Otz taking a break

He told on his live that he will be taking a break from playing the game, it's something about maps, cheaters + itens, he was taking something about losing matches that didn't seems fair. The void was called "first time since 2017 not having fun in dbd". I guess he deleted the void.

Additional data: he stoped trying to winstreak with Wesker after being sent to Eyre of crow, with a team that had 3 commodious toolboxes with 3 bnps and a purple medikit. After this match he closed the stream in the next day he opened the live telling that he didn't fell good playing the game anymore since there was tons of snipers+ cheaters.

He also told that he fells frustrated by seeing the game going in a direction and not being able to do anything for it.

Comments

  • @PaintedDeath said:

    Look, I respect Otz and he helped make me a better Killer and deserves commendation for that, but ever since the 6.1 update I've started to disagree with him more and more.

    I honestly feel like he failed to adapt to the new game. I watch his newest streams, and especially his newest build recommendations and I have a hard time agreeing with him. I feel like he approaches DBD as a competitive game, and it honestly isn't. DBD is a game where sweating is actually detrimental to the game, where shooting for "the win" makes the game bad.

    A Killer who "wants to win" is going to bring 4 Gen slowdown perks. They are going to be as oppressive as possible. They are going to hook camp, tunnel, all of the things that make the Durvivor experience undesirable.

    Same with Survivor though. Survivors who want to win will rely on SWF team mechanics, which IMO is tantamount to cheating, while doing their best to Harrang and irritate the Killer, destroying the Killer gameplay experience.

    IMO, this is actually why they went for the 6.1 update, to try and alleviate some of these symptoms. While yes, any Killer who wants to bring 4 slowdown perks still can, and I'm not on board with saying they shouldn't be able to, they shouldn't NEED to. When I run Killer, I try to bring 1 or 2 slowdowns, while building up what I feel will be a fun and challenging experience for the Survivors.

    A good example will be this video here OTZ made about a year ago.

    https://youtu.be/Esh94DQIwOs

    Literally no slowdown in the build, it's a build made to try and arrive just as the Gen pops and create mayhem. Honestly, should Otz win or lose this match, at least everyone was able to actually interact with the trial and play around with the situation the "power role" presented them.

    Think about the concept they are bringing with Make Your Maker, where one player creates a difficult situation and it's the other players job to deal with the situation. That's what playing Killer in DBD today is. It's here's what you have got to deal with, deal with it. Should the Survivors overcome your most dastardly design, well good for them, and if the Killer's implementation successfully stopped you, well then good for them. It's an appreciation for the other players actions that is missing from the DBD community. When I play Killer, and others escape, I am happy for them, especially when it was because they overcame rather than I failed. It means that I need to go back to the drawing board, analyze what went wrong, what worked well, and how I can do better. When I play as Survivor, I have to try to find the gaps, the holes. You've got to find the salvation, even if that salvation is being the last alive and finding the hatch. It's eking out that gate escape because I patiently waited for the Killer to patrol this gate and he got impatient and decided to spend just a little to long checking the other gate.

    I can't speak on the other issues Otz is having because they don't affect me. I dont have to worry about stream snipers. I rarely run into cheaters and hackers. When I do go against SWFs, even though I do consider their coordination essentially hacking, it is what it is. That doesn't mean I wasn't able to chase them down, it doesn't mean I wasn't able to implement my plan. It just means they were being fed information they weren't supposed to have, but at the same time who am I to say people shouldn't be able to play with their friends? It's just a dirty little reality we as Killer's have to accept.

    Maybe a little break from DBD is a good thing for Otz, it will give him the ability to hopefully change his view of the game and let go of these notions he's failed to let go of of the game that were potentially destroyed during the 6.1 update, and for good reason.

    0 gen defense is the worst, I'm sorry but it's kinda forced as you have no reward for doing your objective or going towards it.

    I personally want games longer than 5mins and I HAVE to use gen defense to ensure that happens just so I can get a game with some actual gameplay.

    Iv never been able to use fun builds like the one you showed, it's also why I hate adepts because it's just random if you get people that dont do gens. Otz has had some pretty lucky games back in the day with chill players just look at his AFK challenge where some of those games went on longer than most I have with gen defense even with downing faster.

    Prompts to otz for sticking to it without breaks I couldn't do it, but if hes finally getting enough of these issues when nothing has really changed for the higher level hes just finally experiencing it himself

  • He's taking a break from kill streak challenges. Not from the game itself.

  • They need to just wall off Epic Games from the rest of the player pool. The cheater wave started after the game was given away for free on Epic, so these guys made account after account to cheat with. They need to recognize the mistake and correct it. Make console only crossplay while you're at it

  • @Veinslay said:

    They need to just wall off Epic Games from the rest of the player pool. The cheater wave started after the game was given away for free on Epic, so these guys made account after account to cheat with. They need to recognize the mistake and correct it. Make console only crossplay while you're at it

    unfortunately hackers can bypass this, pc hackers were getting into console matches before crossplay was even officially turned on

  • @Zarathos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195323#Comment_3195323

    Honestly dont know why he didnt sooner. Different stroke for different folks i guess. Inevitably we all need a change of scenary. Farmet john did the same and he was much better for it.

    Changing game as streamer is dangerous if being a streamer is your main/only source of income, some people manage to make the switch and maintain the same or even bigger fanbase but others lose way too many spectators/revenue and are forced to go back or quit streaming altogether and find a job, I can understand why some of them force themselves to stream stuff they no longer enjoy, its like going to work a place you no longer enjoy but since it pays the bills you swallow it up and keep going in.

    @Veinslay said:

    They need to just wall off Epic Games from the rest of the player pool. The cheater wave started after the game was given away for free on Epic, so these guys made account after account to cheat with. They need to recognize the mistake and correct it. Make console only crossplay while you're at it

    Not a bad solution but I doubt it will ever happen, Im not sure 100% how EPIC games works exactly but as far as I know every free game they give away the creator receives money from EPIC like if it was a sale, even if they never launch the game, so making it less appealing will make less people getting it and thus less free money for BHVR in future giveaways. Funny side effect of a marketing campaign.

  • There’s a massive difference between being targeted by hackers and it ruining your games and bemoaning the fact that survivors are bringing stuff like toolboxes with BNP, using prove thyself and hyper focus etc.

    The former is a serious problem (Otz also mentioned DDOS as well) and seriously needs addressing. People say streamers shouldn’t get special privileges and I agree, but stuff needs to be put in place to stop people being held hostage for hours or face DC penalties through no fault of their own. I don’t understand why it seems like this isn’t a massive priority for the devs- it’s a seriously bad and embarrassing look for the game.

    The latter complaint however regarding “Gen rush” builds does come off a little (only a little) entitled. However to counter that, I think Otz probably now feels like through a combination of various factors that he can’t really do any special challenges anymore, which is probably going to render the game very stale for him. Whatever side you’re playing, there are stronger perks/add ons/items etc that you can bring and unfortunately if you don’t bring those things (which Otz tries not to) and the opposition brings the strongest things they can then the match will be tough and you’ll probably lose. At which point there’s no point crying about it. But it means stuff like challenges and win streaks are probably too stressful to even bother with now and with that I do sympathise.

  • Wow, Otz taking a break says a lot about the state of the game…

  • That sucks... But it's good to take a break

  • Probably a good thing. He's entertaining to watch, but the killstreaks haven't really been my favorite especially with the cheaters making it mostly impossible.

    The minute that he starts having difficulty with the match he kind of goes into a frenzy trying to figure out if they're cheating. Which kind of causes him to start making a lot of bad decisions. Chat then starts acting like an ass and he lets them get to him. Or he'll be in one of his killstreak mindsets but will just let people get free unhooks when they misplay. I'm all for playing more kind in the name of sportsmanship, but playing nice while you're intentionally trying a challenge that requires you not to and then complaining about how you can't play nice and still dominate is a bit strange to me.

    He also doesn't use addons intentionally for the challenge but bemoans survivors for not playing by the same arbitrary rules he decided for his challenge. Like he expects people to just drop their toolboxes with BNPs just because he's playing Wesker with no addons but they have no idea he's using no addons and they... want to win too?

    I hope he starts to feel a bit better. Definitely one of the more wholesome streamers and helped me learn a lot about the game. He's pretty clearly not been having fun lately.

    And the cheater problem at his MMR is pretty serious right now. I don't think I run into it at my current level but major streamers seem to run into it constantly.

  • @Config said:

    He told on his live that he will be taking a break from playing the game, it's something about maps, cheaters + itens, he was taking something about losing matches that didn't seems fair. The void was called "first time since 2017 not having fun in dbd". I guess he deleted the void.

    It is true, the game might be in the best spot it has ever been in (in my eyes) but it is also in one of its most problematic times.

  • Good riddance I say, the dude accuses anyone who outplays him of hacking in some way shape or form, otz is a good player don't get me wrong and he's friendly but when he gets outplayed he flips a switch and starts questioning the survivors immediately, and acting like the game doesn't count because he "thinks" someone might be hacking.

  • @Bartlaus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195223#Comment_3195223

    I'm not saying I'm glad he's taking a break, but it's certainly good for his sanity. I'm just tired of all these "streamer xy told us the truth and we stop using our own brain" posts. I will never understand why you always have to mention content creator in the forum to support your own opinion. Maybe that's why I react sarcastically to such posts.

    Because may you like it or not, he's probably the biggest face of DBD. It's not about being a streamer or voicing an opinion, everybody got one, and I dont think thats the point of OP.


    He's been broadcasting "Into the fog" event, the ONE and ONLY official DBD event, and 2 days later he's off the game ? The dude is real with himself and doesn't force himself to play /sell the game. This is just sad to actually see this type of stuff happen.

  • Going to admit OTZ is one of the few big content creators that motivates me to keep trying to help new players. OTZ has always been an amazing source of information and always helpful to all skill levels of the community. I remember the last stream of his I saw (I don't watch Twitch often) on his Wesker streak attempts and he was incredibly frustrated and paranoid dealing with snipers which understandably so.

    I feel a break would be good for him - Enjoy other things in life. He doesn't owe this game anything.

  • @Bartlaus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195223#Comment_3195223

    I'm not saying I'm glad he's taking a break, but it's certainly good for his sanity. I'm just tired of all these "streamer xy told us the truth and we stop using our own brain" posts. I will never understand why you always have to mention content creator in the forum to support your own opinion. Maybe that's why I react sarcastically to such posts.

    A part of the community is to blame, the streamer has nothing to do with it tbh.

    If you choose to blindly follow someone's rule book, it's on you not the streamer.

    Overall he was a chill dude, probably the only killer main streamer i was watching. Not always saying "Oh bloody ded ard" or whatever lol

  • @SoulKey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195232#Comment_3195232

    A part of the community is to blame, the streamer has nothing to do with it tbh.

    If you choose to blindly follow someone's rule book, it's on you not the streamer.

    Overall he was a chill dude, probably the only killer main streamer i was watching. Not always saying "Oh bloody ded ard" or whatever lol

    I love and hate that in my mind I read your last sentence in a very northern English accent.

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195243#Comment_3195243

    Or it could just be cheaters and stream snipers causing the issue, which really has nothing to do with the game.

    I watched his first game on the stream and at the 10 minute mark he goes into more detail and, yes, it sounds like a lot of it has to do with him being tired of stream snipers and cheaters. It also sounds like he’s still probably going to play DbD but just isn’t interested in doing crazy challenges and such, he might be thinking of just splitting his time between DbD casual games for fun and other games he hasn’t tried yet like Hades which he was playing at the end of the stream.

    P.S. Also a bit later he goes on to say the game itself is actually overall in the best shape its ever been for most players, it’s the issues he has as a high profile streamer that are frustrating him (sniping, cheating, mostly going against Nurse and Blight at his MMR, problems at his MMR with Hyperfocus right now, etc.) None of which impacts average players, it’s instead high end, prolific player/streamer issues.

  • He should stop doing kill streaks and then tank his MMR offstream! That way he can go back to having fun with Trapper or something

  • @Bran said:

    If a loyal player takes a break, then it probably shows there are issues. I may not agree with everything Otz says, but hey...we all have our limits I suppose.

    Think we all need a small break from games from time to time, even one of the best players.

  • Surprised this has not happened sooner. The burn out he must feel from the amount of time he puts into this game. Plus all his YouTube content too.

  • He can go and play Civilization

  • "he stoped trying to winstreak with Wesker after being sent to Eyre of crow, with a team that had 3 commodious toolboxes with 3 bnps and a purple medikit."

    So because a killer main is not able to have a non-stop winstreak he finds it not fun? There is a reason survivors are quitting the game because killers are entitled to win every single game and the game is giving it to them now.

    Message to all killer mains and streamers: Getting a 4K should actually be rare, you are not supposed to noob stomp every team with ease. If it is happening, it means something is bad wrong with the balance of the game. Whenever I watched Otz, he wins all the time. Shouldn't be a thing. There is two sides to the game and both sides deserve fair and equal chances at winning.

  • I mean, with all the respect to Otz, for a guy that makes 50k a month playing dbd. I wouldve quit it long time ago, no amount of money can help you endure what he has to.. Beeing a succesful streamer day in day out playing dbd, insanity!!!!!!


    Hope devs will figure out, but i doubt it. Good luck to Otz whatever he does.

  • Don’t blame him, cheaters make the game unplayable.

  • @OrangeBear said:

    Do you have clip for this? Last time i was watching him he said that he wouldn't be taking a break because he feels like that would be letting the cheaters/snipers win.

    The first 30min of his most recent broadcast is filled with him discussing his frustrations as of late.

    This is more speculation on my part, as he maintains the position that it is just cheaters & snipers driving him away from the game, but I believe he feels helpless (about all of the game's problems) despite his status and contributions to the community, and is in need of something that will give him satisfying returns on his investments.


    Here is a clip from his last stream, talking about taking a break. I labeled it 'Part 1' as I anticipate finding something a little more concrete later, which I can link you to as well, because this is in no way an official statement about taking a leave from DBD.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/AmorphousCreativeJayCopyThis-RPRT0MHIIi1bXwXn

    Edit: Otz clarifying to his viewers that he still wants to play DBD

    https://clips.twitch.tv/FastPricklyClintKlappa-Na6HBJ3sEXTYPAWv


  • @The_Krapper said:

    Good riddance I say, the dude accuses anyone who outplays him of hacking in some way shape or form, otz is a good player don't get me wrong and he's friendly but when he gets outplayed he flips a switch and starts questioning the survivors immediately, and acting like the game doesn't count because he "thinks" someone might be hacking.

    As someone who's gotten fed up with the cheater paranoia, I will say it's not completely Otz's fault.

    For starters, he has started encountering cheaters way more than he used to, especially since anonymous mode was added. Not only that but he actually had a stream or two where a specific cheater was going out of their way to target him but they were doing it in a subtle way until the end

    Another thing is his chat. His chat makes the issue 10x worse because even if Otz goes like "huh that was odd" his chat is there spamming stuff like "lol obvious auto DH" "obvious cheater lol" and it just creates a really bad environment. I don't blame him for being a bit paranoid about it but when you're a big streamer it goes from "huh that was weird" to walls of messages saying "lol that's not legit"

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195300#Comment_3195300

    The first 30min of his most recent broadcast is filled with him discussing his frustrations as of late.

    This is more speculation on my part, as he maintains the position that it is just cheaters & snipers driving him away from the game, but I believe he feels helpless (about all of the game's problems) despite his status and contributions to the community, and is in need of something that will give him satisfying returns on his investments.

    Here is a clip from his last stream, talking about taking a break. I labeled it 'Part 1' as I anticipate finding something a little more concrete later, which I can link you to as well, because this is in no way an official statement about taking a leave from DBD.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/AmorphousCreativeJayCopyThis-RPRT0MHIIi1bXwXn

    Edit: Otz clarifying to his viewers that he still wants to play DBD

    https://clips.twitch.tv/FastPricklyClintKlappa-Na6HBJ3sEXTYPAWv

    I'm on console and can't lobby shop, but of the 3 most recent hackers I had to report over the weekend, 2 out of 3 were anonymous mode

  • Back to Souls with he.

  • Can't blame him.

    It's hard to know if someone's subtly cheating or just good and it can absolutely ######### with you.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195488#Comment_3195488

    As someone who's gotten fed up with the cheater paranoia, I will say it's not completely Otz's fault.

    For starters, he has started encountering cheaters way more than he used to, especially since anonymous mode was added. Not only that but he actually had a stream or two where a specific cheater was going out of their way to target him but they were doing it in a subtle way until the end

    Another thing is his chat. His chat makes the issue 10x worse because even if Otz goes like "huh that was odd" his chat is there spamming stuff like "lol obvious auto DH" "obvious cheater lol" and it just creates a really bad environment. I don't blame him for being a bit paranoid about it but when you're a big streamer it goes from "huh that was weird" to walls of messages saying "lol that's not legit"

    On the last bit, that's an issue with any large streamer.

    I faced a big streamer a while back and their chat was so insisted that I was cheating because I was able to sneak away injured without Iron Will largely due to Shadow Step.

  • Oh a reporting system relying entirely on players to record all their games and do all the work backed up only by a terrible anti-cheat that doesn't really work is leading to the game being miserable? Who could have possibly seen this coming?

    BHVR has been ignoring this issue for years and it's finally becoming too much, we'll see if they take it more seriously now that the game is becoming literally unstreamable but probably not.

  • @Xendritch said:

    Oh a reporting system relying entirely on players to record all their games and do all the work backed up only by a terrible anti-cheat that doesn't really work is leading to the game being miserable? Who could have possibly seen this coming?

    BHVR has been ignoring this issue for years and it's finally becoming too much, we'll see if they take it more seriously now that the game is becoming literally unstreamable but probably not.

    I've never reported people because recording full games on Xbox is basically impossible

  • @Config said:

    He told on his live that he will be taking a break from playing the game, it's something about maps, cheaters + itens, he was taking something about losing matches that didn't seems fair. The void was called "first time since 2017 not having fun in dbd". I guess he deleted the void.

    He is on a list and you could get into his games, guaranteed, for money.

  • Just FYI Otz posted a YouTube explanation of his thinking right now. Basically it boils down to how when he streams he is constantly worried about being streamsniped, cheaters, and even worse DDOS'd. So it's all issues with being a prolific streamer of the game versus the actual game mechanics that's frustrating him currently.

    https://youtu.be/UcWlJBf5XuQ


  • He is rich through his streams, he dont deserve to complain when it is literally his job and a easy one compared to many other jobs. Stream sniping is bad, yes, but he gets money from it so no need to be sore, hacks are annoying and should be banned but he is paid to endure that, DBD gave him A LOT of money through views, donations and increase in popularity. He is using vpn, good, DDOS is awful, but he surely wont quit of course, why would he? Either way there is no need to feel bad for him, yes the issues are glaring, cheaters, sniping and DDOS attacks are bad especially DDOS, but gaining THAT MUCH MONEY he gets from it i would not complain at all.

  • @INoLuv said:

    He is rich through his streams, he dont deserve to complain when it is literally his job and a easy one compared to many other jobs. Stream sniping is bad, yes, but he gets money from it so no need to be sore, hacks are annoying and should be banned but he is paid to endure that, DBD gave him A LOT of money through views, donations and increase in popularity. He is using vpn, good, DDOS is awful, but he surely wont quit of course, why would he? Either way there is no need to feel bad for him, yes the issues are glaring, cheaters, sniping and DDOS attacks are bad especially DDOS, but gaining THAT MUCH MONEY he gets from it i would not complain at all.

    People should deal with harassment just because they are making money. ######### off with this.

  • I really don't get the thing with gen times.

    "Oh no, the game is in such a bad state right now, because of BNPs" – dude like, you played the game back when BNPs were insta gens.


    Gen times are at their slowest in history.


    Keep nerfing all speeds, but don't buff solo Q.


    Gen times are NOT a problem. SWF is the problem.


    When playing solo q, you have to be lucky to see 1 gen pass. Let alone 5.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195791#Comment_3195791

    People should deal with harassment just because they are making money. ######### off with this.

    In his case, just use the vpn like he is doing and is alright. His problem is not that awful and traumatic, LOADS of money from literally just streaming and playing, tell me you wont love to exchange a normal underwhelming job for his job which is to PLAY and sometimes make guides (still wayyy better than any other job). No, he is not suffering that much, his "harassment" is not that big of a deal, right now he is streaming as always.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195488#Comment_3195488

    As someone who's gotten fed up with the cheater paranoia, I will say it's not completely Otz's fault.

    For starters, he has started encountering cheaters way more than he used to, especially since anonymous mode was added. Not only that but he actually had a stream or two where a specific cheater was going out of their way to target him but they were doing it in a subtle way until the end

    Another thing is his chat. His chat makes the issue 10x worse because even if Otz goes like "huh that was odd" his chat is there spamming stuff like "lol obvious auto DH" "obvious cheater lol" and it just creates a really bad environment. I don't blame him for being a bit paranoid about it but when you're a big streamer it goes from "huh that was weird" to walls of messages saying "lol that's not legit"

    @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195681#Comment_3195681

    On the last bit, that's an issue with any large streamer.

    I faced a big streamer a while back and their chat was so insisted that I was cheating because I was able to sneak away injured without Iron Will largely due to Shadow Step.

    Yeah most streamer chats are echo-chambers, Ive been accused like five times of subtle cheating as Myers by increasing my speed, it always goes as this "Uh this Myers looks fast" then the chat starts "he is cheating, either PWYF or he is cheating" and then "lol obvious subtle cheater", if they bring the accusation in post game chat I try to reason with them due to Myers animations he seems slower than he really is, even if the streamer ends up convinced the chat still spams "cheater, cheater, cheater".

    Being sorrounded by people bombarding you with the same ideas over and over cant be good for your own perception of the world, happens a lot in real world, sometimes Something™ gets blown out of proportion by the press and suddenly everyone is afraid of Something™, even when the cops go out and say there was only one case in the last year people are still super scared of being victims of Something™.

  • @INoLuv said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195795#Comment_3195795

    In his case, just use the vpn like he is doing and is alright. His problem is not that awful and traumatic, LOADS of money from literally just streaming and playing, tell me you wont love to exchange a normal underwhelming job for his job which is to PLAY and sometimes make guides (still wayyy better than any other job). No, he is not suffering that much, his "harassment" is not that big of a deal, right now he is streaming as always.

    If Brad Pitt has a dude following him around that pokes him in the face every 20 seconds is he just not allowed to complain about it?

  • @Xendritch said:

    Oh a reporting system relying entirely on players to record all their games and do all the work backed up only by a terrible anti-cheat that doesn't really work is leading to the game being miserable? Who could have possibly seen this coming?

    BHVR has been ignoring this issue for years and it's finally becoming too much, we'll see if they take it more seriously now that the game is becoming literally unstreamable but probably not.

    I played against a Nemesis the other day who was running more than 4 perks.

    Because I was running Saboteur, I could see he had Monstrous Shrine. He was also running Devour Hope, Undying, Ruin, Haunted Ground, and cleansing totems took about as long as if he had Thrill of the Hunt.


    I said to my friends very early in the trial, "This killer is cheating, but we have no way of proving it to the devs. The video file size to prove he is cheating would be too large for their system to process. Everyone report in post-game, and then laugh about how our report will get thrown out for lacking a ticket and evidence."

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195797#Comment_3195797

    By slowest in history....Do you mean fastest ? Right after they increased gen times. They made it ######### possible to solo a gen in 47 seconds.

    The fastest solo gen in history was as fast as you could press m2 and space. Which wasn't longer than .5 seconds.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195799#Comment_3195799

    If Brad Pitt has a dude following him around that pokes him in the face every 20 seconds is he just not allowed to complain about it?

    This is what is happening to Otz? He is streaming and i dont see it, i just see he complaining that a killer was camping and that a killer hit him on hook at endgame chat.

  • @INoLuv said:

    He is rich through his streams, he dont deserve to complain when it is literally his job and a easy one compared to many other jobs. Stream sniping is bad, yes, but he gets money from it so no need to be sore, hacks are annoying and should be banned but he is paid to endure that, DBD gave him A LOT of money through views, donations and increase in popularity. He is using vpn, good, DDOS is awful, but he surely wont quit of course, why would he? Either way there is no need to feel bad for him, yes the issues are glaring, cheaters, sniping and DDOS attacks are bad especially DDOS, but gaining THAT MUCH MONEY he gets from it i would not complain at all.

    He is rich through his streams, he dont deserve to complain when it is literally his job

    You are making it worse, since streaming is his source of income and they are not letting him earn a living. Anyone who gets to his workplace and finds someone not letting them perform it would call the cops and they would deal with the situation but alas, the cops in this case are using an anticheat that doesnt work instead of handcuffs and nighsticks...

  • @INoLuv said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195821#Comment_3195821

    This is what is happening to Otz? He is streaming and i dont see it, i just see he complaining that a killer was camping and that a killer hit him on hook at endgame chat.

    Actually its even worse. A better comparison would be if Brad Pitt was filming a movie and a guy poked him every 20 seconds, ruining the scene and making the movie unable to be completed. That's what the cheaters are to streamers.

  • Wow... the idea that Otz should just shut up and accept this treatment because he is very successful is just an appalling sentiment. No wonder I rarely play DBD now, the attitude of many who play this game is really awful and it often ruined my day.

  • It's honestly hard to believe how little communication BHVR is doing about this whole cheater problem. We understand that you can't fix everything overnight but not even aknowledging the problem and remaining silent is not going to work. There have been various ideas on how to deal with the situation but nothing has changed. I understand why Otz would decide not to stream DBD anymore when he has to worry every single game about getting stream sniped, held hostage or apparently even getting ddosed.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195791#Comment_3195791

    He is rich through his streams, he dont deserve to complain when it is literally his job

    You are making it worse, since streaming is his source of income and they are not letting him earn a living. Anyone who gets to his workplace and finds someone not letting them perform it would call the cops and they would deal with the situation but alas, the cops in this case are using an anticheat that doesnt work instead of handcuffs and nighsticks...

    He is able to stream, he is doing it right now, it is not making him impossible to stream well, dont be dramatic.

    @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195849#Comment_3195849

    Actually its even worse. A better comparison would be if Brad Pitt was filming a movie and a guy poked him every 20 seconds, ruining the scene and making the movie unable to be completed. That's what the cheaters are to streamers.

    Cheaters are a problem, yes, but he is still able to stream and DCing wont hurt, we all do it. He still can get money easily from it without much effort, even playing as survivor he still is doing well, he dont need to perform on killer games every time to be paid, Brad pitt is performing every time, his case is actually bad if happens.

    @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    Wow... the idea that Otz should just shut up and accept this treatment because he is very successful is just an appalling sentiment. No wonder I rarely play DBD now, the attitude of many who play this game is really awful and it often ruined my day.

    I bet you would love to be in his place and would not complain. His problem is so bad that now today he was upset that the killer was camping and that a killer hit him on hook, he spend then some time talking about killers who camp, so the DDOS is such a big problem that he spends most of his time whining about camping, okay. He is doing perfectly well.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195784#Comment_3195784

    I played against a Nemesis the other day who was running more than 4 perks.

    Because I was running Saboteur, I could see he had Monstrous Shrine. He was also running Devour Hope, Undying, Ruin, Haunted Ground, and cleansing totems took about as long as if he had Thrill of the Hunt.

    I said to my friends very early in the trial, "This killer is cheating, but we have no way of proving it to the devs. The video file size to prove he is cheating would be too large for their system to process. Everyone report in post-game, and then laugh about how our report will get thrown out for lacking a ticket and evidence."

    Even if the video file is heavy, you can post it on Youtube as private and share the link in the support's ticket. That's what i always do.

  • In a way I'm glad he feels the same way I do about this game nowadays. Not glad that he feels this way, but the fact that I don't feel alone. I also don't stream and I still ran into similar issues he complained about. And I get it. He tried to be the voice of the community and the devs ignored him (and many others) and it's frustrating. I really hope the devs hear him out because this is where we all are with this game. Fed up.

    I'd love to keep playing but the game needs some major overhauls... Cheating overall. Auto dead-hard, stream-sniping, subtle cheats in general... This is how games die and I would hate to see DBD die as well but here we are. Not enough is being done to quell the cheats and it feels like it's not a priority. But like I said, I hope the devs have something up their sleeve.

    Then there's the killers who have never been fixed. Freddy, Sadako, ect. And solo Q is a mess. Hate messages on console that never stop (and won't without anonymous mode).

    Main point, I don't feel safe playing this game like Otz says. So now I'm playing solo games as this game has literally ruined my online gaming experience.

  • And while you all write a lot of words, Otz is streaming right now. He is streaming DbD. He just finished a match with plague, and he chose hag for next match. Just to let you know.

1 2 3