitely worse than the other, and it is perfectly reasonable to not want to support a known pedophile.

    THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS!

  • The only one that I want is Phantasm. Literally don't care about anything else. I've seen a lot of suggestions, the same names usually pop-up - Leprechaun, Child's Play, Stephen King's IT, etc. None of that interests me in the slightest.

    The Tall Man as the Killer with the Sphere for a Mori & Reggie as the Survivor with the Morningside Mausoleum as the map. That's what I want.

  • @Skelemania said:

    The only one that I want is Phantasm. Literally don't care about anything else. I've seen a lot of suggestions, the same names usually pop-up - Leprechaun, Child's Play, Stephen King's IT, etc. None of that interests me in the slightest.

    The Tall Man as the Killer with the Sphere for a Mori & Reggie as the Survivor with the Morningside Mausoleum as the map. That's what I want.

    M slightly confused since this is a dont want licenced thread so im guessing your plainly saying you "want" and not "what i want to not be licensed" what is phantasm btw?

  • @Dokta_Carter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058775#Comment_1058775

    M slightly confused since this is a dont want licenced thread so im guessing your plainly saying you "want" and not "what i want to not be licensed" what is phantasm btw?

    Yeah I thought the question was simple enough, but there's tons of people here talking about what they would want.

    You see plenty from the FNaF crowd coming to try to discuss the lore and whatnot, and go off topic, rather than just answer the question asked. There's a reason why I answered "FNaF" to the post the way I did, and this is part of it.

  • Issue with fnaf is the playerbase it would bring in.

    Issue with Chucky is the mechanical and technicas aspect

    Jason would be nice.. But too expensive and already claimed.. Plus he wouldn't really have that much of a uniqueness

    The Ring would be an interesting one. Just due to the technical ability and what the power might be.

    Definitely no Final Destination chapters.

    No Pennywise, we already have a clown.

    We need a Scary Movie chapter obviously. Think ghostface, but... Derpier.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1057530#Comment_1057530

    while I agree Childs Play would be ill adviced.

    They could do it as they did with the Saw Chapter, the doll does not have to be the killer.

    The Killer could be the guy in normal human form before he possessed the doll and the doll could come into play as part of his power.

    Some people have thought Tiffany being the killer and using Chucky in some way, or maybe the man who's soul is inside the Chucky doll (can't think of his name off the top of my head) and using the doll in his power in some fashion. If done like that in some way instead of the actual Chucky Doll, I think it'd be interesting.

  • I dont want anymore non human killers. I always liked the idea that its innocent humans struggling to keep their hope against corrupted humans indulging in their lust to kill.

  • I like Chucky, and would love him in the game. The Entity could just pick up the survivors and throw them on the hook for him, and break pallets. He'd be a pretty cool stealth killer imo.

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1059090#Comment_1059090

    Yeah I thought the question was simple enough, but there's tons of people here talking about what they would want.

    You see plenty from the FNaF crowd coming to try to discuss the lore and whatnot, and go off topic, rather than just answer the question asked. There's a reason why I answered "FNaF" to the post the way I did, and this is part of it.

    Err sorry i sparked that i just was wondering how would it even work in the dbd realm.

  • Naturally anything I haven't seen. But saying that, I had not seen any Saw films (although I was familiar with the franchise) or Stranger Things before they appeared in DBD. Now I have seen all of both franchises and really enjoyed them.

    Back on topic: I would not want to see the Joker, any representation of Hannibal or Norman Bates. They just don't feel right.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Naturally anything I haven't seen. But saying that, I had not seen any Saw films (although I was familiar with the franchise) or Stranger Things before they appeared in DBD. Now I have seen all of both franchises and really enjoyed them.

    Back on topic: I would not want to see the Joker, any representation of Hannibal or Norman Bates. They just don't feel right.

    Norman Bates would be interesting. First time I ever considered him as part of the DbD crew. I also got a chuckle as I thought to myself, it would fit perfectly in the current political insanity of gender issues. He'd look normal as he charged his power, then put on his mother's dress + wig when his power bar filled and he activated it.

    Have to agree with the Joker and Hannibal though. Hannibal is way too calm, collected, and intellectual. DbD Killers should be more of the gruesome and slasher style. In my opinion at least.

    @Dokta_Carter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058775#Comment_1058775

    M slightly confused since this is a dont want licenced thread so im guessing your plainly saying you "want" and not "what i want to not be licensed" what is phantasm btw?

    Phantasm is one of the great cult horror films to come out of the 70s and 80s. It's iconic Killer, the Tall Man, is one of my favorites. Still waiting for this to come to DbD because those films were superb slasher/gore type and would fit right in the game. The lore behind it all is pretty interesting as well.

    They did 4 movies iirc, then did something of a "finale" not too long ago with Phantasm Ravager, I think that's the name. I haven't seen that one, but was told to avoid it. A bit sad, because the first couple really were good horror.

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/126491/whats-some-licensed-content-you-dont-want-in-dbd

    So what if the creator did what he did in real life, this is a video game the creeper would’ve been great and he was planned and scrapped because “can’t implement flying killer.exe” but it was because of the dumb backlash oh nooooo I’m gonna give money to a predator oh nooooo. You’re just preventing good content in the game. Nothing else. This community is like oh we are too pure to have that monsters character in OUR game. Yet you’ll be a toxic survivor or killer and trash talk people on the side. Y’all aren’t saints neither am I so quit putting your ego on top of the pedestal. The creeper is the most obvious entity to become a killer in dbd he’s absolutely perfect in every way shape and form.

    Alot of us aren't Saints but I'm pretty positive that a TON of us aren't predators either.

  • I am a lover of licensed content. I always prefer it over original. The only things that I would never want to see are FNaF and Leprechaun. I would love to see Chucky, Pinhead, Pennywise, Jason, the Grudge (original), Xenomorph, an original Freddy cosmetic, and even Killer Klowns from Outer Space. All of which could easily be added and people would buy them. Easy money and licenses bring tons of players to the game.

  • It already happened....Stranger Things. Stranger Things sucks.

  • I am personally not a fan of any new Licence chapter. I am happy with Freddy and Myers and dont need any other honestly. I am really in love with the Original chapters like Oni, Spirit or Legion oof. I love every single original chapter and hope they will keep going!

  • @Dokta_Carter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058775#Comment_1058775

    M slightly confused since this is a dont want licenced thread so im guessing your plainly saying you "want" and not "what i want to not be licensed" what is phantasm btw?

    OK, I'll put it more bluntly: I don't want anything that isn't Phantasm.

    I was trying to be more positive since the forum is already full of negativity. But apparently that didn't work...

  • @Talmeer said:

    Alien and every pure ghost killer.

    Would just be terrible to see them looped.

    A pure ghost would just walk through a wall, or loop like it would not exist. The alien would probably just jump over it.

    We already have a ghost killer.

  • I have no standards. Put Sans Undertale in the game. I want to be killed by the funny skeleton.

  • Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde.

    Like, imagine doing a generator with a fellow survivor and he just flips out and slams you on a hook.

    Breh.

  • @Heartbound said:

    Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde.

    Like, imagine doing a generator with a fellow survivor and he just flips out and slams you on a hook.

    Breh.

    They won't do anything that may confuse the survivors like that

  • Christine should be the next licensed killer. That is all.

  • Fnaf

    Childs Play

    The Ring (always thought that would be creepier against) Movement speed and such might not create that same feel.

    RE i love resident evil but don't want it in this game.

  • Slenderman

    Granny

    The Grudge

    Chucky

    I see alot of people REALLY dont want to see a FNAF chapter. It's a mix bagged for me I partly don't want to see it because it would bring its Cancerous fanbase to the game and that's going to cause me to quit. However having a animatronic for a killer opens up little possibility

  • I... don't understand the FNAF hate lol. Half of the people are saying "would be nice and has lots of potential but bad fanbase" but then DBD players are twice as bad as anyone from the "toxic FNAF fanbase" and the other half are saying "way too out of place and wouldn't fit the feel of the game" and then proceed to play The Clown in his elephant costume.

    Can we just accept DBD is a compilation of horror icons and original characters instead of an actual horror game?

    If anything, FNAF chapter would be a net win for DBD, it'll bring in so many players, same with Stranger Things.

    ________________

    OP might as well have been asking what characters do and don't you want. Should've been expected people would answer for both lol.

    ________________

    I don't want Slender.

  • The ring

    Pennywise

    Jeepers creeper

  • @oh_0k said:

    The ring

    Pennywise

    Jeepers creeper

    iirc, they tried doing something with a flying Killer in the fashion of Jeepers Creepers. They couldn't do it though, so any flying Killer is out for the time being. I'm assuming they haven't figured out how to make it work though.

  • th (1).jpeg

    They would ruin him. He'd get bullied worse then in his own game, and he'd be weak AF! I hope they never get the rights...

  • @Dokta_Carter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058775#Comment_1058775

    M slightly confused since this is a dont want licenced thread so im guessing your plainly saying you "want" and not "what i want to not be licensed" what is phantasm btw?

    1453000559282.gif

    This is the Tallman from phantasm. First one is great, then it starts to go downhill, but great movie.

  • Is it fine to take back Stranger things? I mean delete it have a different chapter. Anything Post Legion has been kinda mediocre in all honesty.

  • Anything that would result in the killer having a power where they could teleport to hooks or stealth around hooks. There is enough camping killers in the game already.

  • FNAF, Chucky, and IT. Anything but those 3, they don't fit the game and most people dont want them.

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1059090#Comment_1059090

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/723/RVEJ5K6HJMDQ.gif

    This is the Tallman from phantasm. First one is great, then it starts to go downhill, but great movie.

    I remember that face bit its probably just the actor

  • Slenderman and FNAF are the two I don't want to see. I like both franchises but I don't think either one would work very well in this game.

  • Anything that isn't from earth or doesn't live on earth, sure we have the Demogorgon that lives in his own dimesion but at leats it's tied to earth somehow.

    Any killer that is too human-like (Jack Torrance, Norman Bates etc) again we have the Trapper and the Legion but at leats they are deformed or hide their faces. In real life being chased by a crazy dude and a masked dude are different experiences, the masks add some mystery to it, you know that there is someone behind the mask, but at the same time, it is not a person like you, who has already become inhumane. I don't know if anyone could understand my reasoning. I was confused just trying to explain.

  • @Cornpopers_Evan said:

    First off, please try and remain as respectful as possible, it would be greatly appreciated.

    Hi wonderful people of the forums, I'm curious to see what would be some licensed content you truly don't want? For me, it'd have to easily be Jeepers Creepers, for extremely obvious reasons if you look into the case.

    What reason?

    For me it would be xenomorph/predator. Would really hate to see any of these be stopped by pallets and such stuff. Just totally doesn't fit into the game.

  • @Dokta_Carter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1057612#Comment_1057612

    I mean... How would the Animatronics work if they were the killers? And how would they make a justifiable survivor unless it's a killer only... But having a map like the pizzeria would be cool for another "indoor map" but i think it would be mostly a bad idea

    I'm probably going to get severely judged for admitting this due to stereotypes with FNAF players, but I don't think a FNAF chapter would be such a bad idea. Most people just say, "It's cringey, no FNAF" without giving any other reasoning.

    Most people don't like FNAF because they think of the community and animatronics. However, I believe our community has its flaws too and we often focus on the negative more than the positives. Introducing a new community into Dead by Daylight would be great and the chapter itself would be easy to make. The animatronics can be very scary, if you played Scott's games — you would be terrified to even touch his 4th FNAF game.


    I know the killer can be Springtrap.

    I know the survivor can be one of the previous Security Guards.

    I know the map can be Sister Location since it's one of the biggest maps, and due to the fact it's merged with FNAF 4 location.


    A lot of people said Stranger Things was cringey and childish, but now that people tried it out, they actually like having something other than a human figure chasing after them. If people were to give things a chance rather than assuming the worst, they actually would love a FNAF chapter. 😁

  • Chucky - Seriously, how the heck can you see as him, or see him coming. It's a plastic doll, kick him.

    Jason Vorhees - Tired. Trapper is close enough and unique.

    Pennywise - Already have a Clown

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/126491/whats-some-licensed-content-you-dont-want-in-dbd

    What reason?

    For me it would be xenomorph/predator. Would really hate to see any of these be stopped by pallets and such stuff. Just totally doesn't fit into the game.

    Okay, if you're talking about the topic then it's because I was genuinely curious.

    If you're talking about my choice, then because... well, lets just say... kids.

1 2 3