Changes to the 2022 Roadmap

For those who don't know, a bunch of QOL changes were announced within the 6th Anniversary Broadcast. You can read more here.

These are as follows:

IMG_20220726_190804.jpg

Obviously thus far we've received Matchmaking Incentives, the Prestige Overhaul, the Perk Overhaul, the Anniversary Event, the Loadouts, and the Menu.

Well, the Wiggle Skill-Checks and "Queue Times" (don't ask me why I wrote it like that, it refers to being able to navigate the rest of the game while in a queue) have been delayed until Q1 2023, as per an announcement on Twitter

20220726_190658.jpg

That's all, and to anyone on PC I'm sorry for the screenshot taking up all of the screen.

Comments

  • I was hoping it was going to say "delayed for solo q improvements."

  • Why is not there Solo Q improvements? Communication improvements, etc. Why? Just why? Where is it?

  • The queue navigation delay kind of hurts, that was the one I was looking forward to the most. That being said, I thought the wiggle system was already permanent. Ha ha... Are people still using the old one?


    Also, somewhat related, when is Project W tentatively scheduled for? I cannot remember the killer release schedule.

  • I feel like making wiggle skill-checks permanent isn't THAT big of an ordeal? Right?

  • @Pulsar said:

    I feel like making wiggle skill-checks permanent isn't THAT big of an ordeal? Right?

    I'm hoping it means they are adjusting the great skill checks which has been something people were complaining about when the beta dropped. Since not many people are really fond of making wiggle out faster.

    I also wonder if this might be tied in with boil over since boil over got nerfed for being too oppressive against controllers.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I feel like making wiggle skill-checks permanent isn't THAT big of an ordeal? Right?

    Apparently somehow more important than a solo queue information buff

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093873#Comment_3093873

    I'm hoping it means they are adjusting the great skill checks which has been something people were complaining about when the beta dropped. Since not many people are really fond of making wiggle out faster.

    I also wonder if this might be tied in with boil over since boil over got nerfed for being too oppressive against controllers.

    Maybe, as long as they keep the BP from hitting Greats.

  • @bm33 said:

    I was hoping it was going to say "delayed for solo q improvements."

    @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Why is not there Solo Q improvements? Communication improvements, etc. Why? Just why? Where is it?

    Alas my prayers to the Cows have not been answered.

  • I hate the new wiggle - glad i can use the old better one a bit longer.

    Already to much skillchecks in game. At least mute the annoying sounds.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    For those who don't know, a bunch of QOL changes were announced within the 6th Anniversary Broadcast. You can read more here.

    These are as follows:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HWJOLJG0W9Q5/img-20220726-190804.jpg

    Obviously thus far we've received Matchmaking Incentives, the Prestige Overhaul, the Perk Overhaul, the Anniversary Event, the Loadouts, and the Menu.

    Well, the Wiggle Skill-Checks and "Queue Times" (don't ask me why I wrote it like that, it refers to being able to navigate the rest of the game while in a queue) have been delayed until Q1 2023, as per an announcement on Twitter

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/76VXKAGXAR71/20220726-190658.jpg

    That's all, and to anyone on PC I'm sorry for the screenshot taking up all of the screen.

    They'll finalize the new wiggle and still have the bugs associated with it I bet

  • I think the mori rework will come with a Myers rework too. It would make sense since his power is the only one that allows you to mori survivors with add-ons (PH and Sadako moris are basekit features and are different from the normal mori)

  • @Marc_123 said:

    I hate the new wiggle - glad i can use the old better one a bit longer.

    Already to much skillchecks in game. At least mute the annoying sounds.

    I like the new wiggle. The sound helps me time the great skill checks a lot better.

    Although giving the players the choice to use whatever skillcheck system they want like currently or to mute the sound should be something the players have access to. I don't know why there aren't many accessibility options in this game and settings that allow the player to personalize their experience better.

  • Thank you so much for posting this. I was really wondering what the gameflow and the wiggle escape system delay meant.

  • @Remedicist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093892#Comment_3093892

    I like the new wiggle. The sound helps me time the great skill checks a lot better.

    Although giving the players the choice to use whatever skillcheck system they want like currently or to mute the sound should be something the players have access to. I don't know why there aren't many accessibility options in this game and settings that allow the player to personalize their experience better.

    Yes - i am totally fine with how it is at the moment - optional. Just keep it that way and everybody is happy. It isn´t that hard.

  • @bm33 said:

    I was hoping it was going to say "delayed for solo q improvements."

    This may be the reason, with their recent changes, soloQ complaint have been tenfold what they used to be - maybe out of urgency they're going to work on those as a surprise.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    The queue navigation delay kind of hurts, that was the one I was looking forward to the most. That being said, I thought the wiggle system was already permanent. Ha ha... Are people still using the old one?

    Also, somewhat related, when is Project W tentatively scheduled for? I cannot remember the killer release schedule.

    Probably September based on chapter releases last 3 years.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Why is not there Solo Q improvements? Communication improvements, etc. Why? Just why? Where is it?

    Solo q should be top priority now, they expect solo players to wait until 2023 for some basic changes ?

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093872#Comment_3093872

    Probably September based on chapter releases last 3 years.

    Thank you for the help, much appreciated.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Thank you so much for posting this. I was really wondering what the gameflow and the wiggle escape system delay meant.

    Is it bad if I genuinely can't tell if this is sarcasm or not?

  • Really? Absolutely nothing on SoloQ? I'll come back to the game in 2024 then 😐️


    @Marc_123 said:

    I hate the new wiggle - glad i can use the old better one a bit longer.

    Already to much skillchecks in game. At least mute the annoying sounds.

    I actually love the new one, my poor A&D keys are still traumatised from the previous wiggle mode 😂 it would be nice if they kept it as an optional mechanic; use whichever you like.

  • i don't get why the wiggle system change is taking so long, like

    Most people are already using it right?

  • What even is a gameflow improvement?

  • 2025 is when we're going to see those solo q buffs at this rate.

  • @Cybil said:

    What even is a gameflow improvement?

    I think it was just letting you browse the store/archives while qued up in a SWF lobby

    That's basically it

  • @Pulsar said:

    I feel like making wiggle skill-checks permanent isn't THAT big of an ordeal? Right?

    It's BHVR we're talking about here.

  • @Cybil said:

    What even is a gameflow improvement?

    "Well, the Wiggle Skill-Checks and "Queue Times" (don't ask me why I wrote it like that, it refers to being able to navigate the rest of the game while in a queue) have been delayed until Q1 2023, as per an announcement on Twitter"

  • Oh no, I dont want wiggle skillchecks :((((

  • @Marc_123 said:

    I hate the new wiggle - glad i can use the old better one a bit longer.

    Already to much skillchecks in game. At least mute the annoying sounds.

    I like the new system but I agree the sounds are obnoxious, especially when you miss

  • Wait..

    how does ‚Gameflow improvements‘ translate to the feature that lets you read upon lore/archives etc during queue? I would have guessed gameflow would relate to sometbkng in the actual matches?


    @ThiccBudhha said:

    The queue navigation delay kind of hurts, that was the one I was looking forward to the most. That being said, I thought the wiggle system was already permanent. Ha ha... Are people still using the old one?

    Also, somewhat related, when is Project W tentatively scheduled for? I cannot remember the killer release schedule.

    Pretty sure they hinted at Aug 3rd having something in that Behaviour stream related to Project W. Could also be the very next chapter, which’s PTB could come in 2-3 weeks.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    For those who don't know, a bunch of QOL changes were announced within the 6th Anniversary Broadcast. You can read more here.

    These are as follows:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HWJOLJG0W9Q5/img-20220726-190804.jpg

    Obviously thus far we've received Matchmaking Incentives, the Prestige Overhaul, the Perk Overhaul, the Anniversary Event, the Loadouts, and the Menu.

    Well, the Wiggle Skill-Checks and "Queue Times" (don't ask me why I wrote it like that, it refers to being able to navigate the rest of the game while in a queue) have been delayed until Q1 2023, as per an announcement on Twitter

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/76VXKAGXAR71/20220726-190658.jpg

    That's all, and to anyone on PC I'm sorry for the screenshot taking up all of the screen.

    It's kind of funny, but I think changing the wiggle mechanics, instead of giving survivors a choice, will about do me in for DBD. I absolutely hate the new wiggle mechanic, it's so horrible.

  • @Jago said:

    Oh no, I dont want wiggle skillchecks :((((

    Same, hopefully they keep the old system as an option.

  • @Mooks said:

    Wait..

    how does ‚Gameflow improvements‘ translate to the feature that lets you read upon lore/archives etc during queue? I would have guessed gameflow would relate to sometbkng in the actual matches?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093872#Comment_3093872

    Pretty sure they hinted at Aug 3rd having something in that Behaviour stream related to Project W. Could also be the very next chapter, which’s PTB could come in 2-3 weeks.

    Trust me when I say I watched the Anniversary stream 4 times. They talked about it there. Don't ask me why they called it that, but they called it that

  • I don't care either way about the wiggle mechanic, and I don't even remember what they meant by gameflow improvements, so this doesn't change anything for me. Wish solo queue information buffs were a higher priority, though.

    @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093892#Comment_3093892

    I like the new system but I agree the sounds are obnoxious, especially when you miss

    Oh my god, this. Letting a killer carry you around creates such a racket. There's zero need for the bang whenever a skillcheck is missed. Players don't need that feedback.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3094021#Comment_3094021

    I think it was just letting you browse the store/archives while qued up in a SWF lobby

    That's basically it

    Darn I was really looking forward to that...

  • @VideoGameMage said:

    2025 is when we're going to see those solo q buffs at this rate.

    more like 2035

  • Is it possible this stuff has been delayed not because it won't be finished but because the results of this patch have prompted BHVR to plan something else?

    I was just thinking about why they would announce they're pushing back two changes that while I'm sure on the dev side have a lot of work put into them, aren't really super impactful on the game unlike the patch we just had.

    We're a week into the new midchapter, so far it's hard for me to get a read on how the game feels overall.

  • Delaying the wiggle system is weird. I'm not a game dev but from everything here it seems to be the easiest thing to do, especially when most people are already using the beta tab wiggle version. Or are they planning another overhaul of it?

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    Delaying the wiggle system is weird. I'm not a game dev but from everything here it seems to be the easiest thing to do, especially when most people are already using the beta tab wiggle version. Or are they planning another overhaul of it?

    i would assume they will overhaul it a little bit as the feedback was very mixed..

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3094495#Comment_3094495

    i would assume they will overhaul it a little bit as the feedback was very mixed..

    why?

    it is great! I love it

  • Yeah. One side says it’s great. The other side says it’s awful. See those people that say „not everything needs to be skillchecks“..

  • I hate the sound effects. I dislike having to hit more skill checks when A-D functions perfectly fine for me- in fact, it's actually easier to press A-D than it is to hit skill checks on my wrists because I can get into a more comfortable position when I need to keep pressing buttons in quick succession than in slower succession. I don't like the fact that it messes with DS or Power Struggle or pallet/flashlight save timings, either. The fact that it forces you to start wiggling, too, when I prefer to just lay there and flop if the killer's being kind, rubs me the wrong way.

    I think it's a great change for people who need it, but I'd prefer the "legacy" version (if you will) remain optional for my own peace of mind and personal comfort.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3094579#Comment_3094579

    I hate the sound effects. I dislike having to hit more skill checks when A-D functions perfectly fine for me- in fact, it's actually easier to press A-D than it is to hit skill checks on my wrists because I can get into a more comfortable position when I need to keep pressing buttons in quick succession than in slower succession. I don't like the fact that it messes with DS or Power Struggle or pallet/flashlight save timings, either. The fact that it forces you to start wiggling, too, when I prefer to just lay there and flop if the killer's being kind, rubs me the wrong way.

    I think it's a great change for people who need it, but I'd prefer the "legacy" version (if you will) remain optional for my own peace of mind and personal comfort.

    having both options would be the best

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093873#Comment_3093873

    I'm hoping it means they are adjusting the great skill checks which has been something people were complaining about when the beta dropped. Since not many people are really fond of making wiggle out faster.

    I also wonder if this might be tied in with boil over since boil over got nerfed for being too oppressive against controllers.

    But 7 to 9 months for something is already in the game?, what else can they adjust there that requires such amount of time?.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093882#Comment_3093882

    But 7 to 9 months for something is already in the game?, what else can they adjust there that requires such amount of time?.

    Well you have to remember, it's not like they are only developing the wiggling stuff. There's an upcoming chapter and the next mid-chapter (that these were originally planned for) so it's likely something on those is requiring more resources to finish on time and they had to push these things back since it's a lower priority.

    It happens in development.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3094615#Comment_3094615

    Well you have to remember, it's not like they are only developing the wiggling stuff. There's an upcoming chapter and the next mid-chapter (that these were originally planned for) so it's likely something on those is requiring more resources to finish on time and they had to push these things back since it's a lower priority.

    It happens in development.

    Yeah but the whole wiggling system is already done, the system already exists and its what most people have been using for months now, adjusting the great skillchecks is less than 1 week worth of work (would even go as far as saying its 1 day worth of work), worst case scenario they get rid of the speed increase and make them give extra BPs.

  • That one I agree with. I'd be fine with them making skill checks the default and you need to opt-in to the legacy version but I just really want that version still around

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3094627#Comment_3094627

    Yeah but the whole wiggling system is already done, the system already exists and its what most people have been using for months now, adjusting the great skillchecks is less than 1 week worth of work (would even go as far as saying its 1 day worth of work), worst case scenario they get rid of the speed increase and make them give extra BPs.

    That's why I suspect they are adjusting wiggling as a whole since one of the reasons they nerfed boil over to 80% was as a temporary fix as to not be oppression for console killers.

    But even if you believe this feature only takes a single day of development time, the fact is they aren't developing this is over other things they consider more important hence the push back.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3093863#Comment_3093863

    This may be the reason, with their recent changes, soloQ complaint have been tenfold what they used to be - maybe out of urgency they're going to work on those as a surprise.

    That and they probably want to take their time and make sure the changes they want will not buff SWFs as well...SoloQ is a tricky situation to deal with since what ever you do there will buff SWFs

  • No changes to Camping and Tunneling, mmk.

    Untitled Image


  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    No changes to Camping and Tunneling, mmk.

    https://media2.giphy.com/media/kZD8cN1MycfKw/giphy.gif

    Is that a gif from how to get away with murder bc I started that show literally today and she seems so familiar

‹ 1 2