Just remember this BHVR

If you start to see your playerbase drop or an increase of sweaty/toxic plays or an increase of players throwing games, from the killers, after the changes go through with ruin...

Please, pleassssssse don't act all awe and shock or even surprised when it happens, you put this on yourself.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @DocFabron said:

    They're looking in to fixing the gen times now that Ruin is getting nerfed. I wasn't quite on board until I heard this. Now I think the game can move forward in a healthier direction.

    Where did you hear this?

  • @DocFabron said:

    They're looking in to fixing the gen times now that Ruin is getting nerfed. I wasn't quite on board until I heard this. Now I think the game can move forward in a healthier direction.

    With how many tools they have to monitor the game, I find it really hard to believe they don't have the data to show the average game time when ruin isn't in the match.

  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1001273#Comment_1001273

    Like i said. I wont adapt to broken mechanics.

    Leave your loop and accept, that there are people with different opinions.

    Never had an issue with GF. Any time he gets me is because he legit caught me off guard.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000706#Comment_1000706

    Bad survivors: Omg nerf ruin it's too hard to hit skill checks and find the totem!

    *Ruin gets nerfed*

    Also bad survivors: Killers quit complaining just GIT GUD and ADAPT!

    I wish I was joking but that's actually what has happened.

    True. But Vancold wasn't wrong either.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000737#Comment_1000737

    So healing during killers successful attack animation was fair?

    Being able to sabo every hook but basement and them not come back was fair?

    Unlimited exhaustion perks, perks that are still incredibly strong, were fair?

    12.5 seconds added to the game per survivor? The horror.

    Every change you mentioned was to give the killer a chance to do his job against even a slightly competent survivor.

    All ruin did was give the killer a small chance to prolong the game just a bit. A complete rng experience.

    Yes, killers and survivors wanted it changed no denying that. What they did was give us a perk that shouldn't even be called ruin. It bears zero resemblence to the original. Doesn't even try to do what the original did. Doesn't address why so many killers took the gamble of running 3 perks all game. Name one other perk that got reworked in such a manner?

    I dont use ruin as i hate the randomness of it. In fact I've pretty much switched to survivor because of how less stressful it is.

    Tl;dr Survivor nerfs you talk about are balance issues that needed to happen for killers to be able to do their jobs. Ruin was a nerf that did nothing to address balance

    They weren't bad changes. The point was survivors adapted to them. Killers will adapt to the Ruin change as well.

  • @a_good_player said:

    You guys definitely make it too apocalyptic. Ruin wasn't that great of a perk even before the nerf: you cannot rely on a hex perk. Just play whitout it and learn to apply pressure.

    "LeArN tO aPpLy PrEsSuRe"

    I'll think of that next time I'm Clown on Wretched Shop or Grim Pantry.



    Or any map with any killer that isn't Billy, huntress, or Spirit

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000858#Comment_1000858

    They weren't bad changes. The point was survivors adapted to them. Killers will adapt to the Ruin change as well.

    No doubt they will. Im convinced though that the delivery of the change is what caused so much uproar. That and completely changing how the perk functions.

  • @baron said:

    Survivors complained when self care got nerfed. Were told to adapt. The no heal meta was born and adrenaline got chose more. They adapted.

    Survivors got pallet amounts nerfed. They got told to adapt. Pallet looping grew into an even bigger meta.

    Exhausion perks got....well.....exhausion.

    Gen speeds were nerfed in the games first year by having 10 seconds added to completion at the same time hook sabo got nerfed. Tool boxes then got used mostly on gens. They adapted.

    Something tells me killers will be and do just fine with the ruin changes. And no one that quits over it will be gone long. They rarely are.

    Killers have adapted before. Every time the survivors got a good change and told the killers to do just that.

    This is more about the decision behind it, them not looking at real issues, and idk, blatantly saying they're fixing things bc of fun and frustration, and not high end game balance.

    Killers adapting to tough changes can and has happened.

    Killers staying after being shafted and ignored? Cant guarantee that.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120792/just-remember-this-bhvr

    Aren’t you bored talking about this yet? Go play a different game perhaps or take up a hobby (knitting).

    @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000795#Comment_1000795

    Omg this!!! After seeing the posts and complaints from people who are pressed over the ruin change, I actually hope they do leave the game. They take it way to serious, seem very toxic, and entitled. I’d rather they do stop playing. In a way, the ruin nerf could clear a lot of really toxic killer mains and be a blessing.

    Nice way to not be toxic like all those people you want to leave.

    If you dont have anything to add to the discussion, targeting the person who started the thread isnt going to help. It just makes you look salty and pissy about something and you following them around making it personal.

    Maybe try another thread?

    Or a different forum? I hear theres a great knitting forum on reddit.

  • I think we'd all appreciate a link to the quote.

  • @Synfralidro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1001066#Comment_1001066

    With how many tools they have to monitor the game, I find it really hard to believe they don't have the data to show the average game time when ruin isn't in the match.

    I mean, when current Ruin is in 80/100 matches, I understand why the devs had a harder time balancing gen times. Now that it won't be an issue, they can begin working on a solution (after a little bit of time gathering data)

  • I gotta find it again. It was either Almo or Peanits who said it. I've got my digging equipment out though! 🖱

  • @DocFabron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1001519#Comment_1001519

    I mean, when current Ruin is in 80/100 matches, I understand why the devs had a harder time balancing gen times. Now that it won't be an issue, they can begin working on a solution (after a little bit of time gathering data)

    I think the better approach would be to ease up on the Emblem System for both sides. Take some stress off the players in general.

  • @Synfralidro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1001684#Comment_1001684

    I think the better approach would be to ease up on the Emblem System for both sides. Take some stress off the players in general.

    I actually don't think the Emblem system is too bad (well for Survivor it isn't).


    For killer, the fact you can black/depip after 4king and keeping pressure is a little bit ridiculous.

  • "We are not. We have mentioned multiple times that if something needs to change about gen times, we're happy to take a look into it. Unfortunately we cannot do that when 80% of red ranked killers are using a perk that covers it up- it makes it impossible to tell what actually needs to be done. We'll keep an eye on it."

    "Keeping an eye on it" is not the same thing as "Looking into fixing gen times"

    We're facing several months if not years of unbearably fast gen times. I'm basing this off of how long it took them to fix the hatch standoff.

  • @DocFabron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1001709#Comment_1001709

    I actually don't think the Emblem system is too bad (well for Survivor it isn't).

    For killer, the fact you can black/depip after 4king and keeping pressure is a little bit ridiculous.

    I think the Lightbringer needs some work. Make survivors feel like they don't need to gen jockey to get gold or iri in that category.

    And yeah Killer expectations keep getting more and more ridiculous. I've said for years that moving away from BP system was a bad idea. Telling Killers you have to play a cookie cutter way to progress was pretty lame.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1001708#Comment_1001708

    "We are not. We have mentioned multiple times that if something needs to change about gen times, we're happy to take a look into it. Unfortunately we cannot do that when 80% of red ranked killers are using a perk that covers it up- it makes it impossible to tell what actually needs to be done. We'll keep an eye on it."

    "Keeping an eye on it" is not the same thing as "Looking into fixing gen times"

    We're facing several months if not years of unbearably fast gen times. I'm basing this off of how long it took them to fix the hatch standoff.

    And then I'm still feeling the sting of them knee jerking to launch Freddy. I felt like i dodged a bullet not buying him, especially when it took them a year to go back and change him to a Killer that can actually interact with survivors throughout the match. I also heard about what they changed with the latest killer oni. Haven't actually played against him enough to even know if the change was warranted.

  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    Wake me up when September ends.

    A

    D

    E

    P

    T

    Killers do adapt. All the time. Too bad survivors simply ask nerfs whenever we do.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000690#Comment_1000690

    Queue times got nuked once they started queuing SWF with the highest rank, it was an instant change over night, if it was really due to killers leaving it would have at least been gradual.

    Killers went from 5 - 10 minute lobbies to instant, and survivors did the opposite

    This video explains it quite well.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1DNS_alCtQ&t=16s

    I'd say it has more to do with lack of killers than anything. If that video was anything to go by, then yellow and brown rank killers wouldn't be getting matched with red and purple rank survivors every other game. That actually goes against their matchmaking logic, and shows to be more of a symptom of just not having enough killers.

    @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000690#Comment_1000690

    Yeah? Prove it. You all keep saying this as if to prove you were right, but on ps4 (where I play) survivor wait times have been long since I can remember, well before the ruin change. So why is that? Stop creating false statements to cater to your own ideas.

    Why are you so defensive? I don't have statistical data. Only BHVR has that. I never said it was 100% fact. It's just my take based on what I see. You're on PS4. I'm on PC. There's no sense arguing with me because we are in two completely different scenarios. PS4 DBD has a smaller player base overall than PC. That would likely be why you see longer queue times. My goodness dude, take a chill pill. Stop being so aggressive. Come back when you're ready to have a civilized discussion, Mr. Defensive.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1001708#Comment_1001708

    "We are not. We have mentioned multiple times that if something needs to change about gen times, we're happy to take a look into it. Unfortunately we cannot do that when 80% of red ranked killers are using a perk that covers it up- it makes it impossible to tell what actually needs to be done. We'll keep an eye on it."

    "Keeping an eye on it" is not the same thing as "Looking into fixing gen times"

    We're facing several months if not years of unbearably fast gen times. I'm basing this off of how long it took them to fix the hatch standoff.

    Idk. I'm taking Peanits at his word. It's the closest thing we have to a confirmation.


    I think they may need a month or two to sort things out and make an announcement. I'm trying to remain as optimistic as I can because I love this game passionately. I love playing both sides equally, and I would hate to have to drop playing most killers (like Ghostface, Trapper, Hag, Pig, etc.) because gens go too fast.


    BHVR has had some misjudgments (1.9.2, Freddy nerf after release, etc.) But they've also done some great things here (reworking Freddy and his map, Doctor rework, Instaheal changes, etc.).


    I hope they come to their senses and fix these damn gen times.... I don't wanna lose this game for good because no-one wants to play anymore.

  • @Synfralidro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1001718#Comment_1001718

    I think the Lightbringer needs some work. Make survivors feel like they don't need to gen jockey to get gold or iri in that category.

    And yeah Killer expectations keep getting more and more ridiculous. I've said for years that moving away from BP system was a bad idea. Telling Killers you have to play a cookie cutter way to progress was pretty lame.

    It really seems like when you play Killer, you're playing a linear-based game with one set path to win, whereas Survivor is playing the next big Rockstar game.

  • Means you can quit guarding your totem and do something useful like applying pressure.thats what I see alot killer staying around totem area while survivors pop gens then gripe about how quick they get done

  • ForTheKillerscomplainingAboutRuin.jpg

    For the killers complaining about Ruin.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1001545#Comment_1001545

    No doubt they will. Im convinced though that the delivery of the change is what caused so much uproar. That and completely changing how the perk functions.

    Definitely. I personally thought it was a terrible change. But what's done is done.

    I don't understand the mentality so many killer mains are adopting. The run Noed and Mori to make survivors suffer camp. If they are that unhappy with playing killer, don't play. That will make how you feel more apparent then trying to ruin the game for others.

  • Clearly. I mean, any killer that relies on Ruin must be bad.

    🤔

  • Most of the posts about ruin just sort of make me lol and there a lot of them....Ruin just goes to quick, it's more about second objectives and gen times

  • Random thought:

    When the change goes live, Ruin won't be hunted and gone within the first 30 seconds. :)

  • @baron said:

    Survivors complained when self care got nerfed. Were told to adapt. The no heal meta was born and adrenaline got chose more. They adapted.

    Survivors got pallet amounts nerfed. They got told to adapt. Pallet looping grew into an even bigger meta.

    Exhausion perks got....well.....exhausion.

    Gen speeds were nerfed in the games first year by having 10 seconds added to completion at the same time hook sabo got nerfed. Tool boxes then got used mostly on gens. They adapted.

    Something tells me killers will be and do just fine with the ruin changes. And no one that quits over it will be gone long. They rarely are.

    I actually disagree with the part of players not leaving for long periods of time. I've recently picked up bloodborne again, it came out in like 2014 and since doing so I haven't played DBD for a few months now.. and this isn't because of the incoming ruin change this is because of the fact that the game has not changed at all... it's the same game it was years ago... chases, gens and escape. Yeah you can list stuff like

    Pallet reduction

    Loop changes

    Map reworks and more

    But the main part of the game has not changed at all and it needs too... survivor is boring when you get the hang of it and it often becomes the survivors responsibility to allow the game to last a bit longer since theres nothing else to do but gens.

  • destroying ruin which is an ok fix to trash map design, rank mess up where ranks don’t matter so new players already being alienated out, I’m pretty sure the player base will drop hell im dropping out soon and I actually was excited about the 2nd rift. I also enjoy on consoles we don’t get an option to change our names mean while streamers and youtubers just post it up being jerks and then I receive at least 10 - 15 hate mails sent to me saying f you and your youtube famous now... sorry this used to be something really fun now your turning into an esports

  • @Mringasa said:

    Random thought:

    When the change goes live, Ruin won't be hunted and gone within the first 30 seconds. :)

    meh i will still be finding it, i like to do my bones, never know if there is potentional hexes lurking around the corner >.<

  • that's what yall say to every survivor having trouble with something. adapt ;)

  • @a_good_player said:

    You guys definitely make it too apocalyptic. Ruin wasn't that great of a perk even before the nerf: you cannot rely on a hex perk. Just play whitout it and learn to apply pressure.

    "learn to apply pressure"

    found the person that never played killer😂

  • I hope at least one of you who are making such a drama will apologize when you realize that playing without Ruin is ok as well.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I hope at least one of you who are making such a drama will apologize when you realize that playing without Ruin is ok as well.

    Apologize to you directly or what?

  • @Vancold said:

    ######### whiny (and noobish) killer base: "Ruin is useless lol. Totems placement is a joke, EVERY GAME my hex gets destroyed in the first 30 seconds. RUIN IS USELESS, BOIS."

    Also ######### whiny (and noobish) killer base: "Ruin gone? GG Behaviour, your company will fall and you'll lose million of dollars because I say so! (lol)"

    Sincerly, a killer main.

    Your probably one of those trash survivors who couldn’t even find a gen let alone a totem..

  • I believe ruin is good for new killers and for those who play specific killers with little map pressure. Don’t get me wrong I think the new ruin should be a new perk for killers cause it does seem really good for billy who could keep great map pressure I don’t believe new ruin would be good for say clown or bubba maybe I’m wrong I would prefer they fix the rank system that just seems to throw you anywhere to avoid wait times

  • @a_good_player said:

    You guys definitely make it too apocalyptic. Ruin wasn't that great of a perk even before the nerf: you cannot rely on a hex perk. Just play whitout it and learn to apply pressure.

    giphy(1).gif


  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000824#Comment_1000824

    I used Ruin myself but i dont need it.

    Since the rework was announced, i threw it out of my builds. Guess what, still a red rank killer, that gets a pip most of his games.

    You don't need it maybe, but other people and certain killers need it. There is no git gut, when the game is over in 5 minutes, because the maps are too big, still there are god windows in disturbed ward // wretched shop etc. Ruin could at least balance the bad map design for a couple of minutes, but that is gone. I am quiete sure, we will see much more people running NOED and Mori now, plus tunneling // camping // slugging will be more common. Funny times await, especially for the target audiance of new players, that will suffer even more, as they did about ruin.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000684#Comment_1000684

    It's not entirely unwarranted though. It's already more or less begun. Killer queue times are near instant, while survivor queue times are an eternity. That means there simply aren't many killers left compared to even a few months ago.

    Yup. Whether or not Ruin was OP before or not doesn't actually matter. The severe withdrawal of people playing killer, even just casually (green ranks let's say), has been drastic.

    It's more the psychological effect about perceived loss of power. While maybe the top 5-10% of killers acknowledge that there are work arounds, the other 90% feel like you just stripped them of the one thing that allows them to get a running start. Now? Disempowered they'll go play something else. Almost every killer realized that "if ruin got me 1 hook before it broke it did its job", and that's true. If it got you a hook, it gave you just enough time to start a bit of pressure. High pressure and mobility killers always had an advantage, but now they're some of the only killers that will be viable to most of the playerbase unless extremely skilled.

    Before anyone asks, I'm red rank survivor on both ps4 and pc, and have been red rank on killer on both as well (not currently). If a survivor main can acknowledge that Ruin was perfectly fine before, certainly BHVR can. Or you know, not.

  • @BaldursGate2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000924#Comment_1000924

    You don't need it maybe, but other people and certain killers need it. There is no git gut, when the game is over in 5 minutes, because the maps are too big, still there are god windows in disturbed ward // wretched shop etc. Ruin could at least balance the bad map design for a couple of minutes, but that is gone. I am quiete sure, we will see much more people running NOED and Mori now, plus tunneling // camping // slugging will be more common. Funny times await, especially for the target audiance of new players, that will suffer even more, as they did about ruin.

    Sorry for the double post, but he also hits the nail on the head. The maps are absolutely enormous, pressuring the entire map unless high mobility is near impossible, leaving most killers to set up a three gen lock which to many players is far more frustrating than a Ruin.

  • @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky said:

    If you start to see your playerbase drop or an increase of sweaty/toxic plays or an increase of players throwing games, from the killers, after the changes go through with ruin...

    Please, pleassssssse don't act all awe and shock or even surprised when it happens, you put this on yourself.

    How can the devs see an increase of sweaty/toxic plays if the huge majority of bhvr is rank 20 and can't experience what is actually happening during red ranks (ofc, rank doesn't matter that much since potatoes are there aswell. But if you want to see sweat and toxicity u wont see that in grey ranks).

  • @Vancold said:

    ######### whiny (and noobish) killer base: "Ruin is useless lol. Totems placement is a joke, EVERY GAME my hex gets destroyed in the first 30 seconds. RUIN IS USELESS, BOIS."

    Also ######### whiny (and noobish) killer base: "Ruin gone? GG Behaviour, your company will fall and you'll lose million of dollars because I say so! (lol)"

    Sincerly, a killer main.

    Even tho it lasts just 30 seconds or just 1 minute, it's already good enough for early game.

    That perk which blocks gens (forgot name) can be outplayed quite easy by stealthing the timer down. With ruin it doesn't happen. Either they work on gens or they run around search it. That's the difference.

  • @a_good_player said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000939#Comment_1000939

    Yeah, that's what i said. If you weren't a rank 20 you would have known what it means.

    Rank 1 killer but ok

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000706#Comment_1000706

    Bad survivors: Omg nerf ruin it's too hard to hit skill checks and find the totem!

    *Ruin gets nerfed*

    Also bad survivors: Killers quit complaining just GIT GUD and ADAPT!

    I wish I was joking but that's actually what has happened.

    Absolutely nobody on the forums, besides some trolls, was complaining about ruin.

  • Im actually happy about this, since I turn to play Killer since Sep 2019, I enjoy clicking Find a match to instantly find 4 Survivors.

  • @a_good_player said:

    You guys definitely make it too apocalyptic. Ruin wasn't that great of a perk even before the nerf: you cannot rely on a hex perk. Just play whitout it and learn to apply pressure.

    Put pressure on the trapper, Myers, GF, Leatherface,clown, wraith, doctor.... hahahahah its funny this. Do you want us to put pressure uhhh? Billys insta saw, Huntress with insta down, spirit with strong addons, do you want that? HAHAHA

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    Honestly,since some people (toxic people) left cuz of ruin,we will have less toxic people in the game!

    I don't think survivors quit because of ruin nerf.

  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1001216#Comment_1001216

    Sorry if you got butthurt by my words. Will mute you from now on since real talk obviously isnt your thing.

    Dont forget to cry when GF rework kicks in.

    Don't forget to cry during queue

1 2 3