Iron Will nerf is MASSIVE

While it's clear that devs want to make it easier for killers (again as always!) when it comes to looping, other than that it is a HUGE nerf. We won't be able to just simply hide when injured and not be found, or sneak into a hooked person without being noticed. Same applies when one wants to go for a pallet/flashlight save while injured.

The killer can find us anywhere 24/7 now. This is bs!

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    “We won't be able to just simply hide when injured and not be found”

    See, that’s not a good thing. You’re injured, you’re supposed to be at a disadvantage. Not to just be able to disappear every time you get hit.

    Get Lucky Break instead if you do desperately want your silence

    killers want that nerfed now too LOL

  • @Zen_but_not_Zen said:

    Seeing all these posts about nerfs/buffs. Is there a link where i can view the changes?

    The devs streamed it on DBD's twitch.

  • @night_ph said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3019333#Comment_3019333

    This nerf kills part of the stealth game on the survivor. Now the wounded will not be able to chase after hiding somewhere near the killer, he will not have an early notification that the killer is heading towards him, i.e. solo survival will become even more difficult. Remind how the developers love the task like hiding 10 meters from the killer to the wounded. Good luck getting it after the patch

    I was thinking about that task haha impossible to complete now

  • Yeah Iron Will is going to be useless.

  • This is some high-quality sarcasm. Well played.

  • @Marigoria said:

    2 perks to get a weaker effect of iron will. I already have 2 perk slots for kindred and bond.

    What perks?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Bite the Bullet might start being used in my builds with Botany Knowledge tbh

    Also, Spirit after reading these patch notes:

    https://media.tenor.com/images/3a289f581ae3c0877f73d519675243e8/tenor.gif

    Lmfao

  • I manage to hide from killers while injured without Iron Will just fine. Betting I'd be able to do an even better job with 75% reduced noise.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3019026#Comment_3019026

    Yeah, Spirit is going to have a field day after this crap goes live, its nice to have the good ol' "I hit you, use my power, locate you by your grunts and down you without you being able to do anything about it" matches.

    How would that be a problem? Are they bringing back pre-nerf Spirit?

  • Iron Will and scratch mark removing/blood pool removing perks make the game less accessible for killer players that are hard of hearing and have poor vision

  • @Zen_but_not_Zen said:

    Seeing all these posts about nerfs/buffs. Is there a link where i can view the changes?

    During our 6th Anniversary Broadcast, we announced a new progression system and a meta-shifting perk overhaul. We’re thrilled to say that both initiatives will headline the upcoming Mid-Chapter. From the onset, it was important for us to release these changes as a package. Our objective is to shake up the current meta,…

    Sorry if I’m late to the party.

  • Iron Will deserved to be taken out back and shot. It was the most broken perk in the game after Dead Hard.

  • Its called change the meta,iron will was a meta perk and way too strong,it made it basically impossible for the killer ot pinpoint where you are and easily escape a chase.

  • Iron Will was fine. It shouldn’t have been touched. It’s useless now.

  • @Souplet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3019387#Comment_3019387

    I see exhaustion after exhaustion after exhaustion every game, meanwhile gen slowdowns meta perks have been trashed. What is the replacement ? Coulrophobia buff ? Monstrous shrine "buff" ?

    As i said in my 1st response to you before you started all this : both killers and survivors got good and bad changes. Get on with it

    Have you seen: overcharge, thana, eruption? ✨

  • @Entinaty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3019402#Comment_3019402

    How would that be a problem? Are they bringing back pre-nerf Spirit?

    Pre nerf Spirit never went away, the only difference is the people who wanted easy wins went to play Wraith, she is still the third strongest Killer.

  • @Souplet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3019167#Comment_3019167

    And i use ruin pop painres bbq and so on, do you see me crying over it ? No. But they got trashed to the ground aswell.

    Maybe you should put the pride aside and actually accept that this patch is long overdue

    Pop,Ruin,Pain?

    The can't kill anyone build getting nerfed. I feel sorry for you.

  • With IW and SC nerfs they destroyed stealth for survivors altogether. Horror game btw

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3019184#Comment_3019184

    Pop,Ruin,Pain?

    The can't kill anyone build getting nerfed. I feel sorry for you.

    Oh, because i dont have the right to play 2 or 3 slowdown now ?

    Survivor mains being survivor mains i guess

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3019010#Comment_3019010

    Another useless comment. I didn’t see you complain about unoriginal threads when people were making 10+ a day about how dead hard was op. Bias much?

    Another useless comment disproving the useless comment

  • @KerJuice said:

    Iron Will was fine. It shouldn’t have been touched. It’s useless now.

    The only thing it needed was to not stop regular breathing sounds. That would have been the perfect fix. Now, it joins the perk graveyard instead. Seriously curious to see how many survivor players are quitting after this "update".

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3036423#Comment_3036423

    The only thing it needed was to not stop regular breathing sounds. That would have been the perfect fix. Now, it joins the perk graveyard instead. Seriously curious to see how many survivor players are quitting after this "update".

    It would be really funny to see players quitting because they had too much fun deleting their hitboxes every 60 seconds and making zero noise whatsoever. I really would love to see the high MMR survivor community get thinned out if that's people's idea of fun?? Incessantly running Meta and DEPENDING on it to get a 2 man escape.

  • @Souplet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3036520#Comment_3036520

    Oh, because i dont have the right to play 2 or 3 slowdown now ?

    Survivor mains being survivor mains i guess

    You do have right to use 6 slows combined with add ons.

    The thing is the perks winning for you, not you.

  • Iron Will will be completely killed with these "TWO" nerfs. 75% is not enough if you have a good headset so this perk is completely useless. Making a perk completely useless is nonsense. Why dont they delete it completely. And deactivating it when you used exhaustion perk is even more hard. So this perk got gutted twice in a very hard way.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3037082#Comment_3037082

    You do have right to use 6 slows combined with add ons.

    The thing is the perks winning for you, not you.

    Yes, because you can't actually win without slowdown as clown, myerd or every other low tier killers that i enjoy to play ?

    At least, you cant vs survivors with functionning hands.


    But if you want to go this way, guess whats winning the game for survivor ? Second chances. What is the most meta and comon build rn ? :)

  • I run BloodHound and always easily find Survivors. The game has multiple ways to track someone; when one is suppressed, you use the other options. I love BH because no one expects it, and it perfectly leads you to someone in a Locker or an otherwise good hiding spot. Lithe, Head On, Q&Q, IW, and Smash Hit, are all useless against BH.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3036423#Comment_3036423

    The only thing it needed was to not stop regular breathing sounds. That would have been the perfect fix. Now, it joins the perk graveyard instead. Seriously curious to see how many survivor players are quitting after this "update".

    me

  • I usually took killer sides because of how underwhelming and pressuring the role was once you creep into high rank, agreed that most killers needed tune ups. BHVR, to their credit have listened to feedback and have been buffing killers one by one and might continue but now that it's beginning to affect survivors in a significant way. I'm starting to see just how comfortable killers have gotten when it comes to complaining so much on the forums to the point where they ignore sensible arguments from survivor mains because they're so used to shouting at BHVR to buff killers lol.

    Like seriously Iron Will isn't broken, never was, hell most times killers I've gone up against checked for blood or used their intuition on where scratch marks they followed ended up to try and find me. Hiding like that doesn't work 100% of the time, hell I'd say about 50% of the time they're smart enough to figure out where I am, plus it made playing against spirit manageable for me. If the nerf goes through I'll miss using it but I'm a Jeff main and boy does my man moan loud.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3019184#Comment_3019184

    Pop,Ruin,Pain?

    The can't kill anyone build getting nerfed. I feel sorry for you.

    You'll be able to get some kills if you keep practicing - Hang in there, champ!

  • @PyramidFootLicker said:

    I usually took killer sides because of how underwhelming and pressuring the role was once you creep into high rank, agreed that most killers needed tune ups. BHVR, to their credit have listened to feedback and have been buffing killers one by one and might continue but now that it's beginning to affect survivors in a significant way. I'm starting to see just how comfortable killers have gotten when it comes to complaining so much on the forums to the point where they ignore sensible arguments from survivor mains because they're so used to shouting at BHVR to buff killers lol.

    Like seriously Iron Will isn't broken, never was, hell most times killers I've gone up against checked for blood or used their intuition on where scratch marks they followed ended up to try and find me. Hiding like that doesn't work 100% of the time, hell I'd say about 50% of the time they're smart enough to figure out where I am, plus it made playing against spirit manageable for me. If the nerf goes through I'll miss using it but I'm a Jeff main and boy does my man moan loud.

    Yeah, Jeff, along with a few other characters are super loud. /looks at Bill. So I used Iron Will for those. Ace has to be the most quiet. xD

  • It's literally a "screw survivors" patch. And to hell with solo q. This isn't even about the perks anymore. Killers just got straight up buffed quite significantly and survivors got nerfed. The perk changes just adds salt to the wound. I'd love to see the stats on the PTB with these changes


    image.png


  • Iron will is the best Non exhaustion perk in the game and anyone who thinks otherwise needs a reality check,, perk is way too strong for how simple it is to get value from it, rightfully nerfed though I still think they need to make it work even when exhausted even at half capacity, it's a huge no no no for sprint burst users

  • Imagine the next archives:

    stay 60 seconds within 10 meters to the killer 😂

  • @Entitled_survivor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020021#Comment_3020021

    Iron will is the best Non exhaustion perk in the game and anyone who thinks otherwise needs a reality check,, perk is way too strong for how simple it is to get value from it, rightfully nerfed though I still think they need to make it work even when exhausted even at half capacity, it's a huge no no no for sprint burst users

    Requires being and staying injured for any value, doesn’t stop scratch marks, doesn’t stop blood trails, doesn't stop running sounds, doesn’t stop killer instinct, doesn’t stop screaming, doesn’t stop aura reading, doesn’t stop eyesight. Doesn’t work while infected against Plague or Nemesis. It literally only stops groans of pain. For that one effect, it better be good at it.

    It was balanced, minus stopping regular breathing sounds. Now we’ll probably never see it.

    @ich_häng_mal_rum said:

    Imagine the next archives:

    stay 60 seconds within 10 meters to the killer 😂

    Ugh, thanks for reminding us! Didn’t this last event one specifically require being injured close to the killer too?

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040873#Comment_3040873

    Requires being and staying injured for any value, doesn’t stop scratch marks, doesn’t stop blood trails, doesn't stop running sounds, doesn’t stop killer instinct, doesn’t stop screaming, doesn’t stop aura reading, doesn’t stop eyesight. Doesn’t work while infected against Plague or Nemesis. It literally only stops groans of pain. For that one effect, it better be good at it.

    It was balanced, minus stopping regular breathing sounds. Now we’ll probably never see it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3040880#Comment_3040880

    Ugh, thanks for reminding us! Didn’t this last event one specifically require being injured close to the killer too?

    Yes, even more fun 🤣🤣🤣

  • @KerJuice said:

    Iron Will was fine. It shouldn’t have been touched. It’s useless now.

    Iron Will was NOT fine and its death is a blessing.

  • I have read the newest dev update and it looks like they're really gonna kill the game with nerfing IW.


    Oh poor camping tunneling slugging killers need the game to be as easy as possible, making survivor experience as terrible as

    they can imagine. First demolishing 4:3 resolution, then adding the dredge that makes survivors see NOTHING, and now this.


    What's next? Survivors can't run while injured?

  • the this isn't a nerf as a solo q player, its completely gutted.... the 75% at tier 3 is a nerf. Making it not work when exhausted I will never use it again. I usually play killer as I tend to play solo and still think it's too much. One or the other is a nerf, both = dead perk on my opinion

  • it was nerfed down to 75% I was using it without an exhaustion perk and was losing a lot of killers the nerf wasn't that bad, I don't quite understand why people are whining this much. Even people testing the change didn't really think it was that bad, this whole reaction is very much just an overeaction.

    @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3019031#Comment_3019031

    If you think this update isn’t a buff to killers and a big fat nerf to solo q survivors we clearly aren’t reading the same patch notes.

    The update is a buff to killers one that was needed very much so it's been literally years since killers got a major killer-focused update that affected all killers. It's a nerf to survivors and solo q, but you act as if it wasn't bad beforehand. If anything people going about it sandbagging teammates, dcing instantly, killing themselves at hook as soon as they get found, and dropping all the pallets make it worse not the fact that meta perks were nerfed and killers were buffed.

    I am sure the next update will be solo q and survivor-focused, but it would certainly be a lot better if people weren't taking out their unhappiness on others and making solo q even more miserable just to spread their silly argument. Before the update sure there were second killers in the lobby turning games into 3 v 2, but now it's out of control.

    When games aren't like this or have a hardcore tunneling at 5 gens killer games are fun, I actually have had a very enjoyable time so far out of 26 survivor games so far about 4 were ones the killer tunneled so I am not unhappy about that. Though definitely need some countermeasures at 5 generators to make tunneling not a strategy for use at the start, at the same time I feel like midgame and late-game it's fine, though more measures to make it better to spread out hook states would definitely help.

    Though acting like the game is unplayable because killers got buffed is flat-out lying, it's unplayable because solo q teammates are ruining games for each other, you wanna know how many times a survivor dced in a game when we were winning, not going for unhooks, or just flat out didn't do generators hiding in a corner of the map or thrown all the pallets? Like 14 of the games not even joking, those are the things making it miserable. It wasn't this bad before the update, but people are hardcore throwing now for literally no reason.

  • Iron will, like DH was pretty damn busted beyond belief. The cap at noise reduction is pretty good. They didnt need to basically make it an exhaustion perk though, that was a bit too much.

  • @Mewishis said:

    it was nerfed down to 75% I was using it without an exhaustion perk and was losing a lot of killers the nerf wasn't that bad, I don't quite understand why people are whining this much. Even people testing the change didn't really think it was that bad, this whole reaction is very much just an overeaction.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3019036#Comment_3019036

    The update is a buff to killers one that was needed very much so it's been literally years since killers got a major killer-focused update that affected all killers. It's a nerf to survivors and solo q, but you act as if it wasn't bad beforehand. If anything people going about it sandbagging teammates, dcing instantly, killing themselves at hook as soon as they get found, and dropping all the pallets make it worse not the fact that meta perks were nerfed and killers were buffed.

    I am sure the next update will be solo q and survivor-focused, but it would certainly be a lot better if people weren't taking out their unhappiness on others and making solo q even more miserable just to spread their silly argument. Before the update sure there were second killers in the lobby turning games into 3 v 2, but now it's out of control.

    When games aren't like this or have a hardcore tunneling at 5 gens killer games are fun, I actually have had a very enjoyable time so far out of 26 survivor games so far about 4 were ones the killer tunneled so I am not unhappy about that. Though definitely need some countermeasures at 5 generators to make tunneling not a strategy for use at the start, at the same time I feel like midgame and late-game it's fine, though more measures to make it better to spread out hook states would definitely help.

    Though acting like the game is unplayable because killers got buffed is flat-out lying, it's unplayable because solo q teammates are ruining games for each other, you wanna know how many times a survivor dced in a game when we were winning, not going for unhooks, or just flat out didn't do generators hiding in a corner of the map or thrown all the pallets? Like 14 of the games not even joking, those are the things making it miserable. It wasn't this bad before the update, but people are hardcore throwing now for literally no reason.

    I act as if it wasn’t bad before hand? Are you new here? Have you read my post history? If you haven’t, maybe you should.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087052#Comment_3087052

    I act as if it wasn’t bad before hand? Are you new here? Have you read my post history? If you haven’t, maybe you should.

    Love how you just picked and chose that little tidbit lol, get over yourself like I would go stalking through your post history. If only people on the 'discussion forums' were willing to actually have discussions.

  • @Mewishis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087234#Comment_3087234

    Love how you just picked and chose that little tidbit lol, get over yourself like I would go stalking through your post history. If only people on the 'discussion forums' were willing to actually have discussions.

    Your reply just shows i did the right thing in not even bothering engaging with the rest, cya

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087274#Comment_3087274

    Your reply just shows i did the right thing in not even bothering engaging with the rest, cya

    Yes because you didn't even bother engaging with me lol, you gave me the "dont you know who i am" shtick, like what the heck kinda ego thing are you on friend.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    Iron will, like DH was pretty damn busted beyond belief. The cap at noise reduction is pretty good. They didnt need to basically make it an exhaustion perk though, that was a bit too much.

    You cannot over-nerf Iron Will.

  • I think it shouldn't have deactivated the perk though, like obviously its better in no exhaustion perk builds atm, but it would have been better if they were going to go with the second nerf at least leave it at 50% that is more reasonable honestly.

  • @Mewishis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087279#Comment_3087279

    Yes because you didn't even bother engaging with me lol, you gave me the "dont you know who i am" shtick, like what the heck kinda ego thing are you on friend.

    Na, you assumed something about me to make a point and I corrected you. Get over it.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087281#Comment_3087281

    Na, you assumed something about me to make a point and I corrected you. Get over it.

    OK?

  • They killed the perk with the exhaustion effect. Making survivors breath like when they're healthy would have been enough already. Or putting that exhaustion condition on it but making it 100% again. I'm a spirit main so i'm kinda happy about not seeing it anymore, but they butchered this perk way too hard.

1 2 3 4