Dredge is becoming rare killer to see again?

First two days I think I saw him every second / third game... now it's maybe 1 out of 10 games :(

Anyone feels the same?

Comments

  • People are probably just getting tired of playing him. A lot of people play a couple different killers to keep things interesting

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    People are probably just getting tired of playing him. A lot of people play a couple different killers to keep things interesting

    Maybe people don't like him anymore because he eated Maurice :(

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2993094#Comment_2993094

    Maybe people don't like him anymore because he eated Maurice :(

    I want a Dredge Maurice outfit personally

  • I played as him when I first got him a few times in a row and now he's just kind of in my normal killer rotation (where I play whoever I fancy at the moment). Right now Dredge doesn't get picked very often because I don't have a ton of stuff unlocked for him (I've put about 3 mil BP into him but a lot of the perks like BBQ and Oppression that I like to run haven't come up yet).

  • People found out he's the reason Maurice is gone so they don't like him.

  • Not S tier + SWF

  • I didn't even see him on day one, that is unless I played him. Which I did a couple times. I'm still trying to level him up to get all thr perks unlocked which takes a while. Im guessing that's what others are doing??

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Do you know how painful it is leveling Dredge knowing that the progression change is just around the corner?

    Yes, very much xD I allready P3 him and now the real grind beggins to get perks I want. But I still play him.

  • I don't play killer at all, the game is way too toxic. I had fun with dredge but my MMR went up too high and now I'm getting 0-1k every game with a ton of teabagging. After the last two days of endless sweat and post game mockery I decided to retire killer again. Not my scene.

  • Didn't see him at all no one is playing him which is weird except me playing him in my killer games, I only saw him once playing survivor and he was afk but it's weird that not every match is dredge since you can buy him with shards..

  • There is such a thing as sanctions, if there are players from Russia among your killers, then it is understandable. I myself am from Russia, but the shards need to be saved up, another thing is that I feel sorry for the shards (I have 200k of them now)

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2993094#Comment_2993094

    Maybe people don't like him anymore because he eated Maurice :(

    Could be. JUSTICE FOR MAURICE!

  • I mean hes interesting in concept but still suffers like most other antiloop killers..... W.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2993143#Comment_2993143

    See, this is what I'm talking about. People keep looking at this killer like it's a killer with a high mechanical skill cap or brainless anti-loop power that's meant to immediately win every chase instead of the juggling hit and run, mostly M1 (but situationally anti-loop/zoning mindgame) killer it is.

    Like I get that Dredge might not be the strongest killer even when played to its fullest potential but I've seen so many people try to play it like any other killer, chase someone for 3 gens, and then brush it off as a bad killer. Like this killer isn't Sadako...you can actually get stuff done by abandoning chases at the right time and spreading pressure (especially with buffed sloppy butcher).

    Except most killers are bad because perks just completely outclass them. Even if you try to split pressure as clown or sadako E key for distance can still ######### both of them over and clown by far has the strongest slowdown antiloop.

  • It's quicker and easier to earn BP with other killers who have my usual perks unlocked. The grind is what often stops me from playing new killers.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2993143#Comment_2993143

    See, this is what I'm talking about. People keep looking at this killer like it's a killer with a high mechanical skill cap or brainless anti-loop power that's meant to immediately win every chase instead of the juggling hit and run, mostly M1 (but situationally anti-loop/zoning mindgame) killer it is.

    Like I get that Dredge might not be the strongest killer even when played to its fullest potential but I've seen so many people try to play it like any other killer, chase someone for 3 gens, and then brush it off as a bad killer. Like this killer isn't Sadako...you can actually get stuff done by abandoning chases at the right time and spreading pressure (especially with buffed sloppy butcher).

    Dredge has interesting mechanics, but they aren't exactly mechanics that are novel. The most unique part of his power is passive and honestly most players do not like that style of design. The people who wanted a killer who pops out of lockers the most also weren't the people who were actually going to play said locker based killer the most.

    Coming into a game with stale universal gameplay means he isn't going to really thrive or see a ton of use if he can't fit neatly into the way people are playing the game now. Hit and run still hasn't really recovered and the majority of players aren't macro scale thinkers which is required for hit and run to function half way decently currently. It doesn't take long for people to figure out how to play against new killers these days either so what used to have a couple months of shelf life in terms of learning how to counter now can be sorted out in a matter of days. So by the time most people have leveled a killer up enough to start really playing the game effectively with the killer lots of players have already figured out how to shut down their most aggressive abilities.

    It's really economical to see how the devs have made so many different feeling killers with basically the same few sets of building blocks, but we're starting to really see that nothing's keeping people attention or making both sides really have to expand their skillsets.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2993159#Comment_2993159

    I'm not talking about Clown or Sadako though, I'm talking about the killer that can teleport around the map at will 3 times every 12 seconds (or 4 seconds with Nightfall), oftentimes directly next to gens with approach angles that are mostly under your control. Especially with buffed hemorrhage (aka heal regression) and a slowdown perk or two of your choice...

    I have no idea why everyone is so obsessed with the remnant teleport. That is just not the main strength of Dredge's power. It is merely an aspect of it.

    Eh idk how powerful he will be after the perk rework. Cause after they nerf dh sprint burst is gonna be used a lot more so your teleport to locker ability is just useless because running faster than the killer is funny.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    First two days I think I saw him every second / third game... now it's maybe 1 out of 10 games :(

    Anyone feels the same?

    because he's trash, that's why...

  • Something I think people forget is that there are 28 killers now. 1 every 10 games honesty isn't that bad. Comparatively, it took ages to see Sadako when she released and since then I've played against maybe 3.

    I think we need to wait a bit longer to see where they settle but 1 every 10 games I think would be pretty good.

  • i need to play other killers who have bbq so i can unlock bbq on dredge

  • People try out new killer for 2 days and then play other characters they already have perks on

  • In the end he is still just an m1 killer. His anti loop has the W hold counterplay because he is slowed down and lockers can be locked twice to mess with his teleport and prevent value.

  • I'd say I saw Dredge:

    • Day 1: 8/10 games
    • Day 2: 8/10 games
    • Day 3: 6/10 games
    • Day 4: 3/10 games

    I'm glad tbh. Playing against this killer is really frustrating in solo q. How can I get my Flashbangs when people close EVERY SINGLE LOCKER?!

  • People wanted to try him out, go back to their mains and then test him again.

  • I'm finishing last points of his personal achievement about Nightfall and going back to my girls. Not really like playing him, tbh, although he is much stronger that Onryo.

  • some people just want to play legion

  • He is a really fun killer to use, but experienced 4-man teams can easily counter him. The better killer players could use his abilities in creative ways to push back against these teams...but it is much easier and less frustrating to use other, better, killers when it comes to high MMR games. He is very fun when going up against equally skilled players...but is boring or frustrating to use against superior or inferior survivors. That is my take on it...at least for now anyway. Still trying to learn him, lol.

  • Some maps just hard counter him like the game, and some maps have awful locker spawns.

  • Also I bet many don't have much perks on him yet. Maybe after grade reset ppl will throw some BP at him.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2993163#Comment_2993163

    Eh idk how powerful he will be after the perk rework. Cause after they nerf dh sprint burst is gonna be used a lot more so your teleport to locker ability is just useless because running faster than the killer is funny.

    Im already seeing an upsurge and spike in sprint burst already.

  • he gets boring after few games

    especially since the map rotation system is literally non-existent atm

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2993159#Comment_2993159

    I'm not talking about Clown or Sadako though, I'm talking about the killer that can teleport around the map at will 3 times every 12 seconds (or 4 seconds with Nightfall), oftentimes directly next to gens with approach angles that are mostly under your control. Especially with buffed hemorrhage (aka heal regression) and a slowdown perk or two of your choice...

    I have no idea why everyone is so obsessed with the remnant teleport. That is just not the main strength of Dredge's power. It is merely an aspect of it.

    True, I get almost all of my dredge value from Locker TPs and Nightfall itself. The remnant is good but can be an unreliable anti-loop as well, it's really there to reinforce his Locker TP's as a cut off during chase, especially in Nightfall imo (which is actually quite ingenious, I got to give to the devs. It makes holding W mindlessly have an inherent risk)


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2993172#Comment_2993172

    Can you explain why you think this?

    He has map mobility, stealth and anti-loop.

    In my mind this places him above most killers.

    His mobility still has travel time, you do not insta port from corner A to corner B.

    His stealth is given away(in typhical BHVR fashion) in other ways(loud noises, steps, audio screams, etc). There is not a single true stealth killer in this game that does not have some type of cue to let you know they are using their stealth ability.

    His anti-loop only works on people who are not familiar with how it works/in deadzones. Good survivors will see him channeling and leave the loop and go to the next. He cannot do anything in this scenario.

  • Cool killer he's really fun to play but I got bored quickly and went back playing my mains.

    He's definitely one of the funniest killers to go against he brings a unique atmosphere with his Nightfall he also has the best teleport ability in the game rn.

    Poor Sadako and Freddy they just keep getting disrespected by BHVR.

  • Number of reasons:

    • The Dredge is not new anymore. It happens all the time that the rate a new Killer is picked decreases drastically over the first few days.
    • Not many people want to really unlock a lot of stuff on them. I will also just bring them to P3 and then only touch them after the Bloodweb-Change.
    • Biggest reason for me personally: I just dislike Killers with that kind of Antiloop. You shut down the Loop and the Survivor uses Shift + W to get away (what should they do? They have to...), so you never catch someone because you actually outplayed them, you catched them, because Killers are better at Shift + W than Survivors, due to their faster Movement Speed. Yay, exciting!
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2993172#Comment_2993172

    Can you explain why you think this?

    He has map mobility, stealth and anti-loop.

    In my mind this places him above most killers.

    with pleasure... let's start from his "antiloop" if we can call it in that way... when he start to use his power his basic MS will be capped at 3.8, meaning that's sufficient literally hold w shift to counter his "powerful" antiloop (also he's a huge blob of garbage, unlike sadako who can at least mindgame certain loops due to her low height)... his teleport ability wouldn't be bad... if wasn't for: 1 survivors can lock lockers, utterly wasting your time 2 it's decent only during nightfall, when you did it normally his speed is greatly slowed 3 once you exit from a locker you have a cooldown long enough to allow a survivor to reach a safe spot (and if this wouldn't be enough the chosen locker will be sourrounded by a black mist, giving other clues to the survivors). finally his nightfall effect wouldn't be bad... if it could be triggered more easily, the killer itself wouldn't be so loud and people would stop to apply nvidia filters in order to have a brighter game, without mentioning that this passive ability won't slow down the overall genspeed... are those points enough for you?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Do you know how painful it is leveling Dredge knowing that the progression change is just around the corner?

    I told myself, this will be the sign of the true grinders.... those who had a p3 Dredge before the prestige grind rework, because he will be the last new killer before the change I think, unless a new killer comes out before.

    Then we gotta p3 that one too bois

  • I can't believe that. He is easily a top killer that is extremely fun to play.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    I can't believe that. He is easily a top killer that is extremely fun to play.

    the facts didn't match your statement... sorry to disappoint you, but he's easily one of the worst killer in the game right now

  • @Tostapane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998511#Comment_2998511

    the facts didn't match your statement... sorry to disappoint you, but he's easily one of the worst killer in the game right now

    A killer with incredible map pressure and anti-loop is not the worst killer. He is one of the best. He is overpowered.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2993167#Comment_2993167

    It really does just boil down into people refusing to think differently and adjust their playstyle and loadouts to the strengths of the killer. I don't blame them for all the reasons you mentioned, but it does frustrate me when people try to make an objective assessment of how strong they are when they refuse to make the basic effort of trying something different for once instead of running the same basic ######### they always run when it has almost 0 synergy with the power. Like yeah, maybe the most optimal playstyle isn't fun for the average player. But that doesn't mean the killer is weak, that could mean they're being played wrong.

    Guaranteed this is the first killer in awhile where thinking just a little outside the box is rewarded. Sadako was the precursor to the idea of this playstyle, and it turned out to be underwhelming because of her restrictions.

    Maybe Dredge being considered weak and being played less is a good thing for those who do want to play them.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2993168#Comment_2993168

    3 teleport tokens every 12 seconds outside of nightfall my guy (plus some travel time). What, is every sprint burst user just going to avoid gens and walk around for 40 seconds every time? And that's assuming there isn't going to be any changes to exhaustion perks across the board, or base game changes that help out Dredge/M1 killers enough to make them stronger.

    I got Dredge on day 3 or 4,because I hadn't enough shards (not sharts this time! I looked it up. Eaw), and by that time a lot of survivors hadn't adepted to his kit and I got a lot of free hits on survivors who past a locker during a chase and I nearly could see the confusion etched onto their faces.

    By now survivors know to avoid locker locations when versing the Dredge but I still get the occasional surprise hit. No one plays perfect and mistakes are the salt of this game.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    First two days I think I saw him every second / third game... now it's maybe 1 out of 10 games :(

    Anyone feels the same?

    1/10 when there are 28 options is not rare.

  • I do enjoy playing Dredge, but it can incredibly frustrating so maybe that is part of the reason.

    His remnant can get you hits at loops, but most of the time the survivor will just run away. This isn't very fun to face, and if loops are close enough together to be chained using your remnant is actually pointless.

    Your teleport also is dependent on the locker placements, something out of your control. I had my worst feeling match last night with Dredge when I had to play on shelter woods. Might as well not even have a teleport as there were almost no lockers, and the ones that were there were in places near useless to me. Was not fun being basically denied my power all game.

    Its also frustrating to accidently teleport to a locker you didn't want to, or how every locker might as well be locked from the start, not to mention all the time you waste having to break them.

  • @Tostapane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998511#Comment_2998511

    the facts didn't match your statement... sorry to disappoint you, but he's easily one of the worst killer in the game right now

    I'd like to know what Killers are decent then if the Dredge is like on the same level as Trapper or Myers.

  • I love him and will always play hin he is my new Main and i already have him P3 😊


    But yeah i Think his pickrate will Drop every weak because against Good Survivors he is just a weaker Artist and just a M1 Killer whit high Mobility

    Ppl still rather playing Nurse, Spirit, Blignt and Bubba instead because they are much better in the Current Meta

  • I had 4 encounters yesterday

  • There’s almost 30 killers so on average you’ll only see a given killer about once every 30 games. Even if Dredge is more popular than average you’re still not likely to see him in more than 5-10% of games simply because there are so many other killers out there.

  • People are still buying the DLC and leveling up this killer and will likely not go out until they have full perks.

    I suspect you will see much more Dredge than you want soon enough because he is a decent killer.

  • There's 26 killers in the game and the novelty effect is wearing off. What else is there to say.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998527#Comment_2998527

    A killer with incredible map pressure and anti-loop is not the worst killer. He is one of the best. He is overpowered.

    He is B Tier or maybe low A Tier at least his anti Loop he is easy to counter much easier than Artist

    Artist feels Stronger as him

‹ 1 2