People threatening to quit the game after this patch, why?

This patch is such a healthy change to the game. Gen speeds have been addressed and dealt with, along with camping and tunneling. Metas have been butchered. Dead Hard is dead (which is a massive relief lol). Basekit BT isn't that hard to deal with compared to Dead Hard atleast. The endurance effect stacking is now fixed after the ptb. And the grind has been reduced.

But some players (especially survivors) are threatening to leave the game saying "oh killer sided patch, solo queue is destroyed". You do realize that these slight killer buffs were necessary because kill rates weren't high enough in the first place right?

Comments

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3068901#Comment_3068901

    Yeah that's why I have a 50 winning streak as Necro.

    Tell me you are bad at a game without telling me you're bad at a game.

    With an attitude like that, I'm glad you decided to move away from DbD.

  • @Devilishly_Rowdy said:

    This patch is such a healthy change to the game. Gen speeds have been addressed and dealt with, along with camping and tunneling. Metas have been butchered. Dead Hard is dead (which is a massive relief lol). Basekit BT isn't that hard to deal with compared to Dead Hard atleast. The endurance effect stacking is now fixed after the ptb. And the grind has been reduced.

    But some players (especially survivors) are threatening to leave the game saying "oh killer sided patch, solo queue is destroyed". You do realize that these slight killer buffs were necessary because kill rates weren't high enough in the first place right?

    because bad complaining entitled survivor mains. Let them quit

  • I doubt many people will actually quit, but we will see a huge shift in popularity to the Killer role. Camping is already a problem and the patch only makes it easier to do so.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    It’s whatever about people saying they are leaving, but a 5 second endurance doesn’t address Camping and Tunneling.

    I am not sure in what world they thought that killers can’t just wait it out the same way they have been doing now.

    I do not blame survivors for wanting to leave the game. It is within their own right to do so.

    5 seconds does nothing. The thing is i dont mind the extra gen times and the reduced exhaustion after hitting a survivor with an M1 attack IF they addressed the reason why DH and DS were used by payers. I think that the hook timer should be longer which would greatly help with the issue of camping and the base kit BT should be 7 seconds. But this is why people are leaving you can make all the changes you want and you will have people who dont like them so they leave.


    In my personal opinion the game is actually in a terrible place when you realise how long its been around. Countless silly bugs that do reunion the gameplay. Being hit through windows when you are 2 metres away from them, being pulled back towards the killer with rubber banding, the mess when trying to join friends in a lobby and having the shut down the game many times because it kicks you out. Im not saying im a game developer that could code better but i do think when a game company's main game has been out for over 5 years they should have it in a lot better condition.


    Myself personally i am not going to play solo q anymore, only in a squad. Its just so frustrating being sat on the hook or in chase and my team mates doing nothing the whole time. I just think to myself "Why did i boot up the game?" i genuinely believe that if another game company come along and realise something like DBD Behaviour are done and everyone will move to that game its already happening with Evil Dead.

  • Because it's easy to rely on some perks to carry you if you are not that good and it feels bad thinking how hard will be the game for now on.

    You can still play a lot of builds that are not meta and still have fun and escape, but of course it's harder.

  • This happens in every game after every major patch.

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    Any time any drastic nerfs have ever happened in this game it's what the people upset about say. But they continue to play, the playerbase continues to grow, and people realize.. that a vocal minority does not represent the majority of the playerbase.

    Some people would rather do the same thing for 10 years straight because it's strong, than ever accept that it's a problem

    Don't remember the animation change patch do youi? they BROKE decisive strike to only have a 3 second stun and the animations prevented 360's and survivors stopped playing in DROVES. Killer queues went to 20 minutes. I've never seen BHVR move so fast to roll something back.

    This may be a repeat of that disaster but I suspect it will be even WORSE!

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3068580#Comment_3068580

    It's not that solos had a specific change that hurt them. Any survivor nerf hits solos harder than swf. That's how solo was nerfed hard.

    Let's not forget Self-Care. Self-Care is the most perk efficient and reliable healing perk in the game, which is why solo-queue uses it. Nerfing that perk is going to drastically effect solo-queue and hardly effect SWF at all. In solo-queue, I always run Self-Care because solo-queue teammates will leave you hurt and not heal you half the time. SWF, I can run a brown med-kit and be fine because my teammates will always heal me.

    Self-Care shouldn't have been nerfed because it's almost required for solo-queue.

  • how exactly was camping addressed? if anything its easier with faster hit recovery(survivors losing like 4 seconds of distance they used to have with borrowed), nerfed ds and 10second longer gen times making it much more efficient to camp.


    like there isnt anything to discourge the most boring type of gameplay where majority of the players have no engagment besides just hook trades

  • @Vetrathene said:

    They are just finally doing what they should have done awhile ago out of desperation with people leaving and survivor queue times being especially long since there isn't enough killers. They should buff killers first and then buff SoloQ, they've been trying to do the opposite for years and just made killers feel overlooked and underappreciated, while just giving more power to Survivors in general and even more to SWF.

    I said it about 100 times. My solo queue is instant and my killer queue is about 5 min

  • @Triplehoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3068926#Comment_3068926

    With an attitude like that, I'm glad you decided to move away from DbD.

    It’s called don’t dish what you can’t take buddy.

    I am also glad to be moving away from DBD. The toxicity that comes from it is not worth it. Oh yeah! Something else that game doesn’t have. 😊

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3067976#Comment_3067976

    There are a few things here I'd like to contest, if you don't mind.

    First, if you're hit off hook immediately to get OTR out of the way... you aren't being tunnelled, because you get the speed boost and the stealth of OTR to get out of sight and evade the killer. At worst, you get to relocate to somewhere you can start making a play in chase, which is exactly what anti-tunnel measures are designed to do. What you're describing is anti-tunnel measures working.

    Second, if the exit gates are powered, tunnelling is fair game. What else is the killer supposed to do?

    Third, how is a good player supposed to counter being downed immediately after they get unhooked? They don't have time to outplay it, especially if it's a solo queue player being farmed. If they're hit as soon as their feet touch the ground they literally don't have time to react, and even if it's a second later, they can't exactly do anything.

    Leatherface camping did get a bit nastier, that I will agree with, but tunnelling and certain forms of camping categorically get weaker in this patch.

    Hi just want to throw something in here - I am a killer only player for many years and run a facecamping bubba stream on twitch. People always think leatherface facecamping is nasty but if people learned how to get around bubba's mechanics, it would not be as such. It's just a knowledge gap in the community.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069194#Comment_3069194

    It’s called don’t dish what you can’t take buddy.

    I am also glad to be moving away from DBD. The toxicity that comes from it is not worth it. Oh yeah! Something else that game doesn’t have. 😊

    Says the guy whose attitude reeks of "GG EZ GIT GUD"

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3067988#Comment_3067988

    Hi just want to throw something in here - I am a killer only player for many years and run a facecamping bubba stream on twitch. People always think leatherface facecamping is nasty but if people learned how to get around bubba's mechanics, it would not be as such. It's just a knowledge gap in the community.

    That's technically true now, but the currently used counterplay to a facecamping Bubba is going to get harder because generators are going to take longer to complete overall.

    Facecamping Bubba isn't unbeatable, but it's a bit much to ask of the average player already, so it does warrant changing. There's enough room to not decry it as impossible to play around, but still acknowledge it as something that should absolutely be adjusted so players have more room to counter it.

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3067988#Comment_3067988

    Hi just want to throw something in here - I am a killer only player for many years and run a facecamping bubba stream on twitch. People always think leatherface facecamping is nasty but if people learned how to get around bubba's mechanics, it would not be as such. It's just a knowledge gap in the community.

    yes we know "jUsT dO gEnS" and leave blablabla, it's still boring for everyone and most players are altruistic which is a good thing... devs should nerf these monkey strats instead of solo players, every worst aspects of the game are getting worse next patch

  • @Devilishly_Rowdy said:

    This patch is such a healthy change to the game. Gen speeds have been addressed and dealt with, along with camping and tunneling. Metas have been butchered. Dead Hard is dead (which is a massive relief lol). Basekit BT isn't that hard to deal with compared to Dead Hard atleast. The endurance effect stacking is now fixed after the ptb. And the grind has been reduced.

    But some players (especially survivors) are threatening to leave the game saying "oh killer sided patch, solo queue is destroyed". You do realize that these slight killer buffs were necessary because kill rates weren't high enough in the first place right?

    Survivors afraid for their meta getting touched or shaked whatever...

    Some of them just don't want to adapt to the fact, that game is getting healthier.

  • i mean, people always say these things when a big change comes, but nothing changes lmao. It's just people being overdramatic for whatever reason.

  • So far you have just proven my point regarding the toxicity DBD brings out.

    Got anything else? Or is talking nonsense about me because I point out how DBD isn’t an optimized game (something that everyone and their mother knows about) all you got?

    A game that has been out for 6 years can’t get it together and you have a problem with its critiques. Sorry, you must be new here.

  • I am so glad I prestiges my Zarina long ago. I will be glad to add off the record on all survs at tier 3. I used lithe over dead hard anyways so no loss there. To those leaving safe journeys. To those staying I am looking forward to testing new builds and seeing where this whole rabbit hole leads.

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3067988#Comment_3067988

    Hi just want to throw something in here - I am a killer only player for many years and run a facecamping bubba stream on twitch. People always think leatherface facecamping is nasty but if people learned how to get around bubba's mechanics, it would not be as such. It's just a knowledge gap in the community.

    Facecamping Bubba is the most toxic thing you can do in the game. You go into it knowing this, which speaks volumes about your character.

  • @TAG said:

    They didn't bring back Clown's turbo jiggle.

    A disgrace.

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069445#Comment_3069445

    Facecamping Bubba is the most toxic thing you can do in the game. You go into it knowing this, which speaks volumes about your character.

    It's almost jarring, what lengths a perspective can go to in order to create negativity. Try:

    • I just want to get this Bubba archive done and I hate chasing survivors through several windows and I don't have bamboozle on him yet so I know my best show to get this done in one is a hook trade chainsaw down or two.

    Edit: If the message wasn't received, it speaks volumes about your character, the way you assume the worst of a player based on their strategy alone.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069726#Comment_3069726

    It's almost jarring, what lengths a perspective can go to in order to create negativity. Try:

    • I just want to get this Bubba archive done and I hate chasing survivors through several windows and I don't have bamboozle on him yet so I know my best show to get this done in one is a hook trade chainsaw down or two.

    Edit: If the message wasn't received, it speaks volumes about your character, the way you assume the worst of a player based on their strategy alone.

    Just because you value completing a meaningless archive challenge over completely ruining another human beings game play experience and making that human being completely miserable, speaks volumes about your empathy, don't you think.

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069754#Comment_3069754

    Just because you value completing a meaningless archive challenge over completely ruining another human beings game play experience and making that human being completely miserable, speaks volumes about your empathy, don't you think.

    Tomies over Homies

  • In all honesty, I really wonder if DBD isn't tool for the FBI to figure out who are psychopaths and serial killers.

    When you have someone face-camping with Bubba game after game, you are probably put on the FBI watch list.

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069754#Comment_3069754

    Just because you value completing a meaningless archive challenge over completely ruining another human beings game play experience and making that human being completely miserable, speaks volumes about your empathy, don't you think.

    If the people I'm playing are absolutely miserable because I picked a somewhat-okay killer and chose to focus on my Dev-given archive, that sounds like a personal problem. Your definition of toxic is wrong.

    I'm not responsible for your lack of fun, and that does not make me toxic. Listen to yourself and the kind of nonsense you're advocating.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069826#Comment_3069826

    If the people I'm playing are absolutely miserable because I picked a somewhat-okay killer and chose to focus on my Dev-given archive, that sounds like a personal problem. Your definition of toxic is wrong.

    I'm not responsible for your lack of fun, and that does not make me toxic. Listen to yourself and the kind of nonsense you're advocating.

    You are actually responsible for intentionally making another human beings experience miserable.

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069913#Comment_3069913

    You are actually responsible for intentionally making another human beings experience miserable.

    No. Thankfully, I'm not, and BHVR agrees. I'm not responsible for you or how you perceive everything as a slight. It's not about you.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069932#Comment_3069932

    No. Thankfully, I'm not, and BHVR agrees. I'm not responsible for you or how you perceive everything as a slight. It's not about you.

    BHVR doesn't agree with you, they only say that you can face-camp. They didn't make any morality judgements on face-camping.

    I'm going to discuss this philosophically with you because I think it's an interesting topic.

    Most people know that face-camping at gen 5 is intentionally making another human being's experience miserable because they have empathy. If a person doesn't realize that face-camping at gen 5 makes another human beings experience miserable, then that would mean that person either hasn't developed empathy yet or is lacking at least some aspect of empathy. I think most people finish developing empathy somewhere in the mid twenties. So if you are young, you may not have even fully developed empathy yet.

    Now having a lack of empathy can actually be a good thing, because it can allow people to make judgements that that are horrifying for other people. Like deciding who gets a heart transplant. Also, a large number of CEOs tend to score really low on empathy.

    And of course there are serial killers and people who play killer on DBD. (Just kidding).

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069946#Comment_3069946

    BHVR doesn't agree with you, they only say that you can face-camp. They didn't make any morality judgements on face-camping.

    I'm going to discuss this philosophically with you because I think it's an interesting topic.

    Most people know that face-camping at gen 5 is intentionally making another human being's experience miserable because they have empathy. If a person doesn't realize that face-camping at gen 5 makes another human beings experience miserable, then that would mean that person either hasn't developed empathy yet or is lacking at least some aspect of empathy. I think most people finish developing empathy somewhere in the mid twenties. So if you are young, you may not have even fully developed empathy yet.

    Now having a lack of empathy can actually be a good thing, because it can allow people to make judgements that that are horrifying for other people. Like deciding who gets a heart transplant. Also, a large number of CEOs tend to score really low on empathy.

    And of course there are serial killers and people who play killer on DBD. (Just kidding).

    • BHVR does agree, I was not making any moral judgements on facecamping and neither have they. It's not necessary when it's not against the TOS. That's how this works, it's not about the survivor. The killer is allowed to do said tactic, and they do not have to justify it for anyone. Me giving you that example was for your benefit
    • 'Most people' is subjective. We all know that this is subjective - is objective, because we can just dip into the forums and see both sides of the matter being presented with frequency

    It has nothing to do with Empathy, I don't have such a high sense of self that I immediately think survivors are trying to get a rise out of me just because of the tactics they adopt.

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069445#Comment_3069445

    Facecamping Bubba is the most toxic thing you can do in the game. You go into it knowing this, which speaks volumes about your character.

    Being toxic is about doing something just to piss some one off. Face camping bubba is played because its easy and it gets at least 1 or 2 kills. There is literally nothing toxic about it.

    In fact im going to go play face camping bubba right now because i can and stare right into their souls. Maybe ill bring passive slow down perks as well to take advantage of the already slower gen speeds and i refuse to feel bad about it <3

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3068027#Comment_3068027

    I'm pretty sure for most survivors it will be business as usual, at least at mid+ mmr.

    Killers will feel emboldened by the base break and hit cooldown buffs, but there are numerous videos from the ptb and/or theory crafting that show it is negligible in most real game scenarios.

    Iron Will nerf is huge for killers, especially those that already have trouble hearing sounds for whatever reason (either hearing issues/no headphones/etc). Personally never used it.

    DS nerf is also pretty big, particularly the end game portion, although it can largely be replaced by OTR, which provides a similar effect without the boring counterplay of slugging/stale gameplay of unwinnable scenarios. Personally never used it.

    I run SC/BK and will lose 7s iirc per heal, but I'm OK with that.

    Built in BT is OK, 5s is a bit short, but you can generally make it to some sort of structure with the 7% haste in that time and the distance 'gained' if being chased is far more significant than people realize. Perk BT is now insane. May run it.

    The nerf to CI is a huge one (it's actually my favorite change in the patch, tbh...I like the game picking up steam faster).

    Ruin being nerfed is also a huge buff for my solo queue play, imo, same with the new/nerfed PGTW. Same with the nerf to PR/DMS - DMS provides fair value now. All of these perks no longer cripple me if a teammate goes down due to a dumb play/early.

    Extra 10s on gens does not bother me, but I realize it can buff camping, particularly on Leatherface/One Tap Myers/etc - I'd imagine this will be addressed if necessary, but camping has never really been prevalent in my games. There will still be times/scenarios post patch where camping is necessary, though.

    The regression perks that were buffed....ie Nemesis', Overcharge (debatable with current changes), etc all promote moving around and kicking multiple gens, which is fine and combos ok with the weak kick buff and decently with the regression buff from kicking.

    It will also be fun to run a Bamboozle/STBFL/Fire Up/Brutal Strength build.

    For Solo I'll probably use SC/BK/Overcome(or Lithe)/BT (or Kindred or Babysitter).

    I don't think I'm particularly good in either role, but I'm definitely doing better/having more fun than some of the posters I see here (both roles), particularly the negative ones (although they just seem to be self-fulfilling prophecies at this point).

    I may have missed something, but these are the random thoughts I punched out on mobile while on break. Sorry if there are any typos, etc.

    I'd also like to know what you think and hope you have fun, either way :D

    "I don't think I'm particularly good in either role, but I'm definitely doing better/having more fun than some of the posters I see here (both roles), particularly the negative ones (although they just seem to be self-fulfilling prophecies at this point)."

    Already seen like 4 examples of this on the forums, today @_@

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3068883#Comment_3068883

    Let's not forget Self-Care. Self-Care is the most perk efficient and reliable healing perk in the game, which is why solo-queue uses it. Nerfing that perk is going to drastically effect solo-queue and hardly effect SWF at all. In solo-queue, I always run Self-Care because solo-queue teammates will leave you hurt and not heal you half the time. SWF, I can run a brown med-kit and be fine because my teammates will always heal me.

    Self-Care shouldn't have been nerfed because it's almost required for solo-queue.

    Botany upset me more, but yeah. Self Care nerf was also a terrible choice.

  • @Devilishly_Rowdy said:

    This patch is such a healthy change to the game. Gen speeds have been addressed and dealt with, along with camping and tunneling. Metas have been butchered. Dead Hard is dead (which is a massive relief lol). Basekit BT isn't that hard to deal with compared to Dead Hard atleast. The endurance effect stacking is now fixed after the ptb. And the grind has been reduced.

    But some players (especially survivors) are threatening to leave the game saying "oh killer sided patch, solo queue is destroyed". You do realize that these slight killer buffs were necessary because kill rates weren't high enough in the first place right?

    @Devilishly_Rowdy said:

    This patch is such a healthy change to the game. Gen speeds have been addressed and dealt with, along with camping and tunneling. Metas have been butchered. Dead Hard is dead (which is a massive relief lol). Basekit BT isn't that hard to deal with compared to Dead Hard atleast. The endurance effect stacking is now fixed after the ptb. And the grind has been reduced.

    But some players (especially survivors) are threatening to leave the game saying "oh killer sided patch, solo queue is destroyed". You do realize that these slight killer buffs were necessary because kill rates weren't high enough in the first place right?

    Not threatening. I am quitting along with my brother. We usually solo queue and after this last update and playing yesterday and today shortly, it's unbearable. If you don't have a 4 man SWF you don't have a shot. And camping and tunneling is only going to get worse. They ruined almost all of survivors perks and basically asking survivors to just continue to take nerf after Nerf after Nerf. My brother and I will just find a new game to play where maybe the devs are somewhat competent. Sad to quit a game with over 1500 hours dumped in but dbd as a survivor has only gotten worse with each update the last 2 years

  • Because survivor gameplay is awful right now. And I don't think giving killers a 4k because they stacked 4 slowdowns and weren't AFK is healthy. Did mid to low tier killers have some issues? Sure. But no competent killer needs the level of slowdown I'm playing against nearly game since the patch. It's boring and completely unrewarding on the survivor side.

  • @dugman said:

    Some people can't handle change. 🤷‍♂️

    I had a bull dog that couldn’t handle change. I pulled the dryer out to work on it a couple years back. He stood there barking until I pushed it back into its place.


  • @Devilishly_Rowdy said:

    This patch is such a healthy change to the game. Gen speeds have been addressed and dealt with, along with camping and tunneling. Metas have been butchered. Dead Hard is dead (which is a massive relief lol). Basekit BT isn't that hard to deal with compared to Dead Hard atleast. The endurance effect stacking is now fixed after the ptb. And the grind has been reduced.

    But some players (especially survivors) are threatening to leave the game saying "oh killer sided patch, solo queue is destroyed". You do realize that these slight killer buffs were necessary because kill rates weren't high enough in the first place right?

    Where? Where has camping and tunneling been addressed? the 3 second BT? That does nothing, it's not even long enough to get out of range of being stabbed. That was the only change that was suppose to address anything to do with either camping or tunneling, beyond that camping hasn't been addressed at all.

  • Anyone denying the patch has broken the game only plays killer. It is that simple.

    Survivor might be the least likely to win game mode of any game out there.

    You won't find any other game where you can play it and almost guarantee a win like killer.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Anyone denying the patch has broken the game only plays killer. It is that simple.

    Survivor might be the least likely to win game mode of any game out there.

    You won't find any other game where you can play it and almost guarantee a win like killer.

    🤡🤡🤡

  • If I'm not having fun anymore I'll just play something else simple as that.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    It’s whatever about people saying they are leaving, but a 5 second endurance doesn’t address Camping and Tunneling.

    I am not sure in what world they thought that killers can’t just wait it out the same way they have been doing now.

    I do not blame survivors for wanting to leave the game. It is within their own right to do so.

    So... we should take the free BT away?

  • I'm probably going to take a break, sad that this is probably the only rift I won't finish.

  • I'm not threatening to quit, but I likely will if undetectable doesn't bypass the new Spinechill buff (they reverted the nerf and gave it a super buff). Makes it impossible to ever sneak up on anyone running it - not even a chance to counterplay it now by looking away.

  • Actually yes take the free BT and give us more meaningful changes.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3077348#Comment_3077348

    Actually yes take the free BT and give us more meaningful changes.

    Like the buffed BT? Since that stacks with the inbuild mini BT? Or the OtR that gives Endurance for 80 seconds? I wanna see the killer that waits that out...

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3077631#Comment_3077631

    Like the buffed BT? Since that stacks with the inbuild mini BT? Or the OtR that gives Endurance for 80 seconds? I wanna see the killer that waits that out...

    So you think Off the Record fixes camping and tunnelling?

    Or BT?


    is it mandatory? Weren't they going to "shake up the meta"?

  • there are 3 kinds of players in this game, killer mains, chad surv/killer enjoyers and whining cringe survivor mains who put all of 30 minutes into killer because them getting teabagged by 4 ppl at the exit gate made them realize they hate killer. the first 2 groups either being victims of unbalance or simply understanding what balance is, love and enjoy this patch and like change and a challenge. then we got the last group, a bunch of whiny diaper babies wish this was dbd 1.0.0 and where they can 1v1 the killer the entire game

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3068147#Comment_3068147

    Five seconds while they have a Haste effect, and if they don't have any other perks that they can use in those five seconds. It's guaranteed to be enough to not be downed straight away, and there's far more uncertainty on the killer end as to just how efficient it'll be to chase someone after they're unhooked.

    Sure, maybe they don't have anything relevant, but maybe they've got Off The Record and you'll swing into Endurance. Maybe their teammate has Borrowed Time and they keep running at a faster rate. Hell, maybe they just make it to a window or a drop and proc Lithe or Balanced Landing to make chasing them even less appealing.

    Tunnelling will get harder in this upcoming update. Camping is a little more arguable, but tunnelling is not going to get easier.

    No it isn't harder, I can tell because I tunneled. Since Endurance can't stack anymore and you have to expect OTR/BT/DH, you just hit them immediately after 5 seconds or 15 if you know they have BT but not OTR. They get a little speed boost from OTR and that's it, much better than old DH and DS combo

1 2 3 4