Tyde's New tier list
I'm about others but this list is... Well pretty bad. Here's some things of like to say about it.
1. Myers is not a A tier killer, idc what he says. Even with red add-ons I have never been destroyed by a Myers. He gets looped, usually only gets 1 person downed in EW3 in rank 1 (just play billy for this but better
)and he needs to waste time to charge his power.
2. Hag is NOT D tier. Just listen to the video he clearly does not know how to play hag properly. Granted a lot of players don't either. A good example of this is he does not even talk about useing the camera flicks for free hits, yes FREE hits which he said she can't always get. I'm not going to go deep into her as she is hard to grasp and her play style is weird.
3. Leather is not B tier... I don't really think I need to go into this but just because a killer has an Insta down does not mean he is good. Basically any nearby object be it a pallet, wall, or window can deny his power. Windows are everywhere as well as pallets, you can circle an object exploiting your smaller hit box to avoid a saw that would have got you, and it can be juked fairly easily, its like a big wide lunge with the killer swinging side to side.
4. This might just be me but wraith is C tier. His buffs have allowed his power to be used more often in a chase and many times I cloak right after a hit and get to the survivor before he can get to a window or pallet. He also got a lot of good add-ons with his buff like a free mangled after a cloak hit and the cloak speed add-ons.
https://youtu.be/piXrsiIRyvA
1. Myers is not a A tier killer, idc what he says. Even with red add-ons I have never been destroyed by a Myers. He gets looped, usually only gets 1 person downed in EW3 in rank 1 (just play billy for this but better
2. Hag is NOT D tier. Just listen to the video he clearly does not know how to play hag properly. Granted a lot of players don't either. A good example of this is he does not even talk about useing the camera flicks for free hits, yes FREE hits which he said she can't always get. I'm not going to go deep into her as she is hard to grasp and her play style is weird.
3. Leather is not B tier... I don't really think I need to go into this but just because a killer has an Insta down does not mean he is good. Basically any nearby object be it a pallet, wall, or window can deny his power. Windows are everywhere as well as pallets, you can circle an object exploiting your smaller hit box to avoid a saw that would have got you, and it can be juked fairly easily, its like a big wide lunge with the killer swinging side to side.
4. This might just be me but wraith is C tier. His buffs have allowed his power to be used more often in a chase and many times I cloak right after a hit and get to the survivor before he can get to a window or pallet. He also got a lot of good add-ons with his buff like a free mangled after a cloak hit and the cloak speed add-ons.
https://youtu.be/piXrsiIRyvA
Comments
Tyde still overrates Myers I see. ######### lol.
... What the ######### Leatherface better than Hag? He's like the second worst killer in the game. About half of his add-ons are practically useless. What kind of mental gymnastics is this?
Well a skilled Myers will clean house the same as a skilled Bubba and Wraith is one of the best if played right with good addons. Hag isn't A or B tier anymore really unless they're extremely skilled and have her best addons.
Her rework caught a lot of people off guard with how dominant she was but once people got more used to it she's probably B/C tier.
Tyde's Tier list is what it is, an opinion. And yes he might be a popular streamer who plays the game on a regular basis, it doesn't mean that his Tier list is the ultimate truth.
I'm with many. Disagreeing with his positioning and putting int he Tier list. I'm not even sure if it makes sense to make so many differen tiers actually. Recent killer buffs really put many midtier killers closer together I think. But that's only an opinion too.
Funny is, I always think tha tLF is underestimated by the community. Yes, he needs buffs. His power is straightforward and be denied by vaults and pallets and certain objects. But still he has an alternate Way to destroy pallets, and he punishes bad positioning quite well. That's probably why I think he benefit the most from the exhaustion change.
Just my 2cents
That's why you - and everyone who thinks it's garbage - needs to stop giving it more exposure, and instead give exposure to videos that aren't garbage.
Just because you get more exposure dosen't automatically mean you're credible.
True, but there's a reason ad populum is used in politics - groupthink is a real phenomenon.
It's seriously bad in some sub-cultures.
All of them, actually. The effect is inherently negative and is inherently present wherever large groups of people can be found.
My god, look it's of course his opinion but LF better than Hag? Or even doctor?
I am starting to feel that this is why LF isnt being buffed, because " He has a insta down attack ". While that is true and it can be very powerful, the ease of use of it compared to lets say- Hillbilly, Tyde's own comparison is not even close.
LF- Slow, clunky with terrible add-ons to boot
Hillbilly- Probably the best map pressure in the game and is arguably better than LF chainsaw at close range because Hillbilly doesn't get as punished in his movement speed while revving like Leatherface does.
LF is BARELY above Freddy right now.
I mean.... I M E A N. I have seen some pretty outrageous opinions and I usually respect and can understand why they think that. But in this situation. No just no. It blows my mind that hes been playing this game so long because Id expect a tier list like this from someone with 100 hours. This is really really cringy.
In most topics Tyde is actually spot on.
People do nitpicking on him, because he is rating killer different than they would do, just to bad mouthing his rep in general.
Would I agree with all his killer rankings? No, but not that much, I would rank Doc, Hag and even Wraith now higher but Myers, Clown Shape, Leatherface, heck even Trapper and Pig are overrated.
My ranking:
S Nurse (and Nurse only)
A Billy (and Billy only)
B Huntress, Clown
C Shape, Doc, Hag, Wraith
D Trapper, Pig, Leatherface, (Spirit?)
F Freddy
Leatherface is B Tier and The Hag is D Tier?! Okay, unsubscribed...
The real tier list:
S - Nurse
D - Everyone else
Hag is the best killer
Guys, it's just one dude's opinion and he gave his reasons.
If that's what he thinks then that's what he thinks. I wouldn't say I agree with it completely either but he has interesting opinions at least.
Tyde's content has always been less interesting/entertaining than either True's or Panda's. He'sa nice guy to be sure, but that's about it. Obviously he's entitled to his opinion, but I think here he's completely wrong.
Okay, since TydeTyme is still just 1 dude, i'm not going to be influenced, especially since we have about the same amount of hours.
But now that i've read your post before watching the video, i'm not even gonna watch the video.
So apparently, he has Cannibal 2 tiers higher than Hag.
Lol, gtfo.
Yes, it's just 1 thing he got wrong, sure.
But it's so blatantly obvious that it's wrong that i don't need to see the rest, there's gonna be a lot of disagreements.
Just because he knows some things about the game and has played a lot doesn't mean his opinions = facts.
His tier lists are always terrible because he doesn't grasp how to play certain killers/they don't fit his personal playstyle.
Plus he's gotten super jaded over the last few months (or longer really) so take what he spits out with a grain of salt.
Myers is probably one of, if not the most overrated Killer in the game. Yes, he has an instadown, but what good is it if he gets looped for its duration? Or if he gets starved of Evil Within for most of the game and it activates too late for him to do anything? His small terror radius is easily countered by using your eyes to look around.
He thinks that Clown is better than Huntress because Clown doesn’t have to go to lockers to reload and has 115% movement speed, which makes me think that he might not be that good with Huntress. Just because it’s harder to hit her hatchets doesn’t mean that she’s worse than Clown. Two other things she has going for her that Clown doesn’t are her map pressure (throw hatchets and damage Survivors) from a distance and her lullaby can make it harder to judge just how close she really is, especially with Monitor and Abuse on (Tyde did say he would mention perks and add-ons).
Leatherface not being in the bottom 2 is hilarious. He has to be right on top of Survivors and pray that they aren’t close to anything in order to use his chainsaw. Otherwise, he becomes a powerless Killer that can be looped for days.
Pig is too low because even though her power relies on RNG, she can slow the game down without Ruin pretty well.
I think that Tyde just isn’t that good with Hag, Doc, and Wraith.
Hag can now place traps in a chase, meaning that she can trick Survivors into vaulting over a window or pallet because they don’t know if she’s teleported yet and if she decides to teleport, she get a free hit or even a grab. Her camera flick makes even easier to get a hit or grab on a Survivor. Her traps also give her the potential for a surprise attack. I’m pretty sure a Hag main like Croquedead or SpaceCoconut could go more in-depth as to why Hag isn’t a garbage Killer though.
Doctor can stun the Survivors at more than just one or two pallet or window spots, especially if the pallet has been dropped. It is harder if the pallet hasn’t been dropped though because of his base shock range being small and his movement speed being decreased while charging his shock. I would fix this by simply increasing his movement speed to at least 100% while charging his shock and make the range of the Moldy or Polished Electrode part of his base kit. He also has an easy time slugging Survivors because of Madness 3 revealing a Survivor’s location to him. It’s also easier for Doc to mess with the Survivor and cause them to miss a skill check or throw a pallet down early. He also has a variety of add-ons that he can use to increase his power.
Wraith’s power can now be used more in a chase and he can get some hits in quicker because of his built-in Windstorm. Like Doctor, he also a variety of add-ons that he can use to increase his power.
My tier list would be:
Nurse
Hillbilly
Hag
Huntress
Spirit
Clown
Doctor
Myers
Pig
Wraith
Trapper
Leatherface
Freddy
if you disagree with his opinion, why dont you leave a commend under his video then?
again, this video is his opinion, so its only natural that its different from yours.
and honestly, i would have placed hag higher on the list too, but i still dont think as her of a very strong killer still.
This is actually my tier list. Every killer played the right way (and with the right build) can be awesome, it's all in the player's hand. Nurse is just beyond everything for obvious reasons.
Hag and LF were totally wrong. He overrates one shots too much and it's clear he doesn't know how to play Hag properly. She is insanely powerful when used correctly. Myers he also overrates but I would say that's not as an extreme a boo-boo as the other 2. I also find it funny he rates Clown above both Huntress and Spirit. The way I see it, the top tiers are all the "slow" killers plus Hillbilly. Clown would be the first of the NEXT tier after all them, followed by Myers and Pig.
I typically enjoy Tyde's going-ons... but his placement of poor Bubba had me cackling. Seriously? Any decent survivor worth half their salt will make the chainsaw more of a hindrance than a 1-hit help (that chainsaw needs more immediate attention than even Freddy's rework, IMHO). Wraith isn't nearly as bad as he makes out; he's probably my 3rd favorite Killer right now for when I want to play competitively. And Michael and Hag placements? #########?
@Mister_xD have you ever tried talking with TydeTyme? I used to think he was an AWESOME killer, but when I started to notice all of his inaccurate statements, that respect was lost. Now that he rarely plays DbD at all, I can't see how he thinks that he would be any authority on the game.
Also id put LF S tier just because he has absolute hook domination. If someone pisses you off or is a douchebag you hook them and they aren’t getting off the hook.
IDK what that guy is talking about, but from experience if you see a survivor about to hit a trap you can almost buffer your teleport and swing so that you hit them instantly. It's really hard to juke for the simple fact you just do it so fast they can't react.
He could also be referring to camera jerk, where the survivor's camera is pulled towards the phantasm. I sometimes place a trap in the corner of the shack or something so that if they try to loop me through the window, they hit the trap and it pulls their camera to the corner. Most of the time they run into the corner, for just a moment, long enough that you can hit them because it messed up their loop. Another good spot is on the right corner at the bottom of the long steps for the basement. They crouch in to make the save, and if you pressure them by coming back to the basement after the save they tend to just try to run out. When they do they hit that trap and it pulls them into the corner, and it is enough to seriously screwed them over.
I'm struggling to even understand why this thread was started. The OP links to a youtubers video discussing killer tiers and then disagrees with the content. Here is a crazy idea. Why not post your disagreeing view in the comment section of the video. Then if you want to discuss what you think the killers tiers are then you can start your own thread with your own opinions. It seems truly bizarre to me to start a thread with someone else's opinions and then disagree with them.
Perhaps on the PC. On PS4 the nurse is largely thought of as a joke killer. So your fact isn't really a fact.
Wraith, Leatherface and Hag are misplaced.
The others are fine.
The only thing I can think of is he's better with Bubba than Hag so he places him higher. If you think of this in the abstract you'd rate killers you're phenomenal with as higher than other and vice versa on ones you're not.
We can all agree Nurse is god tier andis the 1 killer to rule them all, 1 killer to not get looped at all. With any of the rest in the hands of a really competent player they're all 2nd tier.
I absolutely suck at Nurse but the more I play her the better I can do, but she's just not my playstyle. I started out on Trapper and then played Huntress but couldn't get into ehr as much even though i do good with her. I found Pig and Myers lots of fun.
I've played Doctor and Hag, and Clown and Bubba but didn't feel them either but Spirit is my favorite to play along with Trapper.
With Trapper I have lots of laughs and good games by placing traps in the both most obvious places but also in places where no sane person would ever place one. Then get a good laugh when someone steps in one of them.
But playing Spirit really makes you think and have to rely on you're hearing more and pay more attention to the small details like grass moving etc.
LF isn't as bad as people say. Not with charge time add ons. Sure he's a bit bland but an insta down is an insta down. Also when it comes to basement game it's GG.
Hag....yeah she's definitely an upper tier killer. The pressure she can put on survivors is so strong. You can hit one with sloppy then teleport to another mid chase to down them, leaving the first healing.
You can chase one then teleport to a hook to carch the rescuer, or you can continue the chase knowing that the rescue will be slowed down by the fact that they have to crouch walk through the area. Her basement game is also extremely strong.
And yeah Myers....eh he has his moments but I'm not convinced he's THAT good.
The thing is, a tier list is not "which character I am best with" it's "which character is, either statistically or practically, the best".
Nurse is the best killer because she can teleport through objects, making pallets and windows unsafe against her. Her only real counter, stealth, is something most survivors actually suck at despite how simple it actually is once you realize what to do (eg. walk, use objects to block any line of sight the killer might have on you, be aware of the sounds you make and the tracks you leave behind, etc.). This is why she is so good, she ignores a very key aspect of the game's design. The fact that Nurse is a difficult killer to learn/use does not make up for what she actually has the capability of doing.
A tier list is a character's maximum potential. Huntress has more potential than Myers because she can hit you from a distance, and makes certain pallets/windows unsafe, where Myers can't. Myers stealth can also be countered by many survivor perks, or just by a survivor with good game sense. Hatchets can only be countered by juking, which is much more difficult to do than tracking the killer, especially if it's a good Huntress with good aim.
I made a thing...
https://youtu.be/VJLFHVpLxkk
If that couldn't be reflected into making a tier list, then official should just release the killer rate.of each killer as tier list and call it a day.
He has the easiest one hit down.
Who cares about some list made by a random player anyway?
I can make a list too lol.
That doesn't mean that Myers is a good killer though. Just that you reached his maximum potential sooner than you did with other killers. Nurse takes far more skill to use than Myers, but the payoff is way better once you get to that point. That's why Nurse is top tier and Myers is, at best, upper mid-tier.
Tier lists are not opinions. Well, officially recognized ones are not. Tyde's is, which is why it's not really a tier list. Tier lists are based on stats and abilities of a character compared to others, as well as official tournament results (which we have only had 2? but all Nurses AFAIK). A character with better stats and/or more options will be superior. A higher tiered killer will have more success, when played to their maximum potential, than a lower tier killer.
When people say "I can 4k with Freddy at rank 1" it doesn't change the fact that Freddy is just mechanically less powerful than the Nurse. If you take the absolute best DBD in the world (killer and surv) then clone them 4 times and have him play a game against himselves, the outcome will be determined mainly by which killer he uses. Perks, the map, and RNG can all influence the outcome too, but the high tier killers are generally the ones least affected by these drawbacks. If you pick Nurse then these things matter less than if you are Freddy.
I'd like to see Truetalent and Monto have a teir list, I think theirs would be more accurate.