Blight, blight, blight and another blight.

Please, for the love of god buff the other killers! So sick of going against Blight because everything else is so weak :(

It doesn't help that they all run the same build with alch and crow addon..

I'm not saying nerf him ( do fix the exploits though) but to stop nerfing everyone else. There have been no twins, myers wraith, Trapper, Trickster, freddy, legion, demo, Ghost face, spirit or Trickster.

One doctor 4 clowns 2 bubbas (basement.. yay.), 2 hags 1 plague, 2 pigs, 1 oni, 4 Nemesis a bunch of Huntress and at least one of the rest.. But blight is by far the most common, showing up roughly every second or third game, if not back to back.

He is getting boring just because he is so common and they usually run the same build. It is made even more frustrating when your team mates are so sick of him that they DC the moment they hear the rush or just go afk.

I know i am typing words at a brick wall and they will probably nerf Pig, slinger and Twins again next chapter, But i just need to vent at the void that caused this

I am actually starting to feel sorry for survivor mains if this is the norm and the killers i play are the relief between the blight madness.

Comments

  • Blight need nerf!!

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782733#Comment_2782733

    I'm pretty sure you'll not. there is more than needed killer players even right now

    Survivors have queues between 10 and 15 minutes during prime time, but you think there are enough people playing killer?

    Thats a bold statement.

  • @emodeshort said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781967#Comment_2781967

    When the spirit was strong, every game was a 50/50 between her and the blight, when was the last time you saw a spirit?

    It's very funny because the majority of spirit players would use the stand still mind game, which is why people dropped her because you actually need to be good with her. Same thing with Freddy before his add-ons, Undying, and Bt got changed. A lot of people played Freddy because he got the most amount of value for the least amount of effort, of course once they changed him people dropped him because he could no longer counter BT, he could no rely on his old swing chains anymore, and you couldn't just spam the snares mindlessly.

  • @GillyBeannn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782053#Comment_2782053

    It's very funny because the majority of spirit players would use the stand still mind game, which is why people dropped her because you actually need to be good with her. Same thing with Freddy before his add-ons, Undying, and Bt got changed. A lot of people played Freddy because he got the most amount of value for the least amount of effort, of course once they changed him people dropped him because he could no longer counter BT, he could no rely on his old swing chains anymore, and you couldn't just spam the snares mindlessly.

    funny, you say that killers like to turn off their brains and win in a thread about facing a blight every game, a killer that requires mechanical skill and game knowledge

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782741#Comment_2782741

    Survivors have queues between 10 and 15 minutes during prime time, but you think there are enough people playing killer?

    Thats a bold statement.

    It depends on time of the day. I usually have 1min queue time as survivor

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782752#Comment_2782752

    It depends on time of the day. I usually have 1min queue time as survivor

    As i said, you won´t have a short queue during prime time. Only in the morning, when other people work/study.

  • Blight is strong AND fun to play.

    Logical continuation would be make more killers like that in their power usage. But what most likely happen is to make Blight less fun because thats the way this game studio works

  • people don't want to play killer much if not at all,at some point survivors Q will be tooo long and game will die.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    The only problematic things with Blight are Alchemist Ring and lag flicks. Other than that he's the second best-designed and best-balanced killer in the game, first being Nurse.

    LOL, "Nurse is best-designed and best-balanced killer"! These forums are so ridiculously killer-sided, that they're a parody of themselves.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782880#Comment_2782880

    As i said, you won´t have a short queue during prime time. Only in the morning, when other people work/study.

    idk, evening queues are still fast for me

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782130#Comment_2782130

    LOL, "Nurse is best-designed and best-balanced killer"! These forums are so ridiculously killer-sided, that they're a parody of themselves.

    Skill issue. You should watch and learn from better survivors.

  • The more you win, the more you play against killers who win. As it turns out, it's only the same killers that win as you, yourself, win too much.

    Not just that, Blight does something very few killers in this meta do: He can catch you Shift+Wing, which means that only a good player is getting away from you if you're competent. He applies map pressure, and synergizes well with perks that manage gens. And lastly, his power can often be useful to outplay people in loops, and that is everything in this game outside of map pressure.

    All and all, he's not overpowered, he's simply a strong killer that everyone wants nerfed because all they see is Blight's and they're tired of him. Fact is you're only ever going to always see one killer more often than the others if you're not at lower MMR, and the rare time you do see a killer you rarely ever see, you're probably in for an easy game (or one that is camp into end game NOED into 2 kills, like a Bubba)

    Perhaps what makes Blight so appealing and strong is something that all killers should be designed to have, because in my opinion this killer highlights the major flaws this game has and the majority of the killer pool have. Though, at the end of the day most killers are all viable for most of the playerbase.

  • @yeet said:

    survivors keep demanding the devs nerf the fun out of every killer then they wonder why survivor queue times just keep getting longer and longer and longer

    They'd rather wait 30 minutes for a stomp where they can tbag the killer, than any chance of actually losing a match

  • Yeah I am pretty sick to death of seeing Blights too, I don't even see Nurse very often any more either. Just Blight... over and over

  • He's not a "monster" to the devs the twins are the monsters 😒

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    Yeah I am pretty sick to death of seeing Blights too, I don't even see Nurse very often any more either. Just Blight... over and over

    People aren't playing nurse as much atm because when they re-did the code to make her smoother and have less bugs - there's still a couple of issues that need to be ironed out, mainly surrounding the 2nd blink bug which I imagine will be fixed in a hotfix. Potentially tomorrow


    On the topic of Blight, can I just pose a question to my fellow thread goers

    Is Blight really as hard to play as everyone says he is?

    Because from my experience playing him as well as seeing other people play him, he doesn't seem that hard at all. His power's hurtbox feels extremely generous and couple that with movement speed addons, a survivors time to react is severely hindered

    Also the issue of perk variety - As much as facing a good nurse is frustrating at least Nurse players don't all run the same 4/5 perks. Many do, but you'll also see Nurses running off-meta, fun or otherwise perks as well.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783212#Comment_2783212

    People aren't playing nurse as much atm because when they re-did the code to make her smoother and have less bugs - there's still a couple of issues that need to be ironed out, mainly surrounding the 2nd blink bug which I imagine will be fixed in a hotfix. Potentially tomorrow

    On the topic of Blight, can I just pose a question to my fellow thread goers

    Is Blight really as hard to play as everyone says he is?

    Because from my experience playing him as well as seeing other people play him, he doesn't seem that hard at all. His power's hurtbox feels extremely generous and couple that with movement speed addons, a survivors time to react is severely hindered

    Also the issue of perk variety - As much as facing a good nurse is frustrating at least Nurse players don't all run the same 4/5 perks. Many do, but you'll also see Nurses running off-meta, fun or otherwise perks as well.

    Well I am the first to admit that I am far better at countering Nurse because I main her (though I don't play killer at all at present as not enjoying it). But you are right in that pretty much every Blight runs the same build, same addons and plays in the same sweaty way.

    I get why people want to play a strong killer like Blight as getting stomped playing weaker killers gets old fast. But I find myself audibly groaning when I see the killer is Blight...

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783219#Comment_2783219

    Well I am the first to admit that I am far better at countering Nurse because I main her (though I don't play killer at all at present as not enjoying it). But you are right in that pretty much every Blight runs the same build, same addons and plays in the same sweaty way.

    I get why people want to play a strong killer like Blight as getting stomped playing weaker killers gets old fast. But I find myself audibly groaning when I see the killer is Blight...

    Ruin Pop Corrupt Tinkerer

    Ruin Undying Pop Tinkerer

    Ruin Pop Undying Corrupt

    Ruin Pop Pain Resonance Corrupt


    As much as I don't really like Lilithomen's content (Nothing to do with him, I just find watching Blight boring), at least he basically only plays with shadowborn most of the time, I can respect the hell out of it.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783212#Comment_2783212

    People aren't playing nurse as much atm because when they re-did the code to make her smoother and have less bugs - there's still a couple of issues that need to be ironed out, mainly surrounding the 2nd blink bug which I imagine will be fixed in a hotfix. Potentially tomorrow

    On the topic of Blight, can I just pose a question to my fellow thread goers

    Is Blight really as hard to play as everyone says he is?

    Because from my experience playing him as well as seeing other people play him, he doesn't seem that hard at all. His power's hurtbox feels extremely generous and couple that with movement speed addons, a survivors time to react is severely hindered

    Also the issue of perk variety - As much as facing a good nurse is frustrating at least Nurse players don't all run the same 4/5 perks. Many do, but you'll also see Nurses running off-meta, fun or otherwise perks as well.

    His difficulty is like Nurse’s. High skill floor in learning when/how to use the power well and its intricacies. But the ceiling comes from facing very good survivors that know how to play against the power, and how to adapt to bad maps/different survivor playstyles.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783219#Comment_2783219

    His difficulty is like Nurse’s. High skill floor in learning when/how to use the power well and its intricacies. But the ceiling comes from facing very good survivors that know how to play against the power, and how to adapt to bad maps/different survivor playstyles.

    I don't really agree that he's similiar to Nurse though because Nurse has no option other than using her power

    Blight can have his cake and eat it, he can chase normally and use a pretty strong and sometimes oppressive power. I think that's one of the things that bothers me about him but I can't quite put my finger on why.

    Some ppl think blight should be 110% or smth but I don't know if that's the best solution either

  • I just had a Blight. Crazy angles, try that on console!

    (Besides that, i really enjoy versing him)

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783228#Comment_2783228

    I don't really agree that he's similiar to Nurse though because Nurse has no option other than using her power

    Blight can have his cake and eat it, he can chase normally and use a pretty strong and sometimes oppressive power. I think that's one of the things that bothers me about him but I can't quite put my finger on why.

    Some ppl think blight should be 110% or smth but I don't know if that's the best solution either

    Chasing normally is a massive downside on strong tiles.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783233#Comment_2783233

    Chasing normally is a massive downside on strong tiles.

    It's still an option though. Blight players would certainly feel it if he was slower and had to only use his power 90% of the time

    If a nurse can't catch somebody using blinks, they can't just use their 115% to catch you

    I don't think it's quite the same.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783235#Comment_2783235

    It's still an option though. Blight players would certainly feel it if he was slower and had to only use his power 90% of the time

    If a nurse can't catch somebody using blinks, they can't just use their 115% to catch you

    I don't think it's quite the same.

    Nurse can go through walls, Blight can’t. Making him 110% would be a major nerf for loops that don’t work well with his power at all.

  • Blight can flick around several sharp corners and hit survivors at ridiculous angles

    He also has addons that make him move so fast the window to react is severely limited. Yes, Nurse can go through walls but she always moves at the same speed

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783241#Comment_2783241

    Blight can flick around several sharp corners and hit survivors at ridiculous angles

    He also has addons that make him move so fast the window to react is severely limited. Yes, Nurse can go through walls but she always moves at the same speed

    If he flicks/hugs around objects, peeling off counters that. It’s about making the better mindgame read.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783243#Comment_2783243

    If he flicks/hugs around objects, peeling off counters that. It’s about making the better mindgame read.

    My point isn't that it's uncounterable. Wasn't insinuating that

    My overall point is that Blight and Nurse are not as similar as you said.

    Blight has a strong power with a lot of utility, room for error/correction as well as all the little techs and such. There's also frustrations facing Blight because his base power is strong so when you throw in addons that completely throw off how to play against it (movement speed addons for example), it's frustrating and hard to react to.

    He can also just chase normally, he has all the benefits of an extremely strong power AND all the benefits of being a 115% movement speed killer with no downsides

    Meanwhile, Nurse has a power that she relies on 90% of the time, has little room for error most of the time and when you go against it - it's consistant. She doesn't have addons that make her move faster in Blink or appear faster (not anymore at least). She also cannot chase normally except under extremely niche or rare circumstances.

    In short, skill ceiling wise you could argue similarities but in terms of how they work and what it takes to learn them - I think they are quite far apart.

  • Blight is basically the only fun and strong killer in the game right now. Nurse is fun when you don't get a bug every 30 seconds which is basically never, while others like Hag, Twins and Spirit are either boring or feel clunky to play. Maybe we should focus on making the other 25 killers fun and strong as well instead of nerfing Blight.

  • All killers can reach the match making MMR max. Its just players that played killers too this point stopped playing them. High MMR is not that high of a threshold where only a few killers can reach.

  • Well, you always see dh and no killer asks for buffing other perks, only to nerf dh. So... nerf blight

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783247#Comment_2783247

    My point isn't that it's uncounterable. Wasn't insinuating that

    My overall point is that Blight and Nurse are not as similar as you said.

    Blight has a strong power with a lot of utility, room for error/correction as well as all the little techs and such. There's also frustrations facing Blight because his base power is strong so when you throw in addons that completely throw off how to play against it (movement speed addons for example), it's frustrating and hard to react to.

    He can also just chase normally, he has all the benefits of an extremely strong power AND all the benefits of being a 115% movement speed killer with no downsides

    Meanwhile, Nurse has a power that she relies on 90% of the time, has little room for error most of the time and when you go against it - it's consistant. She doesn't have addons that make her move faster in Blink or appear faster (not anymore at least). She also cannot chase normally except under extremely niche or rare circumstances.

    In short, skill ceiling wise you could argue similarities but in terms of how they work and what it takes to learn them - I think they are quite far apart.

    Being a regular M1 115% without anti-loop in chase is significantly weak against better players in chase because strong tiles absolutely maul them. Certain tile setups are an auto lost chase for a regular M1 like that. It’s literally not chasable in a worthwhile time against very good survivors, so that’s an immediate force dropped chase. That is why every killer should have anti-loop. Ideally, it would be more interactive than “M2 for guaranteed hit at pallet or vault”, but it’s better than nothing. If anything, it should be considered a baseline minimum for non-ranged killers that aren’t Nurse. There are loops that are still infinites versus 110s in this game.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783260#Comment_2783260

    Being a regular M1 115% without anti-loop in chase is significantly weak against better players in chase because strong tiles absolutely maul them. That is why every killer should have anti-loop. Ideally, it would be more interactive than “M2 for guaranteed hit at pallet or vault”, but it’s better than nothing. If anything, it should be considered a baseline minimum for non-ranged killers that aren’t Nurse. There are loops that are still infinites versus 110s in this game.

    I don't think chasing normally is as weak as you're putting across personally but that's neither here nor there

    Like I said in a previous post, I don't think neutering his 115% is the right idea but I do find it frustrating at times.


    Thank you for your time and discussion, I'm not sure I have much more to add.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783280#Comment_2783280

    I don't think chasing normally is as weak as you're putting across personally but that's neither here nor there

    Like I said in a previous post, I don't think neutering his 115% is the right idea but I do find it frustrating at times.

    Thank you for your time and discussion, I'm not sure I have much more to add.

    You as well. I think personally, only Alchemist Ring and the revival of the lag flick exploit are his current issues. People unfortunately found a new way to lag flick after the old method was patched.

  • Skill issue. Watch some good blights to learn how to use his power at almost all tiles.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783294#Comment_2783294

    You as well. I think personally, only Alchemist Ring and the revival of the lag flick exploit are his current issues. People unfortunately found a new way to lag flick after the old method was patched.

    Yeah I'm in complete agreeance with you there

    The people who use stuff like lag flicks give Blight players/mains a bad name. It sucks

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783241#Comment_2783241

    Skill issue. Watch some good blights to learn how to use his power at almost all tiles.

    There are some tiles that do not function well with his power, and bump logic depends on having usable things around you. His power is not well-applicable on every single part of the map for that reason, and it is disingenuous and intellectually dishonest to pin that as a "skill issue". He can use his power on the majority of tiles on a given map. That is not all of them for any map and any generation possible.

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    Yeah I am pretty sick to death of seeing Blights too, I don't even see Nurse very often any more either. Just Blight... over and over

    Got another 4 today and one pig doing the tome challenges.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783212#Comment_2783212

    People aren't playing nurse as much atm because when they re-did the code to make her smoother and have less bugs - there's still a couple of issues that need to be ironed out, mainly surrounding the 2nd blink bug which I imagine will be fixed in a hotfix. Potentially tomorrow

    On the topic of Blight, can I just pose a question to my fellow thread goers

    Is Blight really as hard to play as everyone says he is?

    Because from my experience playing him as well as seeing other people play him, he doesn't seem that hard at all. His power's hurtbox feels extremely generous and couple that with movement speed addons, a survivors time to react is severely hindered

    Also the issue of perk variety - As much as facing a good nurse is frustrating at least Nurse players don't all run the same 4/5 perks. Many do, but you'll also see Nurses running off-meta, fun or otherwise perks as well.

    May I ask to see some of your blight gameplay?

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783280#Comment_2783280

    I don't think chasing normally is as weak as you're putting across personally but that's neither here nor there

    Like I said in a previous post, I don't think neutering his 115% is the right idea but I do find it frustrating at times.

    Thank you for your time and discussion, I'm not sure I have much more to add.

    It IS weak, if anything it's not even "chasing" in most situation... it's just using time to break palettes.

    Like just a palette with 2 rocks are pretty much impossible to hit survivors unless they are potato, power can fix it but power of the blight is also weakest against it, if anything it's worse than m1 depends on situation.

    @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783247#Comment_2783247

    My point isn't that it's uncounterable. Wasn't insinuating that

    My overall point is that Blight and Nurse are not as similar as you said.

    Blight has a strong power with a lot of utility, room for error/correction as well as all the little techs and such. There's also frustrations facing Blight because his base power is strong so when you throw in addons that completely throw off how to play against it (movement speed addons for example), it's frustrating and hard to react to.

    He can also just chase normally, he has all the benefits of an extremely strong power AND all the benefits of being a 115% movement speed killer with no downsides

    Meanwhile, Nurse has a power that she relies on 90% of the time, has little room for error most of the time and when you go against it - it's consistant. She doesn't have addons that make her move faster in Blink or appear faster (not anymore at least). She also cannot chase normally except under extremely niche or rare circumstances.

    In short, skill ceiling wise you could argue similarities but in terms of how they work and what it takes to learn them - I think they are quite far apart.

    Blight's power without using it for mindgame is pretty much just a movement ability, which won't be "strong power" at all.

    And he doesn't have "room for error" most of times, just a missed rush and you are far far away against usual survivors.

    His addon doesn't really change what he can do and what you can do against it most of the time, even the alchemist ring doesn't change that.

    So no, they are pretty similar, because "If you are better than him, you will win and if he is better than you, he will win".

    Forcing him to "chase normally" is pretty much guaranteed win as no good survivor will struggle in chasing against powerless M1 killer.

    Oh and nurse HAS addons that makes she move faster in blink AND appear faster (because both is pretty much same thing), and she doesn't need to chase normally simply because her power is balanced around it (unlike blight, which is clearly balanced with 4.6m speed).

  • @Zozzy said:

    Please, for the love of god buff the other killers! So sick of going against Blight because everything else is so weak :(

    It doesn't help that they all run the same build with alch and crow addon..

    I'm not saying nerf him ( do fix the exploits though) but to stop nerfing everyone else. There have been no twins, myers wraith, Trapper, Trickster, freddy, legion, demo, Ghost face, spirit or Trickster.

    One doctor 4 clowns 2 bubbas (basement.. yay.), 2 hags 1 plague, 2 pigs, 1 oni, 4 Nemesis a bunch of Huntress and at least one of the rest.. But blight is by far the most common, showing up roughly every second or third game, if not back to back.

    He is getting boring just because he is so common and they usually run the same build. It is made even more frustrating when your team mates are so sick of him that they DC the moment they hear the rush or just go afk.

    I know i am typing words at a brick wall and they will probably nerf Pig, slinger and Twins again next chapter, But i just need to vent at the void that caused this

    I am actually starting to feel sorry for survivor mains if this is the norm and the killers i play are the relief between the blight madness.

    I wish i was getting the games you're getting.. lollllllllllllll

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/308070/blight-blight-blight-and-another-blight

    I wish i was getting the games you're getting.. lollllllllllllll

    You like blight?

  • i love blight but i do wish there was more killer variety. maybe the legion and ghostface changes will affect that?

    please?

  • @AnneBonny said:

    i love blight but i do wish there was more killer variety. maybe the legion and ghostface changes will affect that?

    please?

    I doubt it, how can BHVR make a good killer that can compete against high MMR survivors.

  • Unfortunately video evidence won't change how playing a character subjectively feels to me, that is why I posted the question in the first place to get the opinions of other people. Maybe I feel like Blight is easy, for one reason or another.

    There's nothing stopping me from just playing Blight over and over with the strongest stuff until I 4k decisively and then posting that as some epic rebuttal to your post but that's silly and has nothing to do with what I asked

    Do you think Blight is easy to play and not as hard as people say? Please, give me your thoughts if you have the time of course.


    @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783294#Comment_2783294

    It IS weak, if anything it's not even "chasing" in most situation... it's just using time to break palettes.

    Like just a palette with 2 rocks are pretty much impossible to hit survivors unless they are potato, power can fix it but power of the blight is also weakest against it, if anything it's worse than m1 depends on situation.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783260#Comment_2783260

    Blight's power without using it for mindgame is pretty much just a movement ability, which won't be "strong power" at all.

    And he doesn't have "room for error" most of times, just a missed rush and you are far far away against usual survivors.

    His addon doesn't really change what he can do and what you can do against it most of the time, even the alchemist ring doesn't change that.

    So no, they are pretty similar, because "If you are better than him, you will win and if he is better than you, he will win".

    Forcing him to "chase normally" is pretty much guaranteed win as no good survivor will struggle in chasing against powerless M1 killer.

    Oh and nurse HAS addons that makes she move faster in blink AND appear faster (because both is pretty much same thing), and she doesn't need to chase normally simply because her power is balanced around it (unlike blight, which is clearly balanced with 4.6m speed).

    A movement ability that you can land hits with very consistantly. Blight has room for error and correction because he has multiple tokens; he can continually bounce on surfaces and wait for survivors to move or if he misses, he can correct that with the use of only one token. Nurse has only 2 blinks which makes the room for error much shorter compared to Blight

    As for your comment about the Addons, which ones are you referring to then? Because as far as I know those addons were all removed when she got 'reworked' to have a blink token system.

    The purple distance addon? Is that the one that supposedly allows her to move faster/appear faster and such?

  • @El_Gingero said:

    Yeah it’s a shame more killers aren’t being buffed up to a similar level but I don’t think the devs want too many killers to be “top tier” for some reason. You’d think we could at least have more than 3 or 4 tho.

    So they don't want viability and instead make their game more of a boring slog than it is?

    Then first of all why buy anymore dlc if they aren't worth a ######### same with alot of chapters due to the devs balance most chapters now are overpriced perk sets.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/308070/blight-blight-blight-and-another-blight

    Exactly. People complain about killers so much (and sometimes not). You're left with 1-3 viable killers.

    It's what folks deserve.

    Welp that's what you get when the pallette swaps get jealous they can't do anything but push a button now.

    Viability starts to wane and eventually its just going to be nurse and blight matches.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784042#Comment_2784042

    Unfortunately video evidence won't change how playing a character subjectively feels to me, that is why I posted the question in the first place to get the opinions of other people. Maybe I feel like Blight is easy, for one reason or another.

    There's nothing stopping me from just playing Blight over and over with the strongest stuff until I 4k decisively and then posting that as some epic rebuttal to your post but that's silly and has nothing to do with what I asked

    Do you think Blight is easy to play and not as hard as people say? Please, give me your thoughts if you have the time of course.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784051#Comment_2784051

    A movement ability that you can land hits with very consistantly. Blight has room for error and correction because he has multiple tokens; he can continually bounce on surfaces and wait for survivors to move or if he misses, he can correct that with the use of only one token. Nurse has only 2 blinks which makes the room for error much shorter compared to Blight

    As for your comment about the Addons, which ones are you referring to then? Because as far as I know those addons were all removed when she got 'reworked' to have a blink token system.

    The purple distance addon? Is that the one that supposedly allows her to move faster/appear faster and such?

    I think blight is more like nurse, not in the difficulty category but in how you'd learn it.

    Let's use a fighting game to describe it, you can know your opponent is about to grab you but if you don't know the proper way to respond on your reaction then you'll get stomped.

    I think blights the same way, sure you can know what to do when and then the issue of execution comes in. Along with that, sometimes a survivor just does something you didn't even consider and it messes up the chain.


    I believe he's hard to master, as in Learn every tech and way to play each tile. To start off he's not nearly as bad as nurse but with 2 people trying to perfect it blight has more to master imo.

    Tldr: blight is easy to start and do ok with. However trying to get him down and really doing the more advanced things is what makes him hard.

  • @xRam40I9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784118#Comment_2784118

    I think blight is more like nurse, not in the difficulty category but in how you'd learn it.

    Let's use a fighting game to describe it, you can know your opponent is about to grab you but if you don't know the proper way to respond on your reaction then you'll get stomped.

    I think blights the same way, sure you can know what to do when and then the issue of execution comes in. Along with that, sometimes a survivor just does something you didn't even consider and it messes up the chain.

    I believe he's hard to master, as in Learn every tech and way to play each tile. To start off he's not nearly as bad as nurse but with 2 people trying to perfect it blight has more to master imo.

    Tldr: blight is easy to start and do ok with. However trying to get him down and really doing the more advanced things is what makes him hard.

    That's a reasonable way of explaining it, you made some solid points. I'd like to say, thank you for your time


    I think the fighting game comparison is a bit shaky but the overall logic behind it makes sense. There's def a lot to learn with Blight I'm not disagreeing there - it is a game of reactions, that's why I have a bit of a gripe with his movement speed addons as that reduces the window to make reactions, if that makes sense?

    I sometimes think people overstate how hard he is to play, you said yourself he's easy to start and do okay with and maybe that's enough for a lot of people? Would a lot of Blight players still do well if they played perkless and had to rely purely on their knowledge and strength with the killers power? I'm not sure, I know I would struggle for sure.

    I can't say it felt necessary for myself to learn the techs and such to do well with him, I just played him 'normally' which I think using Blight terminology is just bump logic right?

    A lot of the techs are stuff were often said to be mainly about showing off or just for fun, not intergral to playing Blight well.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784042#Comment_2784042

    Unfortunately video evidence won't change how playing a character subjectively feels to me, that is why I posted the question in the first place to get the opinions of other people. Maybe I feel like Blight is easy, for one reason or another.

    There's nothing stopping me from just playing Blight over and over with the strongest stuff until I 4k decisively and then posting that as some epic rebuttal to your post but that's silly and has nothing to do with what I asked

    Do you think Blight is easy to play and not as hard as people say? Please, give me your thoughts if you have the time of course.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784051#Comment_2784051

    A movement ability that you can land hits with very consistantly. Blight has room for error and correction because he has multiple tokens; he can continually bounce on surfaces and wait for survivors to move or if he misses, he can correct that with the use of only one token. Nurse has only 2 blinks which makes the room for error much shorter compared to Blight

    As for your comment about the Addons, which ones are you referring to then? Because as far as I know those addons were all removed when she got 'reworked' to have a blink token system.

    The purple distance addon? Is that the one that supposedly allows her to move faster/appear faster and such?

    I play both blight and nurse decent times and I'm 80% sure blight has much less room for errors than nurse tbh.

    When you miss rush with blight, you will slide, miss objects, and get extremely farther away than survivors, even if you stop it with m1, you will suffer from not so fast stun animation.

    When you miss a blink with nurse, just wait for a token to recharge and blink once or twice to get close, finish it up with double blink... did you just said nurse correcting her mistake with second blink? that's not how she works in 99% of situation.

    You know while killers are moving survivors can move anywhere too? that's the reason why blight has 4.6 speed, since his M2 can be still countered by wall, palettes and windows just like normal killer, he just doesn't work without 4.6.

    And yes, I meant the range addon, what it does on paper is one thing, but what it actually does is not, it effectively will increase blink speed, which means much more range to get guaranteed hit survivors can't dodge, and another thing is making her token much more potent, so she can traverse MUCH longer in same timeframe.

    basically, since she uses her blink for pretty much all of the movement, increased range is pretty much equivalent to increased speed... of whopping 30%! (I heard her default blink is equivalent to 4.6 killer btw)

    Oh also if you think lethal rush can get hit consistently, you probably don't know much about him (or god tier blight who hits lethal 80% of times), maybe try playing him for once or something?

1 2 3