Devs, you broke Otz's heart 💔😡

Watch Otz's last livestream from 1h 1m 35 seconds:

https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva/v/1252872920?sr=a


All this effort from such an appreciated influencer of Dbd to improve the game, and little feedback from the devs on the important things that matter in "the real world" (of Dbd), as always.

The Twins changes (and the Twins themselves because of how Frustrating it is to play them because of all their issues) just show how detached from the reality of Dbd the devs are, or that they're purposely ignoring the frustration and the feedback.

I don't wanna list in this post all the bad and frustrating things Dbd has, just the massive hacker epidemic and circle of healing are enough, but I will say this:

We already lost some streamers during time, we'll lose Dowsey and others forever MAYBE when VHS open beta and the full game comes out, and we'll lose Scott Jund maybe( he said he will just focus on it and nothing else, maybe he could get pissed by Dbd and leave it forever) ,and Tru3ta1ent DEFINITELY (he said it himself) when Elden Ring will come out. And many little others like Marth, Space Coconut.

I don't wanna lose even Otz forever, pls devs, do something!

Save Dbd, and don't let so many streamers leave, because it's very possible that Otz could leave Dbd for Elden Ring, even if he doesn't say it.

Comments

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732114#Comment_2732114

    Elden Ring looks good I guess? Totally different genre though. Looks to me like Neverwinter with better graphics basically. I have basically no interest in it. 🤷‍♂️

    If you never played any dark souls i dont think the game will be for you. If you want to get an idea how good the game is try dark souls 3 gameplay wise it feel the same.

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732128#Comment_2732128

    Ehm no because Elden Ring will be such a massive and constantly updated open world game that views maybe will be almost the same.

    Actually the views will be more. More people are anticipating Elden Ring than pretty much anything else set to release this year.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732114#Comment_2732114

    Elden Ring looks good I guess? Totally different genre though. Looks to me like Neverwinter with better graphics basically. I have basically no interest in it. 🤷‍♂️

    Its Dark Souls but open world. Don't worry, theres gonna be tons of people streaming it regardless of their normal genre, and plenty of clips floating around of your favorite streamers dying. Hype will last for about ~~~ 3 weeks to a month. People...er....streamers who want to 100% the game will keep going, others will either go back or hop on the next trend. Its how it goes.

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732139#Comment_2732139

    Actually the views will be more. More people are anticipating Elden Ring than pretty much anything else set to release this year.

    It reminds me of Cyberpunk. It was the most anticipated game but...

    That being said, I like to play several games in the same time as many other people. I never played a game like Elden Ring. I hope it'll be a great one. I'll be watching streamers to see how it is, if it fits my expectations.

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    Watch the livestream from 1h 1m 35 seconds:

    https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva/v/1252872920?sr=a&t=3696s

    All this effort from such an appreciated influencer of Dbd to improve the game, and little feedback from the devs on the important things that matter in "the real world" (of Dbd), as always.

    The Twins changes (and the Twins themselves because of how Frustrating it is to play them because of all their issues) just show how detached from the reality of Dbd the devs are, or that they're purposely ignoring the frustration and the feedback.

    I don't wanna list in this post all the bad and frustrating things Dbd has, just the massive hacker epidemic and circle of healing are enough, but I will say this:

    We already lost some streamers during time, we'll lose Dowsey and others forever MAYBE when VHS open beta and the full game comes out, and we'll lose Scott Jund maybe( he said he will just focus on it and nothing else, maybe he could get pissed by Dbd and leave it forever) ,and Tru3ta1ent DEFINITELY (he said it himself) when Elden Ring will come out. And many little others like Marth, Space Coconut.

    I don't wanna lose even Otz forever, pls devs, do something!

    Save Dbd, and don't let so many streamers leave, because it's very possible that Otz could leave Dbd for Elden Ring, even if he doesn't say it.

    scott jund isn't leaving DBD for VHS, he's taking a hiatus from DBD when Elden Ring comes out

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732221#Comment_2732221

    Oh, so the game being a bully simulator finally caught up to the big streamers?

    Yup.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732215#Comment_2732215

    Propnight looks like the less mature version of DBD.

    VHS hasn't even established itself as a "game" yet, so I doubt it will have as big of an impact. Not to mention that most people on here seem to not be ok with "bully" simulators which is what that game seems to cater to because you create weapons to go gang up on the killer and kill them.

    Not to mention some of us will be playing some of those games AND DBD because they are vastly different.

    They're direct upgrades to DBD and there's nothing mature about DBD.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732080#Comment_2732080

    why do you people always come up with smug rhetorical questions like this?

    As much as I love Otz, I have to admit that post is pretty hilarious and fitting given the circumstances.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303316/devs-you-broke-otzs-heart

    for the record Otz tru3 and I are absolutely dropping DBD for Elden Ring. I doubt permanently though.

    Who cares about another objectively ######### souls game?

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732187#Comment_2732187

    Otz literally still does challenge runs in Dark Souls games and practiced an absurd amount of time for Dark Souls II no-hit runs. It also has PVP which will keep people like tru3 and I occupied for a long time. But like I said, probably not permanent and no one is pretending everyone is permanently leaving.

    see you in a week (after release…you know…)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732080#Comment_2732080

    why do you people always come up with smug rhetorical questions like this?

    Because otz being better then them makes them insecure or something idk.

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    Watch the livestream from 1h 1m 35 seconds:

    https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva/v/1252872920?sr=a&t=3696s

    All this effort from such an appreciated influencer of Dbd to improve the game, and little feedback from the devs on the important things that matter in "the real world" (of Dbd), as always.

    The Twins changes (and the Twins themselves because of how Frustrating it is to play them because of all their issues) just show how detached from the reality of Dbd the devs are, or that they're purposely ignoring the frustration and the feedback.

    I don't wanna list in this post all the bad and frustrating things Dbd has, just the massive hacker epidemic and circle of healing are enough, but I will say this:

    We already lost some streamers during time, we'll lose Dowsey and others forever MAYBE when VHS open beta and the full game comes out, and we'll lose Scott Jund maybe( he said he will just focus on it and nothing else, maybe he could get pissed by Dbd and leave it forever) ,and Tru3ta1ent DEFINITELY (he said it himself) when Elden Ring will come out. And many little others like Marth, Space Coconut.

    I don't wanna lose even Otz forever, pls devs, do something!

    Save Dbd, and don't let so many streamers leave, because it's very possible that Otz could leave Dbd for Elden Ring, even if he doesn't say it.

    Its honestly really sad to see otz so defeated, I don't always agree with otz on everything but I recognize that he has way more experience with the game and comes at his arguments and points far more positively then almost any other content creator.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732174#Comment_2732174

    well tru3 believes that DBD will be dead in a year. He plans to quit DBD in 1 year if killer does not improve.

    He also said he was done playing killer, but 5 days later he already played it again. Take everything he says with a pinch of salt

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732230#Comment_2732230

    They're direct upgrades to DBD and there's nothing mature about DBD.

    You call propnight an upgrade? Please...ive played it 4 hours and thats enough for me to say that game should still be on early access status. Its buggy mess with a lot of hackers and there is nothing to work towards to. Toxic kiddos eating their mics and spamming fart button.

    Anyways. Why is it such a big deal when a streamer who normally plays DBD takes a small break to play something else. Why cant they be variety streamer as well. Everyone needs a small break from a game they play sometimes so if Otz wants to play something else for few weeks let him. DBD wont die because of a new game, but its awesome that theres more games for everyone to play right.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303316/devs-you-broke-otzs-heart

    for the record Otz tru3 and I are absolutely dropping DBD for Elden Ring. I doubt permanently though.

    I think a lot of people would lmao. Elden ring is the Hypest thing to happen to a Souls fan. Maybe like few months off DBD if PvP is good lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732562#Comment_2732562

    i mean i played dks3 pvp for like 1-2 years so if elden ring pvp holds up i could foresee myself never coming back to dbd personally. i barely play dbd as it is now.

    Well I'm not huge on PvP and even I got bored after a few months of the same thing on dks3 pvp. Probably the best thing to happen to invasion in that game is when people figure out you could invade inside boss arena. That was the best time for me and it was short lived probably got patched like a week after it started circulating lol.

    But yeah just talking about the people not huge on PvP would probably stay on the game for a few months if they really love the game. Maybe Otz and Scott would stay for a long time though. But I doubt they'd completely drop DBD.

  • dude if i come back to dbd in a week it would mean Elden Ring is such a disappointment that i would spiral into depression and stop streaming. pls no.

  • These are probably the most important three content creators. For them all to leave at the same time is a huge deal. Even if they say it is temporary, if they get close to the same amount of popularity then there is no reason for them to return.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303316/devs-you-broke-otzs-heart

    for the record Otz tru3 and I are absolutely dropping DBD for Elden Ring. I doubt permanently though.

    Same here, I'm at a point where DBD exists only to keep me entertained until Feb 25th. Hope I see you guys on the Lands Between.

  • So he finally stopped being delusional thinking the devs actually give a ######### about his hours long videos.

  • What did you expect? the devs look at numbers and nothing else.

    They saw that twins and nemesis use these two addons in 99.99% of their builds (because they are the only ones that do anything) and just assume they must be op and nerfed for "diversity".

    You need to actually play your game or hire someone that does, to understand it beyond the numbers and these developers clearly don't.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303316/devs-you-broke-otzs-heart

    for the record Otz tru3 and I are absolutely dropping DBD for Elden Ring. I doubt permanently though.

    Why Elden Ring, out of curiosity? I admittedly know little about the game, so it seems curious that multiple streamers are dropping (temporary or otherwise) DbD for the same game from a different genre altogether.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732187#Comment_2732187

    Otz literally still does challenge runs in Dark Souls games and practiced an absurd amount of time for Dark Souls II no-hit runs. It also has PVP which will keep people like tru3 and I occupied for a long time. But like I said, probably not permanent and no one is pretending everyone is permanently leaving.

    I'm certainly interested in the PVP aspect of it.. I had no idea until I just started reading this thread lol.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732101#Comment_2732101

    Why Elden Ring, out of curiosity? I admittedly know little about the game, so it seems curious that multiple streamers are dropping (temporary or otherwise) DbD for the same game from a different genre altogether.

    Because it is a From Software-Game. I will also play a lot of Elden Ring when it is released. Games from From Software are usually challenging and interesting. They are not as hard as people sometimes claim they are, but challenging enough to spend hundreds of hours playing them.

    Games like Dark Souls also are games which are worth to replay, since you can try out different builds and the challenge is still there, even if you have completed the game multiple times.

    Players expecting that Elden Ring will be a good game because so far, From Software did not really disappoint since Demons Souls.

    (In general, if you have never played Dark Souls, Bloodborne (if you own a PS4) or Demons Souls (if you own a PS3 or PS5 for the Remake), give it a go)

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    Watch the livestream from 1h 1m 35 seconds:

    https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva/v/1252872920?sr=a&t=3696s

    All this effort from such an appreciated influencer of Dbd to improve the game, and little feedback from the devs on the important things that matter in "the real world" (of Dbd), as always.

    The Twins changes (and the Twins themselves because of how Frustrating it is to play them because of all their issues) just show how detached from the reality of Dbd the devs are, or that they're purposely ignoring the frustration and the feedback.

    I don't wanna list in this post all the bad and frustrating things Dbd has, just the massive hacker epidemic and circle of healing are enough, but I will say this:

    We already lost some streamers during time, we'll lose Dowsey and others forever MAYBE when VHS open beta and the full game comes out, and we'll lose Scott Jund maybe( he said he will just focus on it and nothing else, maybe he could get pissed by Dbd and leave it forever) ,and Tru3ta1ent DEFINITELY (he said it himself) when Elden Ring will come out. And many little others like Marth, Space Coconut.

    I don't wanna lose even Otz forever, pls devs, do something!

    Save Dbd, and don't let so many streamers leave, because it's very possible that Otz could leave Dbd for Elden Ring, even if he doesn't say it.

    There are so many freaking posts about this discussion... You see im really sorry to tell you but they don't care about this stuff😔

  • None of the big steamers is permanently gonna leave DBD as long as their viewers want to watch them play the game. They try another game, see their viewers drop and they will be back to DBD cause thats where their money comes from.

    So they either end up like Edgar or FunGoose. Edgar is still steaming DBD cause he has to since as soon as he tries to play another game his viewers drop from ~600 to less than 200. Meanwhile FunGoose went from ~1k viewers to about 30 cause he really stopped playing DBD and went to stream a game that already has a ######### ton of popular streamers.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732755#Comment_2732755

    Because it is a From Software-Game. I will also play a lot of Elden Ring when it is released. Games from From Software are usually challenging and interesting. They are not as hard as people sometimes claim they are, but challenging enough to spend hundreds of hours playing them.

    Games like Dark Souls also are games which are worth to replay, since you can try out different builds and the challenge is still there, even if you have completed the game multiple times.

    Players expecting that Elden Ring will be a good game because so far, From Software did not really disappoint since Demons Souls.

    Fair enough. I just mostly wondering if it was something specific about that game that was doing this or if people were moving to that game because they were generally hyped for it.

  • DbD balance definition : " everything in the game must be 50%, thanks stats."

  • @Impartiality said:

    Hopefully Tru3 does quit. He is easily one of the worst things for this game and is a huge factor in why the killer v survivor hate is such a huge thing

    Tru(3). I can´t understand how ppl can watch Streamers who are complaining every day for the whole stream how unbalanced and unfun this game is.

  • @ReviloDBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732190#Comment_2732190

    I'm certainly interested in the PVP aspect of it.. I had no idea until I just started reading this thread lol.

    When the pvp is as shallow and boring like it was in Dark Souls 3, people will drop the pvp part really quick.

    I just hope there will be more build variety like there was in Dark Souls 2.

  • @Forrestgump said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732763#Comment_2732763

    When the pvp is as shallow and boring like it was in Dark Souls 3, people will drop the pvp part really quick.

    I just hope there will be more build variety like there was in Dark Souls 2.

    I've never played Dark Souls because it always looked super boring to me, and more "single player", but uhh, Elden Ring actually looked really cool, so now I'm starting to worry that it's going to be boring and similar to Dark Souls, I had no idea they were related, until reading up on it now.

  • @Veinslay said:

    Why would he be upset about the patch? I thought he could win with no perks/addons and AFKing no problem ez pz

    Because he also cares about the experience of other players and not just his own?

  • @FeelsBadMan said:

    None of the big steamers is permanently gonna leave DBD as long as their viewers want to watch them play the game. They try another game, see their viewers drop and they will be back to DBD cause thats where their money comes from.

    So they either end up like Edgar or FunGoose. Edgar is still steaming DBD cause he has to since as soon as he tries to play another game his viewers drop from ~600 to less than 200. Meanwhile FunGoose went from ~1k viewers to about 30 cause he really stopped playing DBD and went to stream a game that already has a ######### ton of popular streamers.

    If they do leave the game, I don't know if there are slot in replacements for their content. FunGoose's content was unique, nobody has replaced the "Education Streamer" role successfully. He said he would be back after Christmas but somehow I doubt it.

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732128#Comment_2732128

    Ehm no because Elden Ring will be such a massive and constantly updated open world game that views maybe will be almost the same.

    With how popular Elden ring is his viewers might even go up

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732114#Comment_2732114

    Elden Ring looks good I guess? Totally different genre though. Looks to me like Neverwinter with better graphics basically. I have basically no interest in it. 🤷‍♂️

    Otz, and Scott have large backgrounds in Dark souls (idk about tru3 I don't watch him) and Elden ring is a spiritual successor to the dark souls franchise

  • Why should we care? He's paid to play this game 🙄

  • @Komi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732092#Comment_2732092

    Because this is the DBD Forums and 99% are stuck on sarcasm/sass mode.

    But back on Otz, its pain. Shows how everyones feeling inside, cant think of anyone who actually approves of this patch wholely.

    I know I'm not.....this again shows who side the Devs are on sadly. I approve the changes to SoloQ those guys and gals need it. But the biggest thing I see is Boul Overs massive buff to a possible abusive level......if a Killer doesn't have Iron Grasp on they might as well slug, and with changes to Wiggle being skill checks......a baby can make the skill checks in this game....most players are experienced enough to make Great Skill checks with ease.....

  • @ElmosPayPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732101#Comment_2732101

    Who cares about another objectively ######### souls game?

    "objective" Elden ring has been the most anticipated game of the year 2 years in a row and after the network test came out where people WERE ACTUALLY ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME the hype only went up since the game played amazingly but sure dude

  • @Impartiality said:

    Hopefully Tru3 does quit. He is easily one of the worst things for this game and is a huge factor in why the killer v survivor hate is such a huge thing

    Love seeing people flip flop between streamers not mattering at and being the worst thing to ever happen

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732516#Comment_2732516

    dude if i come back to dbd in a week it would mean Elden Ring is such a disappointment that i would spiral into depression and stop streaming. pls no.

    If elden ring fails im just yeeting my PC into the ocean

  • Im still crying... why devs? why? why???????????

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303316/devs-you-broke-otzs-heart

    for the record Otz tru3 and I are absolutely dropping DBD for Elden Ring. I doubt permanently though.

    Noo please don’t go, we can’t play the game without you guys 😭 What will we do without the daily deadhard/surv complaint threads? Actually see positivity on the forums for a change?

  • Devs are killing our streamers! why????????

  • @Laurie268 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732101#Comment_2732101

    Noo please don’t go, we can’t play the game without you guys 😭 What will we do without the daily deadhard/surv complaint threads? Actually see positivity on the forums for a change?

    Positivity on the forums is as possible as the devs buffing twins

  • @Laurie268 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732101#Comment_2732101

    Noo please don’t go, we can’t play the game without you guys 😭 What will we do without the daily deadhard/surv complaint threads? Actually see positivity on the forums for a change?

    Your funny if you think streamers have anything to do with the amount of complaints on the forums

    Believe it or not but this game once wasn't so popular

    Still complaints daily

    Valid complaints at that

    Just because your complaining doesn't mean you don't have a valid reason

  • @legrosporc69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732147#Comment_2732147

    If you never played any dark souls i dont think the game will be for you. If you want to get an idea how good the game is try dark souls 3 gameplay wise it feel the same.

    Yeah, I never played Dark Souls. 🤷‍♂️

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732147#Comment_2732147

    Its Dark Souls but open world. Don't worry, theres gonna be tons of people streaming it regardless of their normal genre, and plenty of clips floating around of your favorite streamers dying. Hype will last for about ~~~ 3 weeks to a month. People...er....streamers who want to 100% the game will keep going, others will either go back or hop on the next trend. Its how it goes.

    Got it, yeah I never played Dark Souls.

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732147#Comment_2732147

    Otz, and Scott have large backgrounds in Dark souls (idk about tru3 I don't watch him) and Elden ring is a spiritual successor to the dark souls franchise

    Got it, makes sense why they’re interested then.

  • I love how people automatically assume streamers are somehow better than everyone else.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732101#Comment_2732101

    Why Elden Ring, out of curiosity? I admittedly know little about the game, so it seems curious that multiple streamers are dropping (temporary or otherwise) DbD for the same game from a different genre altogether.

    Otz and Scott were big Dark souls youtubers and streamers for years before they switched to DBD. And Elden ring is a soulslike game from the same studio.

    It may seem like a different genre to you, but they are simply going back to their roots.

    That said, they will probably still play some DBD, depends how hooked up on Elden ring they get. And I hope it will be a great to play and watch game.

    The content and possible challenge runs in that game seem endless

1 2 3