The dark age of DbD is coming

If these Nurses changes go through, all people will see at red ranks will be Spirit, which means she will eventually get a """slight change""". SWF will dominate red ranks and killers playing something else instead of Spirit will get destroyed.

If this happens but Spirit does not get her """slight change""" like the nurse, people will start using the anti spirit build (Iron will, spine chill, etc) making her a little girl with a shiny stick.

And thats how you nerf the two reliable killers in one change. Good luck killing someone at red ranks

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743229#Comment_743229

    The taste makers have spoken. Honestly, I don't like this game. I find it not fun and boring. Blew a bunch of money on it and it's DLC so I feel kind of obligated to try to like it every once in a while. But, I find complaining about it the forums to be more engaging than actually playing it most of the times. It's like a case study of the psychology of an extremely broken game.

    I would love it if this game was a lot more like a slasher movie; like Friday the 13Th. That game is everything this game isn't. If that game was programmed better and still getting updates; I'd be playing it instead of this. But, I have a friend who keeps dragging me back to this game because he wants to play it.

    Survivors attacked and limping should move slower because, they're limping and that's what a human body does when it's limping. It doesn't burst across the stage and then move the same speed as normal after. There should be stamina to cut down the looping. People get tired. There is no reason loops should last forever. If you run three circles, you should be winded and not able to run without standing still to recharge. The entire hook thing is a joke. These are slasher characters. They should be able to skip the giant get out of jail free card and just be able to slash the Survivors to death like Jason does in Friday the 13Th.

    The game should be hide and seek, not freeze tag. Friday the 13Th nailed that, and balanced for voice chat. This game is not balanced for voice chat and the hook system and loops feel more like freeze tag than hide and seek.

    I don't understand why this game is so popular. But, I keep meeting friends and they keep wanting to play this because it is popular.

    I think part of its popularity is that it hand-holds and babies the Survivors. Surviviors want hallow victories to feel good about. Not well fought for victories. DBD Survivors are the people who played Friday the 13Th for 5 matches, got their asses handed to them in the first three minutes of every game, and then wrote a bad review.

    Friday the 13Th gives Jason and the Campers a way to counter everything the other can do to the other. So whatever side wins did so by fighting for it with skill. DBD is an M1 Survivor that doesn't even switch up skill check buttons and the entire defense stratedgy is to run in literal circles while other players hold M1 to finish the 1 main objective. (Hatch being a secondary last resort escape option.)

    Wow, your really do drink the YouTube Kool Aid like no tomorrow.

    Everything you said about this game is just regurgitated tripe from Streamers.

    And it's hilarious because you don't even like this game, yet still play it like a sheep drinking Kool Aid! The game is popular only because the developers are survivor-sided? Give me a break. Anyone who looks at the patch note history can tell you there's been a ton of survivor nerfs in the past three years, far more than killer nerfs.

    I give you props at least for talking about Friday the 13th.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743391#Comment_743391

    Never said she was as strong as pc nurse, I don’t only play LF.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743384#Comment_743384

    She really isn’t that uncommon on PS4 in my experience, considering you can learn nurse and make her the #1 killer on console, I think they did.

    I don't think you're getting the point man. We're arguing about the overall strength of nurse where she's the strongest, where people player her the most, Which is PC. You're talking like you experience nurse the same way we do and that is wrong. Why? Because you don't play against PC nurse's. Case closed.

  • @Sauceman_Tim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743405#Comment_743405

    I don't think you're getting the point man. We're arguing about the overall strength of nurse where she's the strongest, where people player her the most, Which is PC. You're talking like you experience nurse the same way we do and that is wrong. Why? Because you don't play against PC nurse's. Case closed.

    I don’t think that you get the point, I’ve put a lot of time into nurse, I stopped playing her for awhile but I do still pick her up. I’ve faced several really good nurse players, just because I’m not on pc doesn’t mean I can’t state my opinion.

  • "It's a Dark Age!"

    "lol not for survivors!"

    Good lord, people treat survivors and killers like political affiliations. It needs to not be a one-way party for one side and a miserable train wreck for the other; each role needs the other to even function. It seems like everyone forgets that this is a video game. You shouldn't want one side to PWN THE OTHER SIDE or whatever, you should want everything to be reliably competitive for the benefit of everyone.

    I don't play Nurse and I don't know what these changes will do, but I have to maintain the good faith that Behaviour didn't just throw darts at a wall, until we all see what the changes play like. I get the hand-wringing over Spirit-dominated red ranks, but the developers don't want their game to get stale anymore than the audience does.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743436#Comment_743436

    I don’t think that you get the point, I’ve put a lot of time into nurse, I stopped playing her for awhile but I do still pick her up. I’ve faced several really good nurse players, just because I’m not on pc doesn’t mean I can’t state my opinion.

    I highly doubt your nurse players are usually at red ranks Or that alot of you are even really that decent with her on PS4. The real strength of the character lies on PC that's what you don't seem understand. You're opinion on the general strength of her is jaded since you don't experience her the same way we do.

  • @Sauceman_Tim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743441#Comment_743441

    I highly doubt your nurse players are usually at red ranks Or that alot of you are even really that decent with her on PS4. The real strength of the character lies on PC that's what you don't seem understand. You're opinion on the general strength of her is jaded since you don't experience her the same way we do.

    I am in red ranks, I still see good nurses. Your viewpoint of console players is jaded, I never once said she was as strong on console as she is on pc.

  • @beatddb said:

    If these Nurses changes go through, all people will see at red ranks will be Spirit, which means she will eventually get a """slight change""". SWF will dominate red ranks and killers playing something else instead of Spirit will get destroyed.

    If this happens but Spirit does not get her """slight change""" like the nurse, people will start using the anti spirit build (Iron will, spine chill, etc) making her a little girl with a shiny stick.

    And thats how you nerf the two reliable killers in one change. Good luck killing someone at red ranks

    You didn't play dbd in the dark ages, nurse isnt needed to kill survivors, I play huntress and pig and can deal with SWF just fine at red ranks, lol. You aren't meant to 4k every game, not how dbd is played. You don't know what dark ages are then if you think this is the dark ages.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743471#Comment_743471

    I am in red ranks, I still see good nurses. Your viewpoint of console players is jaded, I never once said she was as strong on console as she is on pc.

    The fact that you think you can stalk people through corn means that if you CAN you're experiencing something completely different to PC players. If you're at red ranks while maining Leatherface that means your experience with killers is different to PC community. I've put 400+ hours into nurse so I know how difficult she is to learn fully on PC let alone how difficult it is to play on a controller. So I don't really consider your opinion to be of much value based on your experiences of the PS4 version of the game

  • @Sauceman_Tim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743478#Comment_743478

    The fact that you think you can stalk people through corn means that if you CAN you're experiencing something completely different to PC players. If you're at red ranks while maining Leatherface that means your experience with killers is different to PC community. I've put 400+ hours into nurse so I know how difficult she is to learn fully on PC let alone how difficult it is to play on a controller. So I don't really consider your opinion to be of much value based on your experiences of the PS4 version of the game

    Pc elitism now? No sense in continuing this discussion.

  • @altruistic said:

    All these tears. What happened to the adapt and overcome mentality?

    @altruistic Dont worry they will remember when the next survivor nerf takes place and survivors have something to say.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743514#Comment_743514

    Pc elitism now? No sense in continuing this discussion.

    yikes dude.... Missing the point again... Whoooooshh. Not saying I dismiss all PS4 players just what you tend to say in the forums

  • There are so many good killer players who can play any killer at red ranks. Also, it's not like the ranking system is based solely on Skill; Luck and the amount of time you put in are a factor as well.

    People who say "you need Nurse/Spirit/Billy in red ranks" probably aren't as skilled as they think. Yes, they help you get to Red ranks more quickly, but a good Killer player can play almost any Killer and do decent or better.


  • @GrootDude said:

    You don’t need spirit or nurse to kill survivors

    Red Rank Bubba and Clown mains unite! Honestly I am very, very, tired of hearing the constant doom and gloom at red ranks and the despair of the tree metateers

  • Or, once those two killers are nerfed, there won't be any killer that people can 4k almost every game with. Of course that will hurt killer mains that just can't lose.

    Calling that dark age is ridiculous. There are more killers that are viable at red ranks, and hopefully it wil be even more if the devs buff the weaker killers as well.

  • Sir, I already kill people at red ranks and I use ghostface

  • Good. This is exactly what should happen. You literally just said that "if they go through with the nurse nerfs, then people are going to go and play the other really op killer. Then, the devs will nerf the other op killer! If they don't, people are just going to run builds to counter the other op killer! Then I won't be able to rely on op killers to win games!"

    This is precisely what should happen. Both killers should receive adequate nerfs. Survivors are already going to take a hit when the unsafe palette changes are widespread. Op characters shouldn't exist purely for the reason of being used to beat good players who would otherwise be a challenge on more balanced characters. This is awful logic.

  • Imagine thinking survivors even play against Spirit lol. They just DC.

    There are quite a few killers that can be viable in red ranks without being OP/miserable to play against. You just want easy 4ks if all you can play is Nurse.

  • @beatddb said:

    If these Nurses changes go through, all people will see at red ranks will be Spirit, which means she will eventually get a """slight change""". SWF will dominate red ranks and killers playing something else instead of Spirit will get destroyed.

    If this happens but Spirit does not get her """slight change""" like the nurse, people will start using the anti spirit build (Iron will, spine chill, etc) making her a little girl with a shiny stick.

    And thats how you nerf the two reliable killers in one change. Good luck killing someone at red ranks

    i play freddy and im doing just fine without spirit or nurse,just cause YOU dont have enough skill to be able to outplay red rank survivors without bs spirits phase walk or nurses power doesnt mean you cant get 4ks in red ranks.Also you SHOULDNT BE ABLE to win each game aka 4k each game.You WILL lose from time to time and you need to get that into ur head and start playing a variety of other killers

  • We got Freddy AND Demogorgon in a row and people still think they need Nurse to do well in red ranks lol

    People just refuse to learn new things

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93693/the-dark-age-of-dbd-is-coming

    i play freddy and im doing just fine without spirit or nurse,just cause YOU dont have enough skill to be able to outplay red rank survivors without bs spirits phase walk or nurses power doesnt mean you cant get 4ks in red ranks.Also you SHOULDNT BE ABLE to win each game aka 4k each game.You WILL lose from time to time and you need to get that into ur head and start playing a variety of other killers

    This. I agree completely. Killers keep saying that survivors need to adapt but they keep whining about everything. good logic

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Blah blah blah Spirit blah blah

    sheesh...

    For every one of these posts claiming Spirit, (current) Nurse, and Billy are the only viable high rank killers, there is a player out there doing perfectly FINE in red ranks with one of the other killers being claimed as un-viable.

    Sure, survivors will see Spirit more frequently, but that’s partly bias fuelling further bias because of many players competitiveness. (Eg. I’m new to the game and I like to win, so I’m gonna jump straight into learning who everyone else says is the best without bothering to learn other killers)

    And for every SWF group that isn't toxic there are 6 more that are.

    Nurse had counters and all she needed was addons. Now we have gimmicky addons that won't be used much again (cd and fatigue with the single distance addon are going to be her main ones, the louder sound one seemed ok too) so that wasn't even useful for us. I used maybe 4 addons before this, and after it I'm going to use just 4 again. Fail. Adding on to this I think she has the most addons specifically designed to make her power worse. 3 different addons, how was this supposed to be good for a Nurse player?

    Now she will be terrible in chase. With so much time to break LOS and get away by the time she's ready to engage in the chase again it's going to be impossible to find them if you miss the first blink.

    And speaking of missing blinks, idk about you but there are tons of spots on maps that eat your blinks no matter how much you charge them. So now that we have a cooldown on blinks when we get screwed over by the game not letting us blink through something we have to be punished again with the cooldown just to get our original blink back?

    These changes were not designed by someone who can play Nurse well, it seems to be designed by people who can't use her in red ranks and just watch youtubers play.

  • @GrootDude said:

    You don’t need spirit or nurse to kill survivors

    We keep yelling at them but they won't listen to us!! because it takes time and extreme amounts of being able to just except you can win by just having a good time with so called lower tier killers.

    But hey we are the very few that respect our mains to ignore the few that refuse to believe they are totally viable in high ranks

    🐖

    IMG_20191008_153207.jpg

    🐷💖

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743224#Comment_743224

    Hmmm.

    I honestly couldn’t see them tinkering with anything but Prayer Beads. Everything else about how Spirit already functions is balanced with drawbacks that a Spirit player needs to learn skills in order to work around those drawbacks.

    I just don't like facing Spirit and I'm bad at versing her unless I'm packing Iron Will and maybe No Mither. Don't mind me I'm just salty against spirit.

    I haven't been using Iron Will lately since I've been playing around with non-stealth builds.

    Also part of the reason why I'm not so good against Hag lately. I used to easily mess with Hag (even if the rest of my team died) when I used to play stealth, mostly because I always had Urban on.

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743123#Comment_743123

    We keep yelling at them but they won't listen to us!! because it takes time and extreme amounts of being able to just except you can win by just having a good time with so called lower tier killers.

    But hey we are the very few that respect our mains to ignore the few that refuse to believe they are totally viable in high ranks

    🐖

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/614/BUI8XCXV69CV.jpg

    🐷💖

    Bubba doesn’t look happy 😂

  • If Spirit gets any changes it will be to make her less frustrating to play against, not in relation to her power levels.

  • @Endstille said:

    She will get her nerfs dont worry.

    It is just that survivors will be even more mad because there will be hardly any lobbies to find which is already the case even on Weekends.

    As a survivor I find games easily as a killer it takes 20 minutes to find a lobby. Killers aren't going anywhere

  • Gen Grab Spirit is the strongest build in DBD

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    Gen Grab Spirit is the strongest build in DBD

    Currently you can get grabs with Nurse using Tinkerer but after these changes you will NEVER get a gen grab again because they will see you standing there before you can do anything. I get that it could be frustrating to not see her when shes starting a fast swing out of blink but it was part of her nuance that you could use it to do more things. Now they will always know if you're on the opposite side of a window or pallet and know not to go back over.

    I really am wondering if there were anyone on the team who plays Nurse at red ranks at this point there are just so many small things that are getting nerfed here. "slight" change

  • @Elegant said:

    Good. This is exactly what should happen. You literally just said that "if they go through with the nurse nerfs, then people are going to go and play the other really op killer. Then, the devs will nerf the other op killer! If they don't, people are just going to run builds to counter the other op killer! Then I won't be able to rely on op killers to win games!"

    This is precisely what should happen. Both killers should receive adequate nerfs. Survivors are already going to take a hit when the unsafe palette changes are widespread. Op characters shouldn't exist purely for the reason of being used to beat good players who would otherwise be a challenge on more balanced characters. This is awful logic.

    Spirit is not op, Nurse wasn't op, the addons were the problem. Both killers were stronger than normal, but that didnt mean you'll always lose against them. And if SWF wasn't "stronger than normal" people wouldn't find the need to play strong characters.

    As a P3 Nurse myself, I often ran up to survivors who were extremely hard to catch because they were good with LoS breakers and stealth, but maybe getting good at that is harder than saying the Nurse and Spirit are OP&Broken.

    And right now, there isn't a single killer capable to win against a fully coordinated and optimal SWF team.

    If a Nurse was worse than you, she wouldn't be able to catch you, it was easy as that.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743119#Comment_743119

    @altruistic Dont worry they will remember when the next survivor nerf takes place and survivors have something to say.

    We don't need to remember there's already complaints about instaheals being removed

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/744864#Comment_744864

    Spirit is not op, Nurse wasn't op, the addons were the problem. Both killers were stronger than normal, but that didnt mean you'll always lose against them. And if SWF wasn't "stronger than normal" people wouldn't find the need to play strong characters.

    As a P3 Nurse myself, I often ran up to survivors who were extremely hard to catch because they were good with LoS breakers and stealth, but maybe getting good at that is harder than saying the Nurse and Spirit are OP&Broken.

    And right now, there isn't a single killer capable to win against a fully coordinated and optimal SWF team.

    If a Nurse was worse than you, she wouldn't be able to catch you, it was easy as that.

    God forbid a killer can deal with a toxic SWF, meanwhile that mentality completely ignores the toxic group being more powerful than killers is gamebreaking and the opposite of the games intent.

  • @beatddb said:

    If these Nurses changes go through, all people will see at red ranks will be Spirit, which means she will eventually get a """slight change""". SWF will dominate red ranks and killers playing something else instead of Spirit will get destroyed.

    If this happens but Spirit does not get her """slight change""" like the nurse, people will start using the anti spirit build (Iron will, spine chill, etc) making her a little girl with a shiny stick.

    And thats how you nerf the two reliable killers in one change. Good luck killing someone at red ranks

    ######### you talking about ?

    I'm red rank and all I see is: Huntress, Hillbilly and Spirit.

    The red Nurse is an occasional kid wonder once in a blue moon.

  • @GrootDude said:

    You don’t need spirit or nurse to kill survivors

    If you can play a killer just right, they’re all viable.

  • This content has been removed.
  • You know the nurse can still teleport through walls, right? A good nurse still cannot be looped.

    It's gonna be fine.

  • Also Dark Age?


    This was the Dark Age:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1fkX3H84SE


    This new thing is nothing.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    Also Dark Age?

    This was the Dark Age:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1fkX3H84SE

    This new thing is nothing.

    I was aware of that while making this post, but, as I said in another comment; it's not the same.

    Players were more "ignorant" about how broken those mechanics were, and got them fixed with time.

    For example, having an infinite now is more impactful than having 10 on the early Dead by Daylight days, and nerfing The Nurse now has more impact than doing it on the early days.

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/747778#Comment_747778

    I was aware of that while making this post, but, as I said in another comment; it's not the same.

    Players were more "ignorant" about how broken those mechanics were, and got them fixed with time.

    For example, having an infinite now is more impactful than having 10 on the early Dead by Daylight days, and nerfing The Nurse now has more impact than doing it on the early days.

    If you say so! I personally will just wait for the Big picture to unfold before burning everything down in a panic! Have fun and I'll see ya in the Fog!

  • @Knots said:

    You know the nurse can still teleport through walls, right? A good nurse still cannot be looped.

    It's gonna be fine.

    People seem to forget this XD

  • @beatddb said:

    If these Nurses changes go through, all people will see at red ranks will be Spirit, which means she will eventually get a """slight change""". SWF will dominate red ranks and killers playing something else instead of Spirit will get destroyed.

    If this happens but Spirit does not get her """slight change""" like the nurse, people will start using the anti spirit build (Iron will, spine chill, etc) making her a little girl with a shiny stick.

    And thats how you nerf the two reliable killers in one change. Good luck killing someone at red ranks

    Pretty dramatic title, but Nurse is still strong, she is just not number 1 anymore. It'll take some time for people too get use too new Nurse, but she won't be gone from Red Ranks anytime soon. And even if she was gone, we still have Freddy, Billy, Hag, and Huntress.

  • @BlueFang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743123#Comment_743123

    Red Rank Bubba and Clown mains unite! Honestly I am very, very, tired of hearing the constant doom and gloom at red ranks and the despair of the tree metateers

    Give me red rank clown tips please king

  • So we just shift from the “Really dark age” of nurse to the “dark age” of spirit. Well, seems an improvement to me

  • People talk about console nurse without knowing the true power she has despise the fact she is limited by framerate and sensitivity. Trust me consoles nurse is as powerful as his PC counterpart but, PC players have a lower skill cap due to a better playability.

    All i have to say put your PC at 30 fps use a controller then tell us how it is. You will see that you are bad and that's normal because PC is easy to play. Just for you all to know i've tried PC (i'm PS4 player) I 4k easily with nurse on PC because consoles is harder and require more skill.

1 2 ›