You took all my fun and its not funny anymore

I play survivor more (currently rank 1). I have also enjoyed playing killer and I was at rank 1 multiple times. But I always had one issue with the game. When I faced organized teams or solos then those games went by just too quickly. It was rare at first but then more and more survivors became experienced with the game and the percentage of fast games has risen up. I play on Frankfurt server and believe me when I tell you that there are currently so many teams and experienced players on high ranks that it becomes very stressful playing as killer.

But I always had a relief. There were some options if you wanted to be at least a scary killer. I always enjoyed playing the Nurse..she felt so strong. But then you nerfed her and I cant play her anymore, Im just not good enough..ok. There was always the option to choose the Silent Spirit and enjoy people jumping from gens and feeling terrified. That was so much fun. Probalby the most fun I have ever had as a killer. But then you nerfed her. So what else to do to be a scary killer? Oh, I know! Prolong the game as long as possible! Freddy had some very good addons for that and it was fun playing him because he countered genrush. But then you nerfed him.

And I was already very sad. Allt the fun killer options gone, number of fast games increased again. Now we have 7 totally underpowered killers (or so) and what is your next step? You are nerfing Ruin. So thats why you have lost me..I loved this game and I hope I will love it again one day..now I just cant.

Comments

  • @SquirrelKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/989744#Comment_989744

    Quite true, when i first started i had the game on release, immediately got 4 survivors going through windows, i couldnt do anything so i dropped the game for nearly a year, and now after all the changes and having to constantly fight for a more fair setup, killers finally only have to deal with one or two god loops that killers cant do anything about as well as massive maps that make low mobility killers have a bad time, 3/5ths of the generators able to be done by first chase and so on. Yeah things are "better" but now that we got a legitimate way to deal with survivors, now the complaints are " BURT MUH HEALZ ARENT INSTANT, CURMPIN TOO STRONK, WHY AM I BEING TUNNELED PPLLLLZZZ NUUURRRFF"

    TLDR Fankly im fine with most changes but dont say "hey be grateful things arent as bad as they used to be" as an excuse because everyone can do it.

    It's not excuse. Its proof the devs have come a long way in nerfing survivors but killers ignore it and act like they only get nerfs and have no issues on their side. It's simply not true. Sorry the devs arent rushing to balance the game around the wraith mains. Killers are 3.5king on average as said by the devs stats. But well conveniently ignore that? The first killer mains asked for so much less and got so much more and now I literally see killers ask everything a surv has to be nerfed. Talk about spoiled.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991386#Comment_991386

    When sounds are functional, a good killer (with good headphones) will always hear footsteps and regular breathing, so even Iron Will isn't a counter. The way to "counter" her is still simply guessing right every time, which is bad especially considering the guessing games are always in her favor. The only way to reliably beat a good Spirit is by getting a big map and spreading out. All the changes gave us was punishing bad Spirits more imo.

    When sounds are broken she just feels like garbage to play which is obviously also really bad.

    Object of obsession is really good against her but that's it. The guessing game or mind games are way in her favor and killers cant seem to grasp that at all. Stealth is strong against her but good luck finding a spirit without radar perks.

    Her sound does seem to be buggy a lot though I always bring Stridor so idk. Some days I can hear survs breathing and other days I cant lol.

  • @siren_sorceress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991393#Comment_991393

    Object of obsession is really good against her but that's it. The guessing game or mind games are way in her favor and killers cant seem to grasp that at all. Stealth is strong against her but good luck finding a spirit without radar perks.

    Her sound does seem to be buggy a lot though I always bring Stridor so idk. Some days I can hear survs breathing and other days I cant lol.

    Yeah that's what people can't grasp. It's all fine and dandy when you play as Spirit because you feel powerful. Playing against her is the opposite of that, it feels like you're waiting for the killer to mess up because that's the only chance you have.

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/989262#Comment_989262

    They toned down her addons and made the other ones memes. Not to mention her new charge system makes traversing the maps clunky. Friend. So she feels horrific to play. Buddy. It's called "overdoing the balancing in favor of keeping one side happy". Comrade. Or does game feel only matter for survivors?

    Wow yeah they totally gutted Nurse. Nerfed addons on a killer that didn't rely on them and still doesn't. You have to wait TWO WHOLE SECONDS more to blink again, which is affected by addons! Totally ruined. Survivors never get nerfed. Killer is dead, absolutely terrible. Quitting the game, devs favor survivors too hard. How will I win without my ebony mori 5 blink Nurse against the dirty genrushers?! You're right, Polychrome Baku. My eyes have been opened.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991483#Comment_991483

    Yeah that's what people can't grasp. It's all fine and dandy when you play as Spirit because you feel powerful. Playing against her is the opposite of that, it feels like you're waiting for the killer to mess up because that's the only chance you have.

    >it feels like you're waiting for the killer to mess up because that's the only chance you have

    Holy hell, it feels just like playing a lot of the killers against strong survivors! You just wait for them to mess up or eat all the pallets on the map. I guess, that's what is so appealing about Spirit, she reverses that feeling of control.

1 2 ›