Build in ruin (basekit)

Since devs never talk about second objectives and I personally lost hope on that (cuz devs are just so focused on adding new DLCs noone needs atm or just simply can't because idk) I thought about adding ruin into basekit to counter genrush but with rules and requirements:

- Ruin can't be destroyed

- Ruin will deactivate after 3 hooks or/and 3 gens popping

- The effect of ruin is depended on killer tier and survivor rank (Nurse for example will have a weaker version of ruin than wraith, rank 1 survivors will have to deal with a stronger version of ruin than rank 15 survivors, maybe rank 16-20 has no ruin)

Thoughts?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654460#Comment_654460

    Just make RUIN last 60s after being destroyed like Gaunted Grounds - problem solved. It is a fair solution for both sides. Extending gen times or adding another M1 objective or gen is a bad idea. I would like to see second objective for survivors like "lanterns" during Chinese New Year event - that was cool.

    So basically anything that might extend gen time is a bad idea. gotcha. Lol.

    You're obviously not new to the game, so you either only play survivor, or you're knowingly lying because you like fast gens despite the balance issues.

  • Unless every killer and survivors with the perks they come with get theirs as a base kit then hell to NA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only way I would ever agree to this, is if they bring back OG brand new part lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654544#Comment_654544

    I have 2800 h in this game and I've been playing both sides. All I can say holdin M1 for 80s is not fun, nor engaging. The gen time should remain as it is now but secondary objective like the lanterns during "Chinese New Year" even would be cool and it would also give M1 killers more time.

    Who holds m1 for 80s? 30s. 50s max. With 2,800 hours of play time you already knew that anyway. Rank 15, and 20 newbies hold m1 for 80s. And You're not just holding m1 watching the pistons move. You're actively looking for a killer that can come from any direction.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654569#Comment_654569

    Average gen time with no ruin is 70-76s. It all depends on the skillchecks. 1 great skillcheck takes 1 s away. It is impossible for 1 person do do a gen in 50s. Sorry but addind more gen time is the task for the killer, Ruin helps, Corrupt Intervention helps and you also have Pop if you struggle so much. I'd rather have survivors doing something extra to get them off gens like secondary objective. Because as I said holding M1 is boring when I know someone is looping with the killer I do not even have to look around.

    Red gear+repair speed buffed tool box=less than 50s repair for one survivor. Not including perks. So it's very possible. The good survivors don't work on gens alone. Again only rank 15, and 20 newbies do that.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652960#Comment_652960

    There is no thing as "optimal" survivors, you get survivors playing well you get survivors playing badly.

    too many people focus on the 4K, it's a video game, have fun for christ sakes, the game should never be balanced around 4Ks because then the game just isn't fair.

    you don't have to win every game, I certainly don't "win" every game but I'm also not someone who does poorly with a killer and then cries about how bad that killer is and starts crying for buffs.

    You're not supposed to 4K every game, deal with it.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/014/1QQBU34EB9X5.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/555/7XL6V60SY6FH.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/264/5FQF55HB3IHK.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/542/REK7NW0TWH8I.png

    the game is not hard.

    That's not what all people do. Sure, there are some who lose a game and then blame it on the killer, but many people just believe that there are killers that have almost 0 chance of winning against an optimal team, no matter how optimal you play as killer. They are not just all going to the forums crying about killers being to weak because they got their ass handed in one game.

    The games you don't win are probably those you verse against optimal survivors, and those you win may not be against optimal survivors, depending on which killer you play. At least that's what many would believe. I personally agree that there are certain killers that have to little chance of getting a 2k against an optimal team.

    Of course believing you should get a 4k with killers when you play optimally, no matter how optimal survivors play, is pretty stupid of course.

    I agree that there is no need for a second objective though. Definitely not. We are getting map reworks, which in general will only buff the weaker killers, which is great, and Billy, which could become a problem. The weak killers might need some small individual buffs, but that's it.

    Many people sadly also seem to forget the fact that there is a lot of rng that can affect the outcome of a match.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/653126#Comment_653126

    That's not what all people do. Sure, there are some who lose a game and then blame it on the killer, but many people just believe that there are killers that have almost 0 chance of winning against an optimal team, no matter how optimal you play as killer. They are not just all going to the forums crying about killers being to weak because they got their ass handed in one game.

    The games you don't win are probably those you verse against optimal survivors, and those you win may not be against optimal survivors, depending on which killer you play. At least that's what many would believe. I personally agree that there are certain killers that have to little chance of getting a 2k against an optimal team.

    Of course believing you should get a 4k with killers when you play optimally, no matter how optimal survivors play, is pretty stupid of course.

    I agree that there is no need for a second objective though. Definitely not. We are getting map reworks, which in general will only buff the weaker killers, which is great, and Billy, which could become a problem. The weak killers might need some small individual buffs, but that's it.

    Many people sadly also seem to forget the fact that there is a lot of rng that can affect the outcome of a match.

    Well then it doesn't matter what devs do.

    If you win against survivors they're just bad, if you lose against them they're optimal, it couldn't possibly be that the killer played poorly or played well.

    Just admit that sometimes you play poorly, I posted a video of a killer almost everyone agrees with is weak getting 32 4Ks over a few days while using speed limiter, it's entirely the person in control and the players you face that decides whether you win or not, it isn't always "survivors are op".

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654683#Comment_654683

    Well then it doesn't matter what devs do.

    If you win against survivors they're just bad, if you lose against them they're optimal, it couldn't possibly be that the killer played poorly or played well.

    Just admit that sometimes you play poorly, I posted a video of a killer almost everyone agrees with is weak getting 32 4Ks over a few days while using speed limiter, it's entirely the person in control and the players you face that decides whether you win or not, it isn't always "survivors are op".

    No that's not really my point. Of course it's often because a killer didn't play optimally and got outplayed, but not everyone who wants killers buffed are here on the forums because they lost and can't accept that they made mistakes. They believe that certain killers barely have a chance against optimal survivors, no matter what you do, based on their observation of the game's balancing. You know, map design and the loops of a map, the killers power, survivor and killer perks, and so on. That's all I'm trying to say.

    You just seem to assume that everyone who wants killers buffed are sore losers. If you believe killers are good enough that's fine, but people are allowed to believe killers are underpowered as well. Of course many do just because they don't want to blame their lacking skill for losing, but that's their problem. The point of this forum though is anyways to gather feedback from as many players as possible, and try to listen to the majority while of course also trying to judge the game's balance themselves.

    From all my many hours with this game, I personally would agree that there are certain killers that just are a bit too weak to have a fair chance against an optimal survivor team, to get a 2k.

    Clown for example. His chase potential is quite good, though it does depend on the addons he is using and what loop a survivor he is chasing is at. But his map pressure is absolutely awful, since he has no way to close any distance and in addition has to waste a lot of time reloading his bottles. And I personally just believe he has almost no chance at winning against an optimal team that is optimally organized, since he can't defend gens enough while also downing survivors fast enough to combat the speed at which survivors can repair gens. He just takes very long to get to gens he needs to get to, especially on very big maps that hurt him in particular. Of course not reloading can help a bit to reach gens a bit faster, but then he has no chase potential if he finds a survivor.

    However I'm not saying this because I've lost games with Clown. In fact I can admit that I probably barely ever had a game where I played him quite optimally. But I can also make statements based on my observations regarding this game's balance.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654683#Comment_654683

    Well then it doesn't matter what devs do.

    If you win against survivors they're just bad, if you lose against them they're optimal, it couldn't possibly be that the killer played poorly or played well.

    Just admit that sometimes you play poorly, I posted a video of a killer almost everyone agrees with is weak getting 32 4Ks over a few days while using speed limiter, it's entirely the person in control and the players you face that decides whether you win or not, it isn't always "survivors are op".

    So, 32 4Ks with speed limiter?


    I could get dnxudnsurjwnw 4Ks as perkless Wraith with the add-on that makes your TR emit when cloaked.


    We need to go by what we do know, not be something that happens once in a blue moon. :)

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654717#Comment_654717

    So, 32 4Ks with speed limiter?

    I could get dnxudnsurjwnw 4Ks as perkless Wraith with the add-on that makes your TR emit when cloaked.

    We need to go by what we do know, not be something that happens once in a blue moon. :)

    Great, another comment from you that makes literally 0 sense.

    I used it as an example as people like to bring up irrelevant Marth88 experiments to prove their point.

    It's like you ignore an entire conversation and pick out something you think you have something smart to reply with.

  • @Peanits said:

    I can't see how that would be necessary. You definitely don't need ruin. If you feel that it's worth a perk slot, as many do, you can always just use the perk. That is what perks are for, after all.

    Forcing it to be active all the time until a set number of hooks or generators have been completed would be pretty controversial. At that point, there is no counterplay. You can't just go find the totem. You just need to slog through it.

    yes you do need ruin, on every killer. It's pretty much manditory at red ranks because otherwise gens are done in 5 mins. Almost all streamers who play DBD use ruin, because it's needed too even have a chance of winning. Please add a second objective so red ranks isn't just loosing or playing Nurse.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651804#Comment_651804

    yes you do need ruin, on every killer. It's pretty much manditory at red ranks because otherwise gens are done in 5 mins. Almost all streamers who play DBD use ruin, because it's needed too even have a chance of winning. Please add a second objective so red ranks isn't just loosing or playing Nurse.

    chrome_17MSK2ddy1.png chrome_AuySwnROPy.png chrome_PHHLTxwA3U.png chrome_LOWBWTR0Jl.png

    You're just flat out wrong, though.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654952#Comment_654952

    One does not have to play like Marth and his squad. All it takes to win is to play smart, be aware of your surroundings as a survivor as well as be focused on the objective. Most people do not play this game smart, they make a lot of silly mistakes which sometimes can be very detrimental. Weak killer can play the game perfectly but will still lose due to time constraints - what is it so hard for you to understand here?

    I've never had an issue, honestly.

    I'm sorry that some of you can't play at rank one, i know it must hurt to put 2700 hours into dbd and still rely on ruin, or want ruin to be base. Devs have shown time and time again survival rate is below 50% which from the matches I play I usually end up 3 or 4king which is pretty high which might be the reason I don't whine as much on the forums about buffs as much as the rest of people idk.

  • One person who doesn't use ruin is not the majority. Plus you are playing Billy, which is a killer who doesn't need Ruin too win because of his ability. Good luck doing this with Legion, Plague, or Clown, because you will loose badly.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654974#Comment_654974

    One person who doesn't use ruin is not the majority. Plus you are playing Billy, which is a killer who doesn't need Ruin too win because of his ability. Good luck doing this with Legion, Plague, or Clown, because you will loose badly.

    None of the matches I posted were billy?


    Pig, Huntress, Nurse & Freddy

    DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping_kcp7AtLdI3.png DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping_PF5o4NBwQE.png


    DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping_SkCHs5XhNa.png

    Pig, Legion, Ghostface.

    idk man. game seems easy without ruin

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654947#Comment_654947

    Great, another comment from you that makes literally 0 sense.

    I used it as an example as people like to bring up irrelevant Marth88 experiments to prove their point.

    It's like you ignore an entire conversation and pick out something you think you have something smart to reply with.

    Ouch you basically insulted me with your first and third paragraph. Not cool. 👎


    You could've just sent me the second paragraph ONLY, and I would've understood what you was talking about because I obviously didn't know what your point was in the last comment.


    Now, to continue our conversation, yes I understand now where you're coming from, we shouldn't use rare, outrageous experiments to balance the game around. However, I can agree from both sides that generators do go a little too fast, and I can happily say we need a second objective. :)

  • I saw Freddy's ability and it looked like a chainsaw with the perk icons, my bad.

    But as someone said, I can 4k by tunneling, camping, and other scummy ways too play, but no one wants too do those things. Or I can if I get really bad survivors, But all optimal survivors will rush gens while you're chasing as someone who can't put pressure down.


    Edit: Plus, you are not posting other people's screenshots, only yourself, and again, most red rank killers need ruin because gens are done too fast, even tru3 has too and he's one of the best around.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654952#Comment_654952

    Ouch you basically insulted me with your first and third paragraph. Not cool. 👎

    You could've just sent me the second paragraph ONLY, and I would've understood what you was talking about because I obviously didn't know what your point was in the last comment.

    Now, to continue our conversation, yes I understand now where you're coming from, we shouldn't use rare, outrageous experiments to balance the game around. However, I can agree from both sides that generators do go a little too fast, and I can happily say we need a second objective. :)

    Survival rate with the weakest killer on the weakest map is 57%, and it obviously only goes up from there for the most part, if you want killer nerfs then sure, bring on a mandatory secondary objective and see where it gets us.

    -insert useless text formatting-

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654989#Comment_654989

    I saw Freddy's ability and it looked like a chainsaw with the perk icons, my bad.

    But as someone said, I can 4k by tunneling, camping, and other scummy ways too play, but no one wants too do those things. Or I can if I get really bad survivors, But all optimal survivors will rush gens while you're chasing as someone who can't put pressure down.

    Edit: Plus, you are not posting other people's screenshots, only yourself, and again, most red rank killers need ruin because gens are done too fast, even tru3 has too and he's one of the best around.

    Look at the points in my screenshots almost every player has 12K+ does it really look I 4Kd by tunneling everyone?

    I don't tunnel and I don't camp, and if I'm consistently 4King with camping you should have no issues 4King by playing with chases etc.?

    Edit: calling someone the best when they run ruin every game when there's literally killers who have never ran ruin, omegalul.

    See all the damage I do without ruin? Imagine if I cucked the survivors and started running it. It's a boring perk, it certainly isn't needed.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655011#Comment_655011

    Survival rate with the weakest killer on the weakest map is 57%, and it obviously only goes up from there for the most part, if you want killer nerfs then sure, bring on a mandatory secondary objective and see where it gets us.

    -insert useless text formatting-

    I know, if we get secondary objectives, we would need to nerf some things on the killer's side to compensate; I agree because it would be overkill on survivors.


    After we balance some things, the game will have a more healthy atmosphere to it because both sides can have fun. Survivors don't have to press M1 24/7, and killers will have a more time overall to sacrifice survivors for a 2K. :)

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655039#Comment_655039

    I know, if we get secondary objectives, we would need to nerf some things on the killer's side to compensate; I agree because it would be overkill on survivors.

    After we balance some things, the game will have a more healthy atmosphere to it because both sides can have fun. Survivors don't have to press M1 24/7, and killers will have a more time overall to sacrifice survivors for a 2K. :)

    If you think a secondary objective wouldn't somehow still be hold M1 I don't know what to tell you.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655056#Comment_655056

    If you think a secondary objective wouldn't somehow still be hold M1 I don't know what to tell you.

    Every game involves holding buttons and pressing different buttons at key moments, so we can't get rid of M1 completely. However, I can safely agree that moving around and being more interactive is far better than standing in one place for 80 seconds (rinse repeat).

    Even if the second objective spilts up the 80 seconds into 20 seconds elsewhere, that's still better than sitting in the same spot for 80 seconds.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654778#Comment_654778

    Well said. I agree with you 100%. Sure there are killers who will complain all the time about everything survivors have, but at the same time there are people who played this game for so long they can recognize weaknesses of some killers like the Clown.

    I play both sides in my 2800h and I want to see all killers viable, does not matter who they face. Good killers with legitimate complaints do not want to 4k every game - they want to have fair and enjoyable games. Poor map design, bad RNG, time pressure, bad addons, poorty designed and executed abilities of some killers are all legitimate complaints killers have. Sure you can win matches as perkless killer from rank 20-1 as was demonstrated by Marth in his Iron Challanges but that does not prove all killers are in a good spot. Too bad some people are just too blind to see it.

    Yes exactly. It goes both ways though. Survivor concerns get that treatment as well, sadly. Especially when it comes to camping. All the git gud comments that totally miss the point of survivors complaining about camping.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655056#Comment_655056

    If you think a secondary objective wouldn't somehow still be hold M1 I don't know what to tell you.

    I think most people hope for a second objective that involves exploring the map for it. Would probably be more fun than sitting on a generator for 80 seconds.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651804#Comment_651804

    yes you do need ruin, on every killer. It's pretty much manditory at red ranks because otherwise gens are done in 5 mins. Almost all streamers who play DBD use ruin, because it's needed too even have a chance of winning. Please add a second objective so red ranks isn't just loosing or playing Nurse.

    I'm not sure if you really need Ruin. Tru3ta1ent didn't use Ruin for some time and was able to 3k or 4k most matches I believe, not sure though. But it does force you to adapt with your playstyle. You definitely can't go for any long chases.

    It's hard to tell though, gens can go very fast, that's for sure, and the weaker killers can really suffer from that. Especially on big maps, but that's more of an map design issue, which maybe will get adressed with the upcoming map reworks.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655064#Comment_655064

    I think most people hope for a second objective that involves exploring the map for it. Would probably be more fun than sitting on a generator for 80 seconds.

    yes, waste more time searching for a secondary objective, just to then hold 80 seconds on a gen, sounds game changing!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655194#Comment_655194

    Wow, why you are so bitter man? I would gladly welcome secondary objective even at a cost of reducing gen times to 60s. Anything is better than just holding M1. I seriously don't get your attitude.

    because this doesn't add anything to the game play at all, this suggestion changes nothing.

    some people already search for totems, and then go hold M1 for 80 seconds. You want them to now walk somewhere, hold M1, and then go to the gens and hold M1.

    It adds nothing to the game that totems don't do for some people already, making something like totems mandatory is basically just extra totems and more time for the killers, which btw like I said, if you're good you'll basically 4K every time which is just unfun for the other side.

    Killers say survivor is so easy and they don't play it because it's boring, but they also want them to walk around the map and hold M1 even more like???

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655202#Comment_655202

    because this doesn't add anything to the game play at all, this suggestion changes nothing.

    some people already search for totems, and then go hold M1 for 80 seconds. You want them to now walk somewhere, hold M1, and then go to the gens and hold M1.

    It adds nothing to the game that totems don't do for some people already, making something like totems mandatory is basically just extra totems and more time for the killers, which btw like I said, if you're good you'll basically 4K every time which is just unfun for the other side.

    Killers say survivor is so easy and they don't play it because it's boring, but they also want them to walk around the map and hold M1 even more like???

    Who says it HAS too involve holding M1 for X seconds? It could be very different because the gameplay could be anything. It could be where you have too find an item, pick it up, and then carry it too a gen too get it started. It could be like Lanturns from t he Lunar event and would reset when you get hooked, but they couldn't be destroyed. There is so much that could be done, but something needs too be done.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/83284/build-in-ruin-basekit

    Short version: No

    Long Version: No, because it's already boring to hold M1 on a generator, and adding even more time to generators would really drive away experienced players.

    We need something that slows the game down, and is fun for everyone. Your suggestion does slow the game down, but isn't fun for the survivors.

    We need a second objective that makes survivors move around and be more interactive in the game.

    I will also add onto that:

    Rank/killer dependant buffs/nerfs arent a great idea in general

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651804#Comment_651804

    yes you do need ruin, on every killer. It's pretty much manditory at red ranks because otherwise gens are done in 5 mins. Almost all streamers who play DBD use ruin, because it's needed too even have a chance of winning. Please add a second objective so red ranks isn't just loosing or playing Nurse.

    You absolutely do not. I can say that as a fact as someone who does not use ruin and does use off-meta killers in red ranks.

    If you feel like it's worth a perk slot, hey, the more power to you, but there's nothing stopping you from using the perk. Adding it to the base kit is highly unnecessary.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654972#Comment_654972

    You absolutely do not. I can say that as a fact as someone who does not use ruin and does use off-meta killers in red ranks.

    If you feel like it's worth a perk slot, hey, the more power to you, but there's nothing stopping you from using the perk. Adding it to the base kit is highly unnecessary.

    I do agree for the most part ruin is not needed. However, I do think the chance of the killer is too map RNG dependent. I have seen several loop setups that the killer just has to leave due to them being structure loop setups. Which should be fixed internally. (High Hopes since Badham Rework)

    I also think the type of structures should also have a 'Loop money' type deal. Say we have 5 structure loop tiles they should be properly varied where no two strong structure loops are next to each other. While a survivor who can properly deal with these structures can still obtain an advantage. Ie: Double Jungle Gyms/L wall T walls with Shack combos should not exist.

  • “Almost all streamers who play DBD use ruin, because it's needed too even have a chance of winning.”

    I guess this is why people use self-care @BunnyTheHutt? I’m not currently in red ranks but I was before reset, before that reset and before that reset, ruin isn’t needed, it helps but it is very far from ‘needed’.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655907#Comment_655907

    Perks are also not needed but that does not mean there is a balance problem with time for most killers in the game even with Ruin on. Just so you know that is just an example from today - this game I had couple of minutes ago playing solo and I can tell you this match was FAST:

    https://imgur.com/DTYZ5Zp

    There was nothing this Huntress could do to stop it.

    Yes, however, the current mechanic is completely unfun to do from the survivor perspective. You can't expect people to have fun holding M1 for most of the game. It should have various tasks other than gens. Totems have no actual value and is a hold M1 master play as well. The survivor side needs an overhaul to make it more enjoyable, that gives them more defenses in a direct chase other than pallets, and causes a general increase of time.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655907#Comment_655907

    Perks are also not needed but that does not mean there is a balance problem with time for most killers in the game even with Ruin on. Just so you know that is just an example from today - this game I had couple of minutes ago playing solo and I can tell you this match was FAST:

    https://imgur.com/DTYZ5Zp

    There was nothing this Huntress could do to stop it.

    I won't judge from the end screen alone. There are so many things that the killer could have done wrong and the end screen shows none of that.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655927#Comment_655927

    I won't judge from the end screen alone. There are so many things that the killer could have done wrong and the end screen shows none of that.

    Although, I don't throw streamers as to be the all knowing all wise as some people do. There was a recent post by Tru3Talent

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsvZm6LlAZw

    Although, it looks click-bait esk the loop in question is no doubt strong. You had two strong structures and two strong loops alternating in a line. Luckily RNG of pallets caused one to not spawn and it was only 2 strong structures and a strong loop combo.

    However, due to tile rotation the loop structure created is almost unbeatable without the survivor making a severe foolish mistake. Which yes can happen, however, in many cases not likely.

    Yes, it was a non-meta killer and yes both sides made a mistake which caused the capitalization on the killer's side be a miss. However, the amount of 'Loop money' as you guys call it to a competent survivor could waste all 5 gens there on almost any killer.

    I do agree the killer could have played more optimally in that situation. However, to a decent survivor say against a billy. Could still waste 3 gens minimum on that alone before getting hit. Which there were also smaller loops nearby as well for safety nets as shown in the match as well.

  • best would be to make it so u have to find parts to repair generators,or a power designator tower to direct the generators power to the gates...

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655944#Comment_655944

    Although, I don't throw streamers as to be the all knowing all wise as some people do. There was a recent post by Tru3Talent

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsvZm6LlAZw

    Although, it looks click-bait esk the loop in question is no doubt strong. You had two strong structures and two strong loops alternating in a line. Luckily RNG of pallets caused one to not spawn and it was only 2 strong structures and a strong loop combo.

    However, due to tile rotation the loop structure created is almost unbeatable without the survivor making a severe foolish mistake. Which yes can happen, however, in many cases not likely.

    Yes, it was a non-meta killer and yes both sides made a mistake which caused the capitalization on the killer's side be a miss. However, the amount of 'Loop money' as you guys call it to a competent survivor could waste all 5 gens there on almost any killer.

    I do agree the killer could have played more optimally in that situation. However, to a decent survivor say against a billy. Could still waste 3 gens minimum on that alone before getting hit. Which there were also smaller loops nearby as well for safety nets as shown in the match as well.

    I wouldn't deny that some layouts can be a little too strong. In this case, the killer made a lot of mistakes and could have dealt with that setup much faster. This is something that's getting better over time (we're much more careful about where maze tiles can spawn in newer maps). Though this is a little off topic- ruin or not, if you can't catch the survivors, ruin isn't going to make a difference.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655963#Comment_655963

    I wouldn't deny that some layouts can be a little too strong. In this case, the killer made a lot of mistakes and could have dealt with that setup much faster. This is something that's getting better over time (we're much more careful about where maze tiles can spawn in newer maps). Though this is a little off topic- ruin or not, if you can't catch the survivors, ruin isn't going to make a difference.

    I do agree that it could be dealt with better than that particular killer. However, looking at the structures and orientation from the survivor and killer perspective. Killer shack can eat up to like 8 times if the killer makes a mistake and in this case 4-6 times around and use that left over pallet off to the side as the safety net and the loop is still there. Even in the events that they went down basement I believe was not in Killer Shack which means that side is just a safe zone.

    The problem with these loops is they are a combination of good structures and structures do not decay. Even with pallets gone you can easily come back and waste more time disregarding perks like Lithe. Which I will agree newer maps have dealt with this quite well except for a few RNG occasions.

    However, as I also agree Ruin is not base kit and would make survivors side even more miserable. Sorry for going a bit off topic.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    @SenzuDuck Also since you like screenshots that much:

    https://imgur.com/DTYZ5Zp

    Yeah sure thing bud. Ruin is not needed at all. Even as solo with random people if survivors are good at the game even hight rank killers will get rekt.

    Big IQ Thaznar.

    "You need ruin"

    Is the sentence I set to disprove, one screenshot at red ranks PROVES you do not NEED ruin. I think you need to understand what NEED means.

    And yes, you should be able to lose in red ranks, are you trying to say if you run run you shouldn't lose at all or something?

    I proved you dont NEED it, you proved... Nothing? Good job, bud.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655157#Comment_655157

    yes, waste more time searching for a secondary objective, just to then hold 80 seconds on a gen, sounds game changing!

    What the hell? They could maybe then reduce the gen time if there would be such a second objective. It's not about being game changing, some people just want the game to last a bit longer. And I was just explaining what other people would probably like to see as a second objective, which reuquires exploring and not holding more M1, because you said there could be no other objective that doesn't involve holding M1 even more.

    You really can't deal with people who have different opinions, can you? Cause you seem to get offensive to anyone who doesn't agree with you. Not that that's a rarity on these forums anyways. Many people here seem quite immature when it comes to that.

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655944#Comment_655944

    Although, I don't throw streamers as to be the all knowing all wise as some people do. There was a recent post by Tru3Talent

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsvZm6LlAZw

    Although, it looks click-bait esk the loop in question is no doubt strong. You had two strong structures and two strong loops alternating in a line. Luckily RNG of pallets caused one to not spawn and it was only 2 strong structures and a strong loop combo.

    However, due to tile rotation the loop structure created is almost unbeatable without the survivor making a severe foolish mistake. Which yes can happen, however, in many cases not likely.

    Yes, it was a non-meta killer and yes both sides made a mistake which caused the capitalization on the killer's side be a miss. However, the amount of 'Loop money' as you guys call it to a competent survivor could waste all 5 gens there on almost any killer.

    I do agree the killer could have played more optimally in that situation. However, to a decent survivor say against a billy. Could still waste 3 gens minimum on that alone before getting hit. Which there were also smaller loops nearby as well for safety nets as shown in the match as well.

    I mean, this is entirely a map design problem. Map design in general isn't that great in the game, but that's why we are getting reworks to them, which I am looking forward to. Which is also why I don't think we need any additional objective to increase the length of a match right now, I think map reworks are the answer. Some maps could be a bit smaller so that killers who can't cover large distances can apply map pressure a bit better.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/656324#Comment_656324

    Sad part is you also have not proved anything bud with your cute collection of screenshots where you destroyed random potatoes who were not even playing to win. My response was a screenshot of a team who knows what to do and how to win and we did. Huntress had Ruin and in the end she lost, because we were able to do gens with Ruin on but with slight delays. Without Ruin her match would have been miserable to say the least. This game has many more killers who are much weaker than huntress and you still think it's possible to win? Sorry but you're so full of yourself in sort of deluded kind of way it's not even funny anymore. I can't even take you seriously at this point.

    People who play this game all agree that not all killers are viable. Why do you think Marth's team destroyed killers in 100 games playing perkless? That means survivors also do not need perks to survive. If you use perks as a survivor you're bad according to your silly reasoning. All these killers had addons, perks and moris - didn't help them much. Too bad you just like to talk much instead of prove somthing like these guys did. If they ever will repeat their experiment feel free to join.

    The ol' killer favourite.

    "you aren't good, the survivors were just bad".

    I proved you dont need ruin at rank 1.

    Survivors who aren't trying to win always bring in purple flashlights and insta heals, right? I didn't read the rest of the post because it always makes me laugh. I've always been called a survivor main on these forums but somehow I seem to top all the 10/10 killers on this forum at their preferred side.

    I proved you DONT NEED ruin. Fact.

    and if out of the what, 7 games I posted they're all potato survivors it just proves that a tiny majority of players are the ones you guys are complaining about.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/656416#Comment_656416

    You proved nothing. Also survivors who bring insta-heals or keys are just bad, because they need these items, because they know they suck. I do not even bring anything into the match because there is no need for it. I use anything I'll find while playing.

    Your random collection of screenshots is pointless, because your thinking process is illogical. So basicly your screenshots proved something, yet Marths 100 games perkless did not prove anything. Oh man, you're just making a fool of yourself now. You only approve of evidence which is your comfortable little bubble - that's sad really. Do you really want to become the laughing stock of this forum? Well good luck bud, you're on the right track.

    I'm happy to be whatever the forum wants to label me as, I'm not the terrible player that needs my hand held and wants ruin to be basekit, the fact that you're arguing with me about NEEDING ruin is ridiculous.

    By the forums standards, barr one (the nurse match) I played "weak" "not viable" killers without ruin and still 4Kd most matches.

    I'm sorry but if I can play weak, unviable killers without a "needed" perk and still come up on top it PROVES YOU DONT NEED RUIN.

    Maybe if you're bad at the game you "need" ruin. But as you said, you can post 4K Rank 1 matches with 0 perks, yet further proof that ruin is not NEEDED.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654282#Comment_654282

    You do not understand what I am trying to say. I do not mind losing, because it is also a part of the game. I do not mind it when I have fun matches where I can earn BPS and I like versing skilled players. What I do mind however is the fact that most killers can be bullied hard, because survivors know they can get away with it. Skill is no longer involved in matches with instaheals, DS, meta perks, bad maps when you play killers who will struggle. Being pressed for time and knowing there is little you can do about it is frustrating to say the least. Each gen done for a regular M1 killer is a huge loss, because you can still be chasing one and others are free to do gens even faster. They will escape with no pips - safety pip at best, with little to no BPS but will still bully you because they escaped. What I care about is not winning or losing - it's the quality of the gameplay and matches. I'd love to play as immersed Myers to give survivors a scare once or twice and roleplay a little bit but I can't. That is the problem and issue most killers have. It's not about getting kills but survivors who do not even have to try to survive in a horror game.

    If there was a nail, you just hit it on the head. Most games become a race against the clock, and in efforts to keep up gen pressure involves breaking chases which hurts emblems. Even with 2 kills its possible to not pip or even de-pip In fast games depending on how shafted you get on emblems. Is this every game, by no means. But when i try and play builds on killers i truely enjoy it very often falls through. So i gotta run builds i find rather lame just to try and rank up. Which then encourages the typical meta builds which encourages more typical meta builds.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/656426#Comment_656426

    You can do many things without perks but that does not mean one has to be oblivious to the obvious balance issues if survivors play seriously and do not meme around.

    Having 1,8% win rate for killers in 100 matches where Marth played perkless is quite solid piece of evidence if you ask me. That sort of evidence you chose to ignore. Oh, yeah I'm sory your several screenshots are of much higher value. EXPERIMENT DISPROVED!! Oh Senzu you've shown me the way - you're the greatest killer, player DBD has to offer. Teach me your ways.

    Yes, Marths incredibly out dated experiment proves nothing.

    Where pipping was based on the amount of hooks you had obtained in a match, so they would intentionally abandon hooked players to force a "loss". You are indeed correct that this means NOTHING.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bng-JRBdq08&list=PLoJokCjX7gozpIVDM1qjmXSC7M1SXSP3C&index=3

    Using this game as a simple example, they intentionally let their friend die so the killer couldn't get any more hooks, this happens numerous times. They're playing like NO OTHER team EVER would.

    But sure, lets balance around them.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/656420#Comment_656420

    I'm happy to be whatever the forum wants to label me as, I'm not the terrible player that needs my hand held and wants ruin to be basekit, the fact that you're arguing with me about NEEDING ruin is ridiculous.

    By the forums standards, barr one (the nurse match) I played "weak" "not viable" killers without ruin and still 4Kd most matches.

    I'm sorry but if I can play weak, unviable killers without a "needed" perk and still come up on top it PROVES YOU DONT NEED RUIN.

    Maybe if you're bad at the game you "need" ruin. But as you said, you can post 4K Rank 1 matches with 0 perks, yet further proof that ruin is not NEEDED.

    When they say you need Ruin as a killer, they mean that you need Ruin as a killer to have a chance to win against optimal survivors, even when playing optimal as killer yourself. Something I'm not sure about, though I would say that's not really the case, the only problem being the bad map design of some maps.

    However, that's why showing a bunch of videos or screenshots where you win as a killer doesn't prove that you don't need Ruin to win against optimal survivors. It just proves you can win at red ranks without Ruin. Just like Marth's videos don't prove that killers have no chance against optimal survivors. Even more so since there have been many balance changes since then.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/656463#Comment_656463

    He played the game with emblems already in it. Sorry but once again you're wrong. Maybe you should watch some of these games first and than comment because so far you're just making a fool of yourself.

    I don't understand your point?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v45CtOvOFMg&list=PLoJokCjX7goy1osh2j5jW2bepe1iZAxBU&index=50

    Here's video 50, where him and his team, who have 1000's of hours in the game play against a rank 9 killer, very scientific and accurate for rank one gameplay.


    It's almost as if all his "experiments" have huge inconsistencies.

    The entire perkless experiment was done with the idea in mind that they would immediately leave the game and ignore the first person hooked to do gens, something I can't remember the last time I saw.

    His latest experiment on the emblem system has him playing against mid ranks and showing how unfair it is when you put players with 1000s of hours against randoms in match making.

    Oh look, here we go with 1000 hour players against a rank 14.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLU74JsaCzU&list=PLoJokCjX7goy1osh2j5jW2bepe1iZAxBU&index=46


    THIS JUST PROVES HOW UNBALANCED THE GAME IS OMG

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/656426#Comment_656426

    You can do many things without perks but that does not mean one has to be oblivious to the obvious balance issues if survivors play seriously and do not meme around.

    Having 1,8% win rate for killers in 100 matches where Marth played perkless is quite solid piece of evidence if you ask me. That sort of evidence you chose to ignore. Oh, yeah I'm sory your several screenshots are of much higher value. EXPERIMENT DISPROVED!! Oh Senzu you've shown me the way - you're the greatest killer, player DBD has to offer. Teach me your ways.

    100 matches of Marth's experiment don't necessarily prove anything either though. You don't know how many killers were actually playing optimally in those matches, and how rng affected the matches as well. Taking a series of matches doesn't really prove much at all. Also, when were those videos made? I'm pretty sure there have been many balancing changes since then, especially ones that buffed killers. Healing and pallet density nerfs come to mind right away.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/656481#Comment_656481

    Watch this:

    https://youtu.be/4kwvMKjXp94

    He explains perfectly in that video what the point of experiment was and that killers are constantly going against the clock.

    Of course killers are going against the clock, if they weren't there would be no point to the game.


    good job, Thaznar & Marth. You've proved that killers have a set amount of time to killer survivors, we should definitely change the game where killers don't have to care and have as much time as they want to 4K.

  • I've figured it out guys, I'm going to play 100 games against rank 20 survivors and show how OP killer is,

  • Healing Nerf = Killers asked for it

    Pallets Nerf = Killers asked for it

    DS Nerf = Killers asked for it

    Pallet Vacuum removed = Killers asked for it.


    I guess killers have no idea what they're talking about if none of this helped you, I'd argue that if none of this helped you you're probably just not very good at the game.

1 2 3 4