Build in ruin (basekit)

Since devs never talk about second objectives and I personally lost hope on that (cuz devs are just so focused on adding new DLCs noone needs atm or just simply can't because idk) I thought about adding ruin into basekit to counter genrush but with rules and requirements:

- Ruin can't be destroyed

- Ruin will deactivate after 3 hooks or/and 3 gens popping

- The effect of ruin is depended on killer tier and survivor rank (Nurse for example will have a weaker version of ruin than wraith, rank 1 survivors will have to deal with a stronger version of ruin than rank 15 survivors, maybe rank 16-20 has no ruin)

Thoughts?

Comments

  • @Peanits said:

    I can't see how that would be necessary. You definitely don't need ruin. If you feel that it's worth a perk slot, as many do, you can always just use the perk. That is what perks are for, after all.

    Forcing it to be active all the time until a set number of hooks or generators have been completed would be pretty controversial. At that point, there is no counterplay. You can't just go find the totem. You just need to slog through it.

    Hey. :)

    Why are there no bp in good skill checks with hex:ruin? Without hex:ruin there are at least 50 points in a good skill check. Is there ever going to be a change?

  • @Th3Entity said:

    Sure this is a good idea but while we are at it let's add da and dead hard as basekit for survivors.See how ridiculous it sounds now

    While we're at adding that every perk should just become base after all why not

  • @Lavernne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651804#Comment_651804

    Hey. :)

    Why are there no bp in good skill checks with hex:ruin? Without hex:ruin there are at least 50 points in a good skill check. Is there ever going to be a change?

    Good skill checks don't advance gen progress with ruin active

  • If you are going to force players to get good with skill checks... They will.


    Then you'll be complaining about ruin doesn't effect anything, since gens will still get done fast.

  • @venom12784 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652033#Comment_652033

    Good skill checks don't advance gen progress with ruin active

    I know! ... but still you hit the skillcheck, just not perfect. I think it would be nice if it would also give points for it.

  • Yo the ruin thing as a rank thing sounds like a really good idea bro, it still gets the job done of stalling the game and it progresses based on rank which if you rank up i dont see why it would be a problem if the game got a little harder.(isnt that the point) if anyone complains bro its str8 up cause they dislike ruin.

  • Just run NOED and punish those gen rushers.

  • So killer lobbies are not great as they are. That’s partially due to a lack of survivors playing because of unfun Ruin and killers in general. I can definitively say this would be one of the worst things to happen to the game and could kill DBD. Killer is easy enough as it is. If this ever happens, I’m sure many people will stop playing because the game wouldn’t have any form of enjoyment on the survivor side and killer would be so incredibly easy. Absolutely no need for this.

  • good idea but actually no

  • I've said the same many times, technically it is something extra for the survivors to so, hunt down that totem or it's more difficult

  • @Zagrid said:

    Just run NOED and punish those gen rushers.

    I don't like using crutch perks

  • Maybe not ruin in it's full form, but something like it would be excellent. I see ruin as a band-aid and a useless perk slot used to make the game enjoyable and longer. Please!

  • Ruin functions as a band-aid secondary objective to slow the gens down in a game where the gens go too quick and there's no reason NOT to do gens.

    While making ruin a base given kit would work as a bandaid fix, the solution to slowing the game down is really to give survivors something else to do besides gens, so a killer like Trappers' game isn't decided in the opening three minutes of the game

  • Sure.

    The moment skillchecks are smoothly moving in every game and not stuttering then I don;t mind them adding ruin as base kit for killers. I can hit greats most of the time when the skillchecks are moving smoothly so it won't bother me.

  • Ruin is by far the most annoying perk to play against, and it should be, which is exactly why it's on a totem.

    Without the totem there is no counter play and you're essentially just making the game frustrating with no downside.

  • @Seanzu said:

    Ruin is by far the most annoying perk to play against, and it should be, which is exactly why it's on a totem.

    Without the totem there is no counter play and you're essentially just making the game frustrating with no downside.

    But you agree that gens popping to fast when optimal survivors play? I would love to have fun second objective for survivors cuz that's what I want as survivor aswell. But we all know the devs. It's gonna happen. To much work for them.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652940#Comment_652940

    But you agree that gens popping to fast when optimal survivors play? I would love to have fun second objective for survivors cuz that's what I want as survivor aswell. But we all know the devs. It's gonna happen. To much work for them.

    No?

    I've been to rank 1 every season since I started playing two years ago and have never ran ruin in my builds unless someone has given me a build or a span it in a roulette.

    Ruin is unnecessary and wasted, survivors doing their objective is fine.

    Far too many killers give up when 2/3 gens pop before their first down but I've had countless games snowball from that as all survivors move in for saves and get closer because they're on the edges of the map.

    Killer mains want it both ways, they want to sit and complain about how fast ruin gets destroyed but also say it's necessary, which one is it?

    Gen time is fine, no secondary objective is coming, unless you want killers to be nerfed, and ruin certainly shouldn't be mandatory.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652940#Comment_652940

    But you agree that gens popping to fast when optimal survivors play? I would love to have fun second objective for survivors cuz that's what I want as survivor aswell. But we all know the devs. It's gonna happen. To much work for them.

    It’s...wow. Facepalm.

    I know people meme about the devs a lot, but they work their butts off. If you think otherwise, go play a Triple A game 3 years after its launch and tell me if the devs still give a crap about it.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652950#Comment_652950

    No?

    I've been to rank 1 every season since I started playing two years ago and have never ran ruin in my builds unless someone has given me a build or a span it in a roulette.

    Ruin is unnecessary and wasted, survivors doing their objective is fine.

    Far too many killers give up when 2/3 gens pop before their first down but I've had countless games snowball from that as all survivors move in for saves and get closer because they're on the edges of the map.

    Killer mains want it both ways, they want to sit and complain about how fast ruin gets destroyed but also say it's necessary, which one is it?

    Gen time is fine, no secondary objective is coming, unless you want killers to be nerfed, and ruin certainly shouldn't be mandatory.

    Well I would like to see you playing. Seems like you are one of the top 0,01% of the best killers. Do you record your games? Would appreciate if you upload how you verse some optimal survivors and still manage to dominate them without ruin.

  • @ACEvHEARTS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652950#Comment_652950

    It’s...wow. Facepalm.

    I know people meme about the devs a lot, but they work their butts off. If you think otherwise, go play a Triple A game 3 years after its launch and tell me if the devs still give a crap about it.

    Yeah they might work their buts off, I'm not denying that. But only for DLCs. The really issues of the game are staying untouched for years. They have the wrong priorities imo.


  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652955#Comment_652955

    Well I would like to see you playing. Seems like you are one of the top 0,01% of the best killers. Do you record your games? Would appreciate if you upload how you verse some optimal survivors and still manage to dominate them without ruin.

    There is no thing as "optimal" survivors, you get survivors playing well you get survivors playing badly.

    too many people focus on the 4K, it's a video game, have fun for christ sakes, the game should never be balanced around 4Ks because then the game just isn't fair.

    you don't have to win every game, I certainly don't "win" every game but I'm also not someone who does poorly with a killer and then cries about how bad that killer is and starts crying for buffs.

    You're not supposed to 4K every game, deal with it.

    chrome_17MSK2ddy1.png


    chrome_AuySwnROPy.png chrome_LOWBWTR0Jl.png chrome_PHHLTxwA3U.png

    the game is not hard.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652960#Comment_652960

    There is no thing as "optimal" survivors, you get survivors playing well you get survivors playing badly.

    too many people focus on the 4K, it's a video game, have fun for christ sakes, the game should never be balanced around 4Ks because then the game just isn't fair.

    you don't have to win every game, I certainly don't "win" every game but I'm also not someone who does poorly with a killer and then cries about how bad that killer is and starts crying for buffs.

    You're not supposed to 4K every game, deal with it.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/014/1QQBU34EB9X5.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/555/7XL6V60SY6FH.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/264/5FQF55HB3IHK.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/542/REK7NW0TWH8I.png

    the game is not hard.

    Screenshots aren't showing anything really. I'm specifically asking for videos. You might be versing a lot of potatoes which blurrs your opinion.

    There is optimal survivors. There is a difference when you selfcare in a corner with sloppy butcher or rush the last gen with adrenaline. Just to name one example.

    So, do you have some gameplay to show me?

  • i think just buffing gen regression speed would be better than making gens slower to complete. yes this would buff the 3 gen strat but that all depends on the survivors and if they don't know what gens need doing

  • @Madjura said:

    No

    Good argument, fits right in the discussion!

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653126#Comment_653126

    Screenshots aren't showing anything really. I'm specifically asking for videos. You might be versing a lot of potatoes which blurrs your opinion.

    There is optimal survivors. There is a difference when you selfcare in a corner with sloppy butcher or rush the last gen with adrenaline. Just to name one example.

    So, do you have some gameplay to show me?

    Well if I'm versing a lot of potatoes at rank 1 so it's everyone else, very little amount of survivors are actually good, lol

    and you're certainly not the person to impress considering you want ruin built in, you struggle WITH ruin, I do just fine WITHOUT it.

    Take it in, sis, you're just not as good as you think you are, like most killers.

  • @ChicoRockz said:

    I don't think it should be built in. That's too lazy a work around. How about making gens require gas before they're even powered and if the person that is carrying the gas gets downed the container has to be refilled. Another way to counter the speed of gens getting done is to change the skill checks to QTE. If the skill check was a random button to press every time there would be a greater chance of people messing them up.

    I've often thought that a simple change to how the gens get repaired would shake things up a lot. I like the idea of needing to bring gas to the gen, i also think that there could be spark plugs scattered across the map kind of like totems. And each gen would need one, or 8 and thats what takes time. Find a pack of plugs and start installing them (the repair phase) while someone finds gas. Filling of them gen with gad could only take a few seconds, but survivors cant run with the jerry can

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652955#Comment_652955

    Senzu I agree you do not need Ruin against people who play this game to get BPS, make the saves, do totems, search chests, heal. But when you face teams who want to win they will do the right gens so you as a regular M1 killer have to traverse the entire map to guard them and waste even more time. They will loop you and will not be overly altruistic - then you will lose most games. Most killers from the roster lack the tools to stop gens.

    I don't think so entirely, too many killers are fixated on 4Ks and disregard all their 2/3Ks and then when it comes down to it chalk them all up as complete losses and act as if only 4Ks matter, when they don't.

    even the fact that some killers act as if they lose if they get kills because of altruism is cause for buffs "Damn, I only got a 4K because these survivors like to save each other" is some whack thinking imo. People aren't usually altruistic unless they think they can win the action of saving + escaping, you as a killer still had to earn that.

    If you can't agree that getting 2Ks & 3Ks is the preferably way then you don't really have a case imo, this game shouldn't be balanced around 4Ks nor should it be swayed towards more 4Ks than 2/3Ks.

    This game is both a Survivor & Killer simulator, if you're going against the best survivor in the game you should expect a majority of matches to be 2Ks, some to be 3Ks and very rarely getting 4Ks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654219#Comment_654219

    Still survivors have so many tools in their kit that you as the killer will kill just 1 person if you are lucky. Try playing Myers, Clown or Wraith on Thompson House or Lerry's without Ruin against good survivors equipped with all meta perks which not only are strong combined together but also complement the team and you will lose.

    You mention specific maps, that's more the problem than the strength of the killer or the skill of the survivor.

    I'd be quite happy if they gave thompson house the swamp treatment and moved everything closer together to make traversal and gen patrolling easier.

    and for what it's worth I don't play ruin and preferably play wraith on lerys. I don't touch Myers that often because I'm just not very good with him.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654253#Comment_654253

    You can be good with some killers and still lose. Sure maps are very bad for some killers but that only shows how weak most of the killers are. If you cannot apply enough pressure but you are being constantly pressed for time something is wrong here. I have 2700 h in this game and I can tell you that with killers like Myers, Clown I will always lose. Sure I may kill 1 or 2 by playing scummy but will I enjoy the game? - the answer is "No". Most killers always feel the pressure and good survivors will try their best to make the game unfun for you later to bully you in the endgame chat. On the other hand when I play Hag, Nurse, Spirit I can be very agressive with these killers. Sure good team will also beat me, but at least I will have fun games. I am very good with Hag, mediocre with Spirit and currently Nurse in training - but when I play these 3 people just die, but they die because they play stupid and I have the tools to punish it. Killers should not be the ones feeling pressure the moment the match starts - survivors should feel pressure to escape and survive, but in DBD it is quite the opposite for most killers.

    What's the issue?

    Like there seems to be something you're missing, you can be good at survivor and still lose, and that is fine, being good with a killer doesn't mean you should win every time, that's ridiculous.

    Just like there is no issue with nurse losing, or no issue with ScottJund losing, or ZubatLEL losing, these are all things that are good in this game, but that doesn't mean they should "win" every time, not at all.

    It's always insane to me how people try and defend killer buffs by saying survivors only lose if they make mistakes, because killers make loads of mistakes too but they should get a pass because they're good at that killer? Nah fam, the game is in a really good spot, we have to work on maps that have too many ultra safe loops and go from there.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654282#Comment_654282

    You do not understand what I am trying to say. I do not mind losing, because it is also a part of the game. I do not mind it when I have fun matches where I can earn BPS and I like versing skilled players. What I do mind however is the fact that most killers can be bullied hard, because survivors know they can get away with it. Skill is no longer involved in matches with instaheals, DS, meta perks, bad maps when you play killers who will struggle. Being pressed for time and knowing there is little you can do about it is frustrating to say the least. Each gen done for a regular M1 killer is a huge loss, because you can still be chasing one and others are free to do gens even faster. They will escape with no pips - safety pip at best, with little to no BPS but will still bully you because they escaped. What I care about is not winning or losing - it's the quality of the gameplay and matches. I'd love to play as immersed Myers to give survivors a scare once or twice and roleplay a little bit but I can't. That is the problem and issue most killers have. It's not about getting kills but survivors who do not even have to try to survive in a horror game.

    "I'd love to play as immersed Myers to give survivors a scare once or twice and roleplay a little bit but I can't."

    So basically, you want to piss about in a match and still do well? lmao, ok dude, you go put your overalls and myers mask on and have fun with that, but thinking killers need buffs or survivors need nerfs or whatever you think because you want to roleplay & end up on top, you can't have your cake and eat it too, this is such a bizarre conversation.

    Killers can also put about 10% effort in and still get kills, catch one survivor, camp survivor, survivor dies, run noed, get another survivor end game because survivors didn't have time to do all gens and all totems because the killer was camping.

    this is ridiculous, I'm sorry but I don't get your point at all.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654313#Comment_654313

    Yes as I said before, you can get kills by playing scummy - camping and with NOED - but the quality of such games is poor. You do not understand me at all it seems. I said I do not mind losing as "roleplaying Myers", what I do mind however is 3 gens being done with 1 chase still going. I also do not agree with most survivor nerfs devs implemented because in the end they only gimped the gameplay and did not help killers much. Also "Depip Squad" played 100 games with no perks and managed to stomp most killers and they are mediocre survivors at best. That clearly says something about balance in this game.

    So if I played 100 games as vanilla LF and won the majority of them then would killers need re-balanced? Back when the de-pip squad did their experiment survivors were OP but they’ve received nerfs and aren’t OP currently.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654313#Comment_654313

    Yes as I said before, you can get kills by playing scummy - camping and with NOED - but the quality of such games is poor. You do not understand me at all it seems. I said I do not mind losing as "roleplaying Myers", what I do mind however is 3 gens being done with 1 chase still going. I also do not agree with most survivor nerfs devs implemented because in the end they only gimped the gameplay and did not help killers much. Also "Depip Squad" played 100 games with no perks and managed to stomp most killers and they are mediocre survivors at best. That clearly says something about balance in this game.

    They did 100 games a year and a half ago.

    They played rank 1 killers, the same rank one killers that are here on this forum, asking for more and more ridiculous things each day, asking for DS to be nerfed, or loops to be removed, or pallets to be blocked, or adreanline to be nerfed, or noed to be buffed, ruing to be permanent.

    Most rank one killers are not good, most rank one survivors are not good.

    Most players are not INTENTIONALLY trying to make people depip, or derank, or have a hard time.

    Marth & his friends have thousands of hours in this game, more on killer, sure but lets not be naive and pretend that means they don't know how to play survivor, if one person got hooked they'd intentionally ignore, chug out gens, and leave. Of course they were going to make survivors not get kills, literally anyone right now could ignore someone on the hook, do gens and leave and you'd get the same outcome.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654344#Comment_654344

    I'd love to see you winning 100 games as perkless leatherface with no perks nor addons against good survivors but sadly it will never happen.

    And I’d like to see the de-pip squad winning 100 games against a good spirit or nurse but sadly it will never happen.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654344#Comment_654344

    I'd love to see you winning 100 games as perkless leatherface with no perks nor addons against good survivors but sadly it will never happen.

    I mean, I'm not very good at the game, and survivors have the same objective, killer powers are all different, it's not even relative, if Marth only went against nurses then maybe your wish would have any credibility.

    But here's a 5 hour video of ScottJund getting 32 4Ks with speed limiter, it's not exactly what you wanted but it clearly proves Leatherface and Speed limiter is op, right?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8XcQoJHauA

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654347#Comment_654347

    I mean, I'm not very good at the game, and survivors have the same objective, killer powers are all different, it's not even relative, if Marth only went against nurses then maybe your wish would have any credibility.

    But here's a 5 hour video of ScottJund getting 32 4Ks with speed limiter, it's not exactly what you wanted but it clearly proves Leatherface and Speed limiter is op, right?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8XcQoJHauA

    Time to nerf my big boi LF.

  • Absolutely, this is irrefutable proof.

    It was more recent than Marths experiment, too, therefore it is more relevant and more of an issue than year and a half old data or people intentionally doing what they can to give killers as little points as possible.

    When pips were based on hooks it was very easy to just ignore people on the hook and do gens and leave knowing someone wouldn't pip.

  • lol obviously no, this idea is great yet for the OWN PERK, not for everyone haha these dudes

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654359#Comment_654359

    Absolutely, this is irrefutable proof.

    It was more recent than Marths experiment, too, therefore it is more relevant and more of an issue than year and a half old data or people intentionally doing what they can to give killers as little points as possible.

    When pips were based on hooks it was very easy to just ignore people on the hook and do gens and leave knowing someone wouldn't pip.

    I think we should make LF have 110% ms, his chainsaw has a 15 second cooldown and speed limiter basekit, thoughts?

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654363#Comment_654363

    I think we should make LF have 110% ms, his chainsaw has a 15 second cooldown and speed limiter basekit, thoughts?

    YES! Killers love asking for OP things to be basekit, lets do it, there will be no issue with this at all!

    We're basically devs now!

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654366#Comment_654366

    YES! Killers love asking for OP things to be basekit, lets do it, there will be no issue with this at all!

    We're basically devs now!

    They should hire us! We’d have this game balanced in a week tops!

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654369#Comment_654369

    They should hire us! We’d have this game balanced in a week tops!

    Totems should be invisible and sprint bust should be 800% speed boost across 12 games 🤤🤤🤤🤤

  • na would be better if something was added like survivors have to find a tool or a part before starting on a gen and they have to do this for each gen they work on, just have tools or parts in places around the map and when you find a place that has a tool or part or whatever you have to hold down a button or do a skill check to pull it out then you can go get on a gen.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654378#Comment_654378

    Totems should be invisible and sprint bust should be 800% speed boost across 12 games 🤤🤤🤤🤤

    Killer shack shouldn’t spawn a basement and should have two windows, to compensate for this killers get bloodlust removed. :)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654346#Comment_654346

    I know killers' requests are ridiculous at times but it does not change the fact most killers are weak and require QoL changes and buffs. Many killers are simply a chore to play as and whatever they do it is not good enough to even compete with all the stuff survivors have in their arsenal. Lets not forget this is asymetrical horror game and as I said before - killers should not be the ones feeling constant pressure from the start of the match because every second counts.

    Also you said Depip squad played that way - true, but to be honest when I play survivor most killers are simply destroyed. I have to goof around and my friend as well so killers can have at least some hooks or kills. We are nor even using meta perks or any items not to mention insta-heals etc. Playing the game smart and buying your team enough time is all you need to win. Sure some killers are powerful enough to stop us but even these killers can be outplayed.

    Both sides should be feeling pressure, this shouldn't be a breeze for anyone, at some point you play against a killer that just decimates, and you're constantly getting saves and doing no gen progress.

    Sometimes you're getting a survivor that jukes you every corner and you get lost on an LT wall wondering where in gods name they've gone.

    It's all relative, but theres a damn sight more killers that don't come to this forum and play just fine.

    People make up their own issues and exacerbate them to no end, I can't count the amount of times I've played solo and have been accused of being in an SWF.

    One of the BEST players in this game mains pig and has like 27K kills or something, a killer that everyone else likes to claim is unviable he happily 4Ks most matches.

    If you want to be good at the game pick a main, stop playing every killer for an hour a day and wanting to be good with everyone.

    The best huntress mains are the best because they play only huntress, some killers couldn't dream of playing huntress as well as they do because they'd rather play a match a day with every killer.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654407#Comment_654407

    As for playing solo and being accused of being SWF. I remember playing against you once on Shelter Woods, you played as the Pig. I was playing solo Dwight and all randoms died. I played smart and in the end I got away using the hatch. You failed to see me twice even though I was right in front of you. I remember you saying in the endgame chat: "You did not deserve to win, because your team played poorly". Why didn't I deserve to win? Because you got outplayed? But nevermind I digress. Just a small anectode to juggle your memory I guess.

    Sure I agree that maining one killer will make greatly improve your skill but most killers still have to adhere to the basic rules and mechanics of the game. In the meantime times fly, gens are being done and all it takes is few bad spots with ultra safe pallets to stall the game - not much skill required. Maps are big and regular M1 killers have to traverse them, also look for survivors and chase survivors - it all requires time, time which they do not have. Also many mains themselves admit killers they main are weak. Clown mains for instance all agree he is the worst killer and according to the devs' stats he has the lowest killrate out of all the killers across all platforms. Not to mention Wraith, Doctor or Leatherface.

    ahh yes, I often remember random end game chats from people lmao.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654444#Comment_654444

    We were not chatting much. I just remember you being a little bit salty at the end. Luckily you don't have to remember it - I do.

    Yea, if it isn't made up to try and make me look less credible, of course.

  • Ruin is a joke perk. it's weak. survivors power thru it like it's not even there. it's cleanesed in 10 seconds 90% of the time. Ruin is pathetic. The people saying no like ruin is some kind of god perk are really giving me a good laugh.

    Realistically making ruin base would hardly put a dent in gen speed. I say no only because it's so pathetic it's not even valuable enough to be in the game without ruin getting some kind of buff.

    My ideas:

    1. Survivors must repair six gens.
    2. Survivors must find, and install a gen part before they can start repairs.
    3. After a gen is repaired Survivors must find gas cans to fill up the gen tanks. Survivors can throw gas cans in burning barrels to cause a 16 meter explosion stunning, and blinding the killer.
    4. After getting a gen to 100% it does not automatically start. Survivors must pull the starter rope. each pull has a higher chance to start the gen. 5% chance on first pull, 15% on second pull, etc.
    5. Ruin buff. Great skill checks cause 2% regression. Normal Skill checks cause 5% regression, and a noise notification for the killer.
1 2 3 4