Let's talk about NOED

I think the mechanics of noed should be switched up because as it stands now, it's giving the killer another chance to easily down a survivor(s). 10% of the time, all the survivors cleanse all totems. Noed is just a free chance to down a survivor and I think its overpowered. After all the work a survivor does to complete all the gens just to get downed in one hit doesn't make much sense to me. Some people say cleanse all the totems but, I don't know where most of them are on any map and that takes a long time. Now that a one hit with noed requires one tick, its actually a buff for killers than before when a one hit required three ticks. Maybe make some requirements that the killer has ti do in order for noed to activate. Let me know what you think.

Tagged: Dev

Comments

  • @Wuhelm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/622978#Comment_622978

    Jesus, I main survivor and could not agree more. No in their mind they earned it and are entitled to win the game with no challenge. I rarely if ever get downed by NOED but they make it seem like it is the most powerful thing in the world. Hell EGC made hatch camping even worse so now survivors don't even rescue if they found hatch and you are on hooked. Survivors are far more toxic than killers by a large margin and want an ez game.

    thats the problem most mid low tier killers can be looped hard like one good survivor can be enough to stall game long enough to repair gens I play both roles I know how it is easy to play survivor u just need map knowledge and pallet spawns boom killers is fked

  • Killer "Maybe you do bones next time?"

    Survivor "AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT"

  • @Almo said:

    I don't agree NOED rewards a Killer for playing badly any more than Adrenaline rewards a Survivor for playing badly.

    You spend an entire perk slot maybe to get a bonus in the endgame. So you're playing handicapped. In addition, NOED has a simple counter: do the totems. They're not that hard to do, and they even award BP and now emblem progress as well.

    I feel like NOED in its original form, with no time limit or totem counter, was too much. As it stands, it just doesn't seem to be a real problem.

    Wait. Survivors played bad when they triggered Adrenaline?

  • Shush, I don't want it nerfed! :(

  • @Akuma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/626473#Comment_626473

    Wait. Survivors played bad when they triggered Adrenaline?

    Risking getting downed with one hit for finishing final gen is practically the same as risking final gen for ability to oneshot survivors. Survs don't care about getting healed because they get it for free. The same for killers, they encourage fast gens to get an oneshot ability faster.

  • @Mister_xD Repairing gens is enough especially when you have a noob on the team. I don't have time to cleanse like 5 totems, I don't know where they are and I don't have many maps. 95% of the time its an easy down for a killer but why does the killer deserve this instant down? You could say because I didn't cleanse all totems but like I said, that rarely happens. There needs to be some requirement for noed to activate because its just an easy one-hit shot for killers. Yea I also don't use decisive but at least you have to do something for it to activate.

  • I still love how people are complaining about a perk that gives killers a one shot... When you have killers who have a one shot ability built into the power.


    You know... Hill Billy goes around the entire match with a one shot.. so does Leatherface.

  • "Ah #########, here we go again".

    Devs said they won't change NOED, so making these type of threads is useless.

  • Ah, here we go again.

    NOED is OP number 4665678678869990.

    No, it's not. Do totems.

  • NOED cannot be nerfed until devs do anything about genrushing against killers with 0 map pressure like clown or wraith. It is almost impossible to use this killers against strong survivors without noed

  • There's 4 survivors and only 5 Totems on a Map, Most you can come across when not even looking, If you choose to ignore a Dull totem don't get mad when it lights up and becomes NOED.

    You'd think the BP Increase on Totems would give more incentive to do dull totems but still people complain. NOED is incredibly easy to counter if you and your team just do dull totems, It's 14 seconds. That's a Minute and 10 seconds of your time spread across the game to prevent NOED, Seems fair to me.

  • @TheBean said:

    I still love how people are complaining about a perk that gives killers a one shot... When you have killers who have a one shot ability built into the power.

    You know... Hill Billy goes around the entire match with a one shot.. so does Leatherface.

    Yeah with a hell of a lot faster speed boost on Billy but you don't see nearly as much complaining about him. I think it just makes people more salty because they're so close they can taste victory but then they get the taste slapped out of their mouth. It's not over until it's over though and gates are always a good last chance to snowball with or without the expose effect.

  • Oh look another one.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYFaybw9jp8



    What is there to talk about? Just cleanse the bones. You can do it with randoms, if everyone manages to find 1.25 of the totems in between the generators easy. If the killer runs ruin that means you all just need to cleanse one dull each.

    In a game where you're SWF there is no excuse whatsoever to be mad about NOED when you can comunicate with each other on the areas you've cleansed.


    Survivors run adrenaline more than half the time once you get to the upper half of the purple ranks all the way to red ranks. And most killers don't even bring NOED to counter Adrenaline. You also have things like bt. Instaheals are also still more common than everyone would like and those also swing the game.

  • @Almo said:

    I don't agree NOED rewards a Killer for playing badly any more than Adrenaline rewards a Survivor for playing badly.

    You spend an entire perk slot maybe to get a bonus in the endgame. So you're playing handicapped. In addition, NOED has a simple counter: do the totems. They're not that hard to do, and they even award BP and now emblem progress as well.

    I feel like NOED in its original form, with no time limit or totem counter, was too much. As it stands, it just doesn't seem to be a real problem.

    Has the idea of bringing old NOED out to play for Halloween (just Halloween) ever been brought up?

  • I am so sick of these posts over and over and over again

  • @Scal3r said:

    I am so sick of these posts over and over and over again

    In another hour there will most likely be another thread made crying for a hillbilly nerf "rolls eyes"

  • @grtf47 said:

    @Mister_xD Repairing gens is enough especially when you have a noob on the team. I don't have time to cleanse like 5 totems, I don't know where they are and I don't have many maps. 95% of the time its an easy down for a killer but why does the killer deserve this instant down? You could say because I didn't cleanse all totems but like I said, that rarely happens. There needs to be some requirement for noed to activate because its just an easy one-hit shot for killers. Yea I also don't use decisive but at least you have to do something for it to activate.

    'I don't have time to cleanse all 5 totems'

    Translation: I'm too lazy to do the secondary objective. Devs, please cater to me and remove NoED so I can lazily genrush & win in under 5 minutes. Anything preventing GGEZ is OP.


    'There needs to be a requirement for NoED'

    There is. Three, actually:

    1) Having a Dull Totem left on the map when the last Gen is done

    2) The last Gen being done.

    3) You have to hit a Survivor. This does not always happen if the exit gates are spread apart & you pick wrong. Or there's good loops nearby. Or the Survivors have good mobility perks.


    Stop whining for nerfs just because you're lazy. Cleanse totems.

  • Do the heckin’ bones.

  • Some of these replies are mindboggling

  • @Drazen said:

    same goes for decisive adrenaline bt etc cant count how many crutches survivors have

    Borrowed time is to counter camping which is either toxic or desperate.

    Adrenaline is a reward for doing objectives.

    Decisive counters tunneling which is either toxic or desperate.

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/622978#Comment_622978

    Borrowed time is to counter camping which is either toxic or desperate.

    Adrenaline is a reward for doing objectives.

    Decisive counters tunneling which is either toxic or desperate.

    Borrowed Time: Protects Survivors against bad plays in regards to unhooking.

    Adrenaline: Rewards a Survivor with 1-2 Health states simply for existing when the last Gen is completed. Even if they played bad & were on the ground/Never touched a Gen themselves.

    Decisive Strike: Rewards Survivors for bad plays that get them downed within 60 seconds of being unhooked.


    But I get it; Survivor perks are either fine or under powered, while Killer perks need to be nerfed every 2 weeks. This is the mantra of the Survivor Main.

  • @grtf47 said:

    @Mister_xD Repairing gens is enough especially when you have a noob on the team. I don't have time to cleanse like 5 totems, I don't know where they are and I don't have many maps. 95% of the time its an easy down for a killer but why does the killer deserve this instant down? You could say because I didn't cleanse all totems but like I said, that rarely happens. There needs to be some requirement for noed to activate because its just an easy one-hit shot for killers. Yea I also don't use decisive but at least you have to do something for it to activate.

    here is your reuirement:

    it requires the survivors to fail at their secondary objective


    a killer perk that is 100% survivor reliant is not in the need of a nerf.

  • Just. Do. The. Bones. Bring small game if you have to, it's that easy.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/629932#Comment_629932

    here is your reuirement:

    it requires the survivors to fail at their secondary objective

    a killer perk that is 100% survivor reliant is not in the need of a nerf.

    It requires the killer to fail both primary and secondary objectives

  • NOED is fine.

    The argument about adrenaline rewarding survivors for doing the objective and NOED rewards failing has one flaw. For NOED to activate a totem has to still stand which is in itself technically is survivors failing to do an objective which counters the perk.

    So both perks could be said to only activate when the other side fails to do enough to counter it.

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/630152#Comment_630152

    It requires the killer to fail both primary and secondary objectives

    nice try.

    thats not a requirement though, since the killer can fail as much as they want, if the survivors did the totems, the perk wont activate.

  • In my opinion NOED is very balanced and fair at its current stage. The only thing I can think of ATM that would improve it is that instead of igniting one totem it ignites all remaining totems and all have to be cleared in order to destroy NOED. Not only would that create incentive to clear totems but it would also reward your score in the long run late game. It give players exp running back in for teammates instead of opening the gate and ditching asap but that's another topic.

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/630152#Comment_630152

    It requires the killer to fail both primary and secondary objectives

    Actually a killer hasnt failed until the survivors escaped.

    While I'm at it, Adrenaline activates if ANY survivor finishes the last gen, even when the survivor runnint this perk hasnt touch a gen at all. Truly "getting rewarded for doing the objective", indeed.

  • NOED DOES NOT REWARD FAILURE!

    It mitigates it. There is a difference. You are always better off not letting the 5th gen pop even if you are running NOED.

    This is like saying Iron will rewards getting hit. It's mitigating the punishment of getting hit but it is still a punishment.

    In the case of NOED, the final gen poping removes all of your pressure and prevents you from getting any meaningful amount of it back.

    NOED doesn't give you the pressure back by itself, but it does give you the power to rebuild that pressure quickly.

    Compare that with Remember Me which mitigates the initial pressure removal.

  • @Umbrae_pk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/622978#Comment_622978

    nope. Because all those perks you listed REWARDS us for good gameplay. Not like NOED.

    NOED rewards bad gameplay on the killer side (because you failed to prevent gens from popping Hey, it happens).

    Decisive Strike + Borrowed Time: Anti- tunneling perks. Just don’t tunnel. Simple.

    Adrenaline: Doing the objective and succeeding!

    Your thoughts?

    Hurr durr I didnt do the totems like a smart player hurt durr nerf a perk that literally can be removed with 70 seconds of time spent doing totems grrr killers op. Also I made a mistake and got caught better have 3 second chance perks hurt durr. Dude noed is balanced just like the survivor perks are everything is fine and stop complaining about a perk you can literally stop by taking time to do so. Just like how killers can stop ds and bt by taking time to ignore you.

  • Cleanse the totems and NOED won't be a problem.

    Good talk.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/626473#Comment_626473

    Has the idea of bringing old NOED out to play for Halloween (just Halloween) ever been brought up?

    That has not been brought up, until you just did. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't do that. Old NOED was really horrible. :)

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/630023#Comment_630023

    That has not been brought up, until you just did. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't do that. Old NOED was really horrible. :)

    It was stupid strong for sure lol xD

  • And by being strong, it forced survivors to play smart. They left their teammates behind and GTFO'd, as they should do in many, many situations.

  • A Halloween event with old NOED and old DS would be horrifyingly horrible goodness.

  • @JESUS_CHRIST said:

    A Halloween event with old NOED and old DS would be horrifyingly horrible goodness.

    And not that prior DS.... that not obsession , insta strike on all 4 survivors DS....


    And with with this said I got an epiphany

  • @Almo said:

    I don't agree NOED rewards a Killer for playing badly any more than Adrenaline rewards a Survivor for playing badly.

    You spend an entire perk slot maybe to get a bonus in the endgame. So you're playing handicapped. In addition, NOED has a simple counter: do the totems. They're not that hard to do, and they even award BP and now emblem progress as well.

    I feel like NOED in its original form, with no time limit or totem counter, was too much. As it stands, it just doesn't seem to be a real problem.

    But there still is no totem counter... unless you guys are planning on adding one?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/630385#Comment_630385

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/630392#Comment_630392

    People who solo que are the ones who suffer the most from NOED. To them this perk is very unfair as they have no way of knowing how many totems are left uncleansed. SWF have no rights to even complain about NOED. That is the main problem - how to bridge the gap between solo que and SWF when it comes to NOED.

    Bring a map, with the red twine and you'll know if you've covered the map once where and if any totems are left. People have the tools, I mainly solo que as survivor and if noed pops I dont get butthurt cause it was preventable.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/630619#Comment_630619

    You cannot play all matches with a map. Items and addons are limited. Same could be said about old DS it was fine because Enduring, yet it got changed.

    Old ds was fine because you could just dribble, and your right you cant, but not every killer brings noed. If you want to complain about ifs and buts then assume every killer has noed and bring a map or detectives hunch. You have the tools to counter this almost useless perk but people dont want to give up their playstyle to do so.

  • Survivor : nerf noed

    Killers : do bones

    BHVR : Incrase: BP earned for doing bones

    Survivors: Nerf noed

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/630619#Comment_630619

    You cannot play all matches with a map. Items and addons are limited. Same could be said about old DS it was fine because Enduring, yet it got changed.

    Not every killer runs noed, if your gonna talk ifs and buts then bring detectives hunch, or small game. You have the tools but people dknt want to change their playstyle to do it. Also ds got changed but so did enduring. Ds wasn't an issue comparing noed to adrenaline would make more sense but the only counter to adrenaline is noed or plague.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/630191#Comment_630191

    It also requires survivors to fail their secondary objective - cleansing totems.

    Yeah and killers have to fail harder.

  • This is dumb, OP. You want to change NOED because you personally don't want to cleanse dull totems? It's an old perk that got reworked several times and now is in a state where survivors dictate whether it even activates and you STILL have a problem with it. If you don't cleanse totems you have no right to complain. It's a completely avoidable situation.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The only time NOED is a problem is for soloq. SWF can use comms to count how many totems have been cleansed, I do this when I'm stacked. But in solo, players have no idea how many totems are done and might just waste time looking for totems that are already cleansed. If there were a totem counter displayed on the HUD for soloq I don't think NOED would be a problem at all.

    The counters are there as mentioned before. Take a map with red twine. Use small game. There are counters again it comes to I can't be bothers doing totems because blah blah blah solo play. If you come to one that's been done by another player great one less you have to worry about. I solo que myself and get oh so much enjoyment when a killer does have noed.

  • I love how noed is always called a crutch perk. That rewards bad killer play. When it actually punishes bad survivor play. Yes you read that right. If your that worried about noed do totems .

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/630619#Comment_630619

    You cannot play all matches with a map. Items and addons are limited. Same could be said about old DS it was fine because Enduring, yet it got changed.

    Survivors keep items and add ons if they happen to survive though.


    And there has been many solo matches I was in that a map saved me and my fellow survivors.

  • @Kaelum said:

    @Umbrae_pk NOED rewards you for playing with only 3 perks through 5 gens, while you play with your food. Almo already countered your argument, so I’m not sure why you posted it.

    Your thoughts?

    Oh no!! I cannot BELIEVE I wasn’t think about these poor, poor killer souls that have to PLAY THE GAME with 5 gens. oh man, sorry, wasn’t thinking :/

    (bruh. sarcasm btw. rEwArD fOr pLaYiNg tHrOuGh 5 gEnS wItH 3 pErKs. boo hoo.)

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/622978#Comment_622978

    Borrowed time is to counter camping which is either toxic or desperate.

    Adrenaline is a reward for doing objectives.

    Decisive counters tunneling which is either toxic or desperate.

    Borrowed can be abused. DS isn't to stop tunneling, it gives Survivors immunity.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/630980#Comment_630980

    I understand taking those items or perks works but being forced to take those into every game just to counter one perk is kinda ridiculous. It's like taking Iron Will every game just to counter the Spirit when you may never play against that Killer. I don't have a problem with NOED myself, but having more information would help players in general rather than hoping your teammates are competent.

    So don't go into the match relying on your teammates yes keep them in mind play a team but do what you gotta do. When I run I don't take anything in with me besides offerings and I keep small game on I always find totems early game and get rid of them so bye bye noed.

  • @big_fellas I totally agree that its different playing as solo and in a SWF. You can communicate in a swf but in a solo, 10% chance you will cleanse all totems and 80% the killer will have noed. The thing is, the killer always runs what they run, but the player doesn't always run in a swf so thats the issue. At least a totem counter would help a lot.

1 2 3 4