Blight, blight, blight and another blight.

Please, for the love of god buff the other killers! So sick of going against Blight because everything else is so weak :(

It doesn't help that they all run the same build with alch and crow addon..

I'm not saying nerf him ( do fix the exploits though) but to stop nerfing everyone else. There have been no twins, myers wraith, Trapper, Trickster, freddy, legion, demo, Ghost face, spirit or Trickster.

One doctor 4 clowns 2 bubbas (basement.. yay.), 2 hags 1 plague, 2 pigs, 1 oni, 4 Nemesis a bunch of Huntress and at least one of the rest.. But blight is by far the most common, showing up roughly every second or third game, if not back to back.

He is getting boring just because he is so common and they usually run the same build. It is made even more frustrating when your team mates are so sick of him that they DC the moment they hear the rush or just go afk.

I know i am typing words at a brick wall and they will probably nerf Pig, slinger and Twins again next chapter, But i just need to vent at the void that caused this

I am actually starting to feel sorry for survivor mains if this is the norm and the killers i play are the relief between the blight madness.

Comments

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784118#Comment_2784118

    I play both blight and nurse decent times and I'm 80% sure blight has much less room for errors than nurse tbh.

    When you miss rush with blight, you will slide, miss objects, and get extremely farther away than survivors, even if you stop it with m1, you will suffer from not so fast stun animation.

    When you miss a blink with nurse, just wait for a token to recharge and blink once or twice to get close, finish it up with double blink... did you just said nurse correcting her mistake with second blink? that's not how she works in 99% of situation.

    You know while killers are moving survivors can move anywhere too? that's the reason why blight has 4.6 speed, since his M2 can be still countered by wall, palettes and windows just like normal killer, he just doesn't work without 4.6.

    And yes, I meant the range addon, what it does on paper is one thing, but what it actually does is not, it effectively will increase blink speed, which means much more range to get guaranteed hit survivors can't dodge, and another thing is making her token much more potent, so she can traverse MUCH longer in same timeframe.

    basically, since she uses her blink for pretty much all of the movement, increased range is pretty much equivalent to increased speed... of whopping 30%! (I heard her default blink is equivalent to 4.6 killer btw)

    Oh also if you think lethal rush can get hit consistently, you probably don't know much about him (or god tier blight who hits lethal 80% of times), maybe try playing him for once or something?

    I mean I said I played Blight and don't find lethal rushes super hard to hit, what more do you want? It's my personal experience playing the killer.

    Once you understand that Blight's swing hitbox doesn't really collide with objects (meaning you can swing at nothing and still get hits) then it's not rocket science

    I don't appreciate having my opinion disregarded with the notion that I haven't played him when I was a Blight main at one point in time, it makes no sense to me how you can say Blight can't get rush hits consistantly when... Yes he can? That's why he's so strong?

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784283#Comment_2784283

    I mean I said I played Blight and don't find lethal rushes super hard to hit, what more do you want? It's my personal experience playing the killer.

    Once you understand that Blight's swing hitbox doesn't really collide with objects (meaning you can swing at nothing and still get hits) then it's not rocket science

    I don't appreciate having my opinion disregarded with the notion that I haven't played him when I was a Blight main at one point in time, it makes no sense to me how you can say Blight can't get rush hits consistantly when... Yes he can? That's why he's so strong?

    It's not super hard to hit, it's just more or less gamble in pretty much all situation.

    survivors moving sideway is already strong enough especially for console blights, there is a place you can almost guaranteed to hit survivors like long corridors, but most maps doesn't have it.

    In open field, it's still a mindgame as you can't know when or how survivors gonna 360.

    In jungle, your only way is bouncing around or sliding in, it's mostly mindgame and can be negated by survivors playing calmly.

    I won't call mindgame as "consistent" because, it's not like you can hit survivors eventually no matter what?

    Well there is many potato survivors who don't even TRY to dodge his attack at all though... like just walking straight and not even look back.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784283#Comment_2784283

    I mean I said I played Blight and don't find lethal rushes super hard to hit, what more do you want? It's my personal experience playing the killer.

    Once you understand that Blight's swing hitbox doesn't really collide with objects (meaning you can swing at nothing and still get hits) then it's not rocket science

    I don't appreciate having my opinion disregarded with the notion that I haven't played him when I was a Blight main at one point in time, it makes no sense to me how you can say Blight can't get rush hits consistantly when... Yes he can? That's why he's so strong?

    To be fair, he thinks you are a God at Blight. That is a compliment, just take the appreciation my little fractured Tsundere.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781936#Comment_2781936

    So they don't want viability and instead make their game more of a boring slog than it is?

    Then first of all why buy anymore dlc if they aren't worth a ######### same with alot of chapters due to the devs balance most chapters now are overpriced perk sets.

    Yeah I don’t get it either. They have some very peculiar design philosophies.

  • @El_Gingero said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784243#Comment_2784243

    Yeah I don’t get it either. They have some very peculiar design philosophies.

    They bandaided the game using perks to the point some people can try and predict that atleast one new killer perk now will be a countermeasure for when they ######### up.

  • Played a bit of dbd with my friends yesterday and the first thing I said once we got into queue was: "I have such Blights to show you." It was fitting but we didn't play against any Blights.

  • @Science_Guy said:

    Killers aren't using Blight with his busted addons and "techs" because other killers are too weak, they're playing Blight because he has busted addons and cheesy exploits. I know this forum be quite defensive when it comes to Blight, but buffing any other killer isn't going to change the actual reason Blight is so obnoxiously common.

    but they are too weak though

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784266#Comment_2784266

    That's a reasonable way of explaining it, you made some solid points. I'd like to say, thank you for your time

    I think the fighting game comparison is a bit shaky but the overall logic behind it makes sense. There's def a lot to learn with Blight I'm not disagreeing there - it is a game of reactions, that's why I have a bit of a gripe with his movement speed addons as that reduces the window to make reactions, if that makes sense?

    I sometimes think people overstate how hard he is to play, you said yourself he's easy to start and do okay with and maybe that's enough for a lot of people? Would a lot of Blight players still do well if they played perkless and had to rely purely on their knowledge and strength with the killers power? I'm not sure, I know I would struggle for sure.

    I can't say it felt necessary for myself to learn the techs and such to do well with him, I just played him 'normally' which I think using Blight terminology is just bump logic right?

    A lot of the techs are stuff were often said to be mainly about showing off or just for fun, not intergral to playing Blight well.

    Hug tech is pretty strong Honestly, I think blight with gen regression is really strong because it feels like some of it was almost made for him. Pop? Zoom to the gen. Scourge pain? See scream? Zoom to gen and etc etc.

  • It is painful that there is thread on the main page demanding Trickster be nerfed... The killer with the second lowest kills is op to some people.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2785070#Comment_2785070

    It is painful that there is thread on the main page demanding Trickster be nerfed... The killer with the second lowest kills is op to some people.

    when I play against tricksters and they have rough games I tend to feel so bad.

  • You forgot Legion, they will most likey nerf them and make that the FF heals survivors!

  • I thought it was just me but I took a 3 months break and just came back for the event. So far 50% of my matches are against a Blight, seriously every other game is Blight. Not only that but because I play a survivor in the AM in CST US I am not getting good MMR matches at all.

    I'm up against super sweaty ultra-skilled blights and I am nowhere near that level. Combine those two items and it has not been an enjoyable return.

  • I don't mind blight personally. I enjoy survivor games against him.

    I suck at playing him though.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2785100#Comment_2785100

    I mean of course. People tend to mistake "their fun" To determine how strong a killer is. And that tends to be any killer they can't bully and reliably escape against.

    Trickster isn't OP I totally agree but whooo boy is he unfun to play against IMO. I think people need to realize that nerfing killers and simply not enjoying playing against them are two different things.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782574#Comment_2782574

    We need more alternatives to the top mmr killers. With lots of buffs to underperforming/underpicked killers.

    With 26 killers in the roster, only having like 3 for the top mmr is kinda... meh

    The problem is that you have people on this forum claiming killers like wraith and pinhead to be OP. Since BHVR pretty much listens to the worst players around, I wouldn’t expect buffs to low tiers any time soon.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782595#Comment_2782595

    The problem is that you have people on this forum claiming killers like wraith and pinhead to be OP. Since BHVR pretty much listens to the worst players around, I wouldn’t expect buffs to low tiers any time soon.

    Then the meta will continue to stay stale.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784871#Comment_2784871

    They bandaided the game using perks to the point some people can try and predict that atleast one new killer perk now will be a countermeasure for when they ######### up.

    Yeah it seems as though they try to balance the game in general via perks which causes all manner of issues imho.

  • Y'all are missing the point here.

    Today is Blight, tomorrow could be a different killer. The problem OP is talking about is the lack of variety on the higher levels of play.

    Such problem has always been around, but it used to be slightly better. Nurse, Billy, Spirit, Huntress were common on red ranks back in the day because they provided the level of power needed to deal with certain Survivors.

    If this number has been reduced to one, and a particularly annoying killer like Blight, then it shows that the problem is still there.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Y'all are missing the point here.

    Today is Blight, tomorrow could be a different killer. The problem OP is talking about is the lack of variety on the higher levels of play.

    Such problem has always been around, but it used to be slightly better. Nurse, Billy, Spirit, Huntress were common on red ranks back in the day because they provided the level of power needed to deal with certain Survivors.

    If this number has been reduced to one, and a particularly annoying killer like Blight, then it shows that the problem is still there.

    Lack of variety isn’t inherently a bad thing in of itself. But the way to boost diversity is to make other killers better at that level. Also, “annoying” is a subjective standard that’s irrelevant to balance.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/308070/blight-blight-blight-and-another-blight

    Exactly. People complain about killers so much (and sometimes not). You're left with 1-3 viable killers.

    It's what folks deserve.

    Are there 1, 2 or 3 viable killers?

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2785302#Comment_2785302

    Lack of variety isn’t inherently a bad thing in of itself. But the way to boost diversity is to make other killers better at that level. Also, “annoying” is a subjective standard that’s irrelevant to balance.

    Lack of variety is an awful thing, matey.

    There is no fun in seeing the EXACT same killer over and over again, sometimes with the same builds, I might add.

    It is repetitive and boring. There is a reason why the lack of variety is often complained about.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2785311#Comment_2785311

    Lack of variety is an awful thing, matey.

    There is no fun in seeing the EXACT same killer over and over again, sometimes with the same builds, I might add.

    It is repetitive and boring. There is a reason why the lack of variety is often complained about.

    Repetitive? Sure. Boring? That’s subjective and not everyone would agree.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2785325#Comment_2785325

    Repetitive? Sure. Boring? That’s subjective and not everyone would agree.

    Most people would. Most people do.

    Then perhaps you were not around to see such complaints, but I can safely say to you that such thing is an actual issue that needs to go.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2785378#Comment_2785378

    Most people would. Most people do.

    Then perhaps you were not around to see such complaints, but I can safely say to you that such thing is an actual issue that needs to go.

    Subjective standards are irrelevant to balance. I agree that there is a lack of diversity, and I would support other killers being made stronger to change that up.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2785387#Comment_2785387

    Subjective standards are irrelevant to balance. I agree that there is a lack of diversity, and I would support other killers being made stronger to change that up.

    Then why are we discussing this matter?

  • I was just disagreeing on one of the nuances you made. I think it should be changed for increasing diversity, not out of some subjective arbitrary standard like “unfun”/“annoying”/etc which shouldn’t be used for balance because balancing around arbitrary standards never works because it’s not something people can all agree on.

  • Id say there (being generous) 4 viable killers blight, nurse, huntress and spirit. All but one of these killers are obnoxiously difficult to pick up. Blight is just an easier to play killer of the 4 mentioned. Spirit, huntress and nurse are heavilly punished for misusing there powers and the complexity of there power keeps a large number of the player base from playing them.

    Wraith was a nice powerful but accessible killer but last few changes have hurt him even though i still wouldnt class him as top tier when he was stronger. Freddy was similar. The fact of the matter is killer dosent have an accesisble powerful killer. So blight being the easier to learn is now everyones go to. I suspect we will be seeing some heavy nerfs that will likely push players away from playing him. No they wont be add on nerfs they will be basekit nerfs because behaviour will always overdo it. See billy and deathslinger as example of this.

  • Since every survivors have same basekit and can't really do something fun themselves, their gameplay variance is extremely dependent on killers... so, playing against same killers can get boring and I do understand it.

    Buffing other killers are the way, I'm pretty sure those kind of people don't want to win, but want to play in variety.

1 2 3 ›