You took all my fun and its not funny anymore

I play survivor more (currently rank 1). I have also enjoyed playing killer and I was at rank 1 multiple times. But I always had one issue with the game. When I faced organized teams or solos then those games went by just too quickly. It was rare at first but then more and more survivors became experienced with the game and the percentage of fast games has risen up. I play on Frankfurt server and believe me when I tell you that there are currently so many teams and experienced players on high ranks that it becomes very stressful playing as killer.

But I always had a relief. There were some options if you wanted to be at least a scary killer. I always enjoyed playing the Nurse..she felt so strong. But then you nerfed her and I cant play her anymore, Im just not good enough..ok. There was always the option to choose the Silent Spirit and enjoy people jumping from gens and feeling terrified. That was so much fun. Probalby the most fun I have ever had as a killer. But then you nerfed her. So what else to do to be a scary killer? Oh, I know! Prolong the game as long as possible! Freddy had some very good addons for that and it was fun playing him because he countered genrush. But then you nerfed him.

And I was already very sad. Allt the fun killer options gone, number of fast games increased again. Now we have 7 totally underpowered killers (or so) and what is your next step? You are nerfing Ruin. So thats why you have lost me..I loved this game and I hope I will love it again one day..now I just cant.

Comments

  • Watch out, people will say nurse and spirit barely got nerfed and that freddy was too good. I agree 100% though

  • Why should you have fun at the expense of 4 other people? Who’s gonna spend more money on the game, 4 of them or 1 of you?

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    Why should you have fun at the expense of 4 other people? Who’s gonna spend more money on the game, 4 of them or 1 of you?

    I agree with chainsaw but you also need to remember killers are four times as important as survivors as you need killers to play the game without a killer you four survivors don't get a game

  • @Murcielago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988654#Comment_988654

    I agree with chainsaw but you also need to remember killers are four times as important as survivors as you need killers to play the game without a killer you four survivors don't get a game

    @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988654#Comment_988654

    Ruin didn't destroy the fun of 4 other people unless they were complete babies. When I play with my friends it's just like "Oh he has Ruin, cool. I'm gonna do this gen." and then my other friend like 1 minute later says "Oh I found his totem, bye bye Ruin."

    Plus it's asymmetrical so yeah...at some point I do expect fun at the expense of others. That's how most multiplayer games work.

    It was sarcasm, since it wasn’t so obvious.

  • @JohnyBlood said:

    I play survivor more (currently rank 1). I have also enjoyed playing killer and I was at rank 1 multiple times. But I always had one issue with the game. When I faced organized teams or solos then those games went by just too quickly. It was rare at first but then more and more survivors became experienced with the game and the percentage of fast games has risen up. I play on Frankfurt server and believe me when I tell you that there are currently so many teams and experienced players on high ranks that it becomes very stressful playing as killer.

    But I always had a relief. There were some options if you wanted to be at least a scary killer. I always enjoyed playing the Nurse..she felt so strong. But then you nerfed her and I cant play her anymore, Im just not good enough..ok. There was always the option to choose the Silent Spirit and enjoy people jumping from gens and feeling terrified. That was so much fun. Probalby the most fun I have ever had as a killer. But then you nerfed her. So what else to do to be a scary killer? Oh, I know! Prolong the game as long as possible! Freddy had some very good addons for that and it was fun playing him because he countered genrush. But then you nerfed him.

    And I was already very sad. Allt the fun killer options gone, number of fast games increased again. Now we have 7 totally underpowered killers (or so) and what is your next step? You are nerfing Ruin. So thats why you have lost me..I loved this game and I hope I will love it again one day..now I just cant.

    New ruin is better than old, so I don’t see why you complain about it. Also, many killer mains such as Otz and tru3 shown that killers who was called “weak” in red ranks are actually viable. I play killer as Myers and usually going up against teams being 4-1 with me getting a 3k or more each game. I honestly don’t see the problem with gens going “too fast” because I will always end up getting a 2k at least in those situation. So when I hear people complain as a survivor or killer, I don’t get how you guys make it out to be so stressful or too difficult as if you can’t put yourself in lower ranks if you are finding it too hard. There are many other killer mains capable of handling red rank lobby which is why the devs shown a graph of all killers getting above a 2k in red rank lobby.

  • Nurse's nerf was extremely terrible. She literally went from the #1 or 2 spot to bottom tier in the rankings. It was not a justified change.

    That said, both Freddy and Spirit needed the tweaks to their add-ons, because they were simply unfair. Spirit, like Nurse, only should've had their addons changed. Why go straight for the basekit when that's not the problem?

  • So you only have fun as long as other do not have fun. Very mature.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    So you only have fun as long as other do not have fun. Very mature.

    It's nothing to do with other's fun. Nerfing nurse and spirit didn't change anything, i don't have more fun now then i did before. Sure, some of nurses addons were broken, and prayer beads sucked, but they also ######### with the basekit. For no reason. It's taking away his fun exclusively. Nerfing something doesn't make it more fun for the other side, it just sucks for the person using it. If something is BROKEN, it should be nerfed, and if it's so weak it's never used, it should be buffed. There haven't been any buffs though, other than the Freddy rework. Survivors haven't been buffed except for kindred, and killers have been getting pointless nerfs for a while. Doc rework for survivor's fun, at the doctors expense. He's getting weaker after already being one of the weakest, because he was "annoying". That is something being changed, one person's fun at the expense of another's. Nurse got nerfed, and now i hardly see them. I actually had alot of fun going against Nurse's, it's not a case of their fun vs my fun. When she got nerfed, it took away the killer's fun, and in a way, took away mine as well, since i see nurse less often, and she's really cool and fun to go against. Spirit isn't any more fun to face now that she's nerfed. It's not a matter of fun, they are just over nerfing things. The pink instant heal isn't worth being pink anymore, a 16 second heal, it will only help you in a chase if you already have a huge advantage, and the purple heal is better than the syringe now. Legion got pointlessly nerfed to clear the way for nemesis. Doctor stuns himself longer than he stuns survivors now, although i think they will fix that.


    Basically, not every change is a matter of fun, everytime they do something, they over do it.

  • @JohnyBlood said:

    I play survivor more (currently rank 1). I have also enjoyed playing killer and I was at rank 1 multiple times. But I always had one issue with the game. When I faced organized teams or solos then those games went by just too quickly. It was rare at first but then more and more survivors became experienced with the game and the percentage of fast games has risen up. I play on Frankfurt server and believe me when I tell you that there are currently so many teams and experienced players on high ranks that it becomes very stressful playing as killer.

    But I always had a relief. There were some options if you wanted to be at least a scary killer. I always enjoyed playing the Nurse..she felt so strong. But then you nerfed her and I cant play her anymore, Im just not good enough..ok. There was always the option to choose the Silent Spirit and enjoy people jumping from gens and feeling terrified. That was so much fun. Probalby the most fun I have ever had as a killer. But then you nerfed her. So what else to do to be a scary killer? Oh, I know! Prolong the game as long as possible! Freddy had some very good addons for that and it was fun playing him because he countered genrush. But then you nerfed him.

    And I was already very sad. Allt the fun killer options gone, number of fast games increased again. Now we have 7 totally underpowered killers (or so) and what is your next step? You are nerfing Ruin. So thats why you have lost me..I loved this game and I hope I will love it again one day..now I just cant.

    I 100% agree. Nerfing ruin with the last straw, I will never play killer again, and honestly with the survivor games taking so long to load, I'm just done. I'm deleting the game and never worrying about it again.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988654#Comment_988654

    Ruin didn't destroy the fun of 4 other people unless they were complete babies. When I play with my friends it's just like "Oh he has Ruin, cool. I'm gonna do this gen." and then my other friend like 1 minute later says "Oh I found his totem, bye bye Ruin."

    Plus it's asymmetrical so yeah...at some point I do expect fun at the expense of others. That's how most multiplayer games work.

    It did

  • @TomCJax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119713/you-took-all-my-fun-and-its-not-funny-anymore

    I 100% agree. Nerfing ruin with the last straw, I will never play killer again, and honestly with the survivor games taking so long to load, I'm just done. I'm deleting the game and never worrying about it again. But seriously ######### you BHVR for screwing up something that was actually pretty enjoyable.

    Ruin suck

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119713/you-took-all-my-fun-and-its-not-funny-anymore

    New ruin is better than old, so I don’t see why you complain about it. Also, many killer mains such as Otz and tru3 shown that killers who was called “weak” in red ranks are actually viable. I play killer as Myers and usually going up against teams being 4-1 with me getting a 3k or more each game. I honestly don’t see the problem with gens going “too fast” because I will always end up getting a 2k at least in those situation. So when I hear people complain as a survivor or killer, I don’t get how you guys make it out to be so stressful or too difficult as if you can’t put yourself in lower ranks if you are finding it too hard. There are many other killer mains capable of handling red rank lobby which is why the devs shown a graph of all killers getting above a 2k in red rank lobby.

    Yes new is better than old.

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119713/you-took-all-my-fun-and-its-not-funny-anymore

    New ruin is better than old, so I don’t see why you complain about it. Also, many killer mains such as Otz and tru3 shown that killers who was called “weak” in red ranks are actually viable. I play killer as Myers and usually going up against teams being 4-1 with me getting a 3k or more each game. I honestly don’t see the problem with gens going “too fast” because I will always end up getting a 2k at least in those situation. So when I hear people complain as a survivor or killer, I don’t get how you guys make it out to be so stressful or too difficult as if you can’t put yourself in lower ranks if you are finding it too hard. There are many other killer mains capable of handling red rank lobby which is why the devs shown a graph of all killers getting above a 2k in red rank lobby.

    I think the biggest issue here is killers want easy 4K games that take no skill. It’s harsh but true. Many have proven all killers can be viable with practice. Devs have said a good game is two escape and two die, but that’s not how it’s been for a long time.

    I get pipping is hard with two kills, and that should be fixed. But the bottom like of all this anger over ruin is that many killer mains just aren’t that skilled as they never had to be, and they don’t want to work towards being better.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/989148#Comment_989148

    When you figure out a solution to help killers not have 3 generators not popping within the first minute of the match, or having two generators pop because they spawned in Red Forest in the opposite corner of survivors and said generators pop before they can physically get there, you let me know.

    But nah, I guess because I don't want that to happen, that desires makes me a crappy unskilled entitled killer main who wants a sweaty 4k. Yay. /s

    Don't you think if killers truly wanted easy 4ks, that moris would be ran a hell of a lot more than they are?

    Yeah but they want points too and Moris really zap the points earned.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/989172#Comment_989172

    So killers don't want an easy 4k then.

    You can't say they want an easy 4k but claim they want points. The two completely contradict each other.

    Did you also know that nobody gets many points when generators are done in 4 minutes and the survivors are out the exit gates by 5 and only two people got hooked the entire game?

    You can want both. I know I do when I main killer. I aim for a 4K and I want a butt load of points. Why wouldn’t I? I love a competitive game but don’t care for when it’s too hard either. I’m being honest.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/989172#Comment_989172

    So killers don't want an easy 4k then.

    You can't say they want an easy 4k but claim they want points. The two completely contradict each other.

    Did you also know that nobody gets many points when generators are done in 4 minutes and the survivors are out the exit gates by 5 and only two people got hooked the entire game?

    That's why running a BP build is better than trying to get sacrifices. Fast game = no sweat from me, survivors get to barely see me and escape just like they want, but I still get the most points while they had to do the ######### work of completing gens (god, I've gotten so bored with gens as a survivor).

    But yeah, wanting an easy 4k and wanting to get points are two completely contradictory things. Getting points requires playing with your food, which is the opposite of playing efficiently.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/989187#Comment_989187

    That's you.

    You do not speak for everybody, and you certainly do not speak for me. "Fun" is subjective. What you find fun, may not be fun for everybody else.

    I do not find stomping survivors and getting a 4k in a couple minutes fun. Nor do I find it fun to be able to rush the killer in 4 minutes and be out the exit gates by 5 with having maybe 15 seconds of interaction with the killer player the entire game. And I can certainly say that I do not find it fun when I am the killer and that happens to me, which it very frequently does, because many of the killers I like to play are low tier killers like Clown, Trapper and Wraith.

    I can say with certainty as well that I do not like having two of my generators pop before I literally can even do anything about it. That's why I ran Ruin, even when it was frequently popped in the first 45 seconds of the match, because at least it made half of my matches a little bit more enjoyable and not end in 5 or 6 minutes.

    Not because I wanted an easy 4k.

    Not because I suck at the game.

    Not because I'm unskilled.

    But because I found games ending more than 5 or 6 minutes to be more enjoyable. For everyone.

    There are many survivors who find matches ending in 5 or 6 minutes to be unenjoyable too, and they as well do not want Ruin to be nerfed because they know that the time for survivors to complete generators is way too fast.

    I never said I spoke for you. I sense you’re triggered by me saying certain killers are unskilled, which leads me to believe this may be an insecurity you have? Most people don’t take things to heart unless it hits home. Feels bad man.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/989212#Comment_989212

    Oh, here we go with the "you must be insecure" strawman argument. Let us dance to this song again, shall we?

    "I think the biggest issue here is killers want easy 4K games that take no skill. It’s harsh but true."

    "...But the bottom like of all this anger over ruin is that many killer mains just aren’t that skilled as they never had to be, and they don’t want to work towards being better."

    If that doesn't come across as trying to put down a specific group of people or attempting to demean them by calling them bad/unskilled and just wanting to try and get an easy pass, then feel free to elaborate on what you actually mean, because that's what it feels like to me.

    Well you latched onto my comment for a reason. Think about it. If I said something you were 100% sure didn’t apply to you, you would have kept it moving, but you responded. So why is that? It’s psych 101.

    Also I said “many killers”, not all, so why did you take it upon yourself to reply unless you think you’re one of the “many” I was referring to

    Would it help if I said I’m sure you’re an amazing killer and didn’t rely on crutch perks to play the game? That the devs are idiots who ruined the game?

  • If you really think Nurse got nerfed into unviability, you either play on console or was never good with her without the additional blinks. Spirit was also not nerfed to oblivion, they literally toned down her overpowered addons. It's called balancing the game, friend. Same reason Balanced Landing got nerfed, and instaheals were removed. This is just sad.

  • The devs refuse to admit that optimal survivors are a problem balance-wise.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/989252#Comment_989252

    Many reasons:

    1. I don't agree with your opinion, and so I made a debating argument against it.
    2. You claimed your opinion is "the truth", when I've seen many arguments, reasons, as well as factual data showing that it is not "the truth" at all. It's an opinion anyways, and therefore cannot be fact. Claiming this is about as bogus as the claim BHVR made about the reasons Killers ran Ruin was for their gatekeeper emblem, which is clearly not the case or people wouldn't be so upset Ruin is being nerfed despite said emblem being changed. It's just simply not true.
    3. Your "truth" and view contradicts my reasons why I'm upset about Ruin getting nerfed, so I said as such.
    4. Many of the people who showed that killers without Ruin can be viable, have also shown why Ruin is ran and sometimes is even a necessity in the first place.
    5. Your argument came off as rude and demeaning to a particular group of players who play this game, and I don't agree with that, either.

    Those five reasons are why I posted against your argument.

    Well that’s very well thought out. Well as with opinions, we will have to agree to disagree. Personally I think ruin is needed at red ranks, but I get why BHVR nerfed it with the game as it is right now.

    That being said, I also like a challenge and don’t mind adapting to not using it. I stand by the notion there are many players who aren’t good and have relied on crutch perks to play, and have ranked up doing so (both sides). I’ve seen it more than not, especially lately. If you’re going to be at red ranks, which is best of best, you should be great at the game. Right now there’s too many players who have ranked up highly without developing any real skill, mainly due to crutch perks or swf.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    Why should you have fun at the expense of 4 other people? Who’s gonna spend more money on the game, 4 of them or 1 of you?

    Those 4 people are gonna have their fun sitting in lobbies if we aren’t careful. I’m trying not to take sides on the Ruin change one way or another, but just looking at the community reaction tells me that we may be at a tipping point here.


    .

    ”woooooo! Finally got a game! That was was a horrendous wait time!”

    -dodge-

  • @yobuddd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988654#Comment_988654

    Those 4 people are gonna have their fun sitting in lobbies if we aren’t careful. I’m trying not to take sides on the Ruin change one way or another, but just looking at the community reaction tells me that we may be at a tipping point here.

    .

    ”woooooo! Finally got a game! That was was a horrendous wait time!”

    -dodge-

    I'm already playing less, one of the reasons being the survivor queue times.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    Watch out, people will say nurse and spirit barely got nerfed and that freddy was too good. I agree 100% though

    I main r1 spirit. Never relied on collision. 4k in nearly all my games. I rely 80 percent of my hits on her phasing alone without ruin or pop or bbq. And I'm a surv main by far. So I find it laughable actual killer mains act like she was really nerfed. Is it pure bias? Ignorance? Just being bad? Idk. But I know you're wrong. She was barely nerfed.

  • @yobuddd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988654#Comment_988654

    Those 4 people are gonna have their fun sitting in lobbies if we aren’t careful. I’m trying not to take sides on the Ruin change one way or another, but just looking at the community reaction tells me that we may be at a tipping point here.

    .

    ”woooooo! Finally got a game! That was was a horrendous wait time!”

    -dodge-

    We are talking about a game where survs used to get sprint burst twice in 1 chase, 3x as many pallets, infinites, insta ds, insta blinds. Insta bnps. Self care could be used mid chase. Pallets had massive vaccume.

    Sorry but killers have dealt with faaar worse. Do killers realize how bad they used to have it compared to now? Or am I reading from new killers?

  • Simply put it, survivors are spoiled.

    Nurse: Fun killer to play, most skillful character in the game, was a challenge on both sides. But survivor's were too lazy to find counter play

    Spirit" Fun killer, difficult to use a first, probably had the funnest build in the game. But survivor's were too lazy to listen for her footsteps or crows, or to see grass moving, or to use Spine Chill to detect her, because Prayer Beads was to scary to deal with

    I get what your saying homie but put it simple, survivor's are spoiled and if they can't escape or if it isn't fun to them. They complain

  • @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988899#Comment_988899

    I think the biggest issue here is killers want easy 4K games that take no skill. It’s harsh but true. Many have proven all killers can be viable with practice. Devs have said a good game is two escape and two die, but that’s not how it’s been for a long time.

    I get pipping is hard with two kills, and that should be fixed. But the bottom like of all this anger over ruin is that many killer mains just aren’t that skilled as they never had to be, and they don’t want to work towards being better.

    So survivors can have it easy but not killers?

  • @JohnyBlood said:

    I play survivor more (currently rank 1). I have also enjoyed playing killer and I was at rank 1 multiple times. But I always had one issue with the game. When I faced organized teams or solos then those games went by just too quickly. It was rare at first but then more and more survivors became experienced with the game and the percentage of fast games has risen up. I play on Frankfurt server and believe me when I tell you that there are currently so many teams and experienced players on high ranks that it becomes very stressful playing as killer.

    But I always had a relief. There were some options if you wanted to be at least a scary killer. I always enjoyed playing the Nurse..she felt so strong. But then you nerfed her and I cant play her anymore, Im just not good enough..ok. There was always the option to choose the Silent Spirit and enjoy people jumping from gens and feeling terrified. That was so much fun. Probalby the most fun I have ever had as a killer. But then you nerfed her. So what else to do to be a scary killer? Oh, I know! Prolong the game as long as possible! Freddy had some very good addons for that and it was fun playing him because he countered genrush. But then you nerfed him.

    And I was already very sad. Allt the fun killer options gone, number of fast games increased again. Now we have 7 totally underpowered killers (or so) and what is your next step? You are nerfing Ruin. So thats why you have lost me..I loved this game and I hope I will love it again one day..now I just cant.

    I see what you mean this is meant to be a horror game but it just ain't scary enough now I'm a survivor main (purple rank) and I just don't find it a scary game I just find it a game to play in don't really know what kind of game I can call it I ain't been playing long but my brother has and he used to find it scary so I found know what the devastating have to do but they ain't doing it they trying to make the game even but in my opinion I think ruin is a ######### of a perk there should be a way to slow a game down but I find ruin the wrog way it gets so boring with ruin so they have to fix it but they do need to add a way for more easier ways to slow a game down and how to make it more enjoyable for killers and survivors. Stop trying to even it out and make the game a gAmerican people can enjoy

  • @siren_sorceress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/989331#Comment_989331

    We are talking about a game where survs used to get sprint burst twice in 1 chase, 3x as many pallets, infinites, insta ds, insta blinds. Insta bnps. Self care could be used mid chase. Pallets had massive vaccume.

    Sorry but killers have dealt with faaar worse. Do killers realize how bad they used to have it compared to now? Or am I reading from new killers?

    Quite true, when i first started i had the game on release, immediately got 4 survivors going through windows, i couldnt do anything so i dropped the game for nearly a year, and now after all the changes and having to constantly fight for a more fair setup, killers finally only have to deal with one or two god loops that killers cant do anything about as well as massive maps that make low mobility killers have a bad time, 3/5ths of the generators able to be done by first chase and so on. Yeah things are "better" but now that we got a legitimate way to deal with survivors, now the complaints are " BURT MUH HEALZ ARENT INSTANT, CURMPIN TOO STRONK, WHY AM I BEING TUNNELED PPLLLLZZZ NUUURRRFF"

    TLDR Fankly im fine with most changes but dont say "hey be grateful things arent as bad as they used to be" as an excuse because everyone can do it.

  • @JohnyBlood said:

    I play survivor more (currently rank 1). I have also enjoyed playing killer and I was at rank 1 multiple times. But I always had one issue with the game. When I faced organized teams or solos then those games went by just too quickly. It was rare at first but then more and more survivors became experienced with the game and the percentage of fast games has risen up. I play on Frankfurt server and believe me when I tell you that there are currently so many teams and experienced players on high ranks that it becomes very stressful playing as killer.

    But I always had a relief. There were some options if you wanted to be at least a scary killer. I always enjoyed playing the Nurse..she felt so strong. But then you nerfed her and I cant play her anymore, Im just not good enough..ok. There was always the option to choose the Silent Spirit and enjoy people jumping from gens and feeling terrified. That was so much fun. Probalby the most fun I have ever had as a killer. But then you nerfed her. So what else to do to be a scary killer? Oh, I know! Prolong the game as long as possible! Freddy had some very good addons for that and it was fun playing him because he countered genrush. But then you nerfed him.

    And I was already very sad. Allt the fun killer options gone, number of fast games increased again. Now we have 7 totally underpowered killers (or so) and what is your next step? You are nerfing Ruin. So thats why you have lost me..I loved this game and I hope I will love it again one day..now I just cant.

    I feel you

  • @siren_sorceress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/989331#Comment_989331

    We are talking about a game where survs used to get sprint burst twice in 1 chase, 3x as many pallets, infinites, insta ds, insta blinds. Insta bnps. Self care could be used mid chase. Pallets had massive vaccume.

    Sorry but killers have dealt with faaar worse. Do killers realize how bad they used to have it compared to now? Or am I reading from new killers?

    You’re not wrong, not at all. Yes, I believe many people are new-ish players (about a year and a half for me), but that’s not even the biggest issue.

    The problem is that the game has come to be so polarizing. Are you Team S or Team K? The devs are now in a “political” situation where no matter what little thing you do (or if you do nothing at all), half the community will hate you for it.

    We're seeing such volatile reactions right now because they’re heavily editing what has been a staple perk for so long. Generally people hate change anyway, but this is a change to what is seen as a bandaid to a core issue (gen speeds) without addressing that core issue. This is why people are losing their minds. Already I’m seeing posts about queue times becoming problematic

    In all, there’s actually a lot of interesting psychology to observe here. Just about everyone, on every side of the argument, has valid points they’ve made as well. Guess we’ll just have to watch and see how this all plays out. The devs would do well to thoroughly consider their next few actions and even comments to the community until people have adjusted.

  • Playing with nurse required a lot of practice and time, and once you mastered her you get a huge reward that is being OP in trials.

    I never managed to play with nurse, she seemed too hard to master and almost always died at trials against her but I respected the killer that mastered her as I knew how much work needed to properly use her.

    Now it is less wasteful to just play as another killer, that made nurse a rare sight in trials and much less lethal.

  • How is forever Freddy fun for anyone other than Freddy? Lol

  • I agree, but forever freddy and prayer beads spirit were complete bullshit. I'm glad it's gone, it was not healthy for the game.

  • Only survivors are supposed to have fun. The killer must be a toy for survivors, something they can put on a leash and control the entire match.

    They couldn't control old Nurse, Spirit with Prayer beads, and Ruin was just not fun because they couldn't masturbate on a gen. They wanted it to be a late game perk so it won't get much benefit for killers. Much more fun for survivors.

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119713/you-took-all-my-fun-and-its-not-funny-anymore

    New ruin is better than old, so I don’t see why you complain about it. Also, many killer mains such as Otz and tru3 shown that killers who was called “weak” in red ranks are actually viable. I play killer as Myers and usually going up against teams being 4-1 with me getting a 3k or more each game. I honestly don’t see the problem with gens going “too fast” because I will always end up getting a 2k at least in those situation. So when I hear people complain as a survivor or killer, I don’t get how you guys make it out to be so stressful or too difficult as if you can’t put yourself in lower ranks if you are finding it too hard. There are many other killer mains capable of handling red rank lobby which is why the devs shown a graph of all killers getting above a 2k in red rank lobby.

    The new ruin is definitely better than the old. If you're a survivor.

  • @DexyIV said:

    If you really think Nurse got nerfed into unviability, you either play on console or was never good with her without the additional blinks. Spirit was also not nerfed to oblivion, they literally toned down her overpowered addons. It's called balancing the game, friend. Same reason Balanced Landing got nerfed, and instaheals were removed. This is just sad.

    They toned down her addons and made the other ones memes. Not to mention her new charge system makes traversing the maps clunky. Friend. So she feels horrific to play. Buddy. It's called "overdoing the balancing in favor of keeping one side happy". Comrade. Or does game feel only matter for survivors?

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119713/you-took-all-my-fun-and-its-not-funny-anymore

    New ruin is better than old, so I don’t see why you complain about it. Also, many killer mains such as Otz and tru3 shown that killers who was called “weak” in red ranks are actually viable. I play killer as Myers and usually going up against teams being 4-1 with me getting a 3k or more each game. I honestly don’t see the problem with gens going “too fast” because I will always end up getting a 2k at least in those situation. So when I hear people complain as a survivor or killer, I don’t get how you guys make it out to be so stressful or too difficult as if you can’t put yourself in lower ranks if you are finding it too hard. There are many other killer mains capable of handling red rank lobby which is why the devs shown a graph of all killers getting above a 2k in red rank lobby.

    I dont see how new ruin isn't worse than the current one we still have. I only have it on a couple of killers as a result of prestiging right now and I have to deal with games where no matter how fast I'm hooking survivors I'm always at 1-2 gens. This of course being a result of gen speed and bad map design making chases and finding survivors harder with larger maps like Temple and their long loops. Weak killers struggle with early pressure which ruin helped provide. Now we need new alternatives like corrupt intervention. Also the stats the devs posted are actually super inaccurate and the devs themselves acknowledged this so dont use them. Also how is new ruin better than the one we still got?


  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119713/you-took-all-my-fun-and-its-not-funny-anymore

    New ruin is better than old, so I don’t see why you complain about it. Also, many killer mains such as Otz and tru3 shown that killers who was called “weak” in red ranks are actually viable. I play killer as Myers and usually going up against teams being 4-1 with me getting a 3k or more each game. I honestly don’t see the problem with gens going “too fast” because I will always end up getting a 2k at least in those situation. So when I hear people complain as a survivor or killer, I don’t get how you guys make it out to be so stressful or too difficult as if you can’t put yourself in lower ranks if you are finding it too hard. There are many other killer mains capable of handling red rank lobby which is why the devs shown a graph of all killers getting above a 2k in red rank lobby.

    You really can't use two of the better DBD streamers out there as evidence of a killer's viability. Otz is probably the best Trapper in the game, and tru3's playstyle was already conducive to a hit and run playstyle with Wraith and Ghost. For that matter, you could compare my gameplay footage of a Hag match against my Billy and think Hag is really strong, even though most would perform better on Billy. It all depends on the specific skillsets of streamers as to how well they can perform with off-meta killers. I don't believe that should be the basis for balance though.

  • @Jacksansyboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988948#Comment_988948

    It's nothing to do with other's fun. Nerfing nurse and spirit didn't change anything, i don't have more fun now then i did before. Sure, some of nurses addons were broken, and prayer beads sucked, but they also ######### with the basekit. For no reason. It's taking away his fun exclusively. Nerfing something doesn't make it more fun for the other side, it just sucks for the person using it. If something is BROKEN, it should be nerfed, and if it's so weak it's never used, it should be buffed. There haven't been any buffs though, other than the Freddy rework. Survivors haven't been buffed except for kindred, and killers have been getting pointless nerfs for a while. Doc rework for survivor's fun, at the doctors expense. He's getting weaker after already being one of the weakest, because he was "annoying". That is something being changed, one person's fun at the expense of another's. Nurse got nerfed, and now i hardly see them. I actually had alot of fun going against Nurse's, it's not a case of their fun vs my fun. When she got nerfed, it took away the killer's fun, and in a way, took away mine as well, since i see nurse less often, and she's really cool and fun to go against. Spirit isn't any more fun to face now that she's nerfed. It's not a matter of fun, they are just over nerfing things. The pink instant heal isn't worth being pink anymore, a 16 second heal, it will only help you in a chase if you already have a huge advantage, and the purple heal is better than the syringe now. Legion got pointlessly nerfed to clear the way for nemesis. Doctor stuns himself longer than he stuns survivors now, although i think they will fix that.

    Basically, not every change is a matter of fun, everytime they do something, they over do it.

    Nurse basekit wasnt fair at all, thats why she got nerfed rightfully. Spirit got nerfed cause of the same matter, thus shes still annoying cause the main factor wasnt even touched. Doctor doesnt event get any nerfs, he isnt any worse than before. Those changes were totally right.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    Watch out, people will say nurse and spirit barely got nerfed and that freddy was too good. I agree 100% though

    All of those are correct tho, maybe not freddy, but the add-ons that got nerfed were a bit annoying to go against.

  • I was always curious why in certain events which required the survivors to complete blighted gens that ruin would be used. In addition, I had to stop using the perk that breaks a hook after being unhooked (one of Jakes I think) as the Killer thought I was deliberately targeting his blighted hooks.

    Perhaps having crows gather and squawk when more than one player is working a gen as a general thing (not a perk) would slow down gen repairs? I accept the counter would be the animal calming perk.

  • @PoppaThanners said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988899#Comment_988899

    I dont see how new ruin isn't worse than the current one we still have. I only have it on a couple of killers as a result of prestiging right now and I have to deal with games where no matter how fast I'm hooking survivors I'm always at 1-2 gens. This of course being a result of gen speed and bad map design making chases and finding survivors harder with larger maps like Temple and their long loops. Weak killers struggle with early pressure which ruin helped provide. Now we need new alternatives like corrupt intervention. Also the stats the devs posted are actually super inaccurate and the devs themselves acknowledged this so dont use them. Also how is new ruin better than the one we still got?

    New ruin is arguably better than old ruin because it doesn’t rely on rng for you as a killer to hope skill checks appear consistently to slow the gen down. Also, the new ruin ensure that you know that if the survivor doesn’t touch the gen it will constantly get regress. On top of that, you don’t need to worry about optimal survivors who always hit there great skill checks, making it seem as if ruin never even existed to them. So new ruin is more easier, more consistent and better than old.

    Not only that, but it also helps with map pressure because you know that once the survivor gets off the gen, you don’t need to waste time damaging it and also know it is regression. So you don’t need to have the constant thought of thinking if I damage the gen, the survivor will have more distance.

    Moreover, with perks such as sloppy butcher with the addition of you hitting the survivor. You can make it so the survivor waste time healing while the gen is also regression making gen rushing even harder than it was before and giving you as a killer more time.

    Let’s say the survivor still does gens even when they are injured, the chase time will be shorten and you will have a much easier time downing someone. Also, while hooking a survivor you will know that one of them survivor would have to leave there gen in order to go after the hook survivor. Thus making the hen regress and also allowing you to focus on other survivors.

    I honestly don’t see why old ruin is better than new ruin, especially when you can use other perks to support you.

    Gens can go fast, but you forget that killers can also win the game faster than survivors doing gens because there is no fixed timer for a killer to how long a game can last, unlike a survivor team.

  • @SpookyJeff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988899#Comment_988899

    You really can't use two of the better DBD streamers out there as evidence of a killer's viability. Otz is probably the best Trapper in the game, and tru3's playstyle was already conducive to a hit and run playstyle with Wraith and Ghost. For that matter, you could compare my gameplay footage of a Hag match against my Billy and think Hag is really strong, even though most would perform better on Billy. It all depends on the specific skillsets of streamers as to how well they can perform with off-meta killers. I don't believe that should be the basis for balance though.

    The point was to show that if you spend a lot of timer with a killer, you can make any of them look viable.

  • Jesus Christ

    Forever Freddy was fun?

    Like, I get having fun with a killer that's so busted you can't lose if you're half competent with her (Nurse) or with something with no counterplay (Spirit)

    But I just can't see myself having fun by making the game 30 minutes long.

    I'm glad you're not in the balance team

  • @siren_sorceress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/988649#Comment_988649

    I main r1 spirit. Never relied on collision. 4k in nearly all my games. I rely 80 percent of my hits on her phasing alone without ruin or pop or bbq. And I'm a surv main by far. So I find it laughable actual killer mains act like she was really nerfed. Is it pure bias? Ignorance? Just being bad? Idk. But I know you're wrong. She was barely nerfed.

    Rin's nerf was nothing, I can agree to you but you also gotta be aware that there are extreme sound bugs that make her increasingly difficult to use. The devs are aware of these sound bugs but,

    Lets be 💯the devs don't give a damn about killers

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/989737#Comment_989737

    Rin's nerf was nothing, I can agree to you but you also gotta be aware that there are extreme sound bugs that make her increasingly difficult to use. The devs are aware of these sound bugs but,

    Lets be 💯the devs don't give a damn about killers

    Sounds get broken every other patch, are we really surprised here?

    Spirit barely got a slap in the wrist. She still has the same problems she had before.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991368#Comment_991368

    Sounds get broken every other patch, are we really surprised here?

    Spirit barely got a slap in the wrist. She still has the same problems she had before.

    Same problems as before such as? I'm a Nurse main, I don't play Spirit as much

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991373#Comment_991373

    Same problems as before such as? I'm a Nurse main, I don't play Spirit as much

    When sounds are functional, a good killer (with good headphones) will always hear footsteps and regular breathing, so even Iron Will isn't a counter. The way to "counter" her is still simply guessing right every time, which is bad especially considering the guessing games are always in her favor. The only way to reliably beat a good Spirit is by getting a big map and spreading out. All the changes gave us was punishing bad Spirits more imo.

    When sounds are broken she just feels like garbage to play which is obviously also really bad.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/989052#Comment_989052

    Nurse basekit wasnt fair at all, thats why she got nerfed rightfully. Spirit got nerfed cause of the same matter, thus shes still annoying cause the main factor wasnt even touched. Doctor doesnt event get any nerfs, he isnt any worse than before. Those changes were totally right.

    Nurse basekit had nothing wrong with it, she isn't overpowered at all. Spirit also didn't need to be nerfed, people just hated her for no reason. She was out for half a year before anyone said anything about her. Prayer beads were actually broken, so the Devs needed to change that, but they can never touch anything without changing everything about the killer. And Doctor was nerfed, not reworked. He gets stunned longer than the survivor does, making his power better for survivors than himself, and he was nerfed because he was "annoying to play against" not for him to get buffed for being the weakest killer.

‹ 1 2