What licenses do you NOT want in the game?

This may be an unpopular opinion but I'm not crazy about fnaf. The initial hype for this started when I was in elementary/middle school, so I think I just associate it with children, though I know adults play it and it has mature themes. I only played the first two so I don't have much of a personal connection to it. I don't hate the idea of a kid's pizzeria map, there's just way more iconic licenses to get to before this imo.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I think this topic came up in another thread a couple weeks ago, but off the top of my head some licenses I'd be ok not having in the game might be

    • Scooby Doo. I like Scooby Doo parodies well enough I guess but they're kind of jumping the shark and I definitely wouldn't want a Scooby Doo style killer in the game ("The Real Estate Scammer"). I could maybe see a couple of survivor skins that are homages to the Mystery Gang though. 🤷‍♂️
    • Any Rob Zombie movie. They all range from pretty bad to really, really terrible. House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects are some of the worst movies I've seen, I don't get how Rob Zombie keeps getting money to make horror movies.
    • They Live. This one is a cult favorite for reasons I can't possibly fathom, it's an incredibly bad movie. John Carpenter has some other movies that are pretty great (The Thing, Halloween, Escape from New York, In The Mouth of Madness) but he's also got some stinkers like They Live which don't deserve a chapter.
    • Anything professional wrestling related, including See No Evil starring Kane. Yeah there's a couple of actors like John Cena and The Rock who've gone on to make some really good stuff but they are definitely an exception. (CM Punk can go in that list of making interesting stuff too, he's responsible for the whole Jane Foster as Thor storyline in Marvel which was a great run!)
    • Sharknado. I would, though, unironically buy a Jaws chapter. 😄
    • Remakes. Just broadly speaking, I'd much rather they get the license for an original version of a movie than a remake. Give me the original Total Recall or Robocop or The Omen, not the remakes which are all worse. (And yes, to a lesser extent I'm looking at you, remake version of Freddy that's in the game which I kind of wish was the Robert Englund version.) It's not often that remakes are as good or better than the original. (I can think of a couple of examples like Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek Next Generation versus the original Star Trek but they're definitely exceptions)


  • I want all of them honestly, i don't care which license they are bringing. I don't mind them.

    But original chapters are usually lame, at least the last original killers were so lame and boring. Dredge, Trickster, Twins, Artist... Licensed killers are more fun.

  • A lot. Most of the licenses I'm sure that could get gotten would just be generic regular people or just gimmicky.

  • FNAF. Such a cringe

  • Nothing from the new Fnaf timeline(The VR game and onwards), the quality of the series took a sharp decline after UCN, it went from a horror series that everyone of any age could enjoy, to full on kid horror crap, even if we did get a Fnaf chapter based around the old games, I know they would fumble the writing terribly so I just don't want to see Fnaf ever.

  • Anything non-horror related, i'm fine with colabs but not full chapters.

  • @GRIG0 said:

    Anything non-horror related, i'm fine with colabs but not full chapters.

    This. I don't like to gatekeep but it's like action characters get added as guest characters to games all the time, dbd is the first and only thing to do that with horror characters. Horror fans are what's paying the bills here, It's a bit of a slap in the face

  • I wouldn't like FNaF either.

    I just don't think it fits into this game at all. Just imagine Springtrap (or whatever other Animatronic) running around the map, getting stunned by pallets and hooking people on meathooks - that is just so extremely far off anything FNaF related. This game could never capture the essence of what makes FNaF FNaF.

  • no more RE please, just attracts sweats and tryhards nemesis and weaker players r the worst

  • Anyone who won't like FNAF is asking to be upset in the future. xD Just sayin.

  • FNAF.

    Anything that's not really horror or horror-inspired.

  • I know I'll get heat for this but FNAF and Xenomorph. The xenomorph is not scary at all. Let's face it Aliens was a sci-fi not horror.

  • I'm fine with any horror license honestly.

    For non-horror licenses, I don't mind if there are collab cosmetics. I personally don't really want to see an entire chapter around a non-horror license.

  • Non-Horror licenses.

  • FNAF, Any remake of classic horror movies (the bad ones, anyway).

  • I'd be fine with most things, but -despite many liking it - I can't see the appeal in Chucky. It doesn't feel like it would work, having a little doll running after survivors. It would feel stranger than having a non-horror licence, because it's just comical.

    Not saying I'd throw a fit (for all I know, were he added he'd probably surprise me), but it just doesn't appeal to me.

  • FNAF and Jeepers Creepers. Both related to their creators, for very different reasons.

    Though there's also more reasons to it than just that.

  • I'm fine with any license for cosmetics, honestly.

    If they were to ever do a chapter for something like For Honor, Fortnite, etc. though, it'd be the first chapter I didn't purchase.

  • FNAF, story is absolutely ridiculous to me and the gameplay is basically the same thing between every game…but alittle different that way you can’t tell its the same thing as before


    Security Breach solved this problem but still I don’t like the whole concept more because aren’t almost every animatronic controlled by a child’s spirit as well? The entirety of FNAF messes with me morally and the story is way to convoluted


    Hell who would even be the survivor? I sure as hell am not motivated to play a security guard and if its just killer, how would they even attack as almost all the games the animatronics attack by screaming loudly at you, I just don’t get it, Pyramid Head gets a pass in DBD power wise as his power may not exist in game but is powered by silent hill instead in a way, you can’t just say “this childs spirit gave the robot powers”

  • @Hoodied said:

    FNAF, story is absolutely ridiculous to me and the gameplay is basically the same thing between every game…but alittle different that way you can’t tell its the same thing as before

    Security Breach solved this problem but still I don’t like the whole concept more because aren’t almost every animatronic controlled by a child’s spirit as well? The entirety of FNAF messes with me morally and the story is way to convoluted

    Hell who would even be the survivor? I sure as hell am not motivated to play a security guard and if its just killer, how would they even attack as almost all the games the animatronics attack by screaming loudly at you, I just don’t get it, Pyramid Head gets a pass in DBD power wise as his power may not exist in game but is powered by silent hill instead in a way, you can’t just say “this childs spirit gave the robot powers”

    It would be a solo chapter like Hellraiser and leatherface one killer

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3205582#Comment_3205582

    It would be a solo chapter like Hellraiser and leatherface one killer

    Even still, I just don’t like FNAF enough to even want it as a paragraph, no ill-will towards the creator, I just don’t like his game itself so its more of me disliking FNAF as a whole but if a chapter or paragraph was to be made I would probably care less or just be internally upset about having to still wait to see a big daddy in dbd

  • FNAF. Not because I dislike FNAF, but because I dislike the DBD community.

  • The last of us the game is cool but won't fit well into dbd and as a pc/ ps exclusive it would make issues for Xbox to use the license

    My favorite chaper was re but I guess my 2sd fav is the evil within

    I don't know who would make a good killer only 2 come to mind

    ( spoilers )

    Safe boy or the warden I think he's called

    Or the photographer and as you would suspect his power would be around photos and probably bending time

  • Games of Throne

    The Boys

    Persona /SMT

  • image.png

    Bruh the last good game including predator was AvP 2 from 2001. I really really wish this badass hunter was implemented to DBD.


    EDIT: LOL my bad. I didn't read what licence I do NOT want. Sorry ^^. In that case I dont wanna see FNAF in DBD

  • Stepping in with a quick reminder; please keep the discussion civil and on the topic of the thread, and to avoid things that would violate any of the Forum Rules. Thank you!

  • @LylakLavender said:

    I know I'll get heat for this but FNAF and Xenomorph. The xenomorph is not scary at all. Let's face it Aliens was a sci-fi not horror.

    You wouldn't be terrified if you were in a room with a xenomorph? Yeah, right....

  • FNAF and Jeepers Creepers

    Scooby Doo as well, would be okay with skins but otherwise nope.

    also there was a small cross over: I don’t want a For Honor chapter. Like.. they would probably create something I would enjoy, but I dont care for that license at all.

  • Creepypastas in general with one or two exceptions

    Most- if not anything superhero related

    Jeepers Creepers

    Certain Indie horror games such as Poppy Playtime, Bendy and Hello Neighbor just to name a few.

  • A licensed killer I DO want in the game is the Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth, since his character pretty much targets the helpless. He is so creepy! I think he would be perfect if the licensing would be possible, which I don't think it would be at this point.

  • @Davenport916 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3205476#Comment_3205476

    You wouldn't be terrified if you were in a room with a xenomorph? Yeah, right....

    We're talking about a game. Once again that's sci-fi not horror.

  • @DredgeyEdgey said:

    The last of us the game is cool but won't fit well into dbd and as a pc/ ps exclusive it would make issues for Xbox to use the license

    My favorite chaper was re but I guess my 2sd fav is the evil within

    I don't know who would make a good killer only 2 come to mind

    ( spoilers )

    Safe boy or the warden I think he's called

    Or the photographer and as you would suspect his power would be around photos and probably bending time

    Stefano would be quite interesting tbh adding a new mechanic with the time stuff.

    The Keeper and Ruvik could be nice additions too.

  • @Davenport916 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3205476#Comment_3205476

    You wouldn't be terrified if you were in a room with a xenomorph? Yeah, right....


    I need some rest because I could have sworn this said "your mom as a xenomorph".

  • @Coordi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3205772#Comment_3205772

    I need some rest because I could have sworn this said "your mom as a xenomorph".

    You and me both I read that the exact same way 😂

  • FNAF.

    It's so cringe. I've never understood how anyone was ever able to take it seriously.

  • I would LOVE fnaf unlike most people here.


    Uh Jeepers Creepers can Stay away...

  • @My_Aespa said:

    A licensed killer I DO want in the game is the Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth, since his character pretty much targets the helpless. He is so creepy! I think he would be perfect if the licensing would be possible, which I don't think it would be at this point.

    Pans labyrinth is legit my favorite movie other than RAW. So glad someone brought it up

  • Bioshock, because we should get System Shock instead. Better game, better killer.

  • Slenderman.

    Everyone seems to want him, but no one knows his story. Therefore, no one seems to realize that it's NOT a killer.

    So nothing to do in DBD.

  • Any license that has nothing to do with horror in any way. DbD is not a horror game, but it's horror-themed, so seeing a character/killer from a random battle game or something would be very disappointing in my opinion.

  • I'm gonna have an actual hot take and say Jason Vorhees, I just don't think there's anything interesting about them and they wouldn't bring anything new to the game so would be a waste of time.

  • @GRIG0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3205660#Comment_3205660

    Stefano would be quite interesting tbh adding a new mechanic with the time stuff.

    The Keeper and Ruvik could be nice additions too.

    Well I feel like ruvik would just end up being nurse in some way the other 2 epuld be cool

  • I said MCU/DC in the previous thread, so I'mma add another.

    Sorry Mooks, but I would really not like to see Don't Starve. Purely because I couldn't stand harming any of its characters. Wickerbottom deserves hugs, not meathooks to the shoulder.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3205901#Comment_3205901

    Pans labyrinth is legit my favorite movie other than RAW. So glad someone brought it up

    I love Pan's Labyrinth! He scared me so much as a kid and I just think it would add some creep factor back into the game.

  • @My_Aespa said:

    A licensed killer I DO want in the game is the Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth, since his character pretty much targets the helpless. He is so creepy! I think he would be perfect if the licensing would be possible, which I don't think it would be at this point.

    YES

    could being very unique and interesting mechanics as well!


    @GentlemanFridge said:

    I said MCU/DC in the previous thread, so I'mma add another.

    Sorry Mooks, but I would really not like to see Don't Starve. Purely because I couldn't stand harming any of its characters. Wickerbottom deserves hugs, not meathooks to the shoulder.

    I know.

    well, compromise: Maxwell as survivor. He kinda deserves it :) (though generally… nobody really deserves it, and that’s definitely not why I want them in DbD)

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    I would LOVE fnaf unlike most people here.

    Uh Jeepers Creepers can Stay away...

    @EQWashu why was my comment edited?

  • Childs play, I can really see why people like chucky I really do, that being said I have some serious issues with him. How can a doll actually physically do anything to anyone, I know it can be boiled down to "Horror logic" but personally a plastic doll that has voodoo was never a character I was ever interested in. At least imo.

‹ 1 2