Why are devs so silent on midchapter desaster?

Let's be honest. The midchapter is a desaster on several levels. When do we get some statements on the miserable situation? Will they try to sit it out? Do they think data will change miraculously if they waitlong enough? Feedback from ptb was ignored, they purposely forced their "balancing" unto the community. How long do we have to suffer from this disastrous midchapter? How many players are they willing to sacrifice for their unreasonable changes? They really need to put up some extraordinary statement to justify this mess.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099612#Comment_3099612

    I'm sticking it out, in fact I'm already on page 8 of the rift, that's how much I have been playing. It's still not ok and only people who dont play solo q say it is ok.

    Is it really so unfathomable that people legitimately disagree with you?

    I play solo queue. The problems it has right now are the problems it's always had, and those problems did not get substantially worse with this patch when you correct for the idiots giving up immediately. In fact, certain problems that solo queue has had for a while got very slightly better.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099625#Comment_3099625

    I mentioned Scott Jund and Coconuts for instance above.

    Arent those 2 killer mains?

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099615#Comment_3099615

    Why do solo q players need to "get used" to changes and killers can just whine for more nerfs?

    Arent you the killer main who made a thread saying you are a solo q player but then said you only play survivor 30% of the time?

    No, I'm not. I am the one who plays 70% killer before the patch and now 70% survivor after the patch with 7500 hours and only solo Q

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099614#Comment_3099614

    Is it really so unfathomable that people legitimately disagree with you?

    I play solo queue. The problems it has right now are the problems it's always had, and those problems did not get substantially worse with this patch when you correct for the idiots giving up immediately. In fact, certain problems that solo queue has had for a while got very slightly better.

    When you say that a 5 second BT basekit made solo q better I just dont disagree with you, it's worse than that.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099637#Comment_3099637

    When you say that a 5 second BT basekit made solo q better I just dont disagree with you, it's worse than that.

    What?

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099593#Comment_3099593

    Do you want to bet that if they released the real, without any doctoring, kill rates they were at least at 50% before this patch?

    They DECIDED to boost kill rates, and the pushback is really strong. This CANNOT be ignored, it would be a PR disaster to ignore this kind of feedback.

    I love that people feel the need to make up conspiracy theories in order to try and have a point. Also of course the pushback is strong most players are survivor players but people complained about the DS nerf that happened before the most recent one (which should be reverted IMO) and the version of DS was unequivocally unfun and broken.

    I don't think most people care about balance from what I've seen they just want the side they play to be as strong as possible so excuse me if I take any complaints on here about anything with a grain of salt.

  • Solo queue was already the weakest player base before this patch.

    This patch objectively made solo queue weaker.

    People saying solo queue is fine are lying.

    End of story.

  • It was a big update with massive changes for both sides, so it is to be expected that they will not just rush for changes after just some days.

    I have my opinion about the update and I think some changes should be done but again, I understand that it will take time to see how it really goes. Hey, maybe even I will change some of my opinions of the update hah. Anyway, we have to wait.

  • @Tsulan said:

    What should they comment on? That survivors are collectivly throwing the game and trying to ruin it for everyone else?

    It's only 4/5ths of the player base, hardly significant. The best approach is to ignore 80% of the play base.

    And if this is the case, then really, it only affects about 20% of players. Those 20% of players definitely don't care about the misery of 80% of the player base so who cares anyway.

  • @Mandy said:

    This last mid chapter patch was a big one, there were a lot of changes made including base changes. We are very well aware that it is going to take time for this to settle down and it's something that we are continually monitoring and if we see the need to make changes to things further down the line - that's something we will do.

    However, we're not making knee jerk reactions here - if we do see things that we know are going to be an issue of high importance we will of course make changes in the planned Hotfixes, there might also be further changes made down the line depending on how things play out once players have had time to adjust to a lot of the recent changes.

    Dead by Daylight is a Live game, it's continually evolving and changes made based on this. The plan of this update was to increase kill rates as those were lower than we would like. It will take some time to fully see the extent of the changes made, players adapt etc. This update and the after effects of this update is definitely something we are monitoring closely.

    So, are the developers not concerned that giving one side free wins by increasing kill rates over 50% is not seen as extremely unfair by 80% of the player base?

  • @Mandy said:

    This last mid chapter patch was a big one, there were a lot of changes made including base changes. We are very well aware that it is going to take time for this to settle down and it's something that we are continually monitoring and if we see the need to make changes to things further down the line - that's something we will do.

    However, we're not making knee jerk reactions here - if we do see things that we know are going to be an issue of high importance we will of course make changes in the planned Hotfixes, there might also be further changes made down the line depending on how things play out once players have had time to adjust to a lot of the recent changes.

    Dead by Daylight is a Live game, it's continually evolving and changes made based on this. The plan of this update was to increase kill rates as those were lower than we would like. It will take some time to fully see the extent of the changes made, players adapt etc. This update and the after effects of this update is definitely something we are monitoring closely.

    I guess I shouldnt have asked in first place as this answer was to be expected word by word. I had the hope bvhr once rethink their bad develeopment properly. But sure its always "knee jerk reactions" if the community gives reasonable feedback to unreasonable changes and demands actions that dont take years. I am sick of hearing "this will take time", "we watch carefully" and "if we see the need to change". You didnt even understood why perks were played and why those shouldnt have changed at all. You made a complete mess out of your gameplay. Fix it. NOW!

  • @Omans said:

    Solo queue was already the weakest player base before this patch.

    This patch objectively made solo queue weaker.

    People saying solo queue is fine are lying.

    End of story.

    Facts don't lie, so stop spreading such nonsense

  • They play both sides and when they play survivor its solo queue. Coconuts even had a video if I remember right after the patch showing off escapes since so many people were commenting that it was impossible to get out in solo queue. (I don’t watch him a ton though. 🤷‍♂️)

    And yeah, I don’t always agree with Scott on everything he says but in this case I think he’s probably right. (And that’s not because he’s a bad player, he’s solid. I just don’t agree with anybody all the time, even myself! 😄) Also the statistics I’m seeing on an aggregate site I’m following of player submitted matches are showing the kill rate went up but is settling in at a more modest amount like 5-10% range increase (on that site it’s going from about 49% kill rate to looking to be around 57% I think when it stabilizes.)

  • What facts?

    This should be good.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099617#Comment_3099617

    Oh, I’ll often ignore survivors who seem to intentionally want to get hit! After all, if someone is following me around while I’m chasing someone else then I’m keeping two people off the gens for the price of one chase. 🙂 At the same time though if I think a bodyblock is slowing me down I’ll just hit them and make them mend or down them in followup, I’m not averse to making someone go and mend,

    Well, then maybe I've played against you.

    I hope you haven't tunneled me or my friends out at 5 gens but who knows these days lol

  • I think the patch is mostly fine but the new slowdown meta is making the game stale and it needs looked at, if survivors aren't running gen builds and the killer runs slowdowns it's a gg if they have half a brain and if the killer isn't running slowdowns and the survivors run genrush builds anticipating slowdowns then the killer gets dunked on, it's a cycle that creates a stale unhealthy meta , most people are fine with the buffs they just don't want to play a game where they do nothing for so long or at least thats my only complaint about this patch, the slowdowns force a stale game and stale meta to be played by both sides whenever we were supposed to be freed from feeling the need to use the same perks.

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099512#Comment_3099512

    I understand you need to speak the PR language, although it is very clear that this patch did NOT have the results that you were expecting. Time is at the essence of making the right call and not responding to the feedback provided is not a good sign.

    I know you can just report back to the rest of team, but still NOT acknowledging the response that the majority of your player base is giving you is not fair.

    The 'majority of the playerbase' isn't some homogenous entity that all share the same opinion. Many players of this patch have conflicting opinions on both the survivor and killer side, and regardless of what action they take, they're going to frustrate people and please people.

    There have been numerous cases in this past of people thinking something is going to be overpowered or underpowered within the first couple weeks of a release and then once players have adapted and gotten used to it, it turns out the complete opposite experience is true. If you played this game at launch, there were NUMEROUS threads of people saying Billy was a weak killer and Wraith was overpowered. We've also had people knee jerk react to perks claiming they're overpowered like Any Means Necessary (which has been subsequently buffed since release), Power Struggle (which has also been buffed since it released), etc. Hell, I remember people saying Dead Hard was weak and easy to play around when it was launched and other than adding server side validation to it, and some animation adjustments to make it clearer to the killer when it's used, they changed nothing about it until the recent patch.

    That's not to say that I don't think things could be adjusted with this patch (making the anti-tunnelling more effective and solo queue improvements for one), but I completely and utterly understand why they aren't rapidly changing things within the first couple of weeks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099623#Comment_3099623

    Soloq has been ok for me as long as I'm getting teams that are working together. Before if you had people not pulling their weight making a lot of mistakes it was easier to get out, now it's more of a challenge. Unfortunately if you say this there are certain people who will say, you are lying and play mostly SWF, are a killer main or you are not good (or something like that). I don't even understand the last claim because if you aren't very good you'd think you will be mostly matched with low skill players too and would be getting destroyed.

    As an aside I hardly ever play survivor but the last couple of days I went ahead and played Ace for a daily mission and a couple of Rift challenges for the heck of it. I am NOT a good survivor. 😄 I obviously understand overall strategy but I still have trouble hitting skill checks unless I’m really focussing on it and am not all that used to running chases in third person perspective so mess up my timing sometimes. So my MMR as survivor is definitely below average and the other players are likewise in that ballpark I think. Even so, out of five matches I had nobody ragequit and the survivors won 2 of them (4k one match, 3k the other with the three escapees all being Aces by sheer coincidence.) And it’s not like the killers gave up or were afk, they were patrolling around and getting some hooks, just not enough to stop the gens in the end.

    So I have a sneaking suspicion that at the low end of the pool the games are kind of close because there are honestly so many mistakes on both sides that it evens out everything. It’s only once you get into probably above average play that balance issues between perks and stats and specific builds become more relatively important since players make fewer strategic and tactical mistakes.

  • Overall I enjoy the update on both sides.

    Killer: Im not sweaty and can try out fun builds. LP, STBFL and even full Hex builds (not Ruin lol) are fun to try.

    Survivor: I've been having fun with Deja Vu. I'll be working on a solo gen as Deja Vu is up and then a gen will pop giving me another round of Deja Vu. I'm working on Killer perks rn, but Overzealous/Deja Vu/Inner Strength/Head On will probably become a fun build to play with. I have to level up Haddie still.

    I can be sweaty and run full slowdown on killer or Endurance/Gen Rush build (I guess Overzealous/Deja Vu could be considered that), but it's more fun to experiment now

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099632#Comment_3099632

    Well, then maybe I've played against you.

    I hope you haven't tunneled me or my friends out at 5 gens but who knows these days lol

    Lol, maybe? 😄 My MMRs on my killers are definitely a spread, I’m a really lousy shot with Twins and Huntress and Trickster and such for instance but I’m a lot better with the basic attack killers. And as much as I like the game I only play a few matches a night so my technical skills at looping are quite as honed as you guys with thousands and thousands of hours. I have my moments though I think!

  • @PNgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099512#Comment_3099512

    Thank you very much.

    That is exactly the kind of response we would like to see. I think it's an impertinence of the thread creator to call this patch a disaster, and it can't stand like that. With all due respect, but all the Solo Q critics ( Fun Fact: and that is the majority !! ) can spam the forum all they want or cry about it.

    They will have to get used to the changes and calm down. If not, well then tough luck. If changes need to be made, it will happen, but many just don't understand or don't want to understand.

    This is very simple ☝️

    Killers didn't "calm down" every time survivors got something useful. Circle of Healing suffered 3 knee-jerk reactions by the devs due to killers moaning and crying. When killers can't 4K with ease, is the reason survivor state is at the worst.

    Concerning the patch, this is definitely the worst state of the game. And BHVR is silent because killers are all happy.

    The game is so unbalanced right now, it is a miracle any survivor is playing.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099615#Comment_3099615

    Killers didn't "calm down" every time survivors got something useful. Circle of Healing suffered 3 knee-jerk reactions by the devs due to killers moaning and crying. When killers can't 4K with ease, is the reason survivor state is at the worst.

    Concerning the patch, this is definitely the worst state of the game. And BHVR is silent because killers are all happy.

    The game is so unbalanced right now, it is a miracle any survivor is playing.

    It's not like playing Street Fighter or something you can still eat nachos and chill

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099557#Comment_3099557

    That's great and I'm glad that Scott is having a good time this patch.

    I'm not Scott. I can't play Survivor that well, I do not have that many hours on it and I can't find any enjoyment in having the Killer follow me for 5 seconds after I get unhooked to slam me back on the ground. I can't find any enjoyment after seeing a facecamping Bubba after a Thana slowdown stacking Mending Simulator.

    I think I've had maybe 5 good games on Survivor since the update dropped. The only reason I keep playing is because I can't very well play Killer with my friends AND those queues are insane.

    You're basically describing my experience. The games you posted back in this thread was the story of yesterday evening for me. I don't understand how my games are completely miserable, camping and tunneling through the roof, bad manners (basement camping and being hit on the hook at 5 gens) are at an all time high for me, yet I read here on the forums things like; "I'm having so much fun! My Solo Q team mates are competent, I rarely get tunneled! My nerfed perks are working amazingly!".

    Why are our experiences like night and day compared to others? I'm not saying they're fibbing or anything, but it's just not what's happening on my end. I honestly don't think I can play with Solo Q in this state anymore. I guess I'll wait for awhile and see if anything gets any better.

    I was watching Ohmwrecker stream (he usually plays Solo Q) and he was having the same Clown world experience. So I know I'm not just crazy or that unlucky.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099615#Comment_3099615

    Killers didn't "calm down" every time survivors got something useful. Circle of Healing suffered 3 knee-jerk reactions by the devs due to killers moaning and crying. When killers can't 4K with ease, is the reason survivor state is at the worst.

    Concerning the patch, this is definitely the worst state of the game. And BHVR is silent because killers are all happy.

    The game is so unbalanced right now, it is a miracle any survivor is playing.

    Jan 25, 2002 - Boil Over was buffed to have a flat 25% wiggle increase from falling and 100% strafe intensity

    Feb 9, 2002 (Just 15 days) - Boil Over was nerfed because of the outcry from killers on these forums

    ---

    It's 10 days and counting after the game was made almost unplayable for solo-queue players...

    Anyone else feel like there's a double-standard here?

  • @Nazzzak said:

    Well, for one thing they never comment on anything really until a good amount of time has passed. We are all still waiting for a Sadako buff and she came out in March. Theyd have enough stats by now to show how low her kills are (most people would probably in agreement that theyd be pretty low) and perhaps theyre waiting to see how the latest update affects her? But anyway, they make decisions based on game statistics, and those take time. If, for example, they wanted a 5% kill rate increase across the board but in 3 months the stats are showing a consistent 10% increase then they'll probably say something. If they're happy with the stats then they'll probably say very little.

    The devs said that they know about the Sadako issues, and normally it would have been her time to get some kind of update during this midchapter patch, but they apologized for not being able to squeeze her in this time, because of the immense thing that was this patch. It is a bit sad, as I really like Sasako and want her to be a cool and viable killer, but yeah, I think everyone can see that this patch here was special, was really big and was probably more important.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099564#Comment_3099564

    You're basically describing my experience. The games you posted back in this thread was the story of yesterday evening for me. I don't understand how my games are completely miserable, camping and tunneling through the roof, bad manners (basement camping and being hit on the hook at 5 gens) are at an all time high for me, yet I read here on the forums things like; "I'm having so much fun! My Solo Q team mates are competent, I rarely get tunneled! My nerfed perks are working amazingly!".

    Why are our experiences like night and day compared to others? I'm not saying they're fibbing or anything, but it's just not what's happening on my end. I honestly don't think I can play with Solo Q in this state anymore. I guess I'll wait for awhile and see if anything gets any better.

    I was watching Ohmwrecker stream (he usually plays Solo Q) and he was having the same Clown world experience. So I know I'm not just crazy or that unlucky.

    It has been the same to me and I don't understand why. They should at leats have increased the hook timer with gens are longer and someone being camped seens to be a thing on every match now.

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099709#Comment_3099709

    Jan 25, 2002 - Boil Over was buffed to have a flat 25% wiggle increase from falling and 100% strafe intensity

    Feb 9, 2002 (Just 15 days) - Boil Over was nerfed because of the outcry from killers on these forums

    ---

    It's 10 days and counting after the game was made almost unplayable for solo-queue players...

    Anyone else feel like there's a double-standard here?

    Majority of survivors can't even play, yet this needs careful watching for some reason.

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099709#Comment_3099709

    Jan 25, 2002 - Boil Over was buffed to have a flat 25% wiggle increase from falling and 100% strafe intensity

    Feb 9, 2002 (Just 15 days) - Boil Over was nerfed because of the outcry from killers on these forums

    ---

    It's 10 days and counting after the game was made almost unplayable for solo-queue players...

    Anyone else feel like there's a double-standard here?

    No because BHVR doesn't make decisions based purely on the forums as we're a small minority of the larger community and this is a strawman argument.

  • @Xendritch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099721#Comment_3099721

    No because BHVR doesn't make decisions based purely on the forums as we're a small minority of the larger community and this is a strawman argument.

    No, because BHVR doesn't make decisions based purely on the forums.... Let me point out something that was changed because of forum outcry.

    ---

    Jan 25, 2022 - Boil Over was buffed to have a flat 25% wiggle increase from falling and 100% strafe intensity

    Feb 9, 2022 (Just 15 days) - Boil Over was nerfed because of the outcry from killers on these forums

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099750#Comment_3099750

    No, because BHVR doesn't make decisions based purely on the forums.... Let me point out something that was changed because of forum outcry.

    ---

    Jan 25, 2002 - Boil Over was buffed to have a flat 25% wiggle increase from falling and 100% strafe intensity

    Feb 9, 2002 (Just 15 days) - Boil Over was nerfed because of the outcry from killers on these forums

    I'd argue Boil Over was changed because it was objectively a problem and was being used to force unwinnable situations by survivors who burned RPD offerings, personally.

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099750#Comment_3099750

    No, because BHVR doesn't make decisions based purely on the forums.... Let me point out something that was changed because of forum outcry.

    ---

    Jan 25, 2002 - Boil Over was buffed to have a flat 25% wiggle increase from falling and 100% strafe intensity

    Feb 9, 2002 (Just 15 days) - Boil Over was nerfed because of the outcry from killers on these forums

    You have no proof that's why they made the change they did hence why your argument is a strawman you're attributing something to the forums to fit your argument.

  • @Sludge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099709#Comment_3099709

    It's not like playing Street Fighter or something you can still eat nachos and chill

    Lol who the hell tries to eat nachos while playing street fighter? Not only would your gamepad get disgusting but you'd have sweats hitting like 30 hit combos while you're playing with one hand , it kinda made me chuckle though not gonna lie and I get what you were saying

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3098823#Comment_3098823

    So ######### every other player, right?

    I mean, I'm glad that the 4-man SWF's are doing well but everyone else is suffering.

    You have to buy a bunch of skins to be good at the game now.

  • @Dito175 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099717#Comment_3099717

    It has been the same to me and I don't understand why. They should at leats have increased the hook timer with gens are longer and someone being camped seens to be a thing on every match now.

    Firstly, the matchmaking system has been crap since day 1. It's never worked properly, and they have never addressed or fixed it. For some reason after this patch, the SBMM is even worse (on my end anyways, and I've seen loads of people saying the same thing).

    I believe Devs tried the hook timer idea before but it was abused by SWF's (or something like that). The problem is that BHVR constantly "balances" the game between Killers and SWF. Playing against a 3 or 4 man SWF is vastly different than against Solos, and a lot of the "second chance perks" were established to help Solo Q out. Like Decisive Strike. Solo's cannot coordinate well as a team. So the game for Solo's is partially one of lone survival. You can't depend on your team mates. You don't know what they're doing. You don't know if they're being efficient, or wasting time and you definitely can't tell them how to play (and they should be able to play how they want within the rules). But that sort of precariousness can make for a very miserable match. Camping and tunneling has always been disproportionately effective against Solo Q. It can almost guarantee a 4k. It shouldn't be that way, but Devs have no interest in addressing it. So in came perks like Decisive Strike. Even Dead Hard (never ran it, but it's purpose was to extend a chase). Is the Killer tunneling you off the hook? Well it will be more difficult for them and at least you can waste some of their time so your unknown team mates can get some work done. Tunneling will come at a cost.

    So I think they "balanced" for the top percent of hardcore players and SWF's, because SWF did have an undeniable advantage over Killers. But the majority (casual Solo's), were just an afterthought. We're filler material to BHVR LOL.

    We all know what needs to happen; they need to give Solos some basekit info. It's a no-brainer but BHVR for whatever reason refuses to do it.

  • Nor survivors.


    The patch is good for the game, get used to it.

  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099543#Comment_3099543

    Nor survivors.

    The patch is good for the game, get used to it.

    That opinion is far away from reality.

  • Calling this patch a disaster based on what? It’s been out for 10 days...

    so many cry threads, the first one started literally a few hours after it went live...

    it’s been said so many times, the meta need to settle as well as the mmr... it’s way too early to call for big balance changes.

    sure there are things that needs to be looked at, tunnel and camping might be decreasing with giving the bp bonus back to bbq.

    my time with survivor have been better after the patch, now you have to work for your win, it’s not giving to you. Killers can run many different builds now, which is also a good thing.


    im very pleased with the patch so far.

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099709#Comment_3099709

    Jan 25, 2002 - Boil Over was buffed to have a flat 25% wiggle increase from falling and 100% strafe intensity

    Feb 9, 2002 (Just 15 days) - Boil Over was nerfed because of the outcry from killers on these forums

    ---

    It's 10 days and counting after the game was made almost unplayable for solo-queue players...

    Anyone else feel like there's a double-standard here?

    Can't believe Boil Over was nerfed before I was born.

  • @Mandy said:

    This last mid chapter patch was a big one, there were a lot of changes made including base changes. We are very well aware that it is going to take time for this to settle down and it's something that we are continually monitoring and if we see the need to make changes to things further down the line - that's something we will do.

    However, we're not making knee jerk reactions here - if we do see things that we know are going to be an issue of high importance we will of course make changes in the planned Hotfixes, there might also be further changes made down the line depending on how things play out once players have had time to adjust to a lot of the recent changes.

    Dead by Daylight is a Live game, it's continually evolving and changes made based on this. The plan of this update was to increase kill rates as those were lower than we would like. It will take some time to fully see the extent of the changes made, players adapt etc. This update and the after effects of this update is definitely something we are monitoring closely.

    Disagree. The developers make a bunch of knee-jerk reactions. Look no further than the slew of mediocre, non-meta perks that received nerfs for no apparent reason.

  • Honestly for me I don't mind the changes this patch, I just don't understand the reasoning behind making perks have 0.5s windows to use them when the game is so laggy.


    I'd enjoy this game a lot more if the servers were a bit better honestly.

  • LOOOOOOOOOOOL "Disaster".

    You should become a comedian.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099721#Comment_3099721

    Can't believe Boil Over was nerfed before I was born.

    Now Im feeling old

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099741#Comment_3099741

    Firstly, the matchmaking system has been crap since day 1. It's never worked properly, and they have never addressed or fixed it. For some reason after this patch, the SBMM is even worse (on my end anyways, and I've seen loads of people saying the same thing).

    I believe Devs tried the hook timer idea before but it was abused by SWF's (or something like that). The problem is that BHVR constantly "balances" the game between Killers and SWF. Playing against a 3 or 4 man SWF is vastly different than against Solos, and a lot of the "second chance perks" were established to help Solo Q out. Like Decisive Strike. Solo's cannot coordinate well as a team. So the game for Solo's is partially one of lone survival. You can't depend on your team mates. You don't know what they're doing. You don't know if they're being efficient, or wasting time and you definitely can't tell them how to play (and they should be able to play how they want within the rules). But that sort of precariousness can make for a very miserable match. Camping and tunneling has always been disproportionately effective against Solo Q. It can almost guarantee a 4k. It shouldn't be that way, but Devs have no interest in addressing it. So in came perks like Decisive Strike. Even Dead Hard (never ran it, but it's purpose was to extend a chase). Is the Killer tunneling you off the hook? Well it will be more difficult for them and at least you can waste some of their time so your unknown team mates can get some work done. Tunneling will come at a cost.

    So I think they "balanced" for the top percent of hardcore players and SWF's, because SWF did have an undeniable advantage over Killers. But the majority (casual Solo's), were just an afterthought. We're filler material to BHVR LOL.

    We all know what needs to happen; they need to give Solos some basekit info. It's a no-brainer but BHVR for whatever reason refuses to do it.

    From what I remember they only tried pausing the hook timer when the killer was camping but it was pretty easy to abuse. Overall I'm pretty okay with the changes on this patch, my only problem is with the excessive tunneling and camping since the patch dropped, If they made these strategies non viable I would be happy.

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099211#Comment_3099211

    It's only 4/5ths of the player base, hardly significant. The best approach is to ignore 80% of the play base.

    And if this is the case, then really, it only affects about 20% of players. Those 20% of players definitely don't care about the misery of 80% of the player base so who cares anyway.

    But its not. I´ve seen many experienced survivors that play perfectly fine and don´t try to ruin the game of everyone else by suiciding on the first hook.

    As it was already said, this leads absolutely nowhere. So instead of throwing a tantrum, how bout trying to adapt? There won´t be a backroll of the patch, so suiciding brings you nothing.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099653#Comment_3099653

    But its not. I´ve seen many experienced survivors that play perfectly fine and don´t try to ruin the game of everyone else by suiciding on the first hook.

    As it was already said, this leads absolutely nowhere. So instead of throwing a tantrum, how bout trying to adapt? There won´t be a backroll of the patch, so suiciding brings you nothing.

    I played both sides when I was playing and currently I'm enjoying and having fun playing a competitive game that is actually fair. You probably want to respond to whoever is saying that survivors are suiciding-on-hook and DCing, since that's not happening. Let me see if I can find the person that said survivors are collectively suiciding-on-hook and DCing.

    @Tsulan said:

    What should they comment on? That survivors are collectivly throwing the game and trying to ruin it for everyone else?

    I found it for you, you should talk to this guy, because he believes that survivors are collectively suiciding-on-hook and DCing. Since they're not doing that, you should correct him.

  • The reality of people with neutral gamesense.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099557#Comment_3099557

    That's great and I'm glad that Scott is having a good time this patch.

    I'm not Scott. I can't play Survivor that well, I do not have that many hours on it and I can't find any enjoyment in having the Killer follow me for 5 seconds after I get unhooked to slam me back on the ground. I can't find any enjoyment after seeing a facecamping Bubba after a Thana slowdown stacking Mending Simulator.

    I think I've had maybe 5 good games on Survivor since the update dropped. The only reason I keep playing is because I can't very well play Killer with my friends AND those queues are insane.

    It sounds like you’re just not good enough then. You can’t expect to have success if you’re not good at survivor.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099564#Comment_3099564

    It sounds like you’re just not good enough then. You can’t expect to have success if you’re not good at survivor.

    Me on my way to learn how to not have Killers wait out basekit BT

1 2 3 4 5